April 27, 2024, 12:01:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649818 times)
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1800 on: February 18, 2009, 06:13:07 PM »

One of Ron's family member reported that Ron had a fight over a gun with a man the day before the abduction.  The gun was found in a ditch and the person he fought with has not been located.  Huh?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131632&catid=295  -- see video on the right side.

I wonder if Tim will have any insight tonight?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1801 on: February 18, 2009, 06:13:43 PM »

One of Ron's family member reported that Ron had a fight over a gun with a man the day before the abduction.  The gun was found in a ditch and the person he fought with has not been located.  Huh?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131632&catid=295  -- see video on the right side.

Geez, nothing is simple in this case. 
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1802 on: February 18, 2009, 06:22:52 PM »

Geez, nothing is simple in this case. 

We've done this dance before.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1803 on: February 18, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131659&catid=3

Haleigh Has New Pet Waiting for Homecoming
Posted By: Jackelyn Barnard     Created: 2/18/2009 6:27:57 PM    Updated: 2/18/2009 6:37:56 PM

SATSUMA, FL -- Strangers are giving teddy bears and flowers to the family of Haleigh Cummings. But one stranger has dropped off something a little unique.

A woman left a six-week-old chihuahua for Haleigh's mother. She told the family the puppy is for Haleigh when she comes home.

The family has named the pup Isabella. They say the genorosity they've seen is unbelieveable.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1804 on: February 18, 2009, 07:03:45 PM »

Gosh, wonder what else may have happened around that day which we haven't heard about yet....

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1805 on: February 18, 2009, 07:28:35 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=131659&catid=3

Posted By: Jackelyn Barnard     Created: 2/18/2009 6:27:57 PM    Updated: 2/18/2009 6:37:56 PM

SATSUMA, FL -- Strangers are giving teddy bears and flowers to the family of Haleigh Cummings. But one stranger has dropped off something a little unique.

A woman left a six-week-old chihuahua for Haleigh's mother. She told the family the puppy is for Haleigh when she comes home.

The family has named the pup Isabella. They say the generosity they've seen is unbelievable.
I understand the sentiment, but I don't think this was a good idea. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1806 on: February 18, 2009, 08:44:24 PM »

REMINDER - TIM MILLER WILL BE ON DANA PRETZER TONIGHT:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1807 on: February 18, 2009, 08:48:34 PM »

The family has named the pup Isabella. They say the generosity they've seen is unbelievable.
I understand the sentiment, but I don't think this was a good idea. 
[/b]

I agree with you Today.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1808 on: February 18, 2009, 09:28:18 PM »

Per Dana, Tim is in Florida searching for Haleigh.  I thought the search was called off.  Good news!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1809 on: February 18, 2009, 09:30:26 PM »

Per Dana, Tim is in Florida searching for Haleigh.  I thought the search was called off.  Good news!

Yeah I heard that too.  I was wondering if Dana taped that part earlier?  Plus last I heard it was confirmed Tim would be on so this is strange.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1810 on: February 18, 2009, 09:44:04 PM »

Yeah I heard that too.  I was wondering if Dana taped that part earlier?  Plus last I heard it was confirmed Tim would be on so this is strange.
I wonder if Tim actually left at all.  They have that new chapter in Florida, maybe he had gone there. Maybe checking in with NeJame over the release of searcher information, maybe you can ask Blink.  Then with the news today about the gun and the fight and the guy missing, Tim is back to help looking for Haleigh.
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1811 on: February 18, 2009, 10:47:19 PM »

IIRC misty said her cousing whom she alleges molested her stole a gun from Ron while visiting.. could this be who they are talking about???

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1812 on: February 18, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »

IIRC misty said her cousin whom she alleges molested her stole a gun from Ron while visiting.. could this be who they are talking about???
self edit to fix my spelling..wish we had erasers....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1813 on: February 18, 2009, 10:48:32 PM »

http://www.fox30online.com/content/topstories/story/Haleighs-Family-Reacts-to-Tip-Girlfriend-Wasnt/e39O4jB0EkWJXySrXAL6sg.cspx

Haleigh's Family Reacts to Tip Girlfriend Wasn't Home
  Reported by: Ilyssa Trussel
Email: itrussel@tvjaxfl.com
Last Update: 10:32 pm 

SATSUMA, Fla. - It’s been nine days since 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings was last seen playing in her neighborhood---a neighborhood now turned into a 24-hour family support center.

There the community is united but the family is divided.
At the entrance to the neighborhood, Haleigh’s mother's family has set up camp.

"I'm full of hope and I know Haleigh is still out there," said Haleigh's Grandmother Marie Griffis.

Down the road, inside Haleigh's neighborhood, her father's family is doing the same.
They've set up tents to give them shelter as they wait overnight for new information.

"We are thinking the best right now.  We're not going to let the worst get to us," said Ronald Cumming's Sister Crystal Cummings.

Investigators have received more than 1200 tips.
One of them is the possibility Ronald Cummings' 17-Year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, may not have been home the last night she apparently put Haleigh to bed.

We asked Griffis if she believes Croslin would have left Haleigh and her brother home alone.

"Possibly," she said. "Who knows what goes through a 17-year-olds mind and all the accusations running around about what things she's doing and stuff, there's no telling.  You don't know what her frame of mind was so I wouldn't doubt it."

We also asked Ronald Cummings family about Misty Croslin.

"We have our questions too," said Ronald's Sister Crystal Cummings. "I can't say that she did something and I can't say that she didn't.  Our minds are puzzled right now."

Puzzled because right now Haleigh's whereabouts remain just as mysterious as the day and the way she vanished.

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1814 on: February 18, 2009, 10:53:06 PM »

Maybe not so good..... They took a car for searching for evidence,who's car, the family being taken in like that and now word is TM is there searching.. Got a REAL bad feeling about this... I'm getting chills here now....I mean will be good she is found either way,just do not like the sounds of this....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1815 on: February 18, 2009, 11:17:32 PM »

Despite what Dana Pretzer said about Tim, I don't believe Tim Miller is in Florida. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1816 on: February 18, 2009, 11:33:09 PM »

Despite what Dana Pretzer said about Tim, I don't believe Tim Miller is in Florida. 

I kinda doubt it too. I did not listen to the show tonight though. Was the Tim Miller part recorded from a day or so ago, maybe?

jaggard19
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1817 on: February 18, 2009, 11:35:02 PM »

While trying to find out more information on Haleigh, I found this in the Jacksonville News:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18735155/detail.html

Man lvining in van with 12 year old girl, birth certificate in van looks to have been altered, girl says he is her father, van was in total mess along with two dogs who were in a cage, girl was hiding under clothing when deputies found her!   What gives?  There will be, of course, more on this story!!!!

Praying for all the little ones that are lost.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1818 on: February 18, 2009, 11:50:09 PM »

Florida (Jacksonville) Times-Union -- updated at 10:46 tonight:

By DANA TREEN
The Times-Union

SATSUMA —Misty Croslin said the accusation that she left Haleigh Cummings the night the 5-year-old disappeared is untrue.
Croslin, the 17-year-old girlfriend of Haleigh’s father, said she doesn’t know where the rumor started.

“I was there the whole night,” she told the Times-Union in an interview Wednesday where she shared several details about Haleigh’s disappearance.

It was the third time Croslin has been publicly questioned in the nine days since she called 911 on Feb. 10 to report Haleigh was missing.

As the national attention grows, she and Haleigh’s family have found themselves under more and more scrutiny. Their backgrounds show many of them have been under scrutiny before, including a custody dispute, drug use and brushes with the law, according to court records and interviews.

In the interview Wednesday, Croslin said Haleigh watched “Madagascar” and “AirBud” with her brother, then snuggled beneath a blanket in a pink Hannah Montana top. She reported Haleigh was wearing that top when she disappeared.

However, Croslin said she found the shirt on Monday, when she was allowed back inside the doublewide mobile home for the first time since the disappearance. She was there to discuss the layout of the mobile home with investigators and was looking for the clothes Haleigh wore her last day at school.

She then saw the Hannah Montana shirt in a laundry pile by the back door. “When I put her blanket on she had that shirt on,” Croslin told the Times-Union on Wednesday.

She said she has no idea how the shirt wound up there.

Investigators changed a statewide Amber Alert to remove the shirt as a clothing description.

Croslin said the children’s great-grandmother, her brother and an air-conditioning repairman were the only ones to visit the mobile home that day.

After eating, Croslin said the children watched movies before Haleigh went to bed about 8:15 p.m.

The children’s father, 25-year-old Ronald Cummings, was on an evening shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka and arrived home about the time Croslin was making the 911 call.

Since then, a team of investigators sifting through 1,200 calls and tips over nine days have sent boats into the St. Johns River and searchers into the scrub miles from where Haleigh went missing about 3 a.m. Feb. 10.

So far none has produced significant results, but some tips are being considered solid, authorities said Wednesday. They said they remain optimistic.

A vehicle was seized and processed, said Dominick Pape, chief of the Jacksonville office of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Pape would not release other information about the vehicle other than to say it was taken early in the investigation.

Croslin also told the Times-Union that the day Haleigh disappeared, she told authorities a cousin who had been staying in Crescent City for about a month went back to Tennessee. She said the cousin had “messed with” her sexually when she was a child but not been deemed a sexual offender.

The cousin had visited the mobile home she shared with Cummings but was told not to come back when a gun in the house turned up missing around the same time, she said.

As the investigation stretched on, a look at the family’s background shows some of the instabilities and conflicts that add to an already murky case.

Court records and interviews details brushes with the law involving Cummings as well as clashes over child custody with Crystal Sheffield, the biological mother of Haleigh and Ronald Jr.

Sheffield and Cummings never married, but she said the two were together between the times she was 14 and 19.

“I was 17 when I got pregnant with Haleigh,” said Sheffield, now 23.

Now living in Baker County, Sheffield had visitation every two weeks while Cummings had custody. Since her daughter’s disappearance, she and family members have set up a tent and shelter down the road from Cummings’ Green Lane mobile home.

Cummings, Croslin and their families are camped closer to the mobile home that still has not been turned back over to them by the Sheriff’s Office.

Cummings has had custody since 2005 when a magistrate said the children should live with him. He was employed and better able to provide health insurance to the children, the court said.

Sheffield said in the court record she had used cocaine a year before, a reason Cummings cited for wanting custody. He also said Haleigh had missed a dozen doctor’s appointments in the year before coming to live with him.

Sheffield has said Cummings was violent with her and court records show she once sought a protective order but then later asked that it be dismissed.

Cummings has said the fact that he has primary custody of the children shows he is a good parent.

But Cummings has had brushes with the law, including minor drug arrests, though most charges were dropped. In 2001 he was arrested after a man said he was threatened with a beating, according to court records.

Croslin said she met Cummings about six months ago when she was baby-sitting for a woman who had a child with Cummings.

Croslin said she was concerned the baby boy was not being cared for properly.

“I told him you need to get your son before something bad happens to him,” she said. Croslin said the two started talking. She was 16 at the time.

Her father, Hank Croslin Sr., told the Times-Union that Cummings told him he was 19 and later that he was 21.

Though Hank Croslin said he was angry at first about the lie, he said it is no longer an issue.

It is against Florida law for a person 24 or older to have relations with anyone 17 or younger, but investigators said they are not looking into the issue during the search for Haleigh. Find the little girl is their priority, they said.

The policy of the state Department of Children and Families also is to look first to the welfare of the children.

“If the children are being properly cared for and are not being abused, neglected or abandoned, then no action will be taken,” said department spokesman John Harrell.

He said the department has had “involvement” with the family in the past but could not under state confidentiality laws describe that interaction. Court records do show a review of the case over the custody issue.

For now, animosities have mostly been buried. At a prayer service for Haleigh on Tuesday, Misty Croslin, Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield sat closely together at Dunns Creek Baptist Church, alternately holding Ronald Jr. as they hoped for the safe return of a brown-eyed, strawberry-blonde little girl.

dana.treen@jacksonville.com,
(904) 359-4091

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1819 on: February 19, 2009, 12:05:05 AM »

While trying to find out more information on Haleigh, I found this in the Jacksonville News:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18735155/detail.html

Man lvining in van with 12 year old girl, birth certificate in van looks to have been altered, girl says he is her father, van was in total mess along with two dogs who were in a cage, girl was hiding under clothing when deputies found her!   What gives?  There will be, of course, more on this story!!!!

Praying for all the little ones that are lost.

Yes, I saw that too..hope we find out who this girl is soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.