May 01, 2024, 12:05:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #16 2/6/09 -2/8/09  (Read 107088 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2009, 12:25:40 AM »

OH, ArtColley, your paintings are beautiful!  My husband's family are 5th generation farmers.  I was a "townie" before I married him.  I love the life and wouldn't trade it for the world. 

THanks!
Yes, once a country gal, always a country gal, I guess! 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2009, 12:26:51 AM »

HH - sorry you had a bad night. 

MT - How would you have handled the playpen problem?  (sorry, I can't resist, LMAO)

crazybabyborg
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2009, 12:27:06 AM »

Artcolley,

Beautiful works of art.....just lovely....and Trixie,  reminds me of our tuxedo cats (2)......& the border collies remind me of my SIL's Marlowe, long gone, but not forgotten. 

Thank you,
I love Border Collies, had them for over 20 years. And they were just such wonderful models for me.

I've never owned a Border Collie, but if I ever am able to even think I could retire someday, I want one! They are soooo smart and sooooo sweet! I am just gone too much from home to be fair to the breed. I did have a sheltie for 15 years, and she went to work with me!

I "inherited" a shar pei from my son, who was given a Bull Mastiff that absolutely won his heart. It was a real learning curve for me because she is as different from what I was used to as night is to day! But I'm a dog lover, and I wouldn't take a million for her now. I'm not sure I'd give you a nickle for another one, but I do love her dearly. 
KYcat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #143 on: February 07, 2009, 12:27:40 AM »

CBB.....  I outed you......... Wreck knows..........   

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE Learn how to set wrecks head on fire

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2009, 12:28:44 AM »

Art - Your paintings are beautiful.  It brought me back in time.  My grandmother had a cottage in ME and always had beautiful gardens too!!  They aslo reminded of a place in Cape Cod!!  Thank you for sharing!!  And Thank you for bringing back such fond memories!!  I hadn't thought of some of them in years!!

THank you. That is why I love to paint. I love to take people on "memory trips" to times that pleasurable in their minds!
I live on the Coast of Maine, and our homes are very much like those on the Cape.

You do?? My daughter's grammie lives on the coast of Maine also, Biddeford Pool.is that anywhere near you? The photos she brings back are gorgeous.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
crazybabyborg
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2009, 12:32:47 AM »

Hello Monkeys,  I just had to get on here and rant for a few minutes, I just got home a little while ago from going to one of the stores that I take orders from and pick things up and anyway, I was working close to the cashiers at this store and there was a Lady buying a playpin for her grandchild that was going to be born sometimes this month and the warning buzzer went off when the cashier rang here up and I saw the cashier go and take the playpen out if the Lady's cart and tell her she couldnt sell her this playpen, I went over to see if it was something I bring to the store and it was, and so I immediatly started to see how many was in the store so I could go get them out, anyway this Lady started fussing and swearing at me about the Playpen, telling me that she wanted it anyway, I said Mame I cant let you buy this item, it has been recalled because there is something unsafe about it, she then told me she didnt care she wanted it, it was the only one that she could find that was the right color, I said Mame it is dangerous in some way thats why it is being recalled, she said oh no its fine I dont care about some little problem it might have, I want it.............needless to say  I finally let here have it with both barrells, I said Mame so you want to hurt your Grandchild or watch your Grandchild get hurt because of something you bought, and guess what after everything I told her, she was still mad and cussed me good before she finally gave up and just walked out.................OMG  some people are unbelievable!!!!!!!!

You've had a hard day, HH! I'm sorry!! Sit back and put your feet up.

Can you type with your toes? 

I know, people are crazy! That's fine, but it's not fine when they're crazy with children!!!
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2009, 12:33:23 AM »

Thanks for the TLC, dear Monkeys (and the hot cocoa, peanut!)

Desi has to work in the morning, so I'm saying goodnight for now!

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
crazybabyborg
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2009, 12:35:12 AM »

Geezzzz................I'm just learning that!  I'll TRY!!

OK. I'll be back as soon as I can.................  I'll leave it here!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2009, 12:36:02 AM »

Nite, Des and all monkeys who will be in bed when I get back!!!!
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2009, 12:36:12 AM »

Hello Monkeys,  I just had to get on here and rant for a few minutes, I just got home a little while ago from going to one of the stores that I take orders from and pick things up and anyway, I was working close to the cashiers at this store and there was a Lady buying a playpin for her grandchild that was going to be born sometimes this month and the warning buzzer went off when the cashier rang here up and I saw the cashier go and take the playpen out if the Lady's cart and tell her she couldnt sell her this playpen, I went over to see if it was something I bring to the store and it was, and so I immediatly started to see how many was in the store so I could go get them out, anyway this Lady started fussing and swearing at me about the Playpen, telling me that she wanted it anyway, I said Mame I cant let you buy this item, it has been recalled because there is something unsafe about it, she then told me she didnt care she wanted it, it was the only one that she could find that was the right color, I said Mame it is dangerous in some way thats why it is being recalled, she said oh no its fine I dont care about some little problem it might have, I want it.............needless to say  I finally let here have it with both barrells, I said Mame so you want to hurt your Grandchild or watch your Grandchild get hurt because of something you bought, and guess what after everything I told her, she was still mad and cussed me good before she finally gave up and just walked out.................OMG  some people are unbelievable!!!!!!!!

You've had a hard day, HH! I'm sorry!! Sit back and put your feet up.

Can you type with your toes? 

I know, people are crazy! That's fine, but it's not fine when they're crazy with children!!!
I have enough problems typing with my fingers I dont think that would be a  good idea, or YAY I said idea this time ,   ohh sorry, uhhhhh  anyway I wish it had been a recall on a recliner for her stupid butt, I would have let her take it with her then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2009, 12:36:59 AM »

Artcolley,

Beautiful works of art.....just lovely....and Trixie,  reminds me of our tuxedo cats (2)......& the border collies remind me of my SIL's Marlowe, long gone, but not forgotten. 

Thank you,
I love Border Collies, had them for over 20 years. And they were just such wonderful models for me.

I've never owned a Border Collie, but if I ever am able to even think I could retire someday, I want one! They are soooo smart and sooooo sweet! I am just gone too much from home to be fair to the breed. I did have a sheltie for 15 years, and she went to work with me!

I "inherited" a shar pei from my son, who was given a Bull Mastiff that absolutely won his heart. It was a real learning curve for me because she is as different from what I was used to as night is to day! But I'm a dog lover, and I wouldn't take a million for her now. I'm not sure I'd give you a nickle for another one, but I do love her dearly. 

By far the Border Collies were the smartest dogs I've ever owned. Mine were also very calm, not hyper like some you see. I just loved them, Very clean, very easy to housebreak and just good dogs.
My little Bichon was "trained" by the Matriarch Border Collie and she is a wonderfully smart little girl too. She does everythign they used to do, even loves to go do "barn chores" with my hubby . Of course, she wears her denim Jeans for that, lol
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2009, 12:38:29 AM »

Ohhhmmm........MT, are you okay? 
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2009, 12:38:47 AM »

Art - Your paintings are beautiful.  It brought me back in time.  My grandmother had a cottage in ME and always had beautiful gardens too!!  They aslo reminded of a place in Cape Cod!!  Thank you for sharing!!  And Thank you for bringing back such fond memories!!  I hadn't thought of some of them in years!!

THank you. That is why I love to paint. I love to take people on "memory trips" to times that pleasurable in their minds!
I live on the Coast of Maine, and our homes are very much like those on the Cape.

You do?? My daughter's grammie lives on the coast of Maine also, Biddeford Pool.is that anywhere near you? The photos she brings back are gorgeous.

NO, Biddeford Pool is further South. I am in the "Midcoast Region", between Rockland and Damariscotta, in that area.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2009, 12:39:08 AM »

Artcolley,

Thank you,

By far the Border Collies were the smartest dogs I've ever owned. Mine were also very calm, not hyper like some you see. I just loved them, Very clean, very easy to housebreak and just good dogs.
My little Bichon was "trained" by the Matriarch Border Collie and she is a wonderfully smart little girl too. She does everythign they used to do, even loves to go do "barn chores" with my hubby . Of course, she wears her denim Jeans for that, lol

KYcat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2009, 12:40:01 AM »

Geezzzz................I'm just learning that!  I'll TRY!!

OK. I'll be back as soon as I can.................  I'll leave it here!   

You are a DOLL!  You are also overworked, so don't worry about doing that now.  You can set Wrecks head on fire anytime, he's not going anywhere!!!

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2009, 12:40:29 AM »

My head hurts...........................................
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2009, 12:41:14 AM »

Artcolley,

Thank you,

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2009, 12:41:22 AM »

My head hurts...........................................

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2009, 12:43:03 AM »

NO, Biddeford Pool is further South. I am in the "Midcoast Region", between Rockland and Damariscotta, in that area.

Oh, I am not familair with anything inthe NE,, it's my daughter's grammie on her dad's side. Very beautiful coastline, but COLD water. I'm partial to the Gulf because it is so warm here, usually around 86 degrees. When she visits in the summer she never attempts to even put her feet in the water there.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2009, 12:43:54 AM »

Why do people like to poke the monkey??????   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.