March 29, 2024, 07:19:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 647543 times)
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #420 on: February 13, 2009, 01:48:07 AM »

Klaas,

Did you see this one

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ViewOffenderMap.asp?oID=FL8989&aID=169547553&at=1&sid={368D3D28-2602-4AE4-9611-9A5E1973310F}&lat=29.573207&long=-81.673051&clr=%23ff0000&rm=0

First Name: Kyle
Middle Name: S
Last Name: Johns

Conviction
Conviction date: 2/28/1995
LEWDLASCIVIOUS CHILD U/16; F.S. 800.04 (PRINCIPAL)
Offender's age at conviction: 24

Source of Information:  Florida Offender Registry

Home Address
212 MONROE AVE 
SATSUMA, FL 32189-2826

Right around the corner from the Cummings residence.

I can't do the map thingie.

I wonder where the bus stop (if one) was for Haleigh.

I remember LE (news conference) saying there was a sex offender within 100 yds. of residence.

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #421 on: February 13, 2009, 01:56:30 AM »

the father has a good size bandage on the side of his neck towards the back. i wonder when that happened.
He also had a blood blister on his thumb... I noticed that in the first interview with his mother beside him and he was on the ground.

hm, i guess they could possibly be work related, i believe he operates some kind of heavy machinery?

just musing aloud, the neck bandage just struck me as a spot if someone was struggling against you could easily get marked up by scratches.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #422 on: February 13, 2009, 02:02:12 AM »

BioMom must have been one bad mom to lose custody of both the kids because Daddy is no friend of the law himself.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3303300&postcount=200

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #423 on: February 13, 2009, 02:02:49 AM »

the father has a good size bandage on the side of his neck towards the back. i wonder when that happened.
He also had a blood blister on his thumb... I noticed that in the first interview with his mother beside him and he was on the ground.

hm, i guess they could possibly be work related, i believe he operates some kind of heavy machinery?

just musing aloud, the neck bandage just struck me as a spot if someone was struggling against you could easily get marked up by scratches.

He operates a crane, IIRC.

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #424 on: February 13, 2009, 02:09:10 AM »

He operates a crane, IIRC.

oh yes, thats right. thank you pink angel. for some kind of bridge project i think.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #425 on: February 13, 2009, 02:49:20 AM »

Ronald Cummings: “if I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I’m killing THEM…I don’t care- I will spend the rest of my life in prison….you can put that on the recording…I don’t care.”

Girlfriend:
"I wished THEY'D took me instead of her, because I could have fought," Croslin said. "She's only 5; she can't really do anything. What do THEY want with a little 5-year-old?"

Who is THEY an THEM? It makes it sound like they know it's more than one.

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #426 on: February 13, 2009, 03:25:37 AM »

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/Lunsford_021209

Lunsford offers support
Shannon Mulaire
HOMOSASSA - On February 24th, it will have been four years since Mark Lunsford last saw his little girl.

"These things, they cut deep. And those wounds don't heal," explains Lunsford.

Jessica was abducted from her mobile home in the early hours of the morning in February of 2005. Lunsford pleaded for her safe return.

"I just ask you to please help me find my daughter and bring her home," begged Lunsford.

The two were never reunited. Authorities later found her body buried near the home of John Couey. She had been raped and killed.

Couey has since been convicted. But Thursday Lunsford finds himself reliving certain aspects of his horror.

"I could only watch him twice. The first time was a surprise, the second time it was an echo of some things I've already heard," says Lunsford.

The father of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings is pleading for her safe return. To Lunsford, it's another distraught father and another missing Florida girl. Lunsford says he knows just what her father is focusing on.

"His daughter. That's the only thing that's on his mind. He's hurting, he's angry and you know these are all words I heard them say about me."

Police say Cummings, just like Lunsford was abducted from her bedroom in the early hours of the morning. And just like in Jessie's case, authorities are combing the area surrounding her house hoping to find any trace of the 5 year old.

As the hours pass, Haleigh's face is becoming more and more familiar. Police hope that will help bring her home. Lunsford hopes for the same. Though he says there's little he can do to ease the pain of a father searching for his little girl, he makes it clear Cummings has his support.

"Just hang in there man. You've got a long ways to go and there's a fight. There's fight and there's a fight when it's all done too. I hope to see you there," offers Lunsford.

In 2007, John Couey was convicted of Jessica's abduction and rape and sentenced to death. Lunsford has since lobbied for the Jessica Lunsford Act which toughens laws regarding sex offenders. It was passed in 2005.

Interview with Mark at this site.

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #427 on: February 13, 2009, 03:35:12 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=131162&catid=17

Search for Haleigh to Resume Friday
Posted By: Gary Detman     Created: 2/12/2009 10:48:30 AM    Updated: 2/13/2009 12:05:07 AM

SATSUMA, FL -- A third night passes and still no sign of Haleigh Cummings, the five-year-old girl who vanished from her home.

Authorities are preparing for a massive search effort to resume Friday morning, possibly with volunteers, while her friends and family are holding vigil by candlelight Thursday night in an effort to comfort her family at this time of uncertainty.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office put a fresh set of eyes in the field Thursday.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy says his team is working with Texas EquuSearch, a volunteer search team known for helping in missing persons cases across the country, to help find Haleigh.

"A child is missing and that's what we're most concerned about," said Sheriff Hardy.

MORE: VISIT OUR AMBER ALERT SPECIAL SECTION FOR COMPLETE COVERAGE OF THE SEARCH FOR HALEIGH

Haleigh Cummings hasn't been seen since Monday when she went to bed at her father's home in Satsuma.

Sheriff Hardy says boats and divers flooded area waterways, and bloodhounds and crews searched the woods again, just to make sure they haven't missed anything.

Clouds and drizzle had the aerial search effort on hold early Thursday, but the grey skies gave way to sunshine and the helicopters returned to the air.

Civilian volunteers have been kept at bay for right now, except for EquuSearch, a volunteer search team out of Texas that has been on the front lines of many high-profile missing persons cases.

EquuSearch director Tim Miller says his crews will focus on the woods behind Haleigh's home sometime Friday and use Thursday as a day to map out the area.

The sheriff says his teams have collected evidence but would not comment on any of it. Hardy also would not say whether investigators are following up on any leads out of state.

Hardy says the 17-year-old girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Misty Croslin, has taken a polygraph exam, but wouldn't discuss its results.

Croslin is at the center of another development. She told reporters Thursday Haleigh slept in a separate bed. Croslin didn't say whether the bed is in another room or in the same room where she and Haleigh's younger brother slept. But the account differs from what investigators said she said earlier this week.

Haleigh's younger brother is turning 4 years old on Sunday.

The white fence around Haleigh's neighborhood just north of Satsuma continues to be adorned with cards, teddy bears, blankets and notes of support for her family and safe return.

Faculty and classmates at her elementary school collected supplies and food for her family. They wrote letters to deliver to her family on Friday.

Some of Haleigh's classmates held a candlelight vigil with her mother's family Thursday night.

"It's not about race, it's not about nothing else because if something were to happen to my children I'd want people to come out too," said Chaketa Jenkins.

A vigil with Haleigh's father down the street is set to take place a short time later.

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #428 on: February 13, 2009, 03:49:15 AM »

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3302189#post3302189

The owner of the mobile home and land that the dad lives in is ALSO THE OWNER OF THE MOBILE HOME AND LAND THAT ONE OF THE SOs LIVES IN!!! Ack!

Here's KJ's land record: 

http://www.putnam-fl.com/patc.inq/pa/cpa2.pl?id=60824

Here's Ron Cummings' land record:

http://www.putnam-fl.com/patc.inq/pa/cpa2.pl?id=92469

Same landlord.

Kyle S Johns
212 Monroe Ave.
Satsuma, FL

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: February 13, 2009, 03:55:19 AM »

Ronald Cummings: “if I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I’m killing THEM…I don’t care- I will spend the rest of my life in prison….you can put that on the recording…I don’t care.”

Girlfriend:
"I wished THEY'D took me instead of her, because I could have fought," Croslin said. "She's only 5; she can't really do anything. What do THEY want with a little 5-year-old?"

Who is THEY an THEM? It makes it sound like they know it's more than one.

I think people use "they" and "them" when they are unsure of the gender of the person about whom they are speaking.

For instance, someone came to my door while I was indisposed, and they left before I could answer it.

(Rather than saying, he or she left before I could answer it.)

Just my thinking about that. Wink

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: February 13, 2009, 04:01:52 AM »

Several Groups Offer Help In Search For Haleigh

WJXT-TV
updated 12:46 a.m. ET, Fri., Feb. 13, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. - As word of Haleigh Cummings' disappearance garners national attention, several men who have been in similar situations as the 5-year-old's father have come forward to help with the search and lend their support.

Texas Equusearch, a mounted search-and-rescue group that helped search for missing Orlando toddler Caylee Anthony last fall, had about nine people in Satsuma on Thursday. The group said it has access to about 200 volunteers in the Orlando area.

Texas Equusearch is known for using different resources, such as horses and three different types of sonar technology, in searches.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

"I've been in the same shoes as this family when my own daughter disappeared. Unfortunately, 17 months later, her body was found. I made a promise to God that I'd never leave another family alone," said Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office asked for the group's help, hoping the new sets of eyes will help lead them to Haleigh.

"A fresh set of eyes, and they'll be able to cover some of the terrain that is very difficult to get to. They'll be able to do it by horseback," said Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy.

Volunteers with Texas Equusearch have worked on more than 1,000 cases, including the search for Natalie Halloway and Caylee.

"We just didn't think we'd be back in Florida this close to where Caylee disappeared in this short period of time. It brings back some painful memories," Miller said.

Although Haleigh hasn't been seen for three days, Miller said he is hopeful for her safe return.

"It's warm and it's in Florida. A 5-year-old, if she wandered away, would be able to probably survive out there," Miller said.

The volunteers with Texas Equusearch said they understand that this is a critical time in the search for Haleigh and they were working on Thursday to determine exactly where to search and how much manpower, horses and ATVs they might need. They said their most recent successful search was last week, when they found a missing 2-year-old child.

Also in Satsuma on Thursday was Caylee's grandfather, George Anthony, who was at the Putnam County command post to meet with Ronald Cummings, his family and friends, and offer any support the family needs.

"They need the community's support. They do not need to be judged. They do not need to be scrutinized," Anthony said. "They need your help. (The) community needs to come together to help this family to bring this beautiful little girl home."

Earlier in the week, Joshua Duckett and his family stopped in Putnam County to offer support. Duckett's son, Trenton, disappeared more than two years ago and has not been found.

The father said he and his family were in Orlando for the memorial service for Caylee, and as they were on their way home they heard of Haleigh's disappearance and stopped by the Cummings' home.

"I know exactly what they're going through, and by coming over here I'm able to offer a helping hand and say, 'Hey, I'm going what you're going through and I know what it feels like and what to expect. Here's a shoulder to lean on if you need it. I'm here and will to do whatever it takes to find this little girl,'" Duckett said.

Celebrity bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who was also involved in the Anthony case, has offered a $25,000 reward if Haleigh is returned before midnight Saturday. Also, a $5,000 reward for information leading to Haleigh's return is being offered by the Carole Sund/Carrington Foundation out of California.

<snipped>
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29171366/

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #431 on: February 13, 2009, 07:15:03 AM »

BioMom must have been one bad mom to lose custody of both the kids because Daddy is no friend of the law himself.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3303300&postcount=200

I suspected he might be involved with drugs.....mainly because his attitude and his reactions remind me of my brother. Also, I suspect he has some anger issues from listening to the 911 tape and the way he spoke about his GF, she seems to be afraid of him somewhat during the interviews they have had together. I'm still supicous of them both if for nothing less than raising the two babies in what seems to be a troubled enviroment......also heard he has a 9mm in the trailer.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #432 on: February 13, 2009, 07:48:22 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492185,00.html

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," February 12, 2009. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: Now we take you live to Florida, where the intense search for Haleigh Cummings continues. Haleigh's father Ronald and his girlfriend Misty are both here.

Here's what we know: At 3:00 a.m. Monday morning, Misty says she found Haleigh missing from the bed they were sharing. At about 3:25 Ronald returns home from work.

Two few minutes later, at 3:27 a.m., Misty calls 911 and reports Haleigh missing. Since then, nothing. The toddler is gone.

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, joins us live, along with his girlfriend Misty Croslin. Welcome to both of you, and, Ronald, is there any update in the last 24 hours in the search for your daughter?

RONALD CUMMINGS, HALEIGH'S FATHER: No.

VAN SUSTEREN: Have there been any sightings and tips coming in, Ronald, anything at all like that?

CUMMINGS: Plenty of tips. Most of them are bogus. The law enforcement agencies are doing everything they can. I think they got approximately 50 horses coming in. They will start doing a ground search with horses and dogs.

They are doing everything they can. Federal agents, numerous different county sheriffs are out here. They're really trying to help us.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, what is Haleigh like?

MISTY CROSLIN, AT HOME WHEN HALEIGH DISAPPEARED: She is a real big girl. She is fun to be around. She is always happy. She's real smart, intelligent.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, is she the type that would walk off with a stranger?

CROSLIN: No.

VAN SUSTEREN: Ronald, is she the type that would wander off with a stranger at all, or is she a shy child?

CUMMINGS: Absolutely not. She is definitely shy. She would never walk off with a stranger for no reason. Besides, it was dark, and she is afraid of the dark.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, the other night, Monday night, you saw her about 10:00, Is that correct?

CROSLIN: What was that?

VAN SUSTEREN: You last saw Haleigh at about 10:00 Monday night when she was in bed? Is that right, Misty?

CROSLIN: Yes, ma'am.

VAN SUSTEREN: Was anything going on with her? Did she fall asleep easily? Was she at all anxious, getting up and leaving the bed?

CROSLIN: No. She had school, so I put her to bed about 8:00 because that is her bedtime so she can get up and go to school, so she's not tired.

VAN SUSTEREN: Were you in the same bed with Haleigh, Misty?

VAN SUSTEREN: Were you in the same room?

CROSLIN: Yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: So, tell me what happened. Tell me, did you hear anything between the time you saw her it 10:00 and the time that you woke up and notice she was missing? Did you hear any noises?

CROSLIN: No, ma'am. I did not hear anything.

VAN SUSTEREN: Have you been drinking or anything so you would be in a heavy, deep sleep all that night?

VAN SUSTEREN: So, tell me what happened. You got up to use the bathroom, is that right?

CROSLIN: Yes. I got up to use the bathroom. I did not make it to the bathroom. I walked into the living room and noticed the kitchen light was on. And I saw the back door open. And when I saw the back door open, I ran back into the bedroom, and that's when I noticed she was gone.
VAN SUSTEREN: And so, Ronald, you came home about 3:25 a.m. from work?

CUMMINGS: Yes.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did you come in the front door or the back door of that double wide, Ronald?

CUMMINGS: I came in the front door. I pulled into the driveway. She was standing at the front door, and I wanted to know what she was doing up, first, at that time of night. Usually, she is in bed asleep.

And she told me that she just got up to use the bathroom, and that she saw that Haleigh was not in her bed. She went to find her, and the back door was wide open, and she was nowhere to be found. She was gone.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, had you been the one to block that back door?

CROSLIN: No, I did not lock the back door because the back door is always locked. We really do not use the back door.

CUMMINGS: Absolutely.

VAN SUSTEREN: What kind of lock is on that back door? Is it a deadbolt? Do you need a key, or is there a know on the inside? How do you work that back door lock?

CUMMINGS: There is a lock on the knob on the inside, and it has a deadbolt also. The deadbolt is very hard to get unlocked once you get it locked. You have to push in hard on the door, and a child would never get that unlocked.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty--go ahead. I'm sorry, Ronald.

CUMMINGS: I do keep it locked. I do check it every afternoon before I leave for work. It is always locked, always.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, do you ever use that doo yourself, go in and out that door?

CROSLIN: I mean, once in awhile I will take the garbage out through the back door, or leave through the back door and take a vacuum and vacuum the car out. But that is the only time we use the back door.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, did anyone come over to the house that evening while Ronald was at work? Any friends come over?

CROSLIN: No. My older brother had come over with my nephews, and the AC guy.

VAN SUSTEREN: What time did they leave?

CROSLIN: They got there about 5:00. And they stayed for about 30 minutes until about 5:30, 5:45.

VAN SUSTEREN: Ronald, I understand that there does not appear to be any forced entry into the home in that back door. So how do you think it got open?

CUMMINGS: I honestly don't have any clue. I don't have any clue. Somebody, maybe a locksmith, picklock artist, I do not know. But it was definitely locked, and somebody came in through it. So I cannot explain it.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, let me ask you this same question. Misty, how do you think that door got open?

CROSLIN: Someone had either picked the lock, they would have had to pick the lock. That is the only way that anybody could have gotten in our back door is if they picked the lock.

VAN SUSTEREN: In terms of where you were sleeping, Misty, and Haleigh was sleeping, who was closer to the back door?

CROSLIN: Haleigh would have probably been closer to the back door. She was on the side of the wall closest to the kitchen.

VAN SUSTEREN: How far was Haleigh physically sleeping from you?

CUMMINGS: Probably not three or four inches away. She was in front of the TV, not that far away at all.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did you say three or four inches away?

CROSLIN: I mean, I am not sure. It was not that far away.

VAN SUSTEREN: Can you hold up your hands and show how far away she was sleeping?

CROSLIN: Probably from both of these chairs put together from my bed.

VAN SUSTEREN: About as far as Ronald is from you?

CROSLIN: Yes.

CUMMINGS: No.

CROSLIN: No?

CUMMINGS: I know where the beds were at. They are about four feet apart from the edge of the bed she was in to the edge of the bed Haleigh was in.

CROSLIN: I was not measuring or anything like that, so--

VAN SUSTEREN: I know you both took a polygraph today. Did they say you were deceptive or not on the polygraph. Did they tell you how your results were? How were yours, Ronald?

CUMMINGS: Absolutely, they did. And it was not today that we took a polygraph. We took the polygraph yesterday. And, yes, we both did pass.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, what did they say about your results?

CROSLIN: You mean that I passed?

VAN SUSTEREN: Did they use the word "pass," or did they say there was no sign of deception?

CUMMINGS: They told me that I passed.

CROSLIN: They really did not say much to me

VAN SUSTEREN: Well, we are hopeful that putting the spotlight on this, people will call in tips if they know anything at all about this child, because I know that you both want her back very badly.

Ronald, Misty, thank you, and let's hope we get some good news soon. Thank you both very much.

CUMMINGS: Thank you.

CROSLIN: Thank you.

VAN SUSTEREN: We have more information about little Haleigh. George Anthony, the grandfather of murdered Caylee Anthony, has something to say about this new child's disappearance. Why is George Anthony speaking out? You're going to hear that next.

Plus, "The Best of the Rest." Britney Spears is back in the headlines. The headlines involve an angry ex-boyfriend, a car, and an alleged hit and run.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VAN SUSTEREN: At this hour there remains grave concern about five-year-old Haleigh Cummings. George Anthony, the grandfather of murdered toddler Caylee Anthony, has some advice for the family of the missing girl.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GEORGE ANTHONY: They need to be in support of each other. They need to be there no matter what. They need to reach out.

And things get tough. There are tough days and hours and minutes. To know that they can reach out to me, to Josh, to my wife Cindy, to my son, other families that understand.

This is not about me. This is about Haleigh Anne Marie Cummings, age five, that needs to be found and brought home to this beautiful family.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VAN SUSTEREN: Joining us live is WOFL reporter Cheryl Getuiza. Cheryl, thank you for joining us.

And Cheryl, I want to just first get this lie-detector, polygraph thing settled. Do you know who has taken a polygraph and whether or not anyone has been found to be deceptive or not, with the understanding that they're not perfect tests?

CHERYL GETUIZA, REPORTER, WOFL: Greta, investigators told us so far two people have taken the lie-detector test, and that is the girl's father, Ronald Cummings, and his girlfriend, Misty Croslin. As to the results of the test, they would not let us know, Greta.

VAN SUSTEREN: What is the working theory of the police? Is it that someone invaded that home? Is there any sign that there is any forced entry, or not?

GETUIZA: Greta, they are now calling this an "abduction." They are going by what Misty Croslin told them, is that she got to go pee, and when she went back into the bedroom to see the kids, Haleigh was missing and the back door was open. And it was propped open by a cinderblock. So they're testing that cinderblock right now. They also took a whole bunch of other evidence. As to what evidence they took, they won't tell us. They told us, though, it is now being analyzed at a lab.

VAN SUSTEREN: I understand there are a number of registered sex offenders in the area they are looking at.

GETUIZA: Greta, 44 registered sex offenders within a five mile radius in this family's neighborhood. They said they have talked to a majority of those sex offenders. So far, none of them are suspects.

And, really, right now they have no suspect information. They're just trying to gather some information from the family. They interviewed them day in and day out, and still nothing.

VAN SUSTEREN: What is that community like? Do the people tend to know each other in the immediate area of their home?

GETUIZA: Greta, this is a very small community. It is very tight knit.

They have been having vigils every night since Haleigh disappeared. This is the third night in a row. These are neighbors and strangers coming together to help this young family.

It is an older retirement community, but Haleigh's father and his girlfriend with the two kids have lived in the home for some time.

VAN SUSTEREN: And in terms of neighbors, has anybody seen anybody stalking or doing anything peculiar? Has the child been out in the yard in the weeks past and anyone has been hanging out? Anything weird like that?

GETUIZA: Nothing to note, Greta, but the investigators have gone door to door to every single home in this mobile park, talking to every single person who is staying in those homes.

And no one has any information. Nothing suspicious has come onto the radar for investigators. But, again, they will continue talking to these neighbors to see if anything has come up.

VAN SUSTEREN: We only have 20 seconds left. There's a body of water close by, right--a pond or something?

GETUIZA: Yes, it is the St. Johns River.

Near the family's home, there is one mobile home next to them. And on the other side of the family's home is a very extensive wooded area. And just past that, 500 yards, is the St. Johns River. For the past three days, divers have gone into that river and done grid searches, and so far, they have found nothing, Greta.

VAN SUSTEREN: How about relatives of Misty who were over there that afternoon? Have they looked at them?

GETUIZA: Relatives--Misty's parents have not come out and said anything. Ronald's parents were here this afternoon, and they are here supporting Ronald and Misty.

But we did hear from Misty, and you talked to her earlier.

VAN SUSTEREN: I am sorry. I have got to go, Cheryl. Thank you.

Compare to previous statements from NG transcripts:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/11/ng.01.html

GRACE: How could this little girl just vanish into thin air out of her own bed? The father, working the night shift, comes home to find his baby girl is gone.

I want to go straight to him, everyone. The tip line, 386-329-0808 -- 386-329-386-329-0808. Let me remind you that every minute counts. Every minute that she has been gone counts. One minute could save her life.

With me right now, the father of little Haleigh, Ronald Cummings, is with us. Mr. Cummings, you and your family are in so many prayers across the country right now. Please tell us what happened when you got home from work that night. I believe it was around 3:00 AM.

CUMMINGS: Actually, it was about 3:25, 3:27.

GRACE: OK.

CUMMINGS: And I pulled into the yard, and my girlfriend opened the front door, and I already knew something was wrong because she`s not up at this time. She told me -- I said, What are you doing up at this time? She said, Your back door`s wide open and your daughter`s gone.

GRACE: What is her description -- what scenario took place?

CUMMINGS: She got out of bed and went to use the restroom and came back to find that my daughter was not in bed with her.
GRACE: OK, what time did...

CUMMINGS: And the back door was wide open and she was -- and she was gone.

GRACE: Ronald, what time did she put Haleigh to bed?

CUMMINGS: She puts them to bed every night at 8:00 o`clock.

GRACE: At 8:00 o`clock. When she put...

CUMMINGS: And...

GRACE: When she put her to bed at 8:00 o`clock, did she also put to bed the little 4-year-old boy?

CUMMINGS: Yes, she did.

GRACE: OK. What time did she go to bed?

CUMMINGS: Approximately 10:30, 11:00.

GRACE: At 10:30, 11:00. At that time, was little Haleigh in the bed asleep with the brother?

CUMMINGS: Yes.

GRACE: And they all slept together in the same bed, correct?

CASAREZ: Yes.

GRACE: So sometime between 11:00 PM and 3:30 AM, Haleigh goes missing. Now, did she call 911?

CUMMINGS: No, she did not, not until after I was there. She tried to call me, but I was pulling in the driveway. So I asked her how come she was trying to call me, she needed to call 911. So she immediately called them then.

GRACE: And where does the biological mother live, Ronald? Ronald, where does the mom live? OK, I think somehow -- I think I`ve lost his connection. Liz, see if you can bring Ronald back up. Ronald, where does the mother...

CUMMINGS: I got you. I got you.

GRACE: OK. Good. Everyone, Ronald Cummings is joining us there at the command center in Satsuma, Florida. Mr. Cummings, where does Haleigh`s mother live?

CUMMINGS: In Baker County, in Glenn St. Mary (ph).

GRACE: What is that, about 150 miles away?

CUMMINGS: I would say approximately 90 to 100.

GRACE: Now, have you and your girlfriend both taken a polygraph, right?

CUMMINGS: Yes, I have. Passed it with flying colors. Yes, she has. Passed hers.

GRACE: And you volunteered to do that and you`ve been cooperating with police, right?

CUMMINGS: Yes. Why not? I don`t have anything to hide. I just want my daughter back. Anything that`s going to help them eliminate more people, that`s the best thing.

GRACE: Exactly. Mr. Cummings, you said the door was propped open. Describe to me what you saw when you got home.

CUMMINGS: I came in the house and immediately checked all the bedrooms, the bathroom, everywhere, just to be sure, and walked to the back door, it was wide open. As I walked out the back door, the screen door was propped open with a cinderblock.

GRACE: Everyone, joining me from Satsuma, Florida, is Mr. Ronald Cummings. He was at work as usual when his daughter goes missing. Take a listen to this 911 call.

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

911 OPERATOR: What does she look like? How tall is she? Give me some description of her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She has, like -- like, long hair, curly, like, curls.

911 OPERATOR: Long curled. What color?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She`s white.

911 OPERATOR: OK. What color hair?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She`s got brown hair.

911 OPERATOR: OK. Brown hair?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes. Oh, my God! (INAUDIBLE)

911 OPERATOR: OK. How tall is she, about? Or how much does she weigh? Do you know that?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Huh?

(END AUDIO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And if anybody around here that knows me has got my granddaughter, bring her home. Just bring her to my house and drop her off. You know where I live. Just bring her home. Just bring her back to us. She`s my sixth generation grandchild, grandbaby, and we want her back. Just bring her back to us. She`s our heart. She`s my first baby from my first baby. I want her back. Please bring her home. Bring her to somebody. Drop her off somewhere and call 911. Somebody`ll pick her up.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

911 OPERATOR: OK, listen to me. I`m getting this information. I`m not the officer driving out there, OK?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK.

911 OPERATOR: They`re coming out there to handle that situation. I need to gather all her information from you over the phone.

911 OPERATOR: It has nothing to do with me driving out there. The officers are taking care of that, OK? They`re coming out there, OK?

911 OPERATOR: OK. I`m going to stay on the phone with you, OK...

911 OPERATOR: ... until they get there, all right? Tell him we`ve got them coming. He needs to try to calm down a little bit, OK? The officers are going to come out there and do what they can. We can`t have him screaming and yelling at the officers whenever they get there, OK?

911 OPERATOR: OK, was your back door locked do you know?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes. The back door always stays locked.

FATHER: I need somebody (INAUDIBLE)

911 OPERATOR: OK, let me speak to her (INAUDIBLE)

CUMMINGS: I just got home from work, my 5-year-old daughter is gone. I need somebody to be here now, I`m telling you.

911 OPERATOR: Listen to me. Listen to me. We`ve got two officers...

CUMMINGS: If I find whoever has my daughter before y`all do, I`m killing him. I don`t care. I`ll spend the rest of my life in prison, I`m telling you. You can put it on the report, and I don`t care.

911 OPERATOR: OK. It`s OK, sir. We`ve got them on the way. OK, can you give me any -- what kind of description of her pajamas that she was wearing?

CUMMINGS: I don`t (DELETED) know! I was at work!

911 OPERATOR: OK, sir, we`ve got them coming, OK?

(END AUDIO CLIP)

GRACE: A 5-year-old Satsuma, Florida, girl vanishes out of the bed she was sharing with her baby-sitter and her 4-year-old brother. Tonight, the father is with us -- he has just passed a polygraph test -- begging for your help. We are taking your calls live.

Back to Ronald Cummings, the father of 5-year-old Haleigh. Mr. Cummings, was the bedroom door open when they went to sleep?

CUMMINGS: Yes, it was.

GRACE: And what kind of a...

CUMMINGS: Yes, it was.

GRACE: OK. And what kind of a lock do you have on your door, the one that was propped open with a cinder block?

CUMMINGS: It`s just a little plastic lock on a -- just a regular screen door plastic lock.

GRACE: Do you know where the cinderblock came from that was propping the door open?

CUMMINGS: Don`t have a clue. I don`t mess with none of that, so I don`t know. I very rarely am in the back yard at all unless I`m washing my car. So it could have came from around my shed. I`m renting. I don`t know if the previous renters had it or what, but I`ve never seen it, I don`t believe.

GRACE: So to your knowledge, you`ve never seen it.

CUMMINGS: Not that I believe. I mean, I may be mistaken and have seen it before, but I know it wasn`t where it`s at now.

GRACE: Joining me right now, Natisha Lance. She`s standing by there at the Satsuma command center. Natisha, what can you tell me?

NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, just as you said, this started late Monday morning. At 3:00 o`clock in the morning, this little girl goes missing. Now, law enforcement has been very heavily involved from the very beginning since the time this little girl went missing. They`ve had helicopters up in the air. They`ve had boats in the water using sonar equipment to look for her. There was a scent that was found that was at the edge of this waterway, which is not too far away from the home.

Now, police have been looking in that waterway. They also have had helicopters up in the air. Eight agencies are involved. A hundred and fifty law enforcement officers were out there the first day. Fifty law enforcement officers are out there today. And these officers are saying that they are pledged to finding this little girl and bringing her home.

GRACE: Back to the father of 5-year-old Haleigh, Ronald Cummings, joining us from the command center. Ronald, the dogs picked up some sort of scent near the water. How far away is that from your home?

CUMMINGS: I don`t know, five or six, eight blocks, somewhere in there. Between five and eight blocks.

GRACE: And has Haleigh ever sleepwalked or left the home in the night before?

CUMMINGS: No way, never. She`s afraid of the dark.

GRACE: And Ronald, I don`t see a 5-year-old little girl picking up a cinderblock and propping the door open. That`s just not going to happen.

CUMMINGS: No.

GRACE: To Joy Purdy standing by there at the command center, reporter with WTLV. Joy, what more can you tell me about her disappearance? I`ve confirmed with Ronald Cummings that he has volunteered and passed a polygraph. What about the girlfriend that was in the bed with the little girl when she goes missing?

JOY PURDY, WTLV: It`s very interesting, Nancy. We have not seen the girlfriend at all today. Police tell us they did interview her thoroughly and that she`s now with family and friends recovering. Look, she`s 17 years old and has been through this traumatic experience. They say that she`s doing fine, under the circumstances.

There are a couple of other interesting points that came out today from the police. One is that -- and you`ll be interested to hear this -- in this five-mile radius of the home, there are 44 registered sex offenders in the area. There`s only 5,300 people in this town of Satsuma, 44 registered sex offenders. So you can imagine police have gone to them or are planning to go to them and find out their whereabouts when little Haleigh disappeared.

Also, you talked about it a little while ago with Ron, the polygraph - - they`re using them on many different people, not just him, other family members, other members of the community. They`re using them at will. The FBI is assisting.

Compare to this:

GRACE: OK. And what kind of a lock do you have on your door, the one that was propped open with a cinder block?

CUMMINGS: It`s just a little plastic lock on a — just a regular screen door plastic lock.

So, where was the baby really sleeping AND what type of lock, a plastic lock or a deadbolt as stated in beginning of my post..........WAY too many questions because a plastic lock and a dead bolt are not even remotely close to the same.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: February 13, 2009, 08:01:55 AM »

I'm thinking the back door had the deadbolt lock, and then there was also the screen door which had the plastic lock. 
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2009, 08:03:38 AM »

It's just too odd that Misty can't *decide* where Haleigh was actually sleeping. 
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #435 on: February 13, 2009, 08:07:43 AM »

3 yrs old. I don't mind talking about it, frankly had I known what to look for, maybe it wouldn't have happened more than once...but, people are too afraid to talk about it and that just perpetuates the ability of these pervs trying to destroy our children.

I agree - looking back I could see all the signs that my SS was a child molester - and that my child had been molested. But at the time the parts did not seem to make a picture. It is too bad there is not a check list we could make of what to look for in both the molested and the molester. We could stop a lot of evil in the world.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #436 on: February 13, 2009, 08:07:54 AM »

yikes.. I see big problems.. her affect is way off.. sometimes flat, sometimes defiant looking.. they better be looking at her REALLY good.. I am not feeling the love for her AT ALL 

I'm going back to what I said last night.  If it were me/my husband who'd "lost" our child,  we wouldn't be hanging out for interviews or lollygagging in a tent or otherwhere.  We would have gone nuts looking for her, and like a poster mentioned earlier re. the lost child on the beach, our screaming our childs name would have continued until our voices gave out and we collapsed from exhaustion.

Its too heartbreaking to even imagine...so that's why "affect" and these ridiculous interviews tick me off to no end...and certainly color my opinions. 

A picture does tell a thousand words (I think).

Foggy

I am not exaclty sure what you mean, Foggy, but my mentioning the 17 yr olds "affect" was mentioned purely from a psych point of view. I am a trained pysch nurse with experience in evaluating people as they present themselves. Notice I have said nothing about the dad. He presented as appropriate to the circumstance.. She DID NOT..why are you ticked off? If I ticked you off, I am certainly sorry, but it is moo 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #437 on: February 13, 2009, 08:08:24 AM »

It's just too odd that Misty can't *decide* where Haleigh was actually sleeping. 

I agree, that is an easy question and the fact that she's changed her story 3x;s is hinky to me.
Also, the father never even mentions the back door with the deadbolt until a day or two later, first it was a plastic lock then it becomes a deadbolt that was opened by a locksmith or someone who is a pick artist. I also question why a perp needed a cinder block to prop the door open, it's not like a burglary where you'd be moving tv's etc out of the house and why would a perp leave the door wide open and draw attention to the fact a crime had occured, he would want it to go undiscovered as long as possible. That is what is truly odd to me.

[
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #438 on: February 13, 2009, 08:09:29 AM »

SATSUMA -- For the first time, Misty Croslin, the 17-year-old who was watching her boyfriend's children the night 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared, explained in public what she recalls from Monday night inside the Green Lane mobile home.

As hours became days following the disappearance, Croslin has been under scrutiny for being the last one to see her when she put the little girl to bed Monday.

Authorities are calling the disappearance an abduction.

"I don't care what people are saying about me because I didn't do it," Croslin said Thursday.

In interviews that included questioning while hooked to a lie detector, Croslin said she had little to tell investigators about what happened.

"I was sleeping," she said. "I don't know what happened."

A pair of her nephews who are about Haleigh's age were at the mobile home where Croslin and Ronald Cummings, 25, live about 5 p.m. Monday.

Because Tuesday was a school day, Croslin put the kindergartner to bed around 8:15 p.m. About two hours later, Croslin said, she went to sleep with Cummings' son, 3-year-old Ronald Jr., in the same room.

Cummings was at work.

Haleigh was asleep in a separate bed by the television set, a family member said.

Croslin said she did not hear anything or notice anything wrong until she got up about 3 a.m.

"When I went to sleep she was there," she said. "When I woke up she was gone."

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office took Croslin's 911 call at 3:27 a.m., around the same time Cummings got home.

Thursday she said she had volunteered to take a polygraph test -- two of them.

"I was so shook up that night, I kept moving," she said of how stressful it's been. "I couldn't stay still. I was crying."

"We have all offered to take lie detectors," Cummings said of his family. He said there was no reason to believe that he or his girlfriend failed them.

He said he is willing to do what is needed.

"If you need to draw blood, draw blood," he said.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy said Croslin took the test, but he would not discuss outcomes of any polygraphs.

"Misty has been interviewed extensively," Hardy said. He said neighbors in the area have been helpful and that families have been "extremely cooperative."

Early Thursday afternoon Cummings along with family members and friends talked beneath a canopy with George Anthony, whose granddaughter Caylee disappeared in Orlando in what became an internationally recognized case.

Anthony said he decided Tuesday to come to Satsuma after a memorial to his granddaughter. He shared lunch and a private conversation for most of an hour beneath the canopy because authorities still had not allowed anyone to return to the mobile home.

"They do not need to be judged," Anthony then said before a bank of news cameras and reporters. "They do not need to be scrutinized."

Their most important strength will be what they share, Anthony said.

"They need to be in support of each other," he said. "They need to be there no matter what. They need to reach out when things get tough, and there's tough days, there's tough hours, there's tough minutes."

Cummings, with Croslin at his side, made his own appeal for his daughter's return.

"If you know anything about her whereabouts, if you have seen her, [if] somebody has contacted you that thinks they might have seen her, just contact the local authorities," he said. "We are trying to find my daughter and get her home safe. We want her back. That's all we want.

"We don't want revenge. We just want my daughter back."

He made a stark request to any abductor.

"Drop her off somewhere safe, call 911," he said. "If you've done something with her, tell us where she's at."

Hardy said efforts are expanding to include horseback searches of the palmetto scrub and pine woods in the south county community. Sporadically during the day, helicopters could be heard circling overhead, even as the search began turning to leads coming in to local, state and federal agencies.

As air and marine searches continued, Texas EquuSearch, a group specializing in horseback searches, arrived to begin mapping out the scrub.

"We'll expand this investigation as far as it needs to go," Hardy said. "We worked late into last night interviewing people."

Hardy said items have been sent for lab analysis but would not say what those were.

Interviewers have talked with friends and family of Cummings as well as Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, 23, of Baker County. Agents including those with the FBI have been tracking down registered sex offenders -- 44 are registered within 5 miles - for interviews.

Polygraphs have been offered to all those who have been interviewed.

As the day passed, searchers hacked with machetes to peer into the dense foliage for signs of Haleigh, helicopters flew overhead and search dogs scoured through.

Near nightfall, no discovery had been announced.

Hardy said no favorite toys or other items of Haleigh's appear to be missing from the mobile home off Buffalo Bluff Road.

"The best-case scenario is that we find this child alive and well," he said.

Cummings has custody of Haleigh and Ronald Jr. and shared parental responsibility with Sheffield, court records show.

He said in custodial court records that Haleigh had been diagnosed with Turner syndrome, a chromosomal abnormality that affects about 1-in-2,500 girls, and requires monthly checkups with a cardiologist and endocrinologist.

It was not clear if the condition would have an impact on Haleigh over a short period of time.

J. Atilio Canas, an endocrinologist at Nemours Children's Clinic, said it would depend on each patient's unique case. For instance, certain girls with Turner syndrome can have cardiac problems. If that was the case, then that child could need medication.

Cummings said he has no idea who might try to take his daughter.

He said he tends to stay to himself.

"I don't make friends, I don't make enemies," he said.

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/021309/news_021309_018.shtml

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: February 13, 2009, 08:18:09 AM »

Just wondering if the nephews (since they're close in age to Hayleigh) live close by....otherwise, I'd think someone had to take them to the mobile home. 

I'm thinking Misty mentioned a cousin coming over . . . last night on Greta, I think.  Just thinking out loud, here.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.