June 15, 2024, 02:22:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #14 2/2 -2/5/09  (Read 177704 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2009, 01:45:34 PM »

Art - I was afraid to tamper with the cartoon but the thought did cross my mind 

Janet- Even at work sadly, these kinds of things happen that are so hurtful. You have such a tender heart which makes you special but also makes it hurt all the more.

One piece of advice, try throwing something, even if it's hard snowball. Just let it out but as always, you'll rise above it.

Life is just too short to allow it to bring you down.

I continue to stand with the girl.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2009, 01:45:58 PM »

BT--wow!! you act so clueless...yet, you were right there when stuff happened to me too in gm. Do you even have a friggin clue why carnut asked for that vote on me?? Because when i read the post asking to vote me off misery island the whole lot of ya didnt even act like ya had a clue, yet there ya all were voting. Going on a word of a few, yet they not even knowing why. Can you say sheep following right off a cliff?? It was more to do with my association of the ones that left than anything, the posts proved it. In the vote me off thread where is it mentioned ONCE exactly why i was?? It isnt, more was said about what the others "did" which they didnt, but hey, you have ya wacko leader and his followers words to go on, so why should you feel the need to think or see for yourself. EIGHT People do NOT all of a sudden LEAVE a forum they were part of for so long WITHOUT damn good reason!!! GET YA FACTS STRAIGHT!!

Seamonkey, as I recall, BT wasn't even there the night this all happened. So I have no idea how she knows everything that went on. Hmm....could it be she was LIED to????? Naw......lol
But, she knows it all, now, doesn't she? How can anyone "FEEL" anything that they know nothing about? OH yeah, the two "leaks" were there spouting off, weren't they?  The same ones that are behind a lot of the "drive bys"...NAW...coudln't be, could it??????

Art

I'm pretty sure I've heard and read enough to figure out that two different sides have two different stories, because folks just look at things different ways.

Still not getting into the fight. 

I Stand With The Girl
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2009, 01:46:13 PM »

BT--wow!! you act so clueless...yet, you were right there when stuff happened to me too in gm. Do you even have a friggin clue why carnut asked for that vote on me?? Because when i read the post asking to vote me off misery island the whole lot of ya didnt even act like ya had a clue, yet there ya all were voting. Going on a word of a few, yet they not even knowing why. Can you say sheep following right off a cliff?? It was more to do with my association of the ones that left than anything, the posts proved it. In the vote me off thread where is it mentioned ONCE exactly why i was?? It isnt, more was said about what the others "did" which they didnt, but hey, you have ya wacko leader and his followers words to go on, so why should you feel the need to think or see for yourself. EIGHT People do NOT all of a sudden LEAVE a forum they were part of for so long WITHOUT damn good reason!!! GET YA FACTS STRAIGHT!!

Seamonkey, as I recall, BT wasn't even there the night this all happened. So I have no idea how she knows everything that went on. Hmm....could it be she was LIED to????? Naw......lol
But, she knows it all, now, doesn't she? How can anyone "FEEL" anything that they know nothing about? OH yeah, the two "leaks" were there spouting off, weren't they?  The same ones that are behind a lot of the "drive bys"...NAW...coudln't be, could it??????

Yeah well the two "leaks" are the ones runnin havoc in every forum they touch..But heck what do I know..Im just a seamonkey...and people lie on the net???...Oh gawd say it isnt soooo.

and none,  excellent picture lol
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2009, 01:46:37 PM »

Janet- Even at work sadly, these kinds of things happen that are so hurtful. You have such a tender heart which makes you special but also makes it hurt all the more.

One piece of advice, try throwing something, even if it's hard snowball. Just let it out but as always, you'll rise above it.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »

BT are you deliberately trying to push Art and Seamonkey's buttons by continuing to imply nothing happened?

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2009, 01:51:33 PM »

Adding, if you push buttons you ARE IN THE FIGHT.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »

OK.Here's the visual.After two cups of Green Tea Janet is feeling extremely Hinky and takes None up on the offer!Janet proceeds to get up out of the computer chair,strides to the door and open sit ajar with green tea in hand.Throws the Snowball and knocks over the birdfeeder!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2009, 01:52:27 PM »

I have followed the terrible disappearance of Natalee Holloway since June 2005.  First by reading @RWV (Riehl's).  Being unfamiliar with the world of forums and blogging I felt too intimidated to join.  I also read on SM but computer froze up so often when I accessed the site I became discouraged.
Perhaps it was due to my very limited lack of computer savy, or maybe because I was on dial-up.  In 2006 IIRC I found bfn and decided to join>I was in the chat room and it was some time before I learned there was a forum where people post their opinions.  It seems hard to imagine I was so wet behind the ears...at my advanced age ..

Well although I seldom post but read frequently, I guess I should weigh in on the events of the past days.  Firstly by offering my thanks to Klaas, Red and all the Mod's that do such an incredible job.  Then by expressing my appreciation for the dedication, the tenacity, the research abilities and intelligence, and the caring shown by so many of the members in general and towards Natalee and her family. 

For all those that have been slighted, insulted, lied about and have sustained grievous harm I am deeply sorry. 
Those that bring honestly and sincere concern for Natalee and her family know who you are.  Be proud.   I applaud you, all of you.

Janet, I'm glad that with the light of a new day and a good sleep, you are feeling a little less sad.

Back to reading...thank you.

God bless Natalee and her family.  Sweet Natalee that said, "cherish every face"
JUSTICE FOR NATALEE!!!   

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2009, 01:54:10 PM »

BT are you deliberately trying to push Art and Seamonkey's buttons by continuing to imply nothing happened?

Nope. Everybody has a different opinion of what happened, and I can't control what anyone else thinks happened. I can only control my own thinking, and I think I'm not going to fight about it.

I have to do training a lot for the staff here at work. If I tell a group of 30 people something, there will be 30 different versions of what I said when they get back to their desks. Everyone sees and hears things differently. C'est la vie.

I Stand With The Girl
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2009, 01:57:05 PM »

Just got done watching the slideshow for the second time.Wow.People disrespecting Red,Klaas,as well as SM and their still posting and viewing here as i type!

Yes, so maybe you can understand if at times I come accross as a little "snippy" with them. 

I'm just thankful that Klaas understands when i get a little uncivil in the cage and post to myself,all the while doing hundreds of cartwheels,jumping Jacks,as well as throwing nanner's all over the cage.Yes.Klaas always has the premoniton KTF is acting up and busts me when i least expect it.Then i proceed to put my Monkey-Tail between my legs and get back on Topic!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2009, 01:58:12 PM »

Nope. Everybody has a different opinion of what happened, and I can't control what anyone else thinks happened. I can only control my own thinking, and I think I'm not going to fight about it.

I have to do training a lot for the staff here at work. If I tell a group of 30 people something, there will be 30 different versions of what I said when they get back to their desks. Everyone sees and hears things differently. C'est la vie.

then my professional and personal advice is to document what you say to your employees in memo's so that you are communicating clearly. My advice regarding this argument is to stay out of it if you don't have a position regarding it. Your current stance is only making it worse.

I also fully realize my opinion holds no value to you or your friends, but I'm not charging you for it.

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2009, 01:59:26 PM »

You know, you gotta love people that come in , out of the blue,  and drop erroneous information and when it is rebutted, are told, "I am not getting in the fight".

WHAT FIGHT?

When some are told their information is wrong, that is a FIGHT?????

When a well loved poster is told by someone that they hope she finds herself homeless and begging on the street...tell me WHERE the Touchy feely compassion was for that person?
Instead, those of us that fought back were called attackers..and those, like you, BT, coddled the attacker of this poor woman.

Yes, I can see where some people see things differently.

I am glad you "read" and were "told" enough to know what went on.

Pffft
I am done with this nonsense

"Neurotics build castles in the sky, Psychotics live in them".
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2009, 01:59:27 PM »

Hi Can-

Well said, very well said.

Departing for work and more productive pursuits.....

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »

then my professional and personal advice is to document what you say to your employees in memo's so that you are communicating clearly. My advice regarding this argument is to stay out of it if you don't have a position regarding it. Your current stance is only making it worse.

I also fully realize my opinion holds no value to you or your friends, but I'm not charging you for it.

Thanks for the free advice, None. Actually, we have someone who takes minutes at the trainings so that everyone will get the same information in writing. Too bad people can't do that in every area of their life, isn't it?

Everyone's opinion holds value to me, and since yours does too, then I'll be gone from this discussion. I would request, however, that if I'm no longer going to be in the discussion, that people don't take my name in vain during it.

Bye bye.

I Stand With The Girl
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2009, 02:03:17 PM »

Hi Can-

Well said, very well said.

Departing for work and more productive pursuits.....

None,
Have a wonderful day!

Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2009, 02:04:55 PM »

and yet you talk like its facts...you go on hearsay, you go on what you FEEL happened, you sit there saying the stuff without knowing facts. I do see why the ones that are left there all deserve eachother...ya all have no thinking capabilities of your own.

How can you even have an opinion, and even voice it without KNOWING all that happened? You are use to people doing ya thinking for you? I am not talking from my opinion..I am talking from FACTS.

and Fight? whos "fighting"? you keep spouting off you have no clue about yet feel you do...since you dont know, then just shut up about it. If you can show any fact at all to back up this so called opinion of yours fine and I do NOT mean other peoples words or thier opinions, if not then what the heck you even wastin ya time on it for??
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2009, 02:05:24 PM »

OK.Here's the visual.After two cups of Green Tea Janet is feeling extremely Hinky and takes None up on the offer!Janet proceeds to get up out of the computer chair,strides to the door and open sit ajar with green tea in hand.Throws the Snowball and knocks over the birdfeeder!

I am a reeeealy bad thrower.  In school ... when team leaders took turns picking the players ... I was alway last.

Keepthefaith and none ... Murphy's law implies I would destroy something valuable or ... somebody would get hurt ... if I were to throw a snowball.  However ... a 30 minute  power walk around the neighbourhood with my 15 year old Golden Retriever named Brandi will do wonders in so many ways.  This gentle canine listens to my every word as I ramble ... as I spew.

Later, Janet
11:05 AM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #257 on: February 03, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »

I am a reeeealy bad thrower.  In school ... when team leaders took turns picking the players ... I was alway last.

Keepthefaith and none ... Murphy's law implies I would destroy something valuable or ... somebody would get hurt ... if I were to throw a snowball.  However ... a 30 minute  power walk around the neighbourhood with my 15 year old Golden Retriever named Brandi will do wonders in so many ways.  This gentle canine listens to my every word as I ramble ... as I spew.

Later, Janet
11:05 AM PT

But you gotta clean up the Dog Poo!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »

I've had this stuff on my mind all night and all morning. I've been oblivious to a lot of the details as they were happening, and seeing Klass's slideshow last night was a real shocker for me. I've digested some of it now.

Here's what I find so hard: If someone wanted to start another forum, fine. If posters want to belong to more than one, or even leave SM for a site that suits them better, then no problem. I know that friendships have been formed here, and it's rare that a poster wouldn't be missed, but certainly no ill will would be brought to a poster that leaves for his own reasons. Look at Robots; he is ever so fondly remembered and missed and any prospect that he would begin posting again is always met with excitement.

If there were disagreements over the facts or theory of a case, and those differing opinions were distinct enough to cause some to want to further their line of thinking elsewhere, among like minded people, then I believe there was provision within this forum to accommodate it. The Shango thread comes to my mind as evidence of that. However, even if a forum was created to persue that line of thinking, why trash the site and people you are leaving?

It is undeniable that SM has been the birthplace for the alliances that were transferred, and also undeniable that a great debt is owed to Red for that opportunity. It is also undeniable that without Klaas, SM would not have succeeded. Acknowledgement of that isn't opinion, it's simple truth.

It is also truth that many of the hurtful things I saw in those posts were from posters I know I felt genuine affection for, and so did many others. Lala's was always someone I could count on for good information and a wonderfully sharp sense of humor.  I won't pull out other individuals, but suffice it to say, that all were, at one time, held in high regard and part of a family formed around a good common cause.

I can only think of one reason that this new forum requires the secrecy, and "oath of SM hatred" that has so obviously been a cornerstone to its' foundation. There's lies and guilt in the mix, and just like Aruba, that sort of thing cannot exist in the light of day and openness.

I'm really saddened by it all. I've been a moderator here for a long time. I've never tracked a poster's whereabouts anywhere on this forum for the purpose of spying or questioning their loyalty. I've never ever seen a poster banned except for something really inappropriate. The O/T emphasis does fluctuate, but in general, the posters themselves play a part in determining where on the scale that emphasis is implemented. My own observance is that there is more tolerance during slow news times, and the moderators are responsive to direction on that.

I feel the loss of long time posters, and I'd like to leave it there. The viciousness in the posts I have read tell me that those who have left have regrets. It's glaringly obvious that the respect and caring afforded posters here, is not available where they are. I would also imagine that a handful of "special members" talking to each other day in and day out on any given topic is pretty boring as well. From the tenor of the posts, I expect that after the distribution of the code rings and spy glasses, the party will peter out.

BUT, since SM continues to be a place of lively discussion, I suppose they can always borrow our conversations second hand.............

CBB, you are a gift to all of us.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2009, 02:10:46 PM »

Janet,

Yes, our Canine Companions are wonderful. I would be lost without my little one. She actually appears to know what I am thinking.
Well, she is a good listener, anyway 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.