April 27, 2024, 05:25:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649980 times)
OriginalKat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1160 on: February 15, 2009, 07:13:46 AM »

Just starting reading info on this case and thought since Jacksonville reporter seems to be on the news shows on this case I would give the local news sight she is from which has some good info.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/default.aspx
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1161 on: February 15, 2009, 07:32:52 AM »

I noticed 2 things so far. The police report shows Haleigh to be a 5 year old male.  Also,a truck that was parked at the house had GraveDigger written on the back window of the pick up. This case has my hinky meter pegged.

agggggggggggg.........

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1162 on: February 15, 2009, 08:22:10 AM »

Just starting reading info on this case and thought since Jacksonville reporter seems to be on the news shows on this case I would give the local news sight she is from which has some good info.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/default.aspx

Thanks Kat, that's a good link to have.

Interesting note from the sheriff on this link on that page
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131262&catid=295

Captain Steve Rose with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office gave reporters the latest update on the search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, missing since early Tuesday.

Rose said today was a "very productive day" in the search and that searchers had found several items of interest.

He would not say any more about what has been found, but said teams are still searching homes, the woods, and waterways near Haleigh's home with all their resources.

Rose added that the investigation is still being treated as an abduction, and that it's an abduction if she was taken from her home, or if she left her home and was picked up by someone else later.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1163 on: February 15, 2009, 08:37:43 AM »

Wyks, this is why I wondered from the get-go if this was a revenge act. The LE seem so focused on this being a true abduction, I have been wondering if there had been threats and Ronald and/or Misty disclosed that to LE from the beginning? That would explain why the poly's were done so quickly for Ronald and Misty, but less a sense of urgency for the bio mother.......

I also wonder if Misty has some form of a developmental disorder? Also, she's a minor so if she's had arrests then those records will be under lock and key.

Bottom line, it's unlikely Ronald earns enough as a crane operator alone to pay for daytime child care either, Misty may well have been a means to that end for Ronald too. None of this is an ideal or pretty picture but then real life for teenage parents often isn't a pretty picture.

The crane operators where my dad works make almost 100m a yr....

Also, I don't think anyone except dad and gf have even taken polygraphs. If I am wrong, someone pls let me know. I wondered about the snitch part when I saw his lengthy record and only probation I also wonder if Misty knows more than she is telling because she is afraid of him, maybe something like she's had people over when he was at work, etc. Even the smallest detail could break this case and it needs to be broken ASAP for Haleigh.

Do you mean $100,000.00 per year? In a larger urban area within a large construction company, yes I could believe that. If Ronald did earn that then I don't expect they would be living where they do.

I did point out that only Misty the girlfriend and Ronald the father, were the only ones to date to complete a polygraph within my post.

yes, sorry I use m at my work because it's easier to write out than numbers all the time. My dad lives in Jackson TN, not a huge urban area and not for .a construction company.

I was asking a question about the poly's.........I wanted to know for certain of LE has disclosed that they have poly'd anyone else, not just the bio mom, but friends etc that live there. It just seems odd that no one else has been polygraphed , at least to me.

I was able to do some research on earnings for crane operators and FL is both a right to work state and does not have strong unions either - so there is a great variance on earnings for crane operators as a result. Rule of thumb is also at least three years as an apprentice crane operator before promotion to an official crane operator. OSHA compliance has some bearing on this for companies, that varies between public sector and a private company as well.

So yes, some crane operators do earn 100K annually but they tend to have more experience and work in private sector such as a construction company. The few positions I've located as openings in FL, there aren't many for crane operators, but the two I did find quoted $20 to $25.00/hour. That equates to around 50K annually. With Ronald providing for three kids plus Misty, that would not leave much disposable income but he should have had adequate healthcare with his job to provide the necessary child care for Haleigh's needs?

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1164 on: February 15, 2009, 08:42:05 AM »

WOKV-Radio, reporter Jared Halpern, is reporting on MSNBC right now, that the "items of interest" which were reported found by LE are NOT related to this case? Jared stated this is a bit of a "setback". He also stated that LE has not provided an official statement on the polygraph's taken by Ronald and Misty, that LE has only officially stated that the poloygraph's were "helpful".

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1165 on: February 15, 2009, 09:58:56 AM »

Well, nothing new. I had HLN on. I don't expect a good outcome either.
They are looking at the waterways there.
The differences in Misty's story might be because she is not a high level functioning young girl. When I have heard and looked at her, she seems to have a blank and vacant something she projects. Maybe a learning disability. Probably why they re questioned her.
I don't see anything wrong with a 17 year old looking after the kids, here a 12 year old is alllowed to be a babysitter.
None of these people seem to be the kind I would like to get to know better. But I would not wish a missing kiddo on anyone, regardless of what type of people they are. Don't want to come to any hasty conclusions either, too many SO's in their neighbourhood.
The cases I am familiar with ( Lunsfords, Smart, Groene ) the SO's had seen the kid and were just waiting for the chance. Probably had several potential kids in their line of sight.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1166 on: February 15, 2009, 10:12:25 AM »

Was stated she has missed a lot of school...
Wish the reason why, was released...

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1167 on: February 15, 2009, 10:27:36 AM »

I was so hoping there would be good news this morning.

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1168 on: February 15, 2009, 10:30:49 AM »

Haleigh Cummings to Miss Younger Brother's Birthday

Posted By: Gary Detman     Created: 2/15/2009 7:39:24 AM    Updated: 2/15/2009 8:24:25 AM

SATSUMA, FL -- Haleigh Cummings' younger brother will be celebrating a birthday without his sister at his side Sunday, as search crews head back out to look for the little girl who has been missing for nearly a week.

Ronald Cummings Jr. turns four years old on Sunday. Haleigh, 5, vanished from her home sometime after her father's girlfriend put her to bed on the night of February 9.

SEARCH FOR HALEIGH: THE 911 CALL

Saturday night, Haleigh's father and mother came together for the first time to hold a candlelight vigil for their daughter.

Law enforcement officers and volunteers have been walking side by side through the thick brush and dense woods that surround Haleigh's neighborhood in the small town of Satsuma.

Items of interest found late last week have been deemed irrelevant to the search for Haleigh.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office has scheduled a news conference for 4 p.m. to share the latest in the search and investigation.

Watch for it live on First Coast News and firstcoastnews.com.

Click here for expanded coverage in the Search for Haleigh.

Click here to chat about the search in a First Coast News forum.

janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1169 on: February 15, 2009, 10:31:50 AM »

Seems we have the gf's brothers and brothers-in-law coming outta the woodwork.     LOL  Thanks for the additional info, y'all! 

Now.. considering the one who lives just behind and 2 minutes walking distance away.  Does anyone think it possible that the gf slipped thru the woods (or grass, whatever) and ran over to see her brother for a bit, propping the screen door open while she was gone?   

Am I not following what you're saying, Wyks?   I would think she would do the opposite if she was going to sneak out to visit anyone while she was gone ...   close everything up as tight as she could whether she had a key or not, to make sure the kids couldn't get out.  Why would she prop the door open?

Maybe it squeaks loudly enough to wake the kids?
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1170 on: February 15, 2009, 10:35:59 AM »

i dont know, the propped open screen door is peripheral to me. the main door being open tho, when both the dad and gf said it is always locked(its a dead bolt), is the real question mark to me. le has stated that there are no signs of it being tampered with, so who unlocked and left it open? there have been no reports of any other signs of a break in either, so how would an intruder enter?

if the gf went out and left that door unlocked and someone else entered and took haleigh, how would they know that the door would be left unlocked on that specific night? if we assume she made a habit of going out at night and leaving it unlocked, who else would know that? i highly doubt it would be something she would share, and if she had why wouldnt have it happened sooner?

i pray this case will have a positive outcome and haleigh will be found alive and well. i just feel that given the first 72 hours have passed, and since those are the key hours according to the fbi and le, that something horrible has happened to her and that it is most likely at the hands of someone she knew. 

Remember in the Jessica Lunsford case, Mark was in the habit of visiting his girlfriend during the night, and he had to leave the door open because he was staying with his parents who didn't want him to bring his rowdy friends to the house, so he didn't have a key.

(do I get the prize for a run-on sentence?)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1171 on: February 15, 2009, 10:44:46 AM »

Ronals said at some point that the door was hard to close, really had to slam it.
If LE had their suspicions about involvement of family, they would still be taking the same path they are taking now.
Trying to find her.
They said they interviewed all of the SO's near there, they have interviwed the family and they don't have any hot leads. In the Lunsford case, the So John Couey was in a place ( across the street ) where he should not have been without registering it as his addy. Something like that could be happening here. SO's visit their friends and families. Some of them work. With 44 of them close by, I have a hard time believing that all 44 of them were not doing something they weren't allowed to do. Just from what has been in the media about these SO's it seems their wheels are always turning looking for the next fix.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1172 on: February 15, 2009, 11:02:26 AM »

Maybe you've seen this already but the dad is a very bad guy.  I can't believe the children were placed with him after reading this doc.  These children were in danger by just living with him.

In 2006, on this custody document it states Ronald works for Superior Construction and makes 10.00 an hour, but will have health insurance for the children following his probationary period.  Usually includes raise as well, but I don't recall his current employer.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1173 on: February 15, 2009, 11:04:41 AM »

I can't copy the custody doc link, it's pg 46 - Ospainter pdf document below the line, titled petineer(1).pdf
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1174 on: February 15, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »

Just wanted to mention something really quick in relation to an earlier post that mentions a vehicle in the background that has the words Grave Digger on it.

Don't let that make you more nervous because I know that Grave Digger is a favorite monster truck that people who are into big 4x4 stuff are all familiar with.  My stepson has many pictures of it in magazines and it's a pretty well known one.

I'm thinking that someone in this gang must just be a fan of that type of thing.

Happy Sunday, Monkey friends!!

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1175 on: February 15, 2009, 11:06:54 AM »

Pharlap, your avatar is hilarious.  I just saw in CBB's St. Patrick's Day avatar thread that Klaas played around a little with your kitty and you have one there waiting for you if you want it!!

BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1176 on: February 15, 2009, 11:07:26 AM »

Ok, I am so sick of these inconsistencies...Notice in the incident report that Misty states she woke just before 3am...........then she tells LE that she noticed Haliegh was missing about 5 minutes before daddy comes come around 3:27, so either she didn't notice she was missing until 3:22, because if she knew she was missing at 3:00 am, she'd have been on the phone with LE at that time. Am I making sense I mean it can't be both, it has to be one OR the other regarding her noticing the child missing.

These "little" things are really important..but they seem to having trouble keeping it straight.

In one interview that I heard..Misty said...I saw 3 o'clock...could have been 3 something..she saw the 3.  (not word for word)

I heard that one too.......but, in the police report she says BEFORE 3. I'm ramming my head against the wall with all these discrepancies.

You do have your helmet on I hope?

I have mine on....     I know you were not talking to me,but just wanted to say, I keep mine on.

Great idea!!  and a beautiful one it is to be sure...all decked out..you look fabulous ..and it sure makes your butt look narrow.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1177 on: February 15, 2009, 11:11:04 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,493230,00.html

Authorities Searching for Florida Girl Notified of Missing Sex Offender
Sunday , February 15, 2009

Police searching for missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings were notified about a missing Florida sex offender, but stopped short of calling the man a suspect in the girl's disappearance, Ocala.com reports.

Chad Eugene Reynolds, 25, was last seen Feb. 1 leaving his mother's home in Ochlawaha, Fla. — about two hours from Haleigh's home — police said. He was reported missing on Friday.

Reynolds reportedly borrowed a car from a friend and then later called to say the vehicle had broken down near the Marion/Lake County Lines, according to the Marion County Sheriff's Office. The car was located in an undisclosed location south of Marion County, but Reynolds was nowhere to be found.

Reynolds was sentenced in Putnum County — the same county where Haleigh was reported missing Feb. 10 — to seven years in prison for armed burglary and lewd and lascivious molestation of a child younger than 12. The incident happened in September of 2002.

Maj. Chris Blair told Ocala.com that the Marion County Sheriff's Office contacted the Putnum County Sheriff's Office about Reynolds.

Authorities said their first concern is Reynolds' safety, but added that he will likely be arrested for failing to report to his probation officer.

Click here for photos.

Reynolds was released in November and is on 10 years of community supervision, Ocala.com reports.

Haleigh was discovered missing from her Satsuma, Fla. home by her father's girlfriend, Misty Croslin. The father, Ronald Cummings, said Haleigh had gotten up to use the bathroom, and when she didn't return, Croslin went to look for her and noticed the back door of the mobile home they shared was open.

Police believe the girl was abducted.

Chief Deputy Rick Ryan of the Putnam County Sheriff's Department said in a news conference investigators continue to interview family members, their friends and others. Everyone is considered a potential person of interest.

"We're frustrated, of course, but the No. 1 mission is to find the little girl and return her to her family," he said. "We haven't lost our motivation or our drive."

As a registered sexual predator, Reynolds is required to report to his mother's house everyday, according to Ocala.com.

"We're handling it like any missing and endangered person. We're concerned for his safety because his mother said he hasn't done anything like this before," Marion County Sheriff's Capt. Tommy Bibb said.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1178 on: February 15, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »

Searching, your avatar makes me laugh every single time I see a post of yours!!  I haven't even seen the new and improved one.....I'll go look now!!

*Okay, sorry for the o/t and I promise I'll stop talking avatars now!*

mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1179 on: February 15, 2009, 11:18:29 AM »

Pharlap, your avatar is hilarious.  I just saw in CBB's St. Patrick's Day avatar thread that Klaas played around a little with your kitty and you have one there waiting for you if you want it!!

Good morning sunday monkeys...

If the father worked nights, got home almost 4 in the morning, he would be sleeping when the child should be getting ready for school.. Breakfast, school cloths, homework etc...so,
WHO whold be getting her up? The girlfriend,,and at 17, hm, and with all the drug charges against them all, the fact the gf has no relatives that let her stay at her own home, the child already drowning, well, seems pretty clear to me. NO ONE was taking care of these children either..

It makes me so dang mad, I could just spit.  ( and their aint no spittin monkey icon here)

ALso, for what it is worth.. I am putting this out there, for le to search the boats, that are in moring slips.. Maybe she was put there.. Dogs do not sniff high in the air, so her scent would be sort of hidden.

After all this time, if no buzzards have gathered, then I would suspect the child has to be alive, or placed where scents and heat is hidden. Under those aluminum boat covers, would be an easy access place to hide a child...  jmo, mio
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.