April 24, 2024, 09:50:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dominick Wesley Arceneaux 3, missing 2/10/09 Chidester, AR - BODY FOUND in Lake  (Read 25406 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 01:53:33 PM »

Another one? 

This is beyond sick and ridiculous how often this is happening!!!

*A child goes missing every 40 seconds in the U.S, over 2,100 per day

In excess of 800,000 children are reported missing each year while another 500,000 go missing without ever being reported

Source: Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 02:19:32 PM »

Alert for Ouachita County boy called off after a body found in lake

LITTLE ROCK — Arkansas State Police called off a Morgan Nick AMBER alert for a missing Ouachita County toddler after authorities reported finding a body Wednesday morning in White Oak Lake.

Officials would not confirm early Wednesday afternoon if the body found was that of 3-year-old Dominick Arceneaux.

Chief Deputy Joe Strickland of the Ouachita County Sheriff’s Office told The Associated Press that searchers recovered a child’s body from a “body of water” near where 3-year-old Dominick Arceneaux disappeared Feb. 10. Strickland said the body has yet to be positively identified, but deputies have called off a Morgan Nick Amber Alert for the child.

Dominick disappeared from outside his family’s home along the lake near Chidester around 2 p.m. Feb. 10 while his mother, Amber Arceneaux, and her aunt were inside.

Come back to Arkansas Online for more information as it becomes available.

http://www2.**/news/2009/feb/18/ouachita-county-boy/?subscriber/national

Not moving this until a positive ID is made.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 02:21:40 PM »

Morgan Nick Amber Alert Called Off For Missing Child, Body Found

Arkansas State Police has called off the Morgan Nick Amber Alert for 3-year-old Dominick Arceneaux.

Washington County Sheriff's Department says that they found a small child's body that matches his description, but they are waiting for positive identification.

The body was found about 200-300 yards from where Arceneaux went missing at about 11:45 a.m. by members of the search and rescue team in White Oak Lake. Arceneaux has been missing since Feb. 10.
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=80329&catid=2

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 02:32:42 PM »

how very sad for him and his family...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 02:43:20 PM »

This is so sad. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 05:18:32 PM »

Sheriff: Body found identified as missing Ark. boy
By JON GAMBRELL – 33 minutes ago

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — A sheriff in Arkansas says a body found Wednesday has been identified as that of a 3-year-old boy who had been missing for more than a week.

Ouachita County Sheriff David Norwood says searchers found the body of Dominick Arceneaux of Chidester floating in White Oak Lake. Norwood says the boy's body was about 300 feet down the shoreline from his mother's mobile home on the southwestern Arkansas lake.

Norwood says deputies don't suspect foul play in Dominick's death, but "nothing's been ruled out." He says the boy's body has been taken to the state crime laboratory for an autopsy.

Police and FBI agents had been interviewing neighbors, family members and passers-by for days about the boy's disappearance.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gd9gk0jtHJslYuvVWV9_3Ew_5KlwD96E82JO0

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »

Thank-you for the update Nut44x4, but this is such sad news..........

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 06:42:29 PM »

I am so sorry for this family. In the blink of an eye, they can be taken away. I will say a prayer for them.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 12:10:39 PM »

What a sad, sad day for his family and friends.  I will pray for them. 

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 06:44:04 PM »

Drowning cause of death for boy

Associated Press - February 21, 2009 5:54 PM ET

CHIDESTER, Ark. (AP) - A 3-year-old boy who was found dead after an 8-day search in Ouachita County died by accidental drowning.

Authorities say autopsy results indicate there was no foul play in the death of Dominick Arceneaux.

The boy was playing in his yard in Chidester on Feb. 10 when he vanished. The property abuts White Oak Lake, but Dominick's mother, Amber Arceneaux, said her son was afraid of water. A massive search effort included the lake, nearby woods and anyplace else in the area that Dominick may have been able to reach. The boy was barefoot when he disappeared.

A volunteer firefighter found Dominick's body Wednesday in the lake, about 10 feet from shore.

The search involved numerous agencies, including the Arkansas State Police and the FBI. Agents visited registered sex offenders in the region and questioned them about the boy's disappearance. Ouachita County Sheriff David Norwood said law officers stopped motorists at roadblocks near the Arceneaux home in hope that drivers may have seen something the day Dominick disappeared.

Amber Arceneaux said her son was outside for about five minutes, then she noticed he was gone.

Law officers expressed frustration throughout the ordeal, saying they had no clue what happened to the boy. Officials had to rule in all possibilities.

Sheree Mitchell, a great aunt of Dominick's, said the boy's mother has not accepted that the death was an accident. She says she and Amber Arceneaux don't believe the boy went into the lake.

Norwood said no strangers were reported in the area on the day Dominick disappeared. Also, none of the dogs on the property barked during that time. Mitchell and Amber Arceneaux were home at the time Dominick vanished, but neither saw or heard anything out of the ordinary, Norwood said.

Mitchell said the outcome offered little solace other than that they were told the boy's death came quickly.

http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp?S=9883826&nav=menu1344_2

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.