April 19, 2024, 01:35:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649205 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #940 on: February 14, 2009, 01:48:43 PM »

I have concerns with this, taken from a news report, especially the part I bolded:

Sheffield's mother, Marie, told Van Susteren that the children seemed to be doing well living with their father.

"Haleigh told us they’ve been hit, and stuff like that, but to this point, everything was fine," Marie Sheffield said.

Police had never been called to the home in the past — but there have been prior problems with Cummings, Croslin and the children, Putnam County Capt. Steve Rose said.

"There have been some investigations done through the department of children and family," Rose told FOX News on Wednesday. He didn't elaborate.

Also it has been reported (somewhere) that the mother has said that during home visits with her, the kids have said 'they didn't want to go back'.

On the bolded part above... How could they figure that 'everything was fine', when Haleigh TOLD THEM that they've been hit?  Think of what could have been happening that she may have been afraid of telling about! 

Sigh...

When will people get it?  Believe the children!!  Children this young rarely are deceitful. 

scary isn't it? I read where bio mom filed a complaint regarding domestic abuse IIRC and the court tossed it.

But, as I learned Wyks, children DO not lie about abuse at such a young age, and are often ashamed to tell everything.

Yes, it IS scary, island... and so very sad.  How many times the courts across the USA have overlooked and disregarded things, only to look back with regret later on. 

And yes, often children are ashamed to tell everything, plus many have been threatened with more abuse if they tell.  Not saying this is what happened with Haleigh and lil bro, but will not be at all surprised if we find out later down the road that it is. 

I just wish adults who hear even a lil tidbit of info from a child will pay strict attention to that child's situation. 

Well said....even more sad is that courts often think young kids will lie OR don't know the difference  between being coached about something and being honest. My son's pyschiatrist told me it is EXTREMELY rare, like maybe 2% of the time that young kids would tell a story that they were coached into telling, but he also said the courts should see the shame and embarrasment that he sees in his office everyday and they'd change their mind Also, I think they should be able to testify thru a victim's advocate or via video and not having to face the person who has abused them face to face

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #941 on: February 14, 2009, 01:52:05 PM »

wow~i have alot of admiration for her!

O/T pls excuse my spelling today, I had too many bushwhackers last night Someone really should have told me ahead of time that they have 151 in them

Oh wow! I LOVE those! Haven't had on since I was last visiting Florida...that was like 1993, I think...LOL

I wish you'd have had mine instead of me.....my head looks like this now first and last bushwhacker for me, unless they come with something other than 151

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #942 on: February 14, 2009, 01:55:19 PM »

a different perspective on bio-mom.

I think these families have been at each other from the beginning and now it's time to join together for Haleigh, regardless.  Also if bio mom was/is so wonderfull and knew abuse was going down she's had plenty of time since 2005 to regain custody of the children or atleast make an attempt w/the courts, just saying.  IMO she's gone on w/her life and neglected these 2, she didn't inquire about the school situation with Haleigh missing days, she does not seem to know much about the sleeping arrangements or household routines or have even been in the house, they even state the kids say they were hit and than did nothing about it.  She had 2 yrs to take action and failed to do so and I don't want to hear excuses, she was out of that house and out of his control, her children were not.  I apologize if I seem harsh, but I have little sympathy for a golden madonna who turns up when the child is already gone and starts spewing trash about past damages that she could have very well taken care of in this time.  Her whole story about the canal incident, reviving a 3 yr old, where is the report on that?  Most normal people would have taken a toddler to the hospital to just maybe get them checked over.  No she's not getting any points in my eyes.

Also just an aside to spousal abuse, I've known women who fabricate stories of abuse personally and seen it before my very eyes.  I have a particular couple in the family that we refer to as "Saturday Night Special"  a little booze does strange things to some people.  I've always taken the woman's side but after observing a few episodes of this behavior you get kinda numb to those who cry wolf while drugging and boozing.  I mean if he's whacking you, he's also gotta sleep sometime and a big bat is self defense if you've got the bruises to prove it.  I know this is easier said than done, but I gotta be me. There are too many resources out there for this type of behavior to hold you back.  She claims to have a better job, a new house, yadda yadda. Sorry for the rant.  And I do feel sorry for her, but when she grabs the attention away from Haleigh by whinning and not eating and having to go to the hospital, I just want to smack her.  She reminds me of Cindy.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: February 14, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »

May have already been posted:

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-02-14/story/fifth_day_of_search_for_haleigh_brings_sense_of_gloom

Fifth day of search for Haleigh brings sense of gloom
Family, volunteers worried about Putnam girl's well-being
By Jim Schoettler Story updated at 12:45 PM on Saturday, Feb. 14, 2009 EMAIL PRINT BLOG THIS COMMENT Buzz up!   
Video

A growing sense of gloom and hopelessness for the well-being of Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings has fallen over the little girl’s south Putnam neighborhood as the search for her continues into its fifth day.

More than 200 people on horseback, all-terrain vehicles and foot resumed their search about 9 a.m. this morning, with no signs from police or others that anything new has developed. The search for the 5-year-old girl has gone on through periods of rain and dark skies, reflecting the mood of those hoping to still find Haleigh alive.

Family members of the missing kindergartner said they are growing worried with each passing hour. The families of the mother, Crystal Sheffield, and father, Ronald Cummings, remain under and around tents set up down the road from each other.

“I just feel like if we don’t find her today, where do we go from here?” said a tearful Connie Sheffield, 29, the stepmother of Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield. “They been searching so far out. They’re not checking cars anymore. There are no helicopters up.”

Teresa Neves, Haleigh's paternal grandmother, said she continues to believe someone abducted her granddaughter. Neves wept as she spoke about struggling with the idea that her granddaughter may be suffering at the hands of a stranger.

"It's harder every minute," said Neves, 49. "I just trust in God to bring out baby home alive.

Volunteers showing up for the search are counting the hours and minutes that the girl has been missing and have grown worried, said Carolyn Todd, who is with the Texas-based search group known as Equusearch.

“They don’t like the feel of this,” Todd said. “They don’t think we’re going to find a well child.”

Haleigh was last seen asleep in her blue mobile home Monday night by Misty Croslin, the girlfriend of her father, Ronald Cummings. Investigators have said no one has been ruled out as a suspect. They have repeatedly interviewed family members and have also talked with 44 sexual predators who live in or near the area.

Police have received more than 350 leads. Authorities called the Friday's search "very productive" and said some type of evidence was recovered, but they have not elaborated on what was found.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office plans to give a news briefing at 4 p.m.

Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #944 on: February 14, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »

Has anyone heard anything about the visit to the home of Misty by her brother and 2 nephews? I wonder if he has taken a lie detector test yet, also I think an air conditioner repair man visited that day too. Did anyone see Haleigh other than family after school when dad picked her up ? I can't find much info LE are withholding a lot of information it seems.

The thing that concerns me most about it is that someone was able to walk into the trailer, stop by the kitchen put the light on, enter the bedroom where 3 people were sleeping pick up the little girl without her making any noise and then leave without being heard or seen. This doesn't make any sense.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: February 14, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-02-14/story/lonely_little_brother_waiting_for_haleigh

Lonely little brother waiting for Haleigh
Deputies, volunteers search region; 'The world is a suspect,' sheriff says
By Bridget Murphy Story updated at 12:01 PM on Saturday, Feb. 14, 2009 EMAIL PRINT BLOG THIS COMMENT

SATSUMA - Ronald Cummings Jr. will turn 4 years old Sunday, a birthday his family isn't sure they'll remind him about.

Valentine's Day may not mean much to a tyke like him, but today's holiday arrived early Friday morning with someone from his sister's school dropping off candy and gifts from her classmates.

"We love you Haleigh," said a card all her kindergarten classmates signed.

But how do you explain to a little boy why his 5-year-old sister wasn't home to get the gifts? How do you tell him that police suspect someone abducted Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings while the siblings were supposed to be snug in bed?

"When he's here by himself, he's a little bit lonely," his paternal grandmother, Teresa Neves, said Friday of the little boy their family calls "Junior."

"We just tell him that Haleigh's not here right now. We're not going to do doom and gloom."

But there was news later Friday that offered some hope, with authorities announcing on the fourth day of their investigation they had found new evidence. It happened after more than 100 civilian volunteers teamed with police to broaden the search for Haleigh in the thick woods around her family's Green Lane mobile home near the banks of the St. Johns River.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office wouldn't give details about the evidence or where it was found, with Capt. Steve Rose describing the findings as "items of interest." Authorities wouldn't say if the discovery hinted that Haleigh was alive.

But they said state crime lab personnel have made processing all the evidence in the abduction case their first priority.

Friday they were continuing to interview and re-interview Haleigh's family members and others they didn't identify. They said they had finished speaking with the registered sex offenders who live within 5 miles of the mobile home park in the Hermit's Cove area.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy said Friday morning that investigators hadn't zeroed in on any suspects.

"At this time, the world is a suspect and we really haven't excluded anybody," he said.

The sheriff also said law enforcement officials have chased roughly 350 leads so far.

No comment from sheriff

Hardy wouldn't comment when asked about an inconsistency that emerged Thursday in the account of the 17-year-old girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings.

Misty Croslin first reported that Haleigh had been in bed with her before she woke and found her gone about 3 a.m. as Cummings arrived home. On Thursday, she told reporters they were in separate beds.

She told the Times-Union on Friday that she did change her story "a little bit" because she got mixed up. There is another bed in the same room that Haleigh was sleeping in, according to Neves, Haleigh's grandmother.

Neves said the family is standing by Croslin and doesn't believe she would do Haleigh any harm. Croslin said officials advised her not to speak with the media anymore. Cummings, 25, said he and his girlfriend took lie-detector tests and believes they passed. Investigators haven't confirmed the results.

Authoritiesregularly checked in on Cummings and his family Friday, taking him at one point to meet members of Texas EquuSearch, a volunteer search group.

On Friday morning they sent 10 teams of searchers into the woods on horses, all-terrain vehicles and on foot to look for Haleigh. By day's end, Cummings was wearing a T-shirt like one many wore. "Lost is not alone," it read.

Haleigh's father and her mother, Crystal Sheffield, said they were pleased by the support of volunteers. Cummings has had custody of both Haleigh and Junior.

Family appreciates help

"I think it's wonderful that everybody's helping," said Sheffield, 23, while gathering with her family outside the mobile home park's fence.

That was one of the places where a memorial to Haleigh went up. Signs from family also appealed to anyone who passed by to please bring their baby home.

Volunteers who enlisted for that cause included horseback riders Wanda Cassidy, 58, of Green Cove Springs and Tracy Mitchell, 51, of Jacksonville's Westside.

The friends brought their horses to the area to search the grounds with other volunteers from Texas EquuSearch. The group has assisted authorities with cases like the disappearance of teen Natalee Holloway in Aruba and slain Orlando girl Caylee Anthony.

"I was so excited to be able to do something," Cassidy said before shoving off. "You hear about these things but you don't know what you can do."

Neves said her son and the rest of the family would hold a candlelight vigil Friday night, as they have every night since Haleigh disappeared.

She and her sister Tina Belcher, Haleigh's aunt, smiled when they looked at Thursday night's candles still burning below a table full of Valentines and teddy bears and photos. There also was a packet of fruit chews someone left amid the tribute for Haleigh.

That someone was Junior, Belcher said, explaining how her nephew insisted on buying his sister a treat when she took him into a convenience store.

"We've got to get one for Sissy," the almost-4-year-old told his aunt about the fruit chews. "We'll give her the candy when she gets home."

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #946 on: February 14, 2009, 02:19:37 PM »

I just feel like if we don’t find her today, where do we go from here?” said a tearful Connie Sheffield, 29, the stepmother of Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield.
Isn't Crystal 24?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: February 14, 2009, 02:24:01 PM »

I just feel like if we don’t find her today, where do we go from here?” said a tearful Connie Sheffield, 29, the stepmother of Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield.
Isn't Crystal 24?

Yes 23 or 24.  Maybe a typo? 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #948 on: February 14, 2009, 02:29:43 PM »

a different perspective on bio-mom.

I think these families have been at each other from the beginning and now it's time to join together for Haleigh, regardless.  Also if bio mom was/is so wonderfull and knew abuse was going down she's had plenty of time since 2005 to regain custody of the children or atleast make an attempt w/the courts, just saying.  IMO she's gone on w/her life and neglected these 2, she didn't inquire about the school situation with Haleigh missing days, she does not seem to know much about the sleeping arrangements or household routines or have even been in the house, they even state the kids say they were hit and than did nothing about it.  She had 2 yrs to take action and failed to do so and I don't want to hear excuses, she was out of that house and out of his control, her children were not.  I apologize if I seem harsh, but I have little sympathy for a golden madonna who turns up when the child is already gone and starts spewing trash about past damages that she could have very well taken care of in this time.  Her whole story about the canal incident, reviving a 3 yr old, where is the report on that?  Most normal people would have taken a toddler to the hospital to just maybe get them checked over.  No she's not getting any points in my eyes.

Also just an aside to spousal abuse, I've known women who fabricate stories of abuse personally and seen it before my very eyes.  I have a particular couple in the family that we refer to as "Saturday Night Special"  a little booze does strange things to some people.  I've always taken the woman's side but after observing a few episodes of this behavior you get kinda numb to those who cry wolf while drugging and boozing.  I mean if he's whacking you, he's also gotta sleep sometime and a big bat is self defense if you've got the bruises to prove it.  I know this is easier said than done, but I gotta be me. There are too many resources out there for this type of behavior to hold you back.  She claims to have a better job, a new house, yadda yadda. Sorry for the rant.  And I do feel sorry for her, but when she grabs the attention away from Haleigh by whinning and not eating and having to go to the hospital, I just want to smack her.  She reminds me of Cindy.

While I respect your take on this, I was married to a man who had custody of his kids who shouldn't have, he wouldn't let them talk to her on the phone when she called, he always had an excuse, when she would fly from Ca to Tn to visit he would arrange a trip to the lake in the middle of winter .........he did everything he could to alienate them from her and succeeded even when she tried over and over to reverse custody, once the judge fined her for trying an order to show cause $17,000 He did this so secretively that I never knew until we were living in the same house, he taped the phone calls he let her have with them, you name it he did it. I finally had it and would take the kids for ice cream myself and make sure they called their mother. When to oldest graduated HS, he disinvited her to the party at the house. that was the last straw-it was my d2mn house and I re-invited her and made sure my family made her feel welcome. His kids now don't speak to him, lived live me after the divorce, changed their phone #'s and alienate him. He basically out manuevered her in court, but he is in his own living hell now and one he deserves. I won't judge her because I know there are 2 sides to every story, and I lived the other side. 

[
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #949 on: February 14, 2009, 02:41:15 PM »

in reference to the court docs posted earlier the dad had been known to use and sell loratab and xanax.  i believe i read somewhere that loratab and xanax can affect the results of a poly???  if he was using most likely the girlfriend was too.  it also concerns me that the dad is 8 yrs. older than the girlfriend......

i also have to get something done in my house today so i will be popping in and out...

Bothers me too juju!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #950 on: February 14, 2009, 02:45:25 PM »

something bothers me about the tracks fellow monkeys..

http://www.txexecutions.org/reports/368.asp

maybe something like this or a quick get away

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: February 14, 2009, 02:58:47 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand both sides, but she has taken no action that we have seen....that does not give me patience nor understanding of her bringing up the past greviances.  All I'm saying is she's no "Star Parent" herself and therefore has no right to keep bringing up crap that in my opinion has no relevance to this case.  It's all he said/she said by 2 very young people.  And the bulk of the resentment and crap is coming from her and her camp, if she is so bold now, it kinda makes me wonder who's telling the truth. She's putting the stories out there asking for judgement of the Father, so I will take it for how I see it.

You, yourself did not sit idly by, we all play a part in allowing these sob abusers to do things.  Screw me once, it's u, screw me twice, it's on me.  I've been with abusers and my inclination has always been to hit back, so they went on there merry way to find one who liked the game they were playing.  We live and we learn.  I've also known women who have taken the abuse, but the moment that same abuse came upon their children they were outta there, go figure.

Some say there hackles raised on Misty's 911, well I can't explain it but I have weird thoughts about bio-mom and what she is saying and doing does not help my feelings towards her.  She probably has no part in whatever happened to Haleigh, but she is not helping the situation either.  I mean why would she state she has a life insurance policy on Haleigh?  None of these people were gifted w/great brains.
cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #952 on: February 14, 2009, 03:09:11 PM »

http://www.mahalo.com/Haleigh_Cummings

Another video link w/father and gf misty and interview w/aunt and grandmother

I don't think the age difference is that strange, but MO.  And maybe they all slept together till the dad got home cause she was afraid of the dark or just until they got to sleep than gf fell asleep herself.

If my 17 yo daughter was living with a 25 yo man I'd be VERY CONCERNED....MO
Lets face it--this is not an all american family-having said that it does not mean in anyway that this child is  not
as important as any other child that is missing--In fact more so.  The father and the girlfriend look like they both have a drug problem. The bio mom has to have her problems if she lost her daugter to Ronald.  Just get angry when people have children and dont care for them-it has nothing to do with being poor-You put your children first - you care for them-you protect them-you give up drugs.  Love and caring for a child does not have anything to do with money.  Money makes life easier-but it does not make you a good parent.  Loving makes you a good parent. 
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: February 14, 2009, 03:15:18 PM »

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story...

Why Haleigh was afraid of the water....
snipped:

The motion says "During or about the month of July 2005, Ronald failed to keep control of the toddler Haleigh while she was in his care, and allowed her to wander off. The child was found and rescued by the mother, floating face down in the canal behind the house. The mother rescued and revived the child."

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: February 14, 2009, 03:18:29 PM »

Haleigh Cummings Court Documents 1 (1.4MB)
   Haleigh Cummings Court Documents 2 (366.0KB)

they have links there to court docs.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: February 14, 2009, 03:20:05 PM »

Apology, call for unity on Day 5 of Haleigh search

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090214/ARTICLES/902140964/1002?Title=Apology__call_for_unity_on_Day_5_of_Haleigh_search

PALATKA - Marie Griffis, Haleigh Cummings' maternal grandmother, said Saturday that she wants to apologize to both Misty Croslin and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, for raising suspicions with the media earlier concerning their possible involvement in the 5-year-old's disappearance.

"I'm too old to be criticizing the two, because they're still babies," she said, referring to 25-year-old Cummings and 17-year-old Croslin. "I feel maybe I've done some damage to Misty's heart, and I can't live with myself for doing that.

"The Lord knows I want to apologize ... and I want to do it face to face," she said.

Haleigh's younger brother, Ronald Jr., who was with his mother, Crystal Sheffield, on Saturday as part of the custody agreement, turns 4 on Sunday, and Griffis said she would like for both sides of the family to celebrate the day together somewhere.

"We have to do it for Haleigh," she said.

wow~i have alot of admiration for her!

O/T pls excuse my spelling today, I had too many bushwhackers last night Someone really should have told me ahead of time that they have 151 in them

I must say this tells ALOT about the family dynamics.   The bio mom has done nothing but lie & avoid what the real truth of why she lost custody, how do I know this because her own father admitted that her substance abuse problems & not taking Haleigh to her scheduled doctor's appointment (Haleigh has a condition) is why she finally lost custody.   It is also bothersome that this fairly inactive mother is using Haleigh's disappearance more as a platform for her to be portrayed as a victim herself.  If you examine Ron Cummings rap sheet pretty much everything was tossed out/dismissed.  Not so with the bio mom.  In all of Crystal Sheffield's interviews prior to her mother coming out with this statement (usually Marie Griffis was by her side during the interviews) she consistently tried to point a finger at Ron.  The water incident involving Haleigh actually had the bio mother's scent detected at the water by canines.  I will bet that the maternal grandfather had a say in what these two women were doing & urged them to stop because he did not agree knowing the truth.   I have been involved in court cases in one way or another for many years via paralegal, court transcriptionist & then working for a reknown forensic psychologist for almost a decade or in child advocacy work - it is NOT a stretch that a bitter, unstable woman scorned (in her mind) will not go so far as to fabricate stories to get back at a spouse, so to suspect the ex/father in domestic situations as a general rule automatically can be a rush to judgment & a vital error regarding the welfare of the minors in that family.   Statistically it may be true that more men abuse their spouses and/or children but that does not mean that is factual in every instance.  It is very important NOT to have personal opinions, experiences or other cases used as a yard stick when handling each domestic case on an individual basis.

NOW, that being said it still remains to be seen if any drug use or whatever else on the part of Ron or his teen girlfriend actually is factual or not.  As I've stated early in this thread I suspect that Misty left the house when the children were sleeping & left the door open because she did not have a key to the house to get back in - that is a theory that is likely but no proof has come to light that indeed happened.  It is interesting that she now reported that she had visitors from 5-6PM that day, maybe she made plans to go out knowing Ron would be at work until 3AM, BUT again that is only a theory of a possibility that may have occurred.  Right now law enforcement is correct thus far that they have the case wide open & everyone is suspect - the facts will bear out in due time.   Misty's inconsistent statements as well as Crystal's history, the overall long-term living conditions & obvious lack of education/ignorance by this ENTIRE family circle or Ron's possible temperament issues ALL bother me personally.  Unlike the Casey Anthony case which has a ton of evidence what her involvement & past history is regarding the murder of Caylee is, we don't have enough circumstantial or direct evidence pointing in a particular direction in this case yet nor do we know if any of the family domestic situations matter if it turns out that a pedafile or other perp indeed abducted Haleigh, door left unlocked related or not.

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #956 on: February 14, 2009, 03:20:09 PM »

Lunsford Act May Aid In Missing Girl's Case

SATSUMA, Fla. -- The Lunsford Act is the 2005 Florida law that was designed to punish sex offenders and reduce their ability to reoffend.

The act is named after Jessica Lunsford, who was abducted, raped, and killed by sex offender John Couey back in 2005.

Even though Authorities hope this is not the case with 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, they said they are checking all possibilities...[SNIPPED]

Jessica's Law is the informal name given to a 2005 Florida law, as well as laws in several other states, designed to punish sex offenders and reduce their ability to re-offend. A version of Jessica's Law has been introduced on the federal level, known as the Jessica Lunsford Act.

The name is also used by the media to designate all legislation and potential legislation in other states modeled after the Florida law. Forty-two states have introduced such legislation since Florida's law was passed.

The law is named after Jessica Lunsford, a young Florida girl who was raped and murdered in February 2005 by John Couey, a previously convicted sex offender. Public outrage over this case spurred Florida officials to introduce this legislation. Among the key provisions of the law are a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years in prison and lifetime electronic monitoring of adults convicted of lewd or lascivious acts against a victim less than 12 years old. In Florida, sexual battery or rape of a child less than twelve years old is punishable only by life imprisonment with no chance of parole.

cherjers
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #957 on: February 14, 2009, 03:22:05 PM »

Hi Haileigh thread... after 4:30am here, and I am awake.

I have only ever posted in Caylee and Musings, but wow, just realized something that chilled me to the bone.  I had to "tell" someone!

Misty's story:  "I woke up at 3:XX, got out of bed to get water/use bathroom (depending on which version), saw kitchen light on, saw back door was open, then noticed Haleigh was gone.  Frantic, scared, called Ronnie, who was just driving into the yard at that moment.  He said to call 911 instead, so I did."

911 call came in at 3:27.  Ronnie gets off work at 3am.  It takes 25 or 26 minutes to drive the 16 miles, so the 911 call seems to line up time-wise.

But wait.  Here's what occurred to me:

Picture it.  You awaken.  It is after 3am, just about time for Ronnie to come home.  Sleepy, you crawl out of bed and head for the bathroom, and are surprised to see the kitchen light on when you know it was not on earlier.  Now you see that the back door, usually closed and locked, is wide open.

Misty says it freaked her out, and she went in and discovered Haleigh missing, and "that's all I know."

What would your thought have been, if you were Misty?

Remember, she says she awakened sometime after 3:00am, just before Ronnie was due home. Upon discovering the light and the open door, WHY didn't she simply assume that he must have arrived home minutes before she woke up?  He could have turned on the kitchen light, and opened the back door for some reason.  Why did she panic?  Why didn't she first just go out the door and look to see if he were home -- if it were him who had turned on the light and opened the door?

A small point, but it seems like a big glaring hole in the story to me.  It really bugs me.  That's why I had to come here and post!

And while we are on the subject, WHY did he have HER call 911?  He is the father, he is older; she is not even an adult.  It would have made much more sense for him to call. 

But wait a minute.  Another head-scratcher:  WHY was the 911 call placed within a minute of him driving up to the home, if his arrival indeed coincided with Misty's discovery that Haleigh was gone, as per her story?  Haleigh isn't in her bed!  Oh my God!  Where is she?  Wouldn't they have checked outside first?  Awakened the neighbors?  Searched around to see if she had perhaps wandered outside and gotten injured or lost?  Why did Ronnie IMMEDIATELY have Misty call 911 while he raged in the background about how he would kill whoever took her?  How did they IMMEDIATELY know Haleigh had been taken by someone?

And why was Ronnie right there on hand, apparently in the same room, while Misty was on the phone with the dispatch operator?  Why wasn't he out looking under trees and bushes, under the trailer, down the road, in neighbors' cars, yards, etc., while she called in the emergency?

Sorry for the long ramble, and sorry for busting into this thread like this... I was awake and troubled by my realization: that if Misty had awakened at the time she said she did, she would almost certainly have naturally assumed that the light and the open door were simply indications that Ronnie had come home from work -- and this is conspicuously absent from her account, IMO.

I hope they didn't hurt Haleigh... the bit about the blankets sounds so suspicious, too... I wish I had hope that she is okay, but after Tim Miller stated on camera that he doesn't think this is going to have a happy ending, I just feel so sad.

Oh, yes, saw in the police report that Haleigh was wearing pink shirt, tan shorts.
Previous report said a t-shirt and underwear.
Original report said pajamas.
Did I mention the confusing bit about the blankets?

*sigh*

Desi

P.S.  Yes, it could have been an abduction by a child predator -- the area is crawling with 44 RSO's.  Well, I wonder: Would you be aware of that if you lived there?  Maybe Ronnie knows this, and perhaps is familiar with the Jessica Lunsford case? ..... Hate to be so suspicious, but their story just sounds wrong somehow.  I will humbly apologize here to Misty and Ronnie if I am mistaken about this.

Bingo 
BINGO BINGO BINGO
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #958 on: February 14, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »

Isn't Crystal 24?

Connie is Crystal's "stepmother", looks like her father just remarried young.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #959 on: February 14, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand both sides, but she has taken no action that we have seen....that does not give me patience nor understanding of her bringing up the past greviances.  All I'm saying is she's no "Star Parent" herself and therefore has no right to keep bringing up crap that in my opinion has no relevance to this case.  It's all he said/she said by 2 very young people.  And the bulk of the resentment and crap is coming from her and her camp, if she is so bold now, it kinda makes me wonder who's telling the truth. She's putting the stories out there asking for judgement of the Father, so I will take it for how I see it.

You, yourself did not sit idly by, we all play a part in allowing these sob abusers to do things.  Screw me once, it's u, screw me twice, it's on me.  I've been with abusers and my inclination has always been to hit back, so they went on there merry way to find one who liked the game they were playing.  We live and we learn.  I've also known women who have taken the abuse, but the moment that same abuse came upon their children they were outta there, go figure.

Some say there hackles raised on Misty's 911, well I can't explain it but I have weird thoughts about bio-mom and what she is saying and doing does not help my feelings towards her.  She probably has no part in whatever happened to Haleigh, but she is not helping the situation either.  I mean why would she state she has a life insurance policy on Haleigh?  None of these people were gifted w/great brains.

I also have suspicions about the bio mom, fatcatlurker.  And about the bio mom's fiance.  Something just not settling right for me with him either. 

My thoughts on what the bio mom is saying is that it sounds like a very disgruntled ex.  Seems to me, she would be way more believeable if she were to say something like 'yeah, we had our problems back then.  this is what i did, this is what he did.'  Seems to me she's all full of info on him, didn't do much about any of it back then, but hasn't said much that makes sense about what caused the court to give custody to the father rather than her.  They had to have good reason, IMO.  Instead of bitching about what he did years ago, maybe she ought to keep her mouth shut.  It's just causing folks to look sideways at her, IMO.  Maybe even LE.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.