April 26, 2024, 12:46:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649535 times)
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1920 on: February 20, 2009, 08:13:49 AM »

It sure is taking forever to rule gf out I wish she would just come clean about whatever she is hiding (it could be she was passed out, not home etc), but it is vital that she is honest so they can move forward and don't have to continue to re-interview and polygraph her......time is crucial in finding mssing children and her conflicting stories seem to be tying up much needed investigators.

I sure wish they were able to rule
This gives me a bit of an eerie deja vu feeling re: Casey Anthony not being immediately straightforward and changing her stories and wasting a lot of investigators' time.

I feel sorry for the family, too, but Misty's face just looks waaaaaay too worn out for a 17-yr-old face. She is just a child herself! Her facial expressions and complexion and whole demeanor should not look as old and worn out as they do and I'm not referring to physical fatigue alone which you would expect under the circumstances.

As I previously posted, this "worn-out-ness" of Misty's could easily be explained as the appearance and demeanor of someone who habitually abuses alcohol and other drugs or as the appearance of someone who suffers from habitual abuse and has been cowed into that defeated look.

She was not being her natural self in the 911 call. She was barely responsive to the 911 Operator. I think she was upset and also trying to take direction from the father and deal with the Operator. It sounded like she wasn't sure what story was the correct version to tell so she didn't want to hand out too many details. She may have been afraid of the father's anger. But, her words were not free-flowing. She seemed very guarded. Being emotionally a child herself, that situation may have been overwhelming to her.

If she knows she fell down on the job of taking care of her boyfriend's children, she may be living in terror of the fallout to herself. She wouldn't want to reveal too many details else it lead to the truth which could point some finger of blame at her (either negligence or active participation in Haleigh's fate).

Her self-defense mode reminds me of Casey Anthony but I think it's possible Misty is not a deliberate killer or helped any killer. I think she may just be a contributor by way of her behavior.

I agree with the earlier poster that there ought to be a way this family could have the use of a couple of trailers. Surely, somebody in the area can make a loan of a trailer -- they just sit idle if you're not using them yourself so what's the big deal?

I do not understand nor will I ever understand how someone could look into a face like this and want to hurt a child.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1921 on: February 20, 2009, 08:21:53 AM »

sorry, I am 95 pages behind in reading

Is there a page where the bank acct shown on NG, but for a very quick time?

It was for Haleigh said Bank of America.

To me it is an outrage that a family has to live in a tent when the Anthony's rake in all the money from interviews. However, I would do the same (live in a tent if necessary) to remain close, if in their shoes.

In one night not only did the father, young son, gf loose Haliegh but lost their home also.

I agree and someone needs to take Misty and give her a warm bath and put her to bed for 12 hours.  I watched her this morning on NBC and she is still adamant that she was home and that their was no time lapse when she called 911 and Paternal grandmother was there w/her and said she believes her once again.  IDK. 

That is interesting to me~when she was telling LE who was there, she NEVER menioned paternal grammie, just a/c guy, brother and nephews........hmmmm.

Island I meant she was there for the interview, not at the house the day Haleigh disappeared, sorry for the confusion.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1922 on: February 20, 2009, 08:25:21 AM »

It sure is taking forever to rule gf out I wish she would just come clean about whatever she is hiding (it could be she was passed out, not home etc), but it is vital that she is honest so they can move forward and don't have to continue to re-interview and polygraph her......time is crucial in finding mssing children and her conflicting stories seem to be tying up much needed investigators.

I sure wish they were able to rule
This gives me a bit of an eerie deja vu feeling re: Casey Anthony not being immediately straightforward and changing her stories and wasting a lot of investigators' time.

I feel sorry for the family, too, but Misty's face just looks waaaaaay too worn out for a 17-yr-old face. She is just a child herself! Her facial expressions and complexion and whole demeanor should not look as old and worn out as they do and I'm not referring to physical fatigue alone which you would expect under the circumstances.

As I previously posted, this "worn-out-ness" of Misty's could easily be explained as the appearance and demeanor of someone who habitually abuses alcohol and other drugs or as the appearance of someone who suffers from habitual abuse and has been cowed into that defeated look.

She was not being her natural self in the 911 call. She was barely responsive to the 911 Operator. I think she was upset and also trying to take direction from the father and deal with the Operator. It sounded like she wasn't sure what story was the correct version to tell so she didn't want to hand out too many details. She may have been afraid of the father's anger. But, her words were not free-flowing. She seemed very guarded. Being emotionally a child herself, that situation may have been overwhelming to her.

If she knows she fell down on the job of taking care of her boyfriend's children, she may be living in terror of the fallout to herself. She wouldn't want to reveal too many details else it lead to the truth which could point some finger of blame at her (either negligence or active participation in Haleigh's fate).

Her self-defense mode reminds me of Casey Anthony but I think it's possible Misty is not a deliberate killer or helped any killer. I think she may just be a contributor by way of her behavior.

I agree with the earlier poster that there ought to be a way this family could have the use of a couple of trailers. Surely, somebody in the area can make a loan of a trailer -- they just sit idle if you're not using them yourself so what's the big deal?

I do not understand nor will I ever understand how someone could look into a face like this and want to hurt a child.

O/T, but when I saw Misty's mom and it said she was 39, I was like oh my god, I'm gonna be the big "4-0" this year and geesh, that's scary!!  It really shows a hard life.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1923 on: February 20, 2009, 08:27:33 AM »

Oldie....great post! some very good points made that I  have thought as well

I agree with what you said under Haleigh's picture...so very sad!

also, did you see Misty's mother? .. she also looks very "old" for her age which I suspect is not that old...I thought that she had that defeated look about her as well as Misty did...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1924 on: February 20, 2009, 08:30:19 AM »

fatcat...we must have been posting at the same time....
Yes, the mother does look old for 39! I hadn't realized her age before I read it in your post..a hard life to be sure!

PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1925 on: February 20, 2009, 08:37:34 AM »

Good morning Monkeys -- It looks like some kind soul has donated a camper to get this family out of the elements.

WFTV Viewer Donates Camper To Haleigh's Father

Friday, February 20, 2009 – updated: 7:04 am EST February 20, 2009
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- An Eyewitness News viewer decided to donate a camper to Haleigh's father, who is presently living in a tent, while investigators search for the little girl.

The camper will be arriving Friday for Ronald Cummings to live in. Cummings moved into the tent when his home became a crime scene.

FAMILY MEMBERS LIVING IN TENT DURING SEARCH

Eyewitness News spoke with Haleigh's family Thursday about how they are coping. They are living in a tent, about 15-by-15 (see images). Coolers are full of water and drinks and inside is where the family is living, because their mobile home down the street is still a crime scene.

New information was released Thursday about the pink shirt Haleigh was last reported wearing. Ronald Cummings' grandmother, Annette Sykes, told Eyewitness News earlier this week deputies allowed Misty Croslin back inside the mobile home where Haleigh was abducted.

At a press conference Thursday afternoon, Ronald Cummings pleaded for his daughter's safe return.

NEWS CONFERENCE: Haleigh's Father Speaks
THE TENT: See Images Of Tent Family Is Living In
RAW INTERVIEWS: Haleigh's Mother | Great Grandmother

"Yes, I do have a message for whoever has taken Haleigh. I would ask that you please, please bring my daughter home. She's not yours, not your property. She's not something that you just take and say, 'It's mine.' This is my daughter, this is blood and I would like to have my daughter back please. Please bring my daughter home," he pleaded.

Sykes said the 17-year-old girlfriend found the pink shirt in the home, but the sheriff's office won't confirm where it was found. Meanwhile, the family is still camped out in the neighborhood.

"It's not home, but it's good. I mean it's dry, basically, it's out of the sun," Sykes said.

But on a rainy Thursday in Putnam County, water poured through the cracks of a tent donated by a funeral home. The fire department donated a propane tank to keep them warm on cool nights and the family is taking shifts sleeping on mattresses.

"Waiting on Haleigh to come home. This is as close to the house as we can get really and the gentleman here was nice enough to let us put this up in his yard," Sykes said.

That gentleman is also allowing Haleigh's family to run cable to the tent so they can watch a big, color, flat screen TV. There's also food, drinks, and chairs for guests.

As for the investigation into Haleigh's whereabouts, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office is still following up on more than 1,300leads. Haleigh's great grandmother said she'll be sleeping under the stars until the little girl comes home.

"We'll be right here waiting," she said.

Haleigh's little brother, Junior, is sleeping at a family home about six miles away.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1926 on: February 20, 2009, 08:44:40 AM »

thanks for that news Pooky...at least they will have someplace a little more comfortable while they wait for Haleigh...this has to be torture for them...
big prayer and hugs going their way right now...

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1927 on: February 20, 2009, 08:52:18 AM »

this is scheduled for 8pm EST tonight:

The O'Reilly Factor
Shocking information about Haleigh's Father! Geraldo reveals the truth in a factor investigation.

http://www.foxnews.com/fnctv/

I continue to stand with the girl.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1928 on: February 20, 2009, 09:04:30 AM »

The O'Reilly Factor
Shocking information about Haleigh's Father! Geraldo reveals the truth in a factor investigation.

So if Geraldo is involved must be shocking stuff like his highshool yearbook photo? 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1929 on: February 20, 2009, 09:05:05 AM »

Not sure if this has been put up yet.

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- An Eyewitness News viewer decided to donate a camper to Haleigh's father, who is presently living in a tent, while investigators search for the little girl.The camper will be arriving Friday for Ronald Cummings to live in. Cummings moved into the tent when his home became a crime scene. ...

http://www.wftv.com/news/18757422/detail.html#-

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1930 on: February 20, 2009, 09:09:17 AM »

Good morning Monkeys -- It looks like some kind soul has donated a camper to get this family out of the elements.

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- An Eyewitness News viewer decided to donate a camper to Haleigh's father, who is presently living in a tent, while investigators search for the little girl.

The camper will be arriving Friday for Ronald Cummings to live in. Cummings moved into the tent when his home became a crime scene.

FAMILY MEMBERS LIVING IN TENT DURING SEARCH

Eyewitness News spoke with Haleigh's family Thursday about how they are coping. They are living in a tent, about 15-by-15 (see images). Coolers are full of water and drinks and inside is where the family is living, because their mobile home down the street is still a crime scene.

New information was released Thursday about the pink shirt Haleigh was last reported wearing. Ronald Cummings' grandmother, Annette Sykes, told Eyewitness News earlier this week deputies allowed Misty Croslin back inside the mobile home where Haleigh was abducted.

At a press conference Thursday afternoon, Ronald Cummings pleaded for his daughter's safe return.

NEWS CONFERENCE: Haleigh's Father Speaks
THE TENT: See Images Of Tent Family Is Living In
RAW INTERVIEWS: Haleigh's Mother | Great Grandmother

"Yes, I do have a message for whoever has taken Haleigh. I would ask that you please, please bring my daughter home. She's not yours, not your property. She's not something that you just take and say, 'It's mine.' This is my daughter, this is blood and I would like to have my daughter back please. Please bring my daughter home," he pleaded.

Sykes said the 17-year-old girlfriend found the pink shirt in the home, but the sheriff's office won't confirm where it was found. Meanwhile, the family is still camped out in the neighborhood.

"It's not home, but it's good. I mean it's dry, basically, it's out of the sun," Sykes said.

But on a rainy Thursday in Putnam County, water poured through the cracks of a tent donated by a funeral home. The fire department donated a propane tank to keep them warm on cool nights and the family is taking shifts sleeping on mattresses.

"Waiting on Haleigh to come home. This is as close to the house as we can get really and the gentleman here was nice enough to let us put this up in his yard," Sykes said.

That gentleman is also allowing Haleigh's family to run cable to the tent so they can watch a big, color, flat screen TV. There's also food, drinks, and chairs for guests.

As for the investigation into Haleigh's whereabouts, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office is still following up on more than 1,300leads. Haleigh's great grandmother said she'll be sleeping under the stars until the little girl comes home.

"We'll be right here waiting," she said.

Haleigh's little brother, Junior, is sleeping at a family home about six miles away.

I think that's great~I pray someone will do the same for Crystal-bio mom, and that she is able to rec'v financial help also. The press conference yesterday with RC was vague as to who will get these funds because the funeral home rep mentioned only Ron's bills, so I hope someone will do at least as much for Crystal.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1931 on: February 20, 2009, 09:20:45 AM »

I hope that Geraldo does not reveal things about the father that would serve no useful purpose about Haleigh's disappearance...this family is going through a lot right now and really don;t need to be beat up any more in my opinion...
Haven't we all done things in our past, especially when we were young and foolish, that we would not want broadcast on tv especially when we have a child missing? All of the energy should be going into what is happening to Haleigh and to bring her home....Perhaps some of these things happened when Ron was a few years younger and he has straightened out now?
He is still a young man with a lot of responsibility and it seems that he is trying to do the best that he can with what he has been given....as far as working to support his family and to provide...by all accounts that I have seen, he loves his daughter ...that and getting her found should be the focus for news persons I think

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1932 on: February 20, 2009, 09:26:03 AM »

The O'Reilly Factor

I only posted the information. I'm not a big Geraldo fan but I also made no comment on it. I just hope they find Haleigh.

So if Geraldo is involved must be shocking stuff like his highshool yearbook photo? 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1933 on: February 20, 2009, 09:27:25 AM »

The O'Reilly Factor

I only posted the information. I'm not a big Geraldo fan but I also made no comment on it. I just hope they find Haleigh.

oops messed that post up

I only posted the information. I'm not a big Geraldo fan but I also made no comment on it. I just hope they find Haleigh. this was my response

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1934 on: February 20, 2009, 09:29:19 AM »

Girlfriend's Cousin Under Investigation In Haleigh Case
http://www.wftv.com/news/18757844/detail.html#-

Friday, February 20, 2009 – updated: 8:46 am EST February 20, 2009
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sherriff's Office says that the FBI is investigating Misty Croslin's cousin.Eyewitness News learned Thursday, that Misty Croslin's cousin was in town the night Haleigh disappeared. There are questions about what role he may have played in the disappearance. After the little girl vanished, he took off to Tennessee.WFTV reporter Mark Boyle briefly spoke with Misty Croslin about her cousin.RAW VIDEO: Misty Croslin Talks To WFTV"You said you don't trust him, why?" asked Boyle."I just don't trust him,"

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1935 on: February 20, 2009, 09:29:49 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29284055/

ok supposedly now Granny did see them that night at 7 eating dinner on the porch, read more comments about Misty and her care of the children.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1936 on: February 20, 2009, 09:31:08 AM »

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sherriff's Office says that the FBI is investigating Misty Croslin's cousin.Eyewitness News learned Thursday, that Misty Croslin's cousin was in town the night Haleigh disappeared. There are questions about what role he may have played in the disappearance. After the little girl vanished, he took off to Tennessee.WFTV reporter Mark Boyle briefly spoke with Misty Croslin about her cousin.RAW VIDEO: Misty Croslin Talks To WFTV"You said you don't trust him, why?" asked Boyle."I just don't trust him,"

Updated again..

Friday, February 20, 2009 – updated: 9:25 am EST February 20, 2009
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sherriff's Office says that the FBI is investigating Misty Croslin's cousin.

Eyewitness News learned Thursday, that Misty Croslin's cousin, known as "Joe" was in town the night Haleigh disappeared. There are questions about what role he may have played in the disappearance. After the little girl vanished, he took off to Tennessee.

WFTV reporter Mark Boyle briefly spoke with Misty Croslin about her cousin.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1937 on: February 20, 2009, 09:32:29 AM »

Updated again..

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sherriff's Office says that the FBI is investigating Misty Croslin's cousin.

Eyewitness News learned Thursday, that Misty Croslin's cousin, known as "Joe" was in town the night Haleigh disappeared. There are questions about what role he may have played in the disappearance. After the little girl vanished, he took off to Tennessee.

I have a real bad feeling about this. 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1938 on: February 20, 2009, 09:33:15 AM »

Haleigh's Great-Grandmother Speaks Out, Defends Croslin

A day after detectives said they were following up on a tip that Croslin may not have been at home when Haleigh disappeared, the 5-year-old's great-grandmother, Annett Sykes, said she doesn't believe the tip at all.

Sykes said there is no way Croslin wasn’t home the night Haleigh went missing.

"That's a crock. I went by the house that night. She fed them. She bathed them. Every morning when Haleigh went out to go to school, she looked like she just stepped out of a beauty shop," Sykes said. "Y'all don't know her. Those children love her, and she loves them. I know everybody makes a big deal that she's only 17, and that's true, but she's a lot more mature than a lot of people that I've seen and that I know who are 25 and 30."

Police said they received a tip that Croslin was out instead of home with Haleigh and her 3-year-old brother last Monday night. However, Sykes said that tipster was wrong.

"We have heard rumor after rumor after rumor that has scared the daylights out of us, and it was absolutely nothing but a rumor," Sykes said.

She said she last saw Haleigh outside on the porch eating dinner at 7 p.m. on Monday.

"Her and Junior were sitting up there with a plate in their lap and eating. When we drove up they hollered, 'Hey Granny. Hey Granny,' like they always do," Sykes said.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1939 on: February 20, 2009, 09:34:44 AM »

Updated again..

I have a real bad feeling about this. 

Wonder where he lives and/or friends are....in Tennessee or just driving threw..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.