June 01, 2024, 08:52:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deborah Fourzan , 14, Last seen 2/2/2009 May be enroute to Austin w/ 40 yo male (FOUND SAFE)  (Read 6890 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 05, 2009, 10:52:29 PM »

Missing girl, 14, may be headed to Austin

05:25 PM CST on Thursday, February 5, 2009
 The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children Thursday said a 14-year-old girl who was last seen February 2 could be on her way to Austin, and the group is asking for the public's help to find her.

Deborah Fourzan is believed to be traveling with James Reimer, 40, for the Ikkicon anime convention at the Austin Hilton Hotel, which begins February 6.

Fourzan is from Tecumseh, OK. She was last seen when she was dropped off for school Monday morning, but she did not get off the bus that afternoon.

"We're very concerned for her safety," said Major Bill Crow, Tecumseh police. "It's a 40-year-old man and a 14-year-old teenage girl. The parent is very upset over it, especially since this involves a very close family friend that they thought they could trust."

Detectives say Reimer was a friend of the family and apparently sending Fourzan sexually-explicit text messages.

Fourzan's mother became aware of those messages and turned them over to investigators in Pottawamie County -- they issued a warrant for his arrest.

KVUE's affiliate in Oklahoma City talked to the girl's mother.

"The messages just kept coming in and coming in and coming in," said Crystal Vanbuskirk, missing teen's mom. "There were 30-plus messages of him calling her his lover. 'I love you. How come you're not calling me back?' He did not know she was grounded from her phone this time."

Investigators say students at Fourzan's high school say she and Reimer were heading to various anime conventions en-route to California.

Tecumseh authorities say $6,000 was stolen Monday from the grocery store where Reimer worked. They believe he stole the money, and then took off with Fourzan.

Investigators say he is not a registered sex offender.

According to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Fourzan's ears are pierced, she may dye her hair black and she has a birthmark on the back of her arm. She may go by her middle name, Kalai.

Reimer may shave his beard, and his nickname is Jim.

If you see the couple you're advised not to approach them, but rather, call the Austin Police Department.

http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/txcn/austin/stories/020509kvue_missing_girl-cb.210e9967.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 02:33:10 PM »

He may not be registered as a sex offender now, but it sounds like he is about to be.  What is wrong with people?
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 09:10:28 PM »

Police continue search for missing Tecumseh teen, 40-year-old
Mother says ex-family friend sent explicit messages to the girl

February 7, 2009
Video

http://newsok.com/police-continue-search-for-teen-40-year-old/article/3344049

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 10:56:13 AM »

This is weird and not really worth posting, but damn...they almost look like they could be related   

Also adding that he looks young for 40. Could pass for late 20's...imo

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 12:35:09 PM »

Some new info but not much....

+++++++

Police continue search for missing Tecumseh teen, 40-year-old
Mother says ex-family friend sent explicit messages to the girl

Published: February 7, 2009
TECUMSEH — The mother of a missing Tecumseh teenager said her daughter may have been lured into leaving home with promises of attending an anime convention.

Deborah Kalai Fourzan, 14, has been missing since Monday. Authorities think she is with 40-year-old James Joseph Reimer, a former family friend.

Fourzan’s mother, Crystal Vanbuskirk, said Fourzan has never been in trouble and leaving home is out of her character.

"She may have gone willingly with him, but as far as I’m concerned she’s been kidnapped,” Vanbuskirk said.

Deborah’s parents recently discovered Reimer had been sending Fourzan sexually explicit text messages. They notified police and warned Reimer to stay away from her.

Vanbuskirk said police questioned Reimer, but nothing was done until her daughter turned up missing. Reimer was charged Tuesday in Pottawatomie County District Court in connection with the text messages.

Crow said that through interviews with people who know Reimer, they’ve found he has a history of violence against women.

Fourzan’s friends told authorities she left school Monday morning with plans to travel to an anime convention in California.

Reimer and Fourzan share an interest in the Japanese animation, and Fourzan left home that morning with a black backpack filled with anime costumes, Vanbuskirk said.

Authorities are checking anime conventions across the United States, including one this weekend in Austin, Texas, Tecumseh police spokesman Billy Crow said.

Vanbuskirk said she and her husband have known Reimer for about five years. She said he had been like an uncle to their daughter.

Crow said Reimer is the chief suspect in a burglary Sunday at a convenience store where he worked. Several thousand dollars were stolen, he said.

Tecumseh police Let. J.R. Kidney said he believes the pair is driving a ’90s white Mercury Cougar with front-end damage.

http://newsok.com/police-continue-search-for-teen-40-year-old/article/3344049

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 01:02:31 PM »

Missing Persons notices for Deborah posted on Anime  sites.

http://conventionfans.today.com/2009/02/06/news-blurb-missing-girl-may-go-to-anime-convention/deborah-fourzan/

http://www.animenation.net/blog/2009/02/06/help-find-deborah-fourzan/

http://www.circvsmaximvs.com/showthread.php?t=56076

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 01:06:23 PM »

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 05:18:24 PM »

What a Beautiful Girl

This is what I have to say about Girls of her Age -

Its SO SO important as a Parent to keep Communication Flowing with our Kids - EVERYDAY and I know it's so HARD to do that. Kids from 11-15 are ever changing and want to be closed off from their parents .. Because we are so NOT Cool.

If our child is suffering and or feeling alone they Reach out to Strangers on the internet - on such places as Myspace and or Facebook etc... they get sucked in to cyber love and care ...by freaks who claim they Understand, they know, they feel for them ..they say everything and anything to our children online.

I demanded of my Daughter - I must have her Passwords in order for her to use such sites. I said If you do not give me your password - You " YOU" are not allowed to use the computer online. Period. I said I will monitor everyone and everything you do - because I am your Mother and that's the bottom line - Passwords or Lose it.

A few years back there was a girl in our local area that was 13 - she was talking to a MAN ...she thought was a 14 year boy on IM. She met him on Aol. Her Father noticed she was spending more time online than usual ..especially on IM AIM chat. That she would come home and right away want to use the computer. He kept the computer in the Living Room.

**** Do not let your children have a computer in their bedroom and or in a room that they can close off the rest of the family. Always put it in a central area so it can be monitored.

This Daddy got Smart Quick - He watched over her shoulder as she typed. She said DAAADDD stop it. Stop reading my IM's. She got up to use the bathroom and Dad took a minute to Scroll and read. Um huh. This Person, He wanted to Meet her at the local coffee house which was a few blocks away ... and Dad read other things and it clear to DAD this was not another teen ..she was talking to.
So then DAD took the chat logs to local police - Dad talked to Daughter and said I think this is a person that you should not be involved with and explained to her ..what was and what was not. They set up the meeting with a female police officer undercover - YES he met her thinking it was this 13 yr old..he surely did. He was 47 yrs old and a convicted Sex Offender. Flat Cold Busted - How I remember is because I worked 3 doors down ..and watched the local police take this Dude down in the parking lot ... And they had PURE Joy on their faces.

If this Father would not have been Aware of his Daughter's online Life - She may have become yet another Missing child. 

I pray that this Young Lady is Found - SAFE- Untouched - and is Brought Home.

She is Precious

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 07:34:31 AM »

The case in full on AMW
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=63272

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 07:37:06 AM »

UPDATED POSTER
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1115255&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 05:01:03 PM »

'America's Most Wanted' Segment Generates Tips on Missing Oklahoma Girl, 14
Thursday, March 05, 2009 

Print ShareThisA television program that featured a missing Oklahoma girl believed to have run off with a 40-year-old man has generated several tips to police.

Detective J.R. Kidney says phone lines lit up after "America's Most Wanted" aired the story about 14-year-old Deborah Fourzan.

Police believe Deborah left with James Reimer, 40. Several of the tips led officers to the Austin, Texas, area.

Deborah and Reimer share an interest in anime — a form of Japanese animation. Friends of the girl say she planned to travel to an anime convention, and one was held in Austin the weekend after she disappeared Feb. 2.

Pottawatomie County prosecutors have charged Reimer with soliciting sexual conduct or communications with a minor through telephone text messaging.

Investigators say the charge stems from sexually explicit messages sent to the girl's cell phone.

Reimer has been charged with a felony and an arrest warrant with a $100,000 bond, according to News-Star.com.

Police believe Deborah went with Reimer willingly, but feel she may be in danger because of her age.

Kidney said there were many sightings near Austin, Texas, that led police to apartments and stores, according to NEWSOK.com.

"Nothing panned out, but we got some strong leads, and we’re confident that the whole nation is looking," Kidney said.

The missing girl's father, Michael Fourzan, 38, said that Deborah had lived with him until last summer, NEWSOK.com reported.

He suspected Reimer of being a threat to his daughter when she returned home from a visit to her mother with clothing and toys the man had bought her. Reimer called Deborah's Texas home when she was 13, asking her father if he could speak to her.

"I did what any father would," Fourzan said. "I made it clear that he was to stay away from her."

Fourzan said he wouldn't have allowed his daughter to move to Tecumseh to live with her mother if he had known Reimer was still involved with the family.

Deborah Fourzan's mother, Crystal Vanbuskirk, said the man had been a family friend and was like an uncle to her daughter.

She said that she tried to terminate their connections when she found the sexually explicit texts from him her daughter's cell phone. The parents took the cell phone away from their daughter, but Reimer gave her a new one so that he could continue to communicate with her, FOX23.com reported.

Deborah has not contacted her family.

"I’ve been a total wreck ever since she’s been gone," Michael Fourzan said. "I can’t think about anything other than getting her home safe."

Deborah has been listed as a missing person on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children Web site.

She is 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and was last seen wearing her favorite leather trench coat with faux fur on the ends of the sleeves and collar.

Reimer is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs about 280 pounds. He has brown hair and blue eyes. Police have reported that he could be driving a white Mercury Cougar XR7 with a license plate of VRW-932.

Any sighting of the pair should be reported to local police in that area by calling 911.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,505176,00.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 07:44:27 PM »

Missing Okla. Teen Found In Washington State
Deborah Kalai Fourzan Was Found Safe
POSTED: 10:32 pm CDT March 14, 2009

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Police in Washington state have located a 14-year-old Tecumseh girl and the 41-year-old man investigators believe she ran away with more than a month ago.

The Washington State Patrol said troopers arrested James Reimer at about 3 p.m. PDT Saturday after stopping him for routine traffic violations in Montesano.

Deborah Kalai Fourzan was with him. She was safe and was interviewed by detectives.

A standard driver's check on Reimer revealed he had a $100,000 felony warrant in Oklahoma for soliciting sexual conduct or communication with a minor by use of technology.

He is accused of sending sexually explicit text messages to the Fourzan's cellular phone.

Reimer is being held in the Grays Harbor County Jail. Efforts are underway to have him brought back to Tecumseh to face charges.
http://www.koco.com/news/18933402/detail.html

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 08:33:37 PM »

Great news!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »

Great news!

Yes it is great news!  I'm so glad they've found her, and she's safe.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.