April 28, 2024, 06:18:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 650320 times)
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2009, 08:31:07 AM »

Did anyone see one of the grandfather's on TV last night?  I thought on one of the news reports that the grandfather spoke.  Did I dream this?

No, I saw it too.
Did you get the feeling that the person speaking was asking someone particular to return Haleigh?  I only got part but that was my impression.  Wish I would have seen from beginning. 
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2009, 08:37:25 AM »

NANCY GRACE February 11, 2009

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This pastor and these friends and family are afraid this is just the beginning, praying it`s not, but preparing for if it is. Haleigh`s dad, Ronald Cummings, says he was working the night shift early this morning and came home around 3:00 AM to this house on Green (ph) Lane in the Hermit`s (ph) Cove area of Satsuma. He tell us the back door was open and Haleigh was missing from her bed, so he called 911.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Haleigh was sleeping in the bedroom with her 2- year-old brother and her dad`s 17-year-old girlfriend, who says she didn`t wake up or hear anything.

CUMMINGS: And I pulled into the yard, and my girlfriend opened the front door, and I already knew something was wrong because she`s not up at this time. She told me -- I said, What are you doing up at this time? She said, Your back door`s wide open and your daughter`s gone.

GRACE: What is her description -- what scenario took place?

CUMMINGS: She got out of bed and went to use the restroom and came back to find that my daughter was not in bed with her.

GRACE: OK, what time did...

CUMMINGS: And the back door was wide open and she was -- and she was gone.

GRACE: Ronald, what time did she put Haleigh to bed?

CUMMINGS: She puts them to bed every night at 8:00 o`clock.

GRACE: At 8:00 o`clock. When she put...

CUMMINGS: And...

GRACE: When she put her to bed at 8:00 o`clock, did she also put to bed the little 4-year-old boy?

CUMMINGS: Yes, she did.

GRACE: OK. What time did she go to bed?

CUMMINGS: Approximately 10:30, 11:00.

GRACE: At 10:30, 11:00. At that time, was little Haleigh in the bed asleep with the brother?

CUMMINGS: Yes.

GRACE: And they all slept together in the same bed, correct?

CASAREZ: Yes.

GRACE: So sometime between 11:00 PM and 3:30 AM, Haleigh goes missing. Now, did she call 911?

CUMMINGS: No, she did not, not until after I was there. She tried to call me, but I was pulling in the driveway. So I asked her how come she was trying to call me, she needed to call 911. So she immediately called them then.

GRACE: And where does the biological mother live, Ronald? Ronald, where does the mom live? OK, I think somehow -- I think I`ve lost his connection. Liz, see if you can bring Ronald back up. Ronald, where does the mother...

CUMMINGS: I got you. I got you.

GRACE: OK. Good. Everyone, Ronald Cummings is joining us there at the command center in Satsuma, Florida. Mr. Cummings, where does Haleigh`s mother live?

CUMMINGS: In Baker County, in Glenn St. Mary (ph).

GRACE: What is that, about 150 miles away?

CUMMINGS: I would say approximately 90 to 100.

GRACE: Now, have you and your girlfriend both taken a polygraph, right?

CUMMINGS: Yes, I have. Passed it with flying colors. Yes, she has. Passed hers.

GRACE: And you volunteered to do that and you`ve been cooperating with police, right?

CUMMINGS: Yes. Why not? I don`t have anything to hide. I just want my daughter back. Anything that`s going to help them eliminate more people, that`s the best thing.

GRACE: Exactly. Mr. Cummings, you said the door was propped open. Describe to me what you saw when you got home.

CUMMINGS: I came in the house and immediately checked all the bedrooms, the bathroom, everywhere, just to be sure, and walked to the back door, it was wide open. As I walked out the back door, the screen door was propped open with a cinderblock.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2009, 08:42:11 AM »

Police Treating Disappearance of Missing Haleigh Cummings as an Abduction … Texas EquuSearch to Help in Search Efforts

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/02/12/police-treating-disappearance-of-missing-haleigh-cummings-as-an-abduction-texas-equusearch-to-help-in-search-efforts/

I received a phone call last night from Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch that he was in Florida at the request of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office to help search for missing Haleigh Cummings
mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2009, 09:10:35 AM »

Police Treating Disappearance of Missing Haleigh Cummings as an Abduction … Texas EquuSearch to Help in Search Efforts

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/02/12/police-treating-disappearance-of-missing-haleigh-cummings-as-an-abduction-texas-equusearch-to-help-in-search-efforts/

I received a phone call last night from Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch that he was in Florida at the request of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office to help search for missing Haleigh Cummings

just another tragedy here... I heard the le does not want any volunters yet. This is not too far for us to drive to help search, when they want help;  Maybe tim will find her soon, near that water .
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2009, 09:16:28 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491368,00.html

ON THE RECORD, Feb 11, 2009

VAN SUSTEREN: Since that 911 call, a massive search has fanned out, looking for the toddler by land, by water and door to door, but no results. Joining us by phone is Putnam County sheriff Jeff Hardy. Good evening, Sheriff. And last night, or at least some point after that 911 call was received and sheriffs reported to the home, I understand some tracks were seen, sir?

SHERIFF JEFF HARDY, PUTNAM COUNTY: Greta, are you talking about the bloodhounds and a little bit of the tracking? Is that what you're referring to?

VAN SUSTEREN: Yes, and there was also apparently a footprint in the dirt. I don't know if that was a recent print or whether that was an old one. But what can you tell me about efforts to at least search to see whether or not you can determine where the child may have gone?

HARDY: Greta, we called in a team of bloodhounds, and they -- several different bloodhound units. And they came out. And I'm sure you know these bloodhounds, their noses are very sensitive, and they did follow some tracking, but we don't know exactly how old the tracks could have been. And as far as the footprint that you're talking about, that's news to me. I don't know of any footprint at this point.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. I think what it was, was some sort of -- at least, there was one report there was some -- some sort of footprint or step in the dirt that might have been the child's, and nothing more. But we're hearing lots of different information. And obviously, Sheriff, you're the one on the story, so I'll defer to you on that. All right, in terms of the child missing, have there been any tips that the child has been spotted in the last 24 hours?

HARDY: No, ma'am, we don't have any tips, but we are following up on all leads that we're receiving. In fact, we're in the middle of conducting several interviews as we speak right now, Greta.

VAN SUSTEREN: One of -- the person who first reported the child missing was the girlfriend to the father. Her name is Misty. She was -- she apparently had gone -- she had last seen the child about 10:00 PM the night before and that the child was sleeping in the same bed with her? Is that correct?

HARDY: That's what she's telling us, Greta, yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: Was any -- was the -- was there another child in the bed, as well? Because I know there's another child in the home.

HARDY: No, there was a brother in the home, a younger brother.

VAN SUSTEREN: But he wasn't in the same bed with the girlfriend and the missing child?

HARDY: No, ma'am. He was -- I believe he was in another room, another bed or another -- another bedding area. I don't believe he was on the same bed, no.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. So according to least what I hear, and correct me if I'm wrong, she wakes up or something about 3:00 o'clock, notices the child missing, but a phone call is not made for 27 minutes to 911. Is that correct?

HARDY: Well, I can verify the fact that our 911 call did come in at 3:27 AM. As far as exactly the timeline of when she woke up and discovered the child missing, I don't know. She's saying it is some time after 3:00.

VAN SUSTEREN: Is the girlfriend a person of interest to you at this point?

HARDY: Greta, we're not ruling out anybody. You know, we have teams of law enforcement officers out here right now. We've continued our grounds searches by air and by water. We still have dive teams. We had them out here today. Again, the FBI's out here assisting us with other -- just numerous local and state officials and officers from across northeast Florida. So we're not ruling anybody out at this point.

VAN SUSTEREN: Sheriff, thank you, sir. And good luck, sir.

HARDY: And thank you for your time.

VAN SUSTEREN: Joining us live from Florida, Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, and the toddler's grandmother, Marie Griffis. Crystal, I know you that you're terrible distressed and worried this evening. Do you -- is there any likelihood in your mind that this child simply just got up and walked off?

CRYSTAL SHEFFIELD, MOTHER: No, there is not. She would not do that.

VAN SUSTEREN: Crystal, when was the last time you saw your daughter?

SHEFFIELD: Two weeks ago.

VAN SUSTEREN: Have you spoken to her in the last two weeks?

SHEFFIELD: No, I have not.

VAN SUSTEREN: When you saw her, did she indicate or say to you anything to suggest there were problems in the home? I know that she's living with her father, or staying with her father and her father's girlfriend. Did she say there were any problems in the home?

SHEFFIELD: No.

VAN SUSTEREN: Marie, when was the last time that you saw your grandchild?

MARIE GRIFFIS, GRANDMOTHER: It was two weeks ago when they got their visitation to come stay with us (INAUDIBLE) We pick them up Friday night 6:00 o'clock and we return them Sunday at 6:00 o'clock.

VAN SUSTEREN: Marie, do you live in the area or do you live out of state?

GRIFFIS: We live in Florida, but it's Baker County, Glenn St. Mary (ph), Florida. We live about an hour and 45 minutes from here.

VAN SUSTEREN: Marie, do you know of any problems in that home?

GRIFFIS: In the past, Haleigh and Junior have told us that, you know, they've been hit and stuff like that, but up to this point, everything was fine.

VAN SUSTEREN: Crystal, have you spoken to the father of your child or his girlfriend in the last 24 hours?

SHEFFIELD: I spoke to him yesterday. I have not spoken to his girlfriend.

VAN SUSTEREN: What did he say to you?

SHEFFIELD: He just said that -- he told me he was sorry and that if he would have been home from work that it would have never happened.

VAN SUSTEREN: Marie, what do you think has happened? I know that there are a lot of theories, a lot of sex offenders in the area. What are you sort of -- you know, where is your suspicion tonight, Marie?

GRIFFIS: My suspicions is why is it two children was in the bed with this 17-year-old girl, and somebody comes into the home and picks a child up that's laying right next to you and you don't know where she went. You get up and go to the bathroom and come back and she's not there. Well, was she there when she got up and went to the bathroom? Why don't we have that information? What happened? It don't take but 15, 20 seconds to go to the bathroom, and it's right there in the bedroom, also. So I wonder what role Misty plays in this.

VAN SUSTEREN: Have you ever met her, Marie?

GRIFFIS: I have never officially been introduced to her. I saw her in Ronald's car one weekend when we took Haleigh and Junior back to their dad on a Sunday, and she was sitting in the car. And I don't know who she is, never spoke to her. All I know is Haleigh and Junior told me that they liked her, that she was nice to them.

GRIFFIS: Crystal, do you know the girlfriend at all? I mean, have you ever, like, had any conversations with her in any depth? Do you know what kind of person she is, anything about her?

SHEFFIELD: No, I don't. I've talked to her. She seemed like a really nice person, but I've never sat down and had a conversation with her. And the kids told me that...

VAN SUSTEREN: Marie, I don't mean to...

SHEFFIELD: ... They loved her.

VAN SUSTEREN: How long, Crystal, has she been in the children's lives?

SHEFFIELD: Probably four to six months? I'm not really sure.

VAN SUSTEREN: Marie, I don't want to -- you know, because I'm asking questions about the girlfriend (INAUDIBLE) you know, think that she's the only person I'm curious about. I mean, obviously, everybody -- we're curious about everybody tonight. Do you know anything, Marie, about any neighbors at all, people who live nearby that have shown any particular interest to this child at all, Marie, do you know?

GRIFFIS: The only thing we know about any neighbors is there were some kids that lived next door that Haleigh and Junior played with, and they were seen out playing in the yard around 5:00 o'clock yesterday -- or Monday evening. I guess it was Monday evening. I can't even remember anymore. The days are just running together now.

VAN SUSTEREN: Crystal, the father of your child was at work when, apparently, Haleigh disappeared. What kind of work does he do, Crystal?

SHEFFIELD: I'm not sure. All I know is he runs a crane.

VAN SUSTEREN: Do you know, Marie, why he was out until 3:00 o'clock in the morning? I mean, what kind of work would have him out that late, or that early, depending on how you characterize it?

GRIFFIS: He -- we was ere told he worked from 3:00 to 3:00, so I supposed it's a 12-hour shift. And he's a crane operator working for a place called PDM Bridge (ph).

VAN SUSTEREN: Do either of you know if the girlfriend has a job or does any kind of work at all?

SHEFFIELD: No.

GRIFFIS: No.

VAN SUSTEREN: Crystal, Marie, thank you both very much. And you know, I certainly hope we can find this child. And there's so much publicity being cast on it that maybe someone knows something and will call in maybe we'll have good news on this soon. Thank you both.

SHEFFIELD: Thank you.

GRIFFIS: Yes, thank you very much, too.

VAN SUSTEREN: Up next, more breaking news coverage on the search for little Haleigh. The toddler's father will be here to go "On the Record."

Plus: Do you like pork? Not to eat, but as part of the massive stimulus bill. Well, guess what? A powerful senator says you don't care about pork. What? Is that true? Or is he drinking? We'll see.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VAN SUSTEREN: We continue our breaking news coverage on the disappearance of little Haleigh Cummings. She was reported missing 3:30 AM yesterday morning. Now, here's what we know, is that the father's girlfriend apparently last saw the child about 10:00 PM on Monday night when she went to bed and the child was in the same bed. About 3:00 o'clock in the morning, the girlfriend says that she got up to go to the bathroom, noticed the child was missing. About 27 minutes later, at 3:27 AM, the father in the meantime had come home from work, according to the parents -- according -- has -- was at work and he called 911, and the child has been missing -- or reported missing at that time.

Now, Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, joins us live, along with Crystal Cummings, Ronald's sister. Good evening to both of you. And Ronald, I know how distressed you are because everyone has told me. And the only thing I can hope is that we can at least shed more light on it and get more information so that people call in with tips.

So let me -- let's -- let me try to ask you some questions about it. What time did you arrive home, Ronald, on Tuesday morning?

RONALD CUMMINGS, FATHER: Approximately 3:30.

VAN SUSTEREN: And when you walked in the door -- take me through every step. You walked in the door. Was your girlfriend up at that point?

RONALD CUMMINGS: Yes. I never walked through the door. I pulled in the yard. She -- the door was open. She was standing there and waiting on me. I asked her what she was still doing up, and she then told me that the back -- she got up to use the restroom, and the back door was wide open and that my daughter was missing.

VAN SUSTEREN: Was the child -- was your daughter missing when she got up to use the restroom, or between the time she got up to use the restroom and returned to bed? Did she tell you that?

RONALD CUMMINGS: I'm not sure. I never asked.

VAN SUSTEREN: Crystal, when was the last time...

RONALD CUMMINGS: I'm just worried about where she's at.

VAN SUSTEREN: No, I understand that. Crystal, when was the last time you saw this child?

CRYSTAL CUMMINGS, AUNT: A couple weeks ago.

VAN SUSTEREN: Crystal, have you ever noticed the child wanting to wander off or any people wanting -- in the neighborhood, unusual people paying close attention to her that you thought was peculiar?

CRYSTAL CUMMINGS: No. She wouldn't wander off.

VAN SUSTEREN: Ronald, do you agree that she would not just wander off?

RONALD CUMMINGS: Absolutely. I know my daughter like the back of my hand. I've raised her since the day she was 2 years old by myself. I know for a fact she would not wander off alone during in the daylight, much less at night. She's afraid of the dark.

VAN SUSTEREN: Ronald, has anyone ever wandered into your home, any strangers into your home?

RONALD CUMMINGS: No.

VAN SUSTEREN: Ronald, always in every investigation, the person that people focus on are the people who last saw the child, so obviously, your girlfriend has got -- you know, there's a lot of focus on her. Is there any reason that you have any suspicion that your girlfriend knows more than she's saying, Ronald?

RONALD CUMMINGS: No, there is not. And I would like for a lot of the false allegations to be discarded. There's been a lot of false allegations made by the mother and her mother. And I just don't -- I don't appreciate it. It's not a custody battle. This here is about finding a 5-year-old missing child, my daughter.

VAN SUSTEREN: It's unusual for a father to have custody. Why do you -- did you win custody in a battle for this child?

RONALD CUMMINGS: Absolutely, I did.

VAN SUSTEREN: What happened? Explain -- explain -- you know -- you know, usually, the mother gets the custody. Why did the court give you custody of your child?

RONALD CUMMINGS: The only way I can honestly answer you that without being rude to others is they chose the better parent and the one who could provide better for the two children.

VAN SUSTEREN: Crystal, what's your -- what's your -- what do you think in your heart and your mind tonight as to where this child is and what happened? What makes the most sense to you?

CRYSTAL CUMMINGS: I don't -- really can't tell you what happened to her. I mean, I think someone took her. I just want them to bring her back.

VAN SUSTEREN: Ronald, let me ask you the same question. What's your theory tonight? And I realize this is a very fluid situation, but what's your -- what do you think is the trail we should go down to look for this child? What do you think happened?

RONALD CUMMINGS: Somebody broke into my house and stole my daughter. I know because I specifically locked those doors before I left for work, and my child cannot unlock the deadbolt on that door because I have got the hole cut in a specific place where you have to force the door shut to get it to lock all the way. And I know it was locked all the way. I checked it myself. And she does not open the door for strangers or wander alone in the dark, nothing like that. So somebody broke into my home and stole my child.

VAN SUSTEREN: Was the door broken when you came home? Was that lock broken when you came home?

RONALD CUMMINGS: No. Obviously, a crowbar or something was used. I'm not sure. You'll have to speak more with the detectives about what was used or how it was done. I'm not sure.

VAN SUSTEREN: Ronald, Crystal, thank you both very much, and I very much hope that we're going to have good news and that child will be found, your daughter, Ronald, very soon and in good health. Thank you both.

CRYSTAL CUMMINGS: Thank you.

RONALD CUMMINGS: Yes, thank you.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2009, 09:21:35 AM »

Is it just me and my husband who would be out beatin' the bushes looking if our child was missing?  We'd be out in the dark w/night vision, on foot if we must.

Why is this boy on camera instead of looking for his daugter?

Another poor little lamb with no kind shepherd to guard her...

Foggy

From what I read, the LE had asked the family not to search (although I would have to just pizz of LE on that one myself), and the search has been scaled back......WHY??

LE doesn't want the dad to search, think the reason if he finds the person who took her, he did say he will KILL the person............and I believe him...

And for scaling back the search, something doesn't sound right to me....
Did they find her??

It's not just the dad they asked not to search, it's grandparents and other family etc. I don't understand the search being cut back except that they seemed to be concentrating heavily on the water yesterday and they asked TES to come in.......so, maybe they want to use Tim's sonar and know theat your everday volunteer isn't capable of searching water~that's my best guess and only a guess So sad, I also understand the GF has had a second interview yesterday.

Hope the gf, wasn't into drugs.
Do we know yet if she passed the poly and did they give her a drug test?

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
mariloo
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »

I am sorry but this whole scenario stinks to high heaven.  Wonder if the GF left for awhile and left the door unlocked because she may not have had a key to get back in.  Just a theory.  With as many sex offenders around there; you know they are always looking and aware of what is going on that may interest them.  That is just one thought that came to mind.  I don't believe someone could come into the tlr and take a child that old without any noise of anykind.  If so, the GF must have fallen asleep in the BR.  Maybe something happened and she is afraid to tell the father.
Another idea is we do not know exactly when she was last seen.  This may be a concocted story between the father and GF.  My mind is just rambling and true I don't trust anyone at this moment.  This is just sickening.  I pray to GOD for HIS  will to be done and peace of mind and heart but the human side of me is very angry over the loss of a child.  Like the others stated befor me, I would be looking.  There is no way I could sit idly by.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2009, 10:03:58 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/18697602/detail.html

Vigils Held For Missing Putnam Co. Girl
Searchers To Focus On Canal On Thursday

POSTED: 6:52 am EST February 12, 2009
UPDATED: 7:36 am EST February 12, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- The search for a missing Putnam County girl will resume on Thursday.

Haleigh Cummings, 5, disappeared from her home in Satsuma early Tuesday morning.

Law enforcement agencies from across the state joined the FBI on Wednesday to search for the girl.

The community gathered Wednesday night for a pair of candlelight vigils in Haleigh's honor.

The girl's parents are separated, so both held their own vigil. Her mother and grandmother said they won't give up hope.

"I don't know where she is or who has her. I just want her home," mother Crystal Sheffield said.

"Haleigh is living and breathing. I don't feel there's anything that's happened to her bad," grandmother Marie Griffiths said.

Investigators said the case is being considered an abduction.

Searchers will focus on a canal behind Haleigh's home on Thursday.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2009, 10:11:55 AM »

48 hours pass with no sign of missing girl
Channel 4 was told that that Croslin was interviewed for a second time at midday Wednesday, but authorities said Croslin -- and everyone connected with the family -- was cooperating with authorities.

"Ronald told the judge Haleigh has Turner Syndrome and needs hormone treatments by an endocrinologist. He said Sheffield frequently failed to take Haleigh to her doctors appointments"

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/2005-Documents-Claim-Haleigh-Cummings-Wandered-Off/ecfIOIQdpEyY0r9dGW3W-A.cspx?rss=10

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »

Channel 4 was told that that Croslin was interviewed for a second time at midday Wednesday, but authorities said Croslin -- and everyone connected with the family -- was cooperating with authorities

.http://www.news4jax.com/news/18695730/detail.html

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2009, 10:16:51 AM »

Channel 4 was told that that Croslin was interviewed for a second time at midday Wednesday, but authorities said Croslin -- and everyone connected with the family -- was cooperating with authorities.

"Ronald told the judge Haleigh has Turner Syndrome and needs hormone treatments by an endocrinologist. He said Sheffield frequently failed to take Haleigh to her doctors appointments"

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/2005-Documents-Claim-Haleigh-Cummings-Wandered-Off/ecfIOIQdpEyY0r9dGW3W-A.cspx?rss=10

Turner syndrome (TS) is a medical disorder that affects about 1 in every 2,500 girls. Although researchers don't know exactly what causes Turner syndrome, they do know that it's the result of a problem with a girl's chromosomes (pronounced: krow-muh-soamz).

Most girls are born with two X chromosomes, but girls with Turner syndrome are born with only one X chromosome or they are missing part of one X chromosome. The effects of the condition vary widely among girls with Turner syndrome. It all depends on how many of the body's cells are affected by the changes to the X chromosome.

Girls with Turner syndrome are usually short in height. Girls with Turner syndrome who aren't treated for short stature reach an average height of about 4 feet 7 inches (1.4 meters). The good news is that when Turner syndrome is diagnosed while a girl is still growing, she can be treated with growth hormones to help her grow taller.

In addition to growth problems, Turner syndrome prevents the ovaries from developing properly, which affects a girl's sexual development and the ability to have children. Because the ovaries are responsible for making the hormones that control breast growth and menstruation, most girls with Turner syndrome will not go through all of the changes associated with puberty unless they get treatment for the condition. Nearly all girls with Turner syndrome will be infertile, or unable to become pregnant on their own.

http://kidshealth.org/teen/diseases_conditions/sexual_health/turner.html

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2009, 10:19:31 AM »

A series of reports
http://twitter.com/GSReporters

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2009, 10:45:15 AM »

Was a short presser on fox, Tim was interviewed that's it.......

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2009, 10:46:38 AM »

Btw, he will start searching later today or tomorrow......

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2009, 10:54:52 AM »

Thank you...missed the interview....did Tim need volunteers?

I was reading more about Turner Syndrome.  This is another
article which is from the Turner Syndrome Organization....
http://www.turnersyndrome.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=57

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2009, 10:56:22 AM »

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090212/ARTICLES/902121020/1002?Title=Police__Girl_probably_abducted

Police: Girl probably abducted

By Christopher Curry & Lise Fisher
Staff writers

Published: Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.

PALATKA - Absent any sign of a missing south Putnam County girl, investigators called her disappearance an abduction on Wednesday, two days after she was last seen at her father's home.

With no evidence of Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings near her residence in Satsuma, there is no longer any reason to believe the child wandered away, Putnam County Sheriff's Office Maj. Gary Bowling said Wednesday afternoon.

"We just don't believe that the child is here, so we assume abduction," Bowling said.

About 150 officers and 20 law enforcement agencies have been searching for the child, whom family members said was last seen at about 10 p.m. Monday in a bedroom at her father's home in the Hermit's Cove area of Satsuma, which is about 10 miles south of Palatka.

The man's girlfriend said she woke up about 3 a.m. and discovered the child was gone. A rear door at the double-wide mobile home was ajar, but authorities could not say if it had previously been locked.

During a 911 call made from the home, the girlfriend reported that the door always stayed locked.

Scanning from the air, combing the St. Johns River about 300 yards from the residence, and hunting on the ground through woods and with bloodhounds produced no sign of the girl Wednesday. A young child like Haleigh would be afraid of walking down a dark hall by herself, Bowling told reporters. And, without any history indicating she might have wandered away, the likelihood of an abduction has become increasingly likely.

Officers also said they had no reports of a custody issue between the father and mother.

"All the world's a suspect right now," Bowling said. "We're going to treat every family member, every neighbor as a suspect until we eliminate them."

Bowling's words echoed comments from the girl's relatives and others in the community who feared she had been taken.

The child's father, Ronald Cummings, 24, broke down in tears on a neighbor's lawn Tuesday and said someone had taken his child. The girl's mother, Crystal Sheffield, 23, held a picture of her daughter and cried with him.

Cummings had been at work from late Monday night until early Tuesday. He arrived home some time after 3 a.m. to find that his girlfriend had already discovered Haleigh missing. He works at a company that makes steel girders for bridges, and relatives said it wasn't unusual for him to return home from work at that hour.

Haleigh had been at the home with her younger brother and her father's 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin.

The two children were in the same bedroom with Croslin when she awoke to go to the restroom shortly before Cummings got home from work and discovered the girl missing, officers reported Tuesday.

Bowling said Croslin, like others who know Haleigh or are her relatives, had been questioned by - and was cooperating with - authorities.

"She's with family," Bowling said when asked about Croslin's whereabouts. "We're just going to keep close contact with her."

Both Croslin and Cummings made frantic 911 calls early Tuesday. The Sheriff's Office released redacted copies of the calls Wednesday.

"If I find whoever has my daughter before y'all do, I'm killing them. I don't care. I'll spend the rest of my life in prison. ... I don't care," Cummings said during the call.

Earlier Wednesday, Haleigh's mother - Sheffield, of Baker County - made a desperate plea.

"I just want whoever has her to bring her home, drop her off somewhere," Sheffield said as she fought back tears. "I just don't know who could have done this. It's tearing me apart."

She said Haleigh is a "wonderful child" who acts very motherly toward her brother, Ronald Cummings Jr., who is 2.

Haleigh's maternal grandparents also made an impassioned plea for the girl's return.

Standing in Satsuma - next to a street-side banner that says "Our prayers are with you, Haleigh" - Marie Griffis and Johnny Sheffield talked with reporters.

Griffis, 43, of Baker County, said she believes the girl is alive. "She's out there somewhere. I can feel it. I can feel her presence."

"People around here know me," said Sheffield, a Putnam County resident. "If anyone around here has my granddaughter, just bring her home to me. She's my first baby from my first baby. Please bring her back. ... I'm going to look around hell and half of Georgia until I find her."

They said the family wants to join the police search for Haleigh but that law enforcement officials won't let them, out of concern that they might contaminate evidence.

Griffis described her grandchild as an outspoken, happy child.

"All we can do is hope, and we believe that she is OK," Griffis said. "If anybody knows her whereabouts just please bring her back. We love her and miss her."

The woman said she didn't believe her granddaughter just left the home.

"She's not going to get up and wander through the house and get up and go through the back door," she said. "She's not going to get up and go outside."

Griffis said she wasn't sure how her granddaughter would react to a stranger but she thought she would put up a fight.

Divers have been checking the St. Johns River. But Griffis said her granddaughter had once fallen into water in the past and she believed the child now was afraid to go near water.

Officers confirmed that a dog, searching for Haleigh's scent, had alerted to something in the direction of the water. But they stressed that could have been due to the way the wind was blowing.

Still, authorities have been paying close attention to the river and sent search teams out in that area again Wednesday.

Blankets from the home were used to provide the dogs with a scent to track, Bowling said.

Officers also were looking at a cinder block that apparently had been used to prop open the back door, according to officers. They were also gathering tips from the public. Authorities urged people to call (386) 329-0808 or 0809 if they had information about the girl.

Fliers of Haleigh and well-wishes for her safe return have gone up around the area, including on U.S 17 north toward Palatka. Her smiling picture beamed from a Burger King drive-through window while a message sending prayers to her was posted on a sign outside another roadside business.

The principal at Browning-Pearce Elementary School, where Haleigh is a kindergarten student, describes the child as "a sweet little girl, a tiny little girl, blond hair, beautiful brown eyes."

Principal Debra Lands-Buckles said Haleigh "always has that smile on her face, just like you see in the flier."

Bowling detailed other efforts to find the girl, from canvassing homes and plans to re-search some residences or get access to others that did not appear occupied to checking on the whereabouts of 44 sex offenders who live within a five-mile radius of the home.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the FBI were assisting in speaking or locating those individuals, some of whom live across the river on the opposite bank from the Hermit's Cove area. Bowling said some of these people have voluntarily come forward to eliminate themselves as suspects.

In interviews with family and others who know Haleigh, officers confirmed that all had been offered the chance to take a lie detector test. He didn't say who had accepted the offer.

Although the focus of the investigation is on an abduction, Bowling said volunteer groups will again be searching the area for Haleigh. Some spots that could be looked at will be areas of thick vegetation, initially thought to be too densely overgrown or difficult for a child to wander into.

Officers called off any overnight searches Wednesday but remained near the home from which Haleigh disappeared to provide security. Another update on the case was scheduled for this afternoon.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2009, 11:02:01 AM »

May have already been posted:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/12/amber_alert__search_for_haleigh_continues.html

Amber Alert -- Haleigh Search Expands
Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:39:52 AM

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Putnam County investigators are getting some help with the search of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

About a dozen members of Texas EquuSearch, who spent days in Central Florida searching for Caylee Anthony, are in Putnam County to help in the search.

Josh Duckett, the father of missing Lake County toddler Trenton Duckett, is also helping in the search.

Meanwhile, bounty hunter Leonard Padilla is offering a reward of $25,000 for the safe return of Haleigh by midnight Saturday. (why by Saturday?)

For the second night in a row, family and friends held a vigil for Haleigh, who has been missing since Monday night.  Investigators still don't know if she was abducted or wandered out of her home.

Deputies said there were no signs of forced entry, but a back door was open.

On Wednesday, searchers went door to door in the area and also searched a river near the girl’s home to see if she may have somehow ended up in the water.

According to Haleigh's grandmother, she believes her granddaughter is still alive, but is no longer in the Putnam County area.

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh’s mother, admits the girl has wandered off before and was found in a canal.

"It wasn’t like she wandered out. I mean, we were getting ready to leave. I told her father to get her and put her in the car. I had already put Junior, the baby, in the car. I went back in to get the bags and the baby's stuff. I come out, Haleigh was not in the car, and I ran straight down to the canal, and that's where she was," Sheffield said.

Authorities said until they have other evidence, they are treating this as an abduction case.

If you have seen Haleigh Cummings, call the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at (386) 329-0808 or 911.
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »

Because of the door being opened without forced entry, I have to wonder if maybe the girlfriend went somewhere or opened it for some other reason and then either forgot to lock it or Haleigh was taken while the girlfriend was gone.   

I don't think the girlfriend or dad were involved in whatever happened to her - only because of the supposed lie detector results, though.  If they didn't actually pass the lie detectors, then my opinion will be wildly different.  The fact that they volunteered to take them is a good sign, though.

I hope she's found soon - and safe.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2009, 11:08:37 AM »

Thank you...missed the interview....did Tim need volunteers?

I was reading more about Turner Syndrome.  This is another
article which is from the Turner Syndrome Organization....
http://www.turnersyndrome.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=57

Looking for ppl with 4wheelers/horses/walkers too...
I didn't get a phone number, but if your in that area call the police department or go on Tim's homepage...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2009, 11:15:54 AM »

Just something that nags at me, the dad just keeps saying that the child has been taken, I'm wondering if there has been threats or something that he would keep saying that? The dad makes me uncomfortable, I do hope and pray Haleigh is safe, but my thoughts are she isn't.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.