March 29, 2024, 04:13:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THE DEVRIES/VAN DER EEM VIDEO RECORDING AND THE KALPOE VS PHIL MCGRAW CONNECTION  (Read 270874 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #660 on: October 21, 2010, 08:01:52 PM »

Here is the key part for me!

This case is almost four years old; it is not complex despite Plaintiffs' claim to the contrary; and Defendants are prepared to file for summary judgment, which is based, in part, on Plaintiffs admissions (now confirmed by their depositions in this case) that they entered into a conspiracy with Joran Van der Sloot to confuse and frustrate the police investigation of the disappearance of an American citizen, Natalee Holloway, from the island of Aruba over 5 years ago in order to cover up their role in the mystery of what happened to the teenager.

Considering the Kalpoes are no longer suspects in the Natalee Holloway case and ... considering the Kalpoes' attorneys are anticipating a huge lottery out of the defamation lawsuit against Phil McGraw ... it does not make sense that either Deepak or Satish would implicated himself in wrongdoing in depositions.  IMO.

Almost four years following the filing of the defamation lawsuit ... the Kalpoes' attorneys have not complied with the court's repeated requests for case documentation.  Nevertheless ... the motion of the McGraw attorneys to dismiss the case has not been granted.  Why?

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: October 22, 2010, 01:42:05 AM »

The Kalpoes' attorneys risked the case being thrown out by not complying with the court's request to produce case documents ... case documents that would implicate them in a sexual assault against the person of Natalee Holloway.  The risk was worth it.  In four years the case has not been dismissed.

Considering it stands to reason that truthful depositions would not be beneficial in furthering the defamation lawsuit ... I am surprised Satish and Deepak complied with the court's request when they came to California to be deposed.  What was the point?  Why not take the same risk as they did with the case documents and ... defy the request?

It still does not make sense to me why the Kalpoes' would implicate themselves in regards to wrongdoing again the person of Natalee Holloway in depositions.  It certainly would not further the defamation case and ... those two could possible find themselves as suspects once again in the Natalee Holloway case.

Anyways ... the outcome will be what the outcome will be.

It appears the Kalpoes' depositions do not reveal any wrongdoing against the person of Natalee Holloway.  How will a summary submitted for judgement be  expected to assist the defence?

+++++

Judge allows lawsuit to proceed against Dr. Phil
Feb. 6, 2008 10:12 AM ET

The Kalpoes, who have maintained they had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance, sued in December 2006, claiming the "Dr. Phil" talk show altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator to "create false, incriminating, and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

The brothers also contend the TV show implied they helped kill Holloway and disposed of her body. Their suit claims defamation, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20080206/dr_phil_080206/

Here is the key part for me!

This case is almost four years old; it is not complex despite Plaintiffs' claim to the contrary; and Defendants are prepared to file for summary judgment, which is based, in part, on Plaintiffs admissions (now confirmed by their depositions in this case) that they entered into a conspiracy with Joran Van der Sloot to confuse and frustrate the police investigation of the disappearance of an American citizen, Natalee Holloway, from the island of Aruba over 5 years ago in order to cover up their role in the mystery of what happened to the teenager.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: October 22, 2010, 06:20:20 PM »

Rambling Thoughts

1.  Assurance?[/
b]

Somehow it makes sense that the Kalpoes' attorneys would not have filed this huge lawsuit UNLESS assurance was first provided that the Dr. Phil recording was deceptively manipulated.  Think about it.  It would only require a professional comparison of the disputed tape segment and Jamie Skeeters' hard drive to reveal the truth?

2.  Financial Backers?

Could it be that confirmation from the NFI was afforded to the ATA/AHATA that a manipulation of the Dr. Phil recording did occur and ... full advantage was taken to reap a financial windfall?  Could it be that the ATA/AHATA are the financial backers of this lawsuit?

3.  No Case Documents Required?

According to John Q. Kelly ... early on the court was made aware that the Kalpoes' attorneys had no intentions of releasing case documents.  Therefore ... it appears that these attorneys must have anticipated that the disputed segment of the Dr. Phil tape would stand alone.  In other words ... a professional analysis of the disputed segment would reveal the truth and ... case documents would not be a requirement.

4.  In the Name of Ratings?

Could it be that ... not anticipating a legal challenge ... the Dr. Phil tape was deceptively manipulated in the name of ratings to imply that a sexual assault against Natalee occured?  However ... now that a legal challenge has happened the McGraw attorneys are attempting to prove through case documents that no defamaiton occurred as a result of the manipulation.

5.  Defamation not an Issue?

Could it be IF a deceptive manipulation of Deepak's words did occur ... words which were heard by all of Dr. Phil's viewing audience ... there would be legal grounds for a lawsuit by Deepak and Satish.  In other words ... defamation is not an issue.

6.  Comfirmation?

Revealed information that has come out of Aruba implies that a sexual assault did occured against the person of Natalee Holloway but ... has confirmaton been forthcoming that Deepak make an admission in the Jamie Skeeters' interview?

7.  No Dismissal?

Over 2 1/2 years have come and gone since the judge gave the Kalpoes' attorneys a five day deadline extention to produce the requested case documents but despite the refusal of the Kalpoes' attorney to comply ... the  defamation case has yet to be dismissed as per a motion put forward by Phil McGraw's attorney.

8.  Negotiating a Settlement?

Considering nothing official has been revealed to the contrary ... could it be that there was a deceptive manipulation of Deepak's words in the Dr. Phil recording?  Could it be this lawsuit will never make it to trial?  Could it be that behind the scenes the Kalpoes' attorneys and the Phil McGraw attorney are negotiating a financial settlement?

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: October 22, 2010, 08:45:22 PM »

Kermit
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #832 4/22/10 - 6/2/10
« Reply #704 on: May 17, 2010, 01:45:43 AM »

lawyers for Mcgraw are requesting the Copies of all documents relating to the interview of Deepak Kalpoe on June 10th,2005
Johnny Erasmus and Clyde Burke

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7363.msg1134687#msg1134687

+++++

PRIVIELEGE LOG TXT FORMAT PDF PAGE 70 - 144

Name: Deepak Kalpoe
Date: 10 June 2005 / 13:45
Pages: 8
Writer/Initiator: Jobny Erasmus & Clyde Burke
Description: second statement of D.S. Kalpoe as a suspect
Responsive to Requests 25 and 45

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1115.msg151856;topicseen#msg151856

DEEPAK 06/10/2005 STATEMENT

To your question whether or not we pick up girls when we go for example to "Carlos & Charlies", I can state the following. Yes, we from time to time pick up girls there.

To your question whether these are local girls or tourists, I can state the following. They are tourists.

To your question as to who is the one who makes the first move towards the girls we are going to pick up, I can state the following. It usually is Joran or another friend with the name Freddy Zedan.

To your question as to what role Joran plays in our circle of friends, I can state the following. He has no real role. We are all the same.

To your question as to where we take the girls we pick up, I can state the following. Sometimes the girls stay at "Carlos & Charlies" or sometimes we take them to their hotel.

To your question was to what exactly happens when we have picked up the girls, I can state the following. Just kissing and dancing.

To your question whether sexual intercourse has happened, I can state the following. Yes, it has happened.

To your question whether it ever happened that all of us, so in one room, had sexual intercourse, I can state the following. It has happened.

To your question whether it ever happened that the three of us had sexual intercourse with a girl, I can state the following. That has never happened.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=215.0

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: October 23, 2010, 01:21:52 PM »

No FBI Statement?

Why has the FBI remained silent in regards to the disputed segment of the  recording of the Jamie Skeeters' interview with Deepak Kalpoe?

Something akin to the FBI statement regarding the findings encompassing  the fabric sent to them by Richardson ... the fabric Aruba claims was taken from the trap ... why has there been no released FBI statement pertaining to the findings encompassing the recorded words of Deepak Kalpoe on Jamie Skeeters' hard drive

In the name of justice for an American citizen ... why has the NFI findings of an official recording of the interview not been challenged by the FBI?

It makes sense that a professional analysis of the hard drive by the FBI laboratories would reveal the truth in regards to Deepak's words ... words that were heard by the entire viewing audience of Phil McGraw.

++++++++

Jamie Skeeters:  The FBI has Everything

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Oct. 12th
updated 8:04 p.m. PT, Wed., Oct. 12, 2005

RITA COSBY, HOST:  Jamie, the question tonight, as we heard from the deputy chief—he wants to hear these tapes.  He wants to verify them for himself.  Have you handed the tapes over?

JAMIE SKEETERS, POLYGRAPH EXAMINER:  Well, see, that‘s the big issue here, Rita.  I handed these tapes over to a very reliable company—it‘s called the FBI—a week or two ago.  I‘m from the old school.  I don‘t bring these things out in the public.  You keep the integrity and the credibility of the evidence, and I can‘t think of anybody more credible than the FBI.

COSBY:  Now, Jamie, has the FBI given them to Aruban authorities or the prosecutors down there?

SKEETERS:  My understanding—I talked with the chief yesterday morning, Chief Dompig, and he—actually, I talked to him this morning.  And he does not have the tapes in his hands at this moment, but he indicated the prosecutor was picking them up, and he hoped to have them, hopefully, today or tomorrow.

COSBY:  All of the tapes or just part of the tapes?

SKEETERS:  I turned everything I had over to the FBI, yes.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9680121/

The Hard Drive

Tale of the Tape Thursday
December 01, 2005

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST:  We are also curious what the FBI has to say about the content of this interview. I was told by Jamie Skeeters on the phone the other night that he originally "taped" this interview directly to his computer hard drive and that he gave the hard drive to the FBI. Of course this hard drive — the "original" — is what will tell us exactly what was said or not said — provided it can be adequately enhanced and analyzed. We don't have access to that hard drive so even after evaluating all the tapes and CD's given us, there could still remain in my mind some question.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177286,00.html

NFI Findings - FBI Silent

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for December 1
updated 7:37 a.m. PT, Fri., Dec. 2, 2005

ARLENE ELLIS SCHIPPER, ARUBAN STRATEGIC COMM. TASK FORCE: Well, it's not what I think, it is what the Dutch forensic institute thinks and what we have also requested the FBI to confirm, which confirmation we haven't received yet. However, the NFI had four investigators separately look at these tapes, and they say that the Dr. Phil show tapes were edited for content in the following order. Just before the word “she,” there was a cut. And just after the word “did,” there was a cut. And then they compared it to the CD-ROM that Mr. Skeeters sent the officials, and you have seen that piece, and it says, “No, she didn't.” And he shakes his head while doing—while saying that.

COSBY:  Now, you mentioned, Arlene, that the FBI—we know that they also have the tape.  When do you think you're going to hear back from them?  And do you think that they're going to make their results public?

SCHIPPER:  I hope so, actually.  And you know what?  Because officially, of course, the court-appointed forensic institute is the NFI, the Netherlands.  But for comfort, the authorities here sent it also for your comfort, actually, your American comfort—the authorities also sent it to the FBI with—through an MLAT (ph) procedure, which is a mutual—just mutual legal assistance treaty between our countries.

And they also requested, on recommendation of the NFI, to investigate the hard disk of Mr. Skeeters.  And based on that, he volunteered his hard disk.  So we are waiting already for two weeks on those results.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10295536/

The FBI Statement - Fabric Not a Match

Feb 26, 2008 2:35 pm US/Eastern
FBI: Fabric Found In Aruba Not Natalee Holloway's

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) ― An FBI analysis of fabric collected from a crab trap off Aruba showed the material did not match clothing worn by missing American Natalee Holloway, prosecutors said Tuesday.

The fabric was recovered in January by Aruban divers in about 90 feet of water as they searched for the body of the missing teenager, the public prosecutor's office said in a statement.

The FBI compared the material to a blouse worn by Holloway, who was 18 when she disappeared on the final night of a high school graduation trip to the island in May 2005. The results "showed that the two materials were not a match," the statement said.

http://wbztv.com/national/FBI.natalle.holloway.2.663328.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: October 24, 2010, 06:46:43 PM »

If Deepak and Satish revealed in depositions the truth regarding their involvement in the events encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 ... revealed the truth regarding all those who were participants ... the windfall  anticipated as an outcome resulting from the defamation lawsuit can be kissed goodbye and ... both the threat and the fear which Natalee's parents refer to in their respective books will become a reality.

++++++++

The Threat

Page 197
: There is apparently no amount of money in the world that can get us the answer to what happened to Natalee. When I asked an Aruban attorney about this, his response was chilling: “The threat is bigger than the money,” he says. The Threat. That dark influence. The evil that nothing and no one can pierce.

The Fear

Corruption in Paradise - Dave Holloway

Page 117:
I also find it hard to believe that with all of the press that Natalee’s disapppearance has attracted, there is not one person anywhere who knows what happened to her. I can only surmise that those who do know something are too afraid to come forward. Maybe there would be a price to pay if they tell, a price so high and so threatening that not even the $1,000,000 reward money is enough of an enticement for someone to bring us the truth.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: October 27, 2010, 09:24:29 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: October 27, 2010, 09:29:48 PM »

On the Record with Greta – September 16, 2005

Beth Holloway Twitty and Greta van Susteren back together again
Posted September 17, 2005 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/09/17/beth-holloway-twitty-and-great-van-susteren-back-together-again/

http://bb.visitaruba.com/35060-post1.html

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-136313530/interview-beth-holloway-twitty.html

No Official Transcript

+++++++

Geraldo at Large – September 17, 2005

Transcript of Beth and Geraldo

http://noevidenceofacrime.com/chapter8.php?blog=20&order=ASC&posts=1&page=1&paged=16

No Official Transcript

++++++++

The Big Story – September 18, 2005

Going In and Out of Consciousness

http://noevidenceofacrime.com/chapter8.php?blog=20&order=ASC&posts=1&page=1&paged=18

No Official Transcript

+++++++++

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Sept. 19th
updated 9/20/2005 9:33:56 AM ET

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9407728/

++++++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired September 28, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0509/28/ng.01.html

+++++++++

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Sept. 28th
updated 9/29/2005 11:55:50 AM ET

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9530154/

++++++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired October 4, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0510/04/ng.01.html

++++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired October 5, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0510/05/ng.01.html

++++++++

'Scarborough Country' for Oct. 11th
updated 10/12/2005 10:08:00 AM ET
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9671900/

+++++++

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Nov. 4th
updated 11/6/2005 8:26:41 PM ET
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9951194/

+++++++

'The Abrams Report' for Nov. 23rd
updated 11/23/2005 11:26:34 PM ET
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10187338/

+++++++

'The Abrams Report' for Nov. 30th
updated 12/1/2005 12:00:15 PM ET
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10281703/

+++++++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired December 1, 2005 - 20:00:00   ET
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0512/01/ng.01.html

+++++++

updated 12/2/2005 10:37:47 AM ET

++++++++

'Rita Cosby Live & Direct' for Dec. 2nd
updated 12/5/2005 1:40:11 PM ET
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10337322/

++++++++

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: October 27, 2010, 09:32:28 PM »

UNDISPUTED FACTS - 49 PAGES

Will open in a pdf file

http://scaredmonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/DrPhilAmendedSummaryDoc2.pdf

WARNING  - IN READING THROUGH THERE IS SOME BAD LANGUAGE ATTRIBUTED TO DEEPAK IN CHATS.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: October 27, 2010, 09:52:14 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: October 28, 2010, 01:00:32 PM »

The NFI Investigation

For the judge's consideration ... is it possible that the Kalpoes' attorneys would summit the NFI findings as evidence to support the lawsuit's claim that Deepak's words in the Phil McGraw recording were deceptive manipulated or ...

Is it possible that Arlene Ellis Schipper was just furthering the Aruban cover up agenda?  In other words ... she lied to the American people on the Rita Cosby Show in regards to the findings of the NFI investigation of the tape.

+++++++

updated 7:37 a.m. PT, Fri., Dec. 2, 2005

ARLENE ELLIS SCHIPPER, ARUBAN STRATEGIC COMM. TASK FORCE: Well, it's not what I think, it is what the Dutch forensic institute thinks and what we have also requested the FBI to confirm, which confirmation we haven't received yet.

However, the NFI had four investigators separately look at these tapes, and they say that the Dr. Phil show tapes were edited for content in the following order. Just before the word “she,” there was a cut. And just after the word “did,” there was a cut. And then they compared it to the CD-ROM that Mr. Skeeters sent the officials, and you have seen that piece, and it says, “No, she didn't.” And he shakes his head while doing—while saying that.

COSBY:  Now, you mentioned, Arlene, that the FBI—we know that they also have the tape.  When do you think you're going to hear back from them?  And do you think that they're going to make their results public?

SCHIPPER:  I hope so, actually.  And you know what?  Because officially, of course, the court-appointed forensic institute is the NFI, the Netherlands.  But for comfort, the authorities here sent it also for your comfort, actually, your American comfort—the authorities also sent it to the FBI with—through an MLAT (ph) procedure, which is a mutual—just mutual legal assistance treaty between our countries.

And they also requested, on recommendation of the NFI, to investigate the hard disk of Mr. Skeeters.  And based on that, he volunteered his hard disk.  So we are waiting already for two weeks on those results.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: October 28, 2010, 01:04:14 PM »

Translation of the Natalee Holloway Case police report
Kalpoe brothers and Joran van der Sloot accuse each other
DIARIO Aruba
4/20/2006

ORANJESTAD (AAN)

J says to D: Wait until I start saying things about you.
J says to D: Then I want to see if you’re going home.
D says to J: I guarantee you.
J says to D: You don’t think the police are interested to know that Satish hit a girl with the car?

http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/2006/04/translation-of-natalee-holloway-case.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: October 28, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »

It appears that sometime between 2006 and 2008 ... McGraw Attorneys ceased upholdiing the integrity of the disputed segment of the recording and ... the defence was that the Kalpoes' reputation was tarnished prior to the show which aired the recording of the Deepak/Skeeters interview.

+++++

December, 2006

Ex-Holloway Suspects Sue Dr. Phi
Fri., Dec. 15, 2006 12:04 PM PST
by Josh Grossberg

He usually focuses on relationship problems, but even Dr. Phil couldn't resist joining the media circus surrounding the Natalie Holloway case. And now it may cost him.

Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, teenage brothers who were once considered prime suspects in the 18-year-old's May 30, 2005, disappearance while vacationing in Aruba, is suing the Dr. Phil show, claiming they were defamed on national TV.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, accuses McGraw, along with private investigator Jamie Skeeters and the CBS Television Group, of committing libel and slander, invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy by editing and airing an interview between Skeeters and Deepak Kalpoe to suggest the brothers somehow committed a crime.

The show's producer, Paramount Studios, slammed the lawsuit. "We stand by the integrity of the Dr. Phil show, our editing process and the accuracy of the program that we aired. We will vigorously defend against these baseless claims."

The episode in question aired Sept. 15, 2005, on the nationally syndicated show, days after the brothers were released from custody by Aruban police. Holloway was last seen getting in a car with the siblings and Dutch teen Joran Van Der Sloot, but authorities said they lacked sufficient evidence to hold the teens, in part because investigators could not determine whether Holloway was dead or alive since her body had yet to be found.

The complaint states that Skeeter secretly videotaped an interview with Deepak Kalpoe and then aired the illicit recording on Dr. Phil—after cutting it in such a way as to "create false, incriminating and defamatory statements that the plaintiffs engaged in criminal activity against Natalee Holloway."

Per court documents, McGraw & Co. specifically implied that the siblings slipped Holloway a date-rape drug, forced her to have nonconsensual sex and then supposedly aided in killing her and hiding the body, allegations which the Kalpoes and Van Der Sloot have denied.

But Paramount disputes the charge. "Deepak Kalpoe’s statements, which aired on the Dr. Phil show, were his own words presented in a manner that the show believed accurately reflected the sum and substance of what he said in a recorded interview with Jamie Skeeters in Aruba."

The suit claims Deepak Kalpoe agreed to the sit-down with the P.I. in the assumption that Skeeter might help clear him and his brother. Skeeter allegedly told Kalpoe that the gruff McGraw was a "god" who could "influence a country" and help their case.

After months of searching for the missing young woman, Aruban investigators shifted their probe away from the brothers and Van Der Sloot to pursue other leads. The case remains unsolved.

A lawyer for the Kalpoes could not be reached for comment Friday. Their suit seeks unspecified general, special and punitive damages.

In a parting shot in its statement, Paramount says, "We also intend to discover who or what has motivated this lawsuit from the Kalpoe brothers, two of the primary suspects in Natalee’s disappearance and two of the last people seen driving away with her in their car."

Shortly after the Kalpoes took legal action against Dr. Phil, Holloway's parents fired back.

Beth Twitty and Dave Holloway filed a civil wrongful-death suit against the teens Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court, accusing them of causing their daughter's death by "intentionally, negligently, wantonly...unlawfully conducting themselves" in a way that brought about fatal injuries.

"All we want is justice for our daughter. There is no doubt in my mind that Deepak and Satish played a role in my daughter's death and should be held accountable," Beth Twitty said. "It is unconscionable that they have not been punished so far."

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b53983_Ex-Holloway_Suspects_Sue_Dr_Phil.html

Kermit - Scared Monkeys

June, 2008

Surinamese brothers sue Dr. Phil for defamation
Daily News Wire
Article Last Updated: 06/13/2008 08:52:49 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES - Two brothers who filed an $800 million defamation suit against Dr. Phil McGraw and CBS over a broadcast concerning the disappearance of Natalee Holloway are already too tarnished to claim libel, according to attorneys for the defendants.

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., was vacationing with friends on the Caribbean island resort of Aruba when the 18-year-old vanished the night of May 30, 2005. Her body was never found.

A lawsuit filed in December 2006 by Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe maintains they were defamed in a Sept. 15, 2005, "Dr. Phil" show, when it was alleged they gave Holloway a date-rape drug and had non- consensual group sex with her. They also contend the episode implied they helped kill Holloway and dispose of her body.

The "Dr. Phil" segment included statements by Deepak Kalpoe that were "significantly manipulated and altered," the suit alleges. In addition to defamation, the Kalpoes' suit alleges invasion of privacy, emotional distress, fraud, deceit and civil conspiracy.

But in court papers filed Wednesday, attorneys for CBS, McGraw and Kay Skeeters -- widow of Jeremy Skeeters, a private investigator hired by McGraw to interview Deepak Kalpoe -- maintain the brothers are "libel-proof."

They say the brothers' reputations were irreparably stained by prior published accounts of the Holloway case, meaning they cannot claim to have been damaged by the "Dr. Phil" broadcast.

After the Kalpoes were arrested for the first time in June 2005, they were in custody for 25 days and became the subject of international media publicity, the defense court papers state.

Joran van der Sloot, who, like the Kalpoes, was arrested and later released, told police in June 2005 that "he thought (Deepak) had raped the girl and thereupon murdered her," the defense court papers state.

The Kalpoes also adversely affected their own reputations prior to the broadcast by falsely saying they last saw Holloway with two security guards, who were questioned and later released, defense attorneys say.

Deepak Kalpoe later confided to one of the guards that he had lied to the police and apologized for getting him and his fellow guard into "that mess," according to the defense's court papers.

The brothers also did not ask for a correction of the "Dr. Phil" broadcast in time and are limited public figures, meaning they have to prove malice by CBS and the other defendants, the defense attorneys argue.

The defense attorneys have a motion pending Aug. 5 to dismiss the case on grounds the plaintiffs' lawyers disobeyed court orders to turn over information.

http://origin.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_9575645

Kermit - Scared Monkeys

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: October 28, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »

STILL SUSPECTS in Holloway case

In a 2008 statement from the Prosecutor's office the implication was that the Kalpoes were no longer suspects but Joran van der Sloot was.

The family has been aware since early on in 2005 that case files could not be released while the Natalee Holloway investigation was on-going.

John Kelly was aware in September, 2007 that the Kalpoes' attorneys had no intention of affording the McGraw attorneys case documents.

+++++

Growing Frustration in Aruba
Wednesday, July 06, 2005

GEORGE "JUG" TWITTY: I've tried every tactic. I think I've made every policeman, every person working on the case here, you know, mad. But you know, what I have to do as a stepfather to try to get Natalee back.  Well, the way the system works down here, when the case is closed, we will have all that information, and we can release it to the world.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161705,00.html

Holloway Case: New Kalpoe Documents
Friday, September 14, 2007

JOHN KELLY, FAMILY'S ATTORNEY: I believe David Koch (ph), one of the attorneys for the Kalpoes actually signed a declaration at the court indicating that even if the court ordered the documents be turned over, they were not going to turn them over ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296798,00.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: October 28, 2010, 05:24:51 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: October 28, 2010, 05:27:59 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: October 28, 2010, 05:29:10 PM »

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: October 29, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »

UNDISPUTED FACTS - 49 PAGES

Will open in a pdf file

http://scaredmonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/DrPhilAmendedSummaryDoc2.pdf

WARNING  - IN READING THROUGH THERE IS SOME BAD LANGUAGE ATTRIBUTED TO DEEPAK IN CHATS.

Depositions[/b

]280.  Exhibt L is a true and correct copy of exerpts of the transcript of the oral and video desposition of Deepak Kalpoe, taken on August 23-25, 2010. 

281.  Exhibit M is a true and correct copy of exerpts of the transcript of the oral and videotaped deposition of Satish Kalpoe, taken on August 25, 2010.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: November 01, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »

FEBRUARY 1, 2008

Report: Van Der Sloot Says He Lied About Holloway
February 1, 2008

ABC News has obtained exclusive U.S. rights to this stunning new information caught on tape and will air a 90-minute special edition of "20/20: The Final Hours of Natalee Holloway" Monday at 9:30 p.m. ET, as well as special coverage of the case on "Good Morning America" on Monday.

De Vries' hidden cameras caught Dutch student van der Sloot saying that Holloway died after having sex with him and that he then dumped her body at sea with the help of a friend.

But in a new development, van der Sloot now says that he was lying when he privately told an acquaintance that he was involved in Holloway's disappearance.

"It is true I told someone. Everybody will see it Sunday," Van der Sloot said on the Dutch television show "Pauw & Witteman," according to The Associated Press.

"That is what he wanted to hear, so I told him what he wanted to hear," Van der Sloot said, adding that he never fully trusted the man to whom he'd confessed.

"It is so stupid, it is so stupid, it is really stupid," Van der Sloot said, his voice cracking, the AP reported.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4235362&page=1

FEBRUARY 3, 2008

Van der Sloot on Tape
Reporter says secretly taped interview reveals what happened to Natalee Holloway
02/03/2008

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4236252

FEBRUARY 5, 2008

klaasend
Re: Natalee Case Discussion #723 2/5 -
« Reply #293 on: February 05, 2008, 04:50:04 PM
»

Last nights ABC special on Youtube links:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9.msg341474#msg341474

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2572.msg341540#msg341540

caesu
Re: MEDIA COVERAGE
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2008, 03:28:48 PM »

ABC 20/20 Special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XiVDQ-ShHs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgrnp8lEBTE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJTFAtA94W4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08GJS9fx-kw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvosKuNp76E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqtephshvvA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH2cOiIuID8

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9.msg341474#msg341474

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: November 01, 2010, 05:57:17 PM »

I LIED

His M.O.

Holloway attorney details van der Sloot sting
updated 6/11/2010 12:58:39 PM ET

It was later determined that the house was not built when Holloway disappeared on her high school’s senior trip and that the information was false.

Van der Sloot himself told Kelly in an e-mail he apparently sent from Peru a week after the meeting that he had lied.

“He indicated it was all a hoax, which is sort of his M.O. with everybody — get the money, then say it’s a hoax and avoid criminal prosecution,” Kelly said.   

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37635627

Eight Hours Later

Fallout From Joran van der Sloot's 'On the Record' Interview
Wednesday, November 26, 2008

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Coming up: You heard Joran van der Sloot in an interview done in Thailand say he sold Natalee, but eight hours later, before we had even gotten out of Thailand, an e-mail flashed across my BlackBerry.  Joran said he lied to us.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457715,00.html

What He Wanted to Hear

Report: Van Der Sloot Says He Lied About Holloway
February 1, 2008

But in a new development, van der Sloot now says that he was lying when he privately told an acquaintance that he was involved in Holloway's disappearance.

"It is true I told someone. Everybody will see it Sunday," Van der Sloot said on the Dutch television show "Pauw & Witteman," according to The Associated Press.

"That is what he wanted to hear, so I told him what he wanted to hear," Van der Sloot said, adding that he never fully trusted the man to whom he'd confessed.

"It is so stupid, it is so stupid, it is really stupid," Van der Sloot said, his voice cracking, the AP reported.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4235362&page=1

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.