March 28, 2024, 12:52:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #799 2/5/09 - 2/11/09  (Read 213423 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #760 on: February 09, 2009, 07:22:58 PM »

Some points I've high-lighted that I can't really say that I knew:

http://www.iberianet.com/articles/2007/11/29/news/news/news00.txt

From here to Aruba

BY JEFF MOORE, THE DAILY IBERIAN
Published/Last Modified on Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:37 PM CST
Print this story Email this story Post a Comment
An expedition to search the waters off Aruba for the remains of missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway leaves today from the Port of Iberia.

The research vessel Persistence, owned by the Lafayette-based Silvetti Group, will make the 10-day journey to the island. A 20- to 25-man crew will spend at least two weeks surveying the sea floor for Holloway, who has been missing since May 30, 2005.

Holloway, 18, was last seen leaving a bar with three men hours before she was scheduled to fly home with high school classmates celebrating their graduation.

Advertisement
Last week, police re-arrested the three men, prompting her father to re-launch the search in deep waters.

John Silvetti said his company became involved in the search after he was contacted by Louis Schaefer, chairman of Superior Offshore International. Schaefer had been approached by Texas Equusearch, a non-profit organization that has been searching for Holloway for more than two years.

Schaefer asked Silvetti if he could provide the survey personnel and the geophysical equipment required for the search. After spending a weekend with Schaefer and Pam and Dave Holloway, Silvetti agreed.

“It ripped my heart out to hear them say that right now all they’re looking for is to have a funeral in Alabama,” Silvetti said. “What do you say to someone like that?”

Silvetti agreed to provide his equipment and primary survey vessel at well below cost, with Schaefer covering all out-of-pocket expenses. Silvetti said his staff volunteered its services for the project as well.

“They said ‘You don’t even have to pay me. I just want to help,’” Silvetti said. “That just tells me we’ve got the right people on board.”

Marc Broussard, project manager for the Silvetti Group, said the company normally performs surveys looking for oil rigs and downed helicopters. Now, it will be using its high-resolution SONAR equipment to look for a body.

To upgrade its systems for the terrain in Aruba, Broussard said the Silvetti Group looked to its vendors, two of which are based in New Iberia.

Seatronics, located at the Port of Iberia, agreed to donate some of its high-tech electronic equipment to scan the ocean floor.

“I told (Silvetti) any opportunity that we had to go in on such a good cause, we would go in on it,” said Erik McGuire, vice president of Seatronics Inc.

“We’re more than happy to give the best effort possible to recover this girl for her family.”

Pro Log Inc. also stepped forth to provide a command center building where all of the surveying equipment will be stored. Like many people around the country, Pro Log Human Resources Director Heidi Parker said she has been following Holloway’s disappearance closely.

“We’re a family-owned business, so family is very important to us,” Parker said. “Anything we can do to help this family out is something that we’re going to do.”

After more than two years of searching, Texas Equusearch office manager Cheryl Lawless said she is hoping the organization’s fifth trip to Aruba will be its last. She said the venture would not be possible without the help of Schaefer, Silvetti and the other local companies.

Nothing is being done to gain name recognition. This is to help these people,” Silvetti said. “Most of us have watched this on television, and I can only imagine the horror any parent would go through searching for their child in a foreign country.”

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #761 on: February 09, 2009, 07:34:10 PM »

This is from Forensic Thoughprints:

Kyle wasn't the only person interpreting data from the ROV, note geologist Rob Floyce and Brandon Hernandez of the ROV team.  Wonder what they would have to say about the goings on on that ship?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forensicthoughtprints.com/aruba/default.html:

December 19

On the next morning (December 19), I boarded The Persistence along with Louis Schaffer and Tim Miller and remained aboard for the next 24 hours as they continued to scan the ocean floor. The staff was impressive—capable, bright, and extremely motivated. They worked virtually through the entire night. Clearly this was going to be one quality search effort.

I can't say enough good things about the crew, people like geologists Kyle Kingman and Rob Floyce who interpreted the data along with Brandon Hernandez of the ROV team.

We had several interesting discussions both on deck and in the relatively small galley. At one point, the boat-owner, Capt. John Silvetti (of the J.D. Silvetti Group), expressed his frustration about the lack of an exact description of the missing "crab cage" in which Natalee was likely enclosed. He'd been requesting one for several weeks, and Louis had expressed the identical frustration to me earlier.

From the best reports he could obtain, Tim had determined an approximate cage size. The search team commissioned the construction of a model cage and planned to drop it underwater to obtain as accurate a scan signature as possible to enable quicker identification of the actual cage.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: February 09, 2009, 07:40:52 PM »

Cal Dive Closes First Phase of Asset Purchase with Stolt Offshore     
  Cal Dive International, Inc.      Wednesday, November 02, 2005 

Cal Dive International has closed a transaction to purchase the diving assets of Stolt Offshore that presently operate in the Gulf of Mexico. The assets include: seven diving support vessels, a portable saturation diving system, various general diving equipment and Louisiana operating bases at the Port of Iberia and Fourchon.

The separate purchases of the DB801 and Kestrel will be closed when those assets complete their present work campaigns in Trinidadian waters. The total transaction value for all of the assets will be approximately $123 million. 

Stolt Offshore Wins 6-Year Pipelay Contract from Petrobras     
  Stolt Offshore      Friday, November 18, 2005

Stolt Offshore has been awarded a new contract by Petrobras for a firm period of six years for deepwater flexible pipelay offshore Brazil.
The contract which will commence in January 2007 and is valued at approximately $250 million, will be undertaken by the CS Pertinacia which will be on long-term charter to Stolt Offshore from mid 2006. At the start of the charter period the ship will be converted from her original cable lay configuration to enable her to transport and install up to 2,500 tonnes of flexible flowlines in water depths of up to 2000 meters. The investment in the ship conversion and in project specific equipment will be approximately $55 million.

Related Products   

Introduction to Oil and Gas Joint Ventures

Fundamentals of Oil & Gas Accounting, 4th Edition

Philippe Lamoure, Vice President, South America Region, said, "Following the recent increase in the exploration and production budget for Petrobras, we are now seeing substantial growth in the pace of offshore construction in Brazil. This contract, which is evidence of this market growth, will increase our revenue from the South America region by some 30% without the need to increase our local cost structure." 

You can find more here.....

http://www.rigzone.com/news/company.asp?comp_id=402

OFFSHORE  to Cal Dive to Stolt Offshore to Petrobras, which is a big OIL contract.

Ain't that interesting folks.

And this is the same company that at one time submitted Letter of Intent to purchase the refinery in Aruba that now belongs to Valreo?

I would assume it was the drop in the price of oil that brought that to a halt but do think it remains the best prospect for the purchase of the refinery.

Would a pipeline be laid to connect Petrobras to the refinery in the event the purchase goes through?  Was one anticipated at the time the offer was made? 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: February 09, 2009, 07:45:07 PM »

Does anyone have the date of the Letter of Intent from Petrobras to Valero?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #764 on: February 09, 2009, 07:57:27 PM »

Does anyone have the date of the Letter of Intent from Petrobras to Valero?

The news of Petrobras' interest in the Valero refinery in Aruba hit the press on 4/15/08.  Not sure about the letter of intent.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: February 09, 2009, 07:59:14 PM »

Brazil's energy producer Petrobras on $112.7 billion expansion news 

12 May 2008 

Petroleo Brasileiro SA, or Petrobras, as it's better known, Brazil's state-controlled oil producer, is on a $112.7 billion expansion spree, which may allow Brazil to overtake the output of all OPEC members except Saudi Arabia.

It plans to acquire refineries that may make the company the world's third-largest seller of gasoline and diesel. Additionally, it plans to add 14,000 engineers, geologists and drillers within three years. And finally, it is close to issuing letters of intent for as many as 17 new offshore drilling rigs. Letters of intent are preliminary agreements issued before a final contract is awarded.

A major reason behind this mammoth expansion is the discovery of major oil fields in recent times. The Tupi oil field, in the Santos Basin, is estimated to have a volume of approximately 5 billion to 8 billion barrels, and was discovered in November last year. These estimates catapulted Tupi to the position of the world's largest new oil source since Kashagan in Kazakhstan in 2000. However, Brazil's good fortunes didn't end there.

On 21 January this year, Petrobras announced the discovery of Jupiter, a huge oil field that could equal the Tupi oil field in size. It is located 37 km from Tupi, 5,100 metres below the Atlantic Ocean and around 290 km from Rio de Janeiro. But the biggest fin was yet to come.

On 14 April, the director general of Brazil's National Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuel Agency (ANP), Haroldo Lima, announced that Petrobras discovered a "mega field" of oil and gas at the Santos Basin, in the southeastern Brazilian Coast.

According to Lima, the Carioca field is located near the Tupi field discovered last year. He stated that the new field contains reserves estimated at 33 billion barrels of oil equivalent (petroleum and petroleum gases). This would make it the third largest oil field in the world, with reserves expected to last a century and a half.

As a result of these huge finds, Petrobras is looking to expand its infrastructure to meet processing requirements. This week, investment bank UBS estimated that the Tupi and Carioca finds off Brazil would need about $600 billion to develop, a massive windfall for oilfield services companies all over the world.

CEO Jose Sergio Gabrielli said that the board of directors would be meeting on Tuesday to discuss buying a Valero Energy Corp. plant in Aruba that would boost refining capacity by 14 per cent. He added that the company is also looking for more purchases.

The Aruba plant can process 275,000 barrels of oil a day and includes two delayed coking units, which handle heavy crude similar to the grades in Brazil's offshore deposits. Valero had acquired the plant four years ago for $627 million.

The offshore fields underpin Gabrielli's plan to increase output 79 per cent by 2015 to the equivalent of 4.2 million barrels of oil. If the company maintains its current proportion of crude and natural-gas production, it will have about 3.5 million barrels of oil a day to refine.

Petrobras owns stakes in 18 refineries that process about 2 million barrels of oil a day, or 85 per cent of current output. Comparatively, its two largest competitors, Exxon Mobil and Shell process around 5.6 million barrels and 3.8 million barrels of crude a day.

Petrobras also plans to expand its workforce 23 per cent to about 74,000 to cope with the increased workload. Again, as a comparison, Exxon and Shell have 80,000 and 75,000 employees on their roles respectively.

The company intends to recruit all of its new employees from Brazilian universities and technical schools, said Gabrielli. Petrobras is the company of choice for Brazilian university graduates because it offers training and ''lifetime careers,'' said Guilherme Estrella, who heads the company's exploration and production business. ''That's our tradition at Petrobras, so we have a very good image,'' he told reporters yesterday at an industry conference in Houston.

http://www.domain-b.com/industry/oil_gas/20080512_energy.html

Guess Brazil is where it's at for the future of oil production.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #766 on: February 09, 2009, 10:15:34 PM »

Oh, but CalDive & Superior Offshore had ties all along....I think I get it.     

I was reading back and found these from ya'lls research.

Travis Detke, General Manager of Diving
Cal-Dive International

"I'm enthusiastic about growing this tournament as a means
of supporting the children of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital."

Although Travis was unable to participate this year in the
committee, we thank him for having been such a crucial
part of the success in 2007.

Travis, pronounced Trã-vis, has over 30 years of experience
in the diving and offshore construction industry. We wish
him, his wife and their children the best in their new life in Houston.

http://www.jdsilvetti.com/committee08.html
Credit to Blue Moon for posting this information: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4153.760

Credit to 2NJSons_Mom for posting this information: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4153.780

Screenshot credit Blonde from: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4153.840
Yes it was taken from Dateline Video
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23302471#23302471

HANS MOS aboard the RV PERSISTENCE

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #767 on: February 09, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »

I'm sure that the refinery is going to be sold before January of 2011, because then the tax holiday this refinery enjoys in Aruba expires. That gives Valero some 2.5 years to finalize the sale.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/valero-refinery-30591/index2.html

This is off of a forum but thought it interesting.Kermit.Do you know what the benefits would be in terms of when to sell and not to sell Valero in terms of Taxes?Seems this person understands...

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #768 on: February 09, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »

Kyle posted: FEB 12 We are all holding up well. I just flew back to New Jersey for a much needed break. I've been on the Persistence in Aruba since the 15th of December and will be back on board in about a week amid ROV dives. Things have only just begun to get interesting. We'll likely require a film crew on board for most of the remaining work, so once aired you'll have a lot more information.

Remember, he flew back to the U.S. to "strike a deal" with the networks.

April 3, 2008 -Posted at BFN
I feel the sites are as safe as they can be. All survey data that was collected, other than what was shared with the authorities, is in our possesion. No data has yet to be released, especially target data......locations

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #769 on: February 09, 2009, 10:24:37 PM »

I'm sure that the refinery is going to be sold before January of 2011, because then the tax holiday this refinery enjoys in Aruba expires. That gives Valero some 2.5 years to finalize the sale.

This is off of a forum but thought it interesting.Kermit.Do you know what the benefits would be in terms of when to sell and not to sell Valero in terms of Taxes?Seems this person understands...

There was an agreement signed not that long ago about taxes to try to eliminate or control the tax evasions between Aruba and the U.S. as I recall. However, there is certainly a way around it if your company is American and you merge with another company in another country then your tax liabilities change. I mean that was one of the platforms that McCain's used - American business are moving to other countries so they pay a lot less taxes and he was going to stop that.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #770 on: February 09, 2009, 10:26:59 PM »

Valero sells refinery in second quarter
Monday, March 31, 2008 http://www.amigoe.com/english/
The refinery of Valero in Aruba does no longer fit in the industrial strategy and will be sold in the second quarter of this year.

ORANJESTAD -- Valero Energy Corporation sells the refinery in San Nicolas in the second quarter of this year, confirmed the spokesperson of the biggest American oil-distiller Valero, Bill Day today. It already leaked out earlier that ‘a mainline agreement’ was signed with the Brazilian semi-government company Petrobras.

Day says that the refinery in Aruba does no longer fit in the industrial plan of Valero. “It’s not so that we throw out the foreign establishments. We are also closing an American plant. But with our new strategy, we focus on refineries that are ’big and complex’, and plants that are located on water.” It is not strange that Valero is selling plant, just now that the oil prices are high. “We mark out our market to become stronger. Besides, selling these refineries will yield us a lot of money.”

Valero’s top executive Bill Klesse told American journalists right before the weekend: “Aruba’s number is up, I believe. We have a buyer and everything fits perfect in our plan.” Amigoe learned in December already from very reliable sources that the take-over purchase by Petrobras is a done deal. There was no longer a joint venture – a cooperation agreement – between Valero and Petrobras and the entire refinery is sold. For that matter, the American media reported that the Swiss company Petroplus Holdings AG is also a potential buyer.

What this take-over purchase is going to mean for the employment and the development of the earnings of the employees of the refinery is therefore not clear yet. Neither is known yet whether conditions are going to be attached to the environmental performance of the company, or which products Petrobras is going to refine and for which market.

Prime Minister Nelson Oduber said late last year that the government will state conditions to new buyers. “They must guarantee that they won’t force any dismissals; that the new owner will invest at least 1.5 milliard dollars in the refinery, so that it also produces white products, like gasoline.” The refinery in San Nicolas only produces diesel at this moment, and because of this, there is no chance to fall back on the production of gasoline when the market for diesel diminishes.

So what happened to the deal?Anyone know?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #771 on: February 09, 2009, 10:28:32 PM »

There was an agreement signed not that long ago about taxes to try to eliminate or control the tax evasions between Aruba and the U.S. as I recall. However, there is certainly a way around it if your company is American and you merge with another company in another country then your tax liabilities change. I mean that was one of the platforms that McCain's used - American business are moving to other countries so they pay a lot less taxes and he was going to stop that.

Won't it be difficult to get Aroil Trading partners into this mix Kermit?

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #772 on: February 09, 2009, 10:29:31 PM »

2/10/2009 Awe Mainta Page 21

http://awemainta.com/home/

Google translation:

Justice Aruba lies in its hole MUSTARD AFTER THE MEAL

Following the last very bad developments justice field in Aruba can anyone with only a little sense and a intelligence level of basic school, the conclusion that JUDICIAL the device known When it comes to actually his hole is.  

It is also proved that after most recent visit PG Brewers on Aruba, 3 a 4 suddenly the senior field had to overcome while OM kamt with a huge staff shortages; Ra Ra Ra how could that be?  

You have to let you use or abuse many Arubans note this and not to grieve Your sudden departure sir Mosje.

Aruba is now a Iraq what little justice enforcement , and especially after the very bad case of not just one where the people in the generally very clearly faced with the policy of the OM not equal monks with unequal logging.  

To not even talk about the Natalee Holloway case.  In the early 90 we also had the same situation He was known as that person not just someone, self Minister of Justice and his right PG Jan Zwinkels which was also also urgently needed in all leave after a disastrous policy implications of this.

Hirsh Ballin, Brinkman, Ank Bijleveld Balkenende and screaming miles distant from the cold Aruba to small and accomplices for all those blunders still every day in Aruba take place, I think the boosdoenaar a great name and that is: the Netherlands motherland.  

You afford every day back again and again that this is not may be possible, where wait
Come on you guys?  

Interfere in Suriname and Iraq and god knows what else is your primary task and responsibility, while this sort should be made and prosperity. Everyone goes back to Netherlands and now the guests of OM? When those extradited to America for all the blunders they caused and now with the levant leave.  

I think that after 7 months advocate for justice in a case of a juvenile who still need to study in the abroad but still brightness can not get to a fair and professional investigation where agents guilty to threats, falsification, concealment accurate evidence and the OM in Aruba or judicial silent power for the second times since 2006 has same victim a number of
days for nothing in the tank chairs.  

Brinkman you and your Dutch drivers screaming hard and do nothing? We can but we also prefer to see a healthy policy effective results.

One thing I must do the same give Mr. Brinkman and that is, Jorg himself to given that a lot is Aruba and now shows that it is as always, and perhaps become worse after the departure of Jorg.  

I stay with very friendly greetings, and long live our Queen,

Michael Williams
mac2902@hotmail.com

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #773 on: February 09, 2009, 10:31:37 PM »

The following is an excerpt from a S-1 SEC Filing, filed by SUPERIOR OFFSHORE INTERNA ... on 8/11/2006

From page 2
    We have grown our business by expanding our fleet to capitalize on strong market
    conditions in our core market and intend to expand our operations into the
    deepwater Gulf of Mexico as well as select international markets
. We placed
    three vessels in service in the first half of 2006 and expect to place two
    additional vessels in service by the end of 2006
following upgrades and
    refurbishments. In addition, we have agreed to purchase a newbuild work class
    remotely operated vehicle, or ROV
, and to lease a second newbuild work class ROV
    under an agreement that grants to us an option to buy that ROV. These ROVs will
    be used in place of diving personnel to provide services in water depths up to
    10,000 feet. We expect to place these ROVs in service in the first quarter of
    2007. W
e have also scheduled upgrades to the Superior Endeavour, including the
    installation of a 70-ton heave-compensated crane and other equipment, that wi ll
    allow the vessel to provide deepwater subsea construction support. These ROVs
    and the upgrades to the Superior Endeavour will enable us to provide services in
    water depths up to 10,000 feet, operate in a broader range of regions and expand
    the breadth of services we offer.
    From page 4
    Increasing deepwater activity. Crude oil and natural gas producers are
    increasingly focusing t
heir efforts on more remote deepwater areas
    where geological formations have historically been less explored.
    Driven by technological innovations and an improved commodity price
    environment, deepwater activity has increased significantly in recent
    years. According to Douglas-Westwood Ltd., global spending in water
    depths greater than 500 meters has increased from $8.6 billion in 2002
    to $14.7 billion in 2005, representing a compound annual growth rate
    of 19.6%, and is projected to grow by a compound annual growth rate of
    9.2% from 2005 through 2010, reaching $22.8 billion in 2010.

From page 4
    Rising international offshore activity. Many crude oil and natural gas
    producers have significant operations in international offshore
    regions with large untapped reserves, such as Southeast Asia, West
    Africa and the Middle East. In many international markets, significant

---------------
First Quarter 2007 Results
HOUSTON, May 17, 2007 - Superior Offshore International, Inc. (Nasdaq: DEEP),
a leading provider of subsea construction and commercial diving services on the
outer continental shelf of the Gulf of Mexico, today announced operating results
for the quarter ended March 31, 2007.
<snip>
it said they were pursuing their strategy of expanding into the deep water of the
Gulf and into additional international markets which once again says it was not
a haphazard move to start these
and we are pursuing our strategy of expanding into the deepwater of the Gulf and into
additional international markets, as demonstrated by our significant new project
in Trinidad. We are positioning the Company for growth through the construction
of the Superior Achiever

should be on page 23 on top
of the page
http://securities.stanford.edu/1039/DEEP_01/2008325_o01c_08400.pdf

It appears that John Sivetti Company owns a smaller boat
http://www.jdsilvetti.com/sms.html

Sonsub recently announced it has completed work on PetroCom's FiberWeb system in the Gulf of Mexico. Sonsub worked on about 30 pipeline crossings for the project in water depths up to 700-ft. The company installed concrete mattresses to protect the fiber optic cable crossings over pipelines. The company also performed pipeline location and cable inspection for the project.

Sonsub used a complete marine installation offshore spread consisting of its 100 hp Scorpion 24 ROV system, the Midnight Arrow, new build ROV vessel from Torch and surface and acoustic positioning services from J.D. Silvetti. Sonsub also provided cable maintenance services. FiberWeb is a project to provide high-bandwidth communication capability to fixed platforms in the Gulf. BP partners with CiDRA

In an unrelated announcement, BP has partnered with CiDRA Corp. for the provision of consulting services to integrate fiber optics into deepwater and other developments.

The goal is to undertake the development of new fiber optic products, enhance the capabilities of existing technologies, and integrate multiple, optical technologies for specific applications. Under the agreement, CiDRA will also provide fiber optic monitoring systems. Paul Martins, BP's Head of Well Performance Worldwide, said he sees CiDRA as a leader in a technology that will play a key strategic role in future field developments. He said the partnership was a starting point for routinely integrating fiber optics into well construction.
http://www.offshore-mag.com/display_article/83853/120/ARTCL/none/none/2/Subsea/Surface-Systems/

Superior Offshore International narrows Q3 profit, sinks to 52-week low

Alex Alexandrov  |  Nov 16, 2007 12:36pm EST  |  User Rating N/A

Shares of Superior Offshore International, Inc. (Nasdaq: DEEP) have submerged to a new 52-week low on news after the close on Thursday that provider of subsea construction and commercial diving services narrowed its third-quarter profit.

Net income for the three months ended Sept. 30 was $3.6 million, or $0.14 per share, compared with a net income of $13.7 million, or $0.92 per share, a year earlier. Six analysts polled by Thomson Financial were expecting earnings of $0.30 per share.

The Houston-based company reported that revenues increased 17.2% to $75.5 million, beating Wall Street’s projections of $61.02 million. Revenues in the third quarter of 2006 were $64.4 million.

“During the third quarter of 2007, we realized improved vessel utilization as compared with the first half of the year,” said president and CEO James Mermis in a statement. “All of our dynamically positioned vessels are currently under hire, except for [one], which is in dry dock until early December 2007.”

However, Superior Offshore had to temporarily dry-dock two vessels during the third-quarter, a move which negatively affected its earnings. The company also attributed the profit decline to softening demand for call-out diving services.

Three of Superior Offshore’s vessels are currently involved with British Petroleum’s gas procession platform off the coast of the Caribbean country Trinidad & Tobago. Work on the project is expected to wrap up by the end of 2007.

The third-quarter also saw the company purchase Ocean Flow International, LLC, a subsea engineering and project management firm, for about $15 million. The stock-for-stock transaction is expected to close by the end of November, Superior Offshore said.

At 12:31 p.m. ET, shares of Superior Offshore International (DEEP) had sunk $1.44, or 17%, to $7.16. The previous 52-week low of $8.10 was established on Nov. 15, while the 52-week high of $19.58 was set on May 4.
http://www.smallcapinvestor.com/articles/11162007-superior_offshore_international_narrows_q3_profit_sinks_to_52week_low

FROM THE OFFSHORE VESSESLS:
* The Seamec III, a DP II saturation DSV, is on hire in Trinidad and experienced nearly full utilization during the third quarter. The Company is currently marketing her in Trinidad and is seeking opportunities to keep her utilized in the area after completion of the BP project;

British Petroleum:

Robert (Bob) Malone is BP's chief representative in the United States. He is based in Houston, Texas........... where BP business units are involved in oil and natural gas exploration and production, refining, chemicals, supply and trading, pipeline operations.

At this link: PROJECTS: they are connected on same project:
Superior Offshore, Mat Installation
( MARKEY Model DES-26 )
5,000 water depth

British Petroleum, Marlin Umbilical, and Flow Line
( LUCKER Model 1500 Linear Winch, MARKEY Model DES-26 )
Landed Umbilical and Flow lines to TLP.
3200’ water depth

http://www.thecrossgroup.com/project.aspx

"British Petroleum is a world leader in offshore exploration and development.
http://gov.ns.ca/news/details.asp?id=20001102001

Natural gas pipeline update.(ANGUILLA; ANTIGUA & BARBUDA; ARUBA; BAHAMAS)(Brief Article)
Caribbean Update,  July, 2003 

The U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission approved AES Corp's request to take up to three years to build its US$440 million Ocean Express pipeline, which would ship natural gas from the Bahamas to southeastern Florida, reports Reuters (June 4, 2003):

Under FERC's preliminary approval order issued in April for the 54-mile pipeline, which would transport up to 842 million cubic feet of natural gas a day, AES would have had two years to put the project into service once the agency gave its final final approval. FERC must still review the environmental impact of the pipeline before .
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb6634/is_200307/ai_n26492512

OFFSHORE
These projections for 2007 and 2008 constitute forward-looking statements and are subject to substantial risks and uncertainties. Actual future results could differ materially from these projections as a result of a number of factors, including, but not limited to, our ability to be selected for new projects, the availability of charter vessels on suitable terms, possible shipyard delays, project delays and adverse weather conditions in the Gulf of Mexico as well as other factors described in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Fleet Update:

* The Superior Endeavour, a DP II saturation Dive Support Vessel ("DSV"), returned to service in September 2007 on a saturation diving project in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and began generating revenues in October. It has committed work through December 2007;
    * The Gulmar Condor, a DP II saturation DSV, experienced nearly full utilization during the third quarter of 2007 while working in Trinidad. Installation of a saturation diving system and work-class remotely operated vehicle ("ROV") was completed during the quarter. This vessel has a deepwater heave-compensated crane and is currently being bid on projects that capitalize on synergies that will be provided by Ocean Flow in the deepwater market. She will enable Superior Offshore to secure the track record needed before final commissioning of the Superior Achiever;
    * The Seamec III, a DP II saturation DSV, is on hire in Trinidad and experienced nearly full utilization during the third quarter. The Company is currently marketing her in Trinidad and is seeking opportunities to keep her utilized in the area after completion of the BP project;
    * The Adams Surveyor, a DP II vessel, is currently providing deepwater ROV services in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. This vessel experienced strong utilization during the third quarter, and the Company is negotiating for another ROV vessel to be chartered into the fleet;
    * The Gulmar Falcon, a DP II DSV, returned to service in October 2007 on a saturation diving project in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and began generating revenues in November. She has committed work in the Gulf for the remainder of this year and will come up for re-charter in April 2008. Assuming utilization of its DP assets remains strong as anticipated, Superior Offshore will negotiate a renewal of her charter;
    * The Toisa Puma, a DP II vessel, is in drydock and has not generated any revenues to date. Superior Offshore is currently engaged in a dispute with the vessel's owner regarding the vessel's readiness for its intended use;
    * The Crossmar XIV, an anchored subsea construction barge, is currently on hire in Trinidad and based on weather could see utilization there through the end of this year. The Company is working with its partner, Crossmar, to secure additional work for the vessel, either in Trinidad or the Gulf of Mexico;
    * The Gulf Diver III, V and VI four-point surface diving vessels continued to experience low utilization and declining dayrates due to decreasing demand in the Gulf of Mexico. Superior Offshore is exploring the possibility of moving some of these vessels to locations outside of the Gulf of Mexico. The Company is currently considering several strategic alternatives for the Gulf Diver IV, including refurbishment or sale;
    * Construction of the Superior Achiever, a 430-foot DP III vessel, remains on schedule, with delivery expected in the second half of 2008.
http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=52921

-----------------------------

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #774 on: February 09, 2009, 10:34:41 PM »

Re: Natalee Case Discussion #776 11/19-08
« Reply #597 on: November 20, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »
Last year I missd Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Her B-Day, and our anniversary.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4153.580

VALENTINES DAY is FEB 14th.
Kyle posted: FEB 12 We are all holding up well. I just flew back to New Jersey

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #775 on: February 09, 2009, 10:36:01 PM »

Won't it be difficult to get Aroil Trading partners into this mix Kermit?

I don't know, but it is interesting isn't it.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #776 on: February 09, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »

a couple of these pix are the same as Kyles site ??
which shows Kyle had worked for John before Natalee search, main one being the unsupported pipeline pix and destroyed oil rig
http://www.silvettigroup.com/DataExamples.html
http://geosolutions.blogspot.com/
-------------------------------------
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #777 on: February 09, 2009, 10:48:21 PM »

Valero sells refinery in second quarter
Monday, March 31, 2008 http://www.amigoe.com/english/
So what happened to the deal?Anyone know?

Yes, KTF, it fell through for some reason.

Valero seeking buyers for Aruba site
http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/27889674.html Posted: 09/05/2008 12:00 CDT
Vicki Vaughan - San Antonio Express-News

"Valero Energy Corp. said it will seek other buyers for its Aruba refinery in the Caribbean, as the sale of the plant has stalled, a company official told analysts Thursday.

The sale of the 275,000-barrel-a-day refinery in Aruba “is not dead, but it is at a lull,”
said Gene Edwards, executive vice president for business development, adding the company will start talking with other potential buyers.

Valero had said it hoped to sell the Aruba plant by the end of the second quarter. Petroleo Brasileiro SA, Brazil's state-controlled oil company, was said to be an interested buyer, Bloomberg News has reported.

Valero also has said it's looking to sell its plants in Memphis, Tenn., and in Ardmore, Okla. Interest in those plants has come from smaller companies. But because of an uncertain economy and a credit crunch, a sale of the two refineries “probably isn't going to go forward at this time,” Edwards said.

In remarks at the Lehman Brothers Energy/Power Conference, Valero CEO Bill Klesse said Valero is cutting capital expenditures this year and next.

Valero had said it would spend about $4.5 billion on capital expenditures this year, but now plans to spend $3.7 billion to $3.8 billion.

Next year, Valero, the nation's largest refiner, will spend about $4 billion, down from its planned expenditures of $4.5 billion to $5 billion.

The company has delayed a plan to produce paraxylene, which is used to make plastic fibers, at its St. Charles refinery near New Orleans. Valero hadn't set a timetable for paraxylene production.

It also will delay building a coker that can process heavy crude oils at its Port Arthur plant by one to two years. Valero now plans to bring the unit online closer to 2012 or 2013, when it expects to receive heavy Canadian crude oil from the Keystone pipeline. The pipeline, linking western Canada to terminals near Port Arthur, is being expanded to almost double its capacity.

As part of its long-term strategy, Valero continues to shift production toward fuels that are in demand globally, Klesse said.

In the near term, Valero will shift more production from gasoline to distillates, including diesel fuel. Margins for diesel fuel continue to be strong, he said, and the company will build units at St. Charles and Port Arthur to make more.

About 36 percent of Valero's product yield is now distillates and Klesse expects the total to rise to 40 percent in 2009. Key markets for Valero's distillates continue to be Australia, South America and Europe, he said.

“We continue to be very strong financially,” Klesse told analysts. The company had about $2 billion in cash in July and a credit line that it hasn't tapped.

“With these uncertain times in many of the financial markets,” he said, “we intend to hold more cash than we have in the past.”
Valero's stock fell $1.10 to $33.67 a share in a declining market Thursday. Its shares have lost more than half their value in the last year as its margins have been squeezed."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I believe the last we heard, Valero was going to just allow the refinery to close down rather than invest any more money in it.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #778 on: February 09, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »

Re: Natalee Case Discussion #776 11/19-08
« Reply #597 on: November 20, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »
Last year I missd Christmas, New Years, Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Her B-Day, and our anniversary.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4153.580

VALENTINES DAY is FEB 14th.
Kyle posted: FEB 12 We are all holding up well. I just flew back to New Jersey

I don't think Kyle has any sense of the truth.  POS.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:51:52 PM by San » Logged

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #779 on: February 09, 2009, 11:04:01 PM »

Hi San, Magnolia and Keepthefaith.

Janet
8:05 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.