April 26, 2024, 12:20:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649570 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1620 on: February 17, 2009, 10:34:15 AM »

If this has been said before farther back, just ignore me...
Whatever happened to Haleigh could have happened earlier in the evening...the gf would have all of those hours till father got off of work to try to cover up what happened? she could have "staged" the back door thing with the cinder block having the door open..etc..which would throw off the time line of when Haleigh actually disappeared...
How many 17 yr olds wake up in the middle of the night? they usually sleep so soundly, even through television or radio noises blaring...She was nervous of what father was going to say to her so she actually had been up all night trying to figure out what she was going to do/say....I think that she might have left the kids alone and came home to find HC gone, panicked ......too afraid to tell anyone... why didn't she call 911 right away? or the father? .I agree that she needs to be questioned hard without the father around...she will break if she knows anything...our news just said that they are looking into Misty's cousin who had been visiting the home that night and left right away to go back to Tennessee..anyone know who he is? any info on him?
what about the little brother who just turned 4? children that age are quite verbal and he might know something...I bet he misses HC a lot since they are close in age and must have played together a lot..
My heart is breaking for Haleigh....

All great questions we have been pondering because know one really knows when she was last seen OTHER than gf and dad, so this could very easily be possible~plus, I don't buy that she just realized she was "stolen" directly before dad is supposed to get off work. Wy to many questions and even more than several answers to each of those questions.
I agree, I have wondered why the "sudden" wake up to use the bathroom around the same time that the father is returning home...coincidence??  Not sure.....inconsistent?  Heck ya!

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1621 on: February 17, 2009, 11:02:58 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/16/amber_alert_ground_search_for_haleigh_to_end_monday.html

Amber Alert -- Polygraphs Continue On Family Of Haleigh Cummings
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:34:55 AM

SATSUMA -- Authorities in Putnam County said they have left no stone unturned in their search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, but despite their efforts, there are still no clues leading to the girl's whereabouts.

In an afternoon news conference, Dominic Pape, a special agent with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, said  they are moving from ground searches to a more tactical approach of following up tips and leads. They said they would search any place in the country or the world to look for Haleigh.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy confirmed that family members are currently taking polygraph tests.

Investigators admitted they were frustrated, but said they have made progress in their efforts to find Haleigh, who disappeared a week ago from her Satsuma home.

Cummings told Putnam County sheriff's deputies that he left his daughter and son in bed in the care of 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin. Croslin said when she got out of bed, she could not find Haleigh.

What the fruck? Is this just bad reporting or did he really state this because I've never heard this, last I heard was he got his daughter off the school bus around 3:30 or 3:45 and he told LE that was the last time he saw her (which seemed odd to me since he worked 3pm-3am). More twist and turns in this case also

I don't know if Ron hours changed but he did state to the judge he had to be in work by 6pm.. hours- 6 to 3am...

http://www.fox30online.com/media/news/1/3/e/13e1a8a0-e082-477f-9698-11a796f76a10/petineer.pdf

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1622 on: February 17, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »

Sorry if this has been posted. I am not involved in this case (my choice) and I do not spend time here.

Amber Alert -- New Leads In Search For Haleigh
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:35:43 AM

SATSUMA -- Putnam County investigators said new tips in the search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings have led detectives to places around Florida and even out-of state.

At a press conference Tuesday morning, Capt. Steve Rose, with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said detectives canvassed the Satsuma neighborhood last night and found new people they had not spoken to about the girl's disappearance.

"We were able to come up with several good leads that we are following up on," Rose said. "Those leads, as I said, were a result of doing the neighborhood canvas last night."

Several people have taken polygraph tests, including Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 25, and his girlfriend, Misty Croslin, 17.

Croslin was the last person to see Haleigh before she disappeared.

Ronald Cummings told deputies he left his daughter and son in bed in Croslin's care. Croslin said when she got out of bed, she could not find Haleigh.

Investigators would not release information about what the polygraph tests showed, or comment on whether they still believe Croslin is telling the truth.  (IF THEY BELIEVED HER, they would say so!)

Officials would also not answer questions about Croslin, including where she was, and if she had access to a car during the time Haleigh disappeared from her Satsuma home. They simply said they are looking at everyone.

"We are still looking at everybody as a suspect," Rose said.

The ground search for the missing child has ended, but investigators will continue to work on leads.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/17/amber_alert__haleighs_father_begs_for_search_to_continue.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1623 on: February 17, 2009, 11:50:34 AM »

If this has been said before farther back, just ignore me...
Whatever happened to Haleigh could have happened earlier in the evening...the gf would have all of those hours till father got off of work to try to cover up what happened? she could have "staged" the back door thing with the cinder block having the door open..etc..which would throw off the time line of when Haleigh actually disappeared...
How many 17 yr olds wake up in the middle of the night? they usually sleep so soundly, even through television or radio noises blaring...She was nervous of what father was going to say to her so she actually had been up all night trying to figure out what she was going to do/say....I think that she might have left the kids alone and came home to find HC gone, panicked ......too afraid to tell anyone... why didn't she call 911 right away? or the father? .I agree that she needs to be questioned hard without the father around...she will break if she knows anything...our news just said that they are looking into Misty's cousin who had been visiting the home that night and left right away to go back to Tennessee..anyone know who he is? any info on him?
what about the little brother who just turned 4? children that age are quite verbal and he might know something...I bet he misses HC a lot since they are close in age and must have played together a lot..
My heart is breaking for Haleigh....

All great questions we have been pondering because know one really knows when she was last seen OTHER than gf and dad, so this could very easily be possible~plus, I don't buy that she just realized she was "stolen" directly before dad is supposed to get off work. Wy to many questions and even more than several answers to each of those questions.
I agree, I have wondered why the "sudden" wake up to use the bathroom around the same time that the father is returning home...coincidence??  Not sure.....inconsistent?  Heck ya!
Most teenagers do not awaken at night to go to the restroom.Most can sleep 12 hrs.or longer at night without getting up.By her account she went to bed at ten p.m. & had to get up at 3 a.m.-5 hrs. later.I wonder if anyone saw Hayleigh after the dad went to work. This seems staged to me.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
CynInOregon
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1624 on: February 17, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »

I don't want to have to add Haleigh to my Heather and Caylee Angels !   

My prayers this morning are for some word on Haleigh and Adji.

www.myspace.com/cynthiawalker

In Loving Memory of Our Beautiful Angel Heather and Precious Angel Caylee.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1625 on: February 17, 2009, 11:57:30 AM »

Official: We are checking on leads involving Haleigh Cummings

Today's Updates

9:53 a.m. New tips generated overnight have led Putnam County investigators to places around Florida and even out-of-state to search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

Detectives canvassed the Satsuma neighborhood last night and found new people they hadn't spoken to the first time they did a "knock and talk" last week, an official said.

Several people have been taken polygraph tests, including Haleigh's father Ronald Cummings, 25, and his girlfriend Misty Croslin, 17.

Croslin was the last person to see Haleigh before she disappeared. Investigators would not release information about what those tests showed or comment on whether they still believe Croslin is telling the truth.

The ground search for the missing child has ended, but investigators will continue to work on leads.

9:53 a.m. New tips generated overnight have led Putnam County investigators to places around Florida and even out-of-state to search for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

Remember on Sunday during a news conference when Haleigh's grandma is trying to give the impression she is having psychic impressions  hearing Georgia / Alabama. Believes she is out of the state but ok.

You can search for posts on the 15th around 9 pm est on forum for more information.
CynInOregon
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1626 on: February 17, 2009, 11:58:14 AM »

I don't want to have to add Haleigh or Adji to my Heather and Caylee Angels !   

My prayers this morning are for some word on Haleigh and Adji.
Self edited because I type to fast.

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1627 on: February 17, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »

SATSUMA, FL -- Donald Bard remembers the phone call early last Tuesday morning that woke him up.

His wife Phyllis answered the call.

"We were sleeping and then we received a phone call, the automated phone call that Haleigh Cummings was missing in our neighborhood," said Phyllis Bard.

The Bard's recognized the name right away.

"The home where Haleigh was taken from belonged to my parents," said Phyllis.

It sits right next door to her own home, and Phyllis began renting it out a few years ago after her father died of diabetes complications and her mother died in a car crash 80 days later.

The Bard's first met Haleigh's father, Ron Cummings, last August.

Phyllis says, "They first moved next door to us, and then they needed a bedroom for each of the children he said, and so he asked to rent that house and we rented that to him in November."

She's an adorable little girl," says Phyllis. "Just adorable. She would come over when I was hanging clothes on the line, and I would see the two of them out in the yard playing and she's just, what can I say, a beautiful, adorable little girl. It just breaks my heart that all this has happened."

The Bard's say, almost one week later, it's still so hard to believe. The FDLE Command Center is just yards from their front door, and Monday night, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office teamed up with the Florida Highway Patrol to set up a another roadblock outside the neighborhood.

Sgt. Joseph Wells of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said, "It's just a general set of questions. Were they down here last week, and then if yes, a few more questions."

"We might find that there's a paper delivery or a gas delivery company or something that comes and goes on this day and time and we'd just like to know who was down here and maybe did they see anything."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=131483&provider=top
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1628 on: February 17, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »

So they have only been in this trailer for less than 4 months, prior to this they were nextdoor to the landlord phyliss bard.  Also in regards to door locks on rental properties, my husband works for C21 and does rentals during the year and we own a rental ourselves and very little lock changing goes on......
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1629 on: February 17, 2009, 12:43:25 PM »

Shoot, I was so hoping for some positive news today or a breakthrough!

Seems odd that they are still doing polygraphs on the families at this late date.  Unless they are going deeper into extended family. 
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1630 on: February 17, 2009, 01:06:44 PM »

The custody hearing docs... Ron starts work 6pm and works the latest 6am..

http://www.cbs47.com/media/news/e/4/2/e42078af-0580-47ab-8b13-b60c9d0f9ac3/cummings1.pdf
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1631 on: February 17, 2009, 01:21:23 PM »

Police follow new leads in search for missing girl

updated 37 minutes ago

(CNN) -- Investigators are pursuing several new leads in the case of a missing 5-year-old girl in Florida, they said Tuesday.

Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings, 5, who vanished a week ago, may have been abducted, police say.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office on Monday night searched the neighborhood of Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings, who vanished a week ago. Deputies also searched surrounding neighborhoods.

Authorities said the girl may have been abducted.

Officials wouldn't release any details on the leads.

"Those leads, like I said, are as a result of doing the neighborhood canvass last night, and we will be following up on those leads today," said Capt. Steve Rose of the Putnam Sheriff's Office.

Rose said investigators also conducted a checkpoint in the area last night.

Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, 17-year-old Misty Croslin, told police she was watching Haleigh when she went missing sometime before dawn February 10.

Cummings shares his double-wide mobile home with Croslin, daughter Haleigh and a 4-year-old son in Satsuma, east of Gainesville. He has said that when he returned home at 3 a.m. ET, he was surprised to see Croslin awake and asked her why she was up.

Croslin waited until Cummings came home to phone 911 about the girl's disappearance, though it's unclear how long that wait was. Police said last week that Croslin had tucked the girl and her brother into bed at 8 p.m. before going to sleep at 10. The girl, boy and Croslin usually sleep in the same bed.

Officials said they originally thought Haleigh may have wandered outside on her own but are now certain that she was abducted.

Investigators are looking into various angles of the case, including finding out the location of 44 registered sexual offenders who live within a five-mile radius of the Cummings home, said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam Sheriff's Office.

A nationwide Amber Alert said the girl was last seen wearing a pink shirt and underwear.

Sounds like all the SO have not been interviewed and/or found yet.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1632 on: February 17, 2009, 01:26:47 PM »

Didn't realize that sheriff was newly elected.

Big Case for New Sheriff

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- Jerry's Drive-In is a beloved local hang-out in Palatka. The cheeseburgers are stacked high and the hot conversation for the past week has been about the new sheriff and the biggest case this county has seen in years.

That's the case of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

And the new sheriff is Jeff Hardy.

Ed Killebrew sits at a booth for lunch and says, "It's hard for him, I'm sure just getting into office. But he's been a dedicated law enforcement officer for many years. He knows what he's doing."

Hardy was first a deputy in Broward County. He then joined the Putnam County Sheriff's Office and worked for it for almost 15 years. While there he was a deputy, a detective, and he worked in the narcotics unit.

In 2005, he was hired as a sworn police administrator for the Putnam County School District.

In 2008, Hardy ran for Putnam County Sheriff and won by a landslide.

In January of 2009, Hardy officially became Sheriff.

A few weeks later in February, Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her home in Satsuma.

The case has thrust Hardy and Putnam County into the national media.

Mike Madden picked up his mail at the Satsuma Post Office Monday. He's a retired detective from the Virgin Islands. He said, "There's a lot of pressure on Hardy. He wants to crack this thing as fast as he can and I am sure he will."

Another elderly man at the same post office talked about how Hardy helped him install his washing machine and dryer. He chuckled and said, "He told me I was too old to do that alone."

Back at Jerry's Drive-In in Palatka, Linda Anderson waited for her food. She said, "I can see the physical toll [this case] has taken on him." She then added that she thought Hardy was handling the case well.

The search for and the investigation surrounding Haleigh has included help from near-by law enforcement agencies as well as the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the FBI.

Local, state, and national media have poured into Putnam County to cover the story.

At the center of it all is a little girl named Haleigh and a new sheriff named Hardy.

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1633 on: February 17, 2009, 01:30:28 PM »

Knowing 17 year olds like I do they sleep anytime anywhere, what if Misty propped the door open so she could see Haleigh playing outside but then she and junior fell asleep. She woke up late at night and Haleigh was missing, either Haleigh may have wandered to the lake or been abducted further from the home. Just a thought...

Reading the transcripts from LE I noticed they said "Haleigh went to the bathroom and never came back" according to Misty, or was this just another mistaken quote.

I also find it very telling that when Ronald asked her what she was doing up so late she said "YOUR daughter is missing" already distancing herself from the situation.

I am praying they find her alive... Sad

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1634 on: February 17, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »

http://www.cbs47.com/media/news/e/4/2/e42078af-0580-47ab-8b13-b60c9d0f9ac3/cummings1.pdf

I may be wrong but is that an old document?

I could have sworn I read he worked 3pm-3am

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1635 on: February 17, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »

Docs stamped Jan 4, 2007- Ron stated he was a crane operator @ the hearing .. Did he switch jobs since then? What is Ron's work schedule time and hours??
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1636 on: February 17, 2009, 01:54:22 PM »

Press conference announced to be coming up shortly on foxnews - HLN CNN probably will carry it as well

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1637 on: February 17, 2009, 01:56:18 PM »

Docs stamped Jan 4, 2007- Ron stated he was a crane operator @ the hearing .. Did he switch jobs since then? What is Ron's work schedule time and hours??

On GVS I heard 3-3......

It could be like many shift workers whose schedules rotate.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
CynInOregon
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1638 on: February 17, 2009, 01:56:42 PM »

link anyone ?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1639 on: February 17, 2009, 01:58:01 PM »

Ron saying that he was surprised that Misty was up at that hour says to me that she is NEVER up at that hour when he gets home...so, why this particular night did she wake up from a sound sleep? hmmmmm....
If they are checking out of state, could it be to the  Tennessee cousin's house who had visited that same night with Misty and then went right back to Tennessee? Anyone know the cousin's name? any scoop on him?
Also, it could happen that Misty did prop the door open to watch Haleigh play outside and did fall asleep...she is hiding something I feel..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.