March 28, 2024, 06:05:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE DEVRIES/VAN DER EEM VIDEO RECORDING AND THE KALPOE VS PHIL MCGRAW CONNECTION  (Read 270821 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #560 on: June 16, 2010, 02:41:17 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Friend Of Confessed Killer Joran van der Sloot Suffers Legal Setback In Dr. Phil Lawsuit
Posted on Jun 16, 2010 @ 06:22AM

A former friend of confessed murderer Joran van der Sloot has suffered a legal setback in his lawsuit against Dr. Phil, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

EXCLUSIVE LEGAL DOCUMENT: Deepak Kalpoe Suffers Legal Setback In Dr. Phil Lawsuit

Deepak Kalpoe, who was with Van der sloot and Natalee Holloway the night she disappeared in Aruba, was arrested a few days after her disappearance.

He and his brother appeared on Dr. Phil McGraw’s syndicated talk show, but allege that their interviews were manipulated. Court documents filed in 2006 state that the show portrays Deepak Kalpoe and Satish Kalpoe “as engaging in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway and constitutes defamation.”

Kalpoe wanted to have his deposition taken in Aruba, and that motion was denied on Tuesday. The ruling states, "Taking of Plaintiff's depositions in Los Angeles is EXTENDED to September 1, 2010. The parties must meet and confer re: visa status... no later than August 16th, 2010."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/06/exclusive-friend-confessed-killer-joran-van-der-sloot-suffers-legal-setback-dr

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #561 on: June 30, 2010, 03:49:30 PM »

Aruban Authorities Speak to CBS42
Last Update: 6/07 12:50 am

Birmingham, AL (WIAT)- Jossy Mansur, editor of Diario newspaper in Aruba, spoke with CBS 42 by phone, Sunday afternoon. He said there are two planned searches on the island. He says one will be near the bird sanctuary and the other near the dam. Mansur says the two other suspects in the Holloway case, Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, are still believed to live on the island. They have kept a very low profile. He believes they should be worried Joran may try to implicate them in the disappearance of Natalee to get a better deal in Peru.

Joran van der Sloot will spend next week at police headquarters in Peru. He faces more questioning, and officials are testing a tennis racket and bloody clothes, for d-n-a linking him to the death of a young woman.

The two were caught on tape entering his hotel room, the day she was killed. As you can imagine, this is the talk of Aruba where Natalee Holloway disappeared five years ago. Joran van der Sloot is still the prime suspect in that case. 

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Aruban-Authorities-Speak-to-CBS42/-WvWfDxXok60JfQse3kJRg.cspx

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: August 21, 2010, 08:13:52 PM »

THE INVOLVEMENT OF THE KALPOES

Peter Devries

Newsweek - February 8, 2008

Do you believe that the Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were involved in any way?

PETER DEVIRES:  No, not at all.  On the tapes Joran calls them stupid.  I don't believe they were involved.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/109260/page/3

THE COMPLETE STORY
How a sensational hidden camera operation
solved the Natalee Holloway case

Peter Devries:

Jorans friends Deepak and Satish, who have been arrested for this case several times, are completely innocent.

http://www.peterrdevries.com/complete-story.htm

Beth Holloway

Nancy Grace - August 26, 2006

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY: We`ve known from day one Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are way deeply involved in this.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0508/26/ng.01.html

Karin Janssen - First Arrest - June, 2005

Aruba Authorities Detail Murder Suspicions
Friday, June 24, 2005

Joran van der Sloot (search) and his friends Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are being held under suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160654,00.html

Karin Janssen - Second Arrest - August, 2005

Brothers arrested again in Aruba case
Two held on suspicion of acting with others in teen's rape, killing
Saturday, August 27, 2005 Posted: 0319 GMT (1119 HKT)

(CNN) -- After being detained and then released last month in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, two brothers were arrested again Friday in Aruba on suspicion they acted "together with other people" in raping and killing the Alabama teen, the prosecutor's office said.

Without elaborating on the evidence, the office said in a statement that "new facts and circumstances" led them to re-arrest Satish Kalpoe, 18 and brother Deepak, 21.

"They are suspected of the primary criminal act of together with other people committing premeditated murder, alternately together with other people murdering somebody, more alternately rob a person of her liberty with fatal consequences and even more alternately raping somebody," the statement said.

"Aside from these suspicions against the two brothers, there are new suspicions, which at this point the prosecutor is not commenting on."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/26/aruba.arrests/index.html

Hans Mos - Third Arrest - November, 2007

Three Young Men Re-Arrested in Natalee Holloway Disappearance
Thursday, November 22, 2007

Dutch student Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were arrested on suspicion of involvement in voluntary manslaughter and causing serious bodily harm that resulted in the death of Holloway, the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312488,00.html

Arlene Ellis-Schipper - Aruban Attorney

Nancy Grace - July 20, 2005

ARLENE ELLIS-SCHIPPER, ARUBAN ATTORNEY: There is no grand jury in Aruba. It`s a different system.  You are arrested based on suspicion, on strong suspicion.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/14/ng.01.html

Noraina Pietersz - Aruban Attorney

Associated Press- June 9, 2005

Under Aruban law, only serious suspicion from investigators — not solid evidence — is needed for a judge to rule that suspects can be held, Pietersz said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8079019/

gn xo

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: August 22, 2010, 10:56:26 PM »

THE PUBLIC PROSECUTOR IS WORKING HARD ON THE CASE?

Peter Devries

02 - 15 - 2008 / 11:30 a.m. (G.M.T.)
NO REARREST FOR JORAN

For all clarity, the fact that Van der Sloot has not been taken into custody on remand does not mean that the judicial investigation against him has come to an end. Far from it. The Public Prosecutor is working hard on the case in which Joran van der Sloot is still prime suspect.

Peter R. de Vries

http://www.peterrdevries.com/news-norearrest.htm

Dave Holloway

Natalee Holloway's Dad: Aruba Investigators Ignored Another Potential Witness
Thursday, November 20, 2008

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Hans Mos does not believe this witness?

DAVE HOLLOWAY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S FATHER: Hans Mos does not believe the witness. And when the witness gave his statement, it's my understanding that when he got -- when he almost got to the part talking about the judge, Hans Mos made a comment that, what a nice guy he was and all this kind of stuff. ...

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Did the -- did -- was there ever any follow-up to see whether or not your witness had information that was truly helpful? Did Hans Mos, even though he didn't believe him -- did he at least assign someone to go out and investigate and look at that pond area?

HOLLOWAY: No, he didn't. You know, we had asked him to. And in fact, we had planned to go excavate the pond ourselves, and these hurricanes came through and one came close to Aruba and filled the pond back up with water. It's still our plan to go back. I think Hans Mos and I discussed, you know, Natalee's not in the pond, but we believe that, you know, he could possibly find a tennis shoe, maybe her driver's license or even some of Natalee's clothing, which would help lead into, you know, the timeline. And also, this witness implicates Paulus van der Sloot. So if that's the case, you know, that needs to be done.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,455069,00.html

Beth Holloway

Natalee Holloway's Mom: Aruba Investigators 'Not Following Up on Any Leads'
Wednesday, November 19, 2008

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Karin Janssen was the original prosecutor and Hans Mos took over. When she left Aruba, did she call you and sort of tie up lose ends, or did she just sort of vanish from your radar screen?

BETH HOLLOWAY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY'S MOTHER: ... So you know, that's always been an issue, just no communication from the prosecuting attorney's office. And you know, it just leaves you wondering, you know, where are you? And you hear all this information coming them, saying that they're following up on every lead. Well, you know, that's just simply not true. They're not following up on any leads.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454527,00.html

Quote from: jen3560 on July 21, 2009, 04:16:40 PM

Natalee's Freebirds heard from this family member on Sept 14 2008 with the info that Beth was not at all happy with Mos.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5372.msg884344#msg884344

ins?

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: August 23, 2010, 02:18:23 PM »

http://www.peterrdevries.nl/nieuws/peter-r.-de-vries-gearresteerd-in-australi/

Google translation:

Saturday, August 21, 2010, 07:30
News
Peter R. de Vries on bail by Australian court

Peter R. de Vries
Crime Reporter Peter R. de Vries after 24 hours in a cell to have chaired this morning by a court in Perth on bail. De Vries must next Tuesday in a trial justified. Condition of bail is that De Vries until then it detected the suspected murder of Daniel Ross is not approaching, nor in his neighborhood is.

Penalty
Chantal Schuylenburch, also arrested the colleague of De Vries has directly been fined $ 200 and no longer have to stand trial. She too was released this morning.

The arrest of crime reporter has been pretty big news in Australia. The morning court session was attended by many people. At the detention center where De Vries and Van Schuylenburch detained, had settled several camera crews prepared.

Inverted World

Peter is arrested
Peter R. de Vries said the state of affairs after his release absurd and not fit within the judicial process in a Western country, "We have just done our job. I have not Ross threatened, insulted or touched. I am not even been inside with him. I just wanted to ask questions and deliver a letter. It is incredible that the Australian police on his panic and call uitrukte U.S. arrested and locked in place that is happy that we have a fugitive murder suspect identified. They take him to protect and punish us. While the worldwide accepted fact is that a fugitive murder suspect knowingly takes the risk that he gets the press behind him and what critical questions to be put up, but that is obviously different in Australia. Ross is not suspected of shoplifting, but of murder and is internationally by Interpol reported. It really is the world upside down. "

Completely stripped
De Vries and Van Schuylenburch told that their detention fulfill all the clichés that you see in films: "We had to undress completely - a so-called 'strip search - and were put naked against the wall. We then had to bend knee to make sure no contraband we had at our bodily orifices. Then we had to give up fingerprints and DNA, and were locked in a bare concrete cell, with only a plastic mattress and a blanket. The light stayed on all night. By fellow prisoners were constantly beaten and yelled at the bars. It was cold in the cell.

Finally attention
De Vries refers to a special experience: It was not mildly fun, but it can not hurt the other side agrees to do. I have never belonged to the group who claimed that prison is a joke. Result of our arrest is that now the media and to inform the judicial level sudden attention to the case of the fugitive Daniel Ross. That makes it all worth it. "

Last update: Saturday, August 21, 2010, 17:03 hours

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: August 23, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »

Dutch crime reporters arrested in WA
Updated Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:06pm AEST

Two Dutch film-makers have appeared in a Perth court after they were arrested during their attempts to interview a man over a murder case.

The film-makers say the man is wanted by Interpol for questioning over the 2008 murder of a backpacker in Honduras.

They repeatedly ignored police requests to move away from the man's Subiaco house yesterday and were eventually arrested.

One of them, Chantelle van Schuylenburgh, pleaded guilty to a charge of failing to comply with the move-on notice and was fined $200.

Her colleague Peter Devries refused to enter a plea and his case was adjourned until Tuesday.

They have vowed to return to the man's house

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/21/2989570.htm

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: August 23, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »

Tv crime reporter out on bail
Monday 23 August 2010

Dutch tv crime reporter Peter R de Vries was released on bail on Saturday by the court in the Australian city of Perth.

De Vries was arrested on Friday with his colleague Chantal van Schuylenburgh as he was trying to deliver a letter to a man he suspects of having murdered Mariska Mast in 2008. The charge is suspected house-breaking.

De Vries pleaded not guilty and was released on condition he does not return to the man's house, according to reports in the Dutch press. His case will be heard on Tuesday.

Schuylenburgh pleaded guilty and was fined €140.

After his release, De Vries told journalists he found it strange to be arrested when all he wanted to do was give a letter to a murder suspect.

The 23-year-old Mariska Mast died under suspicious circumstances while on holiday in Honduras. A British-Australian diving instructor was arrested but later freed and his passport confiscated. With dual nationality, he used a second passport to flee Honduras. De Vries and his team traced him to Perth.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2010/08/tv_crime_reporter_out_on_bail.php

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: August 26, 2010, 02:25:40 PM »

No K2 hearing tomorrow.

Future Hearings

09/28/2010 at 08:32 am in department 69 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Motion (to Strike Case Management Order;Motion to Designate Case "Complex"c/f 8-27-10)

A couple new filings from Plaintiff (K2).  I don't see anything filed by Defense.

08/25/2010 Stipulation (to cont. hearing on plaintiff's motion re:complex, cmc and motion to strike )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

08/25/2010 Order ( RE: STIP TO CONTINUE HEARINGS )
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: August 26, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »

Inquiring minds want to know why the judge not thrown out this defamation suit by Deepak and Satish Kalpoe against Phil McGraw.  The five day deadline of February 6, 2008 has come and gone ... further extensions have come and gone.

Could it be that ... behind the scenes ... the Kalpoes attorneys are challenging the release of documents ... documents that have nothing to do with the foundation of the case ... the foundation that asks the question ... "Was the Phil McGraw recording deceptively manipulated ... the Phil McGraw recording that was copied directly from Jamie Skeeters' hard drive?"

Could it be that the Phil McGraw attorneys are resisting a professional  comparison?

Could it be that when all is said and done ... there will be a negotiated settlement that will benefit the Kalpoe brother?

Janet

+++++++++

Feb 6, 2008 5:00 am US/Pacific
Former Holloway Suspects Can Sue Dr. Phil

LOS ANGELES (AP) ―   

A judge refused to dismiss a defamation suit Tuesday against CBS and television psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw brought by two brothers who were questioned in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

William Cremer, the lead attorney for Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, praised the decision by Superior Court Judge Edward A. Ferns.

"I'm going to take Dr. Phil down," he said outside the courtroom.

The ruling came a day after ABC's "20/20" aired a secretly recorded conversation involving Joran Van der Sloot, who also has been interrogated by Aruban authorities on Holloway's May 2005 disappearance. In the tape, Van der Sloot claims that Holloway died on the beach while they were kissing, and that he tried to revive her but failed. He said that the teen's body was dumped in the ocean and that it would never be found.

Joseph Tacopina, a lawyer for Van der Sloot, said that his client was not responsible for the Alabama teenager's death and that the tapes do not amount to a confession. Last week, Van der Sloot said he was lying in those conversations and denied that he had anything to do with Holloway's disappearance.

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and got rid of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

Cremer said the taped remarks by Van der Sloot, which were secretly recorded by a Dutch crime reporter, help his clients' defamation case.

"It pretty much exonerates my boys, doesn't it?" Cremer said.

In their dismissal motion, attorneys for CBS Television and McGraw maintained lawyers for the Kalpoes did not meet deadlines to produce all documents they have demanded concerning the criminal case investigation against the brothers in Aruba.

But the judge gave the Kalpoes' lawyers another five days to satisfy the document deadline.

"The documents are relevant to the most fundamental issues in this case," Ferns stated in his ruling. "There is no other (information) which can substitute for the documents sought by the defendants due to the nature of this case."

In June, another judge dismissed a wrongful death case against the Kalpoes by Holloway's parents, ruling the Los Angeles Superior Court did not have jurisdiction. The parents maintained the brothers conceded jurisdiction when they sued CBS and McGraw in Los Angeles.

(© 2009 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

http://cbs2.com/entertainment/doctor.phil.mcgraw.2.647163.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: August 26, 2010, 02:34:23 PM »

I am one with Beth Holloway that Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are involved in the happenings encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 ... the morning her precious daughter went missing and ... was never seen again.

However ... does Deepak's own words on the Jamie Skeeters' hard drive reveal involvement?

Janet

++++++

Beth Holloway

Nancy Grace - August 26, 2006

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY: We`ve known from day one Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are way deeply involved in this.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0508/26/ng.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: August 26, 2010, 02:58:14 PM »

Could it be that the reason requested documents are required by Phil McGraw's attorneys is that backup is required to prove that Deepak and Satish were not defamed by a recorded copy was deceptively manipulated from the original?

Janet

+++++++

Steve Cohen - Media Spokesperson

ARUBA TRUTH - December 7, 2005

A coalition of groups announced Friday the appointment of Steve Cohen to act as spokesperson to North American media, in regards to the Natalee Holloway disappearance case.

Mr. Cohen has been part of the Strategic Communications Task Force since its creation in June. He has a full knowledge of the case ....

CARIBBEAN VOICE - January 18, 2006

If current findings are true, Cohen said they are going to accelerate their efforts. Extensive search for forensic evidence continues. Yesterday, 50 members of the Aruban police department searched extensively through the dune by the lighthouse in search for clues. "Anything DNA that is identified to be of Natalee's will allow us to bring a strong case forward against the three boys. We are also getting to finally talk to some of the Alabama teens who left on that plane and did not wait around for interrogation," said Cohen.

Aruba believes it is most important to get a hold of her mental state and most importantly, Natalee's physical state at the time of disappearance.  "Two of the boys said they had consensual sex with her. Whether consensual or not, depends on her ability to be conscious and make a choice," said Cohen.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: August 26, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »

Gerold Dompig - Chief of Police

Gerold Dompig’s official position within the Natalee Holloway investigation dictates that inside information was at the foundation of his words regarding his suspicions encompassing the involvement of Deepak and Satish Kalpoe.
_________

Aruban police say new tapes could spur arrests
Police official tells 'Abrams Report' about latest in the Holloway case
TRANSCRIPT
updated 6:14 p.m. PT, Wed., Oct. 12, 2005

GERALD DOMPIG, ARUBAN DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE:  DOMPIG: Exactly. And I go by the rule of thumb that, in the first 40 days -- as I said in a different program -- the first 40 days, law enforcement has probably also already spoken to the perpetrators.

So we feel strongly that we have already spoken to them. And there's no one else outside this group that could be involved or responsible.

So sometimes people will ask us that, "Are you not tunnel-visioned? Maybe you should look at other possibilities." Of course. We did that. But we still feel that, every time you go on a path, a different path, that path leads back, comes back to these three boys.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9676188/page/2/

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Nov. 2nd
updated 8:26 a.m. PT, Thurs., Nov. 3, 2005

RITA COSBY, HOST:  Do you believe, Chief—you said to me even before this interview that you believe the boys are guilty as hell. Do you believe they‘re involved in her disappearance?

GEROLD DOMPIG, ARUBA DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF:  Yes.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9910586/from/RL.3/

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for April 5
updated 9:40 a.m. PT, Thurs., April. 6, 2006

GEROLD DOMPIG, ARUBAN DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE: I want to state once more that I still believe that these boys have been lying. They‘re still lying, and everybody knows that by now. So there‘s no doubt in my mind that they know something.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12187266/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #572 on: August 26, 2010, 03:15:26 PM »

THE ARUBAN PROSECUTORS - DEEPAK AND SATISH KALPOE

Karin Janssen - First Arrest - June, 2005

Aruba Authorities Detail Murder Suspicions
Friday, June 24, 2005

Joran van der Sloot (search) and his friends Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are being held under suspicion of murder and kidnapping as well as being an accessory to murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160654,00.html

Karin Janssen - Second Arrest - August, 2005

Brothers arrested again in Aruba case
Two held on suspicion of acting with others in teen's rape, killing
Saturday, August 27, 2005 Posted: 0319 GMT (1119 HKT)

(CNN) -- After being detained and then released last month in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, two brothers were arrested again Friday in Aruba on suspicion they acted "together with other people" in raping and killing the Alabama teen, the prosecutor's office said.

Without elaborating on the evidence, the office said in a statement that "new facts and circumstances" led them to re-arrest Satish Kalpoe, 18 and brother Deepak, 21.

"They are suspected of the primary criminal act of together with other people committing premeditated murder, alternately together with other people murdering somebody, more alternately rob a person of her liberty with fatal consequences and even more alternately raping somebody," the statement said.

"Aside from these suspicions against the two brothers, there are new suspicions, which at this point the prosecutor is not commenting on."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/26/aruba.arrests/index.html

Hans Mos - Third Arrest - November, 2007

Three Young Men Re-Arrested in Natalee Holloway Disappearance
Thursday, November 22, 2007

Dutch student Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were arrested on suspicion of involvement in voluntary manslaughter and causing serious bodily harm that resulted in the death of Holloway, the prosecutor's office said in a statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312488,00.html

ARUBAN ATTORNEYS

Arlene Ellis-Schipper - Aruban Attorney

Nancy Grace - July 20, 2005

ARLENE ELLIS-SCHIPPER, ARUBAN ATTORNEY: There is no grand jury in Aruba. It`s a different system.  You are arrested based on suspicion, on strong suspicion.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/14/ng.01.html

Noraina Pietersz - Aruban Attorney

Associated Press- June 9, 2005

Under Aruban law, only serious suspicion from investigators — not solid evidence — is needed for a judge to rule that suspects can be held, Pietersz said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8079019/

bbl

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: August 26, 2010, 04:10:47 PM »

I do not believe that Deepak and Satish Kalpoe's attorneys would have file this defamation lawsuit if they were not certain that a professional comparison between Skeeters' hard drive and McGraw's recorded copy would reveal manipulation ... not editing.  Could it be that a negotiated settlement was the expected outcome?

Could it be that the Kalpoes' attorneys did not count on McGraw's attorneys' response to the lawsuit ... a response that would attempt to prove through documentation that no defamation occured even if the recording had been manipulated?  After all ... the "powers that be" within the Aruban investigation had officially implied through various media outlets that the Kalpoes were involved in the happenings encompassing the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: August 26, 2010, 06:06:31 PM »

SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES

Page 14:
  To the extent that the Dr. Phil Show Defendants can be shown to have been negligent or reckless in the way they edited the show and thus potentially liable, there is no competent showing the Defendant Skeeter was so involved.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kalpoedrphil050609awm.pdf

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #575 on: August 26, 2010, 06:29:39 PM »

COMPROMISING AN ONGOING INVESTIGATION?

To avoid compromising an ongoing investigation ... could it be that case documentation that has been released to the Kalpoes' attorney by the Aruban prosecutor ... released according to Dutch law ... must be kept confidential until the Natalee Holloway case is closed?

In other words ... is comply to the request for case documentation by Phil McGraw's attorney a legal impossibility according to Dutch law.

+++++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired June 10, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET

VIVIAN VAN DER BIEZEN, SPOKESPERSON FOR ARUBA PROSECUTOR:  When a defense attorney has a client, then the defense attorney will have only the statements that relate to his clients.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/10/ng.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: August 26, 2010, 06:42:47 PM »

A SWORD AND AND SHIELD?

Think about it.  From the getgo ... the Kalpoes' attorney definantly informed the court in a signed declaration that there would be no compliance to requests from McGraw's attorneys in regards to case doumentation.

Nevertheless ... four years later ... the American court judge has yet to throw out the defamation case.  Why?

It is appears that the tiny island of Aruba who ... for over five years ... through obvious conflicts of interest ... has prevented justice from prevailing for Natalee Holloway ... is once again showing America who has the upper hand.

+++++++

Holloway Case: New Kalpoe Documents
Friday, September 14, 2007

JOHN KELLY, FAMILY'S ATTORNEY: I believe David Koch (ph), one of the attorneys for the Kalpoes actually signed a declaration at the court indicating that even if the court ordered the documents be turned over, they were not going to turn them over, which was sort of, for lack of a better word, arrogant on his part. The court did not necessarily like that.

But I can't see them both using the courts as a sword and then a shield. They can't bring this action, they can't seek damages and not obey the orders of the court and expect their case to go forward.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296798,00.html

gn

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: August 26, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »

THE PHIL MCGRAW'S RECORDING MUST STAND ALONE?

Could it be that there are legal arguments taking place behind the scenes by that Kalpoes' attorneys ... legal agruments that imply that the Phil McGraw's recording must stand alone in the defamation case.

In other words ... when professional compared with the Jamie Skeeter hard drive ... was the Phil McGraw's recording deceptively manipulated to imply Deepak defamed himself?  Yes!  No!

+++++

Feb 6, 2008 5:00 am US/Pacific
Former Holloway Suspects Can Sue Dr. Phil

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and got rid of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

http://cbs2.com/entertainment/doctor.phil.mcgraw.2.647163.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: August 26, 2010, 09:11:01 PM »

Janet,

Sometimes I wonder whose side you are on.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: August 28, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »

I DIDN'T KNOW F------ SURE SHE WAS DEAD!

While justifying why the Hans Mos did not detain Joran van der Sloot following the revealation of the Range Rover confession ... could it be that Peter Devries forgot that according to Joran's own words ... he did not know if Natalee Holloway was dead or alive when he assisted in carrying Natalee Holloway to the boat ... the boat that would be taken out to sea ... the boat from which Natalee would be dumped overboard.

Under Dutch law ... I would assume that dumping a person into the ocean from a boat ... a person who could possibly be alive ... is considered an offense.

Rather than justifying the non-action of the Hans Mos ... in the name of justice for Natalee Holloway ... Peter Devries should have been admonishing.

As always ... IMO.

++++++++

According to Peter Devries

02 - 15 - 2008 / 11:30 a.m. (G.M.T.)
NO REARREST FOR JORAN: HOW DO YOU
EXPLAIN THAT TO HER RELATIVES.....?

If, during the drives, Joran had admitted to doing something to Natalee, this would imply a different – more serious – offence, which would indeed have allowed for detention on remand.

However legally correct this may be, this approach remains incomprehensible and inconceivable to Natalee’s relatives.  During five separate drives, Joran admitted to being present when Natalie died, that he didn’t go for help but rather had her body dumped in the ocean so that the police and her relatives could never find out what happened.

http://www.peterrdevries.com/news-norearrest.htm

According to Joran van der Sloots

Disposed - Patrick Vander Eem

Patrick: How did you know she was dead?

Joran: She didn't move anymore.

Patrick: And Daury, did he check?

Joran: Yeah, he stood over her and looked at her.

Patrick: That's it? What if she was in coma?

Joran: Uh...I don't know. I didn't know, she could have been in a coma.  I didn't feel her, but it didn't look good. I didn't know fuckin sure she was dead. Daury looked at her and said she was dead. He just looked at her and said, she's dead.  Could've been a coma.

?

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.