June 03, 2024, 09:09:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #15 2/5 - 2/6/09  (Read 173472 times)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2009, 02:02:34 AM »

Wendi's offline. I hope she will get some help in this situation and break free from this. 

You are in my prayers, Wendi!

She will be in mine as well....good night monkeys!

Good night Leroy!! 

I know your sig line but I can't think of what movie it comes from!!
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2009, 02:05:36 AM »

I have been through this with a friend, and when she stopped trying and stopped caring - she became sooooo much happier!!  In fact, before long her mom even started to respect her some.  But truthfully her mom is still a jerk because she still a bitter woman - who truly hates herself!! 

Distancing yourself from the person, just stepping back, can help.  And every person has the right to defend themself from this kind of thing.

Detatch is the word I am looking for.  Sometimes we just have to.

Yep that is the perfect word....I had to do that with my father and at first it hurt me to even think about not having him in my life at all....but I soon realized that the pain I have about him not being in my life is nothing compared to the pain I had when he was in my life.  It just takes that happening first for you to realize it.  And it is one of those things that is easier said than done.

Wendi has a long road ahead of her but with some help and alot of faith she will make it through this!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2009, 02:05:48 AM »

Taken from last thread - CBB posted;

Oh, mytime it was drama queen, center stage! Something like a weak chant. It started out with

Post 1:
I'm tired

Post 2:
My head

Post 3:
My head hurts

Post 4:
Where am I?

Post 5:
Mom, please come get me. I want to go home.

Sorry, I had to bring this over - I am just in shock!  Did she have candles going too?
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2009, 02:06:44 AM »

Hotshot just curious did you review Dayhiker aka Hiker's book too?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A2WJVYS8S38EYZ
Hotshot's book reviews.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2009, 02:07:55 AM »

Wendi's offline. I hope she will get some help in this situation and break free from this. 

Good night Leroy!! 

Nite Mytime!

It is from Dirty Dancing....my all time favorite movie!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2009, 02:10:46 AM »

Good night Leroy!! 

Nite Mytime!

It is from Dirty Dancing....my all time favorite movie!

Oh thank you - that was drivng me crazy!!  Love that movie too!!  Night!!
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2009, 02:17:22 AM »

wendi if you make it over here, we are all praying for you...........

Thank you Islandmonkey, i just feel like a failure! i have honestly never been mean to anyone or an animal. my probablem is i feel like God has been to good to me! BUT, if your mom hates you, there must be something wrong with me. please everything will be okay, but i don't feel like i can do this much longer. i LOVE my niece so much, but i'm not sure if i should give her more time to remember me. she's only 6. i am so sorry, i am not saying i am going to do anything but i am so tired & i know it will get better, BUT i can't cope with my mom telling me how much she hates me & i ruined her life.
Thank you so much islandmonkey, you are a wonderful mother!!!!!!

huggs, wendi

Oh Wendi, don't listen to anyone who tells you you are a failure (or whatever negative message they're spewin).  Cbb is absolutely right--its not about you--its about your mother.

Here's the way I look at it:  if someone isn't building you up and making you smile, or isn't helping you one way or another (especially emotionally), isn't your soft place to fall, head on down the road.  What a lie.  You can find loving people who will smile and hug you if you need it, folks who will be happy to hear from you every time you call, folks who will love you as if you are their own blood kin.

No one has a right to tell you that you caused their life to be ruined--let alone a mother.  I'm sorry to sound mean, but a "mother" who says to their child that he/she has "ruined" her life imho is just plain psychologically abusive. If my mom had said such a thing to me I would have been crushed so I can imagine how sad you feel when she says it and when that lie plays over and over in your head.

If you hear that nasty statement come into your brain, do what's called "thought stopping".  Its just re-direction of your thoughts.  Something negative comes in, you stop the thought and contemplate something that is a pleasing one.  Join that up w/an activity--something that bolsters your good feelings and self-esteem.  Don't let anyone chip away at your self-esteem with their cruel words.  Folks like that are insensitive, insecure bullies who don't deserve the gift of your time, let alone "mind share".

The good news is that you are reaching out.

I'd like to add my outstretched hand to you.  Together w/other monkeys we'll go swinging through the trees. 

Foggy
crazybabyborg
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2009, 02:25:58 AM »

Oh, mytime it was drama queen, center stage! Something like a weak chant. It started out with

Post 1:
I'm tired

Post 2:
My head

Post 3:
My head hurts

Post 4:
Where am I?

Post 5:

Sorry, I had to bring this over - I am just in shock!  Did she have candles going too?

Um hum!

I can just imagine how she's scrambling to cover that now, because I'm sure some "guests" here have seen it.

"OH! I can't believe they would belittle my "gift". It's their ignorance!

Well I'm here to tell all the guests that the source of all spiritual gifts has Natalee by the hand, and she's not scared, or in pain, or longing to be anywhere other than where she is. Whatever "spirit" Destiny was acting on came from within herself and her pathetic need to draw attention to herself. As I said, when the likes of Destiny, who exploited Natalee and the tragedy of this case to feed her over inflated ego,  is a moderator on a forum, don't ever tell me that forum is about Natalee. 

If they can't figure her out, it doesn't surprise me they can't figure out the trap!

OHM.................OHM.....................OHM........................       
crazybabyborg
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2009, 02:31:20 AM »

You know, if I can find it, I may just post that "conversation". I remember it was at the end of a thread, because I posted on the new one after I had calmed down a little my 2 cents. The whole thing just infuriated me.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2009, 02:33:37 AM »

Post 1:
I'm tired

Post 2:
My head

Post 3:
My head hurts

Post 4:
Where am I?

Post 5:

Um hum!

I can just imagine how she's scrambling to cover that now, because I'm sure some "guests" here have seen it.

"OH! I can't believe they would belittle my "gift". It's their ignorance!

Well I'm here to tell all the guests that the source of all spiritual gifts has Natalee by the hand, and she's not scared, or in pain, or longing to be anywhere other than where she is. Whatever "spirit" Destiny was acting on came from within herself and her pathetic need to draw attention to herself. As I said, when the likes of Destiny, who exploited Natalee and the tragedy of this case to feed her over inflated ego,  is a moderator on a forum, don't ever tell me that forum is about Natalee. 

If they can't figure her out, it doesn't surprise me they can't figure out the trap!

OHM.................OHM.....................OHM........................       

WOW CBB - you go gurllllll!!   

Hope she doesn't make vodoo dolls - LOL   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2009, 02:40:29 AM »

I know, mytime! I feel myself getting angry all over again when I think about it! I get protective of Natalee's memory and her family! They've just been through too much to be made victim again by that kind of pathetic crap.

What is Hotshot's name over there? I didn't see any screenshots of her posts in the slideshow...
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2009, 02:48:02 AM »

Oh, Leroy, you guys see Klaas working most of the time! She's a master of the one liners!

Part of what has been put in place here keeps posters safe, but it does create a LOT of work for Klaas. If I had a nickle for everytime I've asked her to put in an avatar, I'd have a lot of money!! 

CBB, I haven't been posting here long and certainly spend more time reading than writing.

I had some "extry" time tonight and slipped over on prev "Musings" thread. 

With all due respect to all who wrote there and are/were members of other forums that trash anyone I have this to say: water seeks its own level/ and you are judged by the company you keep.

I don't like trash talk about folks.  And it is a good thing for people to remember that sometimes libel and slander are actionable if the words written or spoken are lies and the subject (victims) reputation is damaged.  Frankly I find it amazing that adults would engage in such hurtful and childish behavior but to me trash talkers are cruel, inherently insecure individuals.  Unfortunately, they leave a swath of folks behind them that aren't necessarily thick-skinned.

As re loyalty?  Well, I think the term is lost on some.  In my life I've noticed that many people like the four winds doth blow.  I don't hitch my wagon to just anyone any more than I trust that a mythical Joe Blow'll stick up for me despite the myriad posts in which he appears to love me. 

I didn't want to re-ignite anything from last thread, but it was closed before I had a chance to post (thought it'd go to 100  ).

I've been treated very kindly here, thank you--mostly by Klaasend.  She's helped me many times when I had no clue what I was doing, so it really made me smile when you wrote your piece. 

Foggy

Foggy - No disrespect - but judging others is no to a way to heal a situation!!  JMO

I'm sorry but I don't "get" your point.   

I thought it was clear that I'd been reading previous thread re. all the "stuff" that had been posted re. SM, SM mods et al on two other forums, some members were here and "there" and such.   Big deal.

Sorry, but I'm sick to death of trash talkers.  I think the 'net has allowed closet bullies to emerge and get their ya-yaahs out.  I'm just attempting to point out that once one hits send or post on their computer, one's words are "out" there for all to see. 

Some day folks will realize that their internet persona is as reflective of them as their real one is.  That's why I attempt to be cool ( ).

My remarks are meant to be musings...ethics questions that came into my mind while reading there rather than about specific issues re. two other forums about which I have no personal knowlege. 

I cannot abide bullies.  And you've already read what I think of trash talk about individuals (I hope).

Foggy 

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2009, 02:51:07 AM »

I know, mytime! I feel myself getting angry all over again when I think about it! I get protective of Natalee's memory and her family! They've just been through too much to be made victim again by that kind of pathetic crap.

What is Hotshot's name over there? I didn't see any screenshots of her posts in the slideshow...

I know - that is so sick!!

CBB - I really have no idea what her name was over there!!  I honestly did not pay that much attention to much!!  I don't even know if I a member, members or MEMBER!!  That was all news to me!!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2009, 02:55:12 AM »

Oh, Leroy, you guys see Klaas working most of the time! She's a master of the one liners!

Part of what has been put in place here keeps posters safe, but it does create a LOT of work for Klaas. If I had a nickle for everytime I've asked her to put in an avatar, I'd have a lot of money!! 

ITA!!!! 

CBB, I haven't been posting here long and certainly spend more time reading than writing.

With all due respect to all who wrote there and are/were members of other forums that trash anyone I have this to say: water seeks its own level/ and you are judged by the company you keep.

I don't like trash talk about folks.  And it is a good thing for people to remember that sometimes libel and slander are actionable if the words written or spoken are lies and the subject (victims) reputation is damaged.  Frankly I find it amazing that adults would engage in such hurtful and childish behavior but to me trash talkers are cruel, inherently insecure individuals.  Unfortunately, they leave a swath of folks behind them that aren't necessarily thick-skinned.

As re loyalty?  Well, I think the term is lost on some.  In my life I've noticed that many people like the four winds doth blow.  I don't hitch my wagon to just anyone any more than I trust that a mythical Joe Blow'll stick up for me despite the myriad posts in which he appears to love me. 

I didn't want to re-ignite anything from last thread, but it was closed before I had a chance to post (thought it'd go to 100  ).

I've been treated very kindly here, thank you--mostly by Klaasend.  She's helped me many times when I had no clue what I was doing, so it really made me smile when you wrote your piece. 

Foggy

Foggy - No disrespect - but judging others is no to a way to heal a situation!!  JMO

I thought it was clear that I'd been reading previous thread re. all the "stuff" that had been posted re. SM, SM mods et al on two other forums, some members were here and "there" and such.   Big deal.

Sorry, but I'm sick to death of trash talkers.  I think the 'net has allowed closet bullies to emerge and get their ya-yaahs out.  I'm just attempting to point out that once one hits send or post on their computer, one's words are "out" there for all to see. 

Some day folks will realize that their internet persona is as reflective of them as their real one is.  That's why I attempt to be cool ( ).

My remarks are meant to be musings...ethics questions that came into my mind while reading there rather than about specific issues re. two other forums about which I have no personal knowlege. 

I cannot abide bullies.  And you've already read what I think of trash talk about individuals (I hope).

Foggy 

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2009, 02:56:14 AM »

ITA!!!! 

Foggy

Foggy 

ITA!!   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2009, 03:02:06 AM »

I know - that is so sick!!

CBB - I really have no idea what her name was over there!!  I honestly did not pay that much attention to much!!  I don't even know if I a member, members or MEMBER!!  That was all news to me!!

Do you want me to call MrsK and ask her??   
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2009, 03:35:06 AM »

CBB- I found the thread!!!!!!  (July 14, 2008)
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2009, 03:56:14 AM »

Hi Bearly!  Is there anyway you can "buzz" CBB? 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2009, 04:36:34 AM »

CBB - I found the thread and all I can say is  !!!!

Mytime!!

P.S. - I think I need to go to the feeling thread and express my feelings!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2009, 04:44:49 AM »

pgs. 39-46

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3045.900

Dang, guys! I searched through 188 pages of posts to find that and you all have had it forever!! 

My post is in response to Wreck's on the next thread. I chewed my lip while it was going on.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.