April 20, 2024, 07:56:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #799 2/5/09 - 2/11/09  (Read 214207 times)
Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #720 on: February 09, 2009, 03:43:06 PM »

Can someone clue me in on the meaning of a VNO report and what that is all about? I've been away awhile and didn't see that?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: February 09, 2009, 03:44:35 PM »

Have this two names come up before? 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://nholloway.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=9

Special Notice:
By John Silvetti-
The original search area surveyed by the R/V Persistence was selected based on numerous pieces of information provided by Dave Holloway, Tim Miller, investigations, interrogations, depositions and other information from local authorities. After compiling and reviewing the information, the search area was selected by Louis Schaefer and John Silvetti. Upon completion of the sonar runs in this area, 65 ROV dives were performed by Offshore Innovative Solutions (OIS) on targets identified by sonar. Divers from the Aruban Police Diving Division and Underwater Expeditions made several dives and retrieved samples which were delivered for analysis. Several targets in this first survey grid yet remain to be investigated by ROV which will occur in approximately one week when ROV dive operations recommence.

RV Persistence - Courtesy visit from the Aruba Coast Guard 27-Jan 0940 hrs

Tim Miller - TES
Louis E. Schaeffer, Jr.
John Silvetti
Tim Trahan - underwater expeditions
Brandon Hernandez - ROV Pilot
Marc Broussard - Project Manager
Kent Bourg - Party Chief
Kyle Kingman - Geophysical Engineer
Anthony Fontenot - Technician

Financial Support:
Greg Landry - Offshore Innovative Solutions
Erik McGuire - Seatronics
Correction... the names are Greg Landry Offshore Innovative Solutions  and Erik Mcguire of Seatronics

I made a post a couple of pages back about someone else who was onboard the Persistence at least at the beginning and kept an online diary of his time in Aruba with the Persistence crew and he includes a lot of photos. The url to my post is here:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4477.msg665857#msg665857

His name is Dr. Andrew G. Hodges and it seems he was investigating Natalee's disappearance for two years before joining the Persistence. He is a "forensic thoughtprint" expert and I was just a little confused about what that had to do with deep-sea exploration. Please see my linked post for the rest of the info on this guy.

Out of all the people who have been involved in this case in whatever capacity, doesn't it seem possible that at least ONE of them is capable of offering up some truth and closure for the people who love Natalee? So even the minor players may turn out to be important sources of information.

I wonder why Dr. Hodges is not on the Persistence list? He was in an Aruban hotel at the time the ROV crew was doing their thing and he was acting as go-between-by-phone for Dave Holloway and Tim Miller. But, Dr. Hodges had been onboard the Persistence for part of their exploratory efforts. How much has he been of assistance to the FBI or any other investigators in this case?

DR. HODGES

KYLE KINGMAN - IN HIS OWN WORDS

oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #737 2/29 -
« Reply #713 on: March 01, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »

It would be rotten of me to lurk and not comment about our departure.  I agree, it feels absolutely awkward leaving.  I know it seems there are more questions now than before the search even began.  The only comfort and comment I can affort is knowing that many questions will be answered in time. 

As for the remaining targets:
There are between 100-200 targets yet to be explored.  Remember, we are searching for anything that could contain human remains, not just a fish trap. It's likely most of these remaining targets are simply debris or unimportant seabed features.  However, we originally set out to leave no stone unturned.  The plan is (as of today-plans do often change) to return to these targets once we've secured adequate funding with a dedicated ROV team on a different boat.  A different boat would be more efficient at running ROV operations both in terms of maneuvering and cost. 

-The Aruban authorities do not know our target list, nor have the capability to investigate most of the targets. 
-AF2 is on the Island.  To me this indicates Cheney is on the island, but I can't confirm this nor comment on the reason for the visit.
-The trap in question is significantly larger than Dr. Hodges reported dimensions from the fishermen huts owner.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2662.msg358604;topicseen#msg358604

oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #739 3/3 -
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2008, 06:35:58 PM »

The trap was symmetrical in width and length at approximately 7.5 ft. It was approximately 2.25-2.5 ft high.  You're correct about the ROV video lens distorting perspective due to the paralax view lens. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2668.msg360072#msg360072

oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #742 3/10 - 3/14/08
« Reply #923 on: March 14, 2008, 01:23:03 PM »

Dr. Hodges and I hung out on the back deck of the Persistence where he took me through the thought-print process and how the human mind works in those regards.  After several hours, my mind felt like "swiss-cheese" (Tot - I like that, I may have to use it).  I had to cut him off midway (after several hours) because I was dehydrated and getting severely sun burnt lol.  We finished inside the cool galley of the Persistence. Dr. Hodges never skipped a beat.  His theories are far outside of my expertise, so I'm in no position to judge them as valid or not.  I hope they're valid for their potential application to other future cases and current cold cases.  As far as the search goes, the theories played no part in the planning or execution of the search.  Regardless, I enjoyed talking with him particularly in terms of our mutual faith in Jesus Christ.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2689.msg365082;topicseen#msg365082

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: February 09, 2009, 03:45:37 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: February 09, 2009, 03:46:12 PM »

Frank is back !!!

_____

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #724 on: February 09, 2009, 03:47:38 PM »

Thank you, Tamikosmom. I was trying to figure out where that guy fit into everything. His Aruba/Persistence diary is interesting.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #725 on: February 09, 2009, 03:58:44 PM »

Can someone clue me in on the meaning of a VNO report and what that is all about? I've been away awhile and didn't see that?

Aruba accuses the Netherlands of spying
http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_52415.php

Chief Public Prosecutor Hans Mos dismissed
http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_52496.php

these articles in English, especially the first one explain most of it.

and here some background on what the VNO is:
http://www.minbzk.nl/vertegenwoordiging-aruba/engels/the-representation

i think this is one of the most serious diplomatic rows between Aruba and The Netherlands.
today state secretary Bijleveld was supposed to send a letter to parliament with an explanation.
but nothing as of yet (it's almost 10pm here). or i've missed it.

the tension will cool down in the coming days, but as long as there are no formal apologies from The Netherlands, Rudy Croes (and Oduber) are free to say stupid things and that will only increase tensions.
so why Bijleveld is waiting with the apologies might be a sign that there is something even more serious going on behind the scenes so that she can't formulate a statement.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #726 on: February 09, 2009, 04:42:20 PM »

Great work Island Monkey and Magnolia. (seems Mister Goat has been good for Miss Magnolia).

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #727 on: February 09, 2009, 04:44:47 PM »

WE KNOW THAT SCHAFER IS REORGANIZING HIS COMPANY, SELLING
OFF ALL OF HIS ASSETS, AND THEN RENEGOTIATING LEASING THEM
FROM THE COMPANIES THAT BUY THEM

As previously announced, in January 2008, the Company sold the Superior Achiever, which was under construction, to Hornbeck Offshore Services LLC, or “Hornbeck,” for approximately $70.0 million, the proceeds of which the Company used, among other things, to repay in full its term loan obligation to Fortis Capital Corp. and to repay a portion of its borrowings under its senior secured credit facility with JPMorgan Chase Bank. Following the sale, the Company has no further obligations to the shipbuilder with respect to the construction of the vessel; however, if certain construction costs for the Superior Achiever exceed $120.0 million, the Company will reimburse Hornbeck for the amount of such excess, up to $8.0 million. In addition, in connection with the sale of the Superior Achiever , the Company and Hornbeck entered into a five-year time charter for the Superior Achiever , or under certain circumstances, the HOS Iron Horse .
The Company has the option to terminate the charter by giving 90 days’ advance notice and paying a termination fee prior to the end of each six-month period within the term. The Company has provided Hornbeck with an $8.0 million cash secured letter of credit to secure its obligations to Hornbeck.
http://myway.brand.edgar-online.com/DisplayFilingInfo.aspx?Type=HTML&text=%2526lt%253bNEAR%252f4%2526gt%253b(%22ADAMS%22%2c%22SURVEYOR%22)&FilingID=5840983&ppu=%2fPeopleFilingResults.aspx%3fPersonID%3d4361538

WE KNOW THAT SCHAFER ANNOUNCED BANKRUPTCY UNDER A VOLUNTARY PETITION AND THAT THE COMPANY WILL OPERATE ITS BUSINESS AS A DEBTOR-IN-POSSESSION,

which would indicate he is remaining in the business

HOUSTON, April 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Superior Offshore International, Inc. (Nasdaq: DEEP - News; the "Company") today announced that it filed a voluntary petition under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code (the "Bankruptcy Code"), in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas (the "Court") (Case No. 08-32590-H2-11). The Company will continue to operate its business as "debtor in possession" under the jurisdiction of the Court in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Bankruptcy Code and orders of the Court.
Superior Offshore International, Inc.
713-910-1875
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080425/laf521.html?.v=2

WE KNOW THAT ARUBA HAS PLANS TO BUILD A PIPELINE FROM VENEZUELA TO THEIR ISLAND TO CARRY NATURAL GAS WITHIN ABOUT 3 YEARS

ORANJESTAD – As respond on the increasing oil prices and its negative consequences for our island, the government has decided to import gas from Colombia.  The electricity supply can be altered to use natural gas instead of fuel oil for an estimate of 20 millions.  The production of electricity and water becomes 40 percent cheaper because of this, said Premier Nelson Oduber yesterday.  “Besides, it’s going to be cleaner.”

The premier of Aruba made these comments during a press conference yesterday.  He is just back from a working visit in Colombia.  He took part as listener in the General Meeting of the Organization of American States (OAS) in Colombia.  He met with the Colombian president Alvaro Uribe last Sunday discussed among others the energy policy.  Uribe sugges ted supplying Aruba with natural gas, just like Colombia does with Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Panama.  They agreed that the ambassador for the Kingdom will start negotiating today with the Colombian minister of Mining and energy.  A delegation of representatives of WEB and Elmar intends to go to Colombia and work out the further details afterwards.  This is an historic moment, said Oduber.

The premier says that altering the WEB to use natural gas instead of fuel oil must be possible in one year.  WEB will take care of the costs, about 20 millions.  The natural gas will have to be transported by ship in the beginning, but the construction of a pipeline must be considered on the medium- and long run.  This pipeline will have to run via Venezuela to our island.  Oduber thinks that this may take about 3 years.  Apart from using the gas for the production of electricity a nd water, it can also be used for cars and in the houses.  Oduber does not abandon the thoughts of other alternatives like wind- and sun energy, but these can only supply the island with a limited amount of electricity and water.  Other energy sources like pet-coke and pitch are too expensive, says the premier.  Also the deepwater cooling is no option.  “We do not have deepwater here.”
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2890.780

WE KNOW KYLE SAID JOHN HAD PLANS TO OPEN AN OFFICE IN ARUBA TO DO BUSINESS WITH SOUTH AMERICA
Kyle says:  Jun 13, 2008
He's seriously making plans to open an Aruba office so he can conduct business easier in S. America and that would allow him to do that.

Quote from: LegallyLex on April 03, 2008, 07:42:52 PM John, a lot of BFN posters have asked me how much money would be needed to complete the search. Can you provide an estimate on what amount would be needed? John: It is very difficult to say, since Louis has not selected a ROV vessel and we do not know how much of a humanitarian discount we can count on by the vessel and ROV owners, but my guess is that we will be looking at around 1 million dollars

Aug, after close of trading, the Offshore owners (Louis Schaffer) liquidated 49 million shares of their stock

Nov. 2007 Offshore is below its own forecasts for business

Dec. 2007 they sold off some assets

Jan, 2008 - Senior executives leave the company

Stock fell to $3.50/share

Schaefer sold off 1.5 million shares of his stock for $22.5 million and additional stock

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: February 09, 2009, 04:45:53 PM »

Caesu posted this excellent link about VNO for you.  I'm surprised that Johan and Basitibro didn't post the same link at CnG.

http://www.minbzk.nl/vertegenwoordiging-aruba/engels/the-representation
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #729 on: February 09, 2009, 04:51:53 PM »

Frank, too?

Copy & paste personnel on vacation? 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: February 09, 2009, 04:54:20 PM »

Frank, too?

As Deetch yes
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #731 on: February 09, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »

Frank, too?

As Deetch yes

Sometimes it's just fine not to know these things.  Ignorance is bliss, they say.  You have a way of throwing little bits out there, though.  Nice delivery.   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #732 on: February 09, 2009, 05:03:45 PM »

FOLLOW THE MONEY - ARUBA STYLE

REMEMBER HOW THE PROSECUTOR ZWINKEL WAS ACCUSED OF TAKING MONEY
Instead of funneling it through the Government books, it would be placed directly into a Marketing Fund. This would generate $6,3 million US, with which the private sector, namely the AHATA Accommodations Partners, will add an additional 1% increase to the AHATA fee - representing a 33% increase from 2% to 3%.

Smith declared that 80% of this amount would be placed in the Central Bank Superfund which will total another $5.25 million US. AHATA restaurants will contribute a 1% fee, totaling approximately 500K US and the Activities, Attractions & Transfers businesses will join with a 1%, amounting to 450K US; Car Rentals, the Airport and all other players will increase the amount in its totality to a whopping $12,6 million US, which can be directed towards pure advertising.

WHO IS BEHIND ALL THIS
While AHATA will still support existing infrastructure and payroll, the ATA will do its share to support infrastructure payroll and promotion, and in that way the island will enjoy DOUBLE the advertising budget, and eliminate cash flow issues in the process, taking advertising dollars out of the political process without the need to change ATA’s structure

BACK TO THE FOLLOW THE MONEY = BANKS
Any deadlocks could be settled by a board of mediation made up of the Head of the Central Bank and two independent other members; one selected by each side and approved by the other in advance.

As a matter of fact, Smith revealed that high level meetings between the Government and AHATA have already taken place with general acceptance of a need for a revised structure of funding, achieved.

<snip>
With 575 + open positions at the hotels only, 900 + construction positions open, 867 + tourism related positions open and 24 + projects either ongoing or in the pipeline within the next 12 months, a projected 5000 tourism related openings are a reality in the work market, in the next 3 year
http://tinyurl.com/4y2tm8

BUCKSHOT
Monkey Junky

« Reply #733 on: February 09, 2009, 05:15:33 PM »

Kermit -

Thanks for your expertise. Much appreciated.

BUCKSHOT
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #734 on: February 09, 2009, 05:23:37 PM »

Great work Island Monkey and Magnolia. (seems Mister Goat has been good for Miss Magnolia).

Thanks Kermit~but I can't take credit, it was all Magnolia..........where is she anyway??

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #735 on: February 09, 2009, 05:44:07 PM »

Cal Dive Closes First Phase of Asset Purchase with Stolt Offshore     
  Cal Dive International, Inc.      Wednesday, November 02, 2005 

Cal Dive International has closed a transaction to purchase the diving assets of Stolt Offshore that presently operate in the Gulf of Mexico. The assets include: seven diving support vessels, a portable saturation diving system, various general diving equipment and Louisiana operating bases at the Port of Iberia and Fourchon.

The separate purchases of the DB801 and Kestrel will be closed when those assets complete their present work campaigns in Trinidadian waters. The total transaction value for all of the assets will be approximately $123 million. 

Stolt Offshore Wins 6-Year Pipelay Contract from Petrobras     
  Stolt Offshore      Friday, November 18, 2005

Stolt Offshore has been awarded a new contract by Petrobras for a firm period of six years for deepwater flexible pipelay offshore Brazil.
The contract which will commence in January 2007 and is valued at approximately $250 million, will be undertaken by the CS Pertinacia which will be on long-term charter to Stolt Offshore from mid 2006. At the start of the charter period the ship will be converted from her original cable lay configuration to enable her to transport and install up to 2,500 tonnes of flexible flowlines in water depths of up to 2000 meters. The investment in the ship conversion and in project specific equipment will be approximately $55 million.

Related Products   

Introduction to Oil and Gas Joint Ventures

Fundamentals of Oil & Gas Accounting, 4th Edition

Philippe Lamoure, Vice President, South America Region, said, "Following the recent increase in the exploration and production budget for Petrobras, we are now seeing substantial growth in the pace of offshore construction in Brazil. This contract, which is evidence of this market growth, will increase our revenue from the South America region by some 30% without the need to increase our local cost structure." 

You can find more here.....

http://www.rigzone.com/news/company.asp?comp_id=402

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #736 on: February 09, 2009, 05:48:47 PM »

Cal Dive Closes First Phase of Asset Purchase with Stolt Offshore     
  Cal Dive International, Inc.      Wednesday, November 02, 2005 

Cal Dive International has closed a transaction to purchase the diving assets of Stolt Offshore that presently operate in the Gulf of Mexico. The assets include: seven diving support vessels, a portable saturation diving system, various general diving equipment and Louisiana operating bases at the Port of Iberia and Fourchon.

The separate purchases of the DB801 and Kestrel will be closed when those assets complete their present work campaigns in Trinidadian waters. The total transaction value for all of the assets will be approximately $123 million. 

Stolt Offshore Wins 6-Year Pipelay Contract from Petrobras     
  Stolt Offshore      Friday, November 18, 2005

Stolt Offshore has been awarded a new contract by Petrobras for a firm period of six years for deepwater flexible pipelay offshore Brazil.
The contract which will commence in January 2007 and is valued at approximately $250 million, will be undertaken by the CS Pertinacia which will be on long-term charter to Stolt Offshore from mid 2006. At the start of the charter period the ship will be converted from her original cable lay configuration to enable her to transport and install up to 2,500 tonnes of flexible flowlines in water depths of up to 2000 meters. The investment in the ship conversion and in project specific equipment will be approximately $55 million.

Related Products   

Introduction to Oil and Gas Joint Ventures

Fundamentals of Oil & Gas Accounting, 4th Edition

Philippe Lamoure, Vice President, South America Region, said, "Following the recent increase in the exploration and production budget for Petrobras, we are now seeing substantial growth in the pace of offshore construction in Brazil. This contract, which is evidence of this market growth, will increase our revenue from the South America region by some 30% without the need to increase our local cost structure." 

You can find more here.....

http://www.rigzone.com/news/company.asp?comp_id=402

Trying to connect some dot's..

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #737 on: February 09, 2009, 05:51:18 PM »

I see Magnolia!!!!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: February 09, 2009, 05:51:36 PM »

Cal Dive Receives OK to Close Asset Purchase Agreement with Stolt Offshore     
  Cal Dive International, Inc.      Tuesday, October 18, 2005 

Cal Dive International has received clearance from the Department of Justice to close the asset purchase agreement with Stolt Offshore, that was announced on April 12th. Under the terms of the clearance, Cal Dive will divest two diving support vessels and a portable saturation diving system from the combined asset package acquired through this transaction and the one closed with Torch Offshore on August 31st.

Martin Ferron, President, stated, "We are very pleased to now be able to fully implement our plan to form a new Shelf contracting subsidiary. This entity will have 28 vessels and two portable saturation diving systems to deploy in a strong marketplace, bolstered by additional subsea work created by Hurricane's Ivan, Katrina and Rita." 

Why would you need the DOJ approval?????

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #739 on: February 09, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »

Frank, too?

As Deetch yes

Sometimes it's just fine not to know these things.  Ignorance is bliss, they say.  You have a way of throwing little bits out there, though.  Nice delivery.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.