April 28, 2024, 12:35:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 650171 times)
janetruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1480 on: February 16, 2009, 02:01:46 PM »

O/T

And speaking of parents reckless driving with children in the vehicle

NBA Standout Charged With Reckless Driving With Son, 3, in Car
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,493764,00.html

This was also one of the allegations in the custody battle.

Can't always blame bad behavior on poverty and ignorance.

Oo. 

I never intended to do that.  Neither was I making excuses.  The poster to whom I responded had seemed shocked that there are whole families that live like the Cummings and their extended family.  I thought I was pointing out that there are many such families, bankrupt financially, morally, educationally, and spiritually.  There are also many who are bankrupt in every way except financially.

Apologies for any misunderstanding.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1481 on: February 16, 2009, 02:17:25 PM »

Search for Haleigh Moves South
Posted By: Gary Detman     Created: 2/16/2009 11:08:58 AM    Updated: 2/16/2009 12:28:45 PM
Recommend Print Article Email Article Larger Smaller

SATSUMA, FL -- The search for Haleigh Cummings has moved to a grassy area less than ten miles from the home from where she vanished one week ago.

More than sixty law enforcement officers from a number of different agencies are combing a field off Highway 17 south of Haleigh's home.

Locals tell First Coast News the investigators have been in that area for the past two days.

Haleigh Cummings, 5, disappeared sometime after her father's girlfriend put her to bed on the night of February 9.

Over the weekend, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office moved its mobile command center out of Haleigh's neighborhood as it shifted toward an investigation rather than a search.

And Haleigh's family, who have been camping out at separate locations near her home, came together for a vigil Saturday night.

Stay with First Coast News at Noon and firstcoastnews.com for the very latest developments in the investigation.

We will have an hour-long special beginning at 4 p.m. on NBC-12.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131452&catid=3

They have been having 4:00 press conferences daily for this case.

I don't think the fact that they announced there will be one today means there is any news.

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1482 on: February 16, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »

Search for Haleigh Moves South
Posted By: Gary Detman     Created: 2/16/2009 11:08:58 AM    Updated: 2/16/2009 12:28:45 PM
Recommend Print Article Email Article Larger Smaller

SATSUMA, FL -- The search for Haleigh Cummings has moved to a grassy area less than ten miles from the home from where she vanished one week ago.

More than sixty law enforcement officers from a number of different agencies are combing a field off Highway 17 south of Haleigh's home.

Locals tell First Coast News the investigators have been in that area for the past two days.

Haleigh Cummings, 5, disappeared sometime after her father's girlfriend put her to bed on the night of February 9.

Over the weekend, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office moved its mobile command center out of Haleigh's neighborhood as it shifted toward an investigation rather than a search.

And Haleigh's family, who have been camping out at separate locations near her home, came together for a vigil Saturday night.

Stay with First Coast News at Noon and firstcoastnews.com for the very latest developments in the investigation.

We will have an hour-long special beginning at 4 p.m. on NBC-12.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131452&catid=3

Doesn't sound like they are looking at that field for a live child.......pout -(

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1483 on: February 16, 2009, 02:35:24 PM »

O/T

Oo. 

I never intended to do that.  Neither was I making excuses.  The poster to whom I responded had seemed shocked that there are whole families that live like the Cummings and their extended family.  I thought I was pointing out that there are many such families, bankrupt financially, morally, educationally, and spiritually.  There are also many who are bankrupt in every way except financially.

Apologies for any misunderstanding.

No misunderstandings at all, just posting in general that there is bad behavior in all social strata. 

Also recall Brittany driving with unsecured child in her lap, etc.  Of course when my first child was a baby, there were no restraint laws.  His first car seat would have been a nightmare by today's standards.  I also recall his having sat on cosmetic bag beside me totally unrestrained at all.  In an accident I am sure he would have gone right through the windshield.  I wonder now what I was thinking but was common carelessness back in the day.

My posts are just general and not in response nor directed to anyone in particular unless I specify. 

This trend in parenting has been in the works for some time now, however, and in current economy, I don't see it likely to improve if left on its own.  And it is too large for any one agency to handle.  The only thing I can think of that may bring about much needed elevation of standards if for it to become socially unacceptable to do such things. 

How many kids have to be lost before this kind of social standard changes I have no idea.

Or if it will even happen.  But that's all I can think of that might put a stop to the casual manner in which so many kids are reared and live today.  It is condusive to tragedy happening to the kids.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« Reply #1484 on: February 16, 2009, 02:50:57 PM »

Anna,
Very good points.  Janet also.  I think we are all saying the same things but with a few different angles and words. 
This is a sad situation and we look for ways it could be prevented next time.  It is difficult to understand how bad things liket his happen and  in a way, we are all looking at our own lives to be sure WE are not doing things that will leave us open to the
evil happening to US.  It is sad.  This little girl dd not deserve WHATEVER happened or is happening to her.  She went to sleep in her bed and who knows where she woke up....

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1485 on: February 16, 2009, 03:04:11 PM »

Father Of Missing Girl Begs For Search to Continue
5-Year-Old Missing Since Last Week
POSTED: 6:52 am EST February 16, 2009
UPDATED: 2:43 pm EST February 16, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- The father of a missing Putnam County girl is begging a search group to continue looking for his daughter.

Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch wrapped up his search for Haleigh Cumming, 5, on Sunday.

Monday morning, Haleigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, went to Miller’s tent to beg him to stay and help search for his daughter

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Department is planning to wrap up their ground search on Monday as well. They have moved south of Satsuma, where Haleigh was last seen, and they are searching areas near Lake Como and Crescent Lake.

It is unclear why the search area has moved, but deputies said they will provide more information at the 4 p.m. press conference on Monday.    Best guess, HLN CNN will show it live
Authorities said they're not giving up hope that they'll find Haleigh. Deputies said they'll search two more areas before wrapping up the search effort, and they'll continue to follow hundreds of leads they've received over the past week.

It's been one week since Haleigh was last seen in her Satsuma home.

On Friday, deputies said they found some items of interest during a search, but they said over the weekend that those findings were not significant.

"The ground search is not over. We're just suspending those operations pursuant to any additional leads that come in. Again, we've got search teams on standby that we can deploy pretty rapidly to go check those out," Putnam County Sheriff's Office spokesman Rick Ryan said.

Both sides of Haleigh's family gathered for a vigil in her honor over the weekend.

Anyone with information on Haleigh's disappearance is asked to call the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0800 or the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse at 888-FL-MISSING

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1486 on: February 16, 2009, 03:10:15 PM »

Listening to the 911 phone call again, I do not think that this father is involved in any way.  To me he sounds like a broken man who has been dealt the short end of the stick for quite a bit of his life, granted some things that have happened to him are a result of his bad decision making, but given his work ethic and the aparent sound of love he has for his daughter, I do not think he is were I am going to focus my sites on.  He tells the dispatcher the same thing that my brother-in-law told the dispatcher when my 6y/o niece went missing a few years ago.  "If I find who has taken her first, you will be hauling me to jail because I will kill em".  Its a natural reacation from a protective Father.

Listening to the girlfriend she sounds very scattered, not able to focus at all.  I am sure it has to do with the situation itself, but also her age as well.  I am not writing her off my list just yet, but I do think that much of the "iffyness" that I have from her comes from her lack of maturity and not nessessarily out of her harming the child.

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1487 on: February 16, 2009, 03:17:45 PM »

Snipped

It is unclear why the search area has moved, but deputies said they will provide more information at the 4 p.m. press conference on Monday.    Best guess, HLN CNN will show it live
Authorities said they're not giving up hope that they'll find Haleigh. Deputies said they'll search two more areas before wrapping up the search effort, and they'll continue to follow hundreds of leads they've received over the past week.
Snipped
WS had on their front page this morning in a piece written by the site owner, a statement about Haleigh's case heating up and being the weirdest murder in a long time.  It has since been changed, but wonder if she has some inside information and is waiting to post until the 4:00? 
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1488 on: February 16, 2009, 03:18:40 PM »

the name on the deed to the Cummings home is a G. Sapp,    there is also a RSO  with the name of D. Lee Sapp  that lives close to the Cummings residence and I think he might do repair work, could he be related to the owner of the home and maybe he has a key to it......FYI

http://www.fox30online.com/media/news/1/3/e/13e1a8a0-e082-477f-9698-11a796f76a10/petineer.pdf

According to the property tax records the home belongs to Phyliss Bard from PA

Thats what I got yesterday too, and I checked PA's SO list ( super user friendly btw) and they aren't So's. I was wondering though if they have a maintainance person down in Fl that they always call or someone local to keep an eye on the property. My guess ( since it is a retirement community mostly ) is that the Bards are now too old to go down there in the winter so they began renting it out.
Good morning! (O/T: leslee, there is a post for you on page 24 in the thread in my sig!)

What concerns me is that a RSO was living in the same mobile home as they live in. Apparently he is in Tallahassee, but that is way too close for comfort, to me. Did they change locks when moving in?!

Thank you Brandi! I love her ( felt nakey for a few posts)

Idk about locks, is it standard practice to change them when tenants move out? Any landlord monkeys out there?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1489 on: February 16, 2009, 03:22:06 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/02/16/scared-monkeys-welcomes-blink34-true-crime-blog-blink-on-crime-to-family/

SCARED MONKEYS WELCOMES BLINK34 & TRUE CRIME BLOG … BLINK ON CRIME TO FAMILY
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1490 on: February 16, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »

Snipped

Snipped
WS had on their front page this morning in a piece written by the site owner, a statement about Haleigh's case heating up and being the weirdest murder in a long time.  It has since been changed, but wonder if she has some inside information and is waiting to post until the 4:00? 
Wow, I missed that, very odd to put that out there, she may have some inside info, but kind of irresponsible to put that out there if you ask me.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1491 on: February 16, 2009, 03:23:28 PM »

the name on the deed to the Cummings home is a G. Sapp,    there is also a RSO  with the name of D. Lee Sapp  that lives close to the Cummings residence and I think he might do repair work, could he be related to the owner of the home and maybe he has a key to it......FYI

http://www.fox30online.com/media/news/1/3/e/13e1a8a0-e082-477f-9698-11a796f76a10/petineer.pdf

According to the property tax records the home belongs to Phyliss Bard from PA

Thats what I got yesterday too, and I checked PA's SO list ( super user friendly btw) and they aren't So's. I was wondering though if they have a maintainance person down in Fl that they always call or someone local to keep an eye on the property. My guess ( since it is a retirement community mostly ) is that the Bards are now too old to go down there in the winter so they began renting it out.
Good morning! (O/T: leslee, there is a post for you on page 24 in the thread in my sig!)

What concerns me is that a RSO was living in the same mobile home as they live in. Apparently he is in Tallahassee, but that is way too close for comfort, to me. Did they change locks when moving in?!

Thank you Brandi! I love her ( felt nakey for a few posts)

Idk about locks, is it standard practice to change them when tenants move out? Any landlord monkeys out there?

I am not a landlord but just recently rented a house and the landlord did say that they always change the locks each time a new lease is signed.  Inlcuding the locks on the fence and shed.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1492 on: February 16, 2009, 03:23:31 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/02/16/scared-monkeys-welcomes-blink34-true-crime-blog-blink-on-crime-to-family/

SCARED MONKEYS WELCOMES BLINK34 & TRUE CRIME BLOG … BLINK ON CRIME TO FAMILY

Thanks Klaas.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1493 on: February 16, 2009, 03:23:56 PM »

Snipped

Snipped

Thanks Today, interresting. 
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1494 on: February 16, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »

More on Tricia's announcement, about 1/2 down

http://beaconhell.com/blog/?p=565#comments

I don't think this person believes it.

I'm working my goggle fingers to the bone.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1495 on: February 16, 2009, 03:35:52 PM »

Found more info on the SO lost.

Reynolds now has an outstanding arrest warrant for violation of probation.

Since his reported disappearance, deputies have had his phone tracked and have contacted his mother and friends. None of those stpes have been successful. Investigators now say Reynolds' phone could be dead or he might have turned it off.

A Sheriff's Office report notes Reynolds was not on a GPS monitoring system.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1496 on: February 16, 2009, 03:36:02 PM »

I remain concerned about the lock on the "back" door.

Ronald said it "always" is locked, yet he checks it every day. Why would someone check a locked door every day? Especially one that the children cannot unlock?

And if the lock had been "picked," wouldn't that show some sign of having been picked, unless the "picker" was highly skilled, such as a locksmith?

Something about this back door is not right.

I asked my friend who lives in a mobile home if he changed locks when he bought it, and he said, "No." He also said he did not think it was normal for people in his mobile home park to change locks when they move in.

Just rambling a bit ...

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1497 on: February 16, 2009, 03:36:24 PM »

Snipped

Snipped

Doubtful, just the intimation of it. I have heard through the grapevine however that Misty is about to be treated differently in this case. I do not feel she has been honest, and that has cost time.
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1498 on: February 16, 2009, 03:37:20 PM »

O/T

Probably too much info but I went to high school with this kid..And my town is full of kids having kids.......I was 19 with my first my DH was 18 and still in his senior year of school...And my town is full of violence and poverty...He is lucky he even made it out of this town most dont....

Bad choices are made by everyone--its just a shame that people make those bad choices when precious children are involved...
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1499 on: February 16, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »

Keep Kids Safe Through ID Programs

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- In light of Haleigh Cummings' disappearance, there's a new focus on child ID programs.

Leslea Amidon operates Ident-A-Kid in Jacksonville and says keeping children safe is her business.

Amidon says thousands of children are lost, missing or separated from their parents each year.

The minutes after that happens are crucial, so Amidon has a kit to provide quick identification information to law enforcement.

Ident-A-Kid provides a driver's license-type card that contains a child's photograph, fingerprint and description.

For more information on this story, watch our special on WTLV-12 at 4 p.m., and First Coast News at 5:30 and 7.

©2009 First Coast News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten, or redistributed.

I hope this is a legitimate program and not connected back to KF.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.