April 28, 2024, 12:15:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #103 4/04/09 - 4/07/09  (Read 240661 times)
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1800 on: February 07, 2009, 09:46:57 AM »

Ok, I've been debating about posting this, but it's bugging me.  I really like the candle and pink balloons idea.  I was thinking that if all of the monkeys who really care for Caylee could get together and hold their own service, everyone welcome, all about Caylee, how great that would be. Of course, that's impossible. But then I was wondering if we could have a memorial thread here, where all monkeys so inclined could post photos of their pink balloons rising into the sky--in the forests, along the beach, in the city, near the mountains. It would make me happy to see those photos and know how deeply she was loved in so many places.  Kind of a dorky idea.

But then this was pushing my buttons a bit. I lost someone I loved dearly about 15 months ago, and this brought back some levels of grief I thought I had moved beyond.  Plus, my spiritual life tends to be more internal and I'm not used to expressing things outwardly so much.

So, thanks for listening, but I just wish there were a way to memorialize Caylee with no strife, no hope for profit, and no media circus.

G O O D   M O R N I N G   M O N K E Y S!      

I just got here, but wanted to bump this up and make a comment...BlurryMonkey, I think it's a sensational idea!  This case and this family have pushed many buttons for me.  I know this sounds bad...but I hope that church is empty.  Caylee's spirit won't be there so I don't think there is any "closure" to be gained...this is Cindyfest 2009! 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1801 on: February 07, 2009, 09:50:27 AM »

Nancy Grace will be attending, and there was mention of a special for this. 
Good Morning everyone, thanks for the links, NG will be attending, how did she get on the special list?
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1802 on: February 07, 2009, 09:50:58 AM »

Good Morning everyone, thanks for the links, NG will be attending, how did she get on the special list?

By brown-nosing.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1803 on: February 07, 2009, 09:52:13 AM »

By brown-nosing.
She must be great at it, cause the Anthonys don't like Nancy.
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1804 on: February 07, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »

By brown-nosing.

Maybe they've changed their mind since she's become a major Cindy sympathizer lately - she's driving me NUTS!!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1805 on: February 07, 2009, 10:02:06 AM »

By brown-nosing.
[/quote

Don't you think someone will be taking pictures?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1806 on: February 07, 2009, 10:02:35 AM »

By brown-nosing.

Maybe they've changed their mind since she's become a major Cindy sympathizer lately - she's driving me NUTS!!

yes, she sure changes her  mind a lot on where her loayalities lie.  I for one, can do without her bringing more crud to the memorial.  mio
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1807 on: February 07, 2009, 10:03:08 AM »

Ok, here's a question. Will any LE show up? Will they be allowed in? If not, what will the public reaction be?

Oh geez...you are right...probably persona non grata there.  How can you be "grieving" and be so worried about petty BS?
[/size]

May I propose this as "quote of the day"?
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1808 on: February 07, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »

By brown-nosing.
[/quote

On the show last night, on the bottom where they have the breaking news...there was mention of it....SPECIAL ON TUESDAY, but I think it is around 11AM. 

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1809 on: February 07, 2009, 10:11:15 AM »

Ok, I've been debating about posting this, but it's bugging me.  I really like the candle and pink balloons idea.  I was thinking that if all of the monkeys who really care for Caylee could get together and hold their own service, everyone welcome, all about Caylee, how great that would be. Of course, that's impossible. But then I was wondering if we could have a memorial thread here, where all monkeys so inclined could post photos of their pink balloons rising into the sky--in the forests, along the beach, in the city, near the mountains. It would make me happy to see those photos and know how deeply she was loved in so many places.  Kind of a dorky idea.

But then this was pushing my buttons a bit. I lost someone I loved dearly about 15 months ago, and this brought back some levels of grief I thought I had moved beyond.  Plus, my spiritual life tends to be more internal and I'm not used to expressing things outwardly so much.

So, thanks for listening, but I just wish there were a way to memorialize Caylee with no strife, no hope for profit, and no media circus.

G O O D   M O R N I N G   M O N K E Y S!      

I just got here, but wanted to bump this up and make a comment...BlurryMonkey, I think it's a sensational idea!  This case and this family have pushed many buttons for me.  I know this sounds bad...but I hope that church is empty.  Caylee's spirit won't be there so I don't think there is any "closure" to be gained...this is Cindyfest 2009! 

I have to mention something because the timing of my reading this is so bizarre!  I just sat down to read while putting together a grocery list, and I had just written the first item down as I started reading these posts.  What's the first item on my list? 

BALLOONS!!

I can't say that I've ever had balloons on my grocery list before.  Wow.

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1810 on: February 07, 2009, 10:15:54 AM »

Morning, Flossy....don't you just love that kind of stuff?  Coincidence...?
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1811 on: February 07, 2009, 10:17:17 AM »

Morning, Flossy....don't you just love that kind of stuff?  Coincidence...?

Actually, I DO love that kind of stuff!  I think "coincidences" always happen for a reason, too.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1812 on: February 07, 2009, 10:19:14 AM »

By brown-nosing.
[/quote

On the show last night, on the bottom where they have the breaking news...there was mention of it....SPECIAL ON TUESDAY, but I think it is around 11AM. 

Thanks for the info Grama. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1813 on: February 07, 2009, 10:23:48 AM »

Good morning all!  I've just been lurking.  Can we fast forward to Wednesday?  I'm so tired of hearing about the Memorial Service.  I believe people can memorialize in their own way and really no need to attend the service.  I wish alot of people will stay away from this Media event.  I also think that GA, CA and Lee need to be put in the bleachers or in an adjoining room to deflect attention as I believe that's what CA is wanting.  If they pass around collection plates that will be the last straw for me!
mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1814 on: February 07, 2009, 10:24:27 AM »

Consider releasing butterflies rather than balloons if in an area which prohibits balloon release, or there is significant concern over sea life, etc... In Hawaii, we suggest www.butterfliesoverhawaii.com . The owner of Butterflies Over Hawaii is a man named Art, a very friendly man, who shares his love of butterflies and the Hawaiian Islands with customers.

What are balloons made of?
There are basically two types of balloons, foil balloons and latex
balloons. The foil balloons (often referred to as Mylar), are a
bladder made of nylon that is covered with a layer of aluminum that
is 0.0015 of an inch thick. Latex balloons are made from the sap of
rubber trees - a completely natural substance.

Are latex balloons biodegradable?
Yes. Latex is the product of rubber tree sap, it breaks down when
exposed to the elements of nature.

How long does it take for a balloon to biodegrade?
Oxidation is the first step in the breakdown of a latex balloon and
it begins within approximately one hour of inflation. Oxidation is
visible in some types of balloons as a cloudy appearance. This is
most evident when the balloon is exposed to direct sunlight, heat or
normal outdoor conditions.

Research was carried out in July 1989 with a variety of balloons
under various conditions to accurately gauge the time needed for the  latex to degrade. Results from this study indicate that the
decomposition time for balloons is about the same rate as an oak leaf (6 months).

What happens when a balloon is released?
A scientific survey carried out in 1989 revealed that on release a
balloon will float up to a height of approximately 5 miles and then
it becomes brittle and shatters into miniscule pieces falling back to  earth at a rate of circa one piece every 5 square miles. Problems  can arise when a balloon is not inflated properly or fully or is  carrying too much weight and therefore does not reach the height at  which shattering occurs. This situation causes a potential danger to  wildlife and the environment.

What can I do to reduce this risk?
The Balloon Industry has produced a Code of Conduct, with input from leading environmental organizations; you should follow this advice to the letter.

(as I am a friend to the environment, I hope this will help us all understand some dangers ballons have, and how to overcome those dangers.  mio)

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1815 on: February 07, 2009, 10:25:05 AM »

Conway made a comment about one song that is going to be played at the memorial, I'm sure it will be You Are My Sunshine. If it is that song, and you are supporting your daughter, why in the world would you play that song, the last song I'm sure Caylee got to sing before her mother murdered her? Is Cindy trying to get more people mad, because when you see Caylee singing that song it makes a person realize even more what a horrible evil woman Casey is, it brings tears to most people to realize what a beautiful little girl, and hours later she was killed. I can't figure the logic in this.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1816 on: February 07, 2009, 10:26:51 AM »

Good morning all!  I've just been lurking.  Can we fast forward to Wednesday?  I'm so tired of hearing about the Memorial Service.  I believe people can memorialize in their own way and really no need to attend the service.  I wish alot of people will stay away from this Media event.  I also think that GA, CA and Lee need to be put in the bleachers or in an adjoining room to deflect attention as I believe that's what CA is wanting.  If they pass around collection plates that will be the last straw for me!
And the sad part is I'm sure a lot of people are only going to stare at the Anthonys, and to see if there is going to be trouble.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1817 on: February 07, 2009, 10:27:15 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey0709feb07,0,7214847.story
Mystery spokesman in Casey Anthony case baffles legal experts: Will he help or hurt?
Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
February 7, 2009

<snipped>
Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, did not respond to multiple requests for a comment.
It's a curious element to the case for legal experts such as Bob Jarvis, a professor at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale who teaches legal ethics and law and popular culture.
"I don't know why you would ever have anyone on your team, whether it's attorneys, paralegals, spokespeople . . . who was tainted.
"Because the last thing you need is to introduce more distractions and make your client's case more of a circus than it already is," Jarvis said.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1818 on: February 07, 2009, 10:30:24 AM »

Caylee Anthony service to feature sad song, heavy security
posted by halboedeker on Feb 6, 2009 5:30:00 PM
Discuss This: Comments (10) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
Security will be tight at Caylee Anthony's memorial service on Tuesday, a family attorney warned during a Friday news conference.

"I don't want anybody disrupting this little girl's service," said Brad Conway, attorney for grandparents George and Cindy Anthony. "That's the most important thing that I've got to emphasize. She deserves dignity and respect, and she's gonna get it."

Conway had few details on the service. But WFTV-Channel 9's Kathi Belich reported that Conway said that it could last two hours and "we will hear one song that will break all of our hearts, and he won't tell us what it is." 

Conway knew few details because Cindy Anthony is keeping the rundown to herself, WESH-Channel 2's Amanda Ober reported. There's a list of people who won't be admitted, Ober said, adding that Conway hinted that bounty hunter Leonard Padilla won't be welcome.

WESH anchor Jim Payne observed: "The other big nugget that came out of this [news conference], at least one of them, was that there have been some threats against the Anthonys, and their security team will be there."

And what of Casey Anthony, who is charged with daughter Caylee's murder? WKMG-Channel 6 Adam Longo reported that no formal request has been made to the jail to see if Casey can watch the televised service. "It [the request] may come today or sometime next week," Longo said.

On that point, WESH anchor Martha Sugalski read a statement from corrections spokesman Allen Moore: "Just because it is allowed under policy doesn't mean that she will be able to view the event on television if a request is made."   

The service will start at 10 a.m. Tuesday at First Baptist Church of Orlando. Doors will open at 8 a.m. because the family expects standing room only at the church that seats 5,000, WESH's Ober reported.

The Anthonys probably will not speak at the service, WKMG's Longo said. Anonymous donors, friends of the family, will pick up some of the service's costs that the church won't cover, Long said.

Conway said there will be a video pool and a photography pool to cover the service. He listed what won't be allowed: cameras, phones, pocketbooks, backpacks. The toddler's remains won't be at the service and will remain at the funeral home.

WFTV's Belich said of the service, "The Anthonys want Caylee to get the heartfelt goodbye she deserves."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/02/conwaydoors-will-probably-open-sooner-than-9-am-maybe-even-8security-will-be-tight-conway-said-i-dont-want-anybody-dis.html

~ Peter Frampton
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1819 on: February 07, 2009, 10:32:40 AM »

And the sad part is I'm sure a lot of people are only going to stare at the Anthonys, and to see if there is going to be trouble.
True.  I also hope that the media doesn't buy the pics that Baez is trying to see to raise $ for Casey's defense.  We have enough pics.  I thought it was strange that the pics mentioned would be of Casey with Caylee.  Why would we want to see pics of Casey?  I've seen enough of her.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.