April 20, 2024, 12:01:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649253 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1320 on: February 15, 2009, 10:03:23 PM »

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/021509/news_0215009_043.shtml

Missing Girl

SATSUMA -- A couple crawled alongside a road on an all-terrain vehicle, their heads pointed toward the wood line as they apparently watched for something -- anything -- that might have been overlooked.

But like the hundreds of volunteers and police officers who searched this rural part of Putnam County on Saturday, looking for any sign of Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings, they found nothing.

The fifth day of the search for the 5-year-old who was reported missing early Tuesday was as fruitless as the first four.

At a news conference, Putnam County Sheriff's Chief Rick Ryan said the "items of interest" that were discovered Friday weren't related to the case.

"Our crime lab folks have taken a look at those, and they've determined that they're of no significance to the investigation," Ryan said. "Basically, the philosophy is, if it didn't grow there we want to look at it."

He would not say what those items were but said investigators were "glad" they had no bearing on the case.

At about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday, Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 25, reportedly returned home from his job at a Palatka plant that manufactures steel girders for bridges. At about the same time, Cummings' 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, woke up to go to the bathroom and saw that Haleigh was not in bed.

Croslin called 911 and said the rear door to Cummings' manufactured home had been propped open. She said she locked it before putting Haleigh and her little brother, Ronald Cummings Jr., to bed.

During the call, Cummings is heard telling the dispatcher, "I'm telling you, if I find whoever has my daughter before you all do I'm killing him. I don't care. I'll spend the rest of my life in prison."

In an interview Saturday, Sheriff's Lt. Johnny Greenwood said the case was being treated as an abduction because investigators had found nothing to indicate the girl had been harmed.

That leaves them with the scenarios that she was taken from bed or she walked out of the house. In the latter case she likely would have been abducted as well, Greenwood said.

"After five days, if she did wander off, most likely she would have been picked up," he said.

On Saturday, as they had since Tuesday, about 250 volunteers searched on land for Haleigh, divers combed the nearby St. Johns River, and helicopters were sent up to look down on the heavily wooded surroundings.

The river search would be suspended today because the dives had yielded only a few logs and a refrigerator lying on the riverbed. But Ryan said the change was not a signal that the overall search would be scaled back.

"We're as optimistic right now as we were on Day One that we're going to find Haleigh," he said, "and we will remain optimistic and, as we've said all along, we're not going to stop looking for her."

A reporter asked, "Optimistic you're going to find her alive?"

"That's our goal," Ryan replied.

By Day Five, many of the television-satellite trucks had left the area as there was little to indicate the search would end soon.

But more stuffed animals and notes had been left for Haleigh on a fence near where her mother, Crystal Sheffield, 23, of Glen St. Mary, is keeping vigil during daylight with her family.

Written on a red, heart-shaped card were the crayon-colored words, "Haleigh happy Valentines day friend."

Ronald specifically stated that he LOCKED that back door and always checked it before leaving for work.  So did Misty go out after Ronald left for work and leave those kids inside alone?

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1321 on: February 15, 2009, 10:12:03 PM »

Grandma is trying to give the impression she is having psychic impressions  hearing Georgia / Alabama. Believes she is out of the state but ok.

In my humble not so psychic impression, maternal grandma knows something.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1322 on: February 15, 2009, 10:12:06 PM »

On Geraldo just now, Haleigh's mom said that when she's at her house and wakes in the night, she cries and comes looking for her. 

Taking that one step further.......

What if Haleigh did indeed wake in the night, crying, looking for Misty... and what if Misty wasn't there, having gone over to her brother's........  ?? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1323 on: February 15, 2009, 10:13:47 PM »

Looks like George, who is coming up, is not at the scene.  He has those artificial books as a back drop.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1324 on: February 15, 2009, 10:14:22 PM »

coming up next on Geraldo, George Anthony on the search for Haleigh  ugggggggg   hes everywhere, gosh...

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1325 on: February 15, 2009, 10:15:01 PM »

Grandma is trying to give the impression she is having psychic impressions  hearing Georgia / Alabama. Believes she is out of the state but ok.

In my humble not so psychic impression, maternal grandma knows something.
She doesn't seem very worried does she?
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1326 on: February 15, 2009, 10:15:55 PM »

Once again Tim Miller's heart of gold is shining through.

I hope the family is not reading here.   

I just have a hard time trashing victims or their families after what was done
in the Natalee Holloway case until there is proof of their involvement.  Don't think being dumb and young counts because if it did, there are far too many who qualify.  Remember LE in that case accused the family of being behind her disappearance to collect insurance money.  There wasn't even a policy.

And the reporting in this is terrible both from the media and LE.  Maybe they will ALL settle on one version of events soon.

Not enough info yet IMMHO.  Perhaps the search is being called off because there are not enough volunteers during the week when most are at work.  Also could be the LE expects to have some information back on forensics by then and could be thinking an arrest imminent.  I do think this will be solved in pretty short order because seems LE involved much more quickly than the 30 days for Caylee.

Just my thoughts. . . .

Amen, Anna! (I put bolded letters in you quote)

And I wish some would stop looking down on them because they live in a mobile home and not a stick house. Anyone check the prices of homes??? even though it is said the prices are dropping? Well, 30% off a $300,000 home doesn't still make it affordable.

Mobile homes are a good way for people to get to live in a home, but then again look at the price of mobile homes in

Laguna Niguel, California
Estimated median household income in 2007: $100,557 (it was $80,733 in 2000)
Laguna Niguel:     $100,557
California:     $59,948

Estimated median house or condo value in 2007: $958,719 (it was $361,700 in 2000)
Laguna Niguel:     $958,719
California:     $532,300

Mean prices in 2007: All housing units: $946,617; Detached houses: $1,086,965; Townhouses or other attached units: $678,299; In 2-unit structures: $324,571; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $489,655; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $495,984; Mobile homes: $316,875

Now, of course most of these are along the ocean and the price doesn't include the probably $1500 each month of rent. These probably have a pool etc.

Now look at a city near LAX:
Estimated median household income in 2007: $65,767 (it was $51,792 in 2000)
this city:     $65,767

Estimated median house or condo value in 2007: $795,314 (it was $271,900 in 2000)
this city:     $795,314

Mean prices in 2007: All housing units: $633,637; Detached houses: $765,265; Townhouses or other attached units: $639,726; In 2-unit structures: $783,581; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $656,943; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $351,193; Mobile homes: $38,507

Ha, the lowest one in this city of only 170 mobile homes was $48,000 and you have to pay cash, plus shareholder fee of $1500 (one time) if your HOA owns the land and "rent" of $500 plus utilities. Only the largest MH Park has double wides and they go for $100,000+.

Another thing not known, is that you can hardly get any financing to buy an older mobile home. Newer ones can get financing via Warren Buffet's co which I think is 21st

and while I am on the personal rant.... any mobile home built before 1984 and HUD is called a trailer.

This above on homes, incomes, etc  came from http://www.city-data.com/ and I will email them about the ave. cost of mobile homes they listed above. See some you pay property tax on and some you pay a fee to the state dept of housing or something. If you pay to the state agency you can have your records made nonpublic for extra money. I cannot figure how they got the mean price of $38,500. Doesn't "mean" mean 1/2 above and 1/2 below.

If you haven't guessed, I live in a trailer (1960 model) with an addon. with FEMA extra steel bracing underneath for earthquakes. There isn't one here for sale (for we aren't allowed to rent) under $82,000. I have been here 5 yrs.. I have know my neighbors and they have been so helpful to me and vice-versa compared to when I lived in a more affluent area for the 34 years previous and you can guess where that was by reading the Donna Jou tread.. ie: NE of toolbox area next to Fox.

Good Monkeys,
I tried to find cities around Haleigh's home put couldn't. I don't know all the cities around there so maybe one of our good Monkeys can find out.

PS... go to white pages, melissadata.com and all. start getting your name, address out of the public. Granted it takes time.

I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about evil from being a Scared Monkey but on the greater hand I have learned more about Good.

Thanks for listening.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1327 on: February 15, 2009, 10:18:14 PM »

Oh dear, anyone watching Geraldo.....sounds like MIsty suspects her cousin who has a history of "messing" with Misty   

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1328 on: February 15, 2009, 10:18:49 PM »

Hmmm.. on geraldo, a 'crimetime alert' says that Misty suspects that a cousin may have take Haleigh.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1329 on: February 15, 2009, 10:23:18 PM »

OK  now Im about to go off on these people, now how the hell do you let a cousin that molested you come around you ever again and then also come into contact with a child, OMG  are these people crazy or what, Get real, if my cousin messed with me when I was little I wouldnt ever want to see his face again, this is unbeleivable,   I do not understand.......

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1330 on: February 15, 2009, 10:23:38 PM »

Oh dear, anyone watching Geraldo.....sounds like MIsty suspects her cousin who has a history of "messing" with Misty   
From the very beginning it sounded like grandpa and dad had an idea of who could have taken her.

The thing is the $25,000 reward by Leonard, no cops, deal directly with him.  Hard to pass up if you have an alive 5 yr old. 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1331 on: February 15, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »

Once again Tim Miller's heart of gold is shining through.

I hope the family is not reading here.   

I just have a hard time trashing victims or their families after what was done
in the Natalee Holloway case until there is proof of their involvement.  Don't think being dumb and young counts because if it did, there are far too many who qualify.  Remember LE in that case accused the family of being behind her disappearance to collect insurance money.  There wasn't even a policy.

And the reporting in this is terrible both from the media and LE.  Maybe they will ALL settle on one version of events soon.

Not enough info yet IMMHO.  Perhaps the search is being called off because there are not enough volunteers during the week when most are at work.  Also could be the LE expects to have some information back on forensics by then and could be thinking an arrest imminent.  I do think this will be solved in pretty short order because seems LE involved much more quickly than the 30 days for Caylee.

Just my thoughts. . . .

Amen, Anna! (I put bolded letters in you quote)

And I wish some would stop looking down on them because they live in a mobile home and not a stick house. Anyone check the prices of homes??? even though it is said the prices are dropping? Well, 30% off a $300,000 home doesn't still make it affordable.

Mobile homes are a good way for people to get to live in a home, but then again look at the price of mobile homes in

Laguna Niguel, California
Estimated median household income in 2007: $100,557 (it was $80,733 in 2000)
Laguna Niguel:     $100,557

Estimated median house or condo value in 2007: $958,719 (it was $361,700 in 2000)
Laguna Niguel:     $958,719

Mean prices in 2007: All housing units: $946,617; Detached houses: $1,086,965; Townhouses or other attached units: $678,299; In 2-unit structures: $324,571; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $489,655; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $495,984; Mobile homes: $316,875

Now, of course most of these are along the ocean and the price doesn't include the probably $1500 each month of rent. These probably have a pool etc.

Now look at a city near LAX:
Estimated median household income in 2007: $65,767 (it was $51,792 in 2000)
this city:     $65,767

Estimated median house or condo value in 2007: $795,314 (it was $271,900 in 2000)
this city:     $795,314

Mean prices in 2007: All housing units: $633,637; Detached houses: $765,265; Townhouses or other attached units: $639,726; In 2-unit structures: $783,581; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $656,943; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $351,193; Mobile homes: $38,507

Ha, the lowest one in this city of only 170 mobile homes was $48,000 and you have to pay cash, plus shareholder fee of $1500 (one time) if your HOA owns the land and "rent" of $500 plus utilities. Only the largest MH Park has double wides and they go for $100,000+.

Another thing not known, is that you can hardly get any financing to buy an older mobile home. Newer ones can get financing via Warren Buffet's co which I think is 21st

and while I am on the personal rant.... any mobile home built before 1984 and HUD is called a trailer.

This above on homes, incomes, etc  came from http://www.city-data.com/ and I will email them about the ave. cost of mobile homes they listed above. See some you pay property tax on and some you pay a fee to the state dept of housing or something. If you pay to the state agency you can have your records made nonpublic for extra money. I cannot figure how they got the mean price of $38,500. Doesn't "mean" mean 1/2 above and 1/2 below.

If you haven't guessed, I live in a trailer (1960 model) with an addon. with FEMA extra steel bracing underneath for earthquakes. There isn't one here for sale (for we aren't allowed to rent) under $82,000. I have been here 5 yrs.. I have know my neighbors and they have been so helpful to me and vice-versa compared to when I lived in a more affluent area for the 34 years previous and you can guess where that was by reading the Donna Jou tread.. ie: NE of toolbox area next to Fox.

Good Monkeys,
I tried to find cities around Haleigh's home put couldn't. I don't know all the cities around there so maybe one of our good Monkeys can find out.

PS... go to white pages, melissadata.com and all. start getting your name, address out of the public. Granted it takes time.

I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about evil from being a Scared Monkey but on the greater hand I have learned more about Good.

Thanks for listening.

IBE~I hope no one thinks I'm looking down on them for living in a mobile home, I did in kindergarten. It's gf's changing stories about more than one fact many times, their lifestyle (drug charges, DV, general run in's with LE etc), and the fact they were the last one's to see her. We aren't doing anything LE isn't looking into, first rule out the family then move on. Sadly, I don't think LE has been able to rule them out just yet due to their timeline and changing stories. Not to mention that in Florida a 25 yr old and a 16 yr old (she just turned 17) could earn RC a designation as a SO himself.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1332 on: February 15, 2009, 10:25:20 PM »

Hmmm.. on geraldo, a 'crimetime alert' says that Misty suspects that a cousin may have take Haleigh.   

Good grief and the tooth fairy is next...........................

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1333 on: February 15, 2009, 10:26:29 PM »

OK  now Im about to go off on these people, now how the hell do you let a cousin that molested you come around you ever again and then also come into contact with a child, OMG  are these people crazy or what, Get real, if my cousin messed with me when I was little I wouldnt ever want to see his face again, this is unbelievable,   I do not understand.......
Its a way of life for some women.  It is expected.  Even some religions/cults condone this.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1334 on: February 15, 2009, 10:26:35 PM »

D@mn, I am watching the all star game with my son, so pls update in DETAIL.

WTF~If she knew this why in the h@ll wouldn't she tell someone............

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1335 on: February 15, 2009, 10:28:29 PM »

George really doesn't have a clue what to say.  He just keeps repeating the same thing.  The media isn't going to get their monies worth out of him.  Maybe the big bucks go to hear Cindy speak.  Oh, I hope not.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1336 on: February 15, 2009, 10:30:20 PM »

D@mn, I am watching the all star game with my son, so pls update in DETAIL.

WTF~If she knew this why in the h@ll wouldn't she tell someone............
Misty had said that a cousin of hers from Tennessee had been down to visit a couple months ago and this is the same cousin that messed with her when she was a bout 13, and he even stole a gun from Ronald before he left, these people are crazy,,,,,,

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1337 on: February 15, 2009, 10:30:38 PM »

OK  now Im about to go off on these people, now how the hell do you let a cousin that molested you come around you ever again and then also come into contact with a child, OMG  are these people crazy or what, Get real, if my cousin messed with me when I was little I wouldnt ever want to see his face again, this is unbeleivable,   I do not understand.......
Ok~now I am officially PIZZED, wtf? Why on earth would you even let this monster near these two babies it's like putting candy in front of a baby. I knew she had said she was molested and thought that would have made her more aware of what to look for. God pls don't let her have let the cousin abuse her knowingly......that would explain washing the blanket though...I'm gonna be sick

[
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1338 on: February 15, 2009, 10:32:55 PM »

OK  now Im about to go off on these people, now how the hell do you let a cousin that molested you come around you ever again and then also come into contact with a child, OMG  are these people crazy or what, Get real, if my cousin messed with me when I was little I wouldnt ever want to see his face again, this is unbelievable,   I do not understand.......
Its a way of life for some women.  It is expected.  Even some religions/cults condone this.
well I dont think it was condoned and anyway they should never let this so called cousin around any other children, he is a sex offender now and I dont think they have located him yet, so I hope LE does find him and if he had anything to do with Haleigh missing I bet the LE wont condone him....or his behavour..

dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1339 on: February 15, 2009, 10:32:58 PM »

Have they located the cousin???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.