May 01, 2024, 11:21:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #16 2/6/09 -2/8/09  (Read 107084 times)
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #680 on: February 07, 2009, 11:45:56 PM »

Hi Monkey friends

Just poppin in to say Hi while my puter is still working.  This could be seconds or minutes.  How's everyone doin tonight?   Magic mirror tell me today did all my friends have fun at play?  I see Mytime and Jackie and Buds and CBB and Shell!!!   and many many  ::MonkeyRoll::more.   

MM...what is the computer problem? Do you know, or is it something we can toss around and try to help you solve?

Hi Shell,

Well hard to explain.  It just shuts off, then takes many many trys to get back on.  keeps shutting.  Don't know if its a problem with the plug, but I have to put it in weird positions to make it work sometimes.  Found out it's not a virus today.  Sooooooooo...don't know.   Thanks for offering your help though. 

Sounds like it is the internal battery located on the motherboard or if it is a desktop it could be the "big" power supply located inside the unit.
Thank you Blue Moon,   I saw you standing alone and had to respond.  It is a laptop.  Is the internal battery different than the regular battery?  you sound very knowledgable, as you can see I am a pc for dummies dummy.   

If it is a laptop you will have to take the unit apart (most sites have instructions for doing this--but you will have to order the battery from the maker of the laptop).  Talking it apart requires removing keyboard, lcd screen, palm rest, mouse pad and on and on and on.  I would recommend getting someone who does this to do it for you or at least check the internal battery.

Another thing it could be is the lcd screen could be going out on you.  They will act like it is shorting out and when they do that they need to be replaced.

Hope this helps.  Either way unless you know how to totally take apart a laptop and put it back together you will be better off getting someone else to do it for you.

Thanks Again Blue,

While I was answering your post I burnt some toast.  The toaster was next to the fridge and now that is leaking inside.  Think I better not take laptop apart...but wait......... a "Free Laptop" pop up just appeared, could my problems be over? 
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #681 on: February 07, 2009, 11:46:19 PM »

Hey, I heard CBB was handing out bewbs over here, and I sure do need some.

I'm topless here, and no one even noticed! 

Well, I've been gathering my collection for you to choose from, BT. Here's the latest, but the biotch keeps trying to hang on to them. Don't worry, if this is your pick I'll get them from her. I've already got one loosened one for you.

Here ya go......

Jackie - I like that set! And they're about the right size for me too! 

I Stand With The Girl
crazybabyborg
« Reply #682 on: February 07, 2009, 11:46:44 PM »

But Bluemoon! I was only trying to melt the bubblegum Klaas put in his eye!!!   

Don't tell her, but I have noticed this taste for the macabre lately. She's slowly turning San into Frankenstein. Wait and see, there's going to bolts in her neck anyday, now!

He's all set for Halloween, but Valentine's Day is going to be a bit of a challenge.........   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #683 on: February 07, 2009, 11:46:53 PM »

I am drinking a Long Island ice tea??  Can I make anyone else one?  Please bring you own teabags, I am running low......but I have plenty of alcohol!!   

The Monkey Bar is open!!!!!!!!!   
Do you have vodka?

I have vodka....   

I know some that would kill for it!!  Please be careful!   
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: February 07, 2009, 11:47:24 PM »

My monitor stays sticky............ I've got to learn to swallow before I refresh!!!   

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #685 on: February 07, 2009, 11:47:47 PM »

Well, I've been gathering my collection for you to choose from, BT. Here's the latest, but the biotch keeps trying to hang on to them. Don't worry, if this is your pick I'll get them from her. I've already got one loosened one for you.

Here ya go......

Glad I can help. 
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #686 on: February 07, 2009, 11:48:36 PM »

Here ya go......

Glad I can help. 

Now CBB just needs to do a surgical implant on me. 

I Stand With The Girl
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #687 on: February 07, 2009, 11:48:47 PM »

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #688 on: February 07, 2009, 11:50:21 PM »

OMG - that is exactly what I pictured you to look like! 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #689 on: February 07, 2009, 11:50:30 PM »

crazybabyborg
« Reply #690 on: February 07, 2009, 11:51:20 PM »

Shell................. I expected that reaction from Jackie, but I'm just hearing from your long island tea!!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #691 on: February 07, 2009, 11:52:39 PM »

THAT'S WHY MY MONITOR STAYS STICKY!!!

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: February 07, 2009, 11:53:19 PM »

Shell................. I expected that reaction from Jackie, but I'm just hearing from your long island tea!!

I only have those when I go out---special occasions 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #693 on: February 07, 2009, 11:53:32 PM »

I think I just got in the middle of something without noing there was something to be in the middle of or even wanting to be in the middle of it, or like i WAS JUST STANDING ON THE OUTSIDE AND FELL IN.

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: February 07, 2009, 11:53:46 PM »

OMG - that is exactly what I pictured you to look like! 

But...but...that's not Bud's Girl - that's me! 

Hey! I thought we weren't supposed to put people's real pics on here. 

I Stand With The Girl
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #695 on: February 07, 2009, 11:54:18 PM »

THAT'S WHY MY MONITOR STAYS STICKY!!!

CBB - you must learn to swallow more often!!    
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #696 on: February 07, 2009, 11:54:47 PM »

Back in the day when I joined SM a week or so after Natalee went missing there was so much news going on about her. I seldom posted in the Lively case discussion thread because it moved so fast.I mainly posted in Theory and speculation.

It looks like this Musings has turned into the same kind of thread . Nice to see.
Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #697 on: February 07, 2009, 11:55:17 PM »

I think I just got in the middle of something without noing there was something to be in the middle of or even wanting to be in the middle of it, or like i WAS JUST STANDING ON THE OUTSIDE AND FELL IN.

Fun, ain't it ?   

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #698 on: February 07, 2009, 11:56:08 PM »

Last night I watched a documentary...Pardaise Lost. (there are Parts I and II) About 3 boys in Arkansas who were convicted of killing 3 young boys. It was very good. Has anyone else seen it?

I have, I remember that case like it was yesterday.....it happened in West Memphis, Ar, and my office was in downtown Memphis so you can see WM across the bridge. Horrific murders and questionable trials. During the time everyone was freaking out and keeping their kids inside all day and night....no parks for anyone.

Seemed to me like it was the stepfather~he was one of the strangest men I have ever seen. How could they overlook the blood on his knife. And overlook him, for that matter. That story will stay with me.

yes, he was odd~but there was a stranger covered in blood that used a drive thru restroom to clean up in and no one ever tracked him down. We had as much coverage there locally as the Caylee case here in florida and i have to tell you, Damien scared the chit out of everyone by just his behavior after the crimes......the video footage of him was down right eery. He was actually sentenced to die 1 yr to the day of the murders. i still have mixed feelings about him and his guilt/innocence.

Yes, the stranger covered in blood in the restroom was way odd and worth investigating (and could have been the perp, especially being on the same night as the murder and the officer called and responding screwed that way up), and the stepfather needed investigating and was odd. Damien was an oddball, I agree. But they really did not have any physical evidence placing those 3 there. Had they done forensics on the blood on the wall from the stranger, and blood from that knife, I would feel better about the outcome). I live near the area of the Stephanie Crow case and can't help but see similarities with the 2 cases.

I agree there should have been far more investigation, and the media hype didn't help these three, especially Jessie who is borderline for retardation. They LE could have brought in the FBI or some larger investigative help because they had never dealt with a crime that magnitude........there is no telling what really happened except three beautifukl 2nd graders brutally murdered.

I remember the Stephanie Crowe case and the stranger in the red sweater, that one was a gimme-they had him and overlooked testing the sweater at first and missed the blood evidence IIRC. Thank God Michael Crowe was exhonerated

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #699 on: February 07, 2009, 11:56:48 PM »

And now you can't get out!!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.