April 26, 2024, 04:23:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649546 times)
Anninflorida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #500 on: February 13, 2009, 01:34:44 PM »

So, now they're reporting that Haleigh got up to go to the bathroom...not the girlfriend??? If the GF was asleep, how does she know Haleigh got up to go to the bathroom???  Either lots of stories changing here or big errors by the media.  I'm still amazed at the name similarity...Haleigh Marie and Caylee Marie??? What are the odds???
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: February 13, 2009, 01:35:43 PM »

Even if a young child is afraid of the dark, I would think they would also be afraid of waking up alone in a house. If a door were open, wouldn't they assume that an adult was just outside and maybe go outside to be with them?  I'm thinking that maybe the girlfriend went outside, propped open the door so she could get back in and while she was out, little Haleigh woke up and wandered outside to look for her.

Wasn't it the screen door that was propped open? So there would have been another door to go through before you would open the screen door. She may have propped open the screen door but I am sure she would have shut the other door when she came back in.
That is where I am confused.  There have been 2 types of doors mentioned thus far and no clarification as to which was doing what.

The father said that the back door has a deadbolt lock on it up high enough that Hayliegh cannot reach it AND that it's real hard to lock/unlock as you have to really lean on it make the lock work. 

Now...we also heard that there's no evidence of a "break-in". 

About two years ago, it was all over the internet how even a child could open a door lock within seconds, even deadbolts.  Only a certain type deadbolt was not susceptible to being opened. My husband and I changed all our deadbolt locks at that time because it was scary how easy a home could be entered without any evidence of a break-in.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #502 on: February 13, 2009, 01:36:37 PM »

http://www.wpbf.com/news/18709184/detail.html

No New Clues Found In Missing Girl Search
Family Holds Onto Hope At Vigils

POSTED: 12:43 pm EST February 13, 2009
UPDATED: 12:47 pm EST February 13, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Despite an intense search of a five-mile area around the home of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings using helicopters, boats and ground teams on Thursday, investigators found no new clues in the search for the Putnam County girl.

Haleigh's father, Johnny Sheffield, wears a button at a recent vigil.

her dad is ronnie cummings isnt he? why are they all so sloppy in what they put out there, its so annoying.

Hmm when I was listening to NG last night - I remember that when NG said this is Mother and maternal Grandmother  - Crystal and Grandma had two different last names.
And I do recall Crystal's last name Sheffield. But Grandma had a different last name.
I think that Johnny is Grandpa isnt he?

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: February 13, 2009, 01:37:52 PM »

yikes.. I see big problems.. her affect is way off.. sometimes flat, sometimes defiant looking.. they better be looking at her REALLY good.. I am not feeling the love for her AT ALL 

I'm going back to what I said last night.  If it were me/my husband who'd "lost" our child,  we wouldn't be hanging out for interviews or lollygagging in a tent or otherwhere.  We would have gone nuts looking for her, and like a poster mentioned earlier re. the lost child on the beach, our screaming our childs name would have continued until our voices gave out and we collapsed from exhaustion.

Its too heartbreaking to even imagine...so that's why "affect" and these ridiculous interviews tick me off to no end...and certainly color my opinions. 

A picture does tell a thousand words (I think).

Foggy

I am not exaclty sure what you mean, Foggy, but my mentioning the 17 yr olds "affect" was mentioned purely from a psych point of view. I am a trained pysch nurse with experience in evaluating people as they present themselves. Notice I have said nothing about the dad. He presented as appropriate to the circumstance.. She DID NOT..why are you ticked off? If I ticked you off, I am certainly sorry, but it is moo 

Flamon, ita with you.  But what irks me (aka ticks me off ) is that the principals are standing around doing interviews when imo they should be out beating the bushes.  That's all. And as re. the 17 y/o, in the couple of interviews I have seen I also found her a bit "off"--whether one refers to her affect, demeanor, attitude etc. doesn't much matter to me.  In one of the interviews I saw a younger version of Susan Smith.  Another interview I saw didn't change that impression so I'm still wary of the 17 y/o.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Back to catching up...

I believe that law enforcement discourages the family from searching.  TES does also.  There are several reasons for this, but one important one is, if the family was involved then they could search the sight were they did something bad and distroy the evidence.  There are other reasons.

Having the media on your side and keeping your child's face before the public is very important.

Yes, I understand keeping attn on the story, and that people are routinely advised against searching because of possibly destroying evidence etc.  Not to sound like a broken record, but my husband and I wouldn't be in front of the cameras.  LE would have to arrest us to prevent us from searching.  A relative or friend could do face time w/the cameras.  I just find it unnatural for parents to sit by just waiting for something to happen. 

Since I have never been in the situation I don't know what I would do.  But I think that I would be so emotionally and physically exhausted that I would do what the LE told me to do.  I think that my mind would be so drained that I would look toward authority figures to guide me.  But as I said I really don't know what I would do.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #504 on: February 13, 2009, 01:38:39 PM »

http://www.wpbf.com/news/18709184/detail.html

No New Clues Found In Missing Girl Search
Family Holds Onto Hope At Vigils

POSTED: 12:43 pm EST February 13, 2009
UPDATED: 12:47 pm EST February 13, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Despite an intense search of a five-mile area around the home of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings using helicopters, boats and ground teams on Thursday, investigators found no new clues in the search for the Putnam County girl.

Haleigh's father, Johnny Sheffield, wears a button at a recent vigil.

her dad is ronnie cummings isnt he? why are they all so sloppy in what they put out there, its so annoying.

Thank you, I didn't catch that. Johnny Sheffield is the gf of Haleigh.

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #505 on: February 13, 2009, 01:39:06 PM »

I watched the videos of Dad, Girlfriend, Grandma, and then on NG last night the interview with Haleigh's Mother and maternal Grandmother.
 I understand that these people who are the Parents of this Baby are Young, *seemingly uneducated * that is my opinion.  No Hate please. (lack of education is a crime of society not a crime of these people)   
These are young people who have young children, trying to their best with what they have. The Dad is working and trying. The 17yr girlfriend I am not so sure of.

I can't understand HOW a 17yr old is to be responsible to raise and be a live in Babysitter and play Mother role ... why is she not in High School? Maybe she is, I do not know.
 Why is she to be held accountable  ? Where are her Parents? Why would they allow Misty to live in this Home of a 24, 25 yr old man and be responsible for his children.
It seems to be way too much for a 17 yr old child to be in that situation in the first place. It has to be overwhelming period for her. Irregardless of all that is happening around her with Haleigh being missing.

Misty is not an Adult - Legally on her own. Seems messed up to me.

My cousin was watching Misty on the News - Misty stating she didnt wake up. My Cousin Piped up and said - Why would she? She is 17 ! she is still growing... My daughters when they were teenagers could sleep all day if you let them. A freight train could come through and they would not wake up.

The DAD  - I have no opinion on. I just think he is a product of his own environment. He seems be trying and doing what he can. I don't know what to think of him. I do not understand the teenage girlfriend aspect - But ... who am I.

The Mother - I watched her on NG last night. She showed no emotions. None. No Fear, no anger, No frustration, No nothing. She seemed numb. No plight of Find MY DAUGHTER...the only time she showed any emotion was when she had to answer NG about " Custody". The Maternal Grandma - No emotion either. Was if they both were Scared to be on Camera. That's what I saw from the onset when NG's camera show their faces - FEAR of being on the Camera. I saw within the face of Mom a slight smirk being held back when NG announced her name Live is Mother of Haleleigh ..that the Mom was trying not to smile. Maybe it was her being nervous.

If My Baby was Missing - I would not be Nervous - I would be screaming for Help.

The other thing that I noticed was The Mother stating to NG that Dad's Mom was the first to contact her that Haleigh was missing - at 3:49 am. That she called her and said Haleleigh is Missing. NG questioned her What was your response.
She said at first I thought it was a prank.

Now Why would it not be LE to first contact the Mother. Nothing wrong with Grandma calling her don't get me wrong. The timing though is strange to me.

Was not the 911 call made at 3:30 am by Misty. I am thinking that the 911 call was of Misty and Dad (both talking to 911)for more than 15 mins ... I would think ... with Dad coming in and having Misty to explain to him - while Misty was on the phone with 911 .... something is not right.

Who Called Dad's Mom ? The Timing is Off. Who called Grandma to Explain the situation In order for Grandma to Get the Facts, Understand it and figure out what the Hell was going on ...  and then Call Crystal and say - Haleleigh is MISSING.

All of this transpired in 19 Mins - ummmmmm  -

Dad's Mom-Grandma Called " Crystal" MOM at 3:49 am. As Crystal said on NG and her Mother seemed to back up the information.

Something is NOT Right

I am praying for Haleigh

I agree with every point, especially the timeline of phone calls to 911, the length and then the calls to Ronald's mom and then to Crystal.....WAY OFF

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: February 13, 2009, 01:40:49 PM »

Even if a young child is afraid of the dark, I would think they would also be afraid of waking up alone in a house. If a door were open, wouldn't they assume that an adult was just outside and maybe go outside to be with them?  I'm thinking that maybe the girlfriend went outside, propped open the door so she could get back in and while she was out, little Haleigh woke up and wandered outside to look for her.

Wasn't it the screen door that was propped open? So there would have been another door to go through before you would open the screen door. She may have propped open the screen door but I am sure she would have shut the other door when she came back in.
That is where I am confused.  There have been 2 types of doors mentioned thus far and no clarification as to which was doing what.

Yes screen door was the one propped open.... so why was the other door "wide open" as well. I CAN see propping the screen, it may squeak and "perp" ( IF there is one) would want that out of his way as he manuvered picking the lock.

If someone entered the home to take the child, I would think they would want both doors open to facilitate ease in removing the child from the home (don't want to bother with and slow down the process by having to open doors...any door).

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #507 on: February 13, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »

Yes screen door was the one propped open.... so why was the other door "wide open" as well. I CAN see propping the screen, it may squeak and "perp" ( IF there is one) would want that out of his way as he manuvered picking the lock.

If someone entered the home to take the child, I would think they would want both doors open to facilitate ease in removing the child from the home (don't want to bother with and slow down the process by having to open doors...any door).

Oh...and...while you could open a door quietly and prop it open and keep quiet, it wouldn't be the same upon leaving with a child in your arms...you would make a noise and potentially wake up someone upon leaving unless you had the doors wide open, propped open so you could quietly escape.

Also, I've been wondering...do you think the gf woke up in the middle of the night because she heard something in her sleep that made her wake up but that by the time she was awake and up that the child was gone...if so, the child could have only been missing for seconds....

Anninflorida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #508 on: February 13, 2009, 01:45:50 PM »

I watched the videos of Dad, Girlfriend, Grandma, and then on NG last night the interview with Haleigh's Mother and maternal Grandmother.
 I understand that these people who are the Parents of this Baby are Young, *seemingly uneducated * that is my opinion.  No Hate please. (lack of education is a crime of society not a crime of these people)   
These are young people who have young children, trying to their best with what they have. The Dad is working and trying. The 17yr girlfriend I am not so sure of.

I can't understand HOW a 17yr old is to be responsible to raise and be a live in Babysitter and play Mother role ... why is she not in High School? Maybe she is, I do not know.
 Why is she to be held accountable  ? Where are her Parents? Why would they allow Misty to live in this Home of a 24, 25 yr old man and be responsible for his children.
It seems to be way too much for a 17 yr old child to be in that situation in the first place. It has to be overwhelming period for her. Irregardless of all that is happening around her with Haleigh being missing.

My cousin was watching Misty on the News - Misty stating she didnt wake up. My Cousin Piped up and said - Why would she? She is 17 ! she is still growing... My daughters when they were teenagers could sleep all day if you let them. A freight train could come through and they would not wake up.

The DAD  - I have no opinion on. I just think he is a product of his own environment. He seems be trying and doing what he can. I don't know what to think of him. I do not understand the teenage girlfriend aspect - But ... who am I.

The Mother - I watched her on NG last night. She showed no emotions. None. No Fear, no anger, No frustration, No nothing. She seemed numb. No plight of Find MY DAUGHTER...the only time she showed any emotion was when she had to answer NG about " Custody". The Maternal Grandma - No emotion either. Was if they both were Scared to be on Camera. That's what I saw from the onset when NG's camera show their faces - FEAR of being on the Camera. I saw within the face of Mom a slight smirk being held back when NG announced her name Live is Mother of Haleleigh ..that the Mom was trying not to smile. Maybe it was her being nervous.

If My Baby was Missing - I would not be Nervous - I would be screaming for Help.

The other thing that I noticed was The Mother stating to NG that Dad's Mom was the first to contact her that Haleigh was missing - at 3:49 am. That she called her and said Haleleigh is Missing. NG questioned her What was your response.

Now Why would it not be LE to first contact the Mother. Nothing wrong with Grandma calling her don't get me wrong. The timing though is strange to me.

Was not the 911 call made at 3:30 am by Misty. I am thinking that the 911 call was of Misty and Dad (both talking to 911)for more than 15 mins ... I would think ... with Dad coming in and having Misty to explain to him - while Misty was on the phone with 911 .... something is not right.

Who Called Dad's Mom ? The Timing is Off. Who called Grandma to Explain the situation In order for Grandma to Get the Facts, Understand it and figure out what the Hell was going on ...  and then Call Crystal and say - Haleleigh is MISSING.

Dad's Mom-Grandma Called " Crystal" MOM at 3:49 am. As Crystal said on NG and her Mother seemed to back up the information.

Something is NOT Right

I am praying for Haleigh

Thanks for working up this timeline. Something isn't adding up here.

I agree with every point, especially the timeline of phone calls to 911, the length and then the calls to Ronald's mom and then to Crystal.....WAY OFF
Anninflorida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #509 on: February 13, 2009, 01:49:47 PM »

Has anyone heard any comments from little Haleigh's teacher?  Teachers are well trained to look for signals from children when there are "problems" in the home and in Florida, they are required, by law, to report them.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #510 on: February 13, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »

Has anyone heard any comments from little Haleigh's teacher?  Teachers are well trained to look for signals from children when there are "problems" in the home and in Florida, they are required, by law, to report them.

Mom said on NG last night that Haleigh had missed a lot of school. That Dad said Mom could not have her due to he would go to Jail if she missed any more days.

That was a topic brought up at the very end of NG - and not talked about further. Just stated.
My ex-fiance who has 3 children. Mom had primary custody. We had them Friday afternoon's till Sunday night - every weekend. MOM was a dead beat and was too Lazy to get the children up in the morning so they could be on the BUS and Attend school. He fought for years to get custody of them. Michigan Mom is golden - its just the way the laws are. Even if she is a lousy mother.
The kids missed so much school it was brought to His/our attention - via letters and Meetings ... yet it never went anywhere. She had to be threatened " GET off Your DEAD ASS " and make sure these Kids attend school.  Simple things that should be - are not always simple.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #511 on: February 13, 2009, 01:57:56 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/orl-bk-missing-florida-girl-haleigh-021309,0,2376704.story

short LE news conference and interview with gm Marie Griffis.

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #512 on: February 13, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »

Things I find strange:

The father insists he made sure the deadbolt was locked.  He probably did.  Does NOT mean that the deadbolt was unlocked by someone after that because the father has to be at work at 3:00 in the afternoon...probably leaves his home around 2:30 in the afternoon.  Being devil's advocate...if you want to parse words...the father could have made sure that the deadbolt was locked and later on unlocked it himself.  Unless he were to say that he made sure the deadbolt was locked the instant before he left for work...well..

The bio mom's actions...not much affect...does seem a little angry/defiant.

The girlfriend's voice...small, whiney, hardly answering, BUT also strong and clear as in when the 9ll operator told her that they weren't to touch the door..the gf clearly stated that to the father.

The girlfriend's manner...small, whiney voice, seemingly crying...but the face and eyes don't match up with the voice.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #513 on: February 13, 2009, 02:00:40 PM »

I thought I heard on one of the Video's that the Back door was never used - by anyone in the family.

A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #514 on: February 13, 2009, 02:01:57 PM »

Have you guys seen this - Fox has webcam live:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/web_cams/mobile_cam_1
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #515 on: February 13, 2009, 02:06:04 PM »

Something is NOT Right

I am praying for Haleigh

The dad did mention on 911 tapes he was calling someone who would help instead of "wasting time on the phone with people who weren't coming" or something to that effect. He probably called his mom from his cell while Misty was on 911.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #516 on: February 13, 2009, 02:06:30 PM »

Things I find strange:

The father insists he made sure the deadbolt was locked.  He probably did.  Does NOT mean that the deadbolt was unlocked by someone after that because the father has to be at work at 3:00 in the afternoon...probably leaves his home around 2:30 in the afternoon.  Being devil's advocate...if you want to parse words...the father could have made sure that the deadbolt was locked and later on unlocked it himself.  Unless he were to say that he made sure the deadbolt was locked the instant before he left for work...well..

The bio mom's actions...not much affect...does seem a little angry/defiant.

The girlfriend's voice...small, whiney, hardly answering, BUT also strong and clear as in when the 9ll operator told her that they weren't to touch the door..the gf clearly stated that to the father.

The girlfriend's manner...small, whiney voice, seemingly crying...but the face and eyes don't match up with the voice.

Makes me wonder what exactly happened after DAD went to work. He has stated he owns a Gun, so he has protection in his Mind -- for himself and family. He would not state it live that he is a gun owner - I would not think if he was not registered to own one. He seems to have had priors with LE in regards to Guns/Hunting etc... I believe its due to his own ignorance ..not of him being dangerous.

When you have very little and strive to keep what you have - and live in the middle of nowhere - I would think that Locking doors would be a priority. Especially with a 17 yr old in charge of your children.

Something does not add up.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #517 on: February 13, 2009, 02:13:49 PM »

Something is NOT Right

I am praying for Haleigh

The dad did mention on 911 tapes he was calling someone who would help instead of "wasting time on the phone with people who weren't coming" or something to that effect. He probably called his mom from his cell while Misty was on 911.
BUT how would one explain the situation in that Time Frame to Grandma - so Grandma would have Clarity of what happened ..for her to assess the situation as an adult and then go and call Crystal and tell her Your Daughter is Missing - in 19 mins.
Does not make any sense - because it seemed that DAD was in hysteria at that point.
How could his MOM assess everything and be capable of calling Crystal - sorry Leslee my anger is not towards you. I am a frustrated Monkey right now ... Gah 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: February 13, 2009, 02:18:18 PM »

Have you guys seen this - Fox has webcam live:
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/subindex/web_cams/mobile_cam_1

Webcam not working for me, is it working for you right now?
Anninflorida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #519 on: February 13, 2009, 02:18:46 PM »

If there was so much friction between the two sides of this family, I can't imagine the GM calling the mother out of the kindness of her heart. Maybe she called to see if the mother had taken the little girl??? But, I agree that all of this happened in a very short time frame. As a GM myself, I would have headed out of my house and straight to my sons house to get all the facts and help look for Haleigh.  But, I would have called to see if the mom had taken Haleigh.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.