May 01, 2024, 03:50:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #14 2/2 -2/5/09  (Read 175442 times)
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #760 on: February 04, 2009, 02:08:41 PM »

I myself have never been to CnG, so I have little to nothing to say about that place other than what has been shown to me here in musings and so Im glad not to be associated with it,
    However since this is musings and we are discussing things here that pertains to this forum I do have something to say about the late night OT that has been known to go on in the Caylee thread at times and more so in the past.
    Some say that they were their to release stress with a little humor, but this was also used to strike out at other posters that they didnt like or didnt agree with at certain times when they thought they would not be noticed so much, and I for one was one of the posters that got hit pretty hard by several on there at the time.
    I was talked about and reduiculed and called a liar and laughed at by several of these late night posters, and Im not gonna call names because they know who  they were so I dont feel the need to call names, and then when one or two did get banned for the unnecessary slamming they did go hunt me down elsewhere and continue to agravate me to no end,  and also to grab some pictures of me and post them right here in SM, and then make a Facebook account using them and post the link to it for whoever they could get to go look at it!
     I dont know and have never know personally any of these people that for whatever reason decided to slam me and talk about my daughter and do other stuff that was just down right childish, and so I just wanted to say that the late night posting wasnt all stress release and happy go lucky times!

Anyway, I would just like to say that while all this was going on Klass, and several of the other mod's were right on top of it and did exactly the right thing and payed attention and knew the scoop and handled like it needed to be handled, so I for one say,   KLAAS is great as a MOD, and I would stand up and tell anybody this and if they didnt like it then so be it!                      There........thats my two cents worth, Im done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HH - I am not going to touch this one!!  I won't go there!!   But if made you fell better than I am glad that you got if off your chest!! 
Im glad to get it off my chest to and I didnt write it to feel better, I feel just fine, I wrote this because the OT was being talked about and I wanted to tell what I saw going on in the late night OT, but its fine no one has to TOUCH it...........

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #761 on: February 04, 2009, 02:10:48 PM »

Higherhopes ~  I was the mod on the thread the night your pics were posted and I took them off as fast as I could.  As far as I'm concerned there is absolutely NO reason for personal pics of other posters  or their family to be posted on this forum. 
I never did know when that was done, as I was at work and only heard about it once I got home and Logged on and read it being discussed, but Thank You for doing what you did ,   Thank You very much!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #762 on: February 04, 2009, 02:14:36 PM »

The only problem i have is that it's in a sreen capture under her name.When going over to the Caylee thread i always enjoyed Dolce's posts.
KTF I enjoy all of yours as well, we have had our differences, but in the end we worked them out.  I do not recall making that post, it is not something that I would state as I do not feel that way.  One time when I did feel that someone had been wrongly snipped at, I immediately had emailed my concern to 2 mods, Muffy and Klaas.  They explained themselves and we spoke through it, like adults. 
I stand by what I said, that post was not done by me.  Under my name, yes according to the screen shot, but I was not the only one with my login info, but I know the 2 people who I had given it to would not have written that either, but now hearing all of this crap I would not put it past their moderators as they have all your information as well. 
A1 mentioned to me in an email that she had noticed posts under her name on CnG that she had not made.  I can dig through my emails I have and forward it to Klaas so that she can see the date.  When A1 confronted someone about it, it was brushed aside from what I recall.  A1 do I have this all correct??
I never saw Dolce post one thing in the body of C and G.  She came to chat a couple of times that I know of.

Dolce did post - she came to the mytime party thread - which I might add - I NEVER requested that. Mrks called me and told me about and I didn't know what to say!!  I hated it!!  We felt an obligation and got pressured to use it - so we did like 2 or 3 times - then it was never used again!! 
You are right, I mentioned the threads that I had gone into, the "Travel thread" to talk about my then up and coming trip to Greece, which was cancelled, I went and spoke with you and others in the "MyTime" room because you all were not in the chat, and then I posted once in the "Natalee" thread about the underwater photos, which I want to add I am still confused about!!!
I think that A1 was meaning she knew that I was not in the bashing threads as they were hidden, even from her from what I understand.  I think she was referring to the "chat member level" that Sea had described, not the inner hidden levels of the main thread.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #763 on: February 04, 2009, 02:14:55 PM »

Thanks Muffy for reminding everyone that mods do not have the personal information of posters. No e-mail addys, IP addresses, etc. That too, was an administrative decision to protect posters, I'm sure. It's a good one, IMO.

I would also point out that it adds a layer of protection for mods, too! I like the fact that if someone claims they are receiving abusive e-mails, etc. that I can truthfully assert that I had no access. I trust that posters would have a sense of me enough to not suspect it, but I appreciate that everyone knows without asking that personal information is simply not accesible. I don't want it! 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #764 on: February 04, 2009, 02:18:11 PM »

The only problem i have is that it's in a sreen capture under her name.When going over to the Caylee thread i always enjoyed Dolce's posts.
KTF I enjoy all of yours as well, we have had our differences, but in the end we worked them out.  I do not recall making that post, it is not something that I would state as I do not feel that way.  One time when I did feel that someone had been wrongly snipped at, I immediately had emailed my concern to 2 mods, Muffy and Klaas.  They explained themselves and we spoke through it, like adults. 
I stand by what I said, that post was not done by me.  Under my name, yes according to the screen shot, but I was not the only one with my login info, but I know the 2 people who I had given it to would not have written that either, but now hearing all of this crap I would not put it past their moderators as they have all your information as well. 
A1 mentioned to me in an email that she had noticed posts under her name on CnG that she had not made.  I can dig through my emails I have and forward it to Klaas so that she can see the date.  When A1 confronted someone about it, it was brushed aside from what I recall.  A1 do I have this all correct??
I never saw Dolce post one thing in the body of C and G.  She came to chat a couple of times that I know of.

Dolce did post - she came to the mytime party thread - which I might add - I NEVER requested that. Mrks called me and told me about and I didn't know what to say!!  I hated it!!  We felt an obligation and got pressured to use it - so we did like 2 or 3 times - then it was never used again!! 
You are right, I mentioned the threads that I had gone into, the "Travel thread" to talk about my then up and coming trip to Greece, which was cancelled, I went and spoke with you and others in the "MyTime" room because you all were not in the chat, and then I posted once in the "Natalee" thread about the underwater photos, which I want to add I am still confused about!!!
I think that A1 was meaning she knew that I was not in the bashing threads as they were hidden, even from her from what I understand.  I think she was referring to the "chat member level" that Sea had described, not the inner hidden levels of the main thread.

I just didn't want anybody to think there were contradictions with any type of  misunderstanding!!   
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #765 on: February 04, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »

I was not aware of the craziness that went on back in 2005, that is outrageous. I have always felt safe here at SM.  I remember reading on the Natalee thread here back when Natalee first went missing, you all had a few members here that were from Natalee's class and who had been on the trip.  I got into reading about her case as we were in Mexico when Natalee went missing, and my Mom called me frantic to see if I had made the plane.  When I got home I searched for info on Natalee and was brought to this site and stayed with it on and off for a few years.  I came back when Caylee went missing and signed up to be a poster...been here ever since.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #766 on: February 04, 2009, 02:21:15 PM »

I just didn't want anybody to think there were contradictions with any type of  misunderstanding!!   
I get what you are sayin completely!  I agree with what you are saying too.

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #767 on: February 04, 2009, 02:21:24 PM »

Thanks Muffy for reminding everyone that mods do not have the personal information of posters. No e-mail addys, IP addresses, etc. That too, was an administrative decision to protect posters, I'm sure. It's a good one, IMO.

I would also point out that it adds a layer of protection for mods, too! I like the fact that if someone claims they are receiving abusive e-mails, etc. that I can truthfully assert that I had no access. I trust that posters would have a sense of me enough to not suspect it, but I appreciate that everyone knows without asking that personal information is simply not accesible. I don't want it! 

We all know behind that little sweet face lurks the mind of evil doer!!   

Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #768 on: February 04, 2009, 02:24:15 PM »

To clarify this too....again.....the "look whats posted at sm" aka "let's bash sm " thread...was OPEN for ALL members to view. It was not hidden, it was not only able to be accessed by certain levels of members. It was VIEWABLE and ACCESSABLE by ALL members there, wasn't until AFTER i defended what i wouldnt do to sm, it WAS HIDDEN. It was in the general discussion area, ACCESSIBLE by ALL members. When it became hidden was AFTER many were already banned, it was hidden ONLY a few days ago. IF YOU were a member there of ANY level...you COULD have access to IT.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #769 on: February 04, 2009, 02:27:52 PM »

Blonde has posted an update on her mom in the prayer thread....

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: February 04, 2009, 02:29:12 PM »

Dolce ~  You didn't really have to explain why you gave your log in info at CNG to me.  I guess I was just shocked that you did so, because I would never give someone my password.   Mr. Bee doesn't even know my SM password.  Not that I could see him sneaking in to post in my name or anything...  

Admins of any forum would have the ability to change someones password and log on as them posting whatever they want. This is the type of thing that went on HERE at SM back before October 2005 and what almost brought the site down.  That is when all of the Admins and Mods at SM were fired and Red asked me if I would be willing to help him out.  That was in October 2005.  That is why there is no PM or Edit buttons available to our members.  That is why the moderators at SM don't have much access and cannot help members put up an avatar nor can the moderators at SM see the members profile information. 

I have no idea what abilities the moderators (******* and Destiny) have over at CnG.

I do remember that happening, because I remember having had the assumption that two of the old mods were either a married couple or lived together (based upon their posts), there was some crazy craziness and then they were gone.

Here's my thing...I come and go here as I please.  I've mostly always just lurked and read since 2005.  Off and on after the first crash, for a good amount the time since I never even tried to sign in.  A couple of times when I did want to post something, it had been so long since I'd last posted or there had been a crash, and I had to contact Klaas to ask to be reinstated.  I've done that twice, I believe.  Both times, whether she even remembered me or not, she got me back in the cage.

All that time, Klaas has been here.  As steady as the sun. 

I have reaped the rewards of her dedication.  As have all of you, and the families of the missing people we claim to care about.

I don't for one second believe that Klaas, Red, or any of the other mods need me or anyone to defend them as their dedication and fairness speak for itself.  But if we all decided that, then the vicious and completely asinine lies being told about them stand a chance of being believed by any who don't actually know better.  If I don't defend them, who will?  If we all don't defend them, who will?

I've spent a couple of days trying to figure out why this stuff has p*ssed me off as much as it has.  I've finally come to the conclusion that its twofold.  One, I just stated above.  The second is that it has completely disrupted and distracted from the meaningful discussions in the thread I care the most about, Natalee Holloway.

[I've just deleted a paragraph I had typed containing what I had to say to the losers at CnG.  It would be wrong of me to test Klaas and the mods that way.]

Thank you San, for your example of restraint.
Thank you Muffy Bee, for your spot on posts.  I officially request an applauding monkey face for those times I want to reply to you.
Thank you to ALL of the mods.  I'm sorry I'm not mentioning you all by name - I don't want to leave anyone out.  You are all fantastic and those of us that enjoy the fruits of your labor do not tell you often enough how much we appreciate you.
Klaas, you are the greatest.  Thank you.
Red, how blessed are we that God created you in the manner he did.  Thank you, sir, for your kindness, generosity and hospitality. 

With that.....I do believe I'm moving on from this CnG issue.  At least until I see something else that makes me want to poke ******* in the eye.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #771 on: February 04, 2009, 02:30:19 PM »

What the was done to HH was wrong!!  That same person scammed me for a long time!!  I believed her when she said her sil did it and was laughed at by many for believing it!! 

She almost scammed me for money until another dear monkey friend spoke up!!  She "payed  us both back - espesially me for a long time!  I almost had to change my phone number!!  My poor monkey got lied about too.

We stuck together and weathered out the storm!!   

Gee, you think I would have learned the first time!! 

Guess what I am still trusting!!  And I will be until someone shows me otherwise!!  For now!!!!
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #772 on: February 04, 2009, 02:31:54 PM »

The exact date it became hidden (the "look at whats posted in sm" thread) was january 28th. Up to that point anyone that was a member there of ANY level could READ and POST in it.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #773 on: February 04, 2009, 02:35:23 PM »

To clarify this too....again.....the "look whats posted at sm" aka "let's bash sm " thread...was OPEN for ALL members to view. It was not hidden, it was not only able to be accessed by certain levels of members. It was VIEWABLE and ACCESSABLE by ALL members there, wasn't until AFTER i defended what i wouldnt do to sm, it WAS HIDDEN. It was in the general discussion area, ACCESSIBLE by ALL members. When it became hidden was AFTER many were already banned, it was hidden ONLY a few days ago. IF YOU were a member there of ANY level...you COULD have access to IT.

Yep!!!!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #774 on: February 04, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »

Blonde has posted an update on her mom in the prayer thread....

Thanks Leroy

and

Thanks Lifesong
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #775 on: February 04, 2009, 02:38:37 PM »

The exact date it became hidden (the "look at whats posted in sm" thread) was january 28th. Up to that point anyone that was a member there of ANY level could READ and POST in it.

The irony of it is amazing!!  This very thread is what helped me open my eyes!!  Things started to become clearer.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #776 on: February 04, 2009, 02:40:08 PM »

Yep!!!!   

This is the hard part.It was there for all to see,yet,some say they didn't see it?Are they telling the truth?I don't know.That's the hard part.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #777 on: February 04, 2009, 02:40:13 PM »

I've never actually viewed the layout at CnG other than to see the orange and yellow screen shots (did I mention I don't care for orange  ).  I will say that we have an ELVIS thread here in the Music forum that I'm sure many members have never seen.  Just because it's there for people to see it doesn't mean they have viewed it.  I do admit if I saw a thread about SM or CnG my curiosity would get the best of me 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: February 04, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »

Leroy ~  I'm headed over to the prayer thread.  Thank you for letting us know Blonde has posted again.

Lifesong ~ I agree, Klaas is the greatest, and I appreciate Red letting us all be a part of this forum.    It's been my pleasure to work with the other monkey mods.  It is disappointing to see missing person's threads disrupted, and I will be glad when we are over this speed bump and back to posting as monkeys together.  Thank you for your kind words Lifesong. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #779 on: February 04, 2009, 02:46:43 PM »

The irony of it is amazing!!  This very thread is what helped me open my eyes!!  Things started to become clearer.

The first time i ever went in there i had said to a few friends..wow! they should rename this site to "BitchandSnitch"...i couldnt believe all the whining and crap... i didnt go back in there for awhile..until ******* made me VERY curious from his pm's to me, that i found insulting ... accusing me basically of snitching , because i dare read a few threads that were there , that any member could read...and thats after one of the first times i actually went in there ..lol...well heck, if im accused of it I may as well do it after that lol SO cng thank Obs for anything I may have passed on to others. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.