April 27, 2024, 04:57:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649958 times)
kitkat53
Scared Monkey

« Reply #740 on: February 13, 2009, 10:39:20 PM »

Going with the clues so far....AC man was there about 5pm.  Maybe the AC wasn't working so Misty propped open the back door to get some air.  She was doing laundry by the back door she said.  For some reason she fell asleep and didn't wake up until after dark.  In the mean time Haleigh went out the back door to a pond.  On Nancy Grace tonight it was stated that the dogs followed Haleigh's scent to the pond and there was a child's footprint there.  I don't know if the pond is connected to the river, but LE is focused on the river. 
It seems like Misty can't get her story straight about the bed and what Haleigh was wearing...tan shorts vs no shorts.

Welcome SS99
I think if she would have crashed Ronnie Jr would have followed his sister outside. Propping the back door open for air would make sense though if the A/C wasn't working. IS IT POSSIBLE some sicko got in the house then and hid until everyone was asleep? It's still pretty ballsy but I think peds get transfixed on certain kids and stalk and plot so maybe.
I remember hearing  ( not sure if it was on NG or JVM ) that Haleigh was terrified of the river because she had had an accident there, where she needed to be resuscitated and so they don't think that if she left the house on her own that she would have gone to the river.

“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.”

Abraham Lincoln
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #741 on: February 13, 2009, 10:40:48 PM »

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/Volunteers-Turned-Away-From-Search/oamA7eW5HEywT3rjpAAxjQ.cspx

Volunteers Turned Away From Search  Reported by: Cathi Carson
Email: ccarson@tvjaxfl.com
Last Update: 7:48 pm 

Print Story | Email Story     

Alex Weber and his fellow Urban Search and Rescue team came from Hilton Head to try and help search for Haleigh Cummings.  But when they arrived they were told they couldn't join the effort.

Investigators say liability and safety issues make it impossible to allow uninvited volunteers to take part in the search.  And at this point they have plenty of help.  There were more than 200 volunteers searching the woods along side horses. 

This is so SAD!!  IMO, no professional search team ought to ever be turned away, no matter what!  Am not so sure that all 200 of their volunteers already "invited" have more experience and training than the pro search team! 

This isn't the first missing person's case where the investigators have turned away professional search and rescue teams.  It just burns me up each time that it's done. 

We had a local young man go missing, my son's best friend.  LE and their slew of untrained volunteers looked for all of a week for this young man, then called off the search.  Several months later, it took a man who lived hours away, volunteering his cadaver dog and self, all of less than a day to find his body.  I say GOD BLESS any pro search team willing and able to get involved, and it should be a crime to turn them away! 

IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #742 on: February 13, 2009, 10:41:46 PM »

Hi Monkeys...

I don't know if this has been posted her yet, this came from a poster at JQ, it is the initial police report:
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/02/13/putnam.pdf

It says she told cops she(gf) got up TO GET A DRINK OF WATER!!! I think there are other dicrepencies as well. Also I think IM posted a link to firstcoastalnews. There is a chat on the side  of the live report and several peeps alleging to be locals and neighbors gave insight to the case. These peeps do drugs, yes folks, DRUGS  , ( I am being funny here sorry if I offend). One said Misty was a druggie, one suspected the drug dealer did it ( but really WHAT drug dealer would want a kid unless he was a ped on the side). Anyhoo.... A MR ODOM was also posting info and now I see that a Lt. Teresa Odom is listed on the report..... I just wish I could remember what the hell he was alluding to 

Thanks, leslee, for this report link. I had not seen it yet.

I also have never heard of Turner Syndrome, an affliction suffered by Haleigh until just now.

About the water/bathroom connection: maybe she went (or was going to go) to the bathroom to get a glass of water. Some people keep a water glass on their sink for that.

*shrug*

Hi Brandi...YW. My Aunt had Turner Syndrome but I really didn't read up on it until Haleigh. I just find it odd that the gf tells LE at first she got up to get a drink and then changes to the bathroom. Did she maybe think who gets up in the middle of the night to get a drink?? And changed her story? The only time I get up for a drink is if I had pizza for dinner or I really can't sleep ( and then it isn't water)
kitkat53
Scared Monkey

« Reply #743 on: February 13, 2009, 10:42:06 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybLiwshayRo

Link to Haleigh's grandmother talking about the previous accident at the river.

Abraham Lincoln
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #744 on: February 13, 2009, 10:52:02 PM »

Have we heard yet if Haleigh went to school Monday, Have we heard what the man that came to fix the AC had to say about if Haleigh was there or not, have they talked to the cousin that was visiting Monday evening, these are what Im waiting forbecause at least then we will know for a fact that Haleigh was there up to a certain time.......I dont feel good about all this, a lot of time has passed now and it doesnt look good to me.......

Murt and KFN and George need to stay home and leave this up to the proffessionals, IMO......

LP offering the reward is all that he needs to do also, and he could have done that without going there!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #745 on: February 13, 2009, 10:54:28 PM »

Have we heard yet if Haleigh went to school Monday, Have we heard what the man that came to fix the AC had to say about if Haleigh was there or not, have they talked to the cousin that was visiting Monday evening, these are what Im waiting forbecause at least then we will know for a fact that Haleigh was there up to a certain time.......I dont feel good about all this, a lot of time has passed now and it doesnt look good to me.......

Murt and KFN and George need to stay home and leave this up to the proffessionals, IMO......

LP offering the reward is all that he needs to do also, and he could have done that without going there!

Of the things you've asked, all I've heard so far is that LE reported that the AC guy checked out ok, they have no concerns there. 

I agree with you, after this amount of time, it doesn't look good. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #746 on: February 13, 2009, 10:55:48 PM »

i live near where joseph duncan abducted and killed the family and did horrific things to the children that he abducted.... it is a really OUT of the way place... but near a freeway... and apparently he just watched like the freakazoid predator that he was ...and saw the children....

yall wouldnt BELIEVE how wierd of a spot it is that they were taken from.. totally not somewhere you would think your kiddos wouldnt be safe...

i am always freaked out by these seemingly unbelievable abductions ....
yet the predators watch and wait and look for an opportunity...

gah!

It is a weird spot. Guess he saw them from the freeway. I get sad when Ive driven by there. Little white house in the bushes all boarded up and knowing what happened there makes me feel ill.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: February 13, 2009, 11:00:06 PM »

My sister called today and she thinks the 17 had another boy friend who was more interested in the baby, came to visit while first boyfriend was at work, and took baby.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: February 13, 2009, 11:02:40 PM »

i live near where joseph duncan abducted and killed the family and did horrific things to the children that he abducted.... it is a really OUT of the way place... but near a freeway... and apparently he just watched like the freakazoid predator that he was ...and saw the children....

yall wouldnt BELIEVE how wierd of a spot it is that they were taken from.. totally not somewhere you would think your kiddos wouldnt be safe...

i am always freaked out by these seemingly unbelievable abductions ....
yet the predators watch and wait and look for an opportunity...

gah!

It is a weird spot. Guess he saw them from the freeway. I get sad when Ive driven by there. Little white house in the bushes all boarded up and knowing what happened there makes me feel ill.

This case is just getting scarier by the minute. I am so afraid now that there won't be a happy ending.

O/T: mtnmom, I left you a post on page 24 of the thread in my sig line.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #749 on: February 13, 2009, 11:06:36 PM »

::MonkeyConfused::Hi Monkeys...been reading to catch up and saw the police report.Did I see the mother's age right???????She is only 19??With 3 kids??

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #750 on: February 13, 2009, 11:07:48 PM »

Of the things you've asked, all I've heard so far is that LE reported that the AC guy checked out ok, they have no concerns there. 

I agree with you, after this amount of time, it doesn't look good. 

Oh  Hi Wyks, sorry I was reading my E-Mails from fellow Monkeys,
    Yes I think that too much time has passed and with the reward that LP offered on the table, it just looks like if someone thought they could get that money they would came running for it, something bad happened, and it does not look good to me!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #751 on: February 13, 2009, 11:08:43 PM »

::MonkeyConfused::Hi Monkeys...been reading to catch up and saw the police report.Did I see the mother's age right???????She is only 19??With 3 kids??
NO  the Mother is 23...

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: February 13, 2009, 11:10:20 PM »

Born in 1989, it says. Good point. She was 14 when Haleigh was born?!

I had read somewhere else that she was 23.

Maybe this is a mistake.

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #753 on: February 13, 2009, 11:10:21 PM »

I dreamed about her last nite.  I dreamed that an older male with white hair and a thin face and glasses took her.  And they willl find a tiny shoe that belongs to her.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #754 on: February 13, 2009, 11:11:07 PM »

NO  the Mother is 23...

Thanks HH, I could have sworn it said 19.....I about fell out of the chair.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: February 13, 2009, 11:15:26 PM »

NO  the Mother is 23...

Thanks HH, I could have sworn it said 19.....I about fell out of the chair.

It DID say 19! Listed her DOB as 8-30-1989.

You were not seeing things. I just think it was wrong. Should have said 1985.

Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #756 on: February 13, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/Volunteers-Turned-Away-From-Search/oamA7eW5HEywT3rjpAAxjQ.cspx

Volunteers Turned Away From Search  Reported by: Cathi Carson
Email: ccarson@tvjaxfl.com
Last Update: 7:48 pm 

Print Story | Email Story     

Alex Weber and his fellow Urban Search and Rescue team came from Hilton Head to try and help search for Haleigh Cummings.  But when they arrived they were told they couldn't join the effort.

Investigators say liability and safety issues make it impossible to allow uninvited volunteers to take part in the search.  And at this point they have plenty of help.  There were more than 200 volunteers searching the woods along side horses. 

This is so SAD!!  IMO, no professional search team ought to ever be turned away, no matter what!  Am not so sure that all 200 of their volunteers already "invited" have more experience and training than the pro search team! 

This isn't the first missing person's case where the investigators have turned away professional search and rescue teams.  It just burns me up each time that it's done. 

We had a local young man go missing, my son's best friend.  LE and their slew of untrained volunteers looked for all of a week for this young man, then called off the search.  Several months later, it took a man who lived hours away, volunteering his cadaver dog and self, all of less than a day to find his body.  I say GOD BLESS any pro search team willing and able to get involved, and it should be a crime to turn them away! 

IMO. 

Wyks, this is one of those deals that folks'll debate 'til the cows come home.  I've said over and over that if our child was missing, we'd be out beating the bushes 'til we collapsed rather than wasting time doing interviews, let alone calling off the search because of nightfall.

I was reading on an FL equine forum earlier.  If folks want to be part of formal SAR, it'd behoove them to find a reputable group and take the appropriate classes/tests for certs. 

I say this because Joe Blow and his dog, no matter what their tracking abilities aren't welcome until after LE and the more "accepted" SAR folks get in there.

Imho, the lag time between someone coming up missing and when full-scale search can be/is implemented is very concerning.  Thank God the dogs were called out pretty quickly in this case.  I hope someone's been out with dogs every day--and into the night.  I don't get professionals calling off the search because of nightfall esp. w/dogs. 

Foggy

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #757 on: February 13, 2009, 11:17:10 PM »

Something is going on on the webcam!!!!!!!!

leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #758 on: February 13, 2009, 11:18:03 PM »

I dreamed about her last nite.  I dreamed that an older male with white hair and a thin face and glasses took her.  And they willl find a tiny shoe that belongs to her.

O/T
Not trying to be funny or anything but do you really dream about stuff that comes true?
kitkat53
Scared Monkey

« Reply #759 on: February 13, 2009, 11:18:21 PM »

Something is going on on the webcam!!!!!!!!

I didn't know they had webcam. Is it of their house?

Abraham Lincoln
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.