June 15, 2024, 06:56:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #14 2/2 -2/5/09  (Read 177775 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2009, 09:55:55 AM »

Sometimes I will take sides and sometimes I won't.  Mostly I will if I feel strongly that one side is right and the other wrong.

Think mine comes from being the youngest of five, I had to learn to pick and chose my battles.

But for me, there are some things worth fighting for.  And I think some people are just not comfortable posting at a place where even Red is bashed then coming on his forum and making themselves at home.

I can appreciate that as well.

Those are choices that each of us has to make for ourselves.  I post at forums on totally different topics as well, dogs, conspiracy theories, some geneology, crafts, cooking, writing, so I get more email than I can ever read but wish I did have the time to really enjoy all of them,  maybe I will when I wrap up with my dogs as I will be moving to apartment with less maintenance.  More time for me then.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2009, 10:07:05 AM »

Off to work, monkeys.

Have a great day, all of you!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2009, 10:23:54 AM »

Interesting posts last night, indeed.

Much of this reminds me of the refugees build-out, one thing I do know is that lessons learned with these forums is that at any given time, the anonymity that's afforded all of us can also be used by some to harm others. I probably do not agree that you can 'stay out of it', that is if you stand up for your integrity - but if you choose not to, then I suppose you can tell yourself you aren't part of it.

Either way, it takes a toll on many to read and suffer through not only the drive-by's but knowing they are being pursued wildly by irrational people that comes close to stalking, in their drive to publicize their personal information to include name, location, profession.

Where does all the anger come from here? Whether it's grumble or golden, isn't the one issue to truly be angry regarding is the missing and possibly murdered individuals???

If I were a family member of Natalee's I would be so discouraged by the actions of some. If some of these self-made super sleuths think there are no boundaries then they are very mistaken; if they think the end justifies the means, they are very mistaken.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »

Interesting posts last night, indeed.

Much of this reminds me of the refugees build-out, one thing I do know is that lessons learned with these forums is that at any given time, the anonymity that's afforded all of us can also be used by some to harm others. I probably do not agree that you can 'stay out of it', that is if you stand up for your integrity - but if you choose not to, then I suppose you can tell yourself you aren't part of it.

Either way, it takes a toll on many to read and suffer through not only the drive-by's but knowing they are being pursued wildly by irrational people that comes close to stalking, in their drive to publicize their personal information to include name, location, profession.

Where does all the anger come from here? Whether it's grumble or golden, isn't the one issue to truly be angry regarding is the missing and possibly murdered individuals???

If I were a family member of Natalee's I would be so discouraged by the actions of some. If some of these self-made super sleuths think there are no boundaries then they are very mistaken; if they think the end justifies the means, they are very mistaken.

Hi Nonesuche - just keep in mind that CnG was actually born out of the Caylee Anthony case more so than the NH case. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2009, 10:41:20 AM »

Thanks Klaas, understood. I guess my hope was that some would have learned from Natalee's case originally, where the boundaries are.

Oh well......you can lead horses to water......or mules too I suppose.

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2009, 10:44:32 AM »

Luke 6:27-36

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back."

"Then saith Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into its place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" (Matthew 5:9).

Matthew 7:12 "Do to others what you would have them do to you"

Can't we just all get along? 

I Stand With The Girl
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2009, 11:06:13 AM »

I don't disagree BT but I also closed down a forum recently, was criticized by a few for having done so or even intending to do so, due to exactly these types of associations and attacks at other forums spilling over into that one. It wasn't even a forum for missing persons, just one for friendship and chatter.

I think the can't we all get along needs to be applied liberally across the forums. I'm not starting arguments nor posting outrageous slings at other posters.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2009, 11:17:40 AM »

I guess I just don't appreciate people stalking my children because they don't like me.

And I certainly wasn't doing anything to them in the first place to warrant any such attacks.

I might turn the other cheek for myself but don't really think I have the right to do that for my children as well as they don't have a clue what this is all about much less why they would be involved.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2009, 11:29:04 AM »

Well, you did name three people and say GM was not their enemy.  What about the rest of us? 

That is your term, "your enemy" and not mine.

But basically, I do agree that where a person posts does not necessarily reflect their feelings for somebody else.  It is their own individual posts that do that.  It just depends on whether they are one of the ones piling on or not I suppose.  It's a shame that people feel the need to launch personal attacks on others in any context.

Art, OS, and Tibro chose to leave GM over a disagreement. I was trying to reinforce to them that people at GM are not their enemies, even though they made that decision. I can't speak to the feelings of others at GM regarding specific people here, but speaking for myself, I don't want to be anyone's enemy, regardless of where on the internet they might post. Life is too short for that, and I never liked being forced to take sides anyway. I never would even do that on the playground when I was a kid. Probably something haywire with my sock monkey stuffings, I guess.

BT, I was not going to get into this, but since you've mentioned my name, I must say you have expressed lovely sentiments. Unfortunately, none of it true.

But, if it makes you feel better to think of it this way, carry on.

I suppose acts of harassment, disparagement of one's character, lies ,etc are all acts of people that are NOT your enemies?
Please.

There are two roads to take in this life, one of honesty and love and one of deception and hatefulness.

I chose the one of honesty and love. I do make choices. I chose to stand by my friends that were being ruthlessly attacked.

I did NOT stand with the attackers as some of you did.

Do not think for one minute that those attacks stayed at that forum. Some of your Delightful members took it upon themselves to stalk some of us to other places.

It is a little more than a "disagreement" Bt.

Get your facts straight.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2009, 11:30:21 AM »

Thou shalt not bear false wintess.

Do not call that which is evil good nor that which is good evil.

PERSONA NON GRATA

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2009, 11:31:34 AM »

Well, you did name three people and say GM was not their enemy.  What about the rest of us? 

That is your term, "your enemy" and not mine.

But basically, I do agree that where a person posts does not necessarily reflect their feelings for somebody else.  It is their own individual posts that do that.  It just depends on whether they are one of the ones piling on or not I suppose.  It's a shame that people feel the need to launch personal attacks on others in any context.

Art, OS, and Tibro chose to leave GM over a disagreement. I was trying to reinforce to them that people at GM are not their enemies, even though they made that decision. I can't speak to the feelings of others at GM regarding specific people here, but speaking for myself, I don't want to be anyone's enemy, regardless of where on the internet they might post. Life is too short for that, and I never liked being forced to take sides anyway. I never would even do that on the playground when I was a kid. Probably something haywire with my sock monkey stuffings, I guess.

BT, I was not going to get into this, but since you've mentioned my name, I must say you have expressed lovely sentiments. Unfortunately, none of it true.

But, if it makes you feel better to think of it this way, carry on.

I suppose acts of harassment, disparagement of one's character, lies ,etc are all acts of people that are NOT your enemies?
Please.

There are two roads to take in this life, one of honesty and love and one of deception and hatefulness.

I chose the one of honesty and love. I do make choices. I chose to stand by my friends that were being ruthlessly attacked.

I did NOT stand with the attackers as some of you did.

Do not think for one minute that those attacks stayed at that forum. Some of your Delightful members took it upon themselves to stalk some of us to other places.

It is a little more than a "disagreement" Bt.

Get your facts straight.

Guess what, Art? I'm not gonna fight with you.

Hugs and Smoochies.

I Stand With The Girl
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2009, 11:33:00 AM »

Thou shalt not bear false wintess.

Do not call that which is evil good nor that which is good evil.

THank you, Anna, exactly what I was thinking
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2009, 11:34:08 AM »

BT,

I am glad for that.

If the truth means a fight, then so be it.

Sorry you feel that way, though.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »

BT,

I am glad for that.

If the truth means a fight, then so be it.

Sorry you feel that way, though.

Art, you know me well enough to know I'm very mooshy and a terrible fighter. I still miss all of you who left and wish we could all talk with each other again.   Crying or Very sad

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2009, 12:02:12 PM »

Look at this excerpt from an article I just saw.

What are the four types?
People who express dopamine - I call them Explorers - tend to be risk-taking, curious, creative, impulsive, optimistic and energetic. The traits associated with the serotonin system express themselves in what I call Builders. They're cautious but not fearful, calm, traditional, community-oriented, persistent and loyal. Directors have traits associated with activity in the testosterone system. These people tend to be very analytical, decisive, tough-minded; they like to debate and can be aggressive. The fourth type is the Negotiator. Men or women who express activity in the estrogen system tend to be broadminded imaginative, compassionate, intuitive, verbal, nurturing, altruistic and idealistic.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090202/hl_time/08599187611300

Some of us are Directors and like to debate, and some of us are woosy Negotiators who don't. Guess which one I am? 

I Stand With The Girl
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2009, 12:12:27 PM »

I've been reading and trying to catch up......all I can say is I'm a scared monkey and proud of it.No place else I want or need to be. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2009, 12:44:04 PM »

I must say, I am appalled to see the nics of a couple posters whom I previously had the utmost respect for, participating there.  I am sick.

wingnut

I do believe we are referring to the same two posters who are posting at CnG  and ... I am so troubled.  I cannot believe that I had feel so connected to these people ... people I have never met.

Anyways ... I thought about these two last night while lying in bed ... I asked God "Why?"  During devotions this morning ... through His Word ... I was reminded that ... as a child of God ... I am to trust Him in in all aspects of my life.  He has an unrevealed plan.

Janet

+++++++

Romans 8:28

And we know that all thing work together for the good of them who love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2009, 12:49:57 PM »

Luke 6:27-36

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back."

"Then saith Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into its place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword."

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" (Matthew 5:9).

Matthew 7:12 "Do to others what you would have them do to you"

Can't we just all get along? 

You know BT, I do agree!!  I probably went a little over the top!  It is just hard to sick back  - be lied about and get slammed for no reason at all!!  If anybody has the right to accuse me of anything bad, it would be Klaas and SM!  Sad to say but very true!!  An email was sent to Klaas - for the sole purpose of getting me banned here, Klaas chose to forgive me for stupidity and naivety.  Why would Mrks even care where I post now - we didn't even exist anymore?  LOL

My "role" in my family and with my firends was that of the peace maker!!  I didn't like for any one to be mad at eachother!!  Life is too short!!  However, I got tired of being a doormat - constantly be used for money, gifts and vacations, etc!!  And in the recent months, I have to take a stand!!  Yes, I actually say no now!!

I have friends and family members that don't like eachother.  I can not change their minds, I have learned that the hard way.  I don't like to be forced to take sides, especially when I think they are both wrong! It is usaully a stupid misunderstanding!! However, I don't allow them to even talk about it with me!!  I will not play both sides!!  But they are adults and have earned the right to think and feel the want they want, whether I like it or not!!

That said, I think it was time to tell the truth and make a stand about CnG.  We can not ignore the evil that exists.  Too many people were getting hurt and used like pawns in a dirty game!!  I will not ignore it nor I will I be intimidated by it!! 

I have admitted this openly, if I was too get banned from SM.  I would of have it coming - even before CnG!!  I am guilty of alot of o/t!! I would not have liked it!  Probably would have vented some - but I would still take responsibly for my own actions!!  I would not expects my friends to come to my defense or wreak havoc on the board!!   I would not expect others to take responsibility for something I have done!!

I realize that not everyone is going to get along.  A banned monkey, of course, will not like SM!!  That is just the way it is!!  I can not change this!!  Every side has their own reasons for things that have gone on - that I was not privy too!!   We all make choices, some good and some bad, some without thinking and some with blinders on!!  I will not takes sides about things I truly have no knowledge of!  I can like a banned monkey as well as Klaas for banning them!!  If that is seen as wrong or that I lack character, then I can only say - I'm am trying hard in my life to not pass judgement as I do not want to be judged!! 

I have tried to make ammneds with any posters that I have offended!  One in particular made the first effort.  She had no reason to either, as I wasn't always very nice.  However, she was been the bigger person and for that I will acknowledge and respect her!!   Actually, I wanted to do the same but wasn't sure how to!  I was waiting for the right time - however she made the first effort and for that I truly appreciate!!

I really didn't join this forum to make friends that was just an added bonus.  I have made a few and for that I am thankful - as my real life friends don't understand the "whole Caylee" thing.  Joining the internet world has been a lesson in itself- some good - some bad!!  And I am sure I have much more to learn.   That is why I have buckled up!!   
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2009, 12:59:58 PM »

Hugs, Mytime.

I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad about anything they were saying. I'm just saying that I'm a wuss and I'm not good at joining in fights. Everyone is welcome to fight amongst themselves, but please leave me out of it. 

I Stand With The Girl
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2009, 01:03:32 PM »

Look at this excerpt from an article I just saw.

What are the four types?
People who express dopamine - I call them Explorers - tend to be risk-taking, curious, creative, impulsive, optimistic and energetic. The traits associated with the serotonin system express themselves in what I call Builders. They're cautious but not fearful, calm, traditional, community-oriented, persistent and loyal. Directors have traits associated with activity in the testosterone system. These people tend to be very analytical, decisive, tough-minded; they like to debate and can be aggressive. The fourth type is the Negotiator. Men or women who express activity in the estrogen system tend to be broadminded imaginative, compassionate, intuitive, verbal, nurturing, altruistic and idealistic.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090202/hl_time/08599187611300

Some of us are Directors and like to debate, and some of us are woosy Negotiators who don't. Guess which one I am? 

Thank You BT  - I really enjoyed this post!!  Bet you can which one I am too!!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.