April 27, 2024, 02:34:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Cummings 5, Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #1 2/10/09-2/20/09  (Read 649896 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1900 on: February 20, 2009, 12:34:32 AM »

sorry, I am 95 pages behind in reading

Is there a page where the bank acct shown on NG, but for a very quick time?

It was for Haleigh said Bank of America.

To me it is an outrage that a family has to live in a tent when the Anthony's rake in all the money from interviews. However, I would do the same (live in a tent if necessary) to remain close, if in their shoes.

In one night not only did the father, young son, gf loose Haliegh but lost their home also.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1901 on: February 20, 2009, 12:34:47 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18755383/detail.html

Haleigh's Mother Pleads For 5-Year-Old's Return
Mom Has Messages For Whomever Took Haleigh

POSTED: Thursday, February 19, 2009
UPDATED: 11:36 pm EST February 19, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Ten days since her daughter was last seen, Haleigh Cummings' mother said it feels like "her heart is being ripped out."

On the night of Feb. 9 the 5-year-old girl disappeared from her home in Satsuma. On Thursday evening, both of the missing child's parents, Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, spoke out and asked for their little girl's safe return.

Haleigh's parents stood close to each other at the evening's candlelight vigil, praying for their missing daughter. They said they are not giving up on Haleigh.

After the vigil, Sheffield had a message for the person who has her child.

"I hope you're watching this every day and see how much it hurts our families, and I hope it eats your heart out your chest," Sheffield said. "She's just a baby. It's torn my heart out of my chest, and I hope it's doing the same to you."

For 10 days, both Cummings' family and Sheffield's family have been sleeping in tents near the home from which Haleigh disappeared in order to be around whenever news breaks about the girl's whereabouts.

"I feel helpless, but I'm here and I'm not leaving until she's home," Sheffield said.

Earlier in the day, Cummings' girlfriend, Misty Croslin, was taken to the sheriff's office once again for more questioning. Detectives have remained tight-lipped about what was discussed with the 17-year-old.

"I hope she's telling the truth … because my kids they love her. I hope she wouldn’t do nothing to hurt them," Sheffield said.

She and Cummings were brought separately to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office Wednesday afternoon for interviews.

However, officials downplayed those interviews as routine and said there's no break in the hunt for the girl.

"As leads develop, we will always be going back to the family members," Florida Department of Law Enforcement agent-in-charge Dominick Pape said. "As this case goes on and we feel the need to bring them in, we will. They've been very cooperative with us."

The Sheffield family said they plan to make buttons, T-shirts and hats to try to add to the $16,000 reward for any tip that leads investigators to Haleigh.

Anyone with information about Haleigh's disappearance should call at 888-277-TIPS or the FDLE's Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse at 888-FL-MISSING.

Dad To Haleigh: "We Will Find You"

For the first time since Haleigh's disappearance, Cummings held his own news briefing outside his tent on Thursday.

The obviously fatigued father faced the news media, thanking all who have helped searched for the kindergartener, the media for spreading the word and to law enforcement for their tireless efforts to find the girl.

Cummings also said he doesn't suspect his 17-year-old girlfriend did anything wrong the night Haleigh disappeared.

"I don't have any suspicions of anybody," Cummings said. "Obviously, if I knew what was going on, I would have my daughter."

Cummings became defensive when asked questions about his background, reports that he had a fight with a cousin over a gun, and other events in the days before Haleigh disappeared.

"It's about my daughter gone missing, not what's going on in my life," Cummings said. "People say a lot of things and they don't know what they're talking about."

Haleigh's paternal grandmother, Teresa Neves, said Putnam County detectives told them they have several good leads, but referred all questions about the investigation to the officials.

Cummings ended the 10-minute briefing with a message for his daughter:

"I would like to tell my daughter, if she's watching, baby, I love you and we will find you," Cummings said. "I love you."

Neves' message was to whomever took Haleigh:

"Why don't you have a heart and bring her home?" Neves said.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1902 on: February 20, 2009, 12:36:28 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=131791&catid=17

Investigators Question Relative of Misti Croslin in Tennessee
Posted By: Talia Naquin     51 mins ago

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- Following tips on a possible Haleigh sighting in Tennessee, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office has questions for someone who lives there. He is a relative of Misti Croslin, the girlfriend of Haleigh's father and the last known person who saw the child the night she disappeared.

The tip came in that someone spotted a girl matching Haleigh Cummings' description in a Carrabba's in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Witnesses report that a man with the girl shielded her face. They are said to have left in a red Toyota Rav4 with a Florida license plate.

Thursday, deputies picked up Croslin for another round of questioning. She was at the sheriff's department for five hours.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy will not say how Misti Croslin and the person in Tennessee are related, or if that person is a sex offender.

"My feeling all along, Haleigh is not in this area. I've been adamant about it. I know she's out of state somewhere. Don't ask me how I know, it is right here in my gut," Haleigh's grandmother, Marie Griffis, told First Coast News reporter Lindy Thackston at a vigil Thursday night. The family has held the vigil every night since Haleigh disappeared.

"Everybody tells me, well a sexual offender done this. I just don't feel that. Whoever has her knows her, " Griffis said.

Deputies arrested a sex predator last night who lives within a mile of Haleigh's home. Sheriff Hardy says Timothy Loucakis' ankle monitor shows he was in his house or in his yard when Haleigh vanished. The sheriff says he is not a suspect. Deputies arrested Loucakis for breaking curfew. Loucakis was sentenced in 2001 for child abuse and promoting sexual performance on a child.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office will hold a briefing on the investigation at 3 p.m. Friday. First Coast News will bring it to you live on firstcoastnews.com and on WJXX, ABC-25 and NBC-12, WTLV.

Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1903 on: February 20, 2009, 01:28:11 AM »

my heart breaks for the grandma   
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1904 on: February 20, 2009, 03:26:12 AM »

To me it is an outrage that a family has to live in a tent when the Anthony's rake in all the money from interviews. However, I would do the same (live in a tent if necessary) to remain close, if in their shoes.

In one night not only did the father, young son, gf loose Haliegh but lost their home also.
They want to stay close. I don't think there are hotels, etc or alternate living arrangements close by. I have insomnia.   
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1905 on: February 20, 2009, 03:42:42 AM »

They want to stay close. I don't think there are hotels, etc or alternate living arrangements close by. I have insomnia.   

So do I...  From the looks of Satsuma, it is a small rural town... I would think they could stay with family but I am guessing it is more they just want to be right there close to the house.... I do hope this girl is alive and well. I hope she is found soon. This is terrible..our children seem to have become a hunted prey......

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1906 on: February 20, 2009, 06:39:39 AM »

So do I...  From the looks of Satsuma, it is a small rural town... I would think they could stay with family but I am guessing it is more they just want to be right there close to the house.... I do hope this girl is alive and well. I hope she is found soon. This is terrible..our children seem to have become a hunted prey......

Is there a bank account that we could contribute to towards the reward or to help out the family with food etc..? My heart breaks for this whole family....
Can't someone bring in/donate motorhomes/travel trailers for the families to stay in while they are waiting for Haleigh to come home? At least they would be out of the weather...If I had one, they could use mine...
I think that everyone of these people really do care for this child...
I still think that Misty knows something, not that she directly hurt this child, but that she left or something like that...again, fess up Misty..do the right thing..

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1907 on: February 20, 2009, 06:55:57 AM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=131791&catid=17

Investigators Question Relative of Misti Croslin in Tennessee
Posted By: Talia Naquin     51 mins ago

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- Following tips on a possible Haleigh sighting in Tennessee, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office has questions for someone who lives there. He is a relative of Misti Croslin, the girlfriend of Haleigh's father and the last known person who saw the child the night she disappeared.

The tip came in that someone spotted a girl matching Haleigh Cummings' description in a Carrabba's in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Witnesses report that a man with the girl shielded her face. They are said to have left in a red Toyota Rav4 with a Florida license plate.

Thursday, deputies picked up Croslin for another round of questioning. She was at the sheriff's department for five hours.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy will not say how Misti Croslin and the person in Tennessee are related, or if that person is a sex offender.

"My feeling all along, Haleigh is not in this area. I've been adamant about it. I know she's out of state somewhere. Don't ask me how I know, it is right here in my gut," Haleigh's grandmother, Marie Griffis, told First Coast News reporter Lindy Thackston at a vigil Thursday night. The family has held the vigil every night since Haleigh disappeared.

"Everybody tells me, well a sexual offender done this. I just don't feel that. Whoever has her knows her, " Griffis said.

Deputies arrested a sex predator last night who lives within a mile of Haleigh's home. Sheriff Hardy says Timothy Loucakis' ankle monitor shows he was in his house or in his yard when Haleigh vanished. The sheriff says he is not a suspect. Deputies arrested Loucakis for breaking curfew. Loucakis was sentenced in 2001 for child abuse and promoting sexual performance on a child.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office will hold a briefing on the investigation at 3 p.m. Friday. First Coast News will bring it to you live on firstcoastnews.com and on WJXX, ABC-25 and NBC-12, WTLV.

Ok, this is what confuses me about this sighting, IF this were Misty's cousinf from TN, wouldn't he have TN tags on his car and not FL I just remember all the false Caylee sightings and pray they find her today......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1908 on: February 20, 2009, 06:58:53 AM »

Is there a bank account that we could contribute to towards the reward or to help out the family with food etc..? My heart breaks for this whole family....
Can't someone bring in/donate motorhomes/travel trailers for the families to stay in while they are waiting for Haleigh to come home? At least they would be out of the weather...If I had one, they could use mine...
I think that everyone of these people really do care for this child...
I still think that Misty knows something, not that she directly hurt this child, but that she left or something like that...again, fess up Misty..do the right thing..

There is a bank a/c of B of A set up as the Haleigh fund, and a local funeral home has t-shirts and buttons that you can get for a donation. I posted the article on the previous page, it seems it is to pay bills, etc .

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1909 on: February 20, 2009, 07:06:21 AM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/20/news/news01.txt

Man ruled out as suspect in Haleigh case

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Friday, February 20, 2009 1:17 AM EST
A sexual predator was arrested Thursday in the Satsuma area after authorities said he violated his probation Wednesday evening.

According to Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy, there is nothing to link the man to the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings 11 days ago.

"This man has been on a GPS monitoring bracelet, and his curfew is from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., and last night the man was not within his home zone, so he violated his curfew," Hardy said at a press conference Thursday.

"This man is a sex predator, which means he is a very dangerous individual, but the fact is, we did go back on the evening that Haleigh disappeared and the GPS monitor does say that he was within his home zone."

Timothy Randolph Loucakis is one of five sexual predators who live within 5 miles of Haleigh's home, with 45 sexual offenders in the area, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Web site.

"What we are concerned about is that we do have a sex predator that violated his probation and wasn't where he was supposed to be," Hardy said.

According to Hardy, authorities are investigating more than 1,300 tips involving the case of the missing 5-year-old.

Haleigh, a kindergartner, was reported missing from her home in Satsuma Feb. 10 and no trace of her has been found.

Meanwhile, Haleigh's school, Browning-Pearce Elementary, received support Thursday from an elementary school in Orange Park.

W.E. Cherry Elementary School Principal Angela Whiddon has had experience with similar tragedies, and believes in reaching out to nearby schools dealing with such situations.

"When you work in this environment, it's more than just a school - it's a family," Whiddon said. "When a tragedy happens your whole faculty and staff hurts."

According to Debra Buckles, Browning-Pearce principal, enough desserts were brought over by the Cherry staff to feed the faculty at Haleigh's school.

"I just thought it was a wonderful gesture on their part," Buckles said.

Cherry has supported many schools that have faced tragedy through the donation of lunch or desserts, which are made possible by donations from teachers at the school.

Whiddon said it is important for schools to support each other.

"Especially for a small community - the whole community hurts," Whiddon said. "You lean on each other and it's nice to have outside support. It's just what we do."

Additional support has been approved by Haleigh's family through the purchase of buttons and T-shirts displaying Haleigh's picture. The items are made by and can be bought from Watts Funeral Home. Proceeds will go to Haleigh's family.

[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1910 on: February 20, 2009, 07:31:03 AM »

IslandMonkey...thanks for the info on the b/a...

2 things stuck out to me in the above....one is: isn't it kindof creepy that a funeral home is handling the t shirt etc. sales? Isn't there another business that could be the "store front" so to speak?
and two: so the SO has monitoring hours between 10 PM and 6 AM? sooooooo.....sex offenders don't offend in the hours before and after 10-6??? why not be monitored all the time? or did I misunderstand?
besides, like we have said, we really don't know when Haleigh disappeared so how can they say that he was within his time zone of being monitored? he may have been home then but what about the time before that?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1911 on: February 20, 2009, 07:32:22 AM »

^^^^^ it is nice that the funeral home is getting involved and helping out the family, it just creeped me out when I first read it....

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1912 on: February 20, 2009, 07:34:50 AM »

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Flagler/flaFLAG01022009.htm

February 20, 2009

Flagler County helps in search for missing girl

By HEATHER SCOFIELD
Staff Writer

Flagler County officials will send a team to Putnam County today to aid the search for a missing 5-year-old girl.

Special operations deputies from the Flagler County Sheriff's Office, several Flagler County firefighters and officials from Flagler's Emergency Operations Center were called to help look for Haleigh Cummings, officials said Thursday.

Local officials have been helping in the search and investigation periodically since the girl disappeared Feb. 10, sheriff's Maj. Steve Clair said.

Flagler officials said Thursday they believe new information may have surfaced in the case of the missing girl, prompting officials to resume search efforts that were abandoned earlier in the week.

Haleigh vanished from her father's double-wide mobile home outside Satsuma, about 10 miles south of Palatka. Putnam County sheriff's officials said $16,000 in rewards have been offered to help find the girl.

[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1913 on: February 20, 2009, 07:40:41 AM »

I agree and someone needs to take Misty and give her a warm bath and put her to bed for 12 hours.  I watched her this morning on NBC and she is still adamant that she was home and that their was no time lapse when she called 911 and Paternal grandmother was there w/her and said she believes her once again.  IDK. 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1914 on: February 20, 2009, 07:41:37 AM »

2 things stuck out to me in the above....one is: isn't it kindof creepy that a funeral home is handling the t shirt etc. sales? Isn't there another business that could be the "store front" so to speak?
and two: so the SO has monitoring hours between 10 PM and 6 AM? sooooooo.....sex offenders don't offend in the hours before and after 10-6??? why not be monitored all the time? or did I misunderstand?
besides, like we have said, we really don't know when Haleigh disappeared so how can they say that he was within his time zone of being monitored? he may have been home then but what about the time before that?

Y E S~ the funeral home being involved is creepy to me, and I pray it's not for publicity which seems to draw certain skeery people in

Regarding the SO, I think/hope they tracked his movements that entire date as we really don't know for sure when she disappeared due to the conflicting stories from gf.......Also, I think they are monitored all the time, it's just they curfew is in place also. It sure is taking forever to rule gf out I wish she would just come clean about whatever she is hiding (it could be she was passed out, not home etc), but it is vital that she is honest so they can move forward and don't have to continue to re-interview and polygraph her......time is crucial in finding mssing children and her conflicting stories seem to be tying up much needed investigators.

I sure wish they were able to rule

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1915 on: February 20, 2009, 07:43:36 AM »

I agree and someone needs to take Misty and give her a warm bath and put her to bed for 12 hours.  I watched her this morning on NBC and she is still adamant that she was home and that their was no time lapse when she called 911 and Paternal grandmother was there w/her and said she believes her once again.  IDK. 

That is interesting to me~when she was telling LE who was there, she NEVER menioned paternal grammie, just a/c guy, brother and nephews........hmmmm.

[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1916 on: February 20, 2009, 07:55:06 AM »

Island...I think poster was saying that grandmother was with Misty when she was saying during the interview that she was at home the entire time, not at the home with her that evening...? that is how I took it anyways....

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1917 on: February 20, 2009, 07:57:30 AM »

Just a question.
Has LE found that young blond sex offender yet that was missing for a few days now?????

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1918 on: February 20, 2009, 07:57:58 AM »

My guess is that this is a small town. As I live in one, I will tell you that it does not creep me out very much. Our local funeral directors are part of the community and often help out with causes. I remember that one was a softball ump - freaked me out as a kid because he only had one working eye and it always looked like he was sizing you up for a casket!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1919 on: February 20, 2009, 08:01:41 AM »

snip.//////  freaked me out as a kid because he only had one working eye and it always looked like he was sizing you up for a casket//////

now that gave me a giggle....

I know what you mean about the small town thing and them being a part of the community of course....
but just the fact that this little one is missing and funeral home is selling items for her...just took me aback for a moment....but thank goodness they are helping out....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.