April 16, 2024, 01:27:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #104 2/07/09 - 2/10/09  (Read 249165 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #440 on: February 08, 2009, 07:17:28 PM »

I am no lawyer, but if this were the case, Sarah Palin would own the world. Just sayin. She would own NBC because of Tina Fey and SNL and she would own every late night talk show host, all the MSN. Can some smart monkey help me out here and explain if I am wrong? TIA JSM
JSM, I'm supposed to be working right now (darn home businesses- why don't people make their furnaces die on the weekdays???) so shout out to me later and I'll do some research on this.k Off the top of my head, I think damages have to be incurred in order for the libel charge to stand.
Sorry Tevye, go back to work. I was just kind of confused, but damages were made to Sarah Palin, her family, her new baby, etc. That is why I was so confused. Thanks for helping me out with this! JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: February 08, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »

I am no lawyer, but if this were the case, Sarah Palin would own the world. Just sayin. She would own NBC because of Tina Fey and SNL and she would own every late night talk show host, all the MSN. Can some smart monkey help me out here and explain if I am wrong? TIA JSM
Corrected by me. Should say MSM, I should learn to type better. 

Actually, because Sarah Palin was a public figure the proof of malice is WAY higher - that is why people get away with making fun of celebrities. Wonder if CinCin qualifies now?
Thanks Boyzmom. Why is there a difference, public vs private? I didn't read the whole story that was posted but wasn't one of the people a judge or a doctor or something. Wouldn't that be a "public" person. Cindy is PUBLIC now since she has been on every morning show, NG, GVS, etc? Can she sue me cause I think she has a mushroom head? Can KC sue me cause I say she is a slore? Can Lee sue me cause I made fun of his knee socks and shorts? If so, let them sue me! If they win, they can get all my assets. I have a dog that hey definately will not want, I have a car that is falling apart and that is about it! I say bring it on Cindy.   
[/quote] LOL. THX for the laugh. I have a home equity loan they can have, besides the mortgage.
[/quote]  They would probably take it! As dumb as Cindy is, she probably would think she has a new house to live in!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: February 08, 2009, 07:24:02 PM »

Actually, because Sarah Palin was a public figure the proof of malice is WAY higher - that is why people get away with making fun of celebrities. Wonder if CinCin qualifies now?
Thanks Boyzmom. Why is there a difference, public vs private? I didn't read the whole story that was posted but wasn't one of the people a judge or a doctor or something. Wouldn't that be a "public" person. Cindy is PUBLIC now since she has been on every morning show, NG, GVS, etc? Can she sue me cause I think she has a mushroom head? Can KC sue me cause I say she is a slore? Can Lee sue me cause I made fun of his knee socks and shorts? If so, let them sue me! If they win, they can get all my assets. I have a dog that hey definately will not want, I have a car that is falling apart and that is about it! I say bring it on Cindy.   
[/quote]

Cheer up JSM.  If your step dad the doctor said its nothing, don't worry.  I think you have to worry if the intervals are long, not short.  I think a large part of your problem is nerves.  Did your dr. prescribe such a low dose of your medicine?  If not, take what he told you to.  I think I'll sue you so I can take Josef.  I love that dog. Come on. Say something bad about me.  LOL
[/quote] I'm cheered Babybear. He says it's nothing, but I don't know if that was just to get my mom to be quiet and leave me alone. He has a way with smoothing things over in a good way. The man is a saint. I can't say anything bad about you except you love Josef. That must mean you are crazy! LOL. So sue me!  I'm glad you love my baby, if something happens to me I will leave him to you in my will! (along with my debts!) 

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: February 08, 2009, 07:26:12 PM »

Hello, everybody!  Way behind reading, but wanted to post a question.  Wouldn't Cindy/George legally need a restraining order or an order of protection to prevent an individual or individuals from attending a public event?  Wouldn't they have to prove to a judge that said person(s) had committed or threatened to commit a physical act of violence against them, in order to obtain such an order?  Wouldn't they have had to file a police report to document said threats, prior to obtaining that order?
Sorry to post and run, but I have some work to do.  BBL to finish reading.  Looking forward to your posts, as usual.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #444 on: February 08, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »

WHEN WILL THEY ARREST LEE AND THE OTHERS FOR LYING

Lying is ordinarily not against the law.  Only lying under oath is illegal.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: February 08, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »

Cheer up JSM.  If your step dad the doctor said its nothing, don't worry.  I think you have to worry if the intervals are long, not short.  I think a large part of your problem is nerves.  Did your dr. prescribe such a low dose of your medicine?  If not, take what he told you to.  I think I'll sue you so I can take Josef.  I love that dog. Come on. Say something bad about me.  LOL
[/quote] I'm cheered Babybear. He says it's nothing, but I don't know if that was just to get my mom to be quiet and leave me alone. He has a way with smoothing things over in a good way. The man is a saint. I can't say anything bad about you except you love Josef. That must mean you are crazy! LOL. So sue me!  I'm glad you love my baby, if something happens to me I will leave him to you in my will! (along with my debts!) 
[/quote]

In that case I won't be getting Josef because nothing is going to happen to you.  Your step dad wouldn't have said that if he thought it was anything serious, he'd call one of his cardiologist friends and get you in the hospital immediately.  Doctors can do stuff like that you know.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #446 on: February 08, 2009, 07:40:43 PM »

Good afternoon all

Does anybody remember the movie title that KC rented that had so many similarities with the murder, the duct tape, nanny, body in the trunk etc.  ???

I can't see why that shouldn't be the comparison, rather than the Fugitive. 

TIA
I watched "Untraceable" last night.  I rented it because it was one of the movies crazy rented the night it is believed she killed little Caylee.

If you haven't watched this, you really should, and if you have, watch it again since if it's been a while.  There is NO WAY an innocent person could sit through this movie having "accidentally" killed their child. 
katiekatie2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #447 on: February 08, 2009, 07:44:02 PM »

akromom
well said  said you got it.. those nuts got in down to a science
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #448 on: February 08, 2009, 07:47:52 PM »

Hello everyone!  I haven't had an opportunity to post in a long time .. . Just wanted to say Hi to my monkey friends!!

Karen

Hi Sparky !! I'm behind as usual

What was posted here as the Eulogy ?? WFTV is referring to it as the obituary ?? Is there a difference ?

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #449 on: February 08, 2009, 07:49:46 PM »

Maybe the question should then be:

WHEN WILL THEY ARREST LEE AND THE OTHERS FOR OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE???

BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #450 on: February 08, 2009, 07:50:18 PM »

You know, besides every other crazy thing about this memorial....I've watched memorials and funerals on TV.  Famous people, 911, etc.  I cannot think of any that were 2 hours long.  What in the world will be said and done that would possibly take that long??  Minor thing, I know in all of this, but I cannot even imagine.
Let's see, an hour to get everyone through the metal detectors, twenty minutes for the pastor to tell everyone how much the anthony's loved Caylee, five minutes for Conway to thank a few people (ok, KidFinders) for all they've done and another five minutes to proclaim the anthony's innocence and maybe throw in a good word for Crazy.  That still leaves thirty minutes to pass the collection jar and tell everyone to be sure and stop by the carnival tents for some memorabilia to make sure the anthony's never have to work again.

Gee..O4...You didn't tell us you wrote the program for this.  Such a talented monkey you are!
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #451 on: February 08, 2009, 07:51:05 PM »

Hello everyone!  I haven't had an opportunity to post in a long time .. . Just wanted to say Hi to my monkey friends!!

Karen

What was posted here as the Eulogy ?? WFTV is referring to it as the obituary ?? Is there a difference ?

oops...forgot the link http://www.wftv.com/news/18667721/detail.html

Cindy Anthony Writes Obituary For Caylee Marie
Sunday, February 8, 2009 – updated: 7:41 pm EST February 8, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- In an obituary, the grandmother of slain toddler Caylee Anthony says the child's life didn't end "without a purpose" (read full obituary).
<SNIP>

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
canadagirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #452 on: February 08, 2009, 07:54:47 PM »

Howdy Monkey Friends! 

I saw this on youtube and thought I would share, I don't think I have seen it posted here yet and if it has ... sorry for the repeat.

Caylee Marie Song (mp3 version)

Alex Ceruzzi from Canton, Georgia is the composer of the words and music and Alex's email address is: aceruzzi1@windstream.net for those of you who would like to contact Alex with your reaction to the beautiful song Alex wrote for Caylee. Alex offered the song to the Anthony family for the Memorial, unfortunalty the song will not be included in the Memorial for Caylee.on Tues., 2/10/09

I don't have a lot of pictures of Caylee to put with Alex's song, but did my best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=belwGLuwDJk

*Sorry but I don't know how to post it so that the video itself will show up in my post! 

WOW  This is really beautiful.   Alex is so talented.  Thanks for posting.
blurrymonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #453 on: February 08, 2009, 08:00:28 PM »

Good evening monkeys,

I've been catching up all day and can't possibly respond to everyone I want to, so I'll just ask a question.

Does anyone think Lee might not attend the memorial because there's a warrant out for him and he knows it?  I think LE will be monitoring who attends (or maybe I've watched too many episodes of The Sopranos). If he's there, they could arrest him afterwards or at least tail him.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #454 on: February 08, 2009, 08:01:04 PM »

[/quote] Thanks Boyzmom. Why is there a difference, public vs private? I didn't read the whole story that was posted but wasn't one of the people a judge or a doctor or something. Wouldn't that be a "public" person. Cindy is PUBLIC now since she has been on every morning show, NG, GVS, etc? Can she sue me cause I think she has a mushroom head? Can KC sue me cause I say she is a slore? Can Lee sue me cause I made fun of his knee socks and shorts? If so, let them sue me! If they win, they can get all my assets. I have a dog that hey definately will not want, I have a car that is falling apart and that is about it! I say bring it on Cindy.   
[/quote]

The difference is not that public people can not get damages, but rather that the speech must be way over the top. What you may say about a normal person (like you or me) is much less than what you can say about a public figure - which is anyone that has a public persona by their choice - politicians, judges and movie/tv people meet that criteria. If you are famous because of something bad you did then it is not as protected. Also, there has to be real damages and the statement must be untrue. For example, saying that someone is black is not prohibited because it is a fact. Lying and saying they are Muslim is probably prohibited if they work in an area that may cause problems for them at their job. Saying someone committed a crime would likely cause them problems, and if not true, would cause a problem for the person that said it. This is one of the reasons that people like NG make a point of saying ALLEGED criminals. If they have not been convicted it would be a problem to say they are criminals. It is a pretty vague area of law governed on a case by case basis.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: February 08, 2009, 08:08:15 PM »

I'm cheered Babybear. He says it's nothing, but I don't know if that was just to get my mom to be quiet and leave me alone. He has a way with smoothing things over in a good way. The man is a saint. I can't say anything bad about you except you love Josef. That must mean you are crazy! LOL. So sue me!  I'm glad you love my baby, if something happens to me I will leave him to you in my will! (along with my debts!) 
[/quote]

In that case I won't be getting Josef because nothing is going to happen to you.  Your step dad wouldn't have said that if he thought it was anything serious, he'd call one of his cardiologist friends and get you in the hospital immediately.  Doctors can do stuff like that you know.
[/quote] Doctors can do stuff like that babybear, but I am of the old Bill Clinton school. Don't ask don't tell. I really don't like even asking my step dad about medical stuff. If I had told my mom straight off I would have been to the doctor that day. I just didn't think it was bad enough to worry my mom about because I knew the first words out of her mouth would be "it's because you SMOKE".  Funny thing is, she didn't even bring that up when I told her. But if you still want Josef, you might change your mind. We went for a walk and he tried to eat a cat. He about tore my rotator cuff again. 

strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #456 on: February 08, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »

Maybe the question should then be:

WHEN WILL THEY ARREST LEE AND THE OTHERS FOR OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE???

The sooner the better.  Actually, I believe Lee is in their sites for some questioning.  That is according to his attorney.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: February 08, 2009, 08:09:41 PM »

Good afternoon all

Does anybody remember the movie title that KC rented that had so many similarities with the murder, the duct tape, nanny, body in the trunk etc.  ???

I can't see why that shouldn't be the comparison, rather than the Fugitive. 

TIA
I watched "Untraceable" last night.  I rented it because it was one of the movies crazy rented the night it is believed she killed little Caylee.

If you haven't watched this, you really should, and if you have, watch it again since if it's been a while.  There is NO WAY an innocent person could sit through this movie having "accidentally" killed their child. 
I haven't had the guts to see it. Maybe I will watch it some time this week.

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #458 on: February 08, 2009, 08:10:21 PM »

Karen

oops...forgot the link http://www.wftv.com/news/18667721/detail.html

Cindy Anthony Writes Obituary For Caylee Marie
Sunday, February 8, 2009 – updated: 7:41 pm EST February 8, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- In an obituary, the grandmother of slain toddler Caylee Anthony says the child's life didn't end "without a purpose" (read full obituary).
<SNIP>

an obituary is a simple  post in any paper under the 'obituary' section. its an announcement of passing on and the arrangements made. they are usually formally and impersonally phrased and just cover basic facts the family wants to include. they can be made for either a funeral or memorial service.

a eulogy is when the deceased is 'eulogized', ie their life, traits accomplishments etc. that is delivered at either/both the funeral or memorial service.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: February 08, 2009, 08:13:13 PM »

Good evening monkeys,

I've been catching up all day and can't possibly respond to everyone I want to, so I'll just ask a question.

Does anyone think Lee might not attend the memorial because there's a warrant out for him and he knows it?  I think LE will be monitoring who attends (or maybe I've watched too many episodes of The Sopranos). If he's there, they could arrest him afterwards or at least tail him.

I don't know if there is a warrant out on him, but if that is the case, I will be watching this fiasco.

I think Lee just doesn't have any long pants and can't go in short pants and long socks to church.

Sorry monkeys I am being bad tonight. Trying not to remember I have a job in the am.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.