April 27, 2024, 11:24:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649801 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #440 on: February 13, 2009, 08:20:39 AM »

the father has a good size bandage on the side of his neck towards the back. i wonder when that happened.
He also had a blood blister on his thumb... I noticed that in the first interview with his mother beside him and he was on the ground.

hm, i guess they could possibly be work related, i believe he operates some kind of heavy machinery?

just musing aloud, the neck bandage just struck me as a spot if someone was struggling against you could easily get marked up by scratches.

I thought the same thing. I noticed it on the interview last night.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #441 on: February 13, 2009, 08:32:55 AM »

3 yrs old. I don't mind talking about it, frankly had I known what to look for, maybe it wouldn't have happened more than once...but, people are too afraid to talk about it and that just perpetuates the ability of these pervs trying to destroy our children.

I agree - looking back I could see all the signs that my SS was a child molester - and that my child had been molested. But at the time the parts did not seem to make a picture. It is too bad there is not a check list we could make of what to look for in both the molested and the molester. We could stop a lot of evil in the world.
there is a checklist and my son had almost every sign, but no one ever talks about it due to shame, and they shouldn't feel shame because they did NOTHING wrong.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #442 on: February 13, 2009, 08:36:32 AM »

3 yrs old. I don't mind talking about it, frankly had I known what to look for, maybe it wouldn't have happened more than once...but, people are too afraid to talk about it and that just perpetuates the ability of these pervs trying to destroy our children.

I agree - looking back I could see all the signs that my SS was a child molester - and that my child had been molested. But at the time the parts did not seem to make a picture. It is too bad there is not a check list we could make of what to look for in both the molested and the molester. We could stop a lot of evil in the world.
there is a checklist and my son had almost every sign, but no one ever talks about it due to shame, and they shouldn't feel shame because they did NOTHING wrong.

True - that is the hardest thing - to explain to the kids that THEY did nothing wrong. They should not feel shame. But the animals that hurt them seem to be able to make these poor kids feel ashamed.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: February 13, 2009, 08:56:21 AM »

Just wondering if the nephews (since they're close in age to Hayleigh) live close by....otherwise, I'd think someone had to take them to the mobile home. 

I'm thinking Misty mentioned a cousin coming over . . . last night on Greta, I think.  Just thinking out loud, here.

Good Morning, Monkeys!

TCUMom, good to see you.

Could someone have been in the home earlier and left the door unlocked planning to return later that night?  I would ask any adults especially males who were in the home in the last few days to take polys.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
dejasade
Scared Monkey

« Reply #444 on: February 13, 2009, 09:18:02 AM »

Anyone think this could maybe a fake...trying to make money off of an 'abduction' -  like the Anthony case??

---just a thought---       

My boyfriend said he'll leave me if i dont stop shopping..... I'll miss that guy.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: February 13, 2009, 09:24:47 AM »

Anyone think this could maybe a fake...trying to make money off of an 'abduction' -  like the Anthony case??

---just a thought---      

I am afraid we have become so jaded that we do consider things like this now.  In this particular instance, I don't get the impression that either of the adults in this are really devious and clever enough to even try this.  They do not strike me as being capable mentally as that would require a great deal of keeping stories straight, etc.  But stranger things have happened and for sure, we do think these things even if we don't say them.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: February 13, 2009, 09:27:06 AM »

NANCY GRACE for February 12, 2009

Bio mom, Crystal Sheffield, talks about custody and Misty's sleeping arrangement story changing three times.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: February 13, 2009, 09:34:08 AM »

Fiance of Haleigh's Mother Questioned

Updated: 2/13/2009

SATSUMA, FL -- The fiance of Haleigh Cummings' mom says he doesn't know where the five year old is. Chad Griffis says police questioned him in the case on Wednesday.

Griffis says police asked him when he last saw Haleigh. Griffis says he told police he saw her two Sunday's ago. "It was all the same. They(kids) didn't want to go back," Griffis says referring to sending Haleigh and her little brother back to their dad's home.

Griffis says he is praying the five year old is ok. He got emotional when making a plea for her safe return.

Griffis is just one of many family members and close friends who have spoken with police. Authorities have announced that everyone is a suspect at this point in time.

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: February 13, 2009, 09:37:04 AM »

Most mobile home doors make a distinct popping noise when they are opened or closed, think it has something to do with the seal.  Wonder why no one heard it???

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #449 on: February 13, 2009, 09:41:30 AM »

the father has a good size bandage on the side of his neck towards the back. i wonder when that happened.
He also had a blood blister on his thumb... I noticed that in the first interview with his mother beside him and he was on the ground.

hm, i guess they could possibly be work related, i believe he operates some kind of heavy machinery?

just musing aloud, the neck bandage just struck me as a spot if someone was struggling against you could easily get marked up by scratches.

The dad operates a crane. Thats pretty much a "desk job" for a laborer. The blood blister may have come from moving/scraping against a cinder block . I did not notice bandage on his neck, I hope LE checks that out. Haleigh goes to school, Mistys brother and his 2 sons (kids) come over until 5 or 5:30. The A/C man has been cleared. Does Misty drive? She mentioned they(LE) took her ( Mistys) blanket out of the van to test. So from 5-5:30 - 3:30 we only have her word that Haleigh was with her. Bio mom was unlikely to call Haleigh. GF was unlikely to get up in the middle of the night.. Just thinkin' aloud here. I find it odd that a 17 yr old would get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom unless she had been drinking the night before. I don't believe the 17 yr olds story but I don't know why.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: February 13, 2009, 09:52:06 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/18706639/detail.html

George Anthony, EquuSearch Help Look For Haleigh
Friday, February 13, 2009 – updated: 9:13 am EST February 13, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The search for missing five-year-old Haleigh Cummings continued Friday morning. Eyewitness News has learned that at 8:00am crews began another day of intense efforts to find her.

Some key players from the Caylee Anthony case are involved in the search effort, namely Tim Miller with EquuSearch, Caylee's grandfather George Anthony and bounty hunter Leonard Padilla have a been at the scene since Thursday.

Haleigh disappeared early Tuesday morning from her home in Satsuma, about 85 miles north of Orlando and west of Flagler County.

Friday morning, searchers with Texas-based Equusearch will begin a massive search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings in Satsuma.

"We're holding on to some kind of miracle she just wondered away," said Tim Miller of EquuSearch.

Deputies chopped through the wooded area surrounding Haleigh's neighborhood Thursday. They had to use machetes because of the thick brush.

Putnam County sheriff's investigators said someone snatched the little girl right out of her bed Monday night while her father's 17-year-old live-in girlfriend slept nearby.

Officials interviewed 44 sex offenders living with 5-miles of the Cummings' home. Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, begged for her safe return.

"I want my daughter back, that's all I want. I want my daughter back," he pleaded.

Tim Miller said getting his searchers to work as soon as possible was the goal.

'It's very critical to get out there as quick as we can get out there. I wish we would have been here the first hour but unfortunately there's never a warning when there's a possible abduction," he said.

Miller is looking for volunteers to help out in the search Friday morning and into the weekend. The group is expected to gather at 8:00am.

The mother of Haleigh Cummings, Crystal Sheffield, was surrounded by her family and friends during a prayer vigil Thursday night for her daughter. She couldn't hold back the tears.

Haeligh's grandfather, Johnny Sheffield was there for support and to help in the search.

"We don't want another tragic ending, like her to end up like Caylee Anthony,' said Johnny.

The small crowd held candles and came from all over the area, holding signs saying they want the little girl to come back home.

"I'm just here to show support to the family," said one supporter.

HALEIGH'S PARENTS INVOLVED IN BITTER CUSTODY BATTLE

Eyewitness News obtained court records that show Haleigh's parents were involved in a bitter custody battle trading nasty accusations about drugs and violence.

WFTV found out that Ronald Cummings has been arrested several times on drug charges, but was not convicted.

Three years ago, Haleigh's mother took her and her young brother away from their father even though he had custody. Ronald went to court to get them back.

Haleigh's mother claimed to have purchased a whole-life insurance policy for her and the children. However, investigators said they have no information about the policy.

Ronald Cummings said her disappearance has nothing to do with the custody dispute.
MsJackie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #451 on: February 13, 2009, 09:56:15 AM »

I understand the father and 17 yr. old had only been together for 3-4 months.  Who babysat before he met her, maybe they had access to the home ... the door thing bothers me so much... what if someone actually came in thru a window and left thru the door,  and another thing i thought about the dogs following her scent to the waters edge, maybe she was taken away by a small boat.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #452 on: February 13, 2009, 10:01:35 AM »

I understand the father and 17 yr. old had only been together for 3-4 months.  Who babysat before he met her, maybe they had access to the home ... the door thing bothers me so much... what if someone actually came in thru a window and left thru the door,  and another thing i thought about the dogs following her scent to the waters edge, maybe she was taken away by a small boat.

Don't think, whoever came in threw the window.
Why would the cinder block holding the door open, be there?

We need facts about who's dna/finger prints from the block.
Need everyone routine, including the neighbors..

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: February 13, 2009, 10:04:34 AM »

Fiance of Haleigh's Mother Questioned

Updated: 2/13/2009

SATSUMA, FL -- The fiance of Haleigh Cummings' mom says he doesn't know where the five year old is. Chad Griffis says police questioned him in the case on Wednesday.

Griffis says police asked him when he last saw Haleigh. Griffis says he told police he saw her two Sunday's ago. "It was all the same. They(kids) didn't want to go back," Griffis says referring to sending Haleigh and her little brother back to their dad's home.

Griffis says he is praying the five year old is ok. He got emotional when making a plea for her safe return.

Griffis is just one of many family members and close friends who have spoken with police. Authorities have announced that everyone is a suspect at this point in time.

Chad's myspace.  Seems like a nice guy in the photos.  Also if you go through friends of Chad's you will find more pics of Christal and she seems perfectly normal and nice. 

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=418138401

Chad and Christal

From friend Sara  - a birthday party pic of Haleigh

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #454 on: February 13, 2009, 10:08:45 AM »

Candles raised in vigils for Haleigh

BY KRISTIN CHAMBERS
Published: Friday, February 13, 2009 12:30 AM EST
Palatka Daily News

SATSUMA - Dozens of candles flickered through Thursday evening as a pair of vigils were held in hope of guiding Haleigh Cummings home.

Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh's mother, held the first public vigil at 7:30 p.m. near the entrance of River Villas. Teddy bears and handmade signs displaying support for the family lined the fence as grieving friends and family wept over the unresolved case.

Pastor Thomas Pratt, of God's Miracle Ministries of Seville, led the group in prayer and passages from the Bible.

"I pray for this girl, and that God would bring her home safe," Pratt said. "If I didn't believe it, I wouldn't say it."

Approximately 30 people gathered in a circle under a donated tent to comfort the family and pray for Haleigh's safe return at the first vigil, which could be seen clearly from the road.

After prayers, the group sang popular hymns including "Amazing Grace."

Johnny Sheffield, Haleigh's grandfather, encouraged the public to do whatever they could to find the girl.

"If people would just get out, look in your back yards, get out your flashlight, look under your trailer, in your shed, look everywhere you can- just help us out," Sheffield said. "We don't want a tragic ending like the Caylee Anthony story. She's our Haleigh bug - we want her home."

Approximately an hour later, a second vigil took place just a short distance down the road.

The father's side of the family and friends gathered under a tent loaned by Watts Funeral Home, while a television projected a local news station in the background.

Jamie Watts, owner of the funeral home, donated buttons and T-shirts to the family with Haleigh's picture on the front.

"We want to reach out to them any way we can," Watts said. "I went into my 3-year-old daughter's room three times last night just to check on her and make sure she was OK. My heart goes out to them."

About 50 people gathered in a circle on the street holding candles and each other, while Pastor Dave Speddon of Living Hope Family Worship Center led the prayer.

"We just trust that God is going to bring Haleigh home safely, and bring encouragement to the family to stay strong," Speddon said. "You have to hang on to hope. If you don't, you give up, and there's no strength in that."

Speddon proudly spoke of the community when asked about how the local public was handling the situation.

"This is a very tight community, and it doesn't surprise me they're coming out and stepping up to support the family. It's just kind of who we are around here."

A vigil will be held at Dunns Creek Baptist Church on Tuesday if Haleigh is not yet found.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #455 on: February 13, 2009, 10:10:05 AM »

If Ronald operates a crane then he's likely taken a drug test, at some point in time, it's universally required to meet OSHA regs for public or private companies.

Klaas I sent you a search, didn't have time to review in detail but did see someone on that list with drug charges but no conviction - it's in your mailbox.

I continue to stand with the girl.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #456 on: February 13, 2009, 10:35:07 AM »

I've been thinking about this cinder block holding the door also and my thoughts are this:  If the night was windy, it would stop the door from slamming or if the door jamb was tightened to swing closed quickly like we do for pets a cinder block would help keep it open and quiet.  Also it would ease the "picking of the lock or aide an unfamiliar person w/ a key to open it and assure a quiet exit while carrying a small child back out.  It fits with an abduction to me as does the kitchen light on if they already had the child and knew the other 2 were sound asleep.  Also if Misty is telling the truth, something did wake her up whether it was to pee or some internal alarm that went off, she did wake up and notice Haleigh gone. 
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #457 on: February 13, 2009, 10:44:11 AM »

yikes.. I see big problems.. her affect is way off.. sometimes flat, sometimes defiant looking.. they better be looking at her REALLY good.. I am not feeling the love for her AT ALL 

I'm going back to what I said last night.  If it were me/my husband who'd "lost" our child,  we wouldn't be hanging out for interviews or lollygagging in a tent or otherwhere.  We would have gone nuts looking for her, and like a poster mentioned earlier re. the lost child on the beach, our screaming our childs name would have continued until our voices gave out and we collapsed from exhaustion.

Its too heartbreaking to even imagine...so that's why "affect" and these ridiculous interviews tick me off to no end...and certainly color my opinions. 

A picture does tell a thousand words (I think).

Foggy

I am not exaclty sure what you mean, Foggy, but my mentioning the 17 yr olds "affect" was mentioned purely from a psych point of view. I am a trained pysch nurse with experience in evaluating people as they present themselves. Notice I have said nothing about the dad. He presented as appropriate to the circumstance.. She DID NOT..why are you ticked off? If I ticked you off, I am certainly sorry, but it is moo 

Flamon, ita with you.  But what irks me (aka ticks me off ) is that the principals are standing around doing interviews when imo they should be out beating the bushes.  That's all. And as re. the 17 y/o, in the couple of interviews I have seen I also found her a bit "off"--whether one refers to her affect, demeanor, attitude etc. doesn't much matter to me.  In one of the interviews I saw a younger version of Susan Smith.  Another interview I saw didn't change that impression so I'm still wary of the 17 y/o.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Back to catching up...
supersleuth99
Scared Monkey

« Reply #458 on: February 13, 2009, 10:56:20 AM »

If you go to Putnam County Fl. court records.  Do a search on cummings% scroll down to Ronald Lemyles Cummings..there is a record a long court battle that includes violence toward children, domestic violence, parenting classes,  children removed from home and on Feb. 9th 2009 there is a CONTEMPT OF COURT filed.  So Feb. 10th on the heals of the "contempt of court" the daughter is missing. Could this be a coincidence?

Also Fox news had the police report and Ronald Cummings called his girlfriend a "DUMB BIT...H" to the police.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #459 on: February 13, 2009, 11:03:33 AM »

If you go to Putnam County Fl. court records.  Do a search on cummings% scroll down to Ronald Lemyles Cummings..there is a record a long court battle that includes violence toward children, domestic violence, parenting classes,  children removed from home and on Feb. 9th 2009 there is a CONTEMPT OF COURT filed.  So Feb. 10th on the heals of the "contempt of court" the daughter is missing. Could this be a coincidence?

Also Fox news had the police report and Ronald Cummings called his girlfriend a "DUMB BIT...H" to the police.
I do not believe this is a coincidence. I'm having bad feelings about the dad and girlfriend.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.