March 28, 2024, 12:39:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #799 2/5/09 - 2/11/09  (Read 213422 times)
martini
Scared Monkey

« Reply #660 on: February 09, 2009, 07:47:36 AM »

February 9, 2009  -Hans Mos, the head of the Public Prosecutor's Office on Aruba, is to quit his position this summer. He has shed no light on the reasons for his early departure.
The most important case handled during his tenure was that of Natalee Holloway, the US student who disappeared from the island in 2005. The case, which is still not closed and which is estimated to have cost more than seven and a half million euros, has led to increasing criticism of Mr Mos.

The announcement of his departure comes at a time when relationships between Aruba and the Netherlands are strained. The Aruban Justice Minister, Rudy Kroes, has accused the Netherlands of spying after serious allegations about Aruban Prime Minister Nelson Oduber and a member of Mr Kroes' family were found in a confidential document produced by the Dutch delegation to the island.

http://www.avsnewsonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2728&Itemid=54

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #661 on: February 09, 2009, 08:40:38 AM »

February 9, 2009  -Hans Mos, the head of the Public Prosecutor's Office on Aruba, is to quit his position this summer. He has shed no light on the reasons for his early departure.
The most important case handled during his tenure was that of Natalee Holloway, the US student who disappeared from the island in 2005. The case, which is still not closed and which is estimated to have cost more than seven and a half million euros, has led to increasing criticism of Mr Mos.

The announcement of his departure comes at a time when relationships between Aruba and the Netherlands are strained. The Aruban Justice Minister, Rudy Kroes, has accused the Netherlands of spying after serious allegations about Aruban Prime Minister Nelson Oduber and a member of Mr Kroes' family were found in a confidential document produced by the Dutch delegation to the island.

http://www.avsnewsonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2728&Itemid=54

So, is Mos "quitting" this summer -- or is "fired" immediately? 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #662 on: February 09, 2009, 10:15:36 AM »

Thank you for the informative discussion today everyone, it was a welcomed change.

I'm off to catch some flies.

Enjoy your "dinner". I always look forward to reading on the NH thread, and enjoy your insight and thoroughness

Islandmonkey, have you got anything on CalDive out of Louisiana?
You have been a great help today.

Magnolia~just getting started on the CalDive, here are a few items so far, if you wnat me to look for something very specific, just let me know.......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: February 09, 2009, 10:51:21 AM »

Chief Public Prosecutor Hans Mos dismissed
7 Feb, 2009, 08:19 (GMT -04:00)

Chief Public Prosecutor Hans Mos returns to the Netherlands this summer. He’s going to hold a yet unknown position in the Dutch Public Prosecutor.

ORANJESTAD — Hans Mos resigns his position as Chief Public Prosecutor.  As a result of the statements in the leaked-out VNO-report, Justice-minister Rudy Croes has supposedly ordered him and also prosecutor Kasper van der Schaft to leave.
This appeared in this morning’s daily newspaper Trouw. It’s not clear what the leak-out exactly has to do with the dismissal.  Based on their contract, both Mos and Van der Schaft had still another year in office. In a conversation with the Wereldomroep, minister Plenipotentiary in the Netherlands, Frido Croes denies the fact that the early departure of Mos has something to do with the leaked-out VNO-report.  He says that Van der Schaft leaves because ‘his contract has run out’.
Public Prosecution's Office (OM)-spokesperson Ann Angela has only confirmed yesterday that Mos leaves in the summer. According to an official statement of the OM, Harm Brouwer, chairman of the Dutch College of procurators general and with that the highest boss of the OM in the Netherlands, Mos was offered two positions with the OM in the Netherlands last Monday.  Mos will decide on one of these positions before this coming March 1st.
http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_52496.php

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: February 09, 2009, 11:05:19 AM »

Cal Dive International
http://www.caldive.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Corporate Governance
http://www.caldive.com/CorporateGovernance/tabid/55/Default.aspx

Join the Cal Dive Team
http://www.caldive.com/JoinTheCalDiveTeam/tabid/70/Default.aspx

Contact Information
http://www.caldive.com/ContactInformation/tabid/65/Default.aspx

Investor Relations
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=201396&p=irol-IRHome

SEC Filings
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=201396&p=irol-sec

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #665 on: February 09, 2009, 12:36:54 PM »

Hello all. This is my first post to the Natalee Holloway thread even though I've been a sometimes lurker here for a while. I've tried to keep up on the latest conversations here so if these questions are repeating anything, my apologies.

I've come across a website by a Dr. Andrew G. Hodges at http://forensicthoughtprints.com/aruba/default.html. His field of expertise seems to be "forensic thoughtprints" which he explains as "A thoughtprint is unconscious communication hidden within verbal or written communication." His website describes his "ground-breaking" investigative technique as being of valuable assistance to police agencies. It sounds kind of like that new ABC TV show, "Lie to Me" where suspects give away information they don't intend to give away.

The link above is to his personal journal as a member of the Persistence Team and details his experiences onboard that boat. He includes numerous photographs. His journal details his experiences onboard Persistence between 12/18/07 and 1/2/08.

So... my first question is, assuming that this gentleman is an absolute expert in his field, of what value was that expertise to undersea exploration and the evaluation of any possible gathered physical evidence?

He does state on his website about a conversation he had with Louis Schaffer and Tim Miller, "We discussed where my profile of suspects' statements showed the body to be. Tim Miller's intuition and experience pointed much in the same direction as my forensic analysis." So, perhaps he was there to analyze the things that people had said in this case. Still, what does this thoughtprint expertise have to do with the technical aspects and logistics of deep-sea exploration? Does thoughtprint analysis require being onboard a deep-sea diving boat?

Also, in this journal, he makes it clear that he was in contact with Dave Holloway to keep Mr. Holloway aprised of the investigation's progress. Was this why he was included as a member of the team?

He makes no mention at all of Aruban officials halting the work of the Persistence crew so that the Aruban officials could remove evidence. In fact, he probably wasn't on the boat at all when those events took place. He says he went home to Alabama but returned to Aruba on December 29 when the ROV team began their work and he monitored the whole business by phone (with Tim Miller who was onboard).

He posts links to more information on the main page of his website:  http://forensicthoughtprints.com/. There are links there to his interview on SM Radio with Dana Pretzer.

If this man is trained in deep analysis of what people say and do and write, why would a detail like interference from Aruban officials not even rate a mention in his journal?

What does anyone here at SM know about this gentleman and his involvement in Natalee's case and/or the Persistence? Is he one of the good guys? Or not?

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #666 on: February 09, 2009, 12:42:51 PM »

Thank you for the informative discussion today everyone, it was a welcomed change.

Enjoy your "dinner". I always look forward to reading on the NH thread, and enjoy your insight and thoroughness

MAGNOLIA~I JUST GOT OFF THE BLOOMBERG AND CALDIVE ACQUIRED SUPERIOR OFFSHORE INTERNATIONAL THRU A DIVESTITURE ON 6/30/08 FOR 12MM   Attached it the bloomberg page for Cal Dive and their Corporate Action Calendar. so at least we know where superior offshore landed...

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #667 on: February 09, 2009, 12:47:12 PM »

MAGNOLIA~I JUST GOT OFF THE BLOOMBERG AND CALDIVE ACQUIRED SUPERIOR OFFSHORE INTERNATIONAL THRU A DIVESTITURE ON 6/30/08 FOR 12MM   Attached it the bloomberg page for Cal Dive and their Corporate Action Calendar. so at least we know where superior offshore landed...

There we go!Great work Island Monkey!!!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #668 on: February 09, 2009, 12:49:11 PM »

Thanks, islandmonkey.   So if CalDive is a subsidiary of Helix, then was Superior Offshore absorbed into CalDive brand? 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #669 on: February 09, 2009, 12:52:45 PM »

Thanks, islandmonkey.   So if CalDive is a subsidiary of Helix, then was Superior Offshore absorbed into CalDive brand? 

On top of what 2nj is saying it would be interesting to see if any of the culprits in the collapse of Superior Offshore invested in CalDive,and or Helix???

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #670 on: February 09, 2009, 12:55:04 PM »

Yes mam~according the the Bloomberg, it's on the last sheet I attached to my post and was approved by the bankruptcy court effective 6/11/08

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #671 on: February 09, 2009, 01:01:44 PM »

On top of what 2nj is saying it would be interesting to see if any of the culprits in the collapse of Superior Offshore invested in CalDive,and or Helix???

I will keep working on it~but the acquisition was nicely timed don't you think.

[
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #672 on: February 09, 2009, 01:02:33 PM »

Yes mam~according the the Bloomberg, it's on the last sheet I attached to my post and was approved by the bankruptcy court effective 6/11/08

Thanks....I was just reading an article about CalDive buying back some of it's stock from Helix in January, 2009.   I wish I had a better knowledge of these things.  (sorry, forgot to bring the link over, but I can find it pretty easily.)

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #673 on: February 09, 2009, 01:06:08 PM »

Here is some more info that I found on Louis E Schaefer and Schaefer Holdings LLC...Hope its not duplicates.. 

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/insiderTrading?symbol=DEEPQ.PK

http://markets.chron.com/chron?GUID=3806368&Page=MediaViewer&Ticker=deep

http://google.brand.edgar-online.com/PeopleFilingResults.aspx?PersonID=4265740&PersonName=LOUIS%20E.%20SCHAEFER

http://www.foundationsearch.com/fs-html/newrf100.asp

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #674 on: February 09, 2009, 01:06:10 PM »

I will keep working on it~but the acquisition was nicely timed don't you think.

Thanx IslandMonkey!How long would a deal like this have to be in the works?Would negotiations have started before the search started,and or during??

MOHANDAS GANDHI
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #675 on: February 09, 2009, 01:09:16 PM »

How does this news story from January 26, 2009 relate to all those business goings-on?

Cal Dive To Buy Back 12.6% Of Its Shares From Parent Helix

TEL AVIV -- Cal Dive International Inc., the Houston provider of offshore construction services to the energy industry, definitively agreed to buy 13.6 million of its shares, a 12.6% holding, from Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc., the companies said in separate statements late on Sunday. The move reduces Helix's holding in Cal Dive to 51% from 57%. Cal Dive will pay $6.34 a share, or $86 million, for the holding. The deal price is about 2% below the 30-day average trading price of the stock as of Jan. 16, Helix said. Cal Dive shares closed on Friday at $7.01. Cal Dive said the terms were approved by a panel of four of its directors who aren't also directors of Helix. Helix, the Houston offshore-energy-services company, said it will use the funds for general purposes. Cal Dive said it will fund the purchase via its revolving-credit line. It said the buyback is "attractive at current trading prices."
[posted on FoxBusiness.com at http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/energy/cal-dive-buy--shares-parent-helix/ ]

It seems Cal Dive is doing pretty well if they can buy back shares of their own company. How does their success or lack thereof relate to the Natalee Holloway case or any of the major players in the investigation into Natalee's disappearance?  Can or did this company or its directors influence the efforts made to investigate what happened to Natalee?

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #676 on: February 09, 2009, 01:11:14 PM »

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=94139&p=irol-newsArticle_print&ID=1247879&highlight=

Press Release
Helix Enters Stock Sale Agreement with Cal Dive
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 25, 2009--Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc. (NYSE:HLX) reports that it has entered into a definitive stock repurchase agreement with Cal Dive International, Inc. (NYSE:DVR), a majority-owned subsidiary, pursuant to which it will sell to Cal Dive 13,564,669 shares of Cal Dive's common stock for total consideration equal to $86,000,000 or $6.34 per share. The purchase price represents an approximate 2% discount to the 30 day average trading price of Cal Dive's common stock as of January 16, 2009. Helix expects to close the transaction in the near future and will use the proceeds of the sale for general corporate purposes. After the consummation of this transaction Helix will own 47,942,022 of the 93,946,409 shares of Cal Dive common stock outstanding such that Helix's ownership interest is reduced from approximately 57% to approximately 51% of Cal Dive.

Owen Kratz, the Helix's President and Chief Executive Officer, commented that "We believe that this is another step in our previously announced strategy of unlocking the asset value in the Company by divesting of assets outside of our core business focus while simultaneously providing the Company with additional liquidity which we believe is important in the current economic environment."

(snipped)

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #677 on: February 09, 2009, 01:16:56 PM »

How does this news story from January 26, 2009 relate to all those business goings-on?

TEL AVIV -- Cal Dive International Inc., the Houston provider of offshore construction services to the energy industry, definitively agreed to buy 13.6 million of its shares, a 12.6% holding, from Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc., the companies said in separate statements late on Sunday. The move reduces Helix's holding in Cal Dive to 51% from 57%. Cal Dive will pay $6.34 a share, or $86 million, for the holding. The deal price is about 2% below the 30-day average trading price of the stock as of Jan. 16, Helix said. Cal Dive shares closed on Friday at $7.01. Cal Dive said the terms were approved by a panel of four of its directors who aren't also directors of Helix. Helix, the Houston offshore-energy-services company, said it will use the funds for general purposes. Cal Dive said it will fund the purchase via its revolving-credit line. It said the buyback is "attractive at current trading prices."
[posted on FoxBusiness.com at http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/energy/cal-dive-buy--shares-parent-helix/ ]

It seems Cal Dive is doing pretty well if they can buy back shares of their own company. How does their success or lack thereof relate to the Natalee Holloway case or any of the major players in the investigation into Natalee's disappearance?  Can or did this company or its directors influence the efforts made to investigate what happened to Natalee?

Can someone answer Oldie's question?I'm not sure i could answer it quite right!TIA

MOHANDAS GANDHI
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #678 on: February 09, 2009, 01:17:30 PM »

Welcome to this discussion which came about due to recent postings about the Persistence water search for Natalee.  Not being sure how much you've read here, it's hard to summarize in a post. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #679 on: February 09, 2009, 01:17:51 PM »

What do you think Tamikosmom and Jen3560.Just get's better and better!

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.