June 16, 2024, 12:01:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #19 2/14/09 - 2/19/09  (Read 101714 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: February 17, 2009, 12:10:16 AM »

Just peeking in

Klaasend pulled a TES tribute over to Haleigh's thread
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4523.1560

I found the song / artist on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WENJbSPSmqg

Just thought I would post it here ... It just seemed fitting given recent events.
Hat tip to all that were an Angel for Wendi.

and I have a dumb question

I see a lot of St. Pat's  Avis...   
What happened to Mardi Gras?  Mardi Gras day is Feb. 24th.

I even dug through my AVI closet just to get dressed for it...    Not that I'm a big party person  or fancy dresser.. 

Anyways & Just Wondering
SYB

Mardi Gras is cool and I love your mask.  I think for the most part Mardi Gras is not celebrated much outside Louisiana 
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #521 on: February 17, 2009, 12:17:39 AM »

What time do you get to call back, Island? 

Just got off from Le, she was transported to the hospital..........Thanks everyone for pulling together tonight. We are all so blessed to have each other.

Oh, such good news.  I have been so worried about her for days.  Thank you Island Monkey and Darla for getting her the help she needed.  Island Monkey you were definitely put in the right place at the right time.  I am humbled to be in the same forum with you.

Hugs, Magic 

Pls~I don't deserve that , I just happened to be online at the right time..... I am sending her a goodie basket to the hospital and am going to put some mokeys in it, so if anyone else has any ideas what else to toss in there, I'm open to suggsetions.

If I could, I'd send Miss Wendi a mirror w/a message framing it with words to this effect:  Life is better because you are my friend, you are beautiful, you are loved, you are the best and the brightest, and life wouldn't be the same w/out you...

I've been sweating bricks about Wendi.  My hats off to the darlin's who had the good sense to send her their email addresses and call 911 when it was clear she was in crisis.

God love you good folks and your big hearts!

Foggy
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #522 on: February 17, 2009, 07:51:23 AM »

First, I need to tell you a quick story. When jeff was in primary school, I had two best friends. They were the mums of Jeffs best friends. Jayden, Craig and Jeff. We stuck together all thru primary school, cos our sons were best friends, and we also were the same types of mothers, down to earth type, not snobby etc. Anyway, we lost contact thru highschool as our boys went in differernt classes.
Today, as I was crossing the road from the bank to go to the shopping mall, I see a little old lady crossing as well. When i got up close, I recognised her. It was Julie, Craigs mum. I said hi julie, and anyway, long story short, she and I got chatting. I knew her younger brother had died from a car accident, and then his twin committed suicide. I said, I am so sorry, I just didnt know what to do. She said thats OK, and then showed me her right hand. She was putting a log of wood into her combustion fire, when big lashing flames had burnt her head and face. It blew her away, and she said it didnt hurt, and she put her hands on the fire place to stand up, and then went to bed. She had been drinking. next day, she feels pain, long story short, she lost her whole right hand. They had to cut it off. Her face is deformed, and she has tufts of hair growing in patches. This was my old mate. I never even heard about this. So, me and david drive her back to her home, and it is immaculate, she was always a clean freak. Then we sit down, and talk, and she tells me about our other friend maureen. I never even heard this either. Her eldest son died in a house fire. Not jeffs friend, but the older brother. They thought I was living in america. She knows Michael, (my ex hubby) and he told her I have moved overseas. I gave her my number, and me and david spent two hours out at her property, now next week, her and Maureen are coming to visit me. These were my good mates, but my fault too, you just move on in life, but omg, they are coming next week for coffee. They both thought I was living in USA.

oh, and plus, Michael spread all these rumours around the town about me. When i had the heart attack and kidney failure, Michael spread around the town that he was the one who had to sign for my emergency dialysis, he had no say, he had no right to spread that shit around. i told Julie today the truth, and she spun out. Apparently the pub put on a vigil for him, long story short, all the town peeps think michael is a gem, and I told Julie half of stuff today, I will tell her the rest next week. I never stopped michael seeing jeff. Michael was an abusive bastard. When Jeff was 16, and got his first car, he drove to Michaels, so proudly, Look dad, I got my license and a car. Michael (Jeffs dad) said f*** OFF. Broke Jeffs heart, but it was good tho, cos Jeff finally realised his dad is a jerk, and he is way smarter, and he has a mother who would die for him.

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #523 on: February 17, 2009, 08:01:48 AM »

I need to add, its not my little home town, but the city town next to us.  Where all the dramas and rumours are coming from, I usually aviod it like a plague, but, today I went in, and I am really glad I did cos I caught up with Julie.  And heard all the lies going around about me    Thanks for letting me vent. 

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #524 on: February 17, 2009, 08:06:31 AM »

I have a few more recently decapitated pics of myself from this weekends "photo shoot" as I am calling it.  (Our outing at the Butterfly gardens for v-day)

Gives you an idea of how huge I am...very shocked I can fit through a door anymore.  LOL  You know you are fat when you are constantly having to change the seat settings in the car.   

You are not fat - you look wonderful!  I remember being pg for my first - I knew I was huge when I could not reach the windows in the house to open them!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #525 on: February 17, 2009, 08:24:09 AM »

I have a few more recently decapitated pics of myself from this weekends "photo shoot" as I am calling it.  (Our outing at the Butterfly gardens for v-day)

Gives you an idea of how huge I am...very shocked I can fit through a door anymore.  LOL  You know you are fat when you are constantly having to change the seat settings in the car.   

You are not fat - you look wonderful!  I remember being pg for my first - I knew I was huge when I could not reach the windows in the house to open them!

you look gorgeous dolce, might feel like a bloated blimp, but you got two babies coming into your life.  You dont look fat at all.  And after the birth. you will have a kid each hanging off your boobies, and thats just the beginning.  Wait till the start school, wait till they get to be teenagers, then, when they become adults and leave the nest, dont be worried about a bit of fat 

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #526 on: February 17, 2009, 08:51:17 AM »

you are so sweet.  Our weather and where the fires are have been nice and mild this week.  I think god mustve had a hand in that, as the weather was forecasted to be up in the high 100s this week, but it wasnt at all.  Hubby is snoring his head off, he just got back from victoria where he was a volunteer, not with fire fighting, but helping with labouring ad other stuff, like unloading the continual flow of trucks coming in with all the donations from all over Australia.  There are even USA fire fighters, and forensic teams helping. 
I was reading about wendi too, and Im so glad for all the kind monkeys helping her.  A lot of websoites would just ban you for opening up like she did, and I just love monkeys cos they are so compassionate.  She was reaching out, and Im so glad she is in hospital.  Her weight worries me, 90 pounds is too thin.  How old is your daughter?  My son turns 21 this year.  Hugs Lucinda

Hi Lucinda, my daughter is 28, we just found out on New Year's day that she will be having our 3rd grandchild in August.  We are blessed with Rylan Lee 4yrs old and O'Rylie Rose 2yrs old.  They are what brought me to the Caylee case.  The first thing I ever heard was Cindy's voice on the 911 call talking about the (it smells like a dead body in the damn car).  My blood ran cold and I just knew that her precious granddaughter must be dead.  Then when I saw her at the first bond hearing and all of her crazy lies, I thought I had gone loony.

My husband tries to follow along with me but he is not like you guys that know all the details like I do.  I think I have everything said and every photo memorized.  I have never really even knew what blogging was about till this.  The only reason I had a computer was to play video games with my hubby, daughter and her husband. 

Oh by the way, I am so proud of your hubby for his volunteering in the fires, your heart must be bursting.  My son in law used to be a forest fire fighter before they had children, I know how scary and dangerous it can be.  He has a much safer job now, thank God.  We learned in America just what heroes the fireman and police are during 911, they are now truly cherished in America.  I was so proud of the monkeys tonight and Klass showed just what a class act she was.  Instead of banning someone in need, she allowed one of us to be helped.  Island Monkey and Darla were amazing and I just pray that she gets the help she needs and starts to put on some weight.

I have been so consumed with this case, I am retired and have lots of time on my hands.  I promised myself that Caylee would be the last that I got so involved with but now my heart is already so taken with little Haleigh and I pray that somehow she is found safe.  I have felt from the beginning that little Adji was just being forgotten about but without media, we just don't have a lot to go on.  Our hero Tim is there searching for Haleigh and that makes me feel so much better.  Now if just George and Cindy would get out of the picture and stay out of it until their horrid daughter goes to trial we would all be better off.  To read of the two year old little boy that Tim just found alive gives me hope and patience for Haleigh and Adji.  I truly believe in miracles.

Hugs, Magic

congratulations magic, on having a third grand child on the way.  My husband was not fire fighting, he was helping the red cross with unloading trucks with all the donations, and he helped out with some labour work in clearing roadways, but he is not a fire fighter. 
My son is tho.  He has a South Australian certificate in fire fighting for the CFS.  He moved to western australia, and handed in his pager.  My son, was one of the youngest people in my home town to pass into a full pledged cfs.  He has certificates, I framed them, I was so proud.  We had to get government permission for him to be allowed into the cfs as a full fiery, and he got that.  (due to his young age, he studied and sat for exams an 18 year old does, and he did more than pass, he excelled)  They bought him boots, a suit and a pager.  When he moved to Western Australia, he had to hand in his pager.  They all miss him here, but he is concentrating on his chef career.  he is a fully qualified chef, he did his 4 year apprentiship, now he is making big money.  Thats my boy.  Miss him a lot tho, but very proud of him.

Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #527 on: February 17, 2009, 08:56:47 AM »

thread breaker 
prayers for wendi ((hugs))

crazybabyborg
« Reply #528 on: February 17, 2009, 11:36:14 AM »

Hey Peanut? I'm making a delivery!!   

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/St%20Pat/Peanut.gif
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #529 on: February 17, 2009, 11:47:49 AM »

I just wanted everyone to know that Ijust got off the phone with Wendi's husband, and he seems to be a very nice, compassionate and truly understanding man who really loves his wife.

She is in another hospital now, and is receiving the care she needs. I just want to remind everyone to keep her in your prayers because once she is released (could be 10 days to two weeks), she will need support to keep her strong.

IM

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #530 on: February 17, 2009, 12:33:58 PM »

I need to add, its not my little home town, but the city town next to us.  Where all the dramas and rumours are coming from, I usually aviod it like a plague, but, today I went in, and I am really glad I did cos I caught up with Julie.  And heard all the lies going around about me    Thanks for letting me vent. 

Sweetheart -- I am so sorry you have had a bad day.  Your ex sounds like a real jerk.  I hope you can reaqaint with your friends and this will go well for you.  You are the tops.  I love your spunky attitude -- and I love our debates.  Sleep tight mate and hug that man of yours.  Remember, he is precious and much better than the ex. 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #531 on: February 17, 2009, 12:34:30 PM »

I just wanted everyone to know that Ijust got off the phone with Wendi's husband, and he seems to be a very nice, compassionate and truly understanding man who really loves his wife.

She is in another hospital now, and is receiving the care she needs. I just want to remind everyone to keep her in your prayers because once she is released (could be 10 days to two weeks), she will need support to keep her strong.

IM
Thank you so much for the update.  I am very relieved that she is getting the help that she very much needs.  We love you Wendi and only want to see you better and happy!!

PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #532 on: February 17, 2009, 12:35:40 PM »

IM

Island -- thank you for the update -- I do not post much but am always praying for many Monkeys.  You did a great thing for Wendi.  I will be praying for her, her husband and her mother. 
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #533 on: February 17, 2009, 01:06:41 PM »

IM

ISLAND YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the update, been on edge of my chair!
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #534 on: February 17, 2009, 02:18:56 PM »

You DON'T look fat!!! You look like a very slender person who's just hiding a very large bowling ball under her shirt.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #535 on: February 17, 2009, 02:22:43 PM »

And for the day's inspiration... here are a group of "street musicians" from around the world coming together to record one very special song.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Us-TVg40ExM&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Us-TVg40ExM&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;fs=1</a>

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: February 17, 2009, 03:10:10 PM »

IM

ISLAND YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the update, been on edge of my chair!

Yes.  Thanks for the update.  Been on pins and needles.  Love you, IM!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #537 on: February 17, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »

IM
Thank You Island for the update on Wendi. So happy to hear she is getting some help. Keeping her in my prayers.
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #538 on: February 17, 2009, 04:54:22 PM »

You DON'T look fat!!! You look like a very slender person who's just hiding a very large bowling ball under her shirt.
Oh Dolce you look lovely. There isn't a greater Joy in the world than Motherhood.
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: February 17, 2009, 07:27:57 PM »

Oh Dolce you look lovely. There isn't a greater Joy in the world than Motherhood.
God Bless
GE

Dolce:

I meant to tell you how beautiful you look. 

I wish I could have seen your picture before your husband asked to have your head taken off!!!   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.