April 20, 2024, 10:02:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649269 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #900 on: February 14, 2009, 10:32:26 AM »

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-02-14/story/lonely_little_brother_waiting_for_haleigh
Lonely little brother waiting for Haleigh
Deputies, volunteers search region; 'The world is a suspect,' sheriff says

By Bridget Murphy Story updated at 1:01 AM on Saturday, Feb. 14, 2009 EMAIL PRINT BLOG THIS COMMENT

SATSUMA - Ronald Cummings Jr. will turn 4 years old Sunday, a birthday his family isn't sure they'll remind him about.

Valentine's Day may not mean much to a tyke like him, but today's holiday arrived early Friday morning with someone from his sister's school dropping off candy and gifts from her classmates.

"We love you Haleigh," said a card all her kindergarten classmates signed.

But how do you explain to a little boy why his 5-year-old sister wasn't home to get the gifts? How do you tell him that police suspect someone abducted Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings while the siblings were supposed to be snug in bed?

"When he's here by himself, he's a little bit lonely," his paternal grandmother, Teresa Neves, said Friday of the little boy their family calls "Junior."

"We just tell him that Haleigh's not here right now. We're not going to do doom and gloom."

But there was news later Friday that offered some hope, with authorities announcing on the fourth day of their investigation they had found new evidence. It happened after more than 100 civilian volunteers teamed with police to broaden the search for Haleigh in the thick woods around her family's Green Lane mobile home near the banks of the St. Johns River.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office wouldn't give details about the evidence or where it was found, with Capt. Steve Rose describing the findings as "items of interest." Authorities wouldn't say if the discovery hinted that Haleigh was alive.

But they said state crime lab personnel have made processing all the evidence in the abduction case their first priority.

Friday they were continuing to interview and re-interview Haleigh's family members and others they didn't identify. They said they had finished speaking with the registered sex offenders who live within 5 miles of the mobile home park in the Hermit's Cove area.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy said Friday morning that investigators hadn't zeroed in on any suspects.

"At this time, the world is a suspect and we really haven't excluded anybody," he said.

The sheriff also said law enforcement officials have chased roughly 350 leads so far.

No comment from sheriff

Hardy wouldn't comment when asked about an inconsistency that emerged Thursday in the account of the 17-year-old girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings.

Misty Croslin first reported that Haleigh had been in bed with her before she woke and found her gone about 3 a.m. as Cummings arrived home. On Thursday, she told reporters they were in separate beds.

She told the Times-Union on Friday that she did change her story "a little bit" because she got mixed up. There is another bed in the same room that Haleigh was sleeping in, according to Neves, Haleigh's grandmother.

Neves said the family is standing by Croslin and doesn't believe she would do Haleigh any harm. Croslin said officials advised her not to speak with the media anymore. Cummings, 25, said he and his girlfriend took lie-detector tests and believes they passed. Investigators haven't confirmed the results.

Authoritiesregularly checked in on Cummings and his family Friday, taking him at one point to meet members of Texas EquuSearch, a volunteer search group.

On Friday morning they sent 10 teams of searchers into the woods on horses, all-terrain vehicles and on foot to look for Haleigh. By day's end, Cummings was wearing a T-shirt like one many wore. "Lost is not alone," it read.

Haleigh's father and her mother, Crystal Sheffield, said they were pleased by the support of volunteers. Cummings has had custody of both Haleigh and Junior.

Family appreciates help

"I think it's wonderful that everybody's helping," said Sheffield, 23, while gathering with her family outside the mobile home park's fence.

That was one of the places where a memorial to Haleigh went up. Signs from family also appealed to anyone who passed by to please bring their baby home.

Volunteers who enlisted for that cause included horseback riders Wanda Cassidy, 58, of Green Cove Springs and Tracy Mitchell, 51, of Jacksonville's Westside.

The friends brought their horses to the area to search the grounds with other volunteers from Texas EquuSearch. The group has assisted authorities with cases like the disappearance of teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba and slain Orlando girl Caylee Anthony.

"I was so excited to be able to do something," Cassidy said before shoving off. "You hear about these things but you don't know what you can do."

Neves said her son and the rest of the family would hold a candlelight vigil Friday night, as they have every night since Haleigh disappeared.

She and her sister Tina Belcher, Haleigh's aunt, smiled when they looked at Thursday night's candles still burning below a table full of Valentines and teddy bears and photos. There also was a packet of fruit chews someone left amid the tribute for Haleigh.

That someone was Junior, Belcher said, explaining how her nephew insisted on buying his sister a treat when she took him into a convenience store.

"We've got to get one for Sissy," the almost-4-year-old told his aunt about the fruit chews. "We'll give her the candy when she gets home."

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: February 14, 2009, 10:34:57 AM »

I am not so sure that a person could see much to search at 3 a.m. and would be reluctant to go charging up to some of my neighbors at that hour.  Same deal, however, as with Caylee, saying she was missing first thing.  But she was afraid of the dark so that could have eliminated the possibility of Haleigh going outside after dark.

But I would want LE to contact certain of my neighbors like the place that usually is cooking meth.  Not about to go there myself even in daylight.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: February 14, 2009, 10:35:46 AM »

Klaas,

I just made that post in the Natalee thread instead of here, can you please delete it for me?

Not enough coffee yet to be posting I suppose.

Thanks!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: February 14, 2009, 10:39:05 AM »

But now if I had an edit button, I could fix it myself, hahahaha

PERSONA NON GRATA

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: February 14, 2009, 11:19:55 AM »

Join John Walsh on the search for Haleigh Cummings.

Saturday on FOX, 9 p.m. ET/PT, 8 p.m. CT.

>>See All The Stories In This Week's Show

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
supersleuth99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #905 on: February 14, 2009, 11:21:05 AM »

Maybe you've seen this already but the dad is a very bad guy.  I can't believe the children were placed with him after reading this doc.  These children were in danger by just living with him.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #906 on: February 14, 2009, 11:29:38 AM »

Maybe you've seen this already but the dad is a very bad guy.  I can't believe the children were placed with him after reading this doc.  These children were in danger by just living with him.

That's my take on the father too.  Just cannot wrap my mind around the fact that this guy was chosen by the court over the mother.  Makes me wonder how much more bad the mother could have been?      

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
summermonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #907 on: February 14, 2009, 11:32:46 AM »

That's my take on the father too.  Just cannot wrap my mind around the fact that this guy was chosen by the court over the mother.  Makes me wonder how much more bad the mother could have been?      

Surely, if there is a God in heaven, little Junior will NOT be going back to live with his obviously unfit father.....
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #908 on: February 14, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »

Thanks for posting this.  So apparently there are alligators in the canal by the house...however I dont think this little girl wandered down there in the middle of the night.

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: February 14, 2009, 11:35:45 AM »

NANCY GRACE for February 12, 2009

Bio mom, Crystal Sheffield, talks about custody and Misty's sleeping arrangement story changing three times.
kitkat53
Scared Monkey

« Reply #910 on: February 14, 2009, 11:36:42 AM »

Wow. Thanks for posting that.  Crystal said on NG that she did not show up for court because the address that was given for her was not where she lived. I guess Ronald gave them the wrong address so she wouldn't show up to court IDK. Sounds like it was a very stressful the children.  Just by his threats that we heard being made on the 911 calls (which I can understand his anger) it does seem that he has some anger issues.

“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.”

Abraham Lincoln
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #911 on: February 14, 2009, 11:37:58 AM »

I didn't want to be judgemental but my first thought about the father was that he had a bad termper and was probably an abuser....just from his 911 call and the way he talked about his girlfriend in the policy report. 

I wonder if LE has questioned Junior about any abuse he may have had from the father.

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: February 14, 2009, 11:39:36 AM »

supersleuth99

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: February 14, 2009, 11:39:44 AM »

I didn't want to be judgemental but my first thought about the father was that he had a bad termper and was probably an abuser....just from his 911 call and the way he talked about his girlfriend in the policy report. 

I wonder if LE has questioned Junior about any abuse he may have had from the father.

**oops, meant police not policy

(in my line of work I type that word about 500 times a day...habit...lol)

summermonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #914 on: February 14, 2009, 11:41:27 AM »

He didn't even know her birthday.....
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #915 on: February 14, 2009, 11:41:35 AM »

WOW! The mom found Haleigh floating in a canal and had to revive her because the dad let her wander off? OMG, didn't the tracking dogs track her scent to a lake?

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
summermonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #916 on: February 14, 2009, 11:44:14 AM »

WOW! The mom found Haleigh floating in a canal and had to revive her because the dad let her wander off? OMG, didn't the tracking dogs track her scent to a lake?

I think this story happened about 3 years ago.....the mom said that the dad used this against her in court.....
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #917 on: February 14, 2009, 11:45:46 AM »

I think this story happened about 3 years ago.....the mom said that the dad used this against her in court.....
Oh I guess I read it wrong. I thought that it said the dad let her wander off and the mom found her floating in a canal. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
summermonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #918 on: February 14, 2009, 11:52:41 AM »

Oh I guess I read it wrong. I thought that it said the dad let her wander off and the mom found her floating in a canal. 

I think Crystal's mom (bio maternal grandma) was being interviewed and told the story that Crytal was putting Junior in the car and dad was supposed to bring Haleigh....after Junior was put in her carseat Crystal went back to the house to get the diaper bag and saw Haleigh floating face down....it doesn't sound like anyone has ever watched these kids very closely,,...
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #919 on: February 14, 2009, 11:52:56 AM »

The Dad does seem like a very bad guy. The Mom probably didn't make much of an effort to fight for custody. This man seems like an abuser. Bio Mom was probably beaten down emotionally by the time they split up. Maybe they gave custody to him becasue Bio Mom wasn't there and the order was made in her absence. The courts here and I assume the USA always rule in favor of the Mom with small children unless ...... fill in  the blanks...
with some very bad stuff.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.