March 28, 2024, 12:15:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 647474 times)
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/our_programs/live_special

Live presser

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 02:20:43 PM »

Darn it...I couldn't get it to play.  Can you summarize when its done?  TIA.

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 02:36:07 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-missing-florida-girl-021109,0,947501.story

Grandmother of missing girl: 'Just bring her back'
Helen Eckinger and Gary Taylor

Sentinel Staff Writer

2:09 PM EST, February 11, 2009

SATSUMA -- Five-year-old Haleigh Cummings is afraid of the dark and would not have wandered off into the night, her family told the Orlando Sentinel today as investigators stepped up a massive search for the Putnam County girl.

Haleigh, who is nicknamed Doodlebug, lives with her father and his girlfriend in this rural county about 80 miles north of Orlando. Her father, Ronald Cummings, 25, put Haleigh to bed about 10 p.m. Monday before he left for work. His 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, found Haleigh missing about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.

"Haleigh is a very indoor-type child," Haleigh's maternal grandmother, Marie Griffis, said today. "If she goes outside, she wants you to be with her -- she would never go outside by herself in the dark."

Griffis said that Haleigh is bright, and loves drawing, makeup, and playing with gadgets. She said that if someone has abducted Haleigh, she hopes the person will release the girl.

"Just bring her back," Griffis said. "There are plenty of places you can drop off a kid, no questions asked."

The girl's disappearance has not been classified as an abduction.

Det. John Merchant of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said that a screen door on the side of the couple's Satsuma home had been propped open with a block, but they found no obvious signs of forced entry.

"I just woke up and my back door is open and I can't find my daughter," Croslin told a 911 dispatcher. She told the dispatcher she had been sleeping and the door was not open when she went to sleep.

Merchant said that 44 sex offenders live in a 5-mile radius of Cummings' home, but that all have been contacted by law enforcement since Haleigh went missing.

"Right now, we don't have a lot of clues indicating where she's at," Merchant said. "I'm always positive, though – we want to find her alive."

In addition to Putnam County deputies, officers from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Volusia, Marion, and Flagler Sheriff's Offices are searching for Haleigh.

Search dogs are combing through woods in the area, and divers are searching the nearby St. Johns River. In the 911 call originally placed by Croslin, Haleigh's father told officials he needed their help immediately.

"I just got home from work and my 5-year-old daughter is gone," he said, seeming to become more agitated as the call progressed. "I need somebody to be here now, I'm telling you.

"If I find whoever has my daughter before you do, I'm killing them," he said. "I don't care if I have to spend the rest of my life in prison."

He apparently hung up on the dispatcher, who when placed a call back to the residence, trying to get additional information from Croslin, while constantly assuring her that deputies were on the way.

Joshua Duckett, father of missing Lake County toddler Trenton Duckett, said he was acting as a family spokesman and would try to find additional photos of Haleigh to help with the search.

Meanwhile, a volunteer group out of Houston that helped look for Caylee Marie Anthony in Orlando last year said it is gearing up to help in the search for Haleigh. Caylee's remains were found in December and her public memorial was Tuesday.

Tim Miller, the founder of Texas EquuSearch, said his organization has been in contact with Putnam County officials. Some volunteers may drive and others may fly to Florida today or tomorrow, he said.

"It's pretty ironic. We have another child disappear seven hours before Caylee's memorial," he said.

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla is joining the ranks headed for Putnam County. He and his crew - including bounty hunter Rob Dick - plan to drive 80 miles north where the command center has been set up to search for the missing girl.

Padilla said he's going to see what's happening up there and will help out if needed.

Anyone with information about Haleigh's whereabouts is asked to contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0808.

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 02:37:48 PM »

I missed some of it, 

Sheriff said family is cooperating.

They are getting leads.

Bedding has been removed from home.

Water searches being conducted.

There will be another presser around 7 pm.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 02:39:01 PM »

911 call

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-911-call-haleigh-cummings-mp3,0,6010039.mp3file

Father and Grandmother

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 03:00:43 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131087&catid=3

Family Releases New Pictures of Haleigh Cummings

SATSUMA, FL -- The family of Haleigh Cummings has put out new images of the little girl, hoping someone sees her and brings her home safely.

The-five-year old girl has been missing since early Tuesday.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office says everyone is being treated as a suspect, including Haleigh's family. The family is cooperating with investigators.

The 17-year-old girl in the home at the time of Hayleigh's disappearance has been questioned by investigators and is with her family. The teen is the girlfriend of Haylee's father.

Call 911 if you know where Hayleigh Cummings is.

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 03:01:09 PM »

I missed some of it, 

They are getting leads.

Thank you.

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 03:07:27 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131065&catid=3

Search for Haleigh: Case Treated as an Abduction
Posted By: Gary Detman     Created: 2/11/2009 8:40:41 AM    Updated: 2/11/2009 2:35:49 PM

SATSUMA, FL -- The disappearance of a 5-year-old girl is now being treated as an abduction, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said in a news conference Wednesday afternoon.

Spokesman Major Gary Bowling says detectives are putting together a "dense timeline" to get a picture of where Haleigh Cummings was in the thirty hours prior to her disappearance, and stretching the timeline through the last thirty days.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office says everyone is being looked at as a suspect. "We have not excluded the world," said Bowling. "The family is very much working with us," he added.

Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her father's home in Satsuma sometime between Monday night and early Tuesday morning, wearing only a pink shirt and underwear.

Her father, Ronald Cummings, came home from work and discovered her missing. Haleigh had been sleeping with her father's girlfriend and her younger brother when she disappeared.

SEARCH FOR HALEIGH: THE 911 CALL

Mr. Cummings told First Coast News he found signs of forced entry. Haleigh's grandmother, Marie Griffis, said the door had been propped open by a brick, which authorities later identified as a cinder block.

There are more than 25 different law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, assisting with the search which is now in its second full day.

SEARCH FOR HALEIGH: INVESTIGATORS OUT AT NIGHT

Authorities are using boats to comb the St. Johns River and all the waterways connected to it. Bloodhounds are being walked through the woods and fields around Haleigh's home.

Investigators say every square inch has been searched, and will be searched again.

Investigators are also talking with Haleigh's neighbors and her family again to see if they saw or heard anything.

The 44 sexual offenders and predators who live within five miles of the little girl's home are also being questioned.

SEARCH THE FDLE SEX OFFENDER DATABASE

Investigators on Wednesday said they're retracing their steps, and going back over evidence and making more phone calls.

Right now, authorities say they do not need any volunteers.

Investigators have also asked the family of Haleigh Cummings not to help with the search in an effort to preserve any potential evidence.

Call 911 if you know where Haleigh is or call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS. You'll remain anonymous and could receive a cash reward of up to $1,000 if your information leads to an arrest.

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 03:08:22 PM »

I missed some of it, 

They are getting leads.

Thank you.

Your welcome

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 03:51:45 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/0211095_Police_missing_girl_abducted

Padilla offers reward
for abducted girl
Last Edited: Wednesday, 11 Feb 2009, 3:30 PM EST
Created On: Wednesday, 11 Feb 2009, 10:39 AM EST

SATSUMA, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) - Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter who for several months in 2008 had been engaged in the search for Orlando toddler Caylee Marie Anthony, is now offering a $25,000 reward for the safe return of another missing girl.

A Florida Amber Alert has been issued for five year old Haleigh Cummings, of Satsuma, believed to have been abducted in the early morning hours of Tuesday.

On Wednesday, agents from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Putnam County Sheriff's Office resumed their search for the missing girl in an area about 70 miles north of Orlando. Investigators searched house-to-house and dive teams probed the St. Johns River.

According to investigators, Haleigh was last seen on Monday night around 10 p.m. in her mobile home on Green Lane. Haleigh, her younger brother and her father's 17-year-old girlfriend, Mistie Croslin, went to bed in the same room. Deputies say Croslin told them that the little girl got up to go to the bathroom around 3:30 a.m., about the same time Haleigh's father, Ronald, got home from work. When they went back into the bedroom they discovered Haleigh was gone.

Last night Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, cried in front of the news cameras. "I just want to say, bring her back home. Please!" Haleigh's father says his daughter was afraid of the dark and wouldn't wander off by herself. "Somebody stole my child, trust me when I tell you that I know my child," he said.

Family members spent the night at a candlelight vigil. They say they will continue the vigil until Haleigh returns home.

Initially, investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said it was not clear if Haleigh was abducted or wandered out into the rural neighborhood that borders the St. Johns River. They said the mobile home where she lives had no signs of forced entry, but a back door was open.

"We go door to door. We meet with the homeowners and ask if they mind if we go look around," said Lt. Johnny Greenwood, a spokesman for the sheriff's office. "You ask if you can look in the back of the house, at the sheds and anything that's around there."

Investigators say Croslin is now with her family. They are not calling her a suspect at this time.

Haleigh's grandfather, Johnny Sheffield, told FOX 35 on Wednesday that he was distraught over the disappearance of his granddaughter. He questioned Croslin's involvement in his granddaughter's disappearance.

Haleigh's grandmother, Marie Griffis, was also pleading to the public for help. Griffis told FOX 35 that the father of Trenton Ducket, the missing Lake County toddler who disappeared in 2006, was also assisting in the search. Indeed, Josh Ducket arrived on Wednesday to volunteer in the search efforts. Also present was Leonard Padilla. Padilla said the $25,000 reward would be honored if the girl is recoverd safely within 72 hours of her disappearance. Though both Ducket and Padilla have offered their assistance, Gary Bowling, a spokesperson for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said officials are not actively seeking help from volunteers at present time.

Twenty five law enforcement agencies have assisted so far, including crews from Marion, Flagler and Volusia counties. Deputies say they have questioned 44 sex offenders who live within five miles of Haleigh's home. "This child didn't voluntarily walk out of her home. If she did someone took her," Bowling said.

Several hundred homes were expected to be surveyed on Wednedsay. Check points were set up at the entrance to the neighborhood to search departing vehicles and two dive teams explored the St. Johns River. Neighbors and family members also were being interviewed by detectives.

"We're currently working both angles _ did she wander off, we're working it that way with the searches," Greenwood said. "And investigators are doing interviews in case it is an abduction."

Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings is 5-years-old. She is 3 feet tall, weighs 39 lbs, has blonde hair and brown eyes. She was last seen on Green Lane in the Hermit's Cove area of Satsuma. She was wearing a pink shirt and underwear. Anyone with information should call the Putnam County Sheriffs Office at 386-329-0808.

Copyright AP Modified, Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 04:33:05 PM »

Video of the presser today.

http://www.wesh.com/video/18692416/index.html

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 04:41:55 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131094&catid=3

Caylee Search Team from Texas Heading to Putnam County

Posted By: Erich Spivey     Created: 2/11/2009 3:09:06 PM    Updated: 2/11/2009 4:03:37 PM

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Texas EquuSearch will be helping investigators look for missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings.

The group also helped search for missing Orlando girl Caylee Anthony last year.

Barbie Tarr, a spokesperson for the group, says Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller is flying from Texas to Florida today and should arrive tonight in Putnam County.
The group's mobile command center is driving to Florida tonight and should be available tomorrow. The group is bringing ATVs, sonar equipment and other technology to help search.

Tarr says they have 100 volunteers on standby in Florida. She says Putnam County reached out to Miller to help expand their search.

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 04:44:25 PM »

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090211/ARTICLES/902110939/-1/NEWS05?Title=Haleigh_s_mom___It_s_tearing_me_apart_

Haleigh's mom: 'It's tearing me apart'

By Christopher Curry
Staff Writer

Published: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 1:46 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 1:46 p.m.

Haleigh Cummings' mother - Crystal Sheffield, 23, of Baker County - was clutching a framed school picture of her daughter Wednesday afternoon as she issued a desperate plea.

"I just want whoever has her to bring her home, drop her off somewhere," Sheffield said as she fought back tears. "I just don't know who could have done this. It's tearing me apart. Whoever did this is wrong. ... They hurt a lot of people."

She said Haleigh is a "wonderful child" who acts very motherly toward her brother, Ronald Cummings Jr., who is 2. She also liked computers, purses and phones.

Sheffield said she has custody of the children every other weekend and is scheduled to pick them up on Friday. She said she thinks the child was taken and would not have wandered off on her own. She has spoken to Haleigh's father.

"He's tore up. He blames himself for it, because if he would have been at home it wouldn't have happened."

Sheffield said she doesn't know Cummings' girlfriend, but from what she heard she always treated the children well.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 04:44:53 PM »

I do not ever want to say this -

When a child is missing, lost - My heart breaks into a million pieces every time I hear and or read a child is missing - or is hurt in any way.

I watched the video of Haleigh's Father

My personal opinion

I am scared for her. He even rocked that his daughter is missing .... I am sorry and God Forgive me if I am wrong. He is not right. Something is wrong with him. Something is not right. 

God Bless You Baby ~ I pray your Found.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 05:03:24 PM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/0211095_Police_missing_girl_abducted

Padilla offers reward
for abducted girl
Last Edited: Wednesday, 11 Feb 2009, 3:30 PM EST
Created On: Wednesday, 11 Feb 2009, 10:39 AM EST

SNIPPED

I remember in the beginning with Caylee that Leonard said bounty hunters would be a could resource for finding missing children.  Not just for a reward, but they way of tracking people and getting inside people's heads.

I know Leonard isn't popular, but if he can do anything to help missing children, then as far as I am concerned God bless him
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 05:22:21 PM »

Ospainter

Thank you so much for staying on top of this. I appreciate the articles and the links.

I sure hope they find this poor baby soon.
Treehouse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2009, 05:29:09 PM »

Haleigh Ann-Marie   ...  Caylee Marie 

This is eerie. Two little girls with similar names from Central Florida.

Lord, please bring Haleigh home safely. Give strength and guidance to TES and LE. Bless the children.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 05:37:20 PM »

Padilla will bring some publicity forward to the public. That is a good thing.
Time passing is the worst enemy in these cases.
I want this girl found safe also. I will pray, but it doesn't seem to be working recently.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 05:44:38 PM »

Padilla will bring some publicity forward to the public. That is a good thing.
Time passing is the worst enemy in these cases.
I want this girl found safe also. I will pray, but it doesn't seem to be working recently.

Keep Praying Kat_Gram ... 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2009, 05:48:50 PM »

Was up most of the night worrying about this beautiful little girl.

LE said in News conference that some have taken polys. That should help them rule out some.

Glad LP offered the reward, hope he goes to site and helps in anyway he can.

Especially thankful that Tim and TES has been called in.

I hope NG and Greta will follow this until Haleigh is found.

I did find Myspace for Misty (gf) has not logged in since Sept 08.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=412920159 

Last Login: 9/12/2008

Crystal (mother) Crystal: http://www.myspace.com/crystalsheffield

Last Login: 2/11/2009 (someone was logged on while I was there.

Marie Crystal's mother: http://www.myspace.com/luckylady1207

43 / Female
GLEN SAINT MARY, Florida, US
Last Login: 2/9/2009

Time is passing...Where is Haleigh..Please bring her home..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.