June 15, 2024, 05:27:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #800 2/11 - 2/18/09  (Read 295217 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #500 on: February 16, 2009, 02:25:58 PM »

It appears Miss Magnolia snipped off BUCKS TAIL for your Flaps Miss San

SAN your AVI is stunning.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #501 on: February 16, 2009, 02:38:07 PM »

KTF,

We may never know if or what Silvetti may or may not have received for allowing ALE to abscond with the contents of the trap but we do know why he was not about to make any waves with them, pun intended, or anyone else in the region with all those contracts up for grabs and being bid at that time.

And they ALL had to know where the action was in their own line of work as well.

Hopefully time will tell Anna.A guilty conscience can eat at a person over time!That's my hope.

Silvetti is a Viet Nam Veteran.  You would think honor would supercede financial gain.

But, that's just a Pollyanna thought.

John is a good businessman according to Kyle and wondered if the Birdies would be able to connect the dots to figure out John's next move.

I do not doubt that he is a good businessman....Kyle's bread and butter.  I've seen business partners part ways and come full circle. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #502 on: February 16, 2009, 02:40:12 PM »

I am personally expecting Kyle Kingman to be the catalyst to expose the happenings on board the Persistence pertaining to the "finale to the great Aruban coverup" ... the "finale to the great Aruban coverup" which could not have happened without the original assistance of two Americans ... John Silvetti and Tim Trahan and ... then the assistance of Kyle Kingman and Louis Schaefer after the face.

Think about it.  Kyle Kingman was troubled/frustrated concerning the chain of command in regards to the contents of the cage/trap ... a chain of command that implied only Aruban involvement.  However ... at some period of time ... he allowed circumstances to harden his heart and ... justice for Natalee Holloway and ... closure for her anguished  family took a back seat.

When I consider Kyle Kingman's faith which reflects my own ... I believe it is only a matter of time before he will bow and ... acept responsibility for his wrongdoing.  Kyle's  Christian testimony and ... his role as a husband and father ... dictates it.

Janet

++++++

oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #742 3/10 - 3/14/08
« Reply #923 on: March 14, 2008, 01:23:03 PM »

... Dr. Hodges never skipped a beat.  His theories are far outside of my expertise, so I'm in no position to judge them as valid or not.  I hope they're valid for their potential application to other future cases and current cold cases.  As far as the search goes, the theories played no part in the planning or execution of the search.  Regardless, I enjoyed talking with him particularly in terms of our mutual faith in Jesus Christ.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2689.msg365082;topicseen#msg365082

oceanexploration
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #703 12/8/2007
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2007, 01:18:35 AM »

I say this with absolute conviction... I do not have enough faith to be an atheist in times like this.  It is examples such as these that remind humanity that people still go out of their way for others. About 2000 years ago there was the perfect example of a loving sacrifice ... 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2432.msg315649;topicseen#msg315649

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #503 on: February 16, 2009, 02:40:16 PM »

Recap:
China Wants to Make Aruba Its Gateway to South America
Chinese interest in oil-prospecting near Aruba
John Silvetti wanted to set up an office in Aruba to do business with South America
John Silvetti and Louis Schafer set out to map the ocean floor oh, yeah and find Natalee's remains.
Oil Pipeline
Valero Refinery

is it adding up yet????

Have we been looking at the wrong companies?Should we look at ecopetrol(Colombia)?

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #504 on: February 16, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »

Contract to Acergy for installations on Ormen Lange Southern Field Development

Posted: 28.09.2007

Hydro has on behalf of the Ormen Lange Licences awarded a contract worth approximately NOK 320 million to Acergy for the installation of one MEG line, one umbilical and Tie-in and RFO operations for the Ormen Lange Southern Field Development project.

http://www.maritimeandenergy.com/sider/tekst.asp?side=1894

Is this not where Kyle went?

The Ormen Lange - Norway
16-July, 2008 0135am
Posted by Kyle Kingman at 11:31 AM 0 comments

we know Kyle is working for Statoil Hydro,AGR Drilling, Fugro Norway

Ormen Lange Excavation - North SeaOrmen Lange deep sea pipeline excavation monitoring with Oceaneering Magnum ROV and high-resolution multibeam sonar. StatoilHydro, AGR Drilling, Fugro Norway
Posted by Kyle Kingman at 4:43 PMhttp://geosolutions.blogspot.com/2008/07/ormen-lange-excavation-north-sea-norway.html

The Group represents the integrated capabilities of five GeoLab Companies; GeoLab Technical Services Ltd. (UK), GeoLab srl. (Italy), GeoLab bv (Netherlands), GeoLab LLC (USA) and GeoLab Technical Services Nigeria Ltd. (Nigeria).
http://www.e-pageads.com/surveymarketplace/newsletter/newsletter71.html#2

WENT TO NORTHSEAOrmen Lange deep sea pipeline excavation monitoring with Oceaneering Magnum ROV and high-resolution multibeam sonar. StatoilHydro, AGR Drilling, Fugro Norway WENT TO EGYPTCurrent Project: Cairo Egypt, Multiple Site Surveys, Pipeline Prelays Performing multiple site surveys and large pipeline prelay surveys in the Mediterranean Sea, offshore Egypt. Performing office based geo-QC of data, processing, analysis, and reporting Kyles other website
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01992275539462352166

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: February 16, 2009, 02:42:14 PM »

KTF,

We may never know if or what Silvetti may or may not have received for allowing ALE to abscond with the contents of the trap but we do know why he was not about to make any waves with them, pun intended, or anyone else in the region with all those contracts up for grabs and being bid at that time.

And they ALL had to know where the action was in their own line of work as well.

Hopefully time will tell Anna.A guilty conscience can eat at a person over time!That's my hope.

Silvetti is a Viet Nam Veteran.  You would think honor would supercede financial gain.

John is a good businessman according to Kyle and wondered if the Birdies would be able to connect the dots to figure out John's next move.

I do not doubt that he is a good businessman....Kyle's bread and butter.  I've seen business partners part ways and come full circle. 

And the possibilities for huge contracts in the are appear to be almost limitless.  Could be courting business with any one of them as would be expected of someone in that line.

What is not expected is the injection of Natalee into the fray.  Not to turn over the results to ALE that has proven itself to be the enemy of truth in this entire investigation.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: February 16, 2009, 02:46:47 PM »

I am personally expecting Kyle Kingman to be the catalyst to expose the happenings on board the Persistence pertaining to the "finale to the great Aruban coverup" ... the "finale to the great Aruban coverup" which could not have happened without the original assistance of two Americans ... John Silvetti and Tim Trahan and ... then the assistance of Kyle Kingman and Louis Schaefer after the face.

Think about it.  Kyle Kingman was troubled/frustrated concerning the chain of command in regards to the contents of the cage/trap ... a chain of command that implied only Aruban involvement.  However ... at some period of time ... he allowed circumstances to harden his heart and ... justice for Natalee Holloway and ... closure for her anguished  family took a back seat.

When I consider Kyle Kingman's faith which reflects my own ... I believe it is only a matter of time before he will bow and ... acept responsibility for his wrongdoing.  Kyle's  Christian testimony and ... his role as a husband and father ... dictates it.

Janet

++++++

oceanexploration

... Dr. Hodges never skipped a beat.  His theories are far outside of my expertise, so I'm in no position to judge them as valid or not.  I hope they're valid for their potential application to other future cases and current cold cases.  As far as the search goes, the theories played no part in the planning or execution of the search.  Regardless, I enjoyed talking with him particularly in terms of our mutual faith in Jesus Christ.

oceanexploration

I say this with absolute conviction... I do not have enough faith to be an atheist in times like this.  It is examples such as these that remind humanity that people still go out of their way for others. About 2000 years ago there was the perfect example of a loving sacrifice ... 

He was so troubled by his bread and butter relationship/boss with John Silvetti that he flew to the U.S. behind his bread/butter/boss' back and tried to sell the ROV/images to the U.S. Executives.

He was so troubled when that did not pan out to make money that he tried to set up another plan.

RATHER then do-the-right-thing no matter what.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #507 on: February 16, 2009, 02:48:30 PM »

KTF,

And the possibilities for huge contracts in the are appear to be almost limitless.  Could be courting business with any one of them as would be expected of someone in that line.

What is not expected is the injection of Natalee into the fray.  Not to turn over the results to ALE that has proven itself to be the enemy of truth in this entire investigation.

Not to turn over the results to ALE that has proven itself to be the enemy of truth in this entire investigation.

So very well stated Anna.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: February 16, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »

Joran in Thailand at the end of January 2009:

http://www.rtl.nl/components/actueel/rtlboulevard/index_video.xml

To watch the video, choose January then 28-1
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: February 16, 2009, 02:54:04 PM »

Contract to Acergy for installations on Ormen Lange Southern Field Development

Posted: 28.09.2007

Hydro has on behalf of the Ormen Lange Licences awarded a contract worth approximately NOK 320 million to Acergy for the installation of one MEG line, one umbilical and Tie-in and RFO operations for the Ormen Lange Southern Field Development project.

http://www.maritimeandenergy.com/sider/tekst.asp?side=1894

Is this not where Kyle went?

The Ormen Lange - Norway
16-July, 2008 0135am
Posted by Kyle Kingman at 11:31 AM 0 comments

we know Kyle is working for Statoil Hydro,AGR Drilling, Fugro Norway

Ormen Lange Excavation - North SeaOrmen Lange deep sea pipeline excavation monitoring with Oceaneering Magnum ROV and high-resolution multibeam sonar. StatoilHydro, AGR Drilling, Fugro Norway
Posted by Kyle Kingman at 4:43 PMhttp://geosolutions.blogspot.com/2008/07/ormen-lange-excavation-north-sea-norway.html

The Group represents the integrated capabilities of five GeoLab Companies; GeoLab Technical Services Ltd. (UK), GeoLab srl. (Italy), GeoLab bv (Netherlands), GeoLab LLC (USA) and GeoLab Technical Services Nigeria Ltd. (Nigeria).
http://www.e-pageads.com/surveymarketplace/newsletter/newsletter71.html#2

WENT TO NORTHSEAOrmen Lange deep sea pipeline excavation monitoring with Oceaneering Magnum ROV and high-resolution multibeam sonar. StatoilHydro, AGR Drilling, Fugro Norway WENT TO EGYPTCurrent Project: Cairo Egypt, Multiple Site Surveys, Pipeline Prelays Performing multiple site surveys and large pipeline prelay surveys in the Mediterranean Sea, offshore Egypt. Performing office based geo-QC of data, processing, analysis, and reporting Kyles other website
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01992275539462352166

Stolt offshore changed it's name to Acergy.Didn't know if there was a connection Kermit!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: February 16, 2009, 02:55:13 PM »

Recap:
John Silvetti wanted to set up an office in Aruba to do business with South America
John Silvetti and Louis Schafer set out to map the ocean floor oh, yeah and find Natalee's remains.
Oil Pipeline
Valero Refinery

is it adding up yet????

Have we been looking at the wrong companies?Should we look at ecopetrol(Colombia)?

You guys have put together a number of pieces that I did not. It's all fitting and telling us the truth.

Yes keep looking into every thread that connects these companies, believe me it's a maze and hard to keep track of.

What I have found is, like Silvetti, they have a number of companies with contracts that interrelate with each other. For example. Company from Norway has a contract with British, and they sub contract to say Silvetti's Netherlands merged company for a part of the business. etc etc. It appears to be all about connections and who does what.

You can look into crews and follow them too to see where that may lead.

I, not being a seaman, having only dreamed of sleeping at Mrs. Janet and Mr. Veggie's pond, don't know all the exact ins and outs of that business. BUT it is there, you just have to follow it and connect.

Believe me I'm still connecting - like you all did last week with Silvetti.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: February 16, 2009, 02:59:05 PM »

Janet

++++++

oceanexploration

oceanexploration

He was so troubled by his bread and butter relationship/boss with John Silvetti that he flew to the U.S. behind his bread/butter/boss' back and tried to sell the ROV/images to the U.S. Executives.

He was so troubled when that did not pan out to make money that he tried to set up another plan.

RATHER then do-the-right-thing no matter what.

God is not finished with any of us Kermit.  I am not giving Kyle Kingman a free pass.

I am just saying that between Kyle Kingman's professed Christian faith and ... his initial reactions to the happenings on board the Persistence encompassing the trap/cage ... I believe a foundation exists that has to ability to cause Kyle to bow and ... do right ... afford the Natalee Holloway family a measure of closure in what must be an ongoing nightmare ... an ongoing nightmare compliments of Aruba.

Janet

++++++++

KYLE KINGMAN - IN HIS OWN WORDS

Kyle:
  I get done in the survey room backing up the ROV dive and head to the back deck to talk to the Polis divers and see what they sampled and see the Polis boat way in the distance heading away fast. John doesn't seem concerned at all, but I am very dissapointed, concerned, and burning inside because I have a feeling that I/we will never know what they took from the trap. That evening I talked to John asking when we plan on recovering the trap. Previously this was part of the talks and plan, but this time he doesn't seem concerned about ever looking into the trap further. After John verbally BASHED me about the trap for what I said to Tim Miller about the sand body-form and that I believed her skirt was under the sand, John pretty much committed himself to the belief the trap wasn't what we were after. This shocked me because it was exactly what we were looking for- a fish trap lost at sea with human remains.

Kyle:  I did not feel the same and we had a major difference in opinion. He [John Silvetti] was the one who never pressed ALE to be completely open with us with the trap evidence. I would have forced them to. However, John was the one paying my invoices so I was forced to sit back and hope for the best.

Kyle: I know Tim believed me and was convinced 100% which is why he went and told Dave that we found Natalee on Dec 29th. John stood back and waited and worked with the Aruban Polis to arrange the next dive -Dec 30th's which was the visual-only dive.  John told me then he didn't want to hear me ever mention the trap again. Of course this didn't set well with me.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #512 on: February 16, 2009, 02:59:26 PM »

Joran in Thailand at the end of January 2009:

http://www.rtl.nl/components/actueel/rtlboulevard/index_video.xml

To watch the video, choose January then 28-1

another blonde girl.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #513 on: February 16, 2009, 03:05:15 PM »

Recap:
Oil Pipeline
Valero Refinery

is it adding up yet????

You guys have put together a number of pieces that I did not. It's all fitting and telling us the truth.

Yes keep looking into every thread that connects these companies, believe me it's a maze and hard to keep track of.

What I have found is, like Silvetti, they have a number of companies with contracts that interrelate with each other. For example. Company from Norway has a contract with British, and they sub contract to say Silvetti's Netherlands merged company for a part of the business. etc etc. It appears to be all about connections and who does what.

I, not being a seaman, having only dreamed of sleeping at Mrs. Janet and Mr. Veggie's pond, don't know all the exact ins and outs of that business. BUT it is there, you just have to follow it and connect.

It is very convoluted.I'm sure that's the way they like it.In regards to the Valero refinery.I think whomeever purchase's that will reveal a little something so to speak.What would benefit Aruba more in terms of the pipeline?Colombia,Venezuela,and or Brazil?Will China buy the refinery?Will America let that happen?Just thoughts and questions..

MOHANDAS GANDHI
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #514 on: February 16, 2009, 03:12:24 PM »

Recap:
Oil Pipeline
Valero Refinery

is it adding up yet????

A maze, you say?      Yes, it is.  I ended up looking a Canadian companies last week and got lost in it.   They all seem interconnected with projects and big energy companies.   

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #515 on: February 16, 2009, 04:21:40 PM »

There is a big trade show in San Antionio, TX, March 3-5, 2009
for Underwater Construction Companies.  It is at the Gonzales center.
Several of the companies that have come up are sponsors of the show.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #516 on: February 16, 2009, 04:49:31 PM »

There is a big trade show in San Antionio, TX, March 3-5, 2009
for Underwater Construction Companies.  It is at the Gonzales center.
Several of the companies that have come up are sponsors of the show.

Here is the list of exhibitors.  Sponsors are at the home site.

http://www.pennenergyevents.com/index.php5?fair=531&fid=1&offset=0&order=&firstletter=65&Action=showCompanies&bc=

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #517 on: February 16, 2009, 05:46:56 PM »

Riding the tide
  by: Russell McCulley
  Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Now in its sixth decade – almost as long as the offshore industry itself – New Orleans-based offshore service vessel operator Tidewater has proved its staying power. But in the present flurry of oil and gas exploration, some say the company is playing it too safe. Russell McCulley talks to chairman, president and CEO Dean Taylor about the company’s strategy and how it is adapting to global challenges.

Dean Taylor likes to use the word ‘disciplined’ when discussing Tidewater’s operating philosophy – particularly when answering charges that the owner of the world’s largest fleet of offshore service vessels is too conservative: that its fleet, dominated by aging workhorses, isn’t flashy and new enough, and that the company has been slow to pour money into acquiring deepwater ships with all the latest bells and whistles. Taylor, who assumed Tidewater’s top spot in 2002, begs to differ.

‘We have a number of traditional vessels that aren’t all deepwater and new vessels, and that's been a knock on our company,’ he concedes. ‘I think we're working our way through that.We have the industry’s largest new fleet as we speak.’ But the conservative tag has at times been a drag on the company’s stock performance. ‘We also have a number of traditional vessels that tend to weigh down our multiple, I think,’ he says. ‘It seems that the investing public looks at our traditional vessels and says the earnings power of those vessels will be going down soon. But I think we’ve been proving them wrong. And as we continue to build out our new and deepwater fleet, that perception will change.’

Tidewater closed fiscal year 2008 with $1.27 billion in revenues and seemed poised to at least equal that amount in FY2009, reporting $328 million in revenues for the first quarter. Yet net profit for the quarter was down from the previous year, and the first quarter results were a deemed a disappointment. ‘We are having trouble with our costs,’ Taylor says. ‘We think we’re getting a lid on them, but until we demonstrate that to [Wall Street], the Street is going to be disappointed.’ A $29 million chunk of Tidewater’s quarterly expenses were due to days the company’s vessels spent in dry dock. And the company racked up legal expenses related to an investigation into allegations involving an affiliate making illegal payments.

Taylor seems undaunted by the recent setbacks; much of the escalating costs, including a 10% pay increase for Brazilian employees, higher fuel costs and maintenance prices, are being felt throughout the industry. Tidewater has 59 vessels under construction representing $1.2 billion in investment, including some acquired from other companies that were already under contract: 25 anchor handlers; 28 platform supply vessels; four crew boats; and two tugs. Most of the anchor handlers and PSVs will be deepwater and DPS-capable, Taylor says. The company expects to take delivery on 19 new vessels this year and 19 more in 2009.

Once the newbuild fleet is in place, Taylor says, ‘those 59 will not only replace but will exceed, given today’s economics, the earnings power of the entire 250 boats in our traditional fleet.We feel like we’re not only replacing earnings; we’re growing earnings as we add to that growing backlog of vessels.’Tidewater has 453 vessels in its fleet – 130 of them new – and about 8500 employees worldwide.

Growing the fleet

Tidewater likes to boast that it practically invented the work boat industry. Founded by the Laborde family of New Orleans, the company launched its first ship, the Ebb Tide, in 1956, serving the nascent offshore oil and gas development of the Gulf of Mexico. The company soon expanded to Venezuela, where it still has a major presence; by the 1960s, Tidewater had operations in Latin America,West Africa and Australia. The company is the largest service provider to Petrobras, and operates the bulk of its fleet outside US waters.

Tidewater’s expansion has come largely through acquisitions. In 1992, the company took over Zapata Gulf Marine, a move that nearly doubled its fleet to 500 vessels. In 1996, under Taylor’s predecessor William O’Malley, Tidewater picked up another 90 vessels with the acquisition of Hornbeck Offshore Services. Taylor was in charge in 2003, when the company acquired Ensco Drilling and its Gulf of Mexico fleet of 27 vessels – five anchor handlers, six large-capacity PSVs, 13 standard sully vessels and three utility vessels – for about $79 million.

Taylor says that although there have been other acquisition opportunities during his tenure, ‘we felt we were better off growing organically.’ The company has pledged to be more aggressive in growing its fleet, whether through newbuilds or acquisitions, to the tune of about $1 billion a year in capital commitments, he says, up from $300 million to $500 million per year.

Although roughly 90% of Tidewater’s business is international, Taylor, like many in the industry, has become a strong advocate for expanded drilling in many areas of the US that are currently off-limits to exploration. ‘There will be more work for us, and our contractors,’ he says. But beyond such obvious benefits to industry, he says, a lifting of the ban – which appears to be picking up public support in light of higher fuel costs – would be good for the nation’s energy security. ‘The more we import, the more we transport. And that’s where the real environmental risk lies,’ he says. ‘We should be doing everything we can to be more self-sufficient in energy.’

At home in Louisiana

Tidewater raised alarm in New Orleans nearly two years after Hurricane Katrina, when rumors swirled that the company was on the verge of moving its headquarters to Houston. In a city still struggling to rebuild from the 2005 storm – and one that had lost much of its oilfield action to its neighbor to the west even before Katrina – the possible move was spun as something approaching betrayal. Taylor fanned the flames by refusing to rule out relocation, citing the company’s responsibility to its shareholders, and still keeps the possibility open.

‘There are lots of reasons to stay in Louisiana and the New Orleans area, but there are lots of reasons to be in Houston, too, most of which center around customers,’ he says. ‘Most of our customers are in Houston.’ Taylor and top executives spend much of their time in Houston, where Tidewater maintains offices and a staff of 15; about 85 employees are in New Orleans, and the company has an operations base in Amelia, Louisiana.

Taylor still has harsh words for a city government and culture that are often characterized as unfriendly to business. But he is encouraged by recent political changes at the state and local level. ‘It does seem that state politics are moving in the right direction, and the City Council is moving in the right direction,’ he says, referring to the administration of governor Bobby Jindal, who assumed office early this year amid promises of reform, along with several new reformminded city officials. ‘We’re hopeful that the environment will change in such a fashion that it will be attractive for our company to remain in New Orleans.

‘It’s funny – all during the time we were in the decision making process, people would grab me by the lapel and say, “Dean, you need to stay in New Orleans because it will be good for the city.” And people in Houston would say, “Dean, you ought to move to Houston because it would be good for your company.” That’s an important difference – a profound difference – in the attitudes of these two cities. And it doesn’t reflect well on the leadership of New Orleans. A company shouldn’t even have to ask itself whether it should be moving or not. If conditions are right, a company will come, and it will stay.’

Leadership aside, he says, ‘Louisiana has a wealth of talented people. Before the storm, you had a selection of people who didn’t want to leave New Orleans, and consequently formed the backbone of a very strong workforce. But since the storm it’s become more difficult to find professional people. A good number have left the city, so there’s a tightness in the market that we didn’t have before.’

It’s not unusual, he says, to find people on staff who have been with the company 25 years or more; Taylor himself has been at Tidewater for some three decades, during which he’s seen the industry’s fortunes ebb and flow. That long memory informs the company’s conservative – or, as he might have it, disciplined – culture.

‘Are we too conservative?’ he asks. ‘It’s a cyclical industry. I’ve been in it 30 years, and for the better part of those 30 years times have not been good. It is easy to get caught up in the heat of the moment, and when times are good, to think it will be good forever.We try to take a more balanced view here at Tidewater. What we’re doing is trying to manage the company to be a great company through the cycles, not just at the top of the cycles.’

With demand for offshore service vessels high and little sign of a slowdown in exploration, the current up-cycle could be sustained, he says.

‘I think we’re in for a pretty good ride.’ OE

Copyright © 1996-2009 OilOnline/Atlantic Communications
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.oilonline.com/news/features/oe/20081015.Riding_t.23881.asp

Tidewater merged with Hornbeck in 1996.  Tidewater showed interest in Superior Offshore's assets.  Hornbeck bought vessel 'Achiever'.  Petrobras is their client.   I didn't bring over the three pictures in the article, but tried to highlight some of the points of interest, though I may have missed some.

Notice last quote in the article.       
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:50:26 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #518 on: February 16, 2009, 05:54:42 PM »

Are you kidding me 2nj??

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #519 on: February 16, 2009, 06:03:35 PM »

Reading back over some old stuff.Interesting how all the names from the beginning are popping right back up in the end!

The portrait that emerges of Joran van der Sloot—an honor roll student and star athlete at the International School of Aruba—is of a popular teenager who "liked to party," says Kimberly Boekhout, a regular in the same social circles. "But he only wanted to party with American tourists. He liked girls with blond hair." Sjona Vrolijk, who knows him from the bar scene, says, "He has a funny personality that makes people like to be around him. And when he found a girl, he'd move very fast."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20148066,00.html

Boekhout=Mr. J. A. (Alfonso) Boekhoudt, Managing Director Aruba Port Authority

Vrolijk=We all know that name

Don't know if the first one is misspelled or not.Thought it was interesting to say the least..

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.