April 16, 2024, 11:46:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 648966 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #920 on: February 14, 2009, 11:55:31 AM »

Maybe you've seen this already but the dad is a very bad guy.  I can't believe the children were placed with him after reading this doc.  These children were in danger by just living with him.

WOW! The mom found Haleigh floating in a canal and had to revive her because the dad let her wander off? OMG, didn't the tracking dogs track her scent to a lake?

I think this story happened about 3 years ago.....the mom said that the dad used this against her in court.....
Oh I guess I read it wrong. I thought that it said the dad let her wander off and the mom found her floating in a canal. 

That's what I read too.....that the dad was the one that let Haliegh wonder off and the mom found her floating face down in a canal

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #921 on: February 14, 2009, 11:59:09 AM »

The Dad does seem like a very bad guy. The Mom probably didn't make much of an effort to fight for custody. This man seems like an abuser. Bio Mom was probably beaten down emotionally by the time they split up. Maybe they gave custody to him becasue Bio Mom wasn't there and the order was made in her absence. The courts here and I assume the USA always rule in favor of the Mom with small children unless ...... fill in  the blanks...
with some very bad stuff.

Usually that is the case, but my ex got custody of his 2 small boys from his prior wife even though the court ordered psyhcologist ruled that the kids should shat with the mom.............he looked like the perfect father WRONG!!!!!!!! He was the one that molested my/his 3yr old son and I suspect that he did the sone with my stepsons because theystayed with me after our divorce. Sometimes the courts DO get it wrong.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #922 on: February 14, 2009, 12:00:41 PM »

Ok, I am going to go out on a limb here, hope I don't fall off.

Today Marie (maternal gm) was asked if Crystals side of family had taken Poly.

She said they have been ask to, have filled out the paper work but had not taken it yet.

We know that Ronald and Misty have taken it. IF one or both had failed it, there would be no need for others to take it imo.

If Crystal takes a poly, wouldn't that tell us that Ronald and Misty have been ruled out as suspects? Not saying that Crystal or her family are involved, just trying to

piece some of this together.

If Crystal and family does not take a poly soon, then doesn't that tell us that it is not needed because they have a suspect, just not naming one yet?

One thing for sure LE is not leaking anything in this case.

Just some of my thoughts tonight..

Be Gentle please..

OS

Also Painter, why has Misty stated she took 2 poly's unless one was inconclusive, why 2?  Also I figure her's may not be released as to her being a minor or no charge of a crime yet?  But there is no reason not to release Ronald's Poly, he stated he passed, buuuttt. 

One other thing I believe it said on that initial police report or somewhere that a tape was taken from the trailer, what would that be and why would they take that?

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #923 on: February 14, 2009, 12:02:21 PM »

Search for Haleigh Cummings puts tiny Satsuma in spotlight

Helen Eckinger and Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writers
7:15 PM EST, February 13, 2009

SATSUMA - Four days ago, few outside Putnam County had ever heard of this one-traffic-light town nestled along the St. Johns River.

Now, dozens of reporters and satellite trucks have converged on Satsuma to tell the world of one of this community's saddest stories: The disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

The fair-haired girl vanished late Monday or early Tuesday as her younger brother and father's girlfriend slept in a mobile home.

Authorities continue to treat the case as an abduction but are releasing little information.

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy refused to speculate, saying: "I'm dealing with the facts."

Investigators have followed up on more than 350 leads and have sent evidence to be tested in a Jacksonville forensic lab.

The 44 registered sex offenders who live within 5 miles of Haleigh's double-wide have been questioned and their residences searched, Hardy said.

Volunteers from Texas EquuSearch -- a Houston-based search group -- joined law-enforcement searchers today and scoured thick woods beyond the original 5-square-mile search zone.

The search yielded "items of interest," but Putnam County sheriff's officials would not say what the items were, who found them or what makes them notable.

Searchers carrying little orange flags -- to mark potential evidence -- and walking sticks were seen marching down Buffalo Bluff Road, the main two-lane road near Haleigh's neighborhood.

"I think that everyone here brought their hearts and determination," said EquuSearch founder Tim Miller. "We just need that little bit of luck to go along with it."

The scene was reminiscent of EquuSearch's work for 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, the Orlando toddler who was reported missing in July. Her mother, Casey Anthony, 22, was charged with first-degree murder before the girl's remains were found in December.

"It's little Caylee Anthony all over again," said 74-year-old Erma Rice as the she sat outside her Satsuma mobile home watching media crews set up for the afternoon news conference. "But here we don't know who it (the suspect) is."

In Satsuma, businesses have plastered posters bearing Haleigh's picture on their windows, and the local Christian rock station, WHIF Hope FM, has taken to broadcasting regular updates.

Outside Mema's diner on U.S. Highway 17, which offered all-you-can-eat catfish today, a sign read "Pray for Haleigh" above an advertisement for banana splits. Inside the restaurant, one of two in Satsuma, Haleigh is the main topic.

"It's been the only conversation," said waitress Kim Smith, 32.

The father's 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, told sheriff's investigators that she was sharing a bed with Haleigh when the little girl disappeared.

Marie Griffis, Haleigh's maternal grandmother, said Croslin has given conflicting accounts of that night to media outlets.

"Why so many stories?" Griffis said.

The Orlando Sentinel could not reach Croslin on Friday, and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, declined several requests for comment, though they have denied any involvement during televised interviews.

Sheriff's officials said they are sticking with their original interview with Croslin and would not comment further on the discrepancies.

Mema's customers talk about rumors heard from friends and what they saw on the "Nancy Grace" show the night before.

"I never thought I would live to see the name Satsuma on television," said Henry Hof, 62, as he sipped coffee at the counter.

Before Haleigh's disappearance, the biggest excitement in recent years was the opening of the Family Dollar store on U.S. 17.

"That's our Wal-Mart," said Rice.

Driving up from the south on U.S. 17, visitors' first sight of Satsuma is Paradise Auto Repair -- where drivers can get "New Tires Used" -- and the House of the Reconciled church.

Nobody seems to know exactly how many people live in Satsuma. The total ranges from 1,700 to 5,000 -- depending on whom is asked. The community was named in 1886 for its satsuma oranges, according to Allen Morris' Florida Place Names.

Now it's a community with vastly different residents -- out-of-state retirees looking for a quiet place to live out their years and locals born and raised in mobile homes with well water and septic tanks.

Several residents said that drug use is common.

"There ain't much else to do around here," said 20-year-old Matthew Ross, who runs the local barber shop with his brother.

Most folks work at the paper mill and electric company several miles north in Palatka.

And, their children were once allowed to run through the woods and play outside unattended without concern.

"This actually was one of those places where you can turn your back on your children and not worry about them being gone," said Connie Winkler, 32, outside the Family Dollar. "But that's changed."

Since Tuesday, she no longer allows her children to play outside.

Looks like JB may have found the place to move the KC trial to.. ugggg

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #924 on: February 14, 2009, 12:03:14 PM »

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090213/VIDEO/902130302/-1/entertainment?Title=Ronald___Misty_Speak_to_Media

Ronald & Misty Speak to Media

Published: Friday, February 13, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, February 14, 2009 at 1:36 a.m.
Misty Croslin, 17, the girlfriend of Ronald Cummings, the father of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings, speaks to the media for the first time about her disappearance. Video by Doug Finger

[
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: February 14, 2009, 12:14:01 PM »

The Dad does seem like a very bad guy. The Mom probably didn't make much of an effort to fight for custody. This man seems like an abuser. Bio Mom was probably beaten down emotionally by the time they split up. Maybe they gave custody to him becasue Bio Mom wasn't there and the order was made in her absence. The courts here and I assume the USA always rule in favor of the Mom with small children unless ...... fill in  the blanks...

Usually that is the case, but my ex got custody of his 2 small boys from his prior wife even though the court ordered psyhcologist ruled that the kids should shat with the mom.............he looked like the perfect father WRONG!!!!!!!! He was the one that molested my/his 3yr old son and I suspect that he did the sone with my stepsons because theystayed with me after our divorce. Sometimes the courts DO get it wrong.

yes they do island , yes they do 

Regrets, I've had a few......
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #926 on: February 14, 2009, 12:15:52 PM »

I have concerns with this, taken from a news report, especially the part I bolded:

Sheffield's mother, Marie, told Van Susteren that the children seemed to be doing well living with their father.

"Haleigh told us they’ve been hit, and stuff like that, but to this point, everything was fine," Marie Sheffield said.

Police had never been called to the home in the past — but there have been prior problems with Cummings, Croslin and the children, Putnam County Capt. Steve Rose said.

"There have been some investigations done through the department of children and family," Rose told FOX News on Wednesday. He didn't elaborate.

Also it has been reported (somewhere) that the mother has said that during home visits with her, the kids have said 'they didn't want to go back'.

On the bolded part above... How could they figure that 'everything was fine', when Haleigh TOLD THEM that they've been hit?  Think of what could have been happening that she may have been afraid of telling about! 

Sigh...

When will people get it?  Believe the children!!  Children this young rarely are deceitful. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #927 on: February 14, 2009, 12:25:55 PM »

Has anyone heard if they have tried to talk to the little boy? Kids that age usually will tell any and everything.I have 5 small grands and it takes them half the day to tell me everything that has gone on since the last time I talked with them.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #928 on: February 14, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »

yes they do island , yes they do 

It's a D@mn shame, but I read a book after learning what happened to my son Every Mother's Nightmare, and in it I learned that when mothers claim abuse during a divorce they are often not belived because the judges think the moms are using this and are lying. My case was different because I already had a default judgement, and then I learned what happened-took another two yrs fro the judge to issue a court ordered divorce vs a marital dissolution agreement. My son's pyschiatrist actually kept my book for himself because it was a great resource and full of info on SO's.

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #929 on: February 14, 2009, 12:29:19 PM »

I have concerns with this, taken from a news report, especially the part I bolded:

Sheffield's mother, Marie, told Van Susteren that the children seemed to be doing well living with their father.

"Haleigh told us they’ve been hit, and stuff like that, but to this point, everything was fine," Marie Sheffield said.

Police had never been called to the home in the past — but there have been prior problems with Cummings, Croslin and the children, Putnam County Capt. Steve Rose said.

"There have been some investigations done through the department of children and family," Rose told FOX News on Wednesday. He didn't elaborate.

Also it has been reported (somewhere) that the mother has said that during home visits with her, the kids have said 'they didn't want to go back'.

On the bolded part above... How could they figure that 'everything was fine', when Haleigh TOLD THEM that they've been hit?  Think of what could have been happening that she may have been afraid of telling about! 

Sigh...

When will people get it?  Believe the children!!  Children this young rarely are deceitful. 

scary isn't it? I read where bio mom filed a complaint regarding domestic abuse IIRC and the court tossed it.

But, as I learned Wyks, children DO not lie about abuse at such a young age, and are often ashamed to tell everything.

[
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #930 on: February 14, 2009, 12:33:33 PM »

When I made my comment about who gets custody, I said usually.
I know it happens and some of their custody arrangements are not correct either.
Sometimes, the one who would have to pay child support to the other party just downright lies and files motion after motion. And sometimes, they stoop pretty low at that. I wasn't making any kind of a global statement.
We probably all know parents who have received the sh&t end of the stick from the courts.
What I was trying to get at is a woman who is / had been abused, like I suspect Bio Mom was might not have had the inner strength to keep fighting on the kids behalf. I was trying to give the Bio Mom some other reason than she was badder than the Bio Dad.
Haleigh's Mumma is going thru hell right now and I don't want to pick on her without having some knowledge of what had transpired in the past.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #931 on: February 14, 2009, 12:38:37 PM »

I know it happens and some of their custody arrangements are not correct either.
Sometimes, the one who would have to pay child support to the other party just downright lies and files motion after motion. And sometimes, they stoop pretty low at that. I wasn't making any kind of a global statement.
We probably all know parents who have received the sh&t end of the stick from the courts.
What I was trying to get at is a woman who is / had been abused, like I suspect Bio Mom was might not have had the inner strength to keep fighting on the kids behalf. I was trying to give the Bio Mom some other reason than she was badder than the Bio Dad.
Haleigh's Mumma is going thru hell right now and I don't want to pick on her without having some knowledge of what had transpired in the past.

I agree~I think i read she was even hopsitalized.....

[
JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: February 14, 2009, 12:43:31 PM »

in reference to the court docs posted earlier the dad had been known to use and sell loratab and xanax.  i believe i read somewhere that loratab and xanax can affect the results of a poly???  if he was using most likely the girlfriend was too.  it also concerns me that the dad is 8 yrs. older than the girlfriend......

i also have to get something done in my house today so i will be popping in and out...

JuJu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: February 14, 2009, 12:59:53 PM »

i agree with you kat, i was not making a reference to anything you said....i'm sorry

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #934 on: February 14, 2009, 01:11:08 PM »

I just didn't want anyone who did get that awful end of the stick thinking that I was making some sort of a judgement. Or that the courts always follow the best interest of the child rule.
BioMom was taken to the hospital, from not eating and dehydration. Big time stress for the GP's too.
I just waffle around thinking that the gf is involved to not. Maybe she is just an air head girl.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #935 on: February 14, 2009, 01:11:16 PM »

Apology, call for unity on Day 5 of Haleigh search

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090214/ARTICLES/902140964/1002?Title=Apology__call_for_unity_on_Day_5_of_Haleigh_search

PALATKA - Marie Griffis, Haleigh Cummings' maternal grandmother, said Saturday that she wants to apologize to both Misty Croslin and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, for raising suspicions with the media earlier concerning their possible involvement in the 5-year-old's disappearance.

"I'm too old to be criticizing the two, because they're still babies," she said, referring to 25-year-old Cummings and 17-year-old Croslin. "I feel maybe I've done some damage to Misty's heart, and I can't live with myself for doing that.

"The Lord knows I want to apologize ... and I want to do it face to face," she said.

Haleigh's younger brother, Ronald Jr., who was with his mother, Crystal Sheffield, on Saturday as part of the custody agreement, turns 4 on Sunday, and Griffis said she would like for both sides of the family to celebrate the day together somewhere.

"We have to do it for Haleigh," she said.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #936 on: February 14, 2009, 01:17:03 PM »

Sigh...

scary isn't it? I read where bio mom filed a complaint regarding domestic abuse IIRC and the court tossed it.

But, as I learned Wyks, children DO not lie about abuse at such a young age, and are often ashamed to tell everything.

Yes, it IS scary, island... and so very sad.  How many times the courts across the USA have overlooked and disregarded things, only to look back with regret later on. 

And yes, often children are ashamed to tell everything, plus many have been threatened with more abuse if they tell.  Not saying this is what happened with Haleigh and lil bro, but will not be at all surprised if we find out later down the road that it is. 

I just wish adults who hear even a lil tidbit of info from a child will pay strict attention to that child's situation. 

stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #937 on: February 14, 2009, 01:23:34 PM »

Well, I know people say things certain ways when under stress, but it really bothers me that the dad's gf referred to Haleigh as, "...that little girl." I don't want to make more of it than it might be, but just bothers me.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #938 on: February 14, 2009, 01:35:05 PM »

Apology, call for unity on Day 5 of Haleigh search

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090214/ARTICLES/902140964/1002?Title=Apology__call_for_unity_on_Day_5_of_Haleigh_search

PALATKA - Marie Griffis, Haleigh Cummings' maternal grandmother, said Saturday that she wants to apologize to both Misty Croslin and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, for raising suspicions with the media earlier concerning their possible involvement in the 5-year-old's disappearance.

"I'm too old to be criticizing the two, because they're still babies," she said, referring to 25-year-old Cummings and 17-year-old Croslin. "I feel maybe I've done some damage to Misty's heart, and I can't live with myself for doing that.

"The Lord knows I want to apologize ... and I want to do it face to face," she said.

Haleigh's younger brother, Ronald Jr., who was with his mother, Crystal Sheffield, on Saturday as part of the custody agreement, turns 4 on Sunday, and Griffis said she would like for both sides of the family to celebrate the day together somewhere.

"We have to do it for Haleigh," she said.

wow~i have alot of admiration for her!

O/T pls excuse my spelling today, I had too many bushwhackers last night Someone really should have told me ahead of time that they have 151 in them

[
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: February 14, 2009, 01:43:02 PM »

wow~i have alot of admiration for her!

O/T pls excuse my spelling today, I had too many bushwhackers last night Someone really should have told me ahead of time that they have 151 in them

Oh wow! I LOVE those! Haven't had on since I was last visiting Florida...that was like 1993, I think...LOL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.