April 24, 2024, 08:59:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649395 times)
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1600 on: February 17, 2009, 12:02:13 AM »

This might be a stupid question, but   when I download a spyware, does that get rid of the viruses and stuff that are on my comp..

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1601 on: February 17, 2009, 12:07:49 AM »

This might be a stupid question, but   when I download a spyware, does that get rid of the viruses and stuff that are on my comp..

HH you are sortof using the wrong words. 

Virus = very bad
Malware = bad
Spyware = bad (in varying degrees - almost all websites now have some sort of tracking software which could be labeled spyware)

AVG = good

It will detect and remove virus, spyware and malware from your computer
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1602 on: February 17, 2009, 12:16:44 AM »

Virus = very bad
Malware = bad
Spyware = bad (in varying degrees - almost all websites now have some sort of tracking software which could be labeled spyware)

AVG = good

LOL   I figured i was saying it all wrong, but when I tried to download AVG.. it wanted me to complete some kind of shopping thing, like it said complete one of the following and then it would download, I dont know what Im doing at all..

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1603 on: February 17, 2009, 12:46:32 AM »

Virus = very bad
Malware = bad

AVG = good

LOL   I figured i was saying it all wrong, but when I tried to download AVG.. it wanted me to complete some kind of shopping thing, like it said complete one of the following and then it would download, I dont know what Im doing at all..

HH - you shouldn't have to do that.  Try from this link:

http://www.avg.com/filedir/inst/avg_free_stf_en_8_237a1428.exe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1604 on: February 17, 2009, 01:36:29 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/16/amber_alert_ground_search_for_haleigh_to_end_monday.html

Amber Alert -- Polygraphs Continue On Family Of Haleigh Cummings
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:34:55 AM

SATSUMA -- Authorities in Putnam County said they have left no stone unturned in their search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, but despite their efforts, there are still no clues leading to the girl's whereabouts.

In an afternoon news conference, Dominic Pape, a special agent with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, said  they are moving from ground searches to a more tactical approach of following up tips and leads. They said they would search any place in the country or the world to look for Haleigh.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy confirmed that family members are currently taking polygraph tests.

Investigators admitted they were frustrated, but said they have made progress in their efforts to find Haleigh, who disappeared a week ago from her Satsuma home.

Cummings told Putnam County sheriff's deputies that he left his daughter and son in bed in the care of 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin. Croslin said when she got out of bed, she could not find Haleigh.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1605 on: February 17, 2009, 01:55:18 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131483&catid=3&GID=Nz02OXV/aqbpJLx5bz5QcJAyGFiYL5FO0QfKgl0GFvI%3D

Deputies Back in Haleigh's Neighborhood
Posted By: Lindy Thackston     1 hr ago

SATSUMA, FL -- Donald Bard remembers the phone call early last Tuesday morning that woke him up.

His wife Phyllis answered the call.

"We were sleeping and then we received a phone call, the automated phone call that Haleigh Cummings was missing in our neighborhood," said Phyllis Bard.

The Bard's recognized the name right away.

"The home where Haleigh was taken from belonged to my parents," said Phyllis.

It sits right next door to her own home, and Phyllis began renting it out a few years ago after her father died of diabetes complications and her mother died in a car crash 80 days later.

The Bard's first met Haleigh's father, Ron Cummings, last August.

Phyllis says, "They first moved next door to us, and then they needed a bedroom for each of the children he said, and so he asked to rent that house and we rented that to him in November."

She's an adorable little girl," says Phyllis. "Just adorable. She would come over when I was hanging clothes on the line, and I would see the two of them out in the yard playing and she's just, what can I say, a beautiful, adorable little girl. It just breaks my heart that all this has happened."

The Bard's say, almost one week later, it's still so hard to believe. The FDLE Command Center is just yards from their front door, and Monday night, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office teamed up with the Florida Highway Patrol to set up a another roadblock outside the neighborhood.

Sgt. Joseph Wells of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said, "It's just a general set of questions. Were they down here last week, and then if yes, a few more questions."

"We might find that there's a paper delivery or a gas delivery company or something that comes and goes on this day and time and we'd just like to know who was down here and maybe did they see anything."

Sgt. Wells said the roadblock, which will be up until 2 a.m., is part of CART protocol, which is the Child Abduction Response Team.

Just down the road, Phyllis Bard thinks of the missing daughter, and of her own mother, and is comforted.

"I heard on the television, hold on to hope. I heard the sheriff say that, and all of a sudden it hit me, my mother's name was Hope. It's the house of hope. Because if my mother were living, my mother would say, just hang on to hope."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1606 on: February 17, 2009, 01:57:33 AM »

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/Prayers-for-Haleigh/JytNlr8tX0WlZ75hndgARg.cspx

Prayers for Haleigh
  Reported by: Leslie Coursey
Email: lcoursey@tvjaxfl.com
Last Update: 12:55 am 

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Haleigh Cummings' family and friends are keeping the faith, despite their disappointment that police have scaled back the search for the missing 5-year-old.

At another roadside vigil Monday night, a tearful Ron Cummings prayed for his daughter's safe return.  Earlier in the day, he begged to keep an Equuisearch team on the ground looking for her.  Now his friends and neighbors are criticizing police for reducing the number of people looking for Haleigh.  Roxanne Akins feels like, "Everybody's given up on her."

Putnam County Police are still looking for Haleigh around the clock.  However, their investigation now is more tactical.  They're following specific leads.  More information is expected to be released Tuesday morning. 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1607 on: February 17, 2009, 03:05:47 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/16/amber_alert_ground_search_for_haleigh_to_end_monday.html

SATSUMA -- Authorities in Putnam County said they have left no stone unturned in their search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, but despite their efforts, there are still no clues leading to the girl's whereabouts.

In an afternoon news conference, Dominic Pape, a special agent with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, said  they are moving from ground searches to a more tactical approach of following up tips and leads. They said they would search any place in the country or the world to look for Haleigh.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy confirmed that family members are currently taking polygraph tests.

Investigators admitted they were frustrated, but said they have made progress in their efforts to find Haleigh, who disappeared a week ago from her Satsuma home.

Cummings told Putnam County sheriff's deputies that he left his daughter and son in bed in the care of 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin. Croslin said when she got out of bed, she could not find Haleigh.

What the fruck? Is this just bad reporting or did he really state this because I've never heard this, last I heard was he got his daughter off the school bus around 3:30 or 3:45 and he told LE that was the last time he saw her (which seemed odd to me since he worked 3pm-3am). More twist and turns in this case also

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1608 on: February 17, 2009, 03:27:20 AM »

What the fruck? Is this just bad reporting or did he really state this because I've never heard this, last I heard was he got his daughter off the school bus around 3:30 or 3:45 and he told LE that was the last time he saw her (which seemed odd to me since he worked 3pm-3am). More twist and turns in this case also

The only thing I can think of is, the police are not releasing everything at once, just tid bits at a time.
Would like the police to release the total interview of both of them.

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1609 on: February 17, 2009, 03:38:10 AM »

The only thing I can think of is, the police are not releasing everything at once, just tid bits at a time.
Would like the police to release the total interview of both of them.

Me too, I just have the impression that they already have a POI and don't want to let them know they are close to nailing him/her because they no they would lawyer up ASAP........but, my nosy side wants answers to all these loose ends.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #1610 on: February 17, 2009, 04:28:38 AM »

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/Prayers-for-Haleigh/JytNlr8tX0WlZ75hndgARg.cspx

Prayers for Haleigh
  Reported by: Leslie Coursey
Email: lcoursey@tvjaxfl.com
Last Update: 12:55 am 

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Haleigh Cummings' family and friends are keeping the faith, despite their disappointment that police have scaled back the search for the missing 5-year-old.

At another roadside vigil Monday night, a tearful Ron Cummings prayed for his daughter's safe return.  Earlier in the day, he begged to keep an Equuisearch team on the ground looking for her.  Now his friends and neighbors are criticizing police for reducing the number of people looking for Haleigh.  Roxanne Akins feels like, "Everybody's given up on her."

Putnam County Police are still looking for Haleigh around the clock.  However, their investigation now is more tactical.  They're following specific leads.  More information is expected to be released Tuesday morning. 

This case is so full of inconsistencies.  When did her father see her last, which bed was she in, what was she wearing?  Even different news agencies are giving differing reports. 

Still, it must be heart wrenching to see the searchers leave and not have her found yet.  I have a feeling the LE is on to something and it is not something they want made pubic yet.  They haven't given up on her, of that I am sure.  I do know, from what I have learned since the Caylee case that Tim Miller and Tes work hand in hand with LE.  They would still be searching if LE thought they should.  I am sure Tim hates leaving without finding her, I can't imagine going through what he does.  The family pleading for him to stay.......so sad.  Sad

Hugs, Magic

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1611 on: February 17, 2009, 07:49:11 AM »

Help, my comp says I have viruses, does anybody here know a good antivirus that I could download for free for right now until I can purchase one, I need help, Im comp stupid when it comes to these types of things.

The best out there is spybot - it is free, offers real time scanning and immunizations.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1612 on: February 17, 2009, 08:08:56 AM »

I think they should take babysitter/live in to the police station and question her
away from her boyfriend. I think she is afraid of the father.

As for Casey, no finger prints on duct tape. But how about Teeth marks. They
might have taken those prints when she was arrested. I hope so!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1613 on: February 17, 2009, 09:04:59 AM »

If this has been said before farther back, just ignore me...
Whatever happened to Haleigh could have happened earlier in the evening...the gf would have all of those hours till father got off of work to try to cover up what happened? she could have "staged" the back door thing with the cinder block having the door open..etc..which would throw off the time line of when Haleigh actually disappeared...
How many 17 yr olds wake up in the middle of the night? they usually sleep so soundly, even through television or radio noises blaring...She was nervous of what father was going to say to her so she actually had been up all night trying to figure out what she was going to do/say....I think that she might have left the kids alone and came home to find HC gone, panicked ......too afraid to tell anyone... why didn't she call 911 right away? or the father? .I agree that she needs to be questioned hard without the father around...she will break if she knows anything...our news just said that they are looking into Misty's cousin who had been visiting the home that night and left right away to go back to Tennessee..anyone know who he is? any info on him?
what about the little brother who just turned 4? children that age are quite verbal and he might know something...I bet he misses HC a lot since they are close in age and must have played together a lot..
My heart is breaking for Haleigh....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1614 on: February 17, 2009, 10:12:32 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131517&catid=3

Still Following New Leads in Search for Haleigh
Posted By: Dave Wax     Created: 2/17/2009 9:49:14 AM    Updated: 2/17/2009 9:53:01 AM

PALATKA, FL -- Putnam County officials held a news conference at 9:30 Tuesday morning to update the media and the public on the search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

Capt. Steve Rose with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said the searchers spent time yesterday establishing checkpoints and conducting what he called a "secondary neighborhood canvas."

In that process, officials stopped and searched every vehicle, and questioned the people inside.

Rose said the checkpoint idea was something they had learned while undergoing child abduction response training.

It's designed to go over the same area again, and hopefully be able to talk to someone or see something that may not have been there earlier in the search.

Capt. Rose said their teams gained several important leads in the secondary canvas, but wouldn't disclose what any of them were.

He did say that leads were still coming in locally, statewide, and out of state, and that they were following up on each one.

Asked if officials had come up with a suspect or suspects yet, Rose said, "We are still looking at everybody as a suspect at this time."

The next scheduled news conference is at 4 p.m. We will bring it to you live on First Coast News and firstcoastnews.com. Of course, if there's a major break in the search before then, we'll bring it to you as it happens.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1615 on: February 17, 2009, 10:14:09 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131510&catid=3

Face of Missing Girl Up All Over Town
Posted By: Angela Spears     Created: 2/17/2009 8:33:46 AM    Updated: 2/17/2009 9:23:56 AM

SATSUMA, FL - The picture of Haleigh Cummings is up all over town.

Everywhere people turn, you can't miss it, from store fronts to the local newspaper, Haleigh's face is staring back at people with the hope that someone has that critical clue to bring her home.

5-year-old Haleigh Cummings vanished one week ago from her home in rural Satsuma, which is just south of Palatka in Putnam County.

READ: INITIAL REPORT SHOWS NO SIGNS OF FOUL PLAY

Her father's girlfriend put her to bed and she hasn't been seen since.

LISTEN: THE 911 CALL

Her picture is the first thing shoppers see when they walk into a Dollar General store.

The door to the Palatka Christian Service Center also has Haleigh's picture taped to it.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office is holding a news conference at 9:30 with the very latest in the investigation.

We will have it live on firstcoastnews.com and First Coast News.

Authorities Monday said they had one more area to search before moving away from full-scale searches to take an investigative approach in the effort to find Haleigh.

"We won't give up on Haleigh," said Sheriff Jeff Hardy.

READ: FBI EXPERT EXPLAINS THE NEXT PHASE

If you have any information in the search for Haleigh, call Crime Stoppers at 1-88-277-TIPS. You will remain anonymous and could receive a cash reward of up to $1,000.

Click here for expanded coverage on the Search for Haleigh.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1616 on: February 17, 2009, 10:17:03 AM »

If this has been said before farther back, just ignore me...
Whatever happened to Haleigh could have happened earlier in the evening...the gf would have all of those hours till father got off of work to try to cover up what happened? she could have "staged" the back door thing with the cinder block having the door open..etc..which would throw off the time line of when Haleigh actually disappeared...
How many 17 yr olds wake up in the middle of the night? they usually sleep so soundly, even through television or radio noises blaring...She was nervous of what father was going to say to her so she actually had been up all night trying to figure out what she was going to do/say....I think that she might have left the kids alone and came home to find HC gone, panicked ......too afraid to tell anyone... why didn't she call 911 right away? or the father? .I agree that she needs to be questioned hard without the father around...she will break if she knows anything...our news just said that they are looking into Misty's cousin who had been visiting the home that night and left right away to go back to Tennessee..anyone know who he is? any info on him?
what about the little brother who just turned 4? children that age are quite verbal and he might know something...I bet he misses HC a lot since they are close in age and must have played together a lot..
My heart is breaking for Haleigh....

All great questions we have been pondering because know one really knows when she was last seen OTHER than gf and dad, so this could very easily be possible~plus, I don't buy that she just realized she was "stolen" directly before dad is supposed to get off work. Wy to many questions and even more than several answers to each of those questions.

[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1617 on: February 17, 2009, 10:22:38 AM »

Also, has the bus driver verified that Haleigh got off of the bus and who met her when getting off the bus if anyone? Was she at school that day at all?
I don't buy it that gf just suddenly woke up just about the time that bf was to get home either...too many questions for the gf...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1618 on: February 17, 2009, 10:26:28 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/021709Neighborhood_canvass_conducted_for_missing_girl

Neighborhoods searched
for missing girl
Police canvass neighborhoods for
leads
Last Edited: Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009, 10:00 AM EST
Created On: Tuesday, 17 Feb 2009, 10:00 AM EST

Stephanie Gibson | FOX 35 News

SATSUMA, Fla. - Investigators from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said they utilized federal, state and local officers Monday night in a neighborhood canvass to find missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

In a news conference Tuesday morning, investigators said they came up with several good leads last night. They also said they conducted a vehicle checkpoint in the area which is an in-house protocol that detectives and administrators train for in cases of missing children.

Investigators would not detail the nature of the searches.

Sheriff's officers said they are confident in a general timeline surrounding Haleigh's disappearance, and are continuing to look at everybody as a suspect.

Only officials with the sheriff's office will continue to search for the missing girl.

Investigators plan to hold another news briefing today at 4 p.m.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1619 on: February 17, 2009, 10:32:16 AM »

My gut is telling me foul play was involved with this case.  I feel that if she wandered away or was abducted they would have found her or have a lead by now as to something.  Its a mobile home park and the walls are not block thick they are thin, and children scream...I can imagine that if she were taken she would for sure be a screamer. 
It just does not look very good right now.

If the cinder block was placed on the door as the g/f is claiming by the "abductor" than why are there no footprints in the dirt?  DNA on the cinder block?? How would an abductor know just when and where to find the child within the home?  How would he/she know that the g/f would be asleep and the father not home??  How would he/she know to use that door?  How would they know where to find a cinder block and why use that and not some other means to prop the door open that is closer??

Too many questions.........ugh!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.