March 28, 2024, 07:17:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #799 2/5/09 - 2/11/09  (Read 213412 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: February 06, 2009, 04:09:01 PM »

The above words of John Silvetti reeks deception.  His words downplay the significance of the trap/cage and ... implies the search for Natalee Holloway's remains is still on going and ... funds are required.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: February 06, 2009, 04:11:40 PM »

Boats owned by Superior Offshore:

Superior Endeavour Vanuatu Own 2004 (2) 10/2004 265 8,600 61 Yes(3) 50
Gulmar Falcon Panama Charter(4) 2006 04/2006 220 9,235 73 Yes(3) 30
Gulmar Condor Marshall Charter(5) 2006 07/2007 341 10,764 128 Yes(3) 120/70
Islands
Adams Surveyor Bahrain Charter(6) 2007 03/2007 228 5,084 54 No(7) 45
Toisa Puma Liberia Charter( 2007 - 253 4,672 60 Yes(3) 25
Seamec III India Charter(9) 2007 07/2007 304 5,124 90 Yes(3) 50/10
Four-Point Vessels:
Gulf Diver III U.S. Own 2003 09/2003 165 1,034 36 No 10
Gulf Diver IV (10) U.S. Own 2005 - 168 2,880 43 No 15
Gulf Diver V U.S. Own 2005 03/2006 180 3,330 23 No 15
Gulf Diver VI U.S. Own 2006 09/2006 166 2,890 38 No 15
----------

Boats in Trinidad as of November 2007:

Gulmar Condor, Seamec III, and the Crossmar 14
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: February 06, 2009, 04:13:45 PM »

The above words of John Silvetti reeks deception.  His words downplay the significance of the trap/cage and ... implies the search for Natalee Holloway's remains is still on going and ... funds are required.

Janet

Not only deception Janet, it's called FRAUD.

Even IF that couldn't have been proven at the time - how about now?

Now that no further "search" has transpired - meantime................what happened to all the donations for this specific search that were made after March 1, 2008?
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #283 on: February 06, 2009, 04:16:10 PM »

Janet

Now that no further "search" has transpired - meantime................what happened to all the donations for this specific search that were made after March 1, 2008?

You are too kind Janet!What they have done is so ethically,as well as morally reprehensible.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: February 06, 2009, 04:22:37 PM »

Janet

I can only hope that all of this "fraud" falls under the jurisdiction of the United States.  I pray that there is an investigation going on behind the scenes by the FBI in regards to the happenings encompassing the deception of the Persistence undertaking ... an investigation that we are not aware of.

The questioning by the FBI of Kyle Kingsman, Tim Trahan, John Silvetti and Louis Schaefer would go a long ways on the road to revealing the truth.

jen ... I do believe a "Monkey" document with all the research that you and other Monkeys have been doing in regards to this topic is where it is at just in case the "powers that be" in the US have not been clued in.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: February 06, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »

Aruba is ordering the closure of the Dutch liason office.

this office is used by the Dutch secret service and navy to keep an eye on Venezuela.

but Aruba suspect it's also used for espionage on Aruba itself.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_52435.php

more fall-out from the 'espionage-row' between Aruba and The Netherlands:

several Dutch members of parliament are asking the state secretary and the justice minister question.

state secretary Bijleveld will answer these questions on Monday and she already started an investigation into the leaking of the internal report.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/printer_52436.php

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: February 06, 2009, 04:28:16 PM »

Janet

You are too kind Janet!What they have done is so ethically,as well as morally reprehensible.

Those who do not do right because it is right are often motivated to do right out of fear for the legal/personal consequences.

My eldest son claims today at 37 years of age that ... why back when he was teenage ... the boundaries of expections were only adhered to because the consequences established by his "controlling" parents were not worth the risk.

Janet

_____

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: February 06, 2009, 04:32:29 PM »

Interesting timing.

http://www.smallcapinvestor.com/smallcapnews/movers/2007-11-16-superior_offshore_international_narrows_q3_profit_sinks_to_52week_low

Superior Offshore International narrows Q3 profit, sinks to 52-week low

Alex Alexandrov | Nov 16, 2007 12:36pm EST |

Shares of Superior Offshore International, Inc. (Nasdaq: DEEP) have submerged to a new 52-week low on news after the close on Thursday that provider of subsea construction and commercial diving services narrowed its third-quarter profit.

Net income for the three months ended Sept. 30 was $3.6 million, or $0.14 per share, compared with a net income of $13.7 million, or $0.92 per share, a year earlier. Six analysts polled by Thomson Financial were expecting earnings of $0.30 per share.

The Houston-based company reported that revenues increased 17.2% to $75.5 million, beating Wall Street’s projections of $61.02 million. Revenues in the third quarter of 2006 were $64.4 million.

“During the third quarter of 2007, we realized improved vessel utilization as compared with the first half of the year,” said president and CEO James Mermis in a statement. “All of our dynamically positioned vessels are currently under hire, except for [one], which is in dry dock until early December 2007.”

However, Superior Offshore had to temporarily dry-dock two vessels during the third-quarter, a move which negatively affected its earnings. The company also attributed the profit decline to softening demand for call-out diving services.

Three of Superior Offshore’s vessels are currently involved with British Petroleum’s gas procession platform off the coast of the Caribbean country Trinidad & Tobago. Work on the project is expected to wrap up by the end of 2007.

The third-quarter also saw the company purchase Ocean Flow International, LLC, a subsea engineering and project management firm, for about $15 million. The stock-for-stock transaction is expected to close by the end of November, Superior Offshore said.

At 12:31 p.m. ET, shares of Superior Offshore International (DEEP) had sunk $1.44, or 17%, to $7.16. The previous 52-week low of $8.10 was established on Nov. 15, while the 52-week high of $19.58 was set on May 4.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #288 on: February 06, 2009, 04:33:17 PM »

Janet

Those who do not do right because it is right are often motivated to do right out of fear for the legal/personal consequences.

My eldest son claims today at 37 years of age that ... why back when he was teenage ... the boundaries of expections were only adhered to because the consequences established by his "controlling" parents were not worth the risk.

Janet

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: February 06, 2009, 04:33:24 PM »

I hope many of our "prodical" Monkeys are ready this thread and ... thinking carefully.

Janet

_____

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: February 06, 2009, 04:35:19 PM »

This part was free.

http://www.techagreements.com/agreement-preview.aspx?num=334579&title=Superior%20Offshore%20International%20-%20Form%20of%20Employment%20Agreement%20-%20Louis%20E.%20Schaefer,%20JR.

Form of Employment Agreement - Louis E. Schaefer, JR.
Parties: Superior Offshore International
Sectors: Energy
Governing Law:  Texas

Exhibit 10.1 EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT THIS EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT (" Agreement" ) is made by and between Superior Offshore International, Inc., a Delaware corporation (" Company" ), and Louis E. Schaefer, Jr. (" Executive" ). W I T N E S S E T H: WHEREAS, Executive is currently employed by the Company; and WHEREAS, Company is desirous of employing Executive in an executive capacity on the terms and conditions, and for the consideration, hereinafter set forth and Executive is desirous of being so employed by Company on such terms and conditions and for such consideration; WHEREAS, Company and Executive expect to enter into a Restricted Stock Agreement (the " Restricted Stock Agreement" ) pursuant to the Superior Offshore International, Inc. 2007 Stock Incentive Plan prior to the consummation of an underwritten public offering of the Company' s common stock (the " Initial Public Offering" ); NOW, THEREFORE, for and in consideration of the mutual promises, covenants and obligations contained herein, Company and Executive agree as follows: ARTICLE 1: EMPLOYMENT AND DUTIES 1.1 Employment; Effective Date. Effective as of April 1, 2007 (the " Effective Date" ), and continuing for the period of time set forth in Article 2 of this Agreement, Company agrees to employ Executive and Executive agrees to be employed by Company, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. 1.2 Positions. From and after the Effective Date, Company shall employ Executive in the position of Chairman of the Board of Directors of Company, or in such other positions as the parties mutually may agree. 1.3 Duties and Services. Executive agrees to serve in the position referred to in paragraph 1.2 and to perform diligently and to the best of his abilities the duties and services appertaining to such offices, as well as such additional duties and services appropriate to such offices which the parties mutually may agree upon from time to time. Executive' s employment shall also be subject to the policies maintained and established by Company that are of general applicability to Company' s executive employees, as such policies may be amended from time to time. 1.4 Other Interests. Executive agrees, during the period of his employment by Company, to devote his primary business time, energy and best efforts to the business and affairs of Company and its affiliates. The parties recognize and agree that Executive may engage in other business activities that do not conflict with the business and affairs of Company or interfere with Executive' s performance of his duties hereunder. 1.5 Duty of Loyalty. Executive acknowledges and agrees that Executive owes a fiduciary duty of loyalty to act at all times in the best interests of Company. In keeping with such duty, Executive shall make full disclosure to Company of all business opportunities pertaining to Company' s business and shall not appropriate for Executive' s own benefit business opportunities concerning Company' s business. 1.6 Place of Employment. Executive' s performance of services under this Agreement shall be rendered in Houston, Texas, subject to necessary travel requirements of Executive' s position and duties hereunder. Executive understands and agrees that he may be required to periodically travel to, among other locations, the Company' s current headquarter office in Lafayette, Louisiana. Executive shall not be required to relocate to a location that is more than 50 miles from Houston, Texas without Executive' s consent to such relocation. ARTICLE 2: TERM AND TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT 2.1 Term. Unless sooner terminated pursuant to other provisions hereof, Company agrees to employ Executive for the period beginning on the Effective Date and ending on April 30, 2009 (the " Initial Expiration Date" ); provided, however, that beginning on the Initial Expiration Date, and on each anniversary of the Initial Expiration Date thereafter, if this Agreement has not been terminated pursuant to paragraph 2.2 or 2.3, then said term of employment shall automatically be extended for an additional one-year period unless on or before the date that is 90 days prior to the first day of any such extension period either party shall give written notice to the other that no such automatic extension shall occur. 2.2 Company' s Right to Terminate. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 2.1, Company shall have the right to terminate Executive' s employment under this Agreement at any time for any of the following reasons: (i) upon Executive' s death; (ii) upon Executive' s becoming incapacitated by accident, sickness or other circumstance which, in the opinion of a physician selected by Company, renders him mentally or physically incapable of performing the duties and services required of him hereunder (" Disability" ); (iii) for cause, which for purposes of this Agreement shall mean Executive (A) has willfully breached any of his duties and obligations hereunder resulting in materially adverse consequences to Company or any of its affiliates, (B) has misappropriated funds or property of Company or any of its affiliates, or (C) has engaged in conduct that is materially adverse to the interests of Company or any of its affiliates (each referred to hereinafter as " Cause" ); or (iv) for any other reason whatsoever, in the sole discretion of the Board of Directors of Company (the " Board of Directors" ).

-2-

2.3 Executive' s Right to Terminate. Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 2.1, Executive shall have the right to terminate his employment under this Agreement for any of the following reasons: (i) within 60 days of and in connection with or based upon (A) a material breach by Company of any material provision of this Agreement, (B) a material reduction in title of the Executive set forth in paragraph 1.2 without Executive' s consent to such reduction or (C) any requirement that Executive relocate in violation of paragraph 1.6 (each referred to hereinafter as " Good Reason" ); provided, however, that, prior to Executive' s termination of employment under this paragraph 2.3(i), Executive must give written notice to Company of any such breach, reduction or requirement and such breach, reduction or requirement must remain uncorrected for 20 days following such written notice; (ii) at any time after there is a Change in Control (as such term is defined in paragraph 6.1); or (iii) at any time for any other reason whatsoever, in the sole discretion of Executive. 2.4 Notice of Termination. If Company or Executive desires to terminate Executive' s employment hereunder at any time prior to expiration of the term of employment as provided in paragraph 2.1, it or he shall do so by giving written notice to the other party that it or he has elected to terminate Executive' s employment hereunder and stating the effective date and reason for such termination, provided that no such action shall alter or amend any other provisions hereof or rights arising hereunder. ARTICLE 3: COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS 3.1 Base Salary. During the period of this Agreement, Executive shall receive a minimum annual base salary of $550,000. Executive' s annual base salary shall be reviewed by the Board of Directors (or a committee thereof) on an annual basis, and, in the sole discretion of the Board of Directors (or such committee), such annual base salary may be increased, but not decreased, effective as of January 1 of each year. Executive' s annual base salary shall be paid in equal installments in accordance with the Company' s standard policy regarding payment of compensation to executives but no less frequently than monthly. 3.2 Incentive Compensation. Executive shall be eligible to receive incentive compensation in such amounts and on such terms as shall be determined in the sole discretion of the Board of Directors (or a committee thereof). 3.3 Other Perquisites. During his employment hereunder, Executive shall be afforded the following benefits as incidences of his employment: (i) Business and Entertainment Expenses - Subject to Company' s standard policies and procedures with respect to expense reimbursement as applied to its executive employees generally, Company shall reimburse Executive for, or pay on behalf of Executive, reasonable and appropriate expenses incurred by Executive for business

-3-

related purposes, including dues and fees to industry and professional organizations and costs of entertainment and business development. (ii) Car Allowance - Company shall provide to Executive an automobile or automobile allowance as approved by the Chief Executive Officer or the Board of Directors (or a committee thereof). Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, any such reimbursement shall be made no later than March 15 of the calendar year following the calendar year in which such reimbursable expenses were incurred. (iii) Life Insurance - Company shall provide and pay the premiums for a term life insurance, convertible, and renewable, on the life of Executive at a face amount not less than twice the amount of Executive' s annual base salary. Executive shall have the right to designate the beneficiary or beneficiaries of such term life insurance policy. Company shall provide Executive with additional cash compensation at the end of each calendar year to fully offset taxes attributable to Executive as a result of payment of the life insurance premiums by the Company. (iv) Tax and Estate Planning Advice - Company shall pay for or reimburse the costs of tax and estate planning advice for Executive, including the costs of preparing estate planning and wealth preservation documents for Executive and his spouse, up to a maximum of $25,000 in any calendar year. Company shall provide Executive with additional cash compensation at the end of each calendar year to fully offset taxes attributable to Executive as a result of payment of such tax and estate planning advice by the Company. Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, any such reimbursement shall be made no later than March 15 of the calendar year following the calendar year in which such reimbursable expenses were incurred. (v) Other Company Benefits - Executive and, to the extent applicable, Executive' s spouse, dependents and beneficiaries, shall be allowed to participate in all benefits, plans and programs, including improvements or modifications of the same, which are now, or may hereafter be, available to other executive employees of Company. Such benefits, plans and programs shall include, without limitation, any profit sharing plan, thrift plan, health insurance or health care plan, life insurance, disability insurance, pension plan, supplemental retirement plan, vacation and sick leave plan, and the like which may be maintained by Company. Company shall not, however, by reason of this paragraph be obligated to institute, maintain, or refrain from changing, amending, or discontinuing, any such benefit plan or program, so long as such changes are similarly applicable to executive employees generally. ARTICLE 4: PROTECTION OF INFORMATION 4.1 Disclosure to Executive. Company shall disclose to Executive, or place Executive in a position to have access to or develop, trade secrets or confidential information of Company or its affiliates; and/or shall entrust Executive with business opportunities of Company or its affiliates; and/or shall place Executive in a position to develop business good will on behalf of Company or its affiliates.

-4-

4.2 Property of Company. All documents, drawings, memoranda, notes, records, files, correspondence, manuals, models, specifications, computer programs, e-mail, voice mail, electronic databases, maps, and all other writings or materials of any type embodying any information relating to Company or its business are and shall be the sole and exclusive property of Company. Upon termination of Executive' s employment by Company, for any reason, Executive promptly shall deliver the same, and all copies thereof, to Company; provided, however, that Executive may retain any Company supplied cellular telephones in his possession at the time of such termination but Company shall be entitled to immediately discontinue the cellular service for such telephones upon such termination of employment. 4.3 No Unauthorized Use or Disclosure. Executive will not, at any time during or after Executive' s employment by Company, make any unauthorized disclosure of any confidential business information or trade secrets of Company or its affiliates, or make any use thereof, except in the carrying out of Executive' s employment responsibilities hereunder. Affiliates of the Company shall be third party beneficiaries of Executive' s obligations under this paragraph. As a result of Executive' s employment by Company, Executive may also from time to time have access to, or knowledge of, confidential business information or trade secrets of third parties, such as customers, suppliers, partners, joint venturers, and the like, of Company and its affiliates. Executive also agrees to preserve and protect the confidentiality of such third party confidential information and trade secrets to the same extent, and on the same basis, as Company' s confidential business information and trade secrets. 4.4 Remedies. Executive acknowledges that money damages would not be sufficient remedy for any breach of this Article by Executive, and Company shall be entitled to specific performance and injunctive relief as remedies for such breach or any threatened breach. Such remedies shall not be deemed the exclusive remedies for a breach of this Article, but shall be in addition to all remedies available at law or in equity to Company, including the recovery of damages from Executive. ARTICLE 5: NONCOMPETITION OBLIGATIONS 5.1 In General. As part of the consideration for the compensation and benefits to be paid to Executive hereunder; to protect the trade secrets and confidential information of Company and its affiliates that have been and will in the future be disclosed or entrusted to Executive, the business good will of Company and its affiliates that has been and will in the future be developed in Executive, or the business opportunities that have been and will in the future be disclosed or entrusted to Executive by Company and its affiliates; and as an additional incentive for Company to enter into this Agreement, Company and Executive agree to the noncompetition obligations hereunder. Executive shall not, directly or indirectly for Executive or for others, in the State of Texas and in all parishes of the State of Louisiana and in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico: (i) engage in any business competitive with the business conducted by Company during the term of employment of Executive in such states; or (ii) render advice or services to, be employed by, acquire an ownership interest in, or otherwise assist, any other person, association, or entity who is engaged, directly or

-5-

indirectly, in any business competitive with the business conducted by Company during the term of employment of Executive in such states with respect to such competitive business, except that Executive may hold up to 2% of the outstanding shares of any publicly held company engaged in such competitive activities.The noncompetition obligations set forth above shall apply only during the period that Executive is employed by Company and for one year thereafter. 5.2 Enforcement and Remedies. Executive acknowledges that money damages would not be sufficient remedy for any breach of this Article by Executive, and Company shall be entitled to specific performance and injunctive relief as remedies for such breach or any threatened breach. Such remedies shall not be deemed the exclusive remedies for a breach of this Article, but shall be in addition to all remedies available at law or in equity to Company, including, without limitation, the recovery of damages from Executive. 5.3 Reformation. It is expressly understood and agreed that Company and Executive conside ...

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: February 06, 2009, 04:36:32 PM »

I hope many of our "prodical" Monkeys are ready this thread and ... thinking carefully.

Janet

They must remember.These are not Kermit's words!Kermit is providing the proof,as well as evidence.They can't dispute it.Period.......

MOHANDAS GANDHI
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: February 06, 2009, 04:39:41 PM »

Sorry for reposting. I hilited the wrong area

jen

Interesting timing.

http://www.smallcapinvestor.com/smallcapnews/movers/2007-11-16-superior_offshore_international_narrows_q3_profit_sinks_to_52week_low

Superior Offshore International narrows Q3 profit, sinks to 52-week low

Alex Alexandrov | Nov 16, 2007 12:36pm EST |

Shares of Superior Offshore International, Inc. (Nasdaq: DEEP) have submerged to a new 52-week low on news after the close on Thursday that provider of subsea construction and commercial diving services narrowed its third-quarter profit.

Net income for the three months ended Sept. 30 was $3.6 million, or $0.14 per share, compared with a net income of $13.7 million, or $0.92 per share, a year earlier. Six analysts polled by Thomson Financial were expecting earnings of $0.30 per share.

The Houston-based company reported that revenues increased 17.2% to $75.5 million, beating Wall Street’s projections of $61.02 million. Revenues in the third quarter of 2006 were $64.4 million.

“During the third quarter of 2007, we realized improved vessel utilization as compared with the first half of the year,” said president and CEO James Mermis in a statement. “All of our dynamically positioned vessels are currently under hire, except for [one], which is in dry dock until early December 2007.”

However, Superior Offshore had to temporarily dry-dock two vessels during the third-quarter, a move which negatively affected its earnings. The company also attributed the profit decline to softening demand for call-out diving services

Three of Superior Offshore’s vessels are currently involved with British Petroleum’s gas procession platform off the coast of the Caribbean country Trinidad & Tobago. Work on the project is expected to wrap up by the end of 2007.

The third-quarter also saw the company purchase Ocean Flow International, LLC, a subsea engineering and project management firm, for about $15 million. The stock-for-stock transaction is expected to close by the end of November, Superior Offshore said.

At 12:31 p.m. ET, shares of Superior Offshore International (DEEP) had sunk $1.44, or 17%, to $7.16. The previous 52-week low of $8.10 was established on Nov. 15, while the 52-week high of $19.58 was set on May 4.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #293 on: February 06, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »

http://www.techagreements.com/agreement-preview.aspx?num=334579&title=Superior%20Offshore%20International%20-%20Form%20of%20Employment%20Agreement%20-%20Louis%20E.%20Schaefer,%20JR.

"Executive understands and agrees that he may be required to periodically travel to, among other locations, the Company' s current headquarter office in Lafayette, Louisiana."

Tell me Schaeffer and Silvetti haven't done business before.....

MOHANDAS GANDHI
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: February 06, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »

surprise... (not)

Hans Mos is leaving Aruba this summer

highest boss at the Dutch OM Hans Brouwer, offered him two positions in The Netherlands.
it is certain the Mos will accept one postition.

http://www.depers.nl/binnenland/283362/Hoofdofficier-Mos-weg-bij-OM-Aruba.html

so then another chief public prosecutor will come to Aruba.
and the whole dog and pony show can start all over again... 

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: February 06, 2009, 04:49:13 PM »

A Heckuva Job 

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #296 on: February 06, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS97613+28-Jan-2008+PRN20080128

Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:00am EST   
Superior Offshore International Announces Appointment of E. Donald Terry as
Interim President and Chief Executive Officer

HOUSTON, Jan. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Superior Offshore
International, Inc. (Nasdaq: DEEP) today announced that its Board of Directors
has unanimously approved the appointment of E. Donald Terry, currently an
independent director of Superior Offshore, as the Company's Interim President
and Chief Executive Officer until a successor is named, effective immediately.
Mr. Terry's appointment followed James J. Mermis' resignation as President,
Chief Executive Officer and a director of the Company.  Mr. Mermis plans to
join Kaplan Industry as its President of Technical Operations.

James L. Persky, Superior Offshore's independent Chairman of the Board,
said, "Don Terry is the natural choice to lead Superior Offshore during this
interim period.  Don comes to Superior Offshore with a wealth of operational
and leadership expertise earned during his 45 years in the subsea construction
and commercial diving industry.  His extensive experience in our industry
gives him immediate insight into the business and operations of Superior
Offshore and the needs and expectations of our customers.  He has a solid
track record of helping companies successfully take advantage of new
opportunities while addressing current challenges."

Louis E. Schaefer, Jr., Superior Offshore's founder and largest
shareholder, said, "I am extremely pleased that Don Terry has agreed to lead
Superior Offshore.  Don has successfully founded, grown and managed a number
of subsea construction and commercial diving companies and, as a current
independent director, he is already familiar with the Company and its
customers and dedicated employees.  I am confident that Don will provide
Superior Offshore with leadership and stability and I fully support his
appointment as interim CEO."

Mr. Terry said, "I am honored that the Board has selected me to lead
Superior Offshore on an interim basis, and I am excited about Superior
Offshore's significant strengths and dedicated employees.  Working with the
Superior Offshore team, I am fully committed to continuing the Company's focus
on operational excellence and superior customer service and I will work to
grow the Company and deliver value to our shareholders."

About E. Donald Terry
Mr. Terry has over 45 years of experience in the subsea construction and
commercial diving industry.  Mr. Terry has been an independent director of
Superior Offshore since April 2007.   During 2003, Mr. Terry was a consultant
for Horizon Offshore, Inc., a provider of marine construction services. From
1998 to 2000, Mr. Terry was Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board
of Terry Offshore, Inc., an offshore energy services company. From 1995 to
1998, Mr. Terry was Worldwide General Manager of McDermott Underwater
Services, a marine underwater engineering and construction company. From 1992
to 1995, Mr. Terry was Vice President of Offshore Pipelines, Inc., a marine
engineering and construction company. From 1988 to 1992, Mr. Terry was
President and Chief Operating Officer and a director of Offshore Petroleum
Divers, Inc., an offshore commercial diving company, which he co-founded in
1988. From 1979 to 1988, Mr. Terry served in a number of capacities with Cal
Dive International Inc., an offshore commercial diving company, including as
President and Chief Operating Officer from 1985 to 1988, Vice President --
Americas from 1981 to 1985, and a director from 1979 to 1988.

About Superior Offshore International, Inc.
Superior Offshore is a leading provider of subsea construction and
commercial diving services to the offshore oil and gas industry, serving
operators internationally and domestically in the outer continental shelf of
the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. Construction services include installation, upgrading
and decommissioning of pipelines and production infrastructure. Commercial
diving services include inspection, maintenance and repair services and
support services for subsea construction and salvage operations. The company
also operates a construction/fabrication division. Superior Offshore operates
a fleet of nine service vessels and provides remotely operated vehicles (ROVs)
and saturation diving systems for deepwater and harsh environment operations.

Forward-Looking Statement   
Certain statements contained in this news release are forward-looking
statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are, or
may be deemed to be, forward-looking statements.  Forward-looking statements
by their nature involve substantial risks and uncertainties that could
significantly affect expected results, and actual future results could differ
materially from those described in such statements. Although it is not
possible to identify all factors, we continue to face many risks and
uncertainties. Some of the factors that could cause actual future results to
differ materially are described under the caption "Risk Factors" in our
Prospectus, dated April 19, 2007 and filed with the Securities and Exchange
Commission ("SEC") on April 20, 2007, and our other filings with the SEC,
which may be obtained by visiting the Investor Relations section of our
website under "Financial Information" at http://www.superioroffshore.com or
from the SEC's website at http://www.sec.gov.

Contacts:
    Superior Offshore International
    Roger Burks, Executive VP & CFO
    roger.burks@superioroffshore.com
    713-910-1875

DRG&E
    Ken Dennard
    ksdennard@drg-e.com
    713-529-6600

SOURCE  Superior Offshore International, Inc.

Roger Burks, Executive VP & CFO of Superior Offshore International,
+1-713-910-1875, roger.burks@superioroffshore.com; or Ken Dennard of DRG&E,
+1-713-529-6600, ksdennard@drg-e.com

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #297 on: February 06, 2009, 05:01:32 PM »

"Executive understands and agrees that he may be required to periodically travel to, among other locations, the Company' s current headquarter office in Lafayette, Louisiana."

Tell me Schaeffer and Silvetti haven't done business before.....

That's precisely what we need to find, IMO.

That's why I posted the names of the boats Superior owned.............just maybe looking at ownership history might get us somewhere?
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: February 06, 2009, 05:03:47 PM »

Janet - I'm not ignoring your suggestion, I promise.

I just think there is still info to ferret out first. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: February 06, 2009, 05:18:12 PM »

Janet - I'm not ignoring your suggestion, I promise.

I just think there is still info to ferret out first

Your expertise my friend!   Then when you consider the input of all these Monkey's who have been been researching this topic ... it would be a as Nancy Grace would say ... A BOMSHELL!!!

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.