April 19, 2024, 03:43:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649211 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2009, 01:27:08 AM »

Is it just me and my husband who would be out beatin' the bushes looking if our child was missing?  We'd be out in the dark w/night vision, on foot if we must.

Why is this boy on camera instead of looking for his daugter?

Another poor little lamb with no kind shepherd to guard her...

Foggy

From what I read, the LE had asked the family not to search (although I would have to just pizz of LE on that one myself), and the search has been scaled back......WHY??

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2009, 01:39:01 AM »

So her blanket and sheet were near the backdoor and the ramp?? Seems that would be hard to remove without waking others who were in the bed. Were they all in the same bed?
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2009, 01:39:09 AM »

Is it just me and my husband who would be out beatin' the bushes looking if our child was missing?  We'd be out in the dark w/night vision, on foot if we must.

Foggy

I didn't double-check my post.  After on foot, I meant to add we'd slog through brambles and swamps, over hill and dale on our hands and knees if necessary.  And I daresay our neighbors'd join in and wouldn't quit 'cause of nightfall.

The age of majority is 16 in FL?  Geez, too bad they don't have to take a test to enjoy the privilege.

God protect Miss Haleigh.
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2009, 01:51:18 AM »

Foggy

From what I read, the LE had asked the family not to search (although I would have to just pizz of LE on that one myself), and the search has been scaled back......WHY??

Yes, IslandM, my DH and I would prob just tell the LE to you-know-what off  , though I can see the intelligence in their admonition. 

If its true the dogs went down to the water, I'm not hopeful.  I heard that the little one was fearful of water and the dark, yet the dogs went to the water.  If the little darlin' is in the water, the dogs (though not necessarily those dogs) can go out on the water and scent decomposition gasses.  I hate to be a doomsayer, but I think LE'll have dogs out in boats soon.  That'd be the why to your question above imho.

When was the baby last seen by her daddy?  Sorry if I've missed that detail.

So it wasn't about Caylee I was feeling so blue today. I now think it was for Miss Haleigh, but didn't want to acknowledge it.

I pray she is found safe and sound.

Foggy
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2009, 01:54:39 AM »

After reading the above news report about what the birth mother is saying happened in 2005, I'd love to see HER given a lie detector test.  Seems very odd to me that a mother could find her daughter floating in a canal and NOT report that, NOT press for and make sure she retains custody of that child.  Would love to hear the story on this.  And why Haleigh continued to remain in her father's supposed neglectful custody and the birth mother paying him child support.  C'mon.........     We for sure aren't hearing 'the rest of the story'.. yet.  So it's hard for me to believe any of the above at face value, for what's it worth.  Yes, does sound like something coming from a disgruntled ex. 

For the 17 yr old supposedly not waking up, not hearing anything... I can believe that.  She's not the mama.  Seems even the hardest sleeping person, after giving birth, tends to become a very light sleeper.  It's weird, yet it's true for many many moms.  The girlfriend, as much as she may have wanted to be alert, is still a teen and not a birth mom.  Teens and young adults tend to sleep like a stone.  So again, I'm not surprised that she supposedly heard nothing. 

Rewatched NG's show from tonight, heard that it was the back SCREEN door that was propped open with a brick.  There are still inconsistencies between the reports and the info from the 911 calls tho.  Perhaps things will get sorted out a bit better in the next few days or so. 

Haleigh's father just seems .... weird.  Those who have posted that he didn't make eye contact.. yes, that's odd.  His supposed 'tears' look contrived.  I have sons near this age, have seen them in a wide range of emotions, none look contrived.  This dude is faking.  I bet my next ciggie on that. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2009, 02:12:50 AM »

Anyone know how big the water is near Haleigh's home?

Maybe she was transported across the water in a boat.  Has LE taken dogs along the shoreline on the other side?
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2009, 02:20:47 AM »

Anyone have the NG transcripts. I thought I heard the girl say the door was locked. Maybe it was a 911 call.

The differing info in the media reports about the door is what is making my hinky meter go up. 

The girlfriend supposedly reported 'the door to the family home was unlocked at the time'.  Yet elsewhere she supposedly reported that 'the door is always locked.'  Haleigh's father supposedly reported 'there was forced entry'.  The police supposedly reported 'not finding signs of forced entry'.  There supposedly was 'a brick found on the floor'.  Another report of 'a brick found propped up against the door'. 

Also reported differently is the "17 year old" who was asleep in the same bedroom as the kids.  First reported as being Haleigh's father's girlfriend.  Elsewhere reported as being a family cousin. 

Reported is that the father came home from work at 3 am, also at 3:30 am, also at 3:34 am.  Which is it? 

Is it the young girlfriend calling Haleigh 'her baby'?  As in "I just want my baby home!"  Hmmm... What's up with that?

I realize that early reports in the media can often get jumbled up and takes a bit of time to get all the true info in a case sorted out.  The differing info is confusing!! 

Still and all, my hinky meter also goes up in just watching and listening to Haleigh's father.  Along with some other monkeys, it feels to me like there is just something not right with him. 

I am with you Wyks...they can't even get the little brother's age correct..one says 2 yrs old...others say 4.  

Just read the NG transcript from tonight...Father speaks...now we have it from the "horses' mouth"...not filtered through jumbled up media.

He does state..both he and the GF passed polys...so thank God for that.  

Seems like GF went to bed about 10-11...Haleigh was there sleeping...GF got up to go the the bathroom about 3...she wasn't there and Back door that they never use...was open.

True, lol, I thought there were two younger children, but turns out it was just the age gotten wrong.  My heart goes out to the lil bro. 

I've heard two different versions on the news today (wednesday), about the gf.  One that she was asleep when Haleigh's father got home and HE realized that his daughter was gone... And one as you said, that the gf had gotten up to use the bathroom and she's the one who realized that Haleigh was gone.

On NG, the father said that the gf woke up, found Haleigh gone and called him first, rather than 911.  Sounds like he was pulling up just as she called him and he told her to call 911.  He was very likely running thru the place looking for Haleigh. 

Wonder if we're gonna hear from the gf on NG?  It was reported that she wasn't seen today and is at home with her own family.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2009, 02:27:47 AM »

So her blanket and sheet were near the backdoor and the ramp?? Seems that would be hard to remove without waking others who were in the bed. Were they all in the same bed?

I've heard that they were all three in the same bed, yes.  I didn't hear about the sheet being by the backdoor, heard it was her blanket and pillow.  lol  Still tho, seems bedding would be hard to remove along with Haleigh without waking someone else sleeping in the same bed.  Unless the blanket was a small fav that Haleigh slept with in her arms or something like that. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2009, 02:33:30 AM »

Foggy

Yes, IslandM, my DH and I would prob just tell the LE to you-know-what off  , though I can see the intelligence in their admonition. 

If its true the dogs went down to the water, I'm not hopeful.  I heard that the little one was fearful of water and the dark, yet the dogs went to the water.  If the little darlin' is in the water, the dogs (though not necessarily those dogs) can go out on the water and scent decomposition gasses.  I hate to be a doomsayer, but I think LE'll have dogs out in boats soon.  That'd be the why to your question above imho.

When was the baby last seen by her daddy?  Sorry if I've missed that detail.

So it wasn't about Caylee I was feeling so blue today. I now think it was for Miss Haleigh, but didn't want to acknowledge it.

I pray she is found safe and sound.

Foggy

Good points Foggy.  And good question, when WAS the last time Haleigh was seen by her father?  I don't remember that being asked or answered by him, tho I could have missed it too. 

My heart is heavy.  Haleigh has a beautiful smile. 

And.. the same name as my 5 yr old grand-daughter, Haylie.  Which also rhymes with Caylee. 

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2009, 02:35:18 AM »

Another poor child lost to the cruelty of another, so sad.
The conflicting reports are making it hard to get a sure idea of facts but although the dad seems a little off, so far I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't appear that he could have done it if the timeline is correct.

Is the girlfriend a cousin?
I wonder what the feelings the exwife had about not having full custody, are there any records of domestic fights, drugs?

The sleeping in one bed deal is weird to me but the g/f is so young maybe she was a little afraid of being there by herself so she slept with the kids until he gets home.

I do think a child could be picked up out of bed without waking but it's really hard for me to think the g/f wouldn't hear or feel something, and the bedding on the back walk, that was only mentioned in one report so is it accurate?
sometimes in small communitys like a mobile home park there's a lot of visiting back and forth, wonder if g/f had some pals that she visited alot while dad was working and the kids were sleeping?

Some prayers are needed for this child, it's been too long.
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2009, 03:21:24 AM »

The conflicting reports are making it hard to get a sure idea of facts but although the dad seems a little off, so far I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't appear that he could have done it if the timeline is correct.

I wonder what the feelings the exwife had about not having full custody, are there any records of domestic fights, drugs?

The sleeping in one bed deal is weird to me but the g/f is so young maybe she was a little afraid of being there by herself so she slept with the kids until he gets home.

I do think a child could be picked up out of bed without waking but it's really hard for me to think the g/f wouldn't hear or feel something, and the bedding on the back walk, that was only mentioned in one report so is it accurate?
sometimes in small communitys like a mobile home park there's a lot of visiting back and forth, wonder if g/f had some pals that she visited alot while dad was working and the kids were sleeping?

Yes, she has been missing too long...odds are not good here.  Been praying constantly.  Something has GOT TO BE DONE ABOUT THESE CASES DAMMIT.  So tired of so many getting abused and murdered all for what? 

There was a case here yesterday that a girl threw her newborn into the lake..umbilical cord and all because she was afraid to tell her parents she was pregnant.  She thinks she felt a heartbeat.  Her parents found out somehow and marched her into the police station...hooray for them.  Too bad they didn't confront her about being pregnant and gotten that over with before she killed the baby (read where they did suspect she was).

I was thinking about a "safe haven" type of facility where you could take your children to for a "time out" if you were a parent and got "overwhelmed" and was thinking about harming them or yourself.  Maybe get some counselling...support?  Don't know if that would be feasible..how would you fund it?  What would your liabilities be?  Everything is so risky...life is too complicated nowadays.  Anyway that would be my dream if I ever hit the lottery.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2009, 03:25:43 AM »

Crystal's (mother) myspace

http://www.myspace.com/crystalsheffield

Female
23 years old
macclenny, Florida
United States

Last Login: 2/11/2009

So the name is Crystal, I have three beutiful children. Haleigh 5, Ronald (aka butterbean) 3, Chloe 9 months Jan.15.. I have a wonderful family, My Mom I love you don't know what I would do with out you ur my heart. My sister Sarah I luv ya sis. Chad I luv u more that words can say!!!!!:)

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2009, 03:44:37 AM »

If you click on the pics at Crystal's myspace..There are some interesting comments under some of the pics.

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2009, 06:43:52 AM »

I do not want to jump to any conclusions about any family members or the GF.
We know way too little to think anything bad of any one in this one. I remember the Jessica Lunsford one. Too many same things, trailer park, broken family, Dad gone from house, no one heard a damn thing. Surrounded by registered sex offenders. Ugh.

I hear what you are saying. I listened to the 911..back door always locked, yet no sign of forced entry. Maybe the 17 yr old went out for a smoke and forgot to lock it and was afraid to tell her BF. The dads interview was odd, lots of crying but no tears, looking away ( I never saw him look right at the camera) and lots of threats against the perp. I don't know, I am not a man but he either is just very immature or guilty.
 I bet if everyone knew how many registered sex offenders lived near them there would be a bigger push for making the moon an inhabitable gated community. Sex offenders are not only molesters but those who have had sex with a minor, therefore an 18 year old who has consensual sex with a 15 yr old and gets caught can be classified as such. In this case a 24 yr old man has a live in 17 yr old GF, charges could be filed and he would attain such status too.

No charges could be filed as the legal age of consent in Fl (someone correct me if I am wrong!) is 16. So the day of your 16th birthday it is no longer considered statutory rape. But I do agree with the theory that there should be tiered sex offender listings. I do not think it is fair that a guy that had sex with a girlfriend is listed with the animals that rape and hurt kids. But at least with this system there is a way to know. Most would be surprised how many of these sickos live near them. And, at least in Michigan, the minors that are offenders are not listed.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2009, 07:20:33 AM »

Foggy

LE doesn't want the dad to search, think the reason if he finds the person who took her, he did say he will KILL the person............and I believe him...

And for scaling back the search, something doesn't sound right to me....
Did they find her??

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2009, 07:23:56 AM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/12/news/news01.txt

Search for Haleigh Continues; probe intestifies; authorities say girl abducted

BY LARRY SULLIVAN
Published: Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:46 AM EST
Palatka Daily News

SATSUMA - Authorities believe the 5-year-old Putnam County girl missing since early Tuesday was kidnapped and are trying to identify who's responsible.

Meanwhile, the search for Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings continued Wednesday.

"All the answers to why you would take a 5-year-old are ugly," Maj. Gary Bowling, a spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said during a press conference Wednesday afternoon.

The massive ground and air search launched Tuesday around the South Putnam neighborhood known as Hermits Cove, complete with roadblocks and door-to-door canvassing, changed Wednesday to a quiet-but-determined effort by local, state and federal officers.

Bowling said an intensive investigation was under way and "all the world is a suspect."

Wednesday's developments include:

� Authorities said there was no trace of Haleigh, no arrests and no suspects.

� Bloodhounds tracked Haleigh's scent from her home to the St. Johns River, but authorities don't know how recent the tracks were. Divers checked the area nearby.

� Relatives maintained a vigil not far from the command center directing the search.

� FBI agents are helping question people, including 44 registered sex offenders living within five miles of Haleigh's home.

� Volunteers may be utilized later in the week.

Haleigh was reported missing at 3:27 a.m. Tuesday by Misty Croslin, 17, girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, who had just gotten home from his night shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka.

The rear door of their home was propped open with a cinderblock, authorities said, and there was no sign of forced entry.

Croslin had been sleeping next to Haleigh and when she went to the restroom, the child vanished. Haleigh's 3-year-old brother was unharmed.

"She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Daily News while distributing flyers bearing Haleigh's photo on Tuesday. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything."

The emergency call for help triggered a massive response. About 150 law officers worked from helicopters, all-terrain vehicles and on foot, as well as boats, into the night Tuesday.

On Wednesday, about 50 officers were involved, and the ranks of investigators were growing.

"Right now, a major focus is on the investigation," Bowling said. "We've talked to nearly everyone in the neighborhood."

Through extensive interviews, investigators are building a timeline of Haleigh's family going back 30 days in an attempt to uncover leads, Bowling said.

"The family is cooperating with us completely," Bowling said.

Haleigh's maternal grandparents and other relatives gathered Wednesday on a grassy area between the Cummings home and the sheriff's office command post. Throughout the day they met with deputies and well-wishers.

Behind them were signs expressing support. One, written on a blue sheet, urged people to pray for the young girl's safe return.

Johnny Sheffield, Haleigh's grandfather, and his ex-wife, Marie Griffis, expressed doubt in Croslin's account, saying details of her account "don't fit."

"How could somebody lift her up and move her and this girl not even wake up?" Griffis said. "It don't fit together. I don't know, it just don't work."

Sheffield said he believed his daughter's ex-husband and Croslin had dated about three to six months.

"I don't know nothing about her," he said. "Never seen her, never spoke to her."

As they spoke, their daughter, Crystal Sheffield, watched and waited inside a SUV. Griffis said her daughter was distraught over the disappearance and came to Putnam County for word.

Down the road, another group of relatives and friends waited for news.

Teresa Neves, Haleigh's paternal grandmother, said they stayed there all night Tuesday. Supporters held a candlelight vigil.

Griffis, meanwhile, urged Haleigh's abductor to release the girl.

"Just take her somewhere where the police can have access to her," she said.

Sheffield, who lives in Fruitland, said he wouldn't give up.

"I'm going to look over hell and half of Georgia until I find her," Sheffeld said.

"They're not going to get away with it. I'm going to find my baby," he added. "Somebody around here knows something."

Also Wednesday, authorities explained the blanket and bed sheets on a wooden ramp leading from the Cummings' back door. Bowling said the items had been brought out by police so tracking dogs could learn Haleigh's scent.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy on Wednesday cited assistance Putnam County was receiving from other agencies and said the cooperative effort increased the chance of "a positive outcome."

The sheriff's office also has received numerous tips, and residents have also provided food and other support, Hardy said.

"I want to thank the public for their assistance," he said.

Many volunteers have offered to help search for Haleigh, Bowling said, and they may be utilized later this week.

Johnny Sheffield, Haleigh's grandfather, praised the efforts of the sheriff's office and other agencies, describing their work as "tremendous."

"We can't say enough," Sheffield said.

lsullivan@palatkadailynews.com

OK~That explains the bed sheets, yet still so many inconsistentcies linger.......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2009, 07:26:42 AM »

I find the same bed thing strange also but lots of people do not. I am always amazed when lots of us landlords find that the tenants have several kids but do not use any of the bedrooms. They all sleep in the living room as a group. We currently have one family renting an efficiency with three kids and they think it is great. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2009, 07:27:38 AM »

Foggy

LE doesn't want the dad to search, think the reason if he finds the person who took her, he did say he will KILL the person............and I believe him...

And for scaling back the search, something doesn't sound right to me....
Did they find her??

It's not just the dad they asked not to search, it's grandparents and other family etc. I don't understand the search being cut back except that they seemed to be concentrating heavily on the water yesterday and they asked TES to come in.......so, maybe they want to use Tim's sonar and know theat your everday volunteer isn't capable of searching water~that's my best guess and only a guess So sad, I also understand the GF has had a second interview yesterday.

[
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2009, 07:33:07 AM »

Did anyone see one of the grandfather's on TV last night?  I thought on one of the news reports that the grandfather spoke.  Did I dream this?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2009, 07:36:55 AM »

Did anyone see one of the grandfather's on TV last night?  I thought on one of the news reports that the grandfather spoke.  Did I dream this?

No, I saw it too.

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.