March 28, 2024, 08:50:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #799 2/5/09 - 2/11/09  (Read 213414 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #700 on: February 09, 2009, 01:42:16 PM »

Oldie,

I think you've said it.  My finance background is not too different than yours. 

Jen,

Underwater Expeditions isn't public, so islandmonkey may not be able to answer your question......

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #701 on: February 09, 2009, 01:44:50 PM »

Thank you for the informative discussion today everyone, it was a welcomed change.

I'm off to catch some flies.

Enjoy your "dinner". I always look forward to reading on the NH thread, and enjoy your insight and thoroughness

Islandmonkey, have you got anything on CalDive out of Louisiana?
You have been a great help today.

MAGNOLIA~I JUST GOT OFF THE BLOOMBERG AND CALDIVE ACQUIRED SUPERIOR OFFSHORE INTERNATIONAL THRU A DIVESTITURE ON 6/30/08 FOR 12MM   Attached it the bloomberg page for Cal Dive and their Corporate Action Calendar. so at least we know where superior offshore landed...

VERY interesting timing there!!

Thanks islandmonkey for finding that.

On July 7th, Kyle told us Tim Trahan had been fired, and Underwater Expeditions was being dissolved.

From what we can tell, UE is still operational, under the guidance of Tim Trahan.

Is there any way you can find out the status of Underwater Expeditions for us?

Not unless it's a publicly traded company~that's the only way I found this. The bloomberg is the end all be all for researching public companies.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #702 on: February 09, 2009, 01:45:27 PM »

Oldie,

I think you've said it.  My finance background is not too different than yours. 

Jen,

Underwater Expeditions isn't public, so islandmonkey may not be able to answer your question......

Crap!!  Thanks 2NJ!

It was after that post of Kyle's that he went AWOL from our forum for over 2 months.  We've been trying to figure out exactly what was going on at that time to cause him to veer off the path he brought us in on.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: February 09, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »

Source: Superior Offshore International, Inc. 
Superior Offshore International Executive Management Terminates 10b5-1 Stock Plans
HOUSTON, Nov. 16, 2007 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Superior Offshore International, Inc. (Nasdaq:DEEP) announced today that James J. Mermis, its President and Chief Executive Officer, and Roger D. Burks, its Executive Vice President, Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, have terminated their Rule 10b5-1 trading plans, which had been initiated in part to pay federal income taxes on vested restricted stock grants. The Company's former General Counsel, R. Joshua Koch, Jr., has also terminated his Rule 10b5-1 trading plan.

James J. Mermis stated, "Roger Burks and I do not plan to make any additional sales this year and have terminated our 10b5-1 trading plans. We both believe Superior Offshore common stock is undervalued at current levels based on peer trading multiples and our financial guidance for the remainder of 2007 and 2008."
Mr. Mermis continues to own approximately 669,000 shares of Superior Offshore common stock and Mr. Burks continues to own approximately 223,000 shares.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #704 on: February 09, 2009, 02:00:46 PM »

From what I can tell - Superior Offshore didn't sell out to CalDive - but merely sold a diving system to them (and possibly other assets.........interesting that they only listed 50m in assets at the time of the bankruptcy).

Superior Diving is another company of Shaefer's, I believe there was some consolidating done at a prior time - but it looks to now be a name that is being used more frequently since the bankruptcy of Superior Offshore.

That's not what I'm seeing~look back to the first attachment I posted. It shows  Target:
Industry:
County:

Seller:
Industry:
Counrty:

It's SIC code is OIL.NG SVS and if you scroll over past status it shows 100% sought .....and they actually showed less than 50mm in assets, So, unless there was another divestiture and I couldn;t find one except this one for Superior Offshore International, this would be the whole enchilada.

The only other actions are the class action lawsuit, bankruptcy filing, change in NASDAQ listing (being delisted), NASDAQ ticker symbol change and ONE divestiture. Sorry, if that sounds confusing

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: February 09, 2009, 02:01:36 PM »

Klaas ... Monkeys

Would somebody please provide me a source/link that relates to the latest happenings in the Kalpoes' defamation lawsuit against Phil McGraw.

Thanks

Janet

Speaking of the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case:

Future Hearings
03/26/2009 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Compel (Further Interrogatory Responsesand Production of Documents (4);2) Second Motion to Dismiss andRequest for Terminating Sanctions3) Case Management Conference)

Most recent doc filed:

Thanks San.  Thanks Klaas.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #706 on: February 09, 2009, 02:05:49 PM »

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/rivieramaya/leisure/sports/

·· Situated on the Caribbean we are ideally located to arrange numerous exciting watersports from diving over the miraculously colorful reef to the thrills of kitesurfing. The jungle affords its own excitements, such as cenote dives or a high speed trip through the tropical canopy on a zip wire. Below are further sporting details.

All water activities are organized by our friends at Underwater Expeditions, right on the beach, who offer expert guidance in choosing the best activity for you. For more information you can also email them direct on uwemarina@gmail.com.

(snipped)

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #707 on: February 09, 2009, 02:08:26 PM »

The Aroil Trading Partners Website states they cannot reveal who their clients are because they must respect their clients need for confidentiality. That sounds good and I suppose that is a good way to conduct business but it would also provide cover for a dishonest company or individual to claim to be an international powerhouse in their specific field when, in fact, they could be sitting around their office twiddling their thumbs. This would allow them to continue to rake in money from new clients (whose interests they may or may not be able to serve) and it would also provide cover if they were involved in business dealings they didn't want their own government or the United States government or any other government to know anything about.

For an example of one such "hidden" endeavor, see this article:  Oil Trading's Powerful "Dark Markets".  Oil speculators, those who trade in oil futures, have had a negative impact on Wall Street and the American economy. Oil speculators would probably love to get a nicely gridded map of the ocean bottom and the possibilities for oil exploration. Hmmm...

IF the Croes brothers are making a tidy sum by supplying needed intel to oil speculators, that might be one way to keep solvent... and rich. Anything that would stand in the way of that would be an inconvenience to be disposed of and hopefully not in a way that causes international scandal. Oh well. Sometimes, it is what it is.

This is just me doing a stream-of-consciousness thing. Sometimes, it leads somewhere relevant. Sometimes not.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: February 09, 2009, 02:09:17 PM »

·· Situated on the Caribbean we are ideally located to arrange numerous exciting watersports from diving over the miraculously colorful reef to the thrills of kitesurfing. The jungle affords its own excitements, such as cenote dives or a high speed trip through the tropical canopy on a zip wire. Below are further sporting details.

All water activities are organized by our friends at Underwater Expeditions, right on the beach, who offer expert guidance in choosing the best activity for you. For more information you can also email them direct on uwemarina@gmail.com.

(snipped)

Thanks 2NJ.

I hadn't seen that before.  But just like the others I have seen, it looks like UE is still operational.  Shaefer also had involvement in that company - I may be wrong, but I believe he and Trahan were partners in it.

What leads me to believe this, is Kyle spoke of Trahan as Shaefer's representative.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #709 on: February 09, 2009, 02:37:23 PM »

Hans Mos denies that he is fired

he was offered a job on Monday last week.
and on Tuesday news of the leaked internal VNO-report came out.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_52513.php

but the VNO-report was of January 16th. this report was emailed to the the wrong recipient.
this is how Rudy Croes got it.
likely he had the report long before Mos got offered this job.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: February 09, 2009, 02:40:17 PM »

(snipped)

Thanks 2NJ.

I hadn't seen that before.  But just like the others I have seen, it looks like UE is still operational.  Shaefer also had involvement in that company - I may be wrong, but I believe he and Trahan were partners in it.

What leads me to believe this, is Kyle spoke of Trahan as Shaefer's representative.

KYLE KINGMAN - IN HIS OWN WORDS

Kyle:
  She [BETH] needs to know exactly what we found in the proper timing. The way to do that would be through Tim Trahan and I. I can arrange any meeting with him. He represents the owner and the rights to the data, in this case, Louis S. I have everything but I don't want to go around him for chain of custody reasons, professional courtesy, and friendship.

Kyle:  I did not feel the same and we had a major difference in opinion. He [John Silvetti] was the one who never pressed ALE to be completely open with us with the trap evidence. I would have forced them to. However, John was the one paying my invoices so I was forced to sit back and hope for the best.

Kyle:  On the other hand, those differences has also caused a rift between Tim Trahan/Louis and myself with John (although John and I remain close friends and colleagues). The result is Tim, Louis and I are moving forward and John is left out of the loop.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: February 09, 2009, 02:43:28 PM »

Hotping

What was on the breakfast menu this morning?

Janet

_____

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #712 on: February 09, 2009, 02:49:59 PM »

Search For Natalee Holloway
KPLC-TV, LA -

Trahan and Lake Charles native Louis Schaefer Jr. head up Underwater Expeditions around the world. ...
lcpirate.com/2007/12/24

Captain Elliott’s sells fishing operations
By Hunter Sauls
The Facts     

Published January 4, 2008
FREEPORT — As longtime owners of the charter fishing tour boats of Captain Elliott’s Party Boats pull out of the recreational fishing business — the new owner, Underwater Expeditions, is baiting their hooks.

Last January, the owners of Captain Elliott’s said they would be closing shop due to lack of profit and increased restrictions on red snapper fishing, their main attraction.

Since then, Kemah resident Louis Schaefer, chairman of Superior Offshore International Inc., a worldwide commercial diving company, has bought the two boats and is expected to close on a deal to buy the docks and buildings next month, said Casey Cundieff, vice president of Captain Elliott’s.
The first trip is scheduled for Jan. 18. They’ll be taking out the “Big E”, which can carry 105 people, on a 52-hour tour out for yellow and black fin tuna, said ship captain and Freeport resident Robert Poulsen.
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #713 on: February 09, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »

Hotping

Janet
  Noneya! 

Seriously I was Just having alittle fun with Ya Yesterday....I Actually made Him French Toast which was the Surprise!  This Morning was Two Eggs Over Easy Grits, Sausage and Biscuits! Oh and Hot coffee!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #714 on: February 09, 2009, 02:56:09 PM »

(snipped)

Thanks 2NJ.

KYLE KINGMAN - IN HIS OWN WORDS

Kyle:
  She [BETH] needs to know exactly what we found in the proper timing. The way to do that would be through Tim Trahan and I. I can arrange any meeting with him. He represents the owner and the rights to the data, in this case, Louis S. I have everything but I don't want to go around him for chain of custody reasons, professional courtesy, and friendship.

Kyle:  I did not feel the same and we had a major difference in opinion. He [John Silvetti] was the one who never pressed ALE to be completely open with us with the trap evidence. I would have forced them to. However, John was the one paying my invoices so I was forced to sit back and hope for the best.

Kyle:  On the other hand, those differences has also caused a rift between Tim Trahan/Louis and myself with John (although John and I remain close friends and colleagues). The result is Tim, Louis and I are moving forward and John is left out of the loop.

And in my mind - this is hitting the nail on the head.

Kyle kept insisting over and over again that it was Shaefer who owned the rights to that ROV footage.

And that was AFTER Superior went belly up, and Shaefer resigned from it.

So that means............it is Underwater Expeditions who owns (owned) the rights to that footage.

So my question is - how/did UE benefit/profit from this mapping search off the shores of Aruba?

For that answer (and more) do we now look for something tying Shaefer and Silvetti together both before and after Aruba?
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: February 09, 2009, 03:00:25 PM »

Have this two names come up before? 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://nholloway.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=9

Special Notice:
By John Silvetti-
The original search area surveyed by the R/V Persistence was selected based on numerous pieces of information provided by Dave Holloway, Tim Miller, investigations, interrogations, depositions and other information from local authorities. After compiling and reviewing the information, the search area was selected by Louis Schaefer and John Silvetti. Upon completion of the sonar runs in this area, 65 ROV dives were performed by Offshore Innovative Solutions (OIS) on targets identified by sonar. Divers from the Aruban Police Diving Division and Underwater Expeditions made several dives and retrieved samples which were delivered for analysis. Several targets in this first survey grid yet remain to be investigated by ROV which will occur in approximately one week when ROV dive operations recommence.

RV Persistence - Courtesy visit from the Aruba Coast Guard 27-Jan 0940 hrs

Tim Miller - TES
Louis E. Schaeffer, Jr.
John Silvetti
Tim Trahan - underwater expeditions
Brandon Hernandez - ROV Pilot
Marc Broussard - Project Manager
Kent Bourg - Party Chief
Kyle Kingman - Geophysical Engineer
Anthony Fontenot - Technician

Financial Support:
Greg Landry - Offshore Innovative Solutions
Erik McGuire - Seatronics

In God We Trust!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #716 on: February 09, 2009, 03:03:22 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://nholloway.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=9

Special Notice:
By John Silvetti-
The original search area surveyed by the R/V Persistence was selected based on numerous pieces of information provided by Dave Holloway, Tim Miller, investigations, interrogations, depositions and other information from local authorities. After compiling and reviewing the information, the search area was selected by Louis Schaefer and John Silvetti. Upon completion of the sonar runs in this area, 65 ROV dives were performed by Offshore Innovative Solutions (OIS) on targets identified by sonar. Divers from the Aruban Police Diving Division and Underwater Expeditions made several dives and retrieved samples which were delivered for analysis. Several targets in this first survey grid yet remain to be investigated by ROV which will occur in approximately one week when ROV dive operations recommence.

Tim Miller - TES
Louis E. Schaeffer, Jr.
John Silvetti
Kent Bourg - Party Chief

Financial Support:
Correction... the names are Greg Landry Offshore Innovative Solutions  and Erik Mcguire of Seatronics

In God We Trust!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #717 on: February 09, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »

February 2008

The previous owners of Subtech Diving and Marine have negotiated the buy back of Superior Offshore South Africa from Superior Offshore International Inc. The company will trade as Subtech (Pty) Ltd from the 1st March 2008 and will continue to focus on marine civil construction, salvage, ships husbandry, NDT and offshore support along the coast of Southern Africa, the Indian Ocean islands and the Middle East.

http://www.subtech.co.za/content/view/60/17/

Don't know if this matters in the grand scheme of things?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: February 09, 2009, 03:16:28 PM »

Hotping

Janet
  Noneya! 

Seriously I was Just having alittle fun with Ya Yesterday....I Actually made Him French Toast which was the Surprise!  This Morning was Two Eggs Over Easy Grits, Sausage and Biscuits! Oh and Hot coffee!

Oh ... what I would do for just one strong cuppa hot caffienated Tim Hortons coffee.  I am imagining the feeling of it warming its way through my system.  I am imagining the related buzz.

However ... you know what they say about additions.

"One is too much and 12 are not enough."

Have a good afternoon Monkeys.

I am off.

Janet
12:15 PM PT

_____

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #719 on: February 09, 2009, 03:28:16 PM »

Special Notice:
By John Silvetti-

Tim Miller - TES
Louis E. Schaeffer, Jr.
John Silvetti
Kent Bourg - Party Chief

Financial Support:
Correction... the names are Greg Landry Offshore Innovative Solutions  and Erik Mcguire of Seatronics

I made a post a couple of pages back about someone else who was onboard the Persistence at least at the beginning and kept an online diary of his time in Aruba with the Persistence crew and he includes a lot of photos. The url to my post is here:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4477.msg665857#msg665857

His name is Dr. Andrew G. Hodges and it seems he was investigating Natalee's disappearance for two years before joining the Persistence. He is a "forensic thoughtprint" expert and I was just a little confused about what that had to do with deep-sea exploration. Please see my linked post for the rest of the info on this guy.

Out of all the people who have been involved in this case in whatever capacity, doesn't it seem possible that at least ONE of them is capable of offering up some truth and closure for the people who love Natalee? So even the minor players may turn out to be important sources of information.

I wonder why Dr. Hodges is not on the Persistence list? He was in an Aruban hotel at the time the ROV crew was doing their thing and he was acting as go-between-by-phone for Dave Holloway and Tim Miller. But, Dr. Hodges had been onboard the Persistence for part of their exploratory efforts. How much has he been of assistance to the FBI or any other investigators in this case?

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.