April 25, 2024, 08:53:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649527 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1780 on: February 18, 2009, 02:38:33 PM »

So that girlfriend may well have been away when Haleigh disappeared.  She might or might not have been involved.  I think she knows she could be charged with some sort of child neglect or endangerment and so is not talking.

Maybe they could offer her some sort of deal to tell the truth if she was away when this child vanished?  At least it might get some more information to work with.

Maybe~but IMO that still makes her culpable of obstruction of justice and frustrating an investigation, lying to officers etc. If she was away, she should be charged and for these, but worse than that was lying to the officers if she was gone and wasting 8 days, yet still can't make up her mind what really happened Even IF she cooperates at this point, it's a day late and a dollar short in my opinion. In abduction cases minutes matter, we are past a week.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1781 on: February 18, 2009, 02:39:54 PM »

wow! that was very helpful and a lot of work on your part..thank you for that...
My goodness, I don't know what to think...have to let all of this digest..

Thanks cookie!  Yeah, it's a lot of info.  Good to have all in one place tho.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
KC
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1782 on: February 18, 2009, 02:45:09 PM »

Another question...because Misty is a minor, would LE have more latitude in offering her immunity/or other for the obstruction charges if she has obstructed.  No doubt she's told really conflicting details, but she does not seem mentally engaged in interviews.  Sorry if this has been addressed/answered, but why wasn't Misty living with her parents?  Who let's their 17 yr old daughter live with a man with 2 kids?  So messed up.  If Misty was involved in some way, I can't picture her having the ability to cover all her tracks...she does not strike me as street wise like Casey.  And can Misty be charged with neglect when (a) they aren't her kids and (b) she's a minor?  For example, if she was just a negligent teen babysitter, rather than a day care center or something...would she be charged for leaving the kids?  She certainly would not have researched SO's in the area. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1783 on: February 18, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »

I'm confused.  Misty, in the police report, says that she got up to get a drink of water.  Then she tells Greta and co that she got up to use the bathroom and noticed the light on/door open after using the loo, then says that she never made it there, then says that it was Haleigh who got up to use the bathroom and when she didn't come back is when Misty noticed the light/door open.  And, why at first did both father and gf and bio mom say that Haleigh wasn't the type to wander off when she had done it before and was found in the creek?  I'm sure there are more inconsistencies, and wish there was a summary of them somewhere.  Tried to register with WS, but can't...read about some drama that you can't register there if you belong to other sleuthing sites.  Didn't know if SM was one of them?  Whatever, they have good information in the public threads, but I'd sure like to know what is happening on the members only threads. 

It IS confusing, KC.  Misty has (at last count) five different versions of what happened when she supposedly woke up and found Haleigh gone. 

About WS, I'm not a member there and cannot see their member only threads either, but would sure like to.     It is hard to register with them, yet don't think that's because someone is a member at another forum.  I think it has to do with the fact that WS doesn't allow registration with a yahoo, hotmail, msn, gmail etc email addy, guess they want private email accounts for registration.  I know there are some members here who are members there, under different nics, but still.  Am guessing they don't care about that much or don't check.  They do seem to have mods who issue punishments regularly tho, such as 'timeouts' etc. 

I'm glad our mods don't have to do stuff like that, there's not much need for it over here.  Our monkeys tend to mind our monkey manners.  (except for when we see there's no mod around and we jump on the beds).  heh   

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1784 on: February 18, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »

It IS confusing, KC.  Misty has (at last count) five different versions of what happened when she supposedly woke up and found Haleigh gone. 

About WS, I'm not a member there and cannot see their member only threads either, but would sure like to.     It is hard to register with them, yet don't think that's because someone is a member at another forum.  I think it has to do with the fact that WS doesn't allow registration with a yahoo, hotmail, msn, gmail etc email addy, guess they want private email accounts for registration.  I know there are some members here who are members there, under different nics, but still.  Am guessing they don't care about that much or don't check.  They do seem to have mods who issue punishments regularly tho, such as 'timeouts' etc. 

I'm glad our mods don't have to do stuff like that, there's not much need for it over here.  Our monkeys tend to mind our monkey manners.  (except for when we see there's no mod around and we jump on the beds).  heh   

LMAO Why do you think people have a different name here and there?  The famous and not so famous here have different nicks there.  Sometimes writing style outs them LMAO.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1785 on: February 18, 2009, 03:23:13 PM »

LMAO Why do you think people have a different name here and there?  The famous and not so famous here have different nicks there.  Sometimes writing style outs them LMAO.

My guess for the different nics is so that they won't be found out by the higher ups there, just in case that forum doesn't like forum-hoppers or something.  And yeah, lol, I've wondered on a few by writing styles.  Identical avatars with diff nics outs a few... 

alwayz-wondering
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1786 on: February 18, 2009, 03:41:59 PM »

My guess for the different nics is so that they won't be found out by the higher ups there, just in case that forum doesn't like forum-hoppers or something.  And yeah, lol, I've wondered on a few by writing styles.  Identical avatars with diff nics outs a few... 

hey my long lost friend, Wyks .  I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack 
I just got on here and cant figure out if anyone knows anything about the dad and bio mom being called into the police station.  Anyone? Anyone? Or are you gonna make me read thru the last 20 page?

PS I missed my monkey friends ALOT!
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1787 on: February 18, 2009, 03:57:09 PM »

Tim Miller on Dana's show this PM

The Dana Pretzer Show On Scared Monkeys Radio - Listen Live Tonight at 9PM Eastern - Topics include Crime and Forensics, Search and Recovery and Cyber Stalking

Join Dana this week as he welcomes:

Famed forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht, and Dawna Kaufmann, author of “A Question of Murder - Compelling Cases From A Famed Forensic Pathologist Including The Anna Nicole Smith Case“
Texas Equusearch president Tim Miller
Crime reporter, author and radio talk show host Mike McIntyre
Cyber-Stalking expert Alexis Moore
LISTEN LIVE TONIGHT AT 9PM EASTERN

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/02/18/the-dana-pretzer-show-on-scared-monkeys-radio-listen-live-tonight-at-9pm-eastern-topics-include-crime-and-forensics-search-and-recovery-and-cyber-stalking/
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1788 on: February 18, 2009, 04:00:24 PM »

Haleigh's Parents Taken to Sheriff's Office

Live report here:  http://www.firstcoastnews.com/default.aspx
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1789 on: February 18, 2009, 04:07:26 PM »

A vehicle was seized and process, no further information given.

No POI or suspects arrested.

Detectives follow up on leads as received.

No boats out today by LE.

$10,000 reward offered anonymously.

LE is hoping she is still alive and following up as if she is.

CynInOregon
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1790 on: February 18, 2009, 04:17:24 PM »

anyone hear any more on this? 

www.myspace.com/cynthiawalker

In Loving Memory of Our Beautiful Angel Heather and Precious Angel Caylee.
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1791 on: February 18, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »

wow! that was very helpful and a lot of work on your part..thank you for that...

Thanks Wyks -- what you put together is awesome!
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1792 on: February 18, 2009, 04:31:37 PM »

SATSUMA, FL -- The mother, father and grandmother of Haleigh Cummings are at the Putnam County Sheriff's Office right now.

Moments ago, Marie Griffis, Haleigh's grandmother, told First Coast News that deputies had told her to pick up Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and take her to the Sheriff's Office.

Griffis left in a hurry, according to First Coast News Chief Investigative reporter Jackelyn Barnard.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, was taken there by the lead detective in the case.

The flurry of activity came hours after a news conference where investigators announced little except the tip about Misty Croslin not being at the house when Haleigh vanished.

Capt. Dick Schauland said the tip is one of 1,200 under investigation.

Marie Griffis says the family is taking the tip with a grain of salt until detectives can say whether it's valid.

Haleigh Cummings disappeared a week ago from her home in rural Satsuma. Croslin put Haleigh to bed at 8 p.m. Croslin said she went to bed at 10 p.m. and when she woke up around 3 a.m. Haleigh vanished.

Investigators are pushing for tips in the case since they have no clothing description on Haleigh. Call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS if you have any information.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131632&catid=295
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1793 on: February 18, 2009, 05:18:50 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131646&catid=3&GID=ye5sqm9OCgx/ULsBEWOXqoSLduZfvSNOiOGbDQaYycA%3D

$16,000 Reward Offered in Search for Haleigh
Posted By: Dave Wax     Created: 2/18/2009 4:21:29 PM    Updated: 2/18/2009 4:35:49 PM

PALATKA, FL -- With the search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings well into its second week, there is now a substantial reward being offered for information leading to the girl.

An anonymous private donor has pledged a $10,000 reward, the Carole Sund/Carrington Memorial Reward Foundation has offered $5,000, and Crime Stoppers has its standard $1,000 reward offer, so there is a total of $16,000 being offered to help find Haleigh.

Capt. Dick Schauland with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday afternoon that while there isn't any new news or any new information on leads, "Hope is what we've got to live with."

Florida Department of Law Enforcement special Agent Dominick Pape said his department seized one vehicle for evidence, but wouldn't elaborate.

"Sooner or later" the investigation will get the tip it needs to find the little girl, Schauland says.

Admitting that investigators are disappointed, Pape was quick to say they are not discouraged. He says they will keep working until she's found.

Call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS. You will remain anonymous and could receive a cash reward of up to $1,000 if your information leads to an arrest.

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1794 on: February 18, 2009, 05:25:05 PM »

DANA PRETZER TONIGHT:
www.scaredmonkeysradio.com

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1795 on: February 18, 2009, 05:28:52 PM »

hey my long lost friend, Wyks .  I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack 
I just got on here and cant figure out if anyone knows anything about the dad and bio mom being called into the police station.  Anyone? Anyone? Or are you gonna make me read thru the last 20 page?

PS I missed my monkey friends ALOT!

All right!     Soooooooo good to see you back, AW!!   

*seat belts you onto the nearest branch*  there now, can't go disappearing on us again!     We missed you too! 

And yeppers, that news has been coming out over the past few hours.  Weird to me how it seems that LE took the dad, but just asked the mom's grandma to take her there. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1796 on: February 18, 2009, 05:30:49 PM »

Thanks Wyks -- what you put together is awesome!

Awww thanks, Pooky!  Cannot take credit for all of it, cuz it's been a work in progress for awhile now, info added from a whole bunch of folks! 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1797 on: February 18, 2009, 05:34:18 PM »

SATSUMA, FL -- The mother, father and grandmother of Haleigh Cummings are at the Putnam County Sheriff's Office right now.

Moments ago, Marie Griffis, Haleigh's grandmother, told First Coast News that deputies had told her to pick up Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, and take her to the Sheriff's Office.

Griffis left in a hurry, according to First Coast News Chief Investigative reporter Jackelyn Barnard.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, was taken there by the lead detective in the case.

The flurry of activity came hours after a news conference where investigators announced little except the tip about Misty Croslin not being at the house when Haleigh vanished.

Capt. Dick Schauland said the tip is one of 1,200 under investigation.

Marie Griffis says the family is taking the tip with a grain of salt until detectives can say whether it's valid.

Haleigh Cummings disappeared a week ago from her home in rural Satsuma. Croslin put Haleigh to bed at 8 p.m. Croslin said she went to bed at 10 p.m. and when she woke up around 3 a.m. Haleigh vanished.

Investigators are pushing for tips in the case since they have no clothing description on Haleigh. Call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS if you have any information.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131632&catid=295

Soooooooooo... no mention of Misty having to go there as well?  Wonder why that is??   

PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1798 on: February 18, 2009, 06:05:10 PM »

One of Ron's family member reported that Ron had a fight over a gun with a man the day before the abduction.  The gun was found in a ditch and the person he fought with has not been located.  Huh?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131632&catid=295  -- see video on the right side.
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1799 on: February 18, 2009, 06:11:08 PM »

So that girlfriend may well have been away when Haleigh disappeared.  She might or might not have been involved.  I think she knows she could be charged with some sort of child neglect or endangerment and so is not talking.

Maybe they could offer her some sort of deal to tell the truth if she was away when this child vanished?  At least it might get some more information to work with.

Maybe~but IMO that still makes her culpable of obstruction of justice and frustrating an investigation, lying to officers etc. If she was away, she should be charged and for these, but worse than that was lying to the officers if she was gone and wasting 8 days, yet still can't make up her mind what really happened Even IF she cooperates at this point, it's a day late and a dollar short in my opinion. In abduction cases minutes matter, we are past a week.

Elizabeth's Smart's younger sister didn't remember that she recognized Elizabeth's kidnapper until ten months after the kidnapping. I know she had to have been absolutely terrified when it all happened but how do you "forget" that you know your sister's kidnapper? The looney-tune who kidnapped Elizabeth threatened her with, "I'll kill your family" so I wonder if he also threatened the younger sister.

Anyway, when small children disappear, you are right that minutes matter. As I posted before the news came out, I had a funny feeling that the girlfriend had been out partying when she was supposed to be with the kids. I think it's within the realm of possibility that Hayley wandered off on her own and either perished from exposure or was nabbed by a stranger.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.