May 01, 2024, 04:00:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #14 2/2 -2/5/09  (Read 175444 times)
wingnut
Scared Monkey

« Reply #700 on: February 04, 2009, 11:14:40 AM »

That's okay, Fearless Leader.  I have your back!   
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: February 04, 2009, 11:16:48 AM »

That's okay, Fearless Leader.  I have your back!   

smooch
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #702 on: February 04, 2009, 11:44:33 AM »

Good Morning all Smile

I was reading the posts...I guess i need to clarify yet again what i was saying 

FACT When i posted my wonderment at someone not seeing a post, I was Asking the ONES who had seen it, NOT the ones who hadn't. Nor did I specifically address anyone in particular in that post, i was mostly me wondering, is all...plain in simple. I do not know why the ones who hadn't seen even bothered giving explanations to not seeing it. That kind of puzzled me. NEVER did I accuse, JUST because you were a member there YOU had to had seen it..where did I say that? Stop acting and reacting like i did.

FACT NOT ONCE have i said just because you were a member there YOU must have seen it. Im not that stupid. Not everyone reads EVERY post, not everyone sees EVERYTHING. I see no reason some feel the need to defend themselves or others as a result of my post when i wasnt even addressing anyone NOR even accused anyone of it.
BTW when i posted that wonderment post, ever look at who may have been in the rafters?? IT was addressed mainly to people I KNOW had seen it.

FACTI dunno why some think I am attacking or ridiculing MyTime, or anyone else that is here right now, its nice ya all defending them, but where at all have i even said to her last night i am talking to her about anything bad that went on?? Did i come right out and accuse her of anything?? NO. Ya know why? if people would at least READ all posts once in awhile you will see TWO or THREE days ago i believe she and I came to an agreement of sorts where each of us stand.  I am NOT responsible how she replies to my posts, they werent even addressed to her, when they are it says MYTIME or in a reply box with her post.

FACT I did POST in a POST yesterday in this VERY thread I DO know many were NOT aware of what was going on. So why the need to keep thinking people would expect you to know? Cause I certainly know not a lot of you knew. Remember I WAS THERE TOO!

FACTI belong to 9 different Forums/areas, and 6 game sites. I use to own three Forums, before i got sick of the glorified babysitting job it seemed lol.. I been on the net 10 years, and YES I DO have LIFE lol... I seen a lot, I can kind of read someone and before they do something I know what they will do before they are even aware of how they will react. I am NOT stupid as far as human nature goes. I do NOT have hidden meanings in some of my posts, some of them I do. BUT if i am addressing someone THEY would KNOW it. There is NO problem belonging to other forums, groups, chats...it's just the ones that were aware of what some of these forums agendas and stayed then come here to cause crap..is where the problem lays. BUT certainly NOT people coming here to make amends and doing nothing to cause more probs are NOT the problem.

When MYTIME told me she had only been on the net since September, ya know what i thought of inside? The FACT..."omg..a puppy, i remember how many times I actually believed people and to find out later they were nothing but shits when i first got on the net." The first year of netdom is nothing but a bumpy road of learning, what you can surely trust offline because of facial expressions / body language you cant online always cause there is NO facial expressions, ONLY words. SOME know how to say the RIGHT words. They get hold of people who are obviously trusting, because heck, why wouldnt we trust them, they SAY nice things, then get a twisted pleasure of screwin them over. BUT over time you can even read how someone is on the net...most the time.

BUDSGIRL, you said to me the other night to sumtin i had said.."that means you trust no one?" I said Yeah, that works....NO i do NOT trust anyone completely UNLESS i see them face to face and KNOW them personally in my OWN life. However, I DO trust what is shown to me over time, when i see people consistently be the same for months with no "odd" behavior and always react the same to same circumstances dealt to them, then i trust. However even with that sort of rule of thumb, Im fooled a lot at times. Just because someone says they do not trust someone completely does not mean a person doesnt like someone. I have said this a lot...I like what i see now, I like what is presented to me as to who this person wants me to think they are, over time i start trusting that is exactly who that person is, or I dont if Im shown they cant even be consistent in thier own natural behavior.

FACTI am not attacking anyone nor any intention to attack anyone that has come here to make amends to the scared monkeys and klaas and the mods. So please stop feeling the need to defend some people, if I was attacking them, YOU would KNOW it. The reason I say "attack" is because I seen it a few times saying I am "fighting". I am NOT a JUDGE, I have NO right to condemn.

FACTand Maybe contrary to what some may think..when i am saying perhaps harsh things to someone, due to things that have gone on..just think, maybe, just maybe I have a reason for it..a reason I feel I have every right to express.  Just because some dont know my reasons, and I dont feel the need to tell all. BUT if the posts are read COMPLETELY your answers would be right there. I never asked people to agree with it, nor would I. what people see in a post is not my responsibility how they read it.

FACTwhat i DO go off on..I DO have personal knowledge of, just because some of you dont , doesnt mean I expect you to understand, but i do expect you to butt out and not read MORE into it that is going on and making speculations and then reacting on those ASSUMED speculations defending something you have no first hand knowledge of.

Believe it or not, I am not a bad person as some may think. In fact, I rather just goof off. I am like the least serious person I know even offline. So when i have said stuff, I DO have a good reason for it.

I just felt i needed to clear a few things up..im tired of seeing where some think Im attacking, fighting, or whatever to people I havent even addressed.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: February 04, 2009, 11:46:16 AM »

I stop by Musings alot only to find myself here alone most of the time...   I've never understood why Musings isn't used as much as I think it could be.  I constantly bounce back and forth between several threads at a time but I also have never experienced some of the issues with this site that some have (popups, getting knocked out, etc.) and I also am not on dial-up so I dont know if that makes it harder for some to be in "two places at once".

Leroy....some people think they need an audience and therefore do not respect the thread or the posters in the thread.....since more people are at Caylee's thread than any other...that's where they get the most attention...it's about feeding their ego and nothing else!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: February 04, 2009, 11:50:22 AM »

Good morning Sunny!  Good morning monks.

Bud's Girl ~  I take issue with your comment about not being able to be OT late at night at Scared Monkeys.  You and your pals wanted to turn a missing person's thread into your personal chat room for the night.  Why should posters that are interested in Caylee's case have to read or scroll past pages of all the little jokes and  personal stuff you and your friends were posting in the wrong thread.   Why not go to musings?  From what I could read in the posts, it was too "dead".  So, does that mean you require an audience for your OT?    I like a certain amount of OT to keep threads friendly, such as Hi, good night, how are you, and brief OT posts, but not page after page. 

When the late night forays of OT started in the Caylee thread, I started getting email complaints about too much OT.  Bud's Girl, you need to look around you.  This is a big forum, and there are many places to post, and musings is one of them.  I know there isn't a chat or pm's and that is why a LOT more OT is tolerated on the forums imo.  Smatterings of talk through threads.  However, it seemed to me you and your friends just wanted to turn the Caylee thread into a rockin' party place after eleven at night.  Just take over the thing.  If I sound annoyed, I am.  I have seen some things posted in a missing person's thread that just doesn't belong in there, and if posters weren't OT, it wouldn't be happening.  Do you have consideration for other posters, Bud's Girl?  Are you a kind person in real life?  For example, would you just barge in to a cafe with a couple of friends and start talking loudly and making comments, using your cell phone,  and generally disprupting  others having a meal, because you want to have fun?  Yes, that's the word.  Disrupting.  I found that when you and your friends would make your late night forays to play in the Caylee thread, it was disrupting.  And rude.  I saw it as thumbing your noses at Scared Monkeys, admin, mods and your fellow posters.  You and the others know/knew the rules.  There were even funny little sarcastic comments about OT.  Very nice and very considerate.  NOT  So when you guys left to go post somewhere else where you could be OT all day long, it was fine with me.  Yet, that didn't work out and here we are again.  You're back.  Does that mean you want to post here again but this time  be considerate to your fellow posters, the admin and mods?  This isn't directed just at you Bud's Girl.  I didn't see that much trouble that you personally caused.  The others know who they are.  And no, I don't think mytime needs to keep apologizing.  What I'm interested in isn't words but actions.  Yes, saying she was sorry was good.  But it may take time for some to accept.  Time will tell.  JMHO

BTW, would you like some cheese with that whine about not being allowed to post OT late at night at Scared Monkeys?

Edit:  It wasn't so much Bud's Girl that did the disrupting.  The ones that did know who they are.  I posted this because Bud's Girl brought it up.

thanks Muffy...as usual, you bring things tright out front and center......I just can't understand why anyone would bitch about not being able to post OT late at night. They could easily...just move it to Musings!!  Why is that concept so difficult!  I must be really dense cause it looks so simple to me

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #705 on: February 04, 2009, 11:56:32 AM »

Morning!!

If I recall, Musings was created to accomodate the O/T when Natalee's family expressed a desire to read the information in the case discussion thread without having to sift through the O/T there.
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #706 on: February 04, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »

thanks Muffy...as usual, you bring things tright out front and center......I just can't understand why anyone would bitch about not being able to post OT late at night. They could easily...just move it to Musings!!  Why is that concept so difficult!  I must be really dense cause it looks so simple to me

What did 45 cartwheeling monkeys and orchestra seats to a concert have to do with the Caylee thread ?     

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: February 04, 2009, 12:03:13 PM »

Good morning, CBB

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #708 on: February 04, 2009, 12:03:25 PM »

Muffy - I am not sure what to say anymore!!  If I were smart - I would say nothing....but LOL.

Humor is my stress reliever!!  And yes, I have gotten stressed out by the Caylee case!  That is just what I do!!  And I sorry if it seems rude that is or was never my intention.

As for being rude and inconsiderate - I am not!!  However, I can not promise to stay serious all the time and never be o/t again!!  If I did, I would be lying!! I have actually had great laughs with some of the mods here!!  There a couple that come on late and have a great sense of humor. Klaas included!! They help take the pain away, for a moment, for a very sad depressing story that has hit all of us in the heart for many different reasons!!

When my mom was dying in the hospital - obviously a very painful situation, a Priest came in and administered my mother her last rights!!  Then he started to yell at ME for calling him in too late, it was his dayoff, his back hurt, etc.  I was speechless!!  My older sister was one that made the call.  Although, My Mother was in a comma - It is my strong belief she knew all that what was going on!! And I know she was loving seeing me speechless.  Long story, but that particular priest was asked not come back to the ICU wing ever again!!  My sister and I joked about it with my mom!!  She had a great sense of humor - and loved her girls sense of humor as well.  My sister is a nurse supervisor in another stateand all nurses there loved us.  We actually had other total strangers - suffering the same pain as us, laughing.  They thanked us and hugged us!!  By the end, we had made several friends that cared about our pain - as we did theres.  My Mother had to have been so proud of her 2 pride and joys!!  We know she was!!!! To this very date, 2 of them call me to see how I am doing!! 

I would do anything in the world for anybody!!  I never ask for anything in return!!  And I do believe laughter is the best medicine!!  I never intended to make the Caylee thread my "party room!!"

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #709 on: February 04, 2009, 12:05:14 PM »

Good morning Sunny!  Good morning monks.

Bud's Girl ~  I take issue with your comment about not being able to be OT late at night at Scared Monkeys.  You and your pals wanted to turn a missing person's thread into your personal chat room for the night.  Why should posters that are interested in Caylee's case have to read or scroll past pages of all the little jokes and  personal stuff you and your friends were posting in the wrong thread.   Why not go to musings?  From what I could read in the posts, it was too "dead".  So, does that mean you require an audience for your OT?    I like a certain amount of OT to keep threads friendly, such as Hi, good night, how are you, and brief OT posts, but not page after page. 

When the late night forays of OT started in the Caylee thread, I started getting email complaints about too much OT.  Bud's Girl, you need to look around you.  This is a big forum, and there are many places to post, and musings is one of them.  I know there isn't a chat or pm's and that is why a LOT more OT is tolerated on the forums imo.  Smatterings of talk through threads.  However, it seemed to me you and your friends just wanted to turn the Caylee thread into a rockin' party place after eleven at night.  Just take over the thing.  If I sound annoyed, I am.  I have seen some things posted in a missing person's thread that just doesn't belong in there, and if posters weren't OT, it wouldn't be happening.  Do you have consideration for other posters, Bud's Girl?  Are you a kind person in real life?  For example, would you just barge in to a cafe with a couple of friends and start talking loudly and making comments, using your cell phone,  and generally disprupting  others having a meal, because you want to have fun?  Yes, that's the word.  Disrupting.  I found that when you and your friends would make your late night forays to play in the Caylee thread, it was disrupting.  And rude.  I saw it as thumbing your noses at Scared Monkeys, admin, mods and your fellow posters.  You and the others know/knew the rules.  There were even funny little sarcastic comments about OT.  Very nice and very considerate.  NOT  So when you guys left to go post somewhere else where you could be OT all day long, it was fine with me.  Yet, that didn't work out and here we are again.  You're back.  Does that mean you want to post here again but this time  be considerate to your fellow posters, the admin and mods?  This isn't directed just at you Bud's Girl.  I didn't see that much trouble that you personally caused.  The others know who they are.  And no, I don't think mytime needs to keep apologizing.  What I'm interested in isn't words but actions.  Yes, saying she was sorry was good.  But it may take time for some to accept.  Time will tell.  JMHO

BTW, would you like some cheese with that whine about not being allowed to post OT late at night at Scared Monkeys?

Edit:  It wasn't so much Bud's Girl that did the disrupting.  The ones that did know who they are.  I posted this because Bud's Girl brought it up.

I think it all happens before we realize it!!  If that makes sense!!
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #710 on: February 04, 2009, 12:10:07 PM »

Dolce.Did you have a conversation with Lala's about my friend CapsLockWizard?In the slideshow your post #74 coincided with LaLas # 73 about CapsLockWizards treatment at SM!TIA
Actually no, that screen shot that was captured I had asked Klaas to post my portion of it as I was not responding to anything she said, I was asking her if Natalee had  been found and if the photos from underwater were of Natalee.
She had responded to me with "We are not sure, but we think so" or something like that.  That was one of the only posts I ever made in the Natalee thread and it was only because this board on SM was busting at the seems.  I thought that LaLa's was a smart monkey I could ask at CnG without getting in the way.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #711 on: February 04, 2009, 12:14:19 PM »

I do feel compelled to say one thing. Off Topic rarely is planned. It often "evolves" where posters are gathered, and when news is slow. I do understand there being some off topic in the threads. My experience here is that Klaas and Red try very hard to be responsive to posters, and therefore when complaints come in about the O/T, things tighten up a bit. I know the mods have been directed at times to tighten up on it. There's also a good bit of tolerance when news is slow. If that seems inconsistant, it's only because the comraderie that develops among posters is also valued, and posters are here for a lot of different reasons! There is a shift of emphasis at times, and it's a testament to the efforts made to strike a balance for posters that cause that. My hat's off for that effort!

Please know that the experience of the posters here is ultimately the priority in every decision made that I'm aware of. It's a missing persons forum, but the outcropping threads have been born from responsiveness to posters. The prayer thread, Musings, Music thread, etc. are there because of the people who come here to post.   

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #712 on: February 04, 2009, 12:15:21 PM »

Serious question..and im seriously wondering.....if some of you were aware of it there and love it here and the people here..why was I the ONLY ONE that when I DID finally post in the SM thread in CNG i was defending SM?? Some of you had to see where it was stated by OBS he expects members to spread the lies of Klaas and sm? Why was I the ONLY one that actually said I would NOT do it and didnt think that was part of being a member? aND  would have no part of it??  There were many people signed in that night, why is most sat on thier hands and didnt defend the people and place they now say they love?

No wonder i felt i was alone there..........
No Sea Monkey, I would leave you to hang alone, I was never approached by anyone there to do anything.
Wow, I did not know that you were asked to spread lies?  I did not know of or see the SM bashing thread.

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #713 on: February 04, 2009, 12:15:23 PM »

Seamonkey - i never felt attacked by you!!  I am not even sure why some are seeing it that way!!  You just call it like you see it!!

I am not groveling for forgiveness as some think.  But i will explain the way it was for me!  I will admit when I am wrong - and I will explain when I feel the need!!  And i will speak up for the ones that are not here or feel unfortable!!

You and BG agree not to trust anyone over the net and  I am way too trusting!!  Hey, if i get burned - it is on them - not me!! 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: February 04, 2009, 12:20:48 PM »

What did 45 cartwheeling monkeys and orchestra seats to a concert have to do with the Caylee thread ?     

It didn't and that's why I posted it in Musings and NOT in the Caylee thread

Rest in Peace Caylee

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #715 on: February 04, 2009, 12:21:49 PM »

I do feel compelled to say one thing. Off Topic rarely is planned. It often "evolves" where posters are gathered, and when news is slow. I do understand there being some off topic in the threads. My experience here is that Klaas and Red try very hard to be responsive to posters, and therefore when complaints come in about the O/T, things tighten up a bit. I know the mods have been directed at times to tighten up on it. There's also a good bit of tolerance when news is slow. If that seems inconsistant, it's only because the comraderie that develops among posters is also valued, and posters are here for a lot of different reasons! There is a shift of emphasis at times, and it's a testament to the efforts made to strike a balance for posters that cause that. My hat's off for that effort!

Please know that the experience of the posters here is ultimately the priority in every decision made that I'm aware of. It's a missing persons forum, but the outcropping threads have been born from responsiveness to posters. The prayer thread, Musings, Music thread, etc. are there because of the people who come here to post.   

Once again. I love your post!!!  You have such an eloquent style!!  Your good heart comes shines right through!!  I also love your wit!!  And I am always happy to see when you are on!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #716 on: February 04, 2009, 12:22:48 PM »

Mytime? If I haven't said it clearly enough, let me do so now. As far as I'm concerned, you don't have to apologize anymore for my benefit! I really don't have an appetite to slow roast you over a spit of fire. My intent and reaction here is solely about the unjust attacks and lies I saw on the slideshow and the hurt it caused.

As for me, I'd take you off whatever hook you feel you are on, and ask you to just come down and play in the cage with the other monkeys who are also human.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: February 04, 2009, 12:27:02 PM »

Thanks CBB as usual your post is fair and balanced

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: February 04, 2009, 12:28:49 PM »

THE POINT IS THIS - There is no such thing as a private forum (invite only) where members can post things they don't think the world can read.  It always gets out.

There are blatant lies being told about ME, Red, SM and others at CnG.  Choose to believe what you wish I really don't care.  I have been receiving infomation, member lists, screen captures from CnG for a couple months now.  I get information sent to me by many different people, there is not just one person.

The slide show of screen captures was posted here in MUSING because none of this pertains to ANY missing persons case.

There are SM members that went to CnG just to check it out.  Some fell into the SM bashing game and are now sorry.  That's OK, I'm willing to forgive and forget.  Let's not go on forever with people defending what they said or didn't say at CnG.  It's over and done with, it's the past.  I've been sitting on alot of this information for over a month and if I can move on I'm sure others can too.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: February 04, 2009, 12:29:35 PM »

Mytime? If I haven't said it clearly enough, let me do so now. As far as I'm concerned, you don't have to apologize anymore for my benefit! I really don't have an appetite to slow roast you over a spit of fire. My intent and reaction here is solely about the unjust attacks and lies I saw on the slideshow and the hurt it caused.

As for me, I'd take you off whatever hook you feel you are on, and ask you to just come down and play in the cage with the other monkeys who are also human.

I agree CBB
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.