April 26, 2024, 10:52:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649563 times)
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #780 on: February 13, 2009, 11:56:00 PM »

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

Under name type in  = CUMMINGS%

Then click on search

Look for Ronald Lemyles Cummings 

Wow!  Oh, my...

That doesnt work for me.  What does he look like???

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #781 on: February 13, 2009, 11:58:14 PM »

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/Volunteers-Turned-Away-From-Search/oamA7eW5HEywT3rjpAAxjQ.cspx

Volunteers Turned Away From Search  Reported by: Cathi Carson
Email: ccarson@tvjaxfl.com
Last Update: 7:48 pm 

Print Story | Email Story     

Alex Weber and his fellow Urban Search and Rescue team came from Hilton Head to try and help search for Haleigh Cummings.  But when they arrived they were told they couldn't join the effort.

Investigators say liability and safety issues make it impossible to allow uninvited volunteers to take part in the search.  And at this point they have plenty of help.  There were more than 200 volunteers searching the woods along side horses. 

This is so SAD!!  IMO, no professional search team ought to ever be turned away, no matter what!  Am not so sure that all 200 of their volunteers already "invited" have more experience and training than the pro search team! 

This isn't the first missing person's case where the investigators have turned away professional search and rescue teams.  It just burns me up each time that it's done. 

We had a local young man go missing, my son's best friend.  LE and their slew of untrained volunteers looked for all of a week for this young man, then called off the search.  Several months later, it took a man who lived hours away, volunteering his cadaver dog and self, all of less than a day to find his body.  I say GOD BLESS any pro search team willing and able to get involved, and it should be a crime to turn them away! 

IMO. 

Wyks, this is one of those deals that folks'll debate 'til the cows come home.  I've said over and over that if our child was missing, we'd be out beating the bushes 'til we collapsed rather than wasting time doing interviews, let alone calling off the search because of nightfall.

I was reading on an FL equine forum earlier.  If folks want to be part of formal SAR, it'd behoove them to find a reputable group and take the appropriate classes/tests for certs. 

I say this because Joe Blow and his dog, no matter what their tracking abilities aren't welcome until after LE and the more "accepted" SAR folks get in there.

Imho, the lag time between someone coming up missing and when full-scale search can be/is implemented is very concerning.  Thank God the dogs were called out pretty quickly in this case.  I hope someone's been out with dogs every day--and into the night.  I don't get professionals calling off the search because of nightfall esp. w/dogs. 

Foggy

I bet you're right Foggy, this kind of thing will be debated forever.  I was referring to the acceptable professional SAR teams, these are the ones who have been turned away.  Sounds like the team Klaas reported above was also one.  There were also three, not just one, professional SAR teams turned away in the Stacy Peterson case.  I know one of the members of one of those teams and was following that case closely when it happened.  I just don't understand why this happens in a missing persons case.  The reason given by LE was same as with this case, liability and safety issues.  Which for a professional SAR team, is hogwash.  Untrained volunteers I can understand.  But professionals are fully trained, and usually have their own coverage and fully know the risks, perhaps better even than LE.  They come ready to search, despite the risks, being fully prepared. 

I've heard more times than not, that the actual reason is because LE wants the find for themselves.  Sounds mean of me to say, yet I've seen it happening in at least two cases, mine included.  It's often the same with psychics.  LE doesn't like to give credit publically if a psychic makes the find rather than them.  This happened with Laci Peterson.  It hurts their 'macho' image.  Sigh. 

Wyks, I have a dear friend in LE, state boy who has trained tracking/detector/cadaver dogs and handlers for many, many years.  I kind of get why they don't want others coming in, but by the same token trained groups can imho be invaluable assets--esp. in LE depts that don't have a number of dogs at their immediate beck and call.

One of my fondest wishes is that LE and certified SAR groups come to some agreement that'd more hastily afford SAR groups access to search sites.  Imho there is no room for politics when it comes to searching for a little child.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #782 on: February 14, 2009, 12:01:15 AM »

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

Under name type in  = CUMMINGS%

Then click on search

Look for Ronald Lemyles Cummings 

Wow!  Oh, my...

Ummmmm..... I guess he might be use to answering questions asked by the police.....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #783 on: February 14, 2009, 12:07:11 AM »

This is yet another version of what happened according to the gf "Haleigh had gotten up to use the bathroom, according to Cummings. When she didn't return, Croslin went to look for her and noticed the back door was open."

Very suspicious
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #784 on: February 14, 2009, 12:10:08 AM »

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/Volunteers-Turned-Away-From-Search/oamA7eW5HEywT3rjpAAxjQ.cspx

Alex Weber and his fellow Urban Search and Rescue team came from Hilton Head to try and help search for Haleigh Cummings.  But when they arrived they were told they couldn't join the effort.

Investigators say liability and safety issues make it impossible to allow uninvited volunteers to take part in the search.  And at this point they have plenty of help.  There were more than 200 volunteers searching the woods along side horses. 

This is so SAD!!  IMO, no professional search team ought to ever be turned away, no matter what!  Am not so sure that all 200 of their volunteers already "invited" have more experience and training than the pro search team! 

This isn't the first missing person's case where the investigators have turned away professional search and rescue teams.  It just burns me up each time that it's done. 

We had a local young man go missing, my son's best friend.  LE and their slew of untrained volunteers looked for all of a week for this young man, then called off the search.  Several months later, it took a man who lived hours away, volunteering his cadaver dog and self, all of less than a day to find his body.  I say GOD BLESS any pro search team willing and able to get involved, and it should be a crime to turn them away! 

IMO. 

Wyks, this is one of those deals that folks'll debate 'til the cows come home.  I've said over and over that if our child was missing, we'd be out beating the bushes 'til we collapsed rather than wasting time doing interviews, let alone calling off the search because of nightfall.

I was reading on an FL equine forum earlier.  If folks want to be part of formal SAR, it'd behoove them to find a reputable group and take the appropriate classes/tests for certs. 

I say this because Joe Blow and his dog, no matter what their tracking abilities aren't welcome until after LE and the more "accepted" SAR folks get in there.

Imho, the lag time between someone coming up missing and when full-scale search can be/is implemented is very concerning.  Thank God the dogs were called out pretty quickly in this case.  I hope someone's been out with dogs every day--and into the night.  I don't get professionals calling off the search because of nightfall esp. w/dogs. 

Foggy

I bet you're right Foggy, this kind of thing will be debated forever.  I was referring to the acceptable professional SAR teams, these are the ones who have been turned away.  Sounds like the team Klaas reported above was also one.  There were also three, not just one, professional SAR teams turned away in the Stacy Peterson case.  I know one of the members of one of those teams and was following that case closely when it happened.  I just don't understand why this happens in a missing persons case.  The reason given by LE was same as with this case, liability and safety issues.  Which for a professional SAR team, is hogwash.  Untrained volunteers I can understand.  But professionals are fully trained, and usually have their own coverage and fully know the risks, perhaps better even than LE.  They come ready to search, despite the risks, being fully prepared. 

I've heard more times than not, that the actual reason is because LE wants the find for themselves.  Sounds mean of me to say, yet I've seen it happening in at least two cases, mine included.  It's often the same with psychics.  LE doesn't like to give credit publically if a psychic makes the find rather than them.  This happened with Laci Peterson.  It hurts their 'macho' image.  Sigh. 

Wyks, I have a dear friend in LE, state boy who has trained tracking/detector/cadaver dogs and handlers for many, many years.  I kind of get why they don't want others coming in, but by the same token trained groups can imho be invaluable assets--esp. in LE depts that don't have a number of dogs at their immediate beck and call.

One of my fondest wishes is that LE and certified SAR groups come to some agreement that'd more hastily afford SAR groups access to search sites.  Imho there is no room for politics when it comes to searching for a little child.

Oh, I sooooo agree with you! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #785 on: February 14, 2009, 12:13:33 AM »

This is yet another version of what happened according to the gf "Haleigh had gotten up to use the bathroom, according to Cummings. When she didn't return, Croslin went to look for her and noticed the back door was open."

Very suspicious

Yep.  That was the first version I read.  Last count the gf is up to 4 different versions of that one thing.  Wonder what LE is thinking of this? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #786 on: February 14, 2009, 12:19:21 AM »

IMO. 

Foggy

I don't understand this at all...volunteers turned away from a search for a 5 year old girl? I wasn't trained for the search I went on with TES and they were asking for volunteers.....makes no sense to me  Was it because they wanted to head their own search and not be part of the already organized group by TES...that maybe I could understand but otherwise it makes no sense. 
GabbyG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #787 on: February 14, 2009, 12:27:08 AM »

A tent in the yard?? 
What, KFN can't spring for a hotel room?? 

I was just thinking the very same thing flamom. I was picturing dad and the little boy having to stay in a tent, and I was wondering why someone, some group maybe, hasnt stepped up and helped them find a way to stay in a motel. Or even take up collections right there in the neighborhood. Why doesnt dad's mom take them into her home until they can go back home? I mean, that's her son and grandson so why hasnt she or someone done something to remedy this? Sure has got my mind going thinking about it. Geeeeezzz, a tent!! How sad is that???

As far as the 17 yo g/f maybe his reason for having her there was to have someone stay with the kids at night while he worked? What I mean to say is, even though he calls her his g/f maybe the reason he is in that situation is because of not being able to find or afford someone to watch the kids while he works the night shift and the situation with the 17 yo solved that problem for him. I hope with all my heart we wont be seeing more of what we have seen in the past as far as finding the missing loved one and closing the case. I pray little Haleigh is found quickly, and safe.

Please Angels, watch over all our lost children.

My Emmy, my ears. I am deaf and my Lab Emmy hears for me, and does her job well! She is my fur baby and is much loved. Applaud our working animals, they have earned it.

"A lie told a thousand times becomes the truth" -- Joran van der Sloot
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: February 14, 2009, 12:35:29 AM »

It's interesting how the bio mom's and all her friends and families my space links are dead now.  I was looking over misty's brothers and her side, so many only 21 yrs old w/3 kids.  She had a lot of little kids around her/in her life, it appears to be what they strive for down there.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: February 14, 2009, 12:41:34 AM »

It's also very interesting in the initial police report how they followed this supposed trial of child footprints from the back door and on this long loop that ended near the railroad tracks or as they say the canine lost the scent.  I would also be checking that sex offendor who lives on Monroe again since she evidently wondered down that street.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: February 14, 2009, 12:43:58 AM »

IMO. 

Foggy

Oh, I sooooo agree with you! 

I'd like to match you all with the instructor of a class I took on how to take care of our pets in disaters.  No for that subject, but he the biggie of Los Angeles county canine search He and his team were picked immediately to go to Katrina and to Galvestor. (sure has lots of stories to tell)

any is is far what you are trying and maybe that will be the kick clout needed. He is also working on getting Shelters to accept the humans and their dogs, so the rescurers don't have to leave any behind who don't want to leave without their dog.

please email me at charityistheone@earthlink.net if you are interested Can't guarantee any responses until at least the beginning of the week...have to get over this grip first or whatever it is.... it meets the exposure time to the friend which I visited her, having pneumonia.. she died.

I wonder if the LE searching remember that the undercloth of a mobile home (has a business buzz word")can be cut and one can hide in there

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #791 on: February 14, 2009, 12:43:59 AM »

i live near where joseph duncan abducted and killed the family and did horrific things to the children that he abducted.... it is a really OUT of the way place... but near a freeway... and apparently he just watched like the freakazoid predator that he was ...and saw the children....

yall wouldnt BELIEVE how wierd of a spot it is that they were taken from.. totally not somewhere you would think your kiddos wouldnt be safe...

i am always freaked out by these seemingly unbelievable abductions ....
yet the predators watch and wait and look for an opportunity...

gah!

It is a weird spot. Guess he saw them from the freeway. I get sad when Ive driven by there. Little white house in the bushes all boarded up and knowing what happened there makes me feel ill.

i know..i try NOT to drive by there... even tho the steak house i liked alot is right near there.. and i DONT go to the dennys where they caught him with shasta EITHER...
okay... honestly i didnt like going there before either *L*... but i REALLLY

profile pics courtesy of the kind and generous BRANDI!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: February 14, 2009, 12:47:03 AM »

It's also very interesting in the initial police report how they followed this supposed trial of child footprints from the back door and on this long loop that ended near the railroad tracks or as they say the canine lost the scent.  I would also be checking that sex offender who lives on Monroe again since she evidently wondered down that street.

cars can drive on rr tracks if you know the train schedule

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: February 14, 2009, 12:50:08 AM »

It's interesting how the bio mom's and all her friends and families my space links are dead now.  I was looking over misty's brothers and her side, so many only 21 yrs old w/3 kids.  She had a lot of little kids around her/in her life, it appears to be what they strive for down there.

I don't think the Myspace sites are down, I think the links Today copied my be broken. 
heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #794 on: February 14, 2009, 12:50:39 AM »

i live near where joseph duncan abducted and killed the family and did horrific things to the children that he abducted.... it is a really OUT of the way place... but near a freeway... and apparently he just watched like the freakazoid predator that he was ...and saw the children....

yall wouldnt BELIEVE how wierd of a spot it is that they were taken from.. totally not somewhere you would think your kiddos wouldnt be safe...

gah!

It is a weird spot. Guess he saw them from the freeway. I get sad when Ive driven by there. Little white house in the bushes all boarded up and knowing what happened there makes me feel ill.

i know..i try NOT to drive by there... even tho the steak house i liked alot is right near there.. and i DONT go to the dennys where they caught him with shasta EITHER...
okay... honestly i didnt like going there before either *L*... but i REALLLY dont even like to drive BY  it now...it makes me sad... even tho it SHOULD be a cause for celebration...it isnt..

i read the letters (in the newspaper)... shasta wrote.... in her little handwriting   and it makes me HATE that man with a passion...
sicko freakazoid...

edited cause i hit the wrong button and didnt finish my post..

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #795 on: February 14, 2009, 12:52:20 AM »

It's also very interesting in the initial police report how they followed this supposed trial of child footprints from the back door and on this long loop that ended near the railroad tracks or as they say the canine lost the scent.  I would also be checking that sex offender who lives on Monroe again since she evidently wondered down that street.

cars can drive on rr tracks if you know the train schedule

I didn't know that.  A car is what bothers me too, the perp could of seen her and followed her than took the opportunity.  It is entirely possible w/misty she left that door open and is so guilt ridden she is screwing everything up.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #796 on: February 14, 2009, 12:54:12 AM »

I don't think the Myspace sites are down, I think the links Today copied my be broken. 

Cool, that sent my alarm bell right off.  I will try a search. 
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #797 on: February 14, 2009, 01:01:43 AM »

Very suspicious

Yep.  That was the first version I read.  Last count the gf is up to 4 different versions of that one thing.  Wonder what LE is thinking of this? 

Yup. The gf is up to her spaghettios in this. Just hope the dad isn't involved, but I'm leaning towards them both covering up. If it was just the gf, I think Cummings would  gotten it out of her by now. I sure hope I'm wrong but their angst doesn't ring true to me. Just like a certain KC. Maybe LE is just waiting til they turn on each other. 
heykim
Monkey Junky

www.twitter.com/heykim

« Reply #798 on: February 14, 2009, 01:02:20 AM »

gah!

HeyKim, what folks don't seem to get is that lowlives practice their "trade" for a living.  I've known this for decades.  Where is everyone?

And its always seemed that the predators are the most driven.  back atcha.

i KNOW... makes me CRAZY... i used to let my grandson walk to the bus from out our door... rural area... no homes within site even... until i heard about that predator that fricken FOLLOWED SCHOOL BUSES and picked his prey.... and watch... and watched..

then... i decided i would WAIT until he got ON the bus... and we had a code that he would yell at me until he got ON the bus... and i would watch him until he got on..

course he thought i was nuts... i guess i am... but i WILL not allow a child to wait for a school bus alone EVER again.. NEVER.. not in the middle of a city...not in the middle of the boonies...

and he isnt a baby... HE thinks hes all grown up..

welll tooooooo bad for him.. grammy isnt going to let THAT stand in my way... i am covert about how i let it APPEAR that he doesnt have gram holding his hand till he got on.. but still i didnt let him do it alone EVER again....

these freaks of nature are out there.. they are EVERYWHERE (if you dont believe it... check the site where it TELLS you where they are..it is FRIGHTENING)...

parents and families need to be vigilant.... and keep ahead of it.... and TRY to make them as safe as we can...

(course my 6 year old grandson HATES going in the womens restroom with me in  stores or malls.. TOUGH!

beachwego
Scared Monkey

« Reply #799 on: February 14, 2009, 01:06:20 AM »

An article I found at www.gainesville.com  (sorry I do not know how to add a link).  perhaps it is a local (close by) newspaper website.  There were other interesting articles there that I have not seen discussed here. 

Misty Croslin, who was watching Haleigh, tells about herself[/size][/size]

By Cindy Swirko
Staff writer

Published: Friday, February 13, 2009 at 2:25 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, February 13, 2009 at 2:25 p.m.

PALATKA - Misty Croslin, the 17-year-old girlfriend of Haleigh's father, has been a key figure in this story. During an interview Friday afternoon, Croslin shared some information about herself:

- She is originally from Michigan. She has lived in Florida for about seven years. Croslin has lived in various parts of the state, including Daytona, where she lived with her brother.

- She has lived in Putnam County off and on for about a year. Her parents live here. She said she prefers city life.

- Croslin has been dating Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, for about five months. She lives with him.

- Croslin does not go to school; she hasn't for a while. She signed up for GED classes but never went.

- On the night Haleigh went missing, the girl was sleeping in the master bedroom of the doublewide mobile home on Green Lane in Satsuma. There are two beds in that room. Haleigh was in the one that was right in front of the TV; Croslin and Ronald Jr., age 2, were in the second bed.

- Croslin said the children are like family to her. Cummings works the night shift, and she watches the children.

"I always stay with the kids," she said. "I had them 24/7, except for the four days out of the month when they would go to their mom's."

- Croslin addressed the issue of someone her age watching such young children in this capacity. "I've been babysitting since I was 11," she said. "I have three nieces and two nephews and one on the way, and I've watched all of them."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.