April 26, 2024, 08:13:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649554 times)
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #880 on: February 14, 2009, 07:15:47 AM »

can i ask one thing?  I saw in this thread, public records up for the county in this case, and can someone in here show me how to find the exact same records page for dougherty county in georgia.  i been googling my head off all night, but cant find a similar page.  Sorry for OT.  But, id be really pleased if someone can find it for me. 

Hey, Lucinda, here is a link with information about obtaining criminal records in Georgia.

http://gbi.georgia.gov/00/channel_modifieddate/0,2096,67862954_67866875,00.html

Different U.S. states and counties have different levels of information available.  Some states offer free criminal searches online (like FL).  Others you can get for free, but you have to contact the county directly.  Some counties/states you have to pay for the information, and a few don't make the info public, or at least not all of it.

Good luck in your search for info.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: February 14, 2009, 07:26:05 AM »

can i ask one thing?  I saw in this thread, public records up for the county in this case, and can someone in here show me how to find the exact same records page for dougherty county in georgia.  i been googling my head off all night, but cant find a similar page.  Sorry for OT.  But, id be really pleased if someone can find it for me. 

Hey, Lucinda, here is a link with information about obtaining criminal records in Georgia.

Different U.S. states and counties have different levels of information available.  Some states offer free criminal searches online (like FL).  Others you can get for free, but you have to contact the county directly.  Some counties/states you have to pay for the information, and a few don't make the info public, or at least not all of it.

Thanks desi, looking now. 

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #882 on: February 14, 2009, 07:38:04 AM »

Thanks desi, looking now. 

Going now, must get ready for work... will check back later for any new developments.  And I'll be praying for everyone involved in this sad case.

Happy Valentine's Day, Monkeys!  (and a belated one to you, Lucinda)

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: February 14, 2009, 07:53:38 AM »

Good Morning
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #884 on: February 14, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/Volunteers-Turned-Away-From-Search/oamA7eW5HEywT3rjpAAxjQ.cspx

Volunteers Turned Away From Search  Reported by: Cathi Carson
Email: ccarson@tvjaxfl.com
Last Update: 7:48 pm 

Print Story | Email Story     

Alex Weber and his fellow Urban Search and Rescue team came from Hilton Head to try and help search for Haleigh Cummings.  But when they arrived they were told they couldn't join the effort.

Investigators say liability and safety issues make it impossible to allow uninvited volunteers to take part in the search.  And at this point they have plenty of help.  There were more than 200 volunteers searching the woods along side horses. 

We know Tim always says there are not enough volunteers.  So either LE doesn't believe that or they are not comfortable with this team.
Lucinda
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: February 14, 2009, 08:07:47 AM »

goodnight monkeys
have a great day today. 

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #886 on: February 14, 2009, 08:13:48 AM »

Ok, I am going to go out on a limb here, hope I don't fall off.

Today Marie (maternal gm) was asked if Crystals side of family had taken Poly.

She said they have been ask to, have filled out the paper work but had not taken it yet.

We know that Ronald and Misty have taken it. IF one or both had failed it, there would be no need for others to take it imo.

If Crystal takes a poly, wouldn't that tell us that Ronald and Misty have been ruled out as suspects? Not saying that Crystal or her family are involved, just trying to

piece some of this together.

If Crystal and family does not take a poly soon, then doesn't that tell us that it is not needed because they have a suspect, just not naming one yet?

One thing for sure LE is not leaking anything in this case.

Just some of my thoughts tonight..

Be Gentle please..

OS

My opinion is that their alibi are pretty air tight.  They live pretty far away and I'm sure their location was checked.  Probably only one poly operator available and there are other people they are doing first. 
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #887 on: February 14, 2009, 08:28:01 AM »

Ok this is O/T but on - The amount of known sex offenders in the area scares the bejeebers out of me. And to think there are a bunch more that just have not been caught yet!

Has anyone seen the series "Dexter"? I am thinking I could be him - go around and kill all the bad guys and leave no trail. . .

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #888 on: February 14, 2009, 08:30:39 AM »

Snipped
Remember, she says she awakened sometime after 3:00am, just before Ronnie was due home. Upon discovering the light and the open door, WHY didn't she simply assume that he must have arrived home minutes before she woke up?  He could have turned on the kitchen light, and opened the back door for some reason.  Why did she panic?  Why didn't she first just go out the door and look to see if he were home -- if it were him who had turned on the light and opened the door?

A small point, but it seems like a big glaring hole in the story to me.  It really bugs me.  That's why I had to come here and post!

Snipped

But wait a minute.  Another head-scratcher:  WHY was the 911 call placed within a minute of him driving up to the home, if his arrival indeed coincided with Misty's discovery that Haleigh was gone, as per her story?  Haleigh isn't in her bed!  Oh my God!  Where is she?  Wouldn't they have checked outside first?  Awakened the neighbors?  Searched around to see if she had perhaps wandered outside and gotten injured or lost?  Why did Ronnie IMMEDIATELY have Misty call 911 while he raged in the background about how he would kill whoever took her?  How did they IMMEDIATELY know Haleigh had been taken by someone?

And why was Ronnie right there on hand, apparently in the same room, while Misty was on the phone with the dispatch operator?  Why wasn't he out looking under trees and bushes, under the trailer, down the road, in neighbors' cars, yards, etc., while she called in the emergency?
Snipped
This might not be a safe neighborhood and/or maybe boyfriend never gets off early.  I could see being very upset lights on, back door open. I probably would have called 911 right then. Also, they had only been there a couple of months.

All the interviews I saw at first did talk about Haleigh being taken and some almost sounded like they suspected who did it.  You make a good point here.

I understand why the parents are not out searching now.  But, I totally agree with you that I am shocked that the father was not out looking when 911 was called.  Since he made that kill comment to 911 you would think he would have grabbed his gun and gone out as soon as Misty told him Haleigh was missing. 
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #889 on: February 14, 2009, 08:56:58 AM »

NANCY GRACE Aired February 13, 2009

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL Aired February 13, 2009

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #890 on: February 14, 2009, 09:09:03 AM »

Search for Haleigh Cummings puts tiny Satsuma in spotlight

Helen Eckinger and Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writers
7:15 PM EST, February 13, 2009

SATSUMA - Four days ago, few outside Putnam County had ever heard of this one-traffic-light town nestled along the St. Johns River.

Now, dozens of reporters and satellite trucks have converged on Satsuma to tell the world of one of this community's saddest stories: The disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

The fair-haired girl vanished late Monday or early Tuesday as her younger brother and father's girlfriend slept in a mobile home.

Authorities continue to treat the case as an abduction but are releasing little information.

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy refused to speculate, saying: "I'm dealing with the facts."

Investigators have followed up on more than 350 leads and have sent evidence to be tested in a Jacksonville forensic lab.

The 44 registered sex offenders who live within 5 miles of Haleigh's double-wide have been questioned and their residences searched, Hardy said.

Volunteers from Texas EquuSearch -- a Houston-based search group -- joined law-enforcement searchers today and scoured thick woods beyond the original 5-square-mile search zone.

The search yielded "items of interest," but Putnam County sheriff's officials would not say what the items were, who found them or what makes them notable.

Searchers carrying little orange flags -- to mark potential evidence -- and walking sticks were seen marching down Buffalo Bluff Road, the main two-lane road near Haleigh's neighborhood.

"I think that everyone here brought their hearts and determination," said EquuSearch founder Tim Miller. "We just need that little bit of luck to go along with it."

The scene was reminiscent of EquuSearch's work for 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, the Orlando toddler who was reported missing in July. Her mother, Casey Anthony, 22, was charged with first-degree murder before the girl's remains were found in December.

"It's little Caylee Anthony all over again," said 74-year-old Erma Rice as the she sat outside her Satsuma mobile home watching media crews set up for the afternoon news conference. "But here we don't know who it (the suspect) is."

In Satsuma, businesses have plastered posters bearing Haleigh's picture on their windows, and the local Christian rock station, WHIF Hope FM, has taken to broadcasting regular updates.

Outside Mema's diner on U.S. Highway 17, which offered all-you-can-eat catfish today, a sign read "Pray for Haleigh" above an advertisement for banana splits. Inside the restaurant, one of two in Satsuma, Haleigh is the main topic.

"It's been the only conversation," said waitress Kim Smith, 32.

The father's 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, told sheriff's investigators that she was sharing a bed with Haleigh when the little girl disappeared.

Marie Griffis, Haleigh's maternal grandmother, said Croslin has given conflicting accounts of that night to media outlets.

"Why so many stories?" Griffis said.

The Orlando Sentinel could not reach Croslin on Friday, and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, declined several requests for comment, though they have denied any involvement during televised interviews.

Sheriff's officials said they are sticking with their original interview with Croslin and would not comment further on the discrepancies.

Mema's customers talk about rumors heard from friends and what they saw on the "Nancy Grace" show the night before.

"I never thought I would live to see the name Satsuma on television," said Henry Hof, 62, as he sipped coffee at the counter.

Before Haleigh's disappearance, the biggest excitement in recent years was the opening of the Family Dollar store on U.S. 17.

"That's our Wal-Mart," said Rice.

Driving up from the south on U.S. 17, visitors' first sight of Satsuma is Paradise Auto Repair -- where drivers can get "New Tires Used" -- and the House of the Reconciled church.

Nobody seems to know exactly how many people live in Satsuma. The total ranges from 1,700 to 5,000 -- depending on whom is asked. The community was named in 1886 for its satsuma oranges, according to Allen Morris' Florida Place Names.

Now it's a community with vastly different residents -- out-of-state retirees looking for a quiet place to live out their years and locals born and raised in mobile homes with well water and septic tanks.

Several residents said that drug use is common.

"There ain't much else to do around here," said 20-year-old Matthew Ross, who runs the local barber shop with his brother.

Most folks work at the paper mill and electric company several miles north in Palatka.

And, their children were once allowed to run through the woods and play outside unattended without concern.

"This actually was one of those places where you can turn your back on your children and not worry about them being gone," said Connie Winkler, 32, outside the Family Dollar. "But that's changed."

Since Tuesday, she no longer allows her children to play outside.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #891 on: February 14, 2009, 09:14:16 AM »

VIDEO

In video grandma is convinced that Haleigh would have only left trailer with someone she knew.
NaNaPenny63
Scared Monkey

"ADVOCATES FOR CHILDREN"

« Reply #892 on: February 14, 2009, 09:27:12 AM »

good morning   If this has been asked before Im sorry.....but does anyone know why Haleigh is with with her father and not her mother? TIA

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: February 14, 2009, 09:35:45 AM »

Initial Report Shows No Suspicion of Foul Play in Disappearance of Haleigh Cummings

Posted By: Gary Detman     Created: 2/13/2009 9:03:49 PM    Updated: 2/14/2009 9:15:24 AM

SATSUMA, FL -- Deputies found a footprint in the dirt, and dogs picked up a scent leading away from the home of Haleigh Cummings, but investigators didn't suspect foul play on the day she disappeared, according to the police report released late Friday by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

Haleigh Cummings has been missing since Monday. Now, authorities believe she's been abducted.

FORUM CHAT: HALEIGH'S DISAPPEARANCE

Deputies R. Nelson and Bridges responded to Haleigh's home at 202 Green Drive in reference to the report of a missing five year old child.

The deputies arrived to find Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, visibly upset in the driveway.

Cummings told the arriving deputies his girlfriend told him his daughter disappeared. Mr. Cummings said he didn't know what kind of clothing Haleigh had on, and all he knew was "the back door was standing open."

Ronald Cummings repeatedly said someone took his daughter, and according to the police report. he said, "when I find him, I'll kill him." Investigators said Cummings mentioned he had a 9 mm Beretta inside his home, and he said whomever had his child, he would "shoot them through the back window of the patrol car."

Investigators said due to his emotional state, Ronald Cummings was unable to provide any useful information at that moment.

Investigators then spoke with Misty Croslin, the 17-year-old girlfriend of Ronald Cummings who put Haleigh to bed Monday evening.

Croslin told investigators she put Haleigh and her 3-year-old brother in Croslin's bed at 8 p.m., and that both were still in bed when the teenager went to bed a few hours later at 10:30 p.m.

Croslin said she woke up to get a drink of water at 3 a.m. and noticed Haleigh had disappeared. Croslin said she ran around the home frantically looking for Haleigh when she noticed the back door open. Croslin told detectives she felt certain she locked the door before going to bed.

Croslin said Ronald Cummings arrived at home five minutes after she noticed Haleigh missing. Croslin said her boyfriend told her to call 911 immediately.

SEARCH FOR HALEIGH: THE 911 CALL

Ronald Cummings' mother, Teresa Neves, arrived at the house. She told detectives her son called her shortly after he learned his daughter disappeared.

Deputies did their own search of the house for Haleigh but didn't find her.

The missing person's unit with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office responded to the house.

A canine officer followed a track that lead directly out the back door of the home and down a wooded path.

Deputies found what appeared to be a small footprint in the dirt, but noted Haleigh's shoes were still inside her home.

The tracking dog led deputies to a pond and back to Green Drive [map it], Haleigh's street. Deputies looked inside a small building with a door that had been left open. Nothing was inside.

The track continued north past Haleigh's home down Monroe Avenue and onto Buchan Circle, which looped back to Monroe Avenue. The canine officer continued to track down Buffalo Bluff Road but lost the track at the railroad crossing.

Investigators are now treating Haleigh's disappearance as an abduction.

FBI EXPERT DISCUSSES POSSIBLE SCENARIOS

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

COgal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #894 on: February 14, 2009, 09:36:47 AM »

use this link to see how many sexual offenders are in your area:

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/searchNeighborhood.do?actionPerformed=neighborhoodSearchMain

There are 118 within a 5 mile range of where I live, very frightening!!!
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: February 14, 2009, 09:37:09 AM »

good morning   If this has been asked before Im sorry.....but does anyone know why Haleigh is with with her father and not her mother? TIA
Mother spoke on Nancy Grace about it.  Do a search in thread I posted the link.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: February 14, 2009, 09:43:21 AM »

Klaas

Will you add this caption under the pic?

This aerial photograph from 2008 shows the location of the mobile home at 202 Green Lane in Putnam County where Haleigh Cummings, 5, was reported missing. At the far left is the St. Johns River.
PUTNAM COUNTY PROPERTY APPRAISER'S OFFICE

Thank you,

OS

This aerial photograph from 2008 shows the location of the mobile home at 202 Green Lane in Putnam County where Haleigh Cummings, 5, was reported missing. At the far left is the St. Johns River.
PUTNAM COUNTY PROPERTY APPRAISER'S OFFICE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: February 14, 2009, 09:52:43 AM »

Hi Haileigh thread... after 4:30am here, and I am awake.

I have only ever posted in Caylee and Musings, but wow, just realized something that chilled me to the bone.  I had to "tell" someone!

Misty's story:  "I woke up at 3:XX, got out of bed to get water/use bathroom (depending on which version), saw kitchen light on, saw back door was open, then noticed Haleigh was gone.  Frantic, scared, called Ronnie, who was just driving into the yard at that moment.  He said to call 911 instead, so I did."

911 call came in at 3:27.  Ronnie gets off work at 3am.  It takes 25 or 26 minutes to drive the 16 miles, so the 911 call seems to line up time-wise.

But wait.  Here's what occurred to me:

Picture it.  You awaken.  It is after 3am, just about time for Ronnie to come home.  Sleepy, you crawl out of bed and head for the bathroom, and are surprised to see the kitchen light on when you know it was not on earlier.  Now you see that the back door, usually closed and locked, is wide open.

Misty says it freaked her out, and she went in and discovered Haleigh missing, and "that's all I know."

What would your thought have been, if you were Misty?

Remember, she says she awakened sometime after 3:00am, just before Ronnie was due home. Upon discovering the light and the open door, WHY didn't she simply assume that he must have arrived home minutes before she woke up?  He could have turned on the kitchen light, and opened the back door for some reason.  Why did she panic?  Why didn't she first just go out the door and look to see if he were home -- if it were him who had turned on the light and opened the door?

A small point, but it seems like a big glaring hole in the story to me.  It really bugs me.  That's why I had to come here and post!

And while we are on the subject, WHY did he have HER call 911?  He is the father, he is older; she is not even an adult.  It would have made much more sense for him to call. 

But wait a minute.  Another head-scratcher:  WHY was the 911 call placed within a minute of him driving up to the home, if his arrival indeed coincided with Misty's discovery that Haleigh was gone, as per her story?  Haleigh isn't in her bed!  Oh my God!  Where is she?  Wouldn't they have checked outside first?  Awakened the neighbors?  Searched around to see if she had perhaps wandered outside and gotten injured or lost?  Why did Ronnie IMMEDIATELY have Misty call 911 while he raged in the background about how he would kill whoever took her?  How did they IMMEDIATELY know Haleigh had been taken by someone?

And why was Ronnie right there on hand, apparently in the same room, while Misty was on the phone with the dispatch operator?  Why wasn't he out looking under trees and bushes, under the trailer, down the road, in neighbors' cars, yards, etc., while she called in the emergency?

Sorry for the long ramble, and sorry for busting into this thread like this... I was awake and troubled by my realization: that if Misty had awakened at the time she said she did, she would almost certainly have naturally assumed that the light and the open door were simply indications that Ronnie had come home from work -- and this is conspicuously absent from her account, IMO.

I hope they didn't hurt Haleigh... the bit about the blankets sounds so suspicious, too... I wish I had hope that she is okay, but after Tim Miller stated on camera that he doesn't think this is going to have a happy ending, I just feel so sad.

Oh, yes, saw in the police report that Haleigh was wearing pink shirt, tan shorts.
Previous report said a t-shirt and underwear.
Original report said pajamas.
Did I mention the confusing bit about the blankets?

*sigh*

Desi

P.S.  Yes, it could have been an abduction by a child predator -- the area is crawling with 44 RSO's.  Well, I wonder: Would you be aware of that if you lived there?  Maybe Ronnie knows this, and perhaps is familiar with the Jessica Lunsford case? ..... Hate to be so suspicious, but their story just sounds wrong somehow.  I will humbly apologize here to Misty and Ronnie if I am mistaken about this.

Bingo 
kitkat53
Scared Monkey

« Reply #898 on: February 14, 2009, 09:59:05 AM »

Hi Haileigh thread... after 4:30am here, and I am awake.

I have only ever posted in Caylee and Musings, but wow, just realized something that chilled me to the bone.  I had to "tell" someone!

Misty's story:  "I woke up at 3:XX, got out of bed to get water/use bathroom (depending on which version), saw kitchen light on, saw back door was open, then noticed Haleigh was gone.  Frantic, scared, called Ronnie, who was just driving into the yard at that moment.  He said to call 911 instead, so I did."

911 call came in at 3:27.  Ronnie gets off work at 3am.  It takes 25 or 26 minutes to drive the 16 miles, so the 911 call seems to line up time-wise.

But wait.  Here's what occurred to me:

Picture it.  You awaken.  It is after 3am, just about time for Ronnie to come home.  Sleepy, you crawl out of bed and head for the bathroom, and are surprised to see the kitchen light on when you know it was not on earlier.  Now you see that the back door, usually closed and locked, is wide open.

Misty says it freaked her out, and she went in and discovered Haleigh missing, and "that's all I know."

What would your thought have been, if you were Misty?

And while we are on the subject, WHY did he have HER call 911?  He is the father, he is older; she is not even an adult.  It would have made much more sense for him to call. 

Sorry for the long ramble, and sorry for busting into this thread like this... I was awake and troubled by my realization: that if Misty had awakened at the time she said she did, she would almost certainly have naturally assumed that the light and the open door were simply indications that Ronnie had come home from work -- and this is conspicuously absent from her account, IMO.

I hope they didn't hurt Haleigh... the bit about the blankets sounds so suspicious, too... I wish I had hope that she is okay, but after Tim Miller stated on camera that he doesn't think this is going to have a happy ending, I just feel so sad.

Oh, yes, saw in the police report that Haleigh was wearing pink shirt, tan shorts.
Previous report said a t-shirt and underwear.
Original report said pajamas.
Did I mention the confusing bit about the blankets?

*sigh*

Desi

P.S.  Yes, it could have been an abduction by a child predator -- the area is crawling with 44 RSO's.  Well, I wonder: Would you be aware of that if you lived there?  Maybe Ronnie knows this, and perhaps is familiar with the Jessica Lunsford case? ..... Hate to be so suspicious, but their story just sounds wrong somehow.  I will humbly apologize here to Misty and Ronnie if I am mistaken about this.

Bingo 

I agree. I would not have instantly thought my child was missing.  Very good post.

“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.”

Abraham Lincoln
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: February 14, 2009, 10:21:54 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131296&catid=3

Weather May Be a Factor in Day 5 Search for Haleigh
Posted By: Carla Jones     Created: 2/14/2009 9:26:29 AM    Updated: 2/14/2009 9:56:41 AM
Recommend Print Article Email Article Larger Smaller

SATSUMA, FL -- A team of volunteers and law enforcement officials will be searching for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings today.

It's unclear at this time if the rainy weather will impact the search effort.

This will be the fifth day Haleigh has been missing.

Local, state and federal law enforcement agencies have joined in the search.

Authorities believe the little girl was abducted from her Satsuma home.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.