April 18, 2024, 11:16:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #106 2/12/09 - 2/17/09  (Read 304265 times)
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1900 on: February 17, 2009, 06:25:11 PM »

I just watched the WESH report that Today posted.  I honestly think that ~ even if her attorney encourages her to plead guilty ~ she wouldn't do it.  We've talked about it before ~ and even her own father said it in the police interview ~ she's the type of person who takes things as far as she possibly can ~ and then takes them even further ... I just don't ever see her taking a plea to anything that says she caused Caylee's death.

Smart legal monkeys out there ... Aren't there times that people can take plea deals that kind of skirt around the guilt issue?  Where they plea out ... but never have to acknowledge guilt?
I think a plea with a non-disclosure agreement only happens in civil cases, not criminal.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1901 on: February 17, 2009, 06:28:07 PM »

Hi Newfie...I'm stuck in tax season and hopelessly behind...but please tell me why anyone thinks your tail is a toy....everyone knows your tail is a tool...not a toy 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1902 on: February 17, 2009, 06:28:38 PM »

Anyone think this dump will get Cindy out of "CindyWorld" and she'll finally have the AHA moment that her daughter is a murderer?

Yea ~ me either!

But sure hope someone has already reserved a hospital room for George and Jose! 

No but she is going to be having to concern herself with keeping from getting charged herself it sounds like.  Very interesting that in the evidence is a dvd of the day Casey was indicted....the car going under the bridge?   Cindy delivering pictures of Caylee to Baez's office?   hmmmm interesting what the significance is
I like the way you think Capp.  I think she's running scared too.  She will never admit publicly that she believes KC killed Caylee.  How can she go on disrepecting her GD like that?

I know, God help her but at this point the Anthonys destiny is the devil's den.   Something else occurred to me when reading the list of inventory of what was taken from the Anthony home will be in this doc dump (I read it at WFTV as 500 Tuesday, another Wed-look again)  Cindy gave Yuri such a hard time about giving the JC Penny statements to OCSO, she got very defensive and stated "well, I looked at them and there was nothing on them"   BUT WAIT!   Early on we thought it might be Casey was buying jewelry or beads connected to the case, I'm thinking now that Casey went to JC Penny to replace the Winnie the Pooh blanket she took out of the house to dump Caylee's body (o God its so hard to say that!) Now if that is the case, that is yet another point of reference that Cindy KNEW because she also later on said that she gave over receipts & statements to Baez instead of giving it to OCSO as requested.
Oh that biotch knew the minute she saw that receipt in the stuff that Lee brought back from Tony's apartment! SHE KNEW! Yet she continued to play her little game of "Casey's innocent, you will see" charade while disrespecting Tim Miller and all of LE.  IMO you can read it all over her face in the mysterious "missing" jail video.  I hope she rots in He!! right next to her daughter.

(Ouch, I'm mean tonight!)

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1903 on: February 17, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »

I just watched the WESH report that Today posted.  I honestly think that ~ even if her attorney encourages her to plead guilty ~ she wouldn't do it.  We've talked about it before ~ and even her own father said it in the police interview ~ she's the type of person who takes things as far as she possibly can ~ and then takes them even further ... I just don't ever see her taking a plea to anything that says she caused Caylee's death.

Smart legal monkeys out there ... Aren't there times that people can take plea deals that kind of skirt around the guilt issue?  Where they plea out ... but never have to acknowledge guilt?

Not on murder one, no

What is it called when you don't admit guilt but acknowledge that there is enough evidence to convict you? 
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1904 on: February 17, 2009, 06:34:51 PM »

Alford plea I believe as it is being discussed on a topix thread.

also, the inmate that claimed she said Caylee was with her BF.... It was later said to be unfounded and not possible as she has NO contact with any other inmates. Was just someone looking for their 15 imo... I do remember seeing that.

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1905 on: February 17, 2009, 06:35:41 PM »

Not on murder one, no

What is it called when you don't admit guilt but acknowledge that there is enough evidence to convict you? 
Nolo contendere

Nolo contendere is a Latin legal term which literally means "I will not contest it". Nolo contendere is a plea option in criminal cases which has a similar effect as a guilty verdict, though not quite the same. When a person pleas nolo contendere, they are not admitting or denying responsibility for the acts in question but agree to accept the punishment. There are several reasons why a nolo contendere plea may be advantageous to a criminal defendant.

By pleading nolo contendere you are leaving it entirely up to the court's discretion to determine whether or not you are guilty of the charges before you and what type of sentence that will entail. In most cases, a nolo contendere plea will result in a criminal sentence, as no strong defense can be made without contesting the charges at hand. There are, however, a number of reasons why a defendant would wish to enter a nolo contendere plea.

One of the best reasons for pleading nolo contendere is that the defendant is not admitting to a tort or any other type of wrongdoing that can later be used against him in a civil case. By pleading nolo contendere, the defendant is not admitting anything so therefore this plea cannot be used later to show admission of guilt. A defendant may also choose to plea nolo contendere because the facts of the case are complex and the defendant may not know whether the act they committed is a criminal offense. Sometimes a defendant that is almost certain of a conviction will plea nolo contendere because they do not wish to admit guilt. A plea of nolo contendere can also save the defendant time and money.

The court must always approve a plea of nolo contendere when an individual wishes to plea this way. Federal law states that before a court will accept a plea of guilty or nolo contendere, the defendant must appear in court. During this appearance, the court will address the defendant personally to ensure that the plea of nolo contendere is voluntary and that the defendant understands: the nature of the charges to which the plea is offered, the mandatory minimum and maximum penalty provided by law, and that the court may order any applicable sentence including incarceration, parole, probation, punitive fines, restitution to the victim, and more. At this court appearance the defendant has the right to legal representation and will be informed of additional rights they have at the time.

There are some drawbacks to a nolo contendere plea. As previously stated, a nolo contendere plea most often results in a guilty verdict. When a defendant pleas nolo contendere they waive the right to a jury trial, are unable to contest the charges against them, and have extremely limited appeals rights (particularly in some states and jurisdictions).

In over ninety percent of all criminal cases the defendant pleas guilty or nolo contendere to the charges against them.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1906 on: February 17, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »

Thank God that old dufus George wasn't still in Satsuma, " comforting and helping" with the haleigh investigation. No matter what was going on there all the attention would've again been focused on him instead of finding her.

I hope whatever is in these docs slam dunks KC right into general population so she can cuddle up with Big Bertha and just to make the dream complete, CA, GA, and LA all standing on a street corner with 'will work for food signs' and For extra giggles Babozo going back into real estate.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1907 on: February 17, 2009, 06:39:03 PM »

Thank God that old dufus George wasn't still in Satsuma, " comforting and helping" with the haleigh investigation. No matter what was going on there all the attention would've again been focused on him instead of finding her.

I hope whatever is in these docs slam dunks KC right into general population so she can cuddle up with Big Bertha and just to make the dream complete, CA, GA, and LA all standing on a street corner with 'will work for food signs' and For extra giggles Babozo going back into real estate.
Tell us how you really feel!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1908 on: February 17, 2009, 06:40:02 PM »

Kathi Belich WFTV has said that Baez and the other members of the defense team have not visited Casey in jail for eight days. 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1909 on: February 17, 2009, 06:40:10 PM »

Just caught Hubby checking out the Caylee story....he said strap her into old sparky.
First monkey I thought of was Tevye. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1910 on: February 17, 2009, 06:40:50 PM »

Hi Newfie...I'm stuck in tax season and hopelessly behind...but please tell me why anyone thinks your tail is a toy....everyone knows your tail is a tool...not a toy 
This morning I said I may only have a tail in the cage for a while due to work ... the Dolce and the Dolcettes went from there ...   

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1911 on: February 17, 2009, 06:41:59 PM »

TY Tevye for the great info.   

Good night monkeys, I've got tons of things to do before tomorrow.  Sleep tight!  Lovin

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1912 on: February 17, 2009, 06:42:04 PM »

Kathi Belich WFTV has said that Baez and the other members of the defense team have not visited Casey in jail for eight days. 

Say what? 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1913 on: February 17, 2009, 06:42:28 PM »

Not on murder one, no

OK, generally on felony charges a defendant must give what is known as an "allocution" (admittance of what he/she did) in order for a judge to accept a plea.   In years past there was a provision where a defendant could plea under a "nolo contendere plea" which means a defendant state that while they are denying guilty they do not wish to contend them at trial.  The rules vary in states but are rarely accepted, a judge especially in with a murder charge will more likely insist on a plea of guilty or demand to go to trial.   A "nolo contendere plea" sometimes is asked for so that they are not subject to civil cases connected to the criminal charge at a later date which is another reason most judges will not allow them in most states.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1914 on: February 17, 2009, 06:45:03 PM »

Hi Everyone and  WELCOME to the new Monkeys!   

I'm sitting in a hotel (on a business trip with hubby) and the internet provider is extra SLOW - but wanted to say hi to everyone and help you get into a new cage.

I can't wait to get the document dump!     I'll be lurking on and off.     
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1915 on: February 17, 2009, 06:45:06 PM »

This is really odd.  There is more than Baez on the team, you would think someone would have visited.  Wonder when they were told docs were coming and when they actually got them.  I still feel there might be 2 sets.
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1916 on: February 17, 2009, 06:46:52 PM »

This is really odd.  There is more than Baez on the team, you would think someone would have visited.  Wonder when they were told docs were coming and when they actually got them.  I still feel there might be 2 sets.

So that would count back to the day of the Memorial right?  What's up you think?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1917 on: February 17, 2009, 06:47:14 PM »

This morning I said I may only have a tail in the cage for a while due to work ... the Dolce and the Dolcettes went from there ...   

I've been kicked out of the cage 3 times today.Just so you know...I'll hanging on to your tail in the morning.If one goes ,we both go.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1918 on: February 17, 2009, 06:48:32 PM »

Hi Everyone and  WELCOME to the new Monkeys!   

I'm sitting in a hotel (on a business trip with hubby) and the internet provider is extra SLOW - but wanted to say hi to everyone and help you get into a new cage.

I can't wait to get the document dump!     I'll be lurking on and off.     

You sly little monkey. 

~ Peter Frampton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1919 on: February 17, 2009, 06:51:53 PM »

Tell us how you really feel!

THAT"S not what I really wish for but it sounded so much classier than wishing them all being bound and gagged , made to listen to KC 's endless lies for all of eternity.

Okay.. that's not what I'm really thinking ..........can I just allude to cattle prods and whips

Just pushin' the cage
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.