April 30, 2024, 06:46:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE DEVRIES/VAN DER EEM VIDEO RECORDING AND THE KALPOE VS PHIL MCGRAW CONNECTION  (Read 272127 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: September 05, 2010, 12:35:19 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Page 184
- Then FBI agent Bill comes by and delivers the final blow.  "The FBI has never received one single document from the Arubans.  No one tape.  Nothing," he says sadly.  Despite our personal pleas to authorities here and our broadcast appeals to Aruba to let the FBI lend a hand, and regardless of Aruba's public response that it would welcome FBI assistance, the island never let FBI agents in on the investigation.  Never passed them the ball.  Not even for one minute.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: September 05, 2010, 07:59:05 PM »

Judge Backs Dr. Phil in Defamation Lawsuit
By BILL HETHERMAN
Updated 11:00 AM PDT, Tue, Mar 10, 2009

LOS ANGELES -- A judge dismissed a memorabilia dealer's claims of defamation, false light and intentional infliction of emotional distress against Phil McGraw, saying they violated the television psychologist's free-speech rights.

The plaintiff, Thomas Riccio, was a central witness in O.J. Simpson's armed robbery and kidnapping trial in Las Vegas. His secret audio recording of the confrontation in a Las Vegas hotel room between Simpson and two memorabilia dealers became crucial evidence in the former NFL star's arrest and conviction.

Riccio filed a lawsuit Oct. 21 in Los Angeles Superior Court against McGraw and Stage 29 Media Productions Inc. According to the lawsuit, Riccio made a taped appearance on the "Dr. Phil" show on Oct. 6 that was aired two days later. Between the taping and the airing, Riccio's appearance was promoted in advertisements.

Riccio claimed the promotions contained statements that McGraw and Riccio made, but that were spliced and taken out of context so as to change their meanings.

Lawyers for McGraw and Stage 29 moved for dismissal of the case, citing their First Amendment rights. Judge Malcolm Mackey concurred the statements were protected speech.

"This is what (these) motions are made for," Mackey said. "To knock out defamation where it's not malicious."

Mackey also found that Riccio was a public figure, meaning he would have to have proved by clear and convincing evidence that he had been defamed.

The judge left intact Riccio's claim for fraud and set a trial for that remaining part of the lawsuit for Dec. 21.

Riccio's lawyer, Stanley P. Lieber, said after the hearing that he and his client will consider their options, including an appeal.

"Obviously this was not the result we had hoped for," Lieber said.

Charles L. Babcock, an attorney for McGraw and Stage 29, praised the ruling. He also said he expects the fraud claim to be dismissed because Riccio signed a release promising not to sue when he agreed to appear on the show.

In his court papers, Riccio maintained he was made to "look like a shady character" by editing done in promotional clips for the appearance on McGraw's show.

Riccio had submitted a sworn declaration in support of his lawyers' motion asking that McGraw's motion to dismiss the complaint be denied.

"The result of defendants' editing of my statements was that the promotional spots made me look like a shady character that could not be trusted," Riccio said. "I was at first shocked at what had been done to my statements, which was replaced by feelings of extreme humiliation."

Riccio also said McGraw appeared to hint that the dealer was not the author of his own book, "Busted," citing one particular page to justify some of his suspicions. "Busted" is Riccio's account of his life story and his
involvement in the Simpson case.

"McGraw's comments about the book ... left the impression that I had not written my own book and he did not bother to correct himself," Riccio said.

As a result of the alleged altering of Riccio's statements, sales of "Busted" have been "flatter than would be expected and my income has suffered as a result," according to Riccio.

Riccio also sais being labeled as the "ringleader" of the crime at the hotel was a "blatant defamatory statement."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/entertainment/celebrity/Judge-Dismisses-Simpson-Witness-Claim-Against-Dr-Phil.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: September 05, 2010, 08:11:53 PM »

Dr. Phil' Diet Pill Maker Settles Suit

CSA agrees to refunds for Shape Up buyers in response to allegations of false product claims.
September 26, 2006|Molly Selvin, Times Staff Writer

Buyers of diet products endorsed by TV psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw will be eligible for cash refunds or replacement vitamin supplements under terms of a $10.5-million settlement of a lawsuit alleging that the products didn't work as advertised.

The Shape Up products, which are no longer distributed or sold, included shakes, bars and multi-vitamins made by CSA Nutraceuticals of Irving, Texas.

McGraw plunged into the lucrative weight-loss market in mid-2003 with a campaign that included advice books, a prime-time TV special and the Shape Up products.

Facing a Federal Trade Commission investigation into allegations of false advertising, CSA Nutraceuticals stopped making the products in early 2004.

The class-action lawsuit, filed a year ago in Los Angeles County Superior Court, alleged that McGraw made false and misleading claims for the supplements.

The plaintiffs who bought the Shape Up products alleged that they lost money, not fat. The regimen required the user to swallow 22 pills daily at a cost of $120 a month.

Under terms of the settlement announced Monday, class members can receive a cash refund of $12.50 for every box of Shape Up they bought, up to four boxes, plaintiffs' lawyer Henry Rossbacher of Los Angeles said. Or they can elect to receive two bottles of Nutrilite Daily Multivitamin/Multimineral supplements for each box of Shape Up, up to eight bottles.

McGraw will not be personally liable for paying the settlement funds.

Greg Phillips, who represents McGraw, said, "We're pleased the case has settled."

Rossbacher estimates that the class includes more than 100,000 people.

Class members must file a valid claim by Jan. 22. Details of the agreement can be found online at www.shapeupsettlement.com or toll free at (888) 212-5570.

http://articles.latimes.com/2006/sep/26/business/fi-drphil26

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: September 06, 2010, 12:07:25 PM »

Restraining order on Dutch TV crew fails
AAP September 06, 2010 2:29PM

A PERTH man has failed in an attempt to have a restraining order slapped on a high-profile Dutch crime reporter and his colleagues, with the TV crew having left Australia.

Daniel Ian Ross appeared in Perth Magistrates Court today to apply for a violence restraining order on Dutch TV crime reporter Peter R de Vries and two colleagues.

Mr Ross claimed he had been harassed by the Dutch crew when they tried to talk to him at his home in the inner-city suburb of Subiaco last month.

Mr de Vries, 53, and Chantal van Schuylenburgh, 43, were arrested for disobeying a police move-on order, after trying to question Mr Ross about the violent death of a Dutch woman in Honduras in 2008.

Mr Ross, 31, told the court today the TV crew had since then "recommenced their harassment".

Magistrate Giuseppe Cicchini said the applications had been dismissed because Mr de Vries, Ms van Schuylenburgh and their colleague, reporter Kees van de Spek, had left Australia.

"You have to have the applications served on each of the respondents, and as they're not in Australia, it's fairly difficult for you to do that, I suspect," Mr Cicchini said.

"If you have reason in the future to make a future application, there's nothing stopping you from doing that."

Mr Ross conceded the applications could not be served if the TV crew were out of the country.

The TV crew had been trying to question Mr Ross about the death of Dutch woman Mariska Mast after she stayed at his apartment at a Honduras resort in 2008.

Ms Mast was taken to hospital with severe injuries and later died.

Interpol currently lists Daniel Ross as being wanted by Honduran authorities, but Australia has no extradition agreement with the central American country.

Australia also does not recognise Interpol notices as a basis for arrest.

Mr Ross has vehemently denied any involvement in Ms Mast's death, having previously said the allegations were misleading, incorrect and inaccurate.

In a statement from his lawyer in August, Mr Ross said he had been harassed, intimidated, humiliated and suffered an attack to his reputation and character.

The statement said Mr Ross was not a fugitive and had appeared in front of a judge in Honduras, where he believed all charges were dismissed and he was told he was free to leave the country.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/restraining-order-on-dutch-tv-crew-fails/story-e6freonf-1225914845438

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: September 12, 2010, 11:44:44 AM »

SERIOUS/STRONG SUSPICIONS?

Karin Janssen - Second Arrest - August, 2005

Brothers arrested again in Aruba case
Two held on suspicion of acting with others in teen's rape, killing
Saturday, August 27, 2005 Posted: 0319 GMT (1119 HKT)[/b]

(CNN) -- After being detained and then released last month in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, two brothers were arrested again Friday in Aruba on suspicion they acted "together with other people" in raping and killing the Alabama teen, the prosecutor's office said.

Without elaborating on the evidence, the office said in a statement that "new facts and circumstances" led them to re-arrest Satish Kalpoe, 18 and brother Deepak, 21.

"They are suspected of the primary criminal act of together with other people committing premeditated murder, alternately together with other people murdering somebody, more alternately rob a person of her liberty with fatal consequences and even more alternately raping somebody," the statement said.

"Aside from these suspicions against the two brothers, there are new suspicions, which at this point the prosecutor is not commenting on."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/26/aruba.arrests/index.html

ARUBAN ATTORNEYS

Arlene Ellis-Schipper - Aruban Attorney

Nancy Grace - July 20, 2005

ARLENE ELLIS-SCHIPPER, ARUBAN ATTORNEY: There is no grand jury in Aruba. It`s a different system.  You are arrested based on suspicion, on strong suspicion.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/14/ng.01.html

On the Record w/Greta - August 30, 2005

ARLENE ELLIS-SCHIPPER, ARUBAN ATTORNEY: You know, the prosecution and the investigation is moving very carefully. They don't want to make more mistakes, and they are very careful. So they must have had some real, real evidence and new facts that they felt confident enough to haul them back in.

It means that the investigation is moving forward and there's hope that we might go towards a trial because, at first, I was doubting whether we were even facing a trial. It shows that the police have done some good work and apparently gathered evidence, new evidence enough for to bring them back in custody.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,167372,00.html

Noraina Pietersz - Aruban Attorney

Associated Press- June 9, 2005

Under Aruban law, only serious suspicion from investigators — not solid evidence — is needed for a judge to rule that suspects can be held, Pietersz said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8079019/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: September 12, 2010, 11:45:49 AM »

THE CLOAK OF COVER

Page 182
- September 1 Helen calls to say the court is asking for DNA from the Kalpoes and Joran van der Sloot and that their attorneys are fighting this.  She also says the suspects are pointing the finger at one another.

Page 183 - Helen is very positive. "It looks good that they will remain in custody." she says.  Then about three hours after she tells me this encouraging news, a devastating call comes from an AP reporter.

"Paulus van der Sloot and his attorney are bragging to everyone that all three suspects are getting out day after tomorrow!

Then all the media start calling.  I call Helen, then FBI agent Bill and the U.S. vice-consul.  None of them have this information.  So we tell the media it must be a rumor.  But the word is out all over the island to the defense side that all three suspects will walk.

Four and a half hours after this announcement is made to international media by Joran's father and his defense team, the FBI calls to tell me it is indeed true.  So the three suspects who were last seen with my daughter, and who offered multiple versions of what happened that night, will go free.  And we are the last ones to find out.

Natalee's handwriting on her immigration card states that the duration of her stay here would be four nights.  It has been ninety-five.  And I have painstakingly counted every one of them.

When Helen calls, I stand in a corner of the hotel room, phone to my ear, tapping my head against the wall over and over.  Tears fall hard.  "I'm done, Helen.  I'm done.  No justice for Natalee in Aruba.  I'm done."

Pages 184 - And Bill explains how the release of the three suspects happened.  "The information the FBI was given was that the judge gave Joran thirty more days, up to October 1.  And he gave the Kalpoes eight more days.  But then the judge flew back from Curacao and faxed a reverse decision from there."  The reverse decision decreed that all three will go free.

The opportunity to hide behind Hurricane Katrina is too inviting.  The three suspects will be released while all eyes are turned to the devastation in New Orlean.

Page 185 - The last announcement I make on television is never seen.  Hurricane Katrina gives the island the cloak of cover it needs to let the suspects walk free and relieve itself of its media burden.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: September 20, 2010, 11:18:35 AM »

Peter Devries - Open Marriage

Nieuw vlees voor Peter R. de Vries
16-06-10 | 11:44

Peter R. de Vries heeft, na zijn avonturen met schrijfster Susan Smit, een nieuwe minnares gevonden. Ditmaal doet hij de zeventien jaar jongere Leonie Kragt, eindredactrice bij het televisieprogramma RTL Boulevard.

''De affaire speelt sinds een aantal maanden.Ze zijn tot over hun oren verliefd op elkaar,'' aldus een bekende van het koppel in De Telegraaf. De Vries heeft met zijn vrouw Jacqueline een open relatie. De buitenechtelijke verhouding zal dus hoogstwaarschijnlijk niet tot huwelijksproblemen leiden.
Over hun open huwelijk zei Jacqueline eerder: "Dat vind ik mooi. Kijk eens naar hoe mensen snakken naar ruimte in hun leven. Het contact met andere mannen vind ik ook geweldig. Het flirten, het sensuele... Hoe ik met Peter in het leven sta, is heel open, we vertellen elkaar alles."

http://www.spitsnieuws.nl/archives/media/2010/06/nieuwe_minnares_peter_r_de_vri.html

Translation

petals wrote:

Peter R. de Vries, after his adventures with writer Susan Smith, a new found lover. This time he is seventeen years younger Leonie Kragt, late editor of the television program RTL Boulevard.

The affair has been playing''a number maanden.Ze are up to their ears in love,''said an acquaintance of the couple in The Telegraph. De Vries and his wife Jacqueline has an open relationship. The extramarital affair will therefore unlikely to marriage problems.

About their open marriage Jacqueline said earlier: "I like that. Look at how people yearn for space in their lives. The contact with other men, I also love. The flirting, sensual ... How I Peter in life stand is very open, we tell each other everything. "

False, misleading and highly offensive

http://www.peterrdevries.nl/nieuws/rectificatie-weekblad-prive/

Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 11:00

Corrigendum magazine Private

Weekly Private rectifies article on Jacqueline and Peter R. de Vries and pay compensation

The magazine Private place this week in a prominent place in the magazine - page 3 - a comprehensive rectification of the article they published in week 25 about Jacqueline and Peter R. de Vries. Even the magazine, the couple pays compensation. The correction is also on the website of the magazine.

False, misleading and highly offensive
The rectification Private acknowledges that "without proper justification and based simply on an anonymous source is wrong and very hurtful images have outlined" the marriage of Jacqueline and Peter R. de Vries. Also, they propose that the correction that the statements made in the story "misleading", a "serious breach of the privacy of Jacqueline and Peter de Vries forms' and that it" improper "conduct.

Not adversarial
Private had also failed to take any form of adversarial process to apply. Peter R. de Vries: "It was a shameful, low to the ground that article was simply meant to harm us. For that reason, not adversarial committed. The so-called anonymous "insider" was not a profane. Telling about the viciousness of the article was that in private conversations with my lawyer the name of the author, known as "special assistant" did not want to divulge. Private however, was such an obvious mistake that people going to the interim relief judge did not dare, and now voluntarily correcting the damages for both me and my wife pays. That says enough about the questionable content of the article, I think. "

Lawyer
Mr. SF Kalff Kalff Katz Advocaten of the office in Amsterdam on behalf of Jacqueline and Peter de Vries in this case occurred. He has in recent years many cases against the tabloids and other media did.

Last update: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 09:44 hours

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: September 20, 2010, 01:45:18 PM »

THE GANG CONSISTED OF THE THREE OF THEM!

Second arrest - August, 2005 - Karin Janssen

Brothers arrested again in Aruba case
Two held on suspicion of acting with others in teen's rape, killing
Saturday, August 27, 2005 Posted: 0319 GMT (1119 HKT)

(CNN) -- After being detained and then released last month in Natalee Holloway's disappearance, two brothers were arrested again Friday in Aruba on suspicion they acted "together with other people" in raping and killing the Alabama teen, the prosecutor's office said.

Without elaborating on the evidence, the office said in a statement that "new facts and circumstances" led them to re-arrest Satish Kalpoe, 18 and brother Deepak, 21.

"They are suspected of the primary criminal act of together with other people committing premeditated murder, alternately together with other people murdering somebody, more alternately rob a person of her liberty with fatal consequences and even more alternately raping somebody," the statement said.

"Aside from these suspicions against the two brothers, there are new suspicions, which at this point the prosecutor is not commenting on."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/08/26/aruba.arrests/index.html

NANCY GRACE
Kalpoe Brothers Rearrested
Aired August 26, 2005 - 20:00:00 ET

HELEN LEJUEZ, TWITTY FAMILY ATTORNEY: I don`t think this has to do with a lot of wiretapping. I do believe it has to do with bringing forth the new evidence. It has to do with the case approaching the 60 days and that they are adding new evidence so they can have the case going.

GRACE: OK, what new evidence, Helen?

LEJUEZ: The rape case.

GRACE: OK. You said new evidence. What "new evidence" regarding Natalee Holloway do you think prosecutors have?

LEJUEZ: Right now, they`re talking about a gang rape. So when we talk about a gang rape, we talk about a gang. The gang consisted of three of them.

GRACE: Right.

LEJUEZ: Even though -- even though maybe it`s not out that the other suspect that`s in jail right now will be added to the gang, he is part of the gang.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0508/26/ng.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: September 20, 2010, 01:47:29 PM »

His Criminal Past

Government has its hand over Michael Posner’s head? Notorious Chicago figure active in Aruba casino
DIARIO Aruba
10/17/2005

ORANJESTAD (AAN): Some time ago DIARIO found information regarding the manager of the Holiday Inn’s Excelsior Casino and people have been calling out to ask how a figure with a criminal past of such an extent can be active in the casino industry of Aruba.

His name? Michael Posner, owner (or one of the owners) of the Brickel Hotel situated in front of the big hotels in Malmok. In the past he was arrested in the state of Illinois for violation of the Ricco Act (racketeering) and because he was also involved in the world of prostitution.

He was condemned to 10 years in prison, but apparently he served 8 out of the 10 years. He appealed his case and lost the appeal! After he was released he was on parole for 5 years. His name is also mentioned as an associate of a notorious family.

DIARIO knows that the government is at the height of such people, and asks how he can be active in the casino industry of Aruba. How did he find a permit to work in this branch with the background that he has? How has the Minister of Justice still not taken action against him? Now that his criminal past is known, what is the government waiting for to take him out of Aruba?

During the [election] campaign which recently came to an end, many comments and rumours were circulating regarding contributions to certain politicians, including those in the [current] government. DIARIO hopes that the issue of campaign moneys remain a rumour, because if true, then there are more politicians for sale than is [already] apparent.

The presence of Michael Posner in the Aruba casino industry, with the criminal past that he has, does not speak well of the judicial control system, nor that of National Security, nor of those in charge to check the background of those who work in the tourism industry of Aruba.

This is the damage that one person with such a bad reputation, who was incarcerated during 8 years, who is associated with a notorious family in America, can cause to the tourism of Aruba.

[translated by Getagrip]
Posted by Getagrip at 10/17/2005 09:43:00 PM

http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/2005/10/government-has-its-hand-over-michael.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: September 20, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »

Peter Devries

Newsweek - February 8, 2008

Do you believe that the Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, were involved in any way?

PETER DEVIRES:  No, not at all.  On the tapes Joran calls them stupid.  I don't believe they were involved.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/109260/page/3

Beth Holloway

Nancy Grace - August 26, 2006

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY: We`ve known from day one Deepak and Satish Kalpoe are way deeply involved in this.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0508/26/ng.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: September 20, 2010, 01:58:39 PM »

Translated:

OM in conversation with Beth and Peter R. de Vries
September 18, 2010, 14:17 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Beth Holloway and crime reporter Peter R. de Vries arrived in Aruba yesterday. Today they talk with Chief Peter Blanken of the Public Prosecutor (OM).

"I just had them on the line," said Whites Amigoe this morning. "We have made an appointment for today." The chief says that he still knows De Vries, Rotterdam. "I worked on a cold case. Then I used the opportunities offered by Peter R. de Vries, his network, branding and research methods. "The chief did not say where he wants to talk about the duo.

Beth and De Vries are supposedly to shoot a documentary about the disappearance of Natalee, the daughter of Beth. They disappeared in 2005 in Aruba. The pair arrived on Friday and they leave Monday. They came from Peru, where she wanted to speak Joran van der Sloot. He is in custody in the Castro Castro prison on suspicion of the murder of the Peruvian Stephany Flores. Joran is still the prime suspect in the disappearance of Natalee never dissolved. Joran's lawyer told a news agency that Beth Joran wanted to ask about the disappearance of her daughter. Joran refused to talk to.

When asked by this newspaper or OM, as indicated earlier, still plans to go to Peru to be questioned on Joran Natalee, Whites answered chief: "We have no final decision. We currently tend to not to go. "According to Whites, the interrogation of Joran at a strategic moment to happen. "If we suspect that he wants to make a clean sweep. That is why we have not. "

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_78358.php

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Sept. 14th
updated 9/15/2005 12:13:33 PM ET

BETH TWITTY, MOTHER OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY: We will keep going back to Aruba over and over again. This is far from over. They know—they have the answers there on the island.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9354188/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: September 20, 2010, 02:30:20 PM »

ANOTHER FACE TO FACE

ORANJESTAD, Aruba, Aug. 9, 2005
Natalee's Mom: She Was Assaulted
Confronts Ex-Detainee; Insists He Tell What He Knows About Case

(CBS)  Beth Holloway Twitty went face-to-face Monday with a man who'd been detained briefly in the disappearance of daughter Natalee Holloway in Aruba, and challenged him to tell what he knows about the case.

In telling of the tense encounter, she asserted Natalee was sexually assaulted before she vanished.

Twitty says she was tipped by a member of the media that Deepak Kalpoe was working at a local Internet café, and wasted no time confronting him Monday.

Kalpoe, 21, and brother Satish Kalpoe, 18, were among the last three people spotted in public with Natalee before the Alabama teen disappeared in the early hours of May 30 on the final night of a high school graduation trip to the island.

The third person, Dutch teen Joran van der Sloot, is the only suspect still being held in connection with Natalee's disappearance. Both Kalpoe brothers were kept in custody for a short time early in the investigation.

Twitty has said the Kalpoes know more than they're telling investigators.

Twitty described her close-up with Deepak to CBS News:

"There were customers on the computer and he was seated behind the cash register, and I guess he thought he was going to have a normal day at work.

"I wanted to ask him, Joran had admitted sexual assaults that he had committed against Natalee, and I wanted to ask Deepak: Did he participate, or did he try to help her?

"He couldn't answer me. He could only look down at the ground."

"(I told him) you've got an opportunity. I'm Natalee's mother. I'm standing right here before you. You need to tell me.

"I saw his eyelids pretty much the whole time that I was there, and I would have to tell him to hold your head up and look at me when I'm speaking with you.

"He couldn't do that. He would either not respond or he would just tell me that his lawyer had advised him not to speak with me.

"I expected him, if he had no involvement, if he was not a participant in the sexual acts committed against my daughter, that yes, he could have come forward and said, 'No,' and looked me in the eye. He couldn't do that.

"I let him know, under no circumstances, that there is nothing that I'm going to refrain from asking, and I'm going to ask every question, and I'm going to stop at nothing, and I will continue to.

"And he said, 'The media hasn't seen this side of you.' And I said, I've been saving it for you, Deepak.

"I'm always going to hold out hope, no matter how bad it looks. You can't prepare yourself for that, and I don't have to."

Twitty also says she believes there was a level of ineptitude on the part of Aruban authorities, but she's more optimistic, now that a group of investigators from Holland has become involved.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/08/09/earlyshow/main766023.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/08/09/earlyshow/main766023_page2.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: September 21, 2010, 09:35:49 PM »

You know, when I get these I usually don't read until I post them.  Great catch Wreck!   

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: September 21, 2010, 09:36:54 PM »

Here is the key part for me!

This case is almost four years old; it is not complex despite Plaintiffs' claim to the contrary; and Defendants are prepared to file for summary judgment, which is based, in part, on Plaintiffs admissions (now confirmed by their depositions in this case) that they entered into a conspiracy with Joran Van der Sloot to confuse and frustrate the police investigation of the disappearance of an American citizen, Natalee Holloway, from the island of Aruba over 5 years ago in order to cover up their role in the mystery of what happened to the teenager.

Deepak Knows!

Deepak Kalpoe - Suspect Statement - June 13, 2005

To your question as to who John Charles CROES is, where he lives and how often I have chatted to him on "MSN", I can say the following. The afore mentioned John lives with his whole family in Miami. I have known him since school. We were together at the MAVO. On Monday Mai 30th 2005 I had chatted with John from about 02:40 to 03:30 hours. We didn't chat continually. From time to time I went and watched some TV. But I am sure that he was online during the time-frame I just mentioned above here.

Deepak Kalpoe - Suspect Statement - June 29, 2005

You are telling me that John Charles CROES has stated that I wrote while I was chatting with him that I had written that the girl had put her hands in/down my pants, I can say the following. I did this to frustrate/mess up the investigation.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: September 30, 2010, 11:05:11 PM »

JOY BEHAR SHOW
Van Der Sloot`s Mom Speaks
Aired June 23, 2010 - 21:00:00   ET

MICHAEL GRIFFITH, INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY:   But there is some -- there is some evidence though. This testimony of the Kalpoe brothers, Deepak and other, whey were with him. And they`re ready to turn state`s evidence.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/23/joy.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: October 01, 2010, 11:12:48 AM »

Does the implication of an open but inactive Natalee Holloway case implies that case documents will not be released by Aruba in response to requests by the McGraw attorneys in the Kalpoes' defamation lawsuit?

+++++++

Tamikosmom
Lively Case Discussion #656 7/12 - 7/14/2007
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2007, 01:12:05 AM »

I contend that the Natalee Holloway case will remain open but inactive.  If the case is closed ... under Aruban law ... the case files have to be released to Natalee's family.  The hope of Aruba is that in time the name of "Natalee Holloway" will become a distance memory.

Janet

++++++++

Jug Twitty
On the Record /w Greta
July 6, 2005

GEORGE "JUG" TWITTY: I've tried every tactic. I think I've made every policeman, every person working on the case here, you know, mad. But you know, what I have to do as a stepfather to try to get Natalee back.  Well, the way the system works down here, when the case is closed, we will have all that information, and we can release it to the world.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161705,00.html

Art Wood
Dana Petzer Show
July 2, 2006

The family of Natalee needs to put pressure on the US attorney in Birmingham to push the FBI to conduct an investigation after ALE close the case. We have a treaty that allows the FBI to pursue a violation of civil rights of an American citizen there.

Art Wood
'Rita Cosby Live & Direct'
December 1, 2006

ART WOOD, FORMER SECRET SERVICE AGENT: Absolutely. Absolutely. There's a lot that Americans can do through the State Department. I want to remind everybody that Natalee Holloway was a U.S. citizen. Once the Aruban authorities are done investigating this case, the FBI can still conduct an investigation, and they could extradite these suspects to the United States. Let me point out that there's a ton of circumstantial evidence in this case to convict these kids.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10295536/

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1328.msg198353;topicseen#msg198353

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: October 01, 2010, 11:20:21 AM »

As forewarned ... the Kalpoes' attorneys have failed to adhere to the court's requests time and time again in regards to case documents.  The judge grants extentions but ... fails to thow out the defamation lawsuit as the extention dates come and go without compliance.

Could it be that the Kalpoes' attorneys are working behind the scenes with the court/judge attempting to drop portions of the defamation lawsuit ... portions that imply case document are required by the McGraw attorneys in the defence of their client.

In other words ... will the disputed segment of the McGraw tape become the only issue. 

++++++

The Dropped Portion?

Feb 6, 2008 5:00 am US/Pacific
Former Holloway Suspects Can Sue Dr. Phil

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and got rid of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

http://cbs2.com/entertainment/doctor.phil.mcgraw.2.647163.html

A Signed Declaration

Holloway Case: New Kalpoe Documents
Friday, September 14, 2007

JOHN KELLY, FAMILY'S ATTORNEY: I believe David Koch (ph), one of the attorneys for the Kalpoes actually signed a declaration at the court indicating that even if the court ordered the documents be turned over, they were not going to turn them over. ....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296798,00.html

Judge refuses to dismiss Holloway-related suit against CBS and 'Dr. Phil' McGraw
The Associated Press
February 06, 2008

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=900005502682

Natalee Holloway Case Lawsuit Proceeds Against Dr. Phil
By Stephen M. Silverman
Wednesday February 06, 2008 08:55 AM EST

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20176425,00.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: October 01, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »

Latest filing pertaining to the new Oct 7, 2010 hearing in the K2 vs. Dr. Phil case in Los Angeles:

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: October 01, 2010, 12:00:03 PM »

Why would the Kalpoes reveal anything incriminating in their despositions?  It would not be beneficial in regards to the defamation lawsuit ... it would implicate them in aspects of the Natalee Holloway case and  ... it would not be to their well-being when those in Aruban who have prevented justice from prevailing for over five years ... are considered.

+++++

THE THREAT

Page 197:
There is apparently no amount of money in the world that can get us the answer to what happened to Natalee. When I asked an Aruban attorney about this, his response was chilling: “The threat is bigger than the money,” he says. The Threat. That dark influence. The evil that nothing and no one can pierce.

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 117
: I also find it hard to believe that with all of the press that Natalee’s disapppearance has attracted, there is not one person anywhere who knows what happened to her. I can only surmise that those who do know something are too afraid to come forward. Maybe there would be a price to pay if they tell, a price so high and so threatening that not even the $1,000,000 reward money is enough of an enticement for someone to bring us the truth.

Here is the key part for me!

This case is almost four years old; it is not complex despite Plaintiffs' claim to the contrary; and Defendants are prepared to file for summary judgment, which is based, in part, on Plaintiffs admissions (now confirmed by their depositions in this case) that they entered into a conspiracy with Joran Van der Sloot to confuse and frustrate the police investigation of the disappearance of an American citizen, Natalee Holloway, from the island of Aruba over 5 years ago in order to cover up their role in the mystery of what happened to the teenager.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: October 05, 2010, 10:32:21 AM »

As a Vehicle

klaasend
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #847 9/21/10 -
« Reply #750 on: September 25, 2010, 01:22:10 AM »

Rob - that's exactly right.  I'm on Natalee's side and I know Beth is on Natalee's side.  I'm proud that Beth was brave enough to face that monster in jail.  I know Peter is in it for the $$ and publicity just like Greta and the rest of them are.  It doesn't bother me that she used Peter as a vehicle to face him.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8546.msg1235844#msg1235844

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.