March 28, 2024, 07:03:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Birth Certificate - Post Election Quest Continues  (Read 11743 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 13, 2009, 09:28:43 PM »

Four Tennessee legislators want Obama to prove citizenship

By Theo Emery • THE TENNESSEAN • February 13, 2009

Several Tennessee lawmakers have signed on to a legal action intended to force President Barack Obama to turn over his birth certificate and other documents to prove his citizenship, an effort rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court in an earlier case.

Tennessee Reps. Eric Swafford, Stacey Campfield, Glen Casada and Frank Niceley have all agreed to be plaintiffs in a planned legal action by a Russian immigrant in California who has challenged whether Obama meets constitutional criteria to be president.

Swafford's letter states "I agree to be one of the plaintiff's in a legal action filed by Dr. Orly Taitz, Esquire for a Writ of Mandamus to obtain birth certificate, immigration records, passports and other vital records for Barry Soetoro, aka Barack Hussein Obama."

Casada, the House Republican caucus chairman, said that he believes that Obama does have a U.S. birth certificate, and should make it widely available.

"Let's just put this to bed. Yes, people may say, you're just chasing some conspiracy theory," he said. "It's a simple act on his part to just do, and we're done — move on."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090213/NEWS02/902130368/1009/NEWS02

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:44:44 PM »

it's sad that these people can't go on with their life and accept the reality.
they could use their energy to do so much more productive things, especially now with this recession.

oh well, they are republican congressmen, i guess they have time on their hands now anyway.
obstruction doesn't take much time after all.

in four years time they probably still haven't moved on. then the whole show can start again with the re-election.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 06:31:45 AM »

it's sad that these people can't go on with their life and accept the reality.
they could use their energy to do so much more productive things, especially now with this recession.

oh well, they are republican congressmen, i guess they have time on their hands now anyway.
obstruction doesn't take much time after all.

in four years time they probably still haven't moved on. then the whole show can start again with the re-election.

I believe the nation is in a major Depression.

I think that maintaining the constitution is an important issue.  I can't think of any sane reason why Obama would keep his birth file a secret.  It's just a birth certificate like any other.  What's wrong with posting the original file, knowing that everything is ok?  Stop the insanity once and for all?

I believe this nation may have integrity problems with the voting registration and the polling place.  I base this on my own observations.  How many nations or states or communities on the globe allow anyone to vote by providing just a utility bill and another person to vouch for them?  In this day and age, utilitity bills and friends do not prove citizenship, residence, identity, or eligibility to vote.  Yet, that is the standard. 

Is this a new information age standard?  Old ways that don't seem to work? 

I think the birth certificate is just one thing to look for.  The other things are the school records.  Did Obama at some time give up his U.S. citizenship?  Perhaps he is a citizen of another nation?  I think there are a couple of contenders.

Did he get student aid of any kind intended for foreign students?  Did Mrs. Obama write school papers critical of the U.S.?  Perhaps wishing for it's downfall?

None of these records should be a big deal.  For some reason keeping them secret is important to Obama.  More important than transparency and honesty and integrity.

What do the Obama's have to hide?

just my opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 11:40:12 PM »

Do you think that after the inauguration and after Obama talked to other world leaders that a birth certificate will be produced and Obama will have to resign? It is just not possible. It would upset the world. It's never going to happen.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »

no it won't happen but just to clarify for those who haven't been in the workplace or the traditional one for some time.......every permanent employee hired into my employer (a public company) is required to produce either a US passport or birth certificate at the START of their first day of hire. So why for the highest ranking job in our country is that not required also?

I continue to stand with the girl.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 01:41:38 PM »

he did produce his certificate of live birth, issued by the hawaii state department.
showing he was born on hawaii.
the hawaii state department wouldn't have issued that if he wasn't born there.
a republican governor there on hawaii by the way, she spoke at the RNC.

if obama would have given in to these bloggers and showed is birth certificate.
does anyone think the bloggers would have stopped?
they would say: why show the birth certificate now and not earlier - it must be a fake.
and then they would ask for a witness who was present at his birth.
and even that would not statisfy them.

further the supreme court would never go against to will of the people.
the american people (to quote the constitution: we the People) voted for obama, so they wanted him to be president of the united states.

so, like i said before, this birth certificate thing is just for a very few people who would go fully insane if they had to accept that obama is legally president of the united states.
maybe because they've been brainwashed into thinking he is the anti-christ or it might be racism or something else.
so obama is really helping them to not go fully insane in a way. now they can stay moderately insane. 
it is sad though that these people can't move on.

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 03:31:03 PM »

I can't imagine that an employer wouldn't accept a valid state-issued certificate of live birth.

The last several jobs I have accepted have required a driver's license and a Social Security card.  I have never been asked for a birth certificate in connection with employment (my experience is in California only - both public and private companies).

In fact, I can't remember the last time I was asked to produce a birth certificate for any reason.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »

Do you think that after the inauguration and after Obama talked to other world leaders that a birth certificate will be produced and Obama will have to resign? It is just not possible. It would upset the world. It's never going to happen.

I think the differences between a 'certification of live birth' and an original birth certificate and file in Hawaii have long been discussed.  I think it's more than the birth certificate, I believe its the school records, the immigration records, and any adoption records.  Did Obama at some time in the past represent himself as a non-American?  Perhaps renounce his citizenship?  Mrs. Obama, what about a school paper that was put under lock and key? 

The question of the records remains.

The Obama presidency, is the foundation built on solid ground or shifting sand?

If it's solid as a rock, why be afraid and pay all those lawyer fees to keep it hidden?  What is the Obama foundation for political office?

imho

Also, an Obama supporter chimes in -

BO said he was born in Hawaii and we should believe him. He is a man of high integrity. We, BO supporters should ask BO to disclose the original verifiable vault-certificate, showing the place of birth and the hospital. It will cost him $12, and the GOP will shot up.

It is hard to argue against his political enemies who claim he and our party spent nearly $1,000,000 to keep it secret. Even if the actual amount is less, there are now about 30 lawsuits and it is doubtful that all lawyers hired to keep the vault-BC under seal, work on pro-bono basis.

We can not hope that this fringe of right-wingers are going to quit. In fact the pressure is getting stronger, with some lawmakers joining as plaintiffs.

Please Barack pay the $12 and make them shot up. We are supporting you and we don’t need distractions in these hard economic times.

Posted by: BO Supporter at February 15, 2009 4:17 PM

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/humphrey/2009/02/on-factchecking-obama-birth-ce.html

Alternatively, maybe this whole issue is to distract from the other goings on, mo.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 04:35:07 PM »

Remove all doubt: Release information

Editor:
Lebanon Daily News
Updated: 02/14/2009 10:09:55 PM EST

The theme of Barack Obama’s administration is one of truth, honesty and transparency.
But he remains the only U.S. president to not release records of his education, passport, medical care (but for a single sheet of paper) and the long form of his birth certificate — the so-called vault version.

Several other facts fuel the controversy. Hawaii in the past has permitted foreign births to be recorded on its certificates. An example of such is the Hawaiian birth certificate of Sun Yat-Sen, the first president of the Republic of China, who was actually born in Guangdong, China, yet obtained a Hawaiian birth certificate.

http://**/opinion/ci_11707719

I think for better or worse, with regard to the Obama birth certificate conspiracy/mystery we're all in this together.

mo

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »

I can't imagine that an employer wouldn't accept a valid state-issued certificate of live birth.

The last several jobs I have accepted have required a driver's license and a Social Security card.  I have never been asked for a birth certificate in connection with employment (my experience is in California only - both public and private companies).

In fact, I can't remember the last time I was asked to produce a birth certificate for any reason.

A's I was surprised as well but it did happen, just two years ago. I do think in our larger global companies it's more common practice, but please don't imply it's not accurate for it is. I had a passport and was informed on paper prior to bring either that or a copy of my original birth certificate. I still have that paperwork. I was in an orientation group in which some had passports and some did not, some brought birth records and complained about the inconvenience of that.

For the record when my children changed schools (private) in 1998, it was a requirement to provide original immunization and birth records. Both also played on traveling sports teams, whether it be softball or AAU, and they were required to provide copies of their birth certificates to their coaches. Those were submitted prior to any event to qualify the ages of their players, although those are not school teams but recreation department teams.

It likely depends upon your experiences whether you've had to provide birth records, but it does happen.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 06:45:33 PM »

Also, some insurance carriers now require official copy of a birth certificate to enroll dependents in health care, particularly if the dependent is in college. I work in HR, I just checked some of the required event communications and indeed, a birth certificate is required by some of the largest carriers in the US now.

I find the entire issue ludicrous, if every president prior has supplied one then Obama should and close this out. My other issue with this beyond the basic birth certificate is that I feel very sure that he went to undergrad and grad school with the assistance of some financial aid or federal grants, or both. In that event, all the more reason he should comply.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »

A's I was surprised as well but it did happen, just two years ago. I do think in our larger global companies it's more common practice, but please don't imply it's not accurate for it is. I had a passport and was informed on paper prior to bring either that or a copy of my original birth certificate. I still have that paperwork. I was in an orientation group in which some had passports and some did not, some brought birth records and complained about the inconvenience of that.

For the record when my children changed schools (private) in 1998, it was a requirement to provide original immunization and birth records. Both also played on traveling sports teams, whether it be softball or AAU, and they were required to provide copies of their birth certificates to their coaches. Those were submitted prior to any event to qualify the ages of their players, although those are not school teams but recreation department teams.

It likely depends upon your experiences whether you've had to provide birth records, but it does happen.

Over the past year I have learned a few things - birth certificates, driver licenses, and Social Security cards may not be proof of place of birth or citizenship.  So easy to get and may be phony.

Other nations like India, have made efforts to qualify everyone for some kind of government ID.  In an age of increasing identity theft, the U.S. is behind.  There was the "Read ID Act of 2005" that was to address some of these things, but many states have failed to comply.

jmho

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 10:00:31 PM »

Keyes: President 'has something to hide' about eligibility

Says Dem 'asked to be chosen, therefore must answer'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 16, 2009
9:07 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Alan Keyes, who was the candidate of the American Independent Party, cited a recent exchange with lawyers representing Obama in which they warned they might seek monetary penalties against those raising the question of Obama's eligibility under the Constitution's requirement that the president be a "natural born" citizen.

"It confirms the common sense suspicion that he won't act forthrightly in this matter because he has something to hide," Keyes wrote on his blog after WND reported the warning about "sanctions" was raised by Obama's defense lawyers.

"In effect, the courts are refusing the admit plaintiffs on this matter into the courtroom, thereby denying them justice," he wrote. "Madison wrote, 'Justice is the end of government. It is the end of civil society. It will be pursued either until it be obtained or until liberty be lost in the pursuit.'"

"The denial of justice is thus a despotic act that violates the basis not only of just government, but of civil society itself," Keyes wrote.

Obama voluntarily placed himself in the position of being asked to provide his information, he said.

"Given the Constitutional requirement, the only fact citizens need to justify their suit is the fact that Obama ran for president. He asked to be chosen, and therefore must answer the eligibility question," Keyes wrote,

"Why should they demand penalties against citizens who are simply seeking the enforcement of the Supreme Law of the Land? It is simply because their persistence runs contrary to the will of a supposedly popular demagogue? This smacks of tyrannical arrogance. That Obama thus signals his intent to bring financial ruin on those who won't accept his cover-up of the circumstances of his birth is a tactical escalation," Keyes said.

read the rest here -
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=89078

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 11:11:42 PM »

Obama is the President and that is final. Accept it. I don't understand why people are using their energy to discuss an issue that is moot and will not change anything. Why not move forward and devote your energy to something positive.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 01:57:07 AM »

Obama is not a first time federal employee.  I'm certain his background was thoroughly vetted when he first took office as a senator and became privy to confidential information.

None, you asked in one post "every permanent employee hired into my employer (a public company) is required to produce either a US passport or birth certificate at the START of their first day of hire. So why for the highest ranking job in our country is that not required also?"

In another post you later talk about being required to produce a copy of a birth certificate.  That's exactly what Obama released to the press, and that is what the State of Hawaii confirms is a valid document.  Your employees are most likely not producing their original birth certificate, which is kept on file in their county of birth.  They are producing an offical copy, just like what Obama has produced for the press. 

We really don't know what documents Obama has produced to those who did his security background check.  Nor do we really know what other presidents produced.  But if he has a social security card, valid passport, marriage license and drivers license then he must have a birth certificate.

I was curious about this "certificate of live birth" issue so I pulled out my kids' birth certificates to see what they look like.  I have three kids, born in two different counties, both in California.

The document for the oldest is called a Certificate of Live Birth, is long, and contains tons of information.  The document for my second child is from another county, is called a Certificate of Live Birth and contains all the same information as the first.  The document for my third child (same county as second) is called a Certified Abstract of Birth, is very short and contains only the barest details.  So far these "certificates" have been sufficient to obtain social security cards, passports, drivers licenses, etc.

Clearly, a Certificate of Live Birth is considered a valid document to establish citizenship.  At least in my state.

JMHO

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 07:30:39 AM »

Obama is the President and that is final. Accept it. I don't understand why people are using their energy to discuss an issue that is moot and will not change anything. Why not move forward and devote your energy to something positive.

I do believe Obama is president.  The birth certificate and other documentation is about honesty and integrity.

While Obama was a federal employee, do the same standards apply as for the job of president?  I do believe that the job of president has higher standards for citizenship. 

For possible reason could Obama have to keep his original file a secret?  It seems like other folks in the public area have no problems releasing their files, Obama seem to be the exception.  Maybe there are others that resist opening their files as well and they haven't had the public battle?

jmho

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 09:36:47 AM »

A's there is a difference between "certified copy" and a copy of a birth certificate. You obviously don't know that difference. In the case of my children changing schools the certified birth certificate was required. The NCAA required "certified copy" as well which is the norm for college athletes registering with the NCAA for possible sports scholarship process. In the case of their traveling sports teams it was "certified copy" which one can get only thru their state of birth. In the case of Obama and our president, as a citizen, I fully expect certified copy to be produced. In fact, it would never occur to me that anything less would be a requirement.

My passport clearly has a seal and signature of the issuer, so do certified copies of birth certificates which is what my employer required in order to process ANY of the employment forms.

To certify a copy, the copy has to be made directly from the original document.  The copy then will be signed and dated by the official who made the copy from the original, and then sealed with the court seal. This would be a person who is sworn in as an official in the particular agency.  You can’t even then make a copy of that signed copy for it would be invalid.

Other certified copies of birth certificates from Hawaii in the same birth year as Obama's, gives a place of birth, signature of attending physician, and signature of mother.  None of this appears on what Obama has brought forward as his birth certificate.

The reason having the signature of the attending physician and mother is required for validity of the certificate, is so that if necessary, hospital records can be produced to match the birth certificate and qualify it. That information is clearly missing from the copy which Obama supplied.

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »

That's exactly what I am talking about, a "true and correct" copy.  They are called by different names and have varying degress of information (like my son's "Abstract) mentioned in a post above, but they are valid.  That's what the State of Hawaii said the document is. Obama could not have gotten a SSN, marriage license, DL, passport, etc without one.

Why Internet rumors/conspiracy theories catch fire like this, I will never understand.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 01:21:17 PM »

A's you are referencing a true and correct copy but Obama's is missing key items that all other birth certificates in the Hawaii system for that birth year, that have been released by individuals to benchmark against Obama's DO have.

McCain's birth record was scrutinized and he provided full disclosure, why not Obama? Why was the equitable process for McCain but not Obama?

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »

A's you are referencing a true and correct copy but Obama's is missing key items that all other birth certificates in the Hawaii system for that birth year, that have been released by individuals to benchmark against Obama's DO have.

i think the Hawaii State Department is a little bit more expert on issuing birth certificates then some conspiracy theorists pushing rumors around and copy-pasting it all over the internet, who don't really care about birth certificates at all - but just want to cast doubt on the Obama presidency so people who hate Obama for other reasons can fool themselves into thinking that he is an illegitimate president.

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.