April 25, 2024, 12:48:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649451 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1740 on: February 17, 2009, 11:23:30 PM »

February 17, 2009
Florida Police Receive New Leads in Abduction of Haleigh Cummings
 The search for Haleigh Ann Marie Cummings, a 5-year-old girl who vanished from her Putnam County, Fla., home on Feb. 10, has been significantly scaled back; however investigators say they are following up on new leads.

"We were able to come up with several good leads that we are following up on today," Capt. Steve Rose of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said at a press conference today. "At this time we cannot discuss the nature of those leads."

Sources close to the investigation have told Investigation Discovery that the new leads revolve around the timeline the girl disappeared and the initial report given to law enforcement. This information reportedly changed the focus of the investigation, which in turn resulted in the search being scaled back. Due to the sensitive nature of the information obtained by ID no further details can be provided at this time.

Among those pulling out of the search for Haleigh is Texas EquuSearch, a search and recovery group from Dickinson, Texas, who was recently involved in the search for Casey Anthony's missing daughter, Caylee Anthony.

According to Mike Ray, a Texas EquuSearch search coordinator who was on the ground during the search effort, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office asked Texas EquuSearch to pull out of the search yesterday. Ray would not discuss the specifics of that request; however he did say they had conducted a thorough search of the area.

"We had 300 searchers at our disposal," Ray told investigation Discovery. "We went out multiple times and cleared all of the wooded areas around Haleigh's home. The terrain was some of the most difficult I've seen compared to other searches I have been on. There was a lot of saw brush and a lot of volunteers came out with cuts on their forearms and legs. No one can say we did not put forth our best effort. We went out of our way to clear every area. The scale of this search could only be matched by the one we conducted for Caylee."

Ray said that while volunteers searched the woods, law enforcement personnel focused much of their attention on a nearby waterway.

"They had about 30 boats in the water," Ray said. "They were conducting sonar searches and they were also dragging the bottom."

Celebrity bounty hunter Leonard Padilla was also present during the search effort; however Ray said he did not actively participate in the search and remained camped out with the media. Last week, Padilla offered a $25,000 reward to anyone who returned Haleigh by Feb. 14. Sorry~just had to laugh at that one

In related news, volunteers found one area of interest in the woods where someone had constructed a makeshift lean-to and furniture out of tree branches. A shovel and length of rope were found at the location; however it remains unclear if any of the items are of relevance.

Meanwhile, Haleigh's father, 24-year-old Ronald Cummings, reportedly told an ID source that he has a new theory on what might have happened to Haleigh.

Cummings allegedly said that it is possible that Haleigh's abduction was in retaliation for something he did in the past, but he did not clarify what that "something" could be. Cummings also allegedly said that he believes someone gained entry to his home using a "lock bumping" technique. It remains unclear if law enforcement is following up on that theory. Was he a snitch for LE......he certainly seemed to get just a slap on the wrist for his rap sheet?

Regardless of how the abduction occurred, the fact remains that a beautiful 5-year-old girl is missing. It remains the hope of everyone involved that a break in the case will occur soon.

Keep checking back with Investigation Discovery for more details in the case.

Haleigh Cummings is described as three feet tall, weighing 39 pounds, with blonde hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt and underwear. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0808 or Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS.

Discuss the case:

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1741 on: February 17, 2009, 11:24:30 PM »

Good evening furry friends.

I have no definite opinion of whether Mysti is lying or not, but I know that Nancy Grace started her show by saying that Mysti was not at home when Haleigh was taken as if it were a proven fact, when actually it was a tip out of 1,000 which LE has received.  I thought that was unfair.  Later it was pointed out by a young woman reporter that it was a rumor and/or a tip out of many, but Nancy did not back off of her original statement.

I know that Mysti and Ronald are not the kind of people most of us know.  They are uneducated, live in a trailer, and use poor grammar.  Their lifestyle is not one which most of us live.  But there are many, many people in this country just like them.  I know that and so does Nancy Grace.

I am not writing this post to argue with anyone.  I think we will see the truth of the matter soon, and it could be that Mysti was not at home that night.  I don't know. I am not ready to condemn her, nor do I feel the need to defend her.  My point actually is to call attention to the dichotomy in NG's attitude.  She is in love with George and Cindy Anthony.  She will not allow anyone to criticise either one of them. She sympathizes with their "Heartbreak."  She bought George's "Suicide attempt" hook, line and sinker. She adored the Cindy Anthony production so-called memorial. However, IMO there is ample evidence that both of them have at least obstructed justice, and probably Cindy tampered with evidence.  I think that is clearly the case.  And it is my further opinion that George Anthony may be guilty of something much more serious, perhaps accessory after the fact. Yet, with no hard evidence at all Nancy Grace is ready to accuse Mysti of neglecting Haleigh and Junior and is quite vicious about it, IMO.  It seems to me that she is taking a rather arrogant attitude toward them, as if they are guilty of something but she has no evidence at hand, yet the Anthonys are angels who have been treated unfairly by a bunch of "Knuckleheads."

I think she is doing this because of the social class in which Mysti and Ronald fall.  While I, personally, would not have occasion to befriend Ronald and Mysti, I do not consider them worthless and I feel that those two children are just as important as Caylee Anthony was. Neither would I wish to be in the company of George and Cindy Anthony.  I wonder why Nancy Grace would.

I totally agree with your post, as I do with most of your posts.  However, I think there is another reason why NG sucks up to C&G...she really doesn't like them.   IMO...that is the reason she keeps having LP on the show...she knows he chaps their butts (not because he really KNOWS anything).

She is in the middle of a lawsuit with Melissa Duckett's family (don't know if Josh is involved or not).  The family is accusing NG of pushing Melinda over the edge to commit suicide as her interview (IIRC) was pretaped the afternoon of the evening that she killed herself.  Who knows if they will win or not...IMO it is a frivolous lawsuit as the girl had probs, etc. a long time ago and Melinda didn't even mention NG is her many & lengthy suicide notes.  But, as you know, being innocent or guilty..defending yourself in a lawsuit is no fun ..and I am sure CNN doesn't think so either.

So, since C&G have always been "lawyered up" and ready for a piece of her a$$...she sucks up big time and lets other people have their "opinions" and then she covers it with that drippy crap.  Yes, it makes me ill too!!!!  (Even though I know she is doing it so that she won't give the A's the satisfaction!)  I keep repeating that to myself whenever she get into the "spiel" or I DVR and fastforward through it as it is really getting OLD.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1742 on: February 17, 2009, 11:27:54 PM »

Kyle Johns predator lives @ 212 Monroe he rents from the Bards.. Is this the same house that Ron 1st rented from the Bards then moves to 202 green lane..and now a predator live @ 212 Monroe.....where Ron use live...

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=8989
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1743 on: February 17, 2009, 11:32:31 PM »

Kyle Johns predator lives @ 212 Monroe he rents from the Bards.. Is this the same house that Ron 1st rented from the Bards then moves to 202 green lane..and now a predator live @ 212 Monroe.....where Ron use live...

Do the landlords have to be "notified" that their tenet is a SO?
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1744 on: February 17, 2009, 11:34:19 PM »

Do the landlords have to be "notified" that their tenet is a SO?

I dont know..
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1745 on: February 17, 2009, 11:40:39 PM »

In New Jersey there is Megans Law and we as realtors arent aloud to tell clients if there are sexual offenders in the area they have to check for themselves...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1746 on: February 17, 2009, 11:58:56 PM »

GOOD QUESTION 

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1747 on: February 18, 2009, 12:01:11 AM »

GOOD QUESTION 

Klass Thank God you arrived....
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1748 on: February 18, 2009, 12:02:31 AM »

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1749 on: February 18, 2009, 12:04:57 AM »

SATSUMA, FL -- Donald Bard remembers the phone call early last Tuesday morning that woke him up.

His wife Phyllis answered the call.

"We were sleeping and then we received a phone call, the automated phone call that Haleigh Cummings was missing in our neighborhood," said Phyllis Bard.

The Bard's recognized the name right away.

"The home where Haleigh was taken from belonged to my parents," said Phyllis.

It sits right next door to her own home, and Phyllis began renting it out a few years ago after her father died of diabetes complications and her mother died in a car crash 80 days later.

The Bard's first met Haleigh's father, Ron Cummings, last August.

Phyllis says, "They first moved next door to us, and then they needed a bedroom for each of the children he said, and so he asked to rent that house and we rented that to him in November."

She's an adorable little girl," says Phyllis. "Just adorable. She would come over when I was hanging clothes on the line, and I would see the two of them out in the yard playing and she's just, what can I say, a beautiful, adorable little girl. It just breaks my heart that all this has happened."

The Bard's say, almost one week later, it's still so hard to believe. The FDLE Command Center is just yards from their front door, and Monday night, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office teamed up with the Florida Highway Patrol to set up a another roadblock outside the neighborhood.

Sgt. Joseph Wells of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said, "It's just a general set of questions. Were they down here last week, and then if yes, a few more questions."

"We might find that there's a paper delivery or a gas delivery company or something that comes and goes on this day and time and we'd just like to know who was down here and maybe did they see anything."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=131483&provider=top
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1750 on: February 18, 2009, 12:13:27 AM »

Boy Klaas,   this Kyle Johns guy just keeps coming up,  I wonder how many times LE has talked to him?

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1751 on: February 18, 2009, 12:13:53 AM »

Misty took the kids for walks I have read-Kyle could of been watching there every step
and routine..
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1752 on: February 18, 2009, 12:36:43 AM »

Godd Nite- I am sick that these innocent children are missing and being killed...

God Bless Them All
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1753 on: February 18, 2009, 01:12:30 AM »

In New Jersey there is Megans Law and we as realtors arent aloud to tell clients if there are sexual offenders in the area they have to check for themselves...

There are full dislosure rules in some locales re. termite infestation, structural or other high dollar probs w/a house.

But it ain't no biggie if there are a raft of SOs in close proximity to any given house that's for sale?     Give me a freakin' break. 
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1754 on: February 18, 2009, 01:25:06 AM »

There are full dislosure rules in some locales re. termite infestation, structural or other high dollar probs w/a house.

But it ain't no biggie if there are a raft of SOs in close proximity to any given house that's for sale?     Give me a freakin' break. 

I know Foggy, its pretty scary Where I live I checked ( not that my children are small anymore) my state has a very easy site. In a town of about 1,000 we have 1, thing is with all the recent e911 updates I do not know where that one is in relation to my house. And I have not seen him around before. Anyhow I thought that was pretty good. You can bet when I have grandkids I will be checking locales!
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1755 on: February 18, 2009, 01:51:04 AM »

did the dogs not follow scent to monroe???

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #1756 on: February 18, 2009, 04:15:01 AM »

Hi Searching, as far as I know, they stopped at the docks by the water.  Unless there was another search, I didn't read about.

Hugs, Magic

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1757 on: February 18, 2009, 04:45:40 AM »

Hi Searching, as far as I know, they stopped at the docks by the water.  Unless there was another search, I didn't read about.

Hugs, Magic

IIRC it was in the police report,where they went down the trail ??? and to monroe and back around something like that and ended at the tracks..

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1758 on: February 18, 2009, 04:55:34 AM »

Found it after a bit of searching.. funny the path goes pretty much in a circle onto a street an RSO lives on and then to the tracks to a dead end so to speak...

Police initiateda track beginning at the back door and down a wooded path, as we travelled down the wooded path, we located what appeared to be asmall child's footprint in the dirt. It should be noted that Ronald said Haleigh's shoes were still located inside the residence. The track lead up to a small pond and then back to the railroad crossing. At the last residence on the right side of the Green Drive was a small building with a door which had been left open. I entered the building but found no one insire

The track then continued past the north residence, where police made a left turn on Monroe Avenue. We made another left onto Buchan Circle, which we followed in a loop back to Monroe Avenue. We then made a left onto Tyler Street, and travelled past 116 Tyler, which is a location where Misty stated she had walked with Haleigh in the past. We then made a right turn on BUffalo Bluff Road to the railroad crossing, where we found were forced to end the track, because the canonwas unable to follow it any further.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1759 on: February 18, 2009, 04:58:04 AM »

Found it after a bit of searching.. funny the path goes pretty much in a circle onto a street an RSO lives on and then to the tracks to a dead end so to speak...

Police initiateda track beginning at the back door and down a wooded path, as we travelled down the wooded path, we located what appeared to be asmall child's footprint in the dirt. It should be noted that Ronald said Haleigh's shoes were still located inside the residence. The track lead up to a small pond and then back to the railroad crossing. At the last residence on the right side of the Green Drive was a small building with a door which had been left open. I entered the building but found no one insire

The track then continued past the north residence, where police made a left turn on Monroe Avenue. We made another left onto Buchan Circle, which we followed in a loop back to Monroe Avenue. We then made a left onto Tyler Street, and travelled past 116 Tyler, which is a location where Misty stated she had walked with Haleigh in the past. We then made a right turn on BUffalo Bluff Road to the railroad crossing, where we found were forced to end the track, because the canonwas unable to follow it any further.

Self edit.. hit the post button to soon forgot to highlight the second part..you know,where the dog looped BACK to monroe..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.