April 19, 2024, 08:26:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supreme Appointment  (Read 1772 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: February 05, 2009, 10:21:10 PM »

God bless Ruth.

I feel Obama will have the opportunity to appointment a new Supreme in his first term.

WASHINGTON (Feb. 5) - Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had surgery Thursday after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, the court said. Pancreatic cancer is often deadly, although the court said doctors apparently found Ginsburg's cancer at an early stage.

Ginsburg, 75, had the surgery at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York. She will remain in the hospital for seven to 10 days, said her surgeon, Dr. Murray Brennan, according to a release issued by the court.

The new cancer was discovered during a routine, annual exam late last month at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md. A CAT scan revealed a tumor measuring about 1 centimeter across at the center of the pancreas, the court said.

In 1999, Ginsburg had surgery for colon cancer and had chemotherapy and radiation treatment and never missed a day on the bench.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 06:53:39 AM »

She's a cancer survivor, colon cancer over a decade ago. The tumor that was found is one centimeter in size which is less than 1/3rd of one inch. It may qualify as a result, as only stage one. She's had surgery and will have chemo and radiation. She might last four years Louise, hope that doesn't disappoint you too much.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 11:20:31 PM »

I'm not sure why Louse would wish her ill health, afterall she is the first Jewish woman to serve on the Supreme Court.  Plus she generally votes liberal and was appointed by Clinton.

She sounds like a very strong woman and I'll be praying the surgery is a big success and she recovers fully.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 11:44:19 PM »

Klaas said it perfectly. Thank you, Klaas.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 01:16:53 PM »

I'm not sure why Louse would wish her ill health, afterall she is the first Jewish woman to serve on the Supreme Court.  Plus she generally votes liberal and was appointed by Clinton.

She sounds like a very strong woman and I'll be praying the surgery is a big success and she recovers fully.

Just to clarify this was the line which I found offensive in Louise's post.

I feel Obama will have the opportunity to appointment a new Supreme in his first term.

I'm not sure why Louise would wish ill health on her either.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.