March 28, 2024, 07:36:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #799 2/5/09 - 2/11/09  (Read 213413 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #680 on: February 09, 2009, 01:18:48 PM »

Thanks, islandmonkey.   So if CalDive is a subsidiary of Helix, then was Superior Offshore absorbed into CalDive brand? 

Yes mam~according the the Bloomberg, it's on the last sheet I attached to my post and was approved by the bankruptcy court effective 6/11/08

Thanks....I was just reading an article about CalDive buying back some of it's stock from Helix in January, 2009.   I wish I had a better knowledge of these things.  (sorry, forgot to bring the link over, but I can find it pretty easily.)

Yes, you are right~I'll attach those with the other doc;s I'm waiting to upload.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #681 on: February 09, 2009, 01:19:07 PM »

KTF,  like minds........       

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: February 09, 2009, 01:20:37 PM »

Thanks, islandmonkey.   So if CalDive is a subsidiary of Helix, then was Superior Offshore absorbed into CalDive brand? 

Yes mam~according the the Bloomberg, it's on the last sheet I attached to my post and was approved by the bankruptcy court effective 6/11/08

How does this news story from January 26, 2009 relate to all those business goings-on?

Cal Dive To Buy Back 12.6% Of Its Shares From Parent Helix

TEL AVIV -- Cal Dive International Inc., the Houston provider of offshore construction services to the energy industry, definitively agreed to buy 13.6 million of its shares, a 12.6% holding, from Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc., the companies said in separate statements late on Sunday. The move reduces Helix's holding in Cal Dive to 51% from 57%. Cal Dive will pay $6.34 a share, or $86 million, for the holding. The deal price is about 2% below the 30-day average trading price of the stock as of Jan. 16, Helix said. Cal Dive shares closed on Friday at $7.01. Cal Dive said the terms were approved by a panel of four of its directors who aren't also directors of Helix. Helix, the Houston offshore-energy-services company, said it will use the funds for general purposes. Cal Dive said it will fund the purchase via its revolving-credit line. It said the buyback is "attractive at current trading prices."
[posted on FoxBusiness.com at http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/energy/cal-dive-buy--shares-parent-helix/ ]

It seems Cal Dive is doing pretty well if they can buy back shares of their own company. How does their success or lack thereof relate to the Natalee Holloway case or any of the major players in the investigation into Natalee's disappearance?  Can or did this company or its directors influence the efforts made to investigate what happened to Natalee?

Welcome oldiebutgoodie.  Good Morning Monkeys.

I am very confused too.  However ... maybe the Monkeys researching this topic could provide an overview as to the implication ... where this is all headed and ... how it all relates to the Persistence undertaking.

Thanks

Janet
10:20 AM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #683 on: February 09, 2009, 01:22:25 PM »

How does this news story from January 26, 2009 relate to all those business goings-on?

TEL AVIV -- Cal Dive International Inc., the Houston provider of offshore construction services to the energy industry, definitively agreed to buy 13.6 million of its shares, a 12.6% holding, from Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc., the companies said in separate statements late on Sunday. The move reduces Helix's holding in Cal Dive to 51% from 57%. Cal Dive will pay $6.34 a share, or $86 million, for the holding. The deal price is about 2% below the 30-day average trading price of the stock as of Jan. 16, Helix said. Cal Dive shares closed on Friday at $7.01. Cal Dive said the terms were approved by a panel of four of its directors who aren't also directors of Helix. Helix, the Houston offshore-energy-services company, said it will use the funds for general purposes. Cal Dive said it will fund the purchase via its revolving-credit line. It said the buyback is "attractive at current trading prices."
[posted on FoxBusiness.com at http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/energy/cal-dive-buy--shares-parent-helix/ ]

It seems Cal Dive is doing pretty well if they can buy back shares of their own company. How does their success or lack thereof relate to the Natalee Holloway case or any of the major players in the investigation into Natalee's disappearance?  Can or did this company or its directors influence the efforts made to investigate what happened to Natalee?

Can someone answer Oldie's question?I'm not sure i could answer it quite right!TIA

It is just a divestiture of DVR stock Helix..

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: February 09, 2009, 01:24:06 PM »

2 Points and views on Buy Back by compamies.. 

Warren Buffett : Why some companies buy back stock
These comments came from Warren Buffett's letter to shareholders, page 15;

If you have been wondering why so many companies have been buying back stock, here is one explanation from Mr. Buffett.

"Too often, executive compensation in the US is ridiculously out of line with performance. That won't change. Moreover, because the deck is stacked against investors when it comes to the CEO's pay. The upshot is that a mediocre-or-worse CEO- aided by his handpicked VP of human relations and consultant from the ever-accommodating firm of Ratchet, Ratchet and Bingo- all too often receives gobs of money from an ill-designed compensation agreement."

Take, for instance, ten year, fixed-price options (and who wouldn't?). If Fred Futile, CEO of Stagnant, Inc., receives a bundle of these- let's say enough to give him an option on 1% of the company- his self-interest is clear: He should skip the dividends entirely and instead use all of the company's earnings to repurchase stock."

http://www.johnmugarian.com/2006/10/warren_buffett_why_some_compan.html
==============================================================

Flush with cash from two blowout quarters of earnings, companies are buying back their stock at a feverish pace.
Companies ranging from brokerage Merrill Lynch to furniture maker Herman Miller and insurer Aflac are seeing improved financial performance as a chance to make investors' holdings more valuable by reducing the number of shares outstanding.

While there are many fans of buybacks, critics warn they might not be as lucrative as some think.

In January, companies said they would spend $24.9 billion buying back stock, a 20% jump from the amount announced in January 2003, researcher TrimTabs says. Last year, companies announced $152 billion in buybacks, an increase of about 2% — a sign of a comeback following a 37% drop in 2002.

Proponents of buybacks say they benefit investors because share prices typically rise after a buyback is announced.

They also reflect a company's confidence in the future performance of its business and the overall economy, says David Ikenberry, professor of finance at the University of Illinois.

Even so, some point out investors should be careful before getting too giddy over the rash of buybacks. That's because companies:

•Often do not follow through. Just because a company says it will buy back shares doesn't mean it has to. In fact, 30% of the firms that authorize buybacks never do, says Edward Zajac, professor at Northwestern University.

•May merely be soaking up stock options. Howard Silverblatt at Standard & Poor's says shareholders will see little real benefit from buybacks because they're merely offsetting shares issued as employee stock options.

For instance, Merrill Lynch plans to buy up to $2 billion of its own stock, which is equivalent to 33 million shares. But that doesn't cover the 37.5 million shares of employee stock options that Merrill had outstanding in September, which diluted earnings.

Companies are "buying back (shares) with one hand and issuing new ones with the other," Silverblatt says.

•Are distracting investors from dividends. By promising a buyback, companies can appease investors and avoid pressure to increase a dividend. New tax laws have made dividends more popular with investors. But companies still prefer buybacks because they are not required to follow through.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2004-02-15-buybacks_x.htm
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: February 09, 2009, 01:24:23 PM »

Klaas ... Monkeys

Would somebody please provide me a source/link that relates to the latest happenings in the Kalpoes' defamation lawsuit against Phil McGraw.

Thanks

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #686 on: February 09, 2009, 01:26:15 PM »

On top of what 2nj is saying it would be interesting to see if any of the culprits in the collapse of Superior Offshore invested in CalDive,and or Helix???

I will keep working on it~but the acquisition was nicely timed don't you think.

Thanx IslandMonkey!How long would a deal like this have to be in the works?Would negotiations have started before the search started,and or during??

Well, that's a loaded question with many variables........except in the news release it shows that they are only paying 12mm for the company, and that might make it easier for the board members and shareholders to approve due to the small sum of money involved.......sorry, I'd have to know more variables to answer that better.

[
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #687 on: February 09, 2009, 01:26:42 PM »

oldiebutgoody,

Blonde has compiled much of the discussion that brought us to the present one.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4145.0

Janet,

We started looking at Superior Offshore (Schaefer) & The Silvetti Group of Companies.  We're 'following the money', so to speak.         Not sure I know where it's leading or if it has any significance.

How is your paper on the Kalpoe/McGraw suit coming along? 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #688 on: February 09, 2009, 01:27:06 PM »

On top of what 2nj is saying it would be interesting to see if any of the culprits in the collapse of Superior Offshore invested in CalDive,and or Helix???

I will keep working on it~but the acquisition was nicely timed don't you think.

Thanx IslandMonkey!How long would a deal like this have to be in the works?Would negotiations have started before the search started,and or during??

Well, that's a loaded question with many variables........except in the news release it shows that they are only paying 12mm for the company, and that might make it easier for the board members and shareholders to approve due to the small sum of money involved.......sorry, I'd have to know more variables to answer that better.

Sorry, meant to attach this article

[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: February 09, 2009, 01:27:12 PM »

I am very confused too.  However ... maybe the Monkeys researching this topic could provide a SIMPLE overview as to the implication ... where this is all headed and ... how it all relates to the Persistence undertaking.

Thanks

Janet

EDIT

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: February 09, 2009, 01:32:04 PM »

oldiebutgoody,

Blonde has compiled much of the discussion that brought us to the present one.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4145.0

Janet,

We started looking at Superior Offshore (Schaefer) & The Silvetti Group of Companies.  We're 'following the money', so to speak.         Not sure I know where it's leading or if it has any significance.

How is your paper on the Kalpoe/McGraw suit coming along? 

My DIL assisted me in cleaning it up last night.  The teacher in her dictated she could not have said the paper was just fine.

Anyways ... it is almost completed. 

We need to know what the lastest happenings are.  I believe Klaas posted an article a couple of weeks back.

Janet

_____

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #691 on: February 09, 2009, 01:33:01 PM »

Thank you for the informative discussion today everyone, it was a welcomed change.

I'm off to catch some flies.

Enjoy your "dinner". I always look forward to reading on the NH thread, and enjoy your insight and thoroughness

Islandmonkey, have you got anything on CalDive out of Louisiana?
You have been a great help today.

MAGNOLIA~I JUST GOT OFF THE BLOOMBERG AND CALDIVE ACQUIRED SUPERIOR OFFSHORE INTERNATIONAL THRU A DIVESTITURE ON 6/30/08 FOR 12MM   Attached it the bloomberg page for Cal Dive and their Corporate Action Calendar. so at least we know where superior offshore landed...

VERY interesting timing there!!

Thanks islandmonkey for finding that.

On July 7th, Kyle told us Tim Trahan had been fired, and Underwater Expeditions was being dissolved.

From what we can tell, UE is still operational, under the guidance of Tim Trahan.

Is there any way you can find out the status of Underwater Expeditions for us?
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #692 on: February 09, 2009, 01:35:11 PM »

Welcome to this discussion which came about due to recent postings about the Persistence water search for Natalee.  Not being sure how much you've read here, it's hard to summarize in a post. 

Okay, I understand. I must be asking too broad a question. I've read some of this discussion and I think I understand that some of the people involved with the search for Natalee may also be involved with these companies in some way? Is that correct?

For example, if searching for Natalee was a "sidebar" exercise to the Persistence's other purpose in underwater mapping and that other purpose related to these companies and their successes and failures, that would somehow impact the search for Natalee? Is that right?

If the Persistence was begging for money from the public to finance the search for Natalee when all along their deep-sea exploration was being underwritten by one of these companies for the sake of their "other purpose" in being in Aruban waters, then the story about having to give up the Natalee search for lack of funds couldn't be true.

I'm not sure their being underwritten, even if for a different purpose, is necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. If some big company wants to pick up the tab for their own business and along the way it does some good for the search for Natalee, that's not a bad thing.

Where it becomes a bad thing is if these corporate/police/government interests didn't want the real truth about Natalee coming out and so forced an end to the Persistence search as well as absconding with recovered evidence.

And somehow, these financial statements are a series of breadcrumbs (evidence) that will make a trail leading to the individual(s) who were beholden (owed debts/favors) to those corporate/police/government interests.

Am I understanding this right? I'm kind of an airhead about financial statements. I can't even balance a checkbook. I start out every month with x amount of dollars and don't spend more than that x amount. That's the only high finance I understand.   

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #693 on: February 09, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »

Case Number: BC363201
DEEPAK KALPOE VS PHILLIP C MCGRAW
Filing Date: 12/13/2006
Case Type: Defamation (Slander/Libel) (General Jurisdiction)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Future Hearings
03/26/2009 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Compel (Further Interrogatory Responsesand Production of Documents (4);2) Second Motion to Dismiss andRequest for Terminating Sanctions3)

http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/civilCaseSummary/index.asp?CaseType=Civil

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #694 on: February 09, 2009, 01:35:52 PM »

I am very confused too.  However ... maybe the Monkeys researching this topic could provide a SIMPLE overview as to the implication ... where this is all headed and ... how it all relates to the Persistence undertaking.

Thanks

Janet

I'm not that far in yet~ my first post was Friday about the IPO of Superior Offshore and it's chart that showed pure fraud perpetuated on the stockholders, while the insiders sold on inside information and left the unsuspecting shareholders holding stock that was worthless.

Then Magnolia asked me to look into CalDive........so, when I got on the Bloomberg today and started searching I ran across the corporate calendar (never mentioned Superior Offshore), just stated "certain asset" which caught my eye, so I opened the page and there it was the divestiture detail on Superior and CalDive.

Hat's off to Magnolia for asking me to look into CalDive.......I wish she were here

EDIT

[
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #695 on: February 09, 2009, 01:38:01 PM »

Welcome to this discussion which came about due to recent postings about the Persistence water search for Natalee.  Not being sure how much you've read here, it's hard to summarize in a post. 

Okay, I understand. I must be asking too broad a question. I've read some of this discussion and I think I understand that some of the people involved with the search for Natalee may also be involved with these companies in some way? Is that correct?

For example, if searching for Natalee was a "sidebar" exercise to the Persistence's other purpose in underwater mapping and that other purpose related to these companies and their successes and failures, that would somehow impact the search for Natalee? Is that right?

If the Persistence was begging for money from the public to finance the search for Natalee when all along their deep-sea exploration was being underwritten by one of these companies for the sake of their "other purpose" in being in Aruban waters, then the story about having to give up the Natalee search for lack of funds couldn't be true.

I'm not sure their being underwritten, even if for a different purpose, is necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. If some big company wants to pick up the tab for their own business and along the way it does some good for the search for Natalee, that's not a bad thing.

Where it becomes a bad thing is if these corporate/police/government interests didn't want the real truth about Natalee coming out and so forced an end to the Persistence search as well as absconding with recovered evidence.

And somehow, these financial statements are a series of breadcrumbs (evidence) that will make a trail leading to the individual(s) who were beholden (owed debts/favors) to those corporate/police/government interests.

Am I understanding this right? I'm kind of an airhead about financial statements. I can't even balance a checkbook. I start out every month with x amount of dollars and don't spend more than that x amount. That's the only high finance I understand.   

That's the best way so far to desribe it i think Oldie.If any other Monkey has something to ADD.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: February 09, 2009, 01:39:12 PM »

From what I can tell - Superior Offshore didn't sell out to CalDive - but merely sold a diving system to them (and possibly other assets.........interesting that they only listed 50m in assets at the time of the bankruptcy).

Superior Diving is another company of Shaefer's, I believe there was some consolidating done at a prior time - but it looks to now be a name that is being used more frequently since the bankruptcy of Superior Offshore.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #697 on: February 09, 2009, 01:40:23 PM »

AROIL TRADING
http://www.arubachamber.com/registry/registry_result.afp?KeyValue=33754

Interesting, Glembert own many people on Aruba Money.

Now check also Nelson Oduber, He also has open a bussines, I may recall it was in offshore oil rigging.

AROIL TRADING PARTNERS

Business address L.G. SMITH BLVD. 94, SUITE 310, ORANJESTAD WEST, ARUBA
Legal form OPEN PARTNERSHIP
Name of the company AROIL TRADING V.O.F.
Date of commencement 1 DECEMBER 2004

OWNERS/PARTNERS

CROES, GILBERTO FRANCOIS (JR);
Residing in BORANCANA 20, NOORD, ARUBA
Born in ARUBA on 13 SEPTEMBER 1969
Nationality DUTCH
Position PARTNER
Effective 1 DECEMBER 2004
Authority MANAGING PARTNER

CROES, GLENBERT FRANCOIS;
Residing in CUMANA 84, ORANJESTAD, ARUBA
Born in ARUBA on 5 JULY 1966
Nationality DUTCH
Position PARTNER
Authority PRESIDENT & MANAGING PARTNER

# Whom are the partners of AROIL TRADING?
Because of the fact that we treausure the privacy of our business relationships we don't disclose our partners. We believe this has been one of the reasons for our successes.....protecting our partnerships and partners.

# In which Markets is AROIL TRADING active?
We are active in the U.S., Caribbean, South American, European markets. We are currently entertaining proposals to enter the African and Asian markets.

# What is AROIL TRADING's relationship with the Oil Corporations?
We are partners in the form of Joint Ventures, Consultants and Agents with major Oil Corporations.

If we can connect the Croes AROIL Co. to any of these companies prior to the search,then i think we have something?Monkey's..

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #698 on: February 09, 2009, 01:41:39 PM »

KERMIT.....

AROIL TRADING
http://www.arubachamber.com/registry/registry_result.afp?KeyValue=33754

Interesting, Glembert own many people on Aruba Money.

Now check also Nelson Oduber, He also has open a bussines, I may recall it was in offshore oil rigging.

AROIL TRADING PARTNERS

Business address L.G. SMITH BLVD. 94, SUITE 310, ORANJESTAD WEST, ARUBA
Legal form OPEN PARTNERSHIP
Name of the company AROIL TRADING V.O.F.
Date of commencement 1 DECEMBER 2004

OWNERS/PARTNERS

CROES, GILBERTO FRANCOIS (JR);
Residing in BORANCANA 20, NOORD, ARUBA
Born in ARUBA on 13 SEPTEMBER 1969
Nationality DUTCH
Position PARTNER
Authority MANAGING PARTNER

CROES, GLENBERT FRANCOIS;
Residing in CUMANA 84, ORANJESTAD, ARUBA
Born in ARUBA on 5 JULY 1966
Nationality DUTCH
Position PARTNER
Authority PRESIDENT & MANAGING PARTNER

# Whom are the partners of AROIL TRADING?
Because of the fact that we treausure the privacy of our business relationships we don't disclose our partners. We believe this has been one of the reasons for our successes.....protecting our partnerships and partners.

# In which Markets is AROIL TRADING active?
We are active in the U.S., Caribbean, South American, European markets. We are currently entertaining proposals to enter the African and Asian markets.

# What is AROIL TRADING's relationship with the Oil Corporations?
We are partners in the form of Joint Ventures, Consultants and Agents with major Oil Corporations.

KEEPTHEFAITH

If we can connect the Croes AROIL Co. to any of these companies prior to the search,then i think we have something?Monkey's..

Correction...

MOHANDAS GANDHI
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: February 09, 2009, 01:41:57 PM »

Klaas ... Monkeys

Would somebody please provide me a source/link that relates to the latest happenings in the Kalpoes' defamation lawsuit against Phil McGraw.

Thanks

Janet

Speaking of the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case:

Future Hearings
03/26/2009 at 08:30 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion to Compel (Further Interrogatory Responsesand Production of Documents (4);2) Second Motion to Dismiss andRequest for Terminating Sanctions3) Case Management Conference)

Most recent doc filed:

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.