April 26, 2024, 04:10:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mad Monkeys for the Missing little ones  (Read 3750 times)
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« on: February 13, 2009, 09:39:47 PM »

I'm hoping that we can round up any and every Monkey who would like to help us in attempting to push for more media attention for ALL MISSING CHILDREN.  Too many children are missing, and too many of their faces will be forgotten if they aren't regularly reported on.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 09:51:58 PM »

What's the plan?
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »

I'm hoping that we can round up any and every Monkey who would like to help us in attempting to push for more media attention for ALL MISSING CHILDREN.  Too many children are missing, and too many of their faces will be forgotten if they aren't regularly reported on.

I'm behind ya floosy... where to start ?

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 10:04:10 PM »

First, I'm thinking we need to form a group and give ourselves a name.  A couple of us have discussed contacting several people and we'd like to also contact the networks.  Among those people we'd like to contact are parents of missing children (some who are still missing and some who have been found either dead or alive), including several who are already in the public eye. 

We can either send letters separately or send one letter that lists the names (and could possibly even contain signatures) of each of the members of the group.   

For now, I'd just like to see how many would be interesting in helping and of course, I'd love to hear any ideas those Monkeys might have! 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 10:10:50 PM »

First, I'm thinking we need to form a group and give ourselves a name.  A couple of us have discussed contacting several people and we'd like to also contact the networks.  Among those people we'd like to contact are parents of missing children (some who are still missing and some who have been found either dead or alive), including several who are already in the public eye. 

We can either send letters separately or send one letter that lists the names (and could possibly even contain signatures) of each of the members of the group.   

For now, I'd just like to see how many would be interesting in helping and of course, I'd love to hear any ideas those Monkeys might have! 

Flossy Squeaky Wheels get more Oil - I think a Group effort is needed.
So many ppl who are not right in the Nugget - write letters etc..and are thrown out
You know what I am saying...

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 10:15:10 PM »

Flossy Squeaky Wheels get more Oil - I think a Group effort is needed.
So many ppl who are not right in the Nugget - write letters etc..and are thrown out
You know what I am saying...

I totally agree - we'll be the squeaky wheel!  If we could let those parents who we have in mind know what we are trying to accomplish and could get some backing, it would hopefully carry some weight and we could bombard the networks or network figures.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 10:25:40 PM »

My ultimate goal is that someone will produce a regular weekly (or even nightly) show dedicated to the subject of missing children - similar to America's Most Wanted, but limited to this subject.   

Anything to keep those childrens' faces in the minds of the public could potentially be very helpful.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 10:27:16 PM »

I'm behind ya floosy... where to start ?

Thanks, BG!!  (Great to see you, BTW!!)

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 10:43:34 PM »

In my thoughts

Parents today are struggling and they either have a One income or two income Family.
Parents have to work today.
They have to. They pay Daycare to raise their babies - because they have to work.

Once the Kids are in School - they go to a Latch Key program if a Parent can afford it. And or Children are watched of their comings and goings by a trusting neighbor. Or they pay someone to watch them after school.

Parents who are working - Have little resources when their Child is at home after school - that they can trust anyone at all - I am not talking about freaks or perps watching your kid.
People who they do TRUST in care of their children, who are accountable. They however, the sitter,  is not going to be overtly over the child/children - they are paid to make sure they do not hurt themselves, blow up the house and or run away. They feed them, watch them, care for their immediate well being.
They are not there to educate or translate themselves as a Parental guide.

Parents today do not have the time to vest into their childrens lives - as it was in yesteryear. Where Mom was always home and or another relative was there for babysitting. People have to work today just to get by.

Stress and Money is a full equation - period. So people who are working have to Entrust their babies to another during the working hours.

I KNOW  - I lived it as a Single MOM. And I have worked in a Daycare for 5 yrs - and this daycare was if one could be rated  .. 5 STAR.  It was a daycare sponsored by a Hospital for the Employees of the Hospital. This was before my D was born.

The issue is MOMS and DADS are not Super Human. They cannot be everywhere and everyone at all times.  They need to be educated - because We all get caught up into Routine. And we never expect things to happen ...as we flow with daily routines that can turn into .. Stepford Wife Syndrome.
Programmed Living - I get up at crack ass dawn, take a shower, get dressed, get the kids up, Get them ready ....shuffle them into the car ..cart them to daycare or babysitter or school ... drive to work, run in and get going ... Its pattern.

So the outside world and news do not exist - because YOUR not existing when you have all this swirling around you.  You have to have someone OFFER it out to YOU -
The wind down time comes after 7 pm ... when MOM and or DAD can say

Hey How was Your Day and or AM I actually a Person that is functioning outside of everything today ? How do they do it - Usually by turning on the TV.

Knowledge is Power and having a TV show that is directed to Parents would be a Godsend as far as I can see. Not just one of these 20/20 Alert shows.
But a show that is consistent and telling what is on going in the real world today - NOT Hype to scare the crap out of them .. but Real Deal this is what is.

HOW to Parent when your working Full Time ..etc.. How to Communicate with your Child, How to gain your Childs attention, Trust etc...

Kids today are PISSED off at MOM and DAD - why because they have NO Place other than to be here, there,  we have to .. You have to Be .. What, WHO, WHY ...

WE need to take you and drop you - its an ongoing assembly line

Kids need to feel Ground under their Feet. They need to BOND with both Parents and HOME as a SAFE haven and Trust needs to be Earned - its not a natural born instinct.

I am rambling - I just have so many Ideas running through my head.

Please comment anyone
I am trying to project an Idea .. not so sure if I am making myself clear.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 10:47:57 PM »

*Deenie, do you mind if I post a portion of the post in which I said you were basically reading my mind?  I want to make sure it's okay with you before posting it here!*

Go Flossy - you can post what ever I have typed - any time.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 10:56:46 PM »

I guess what I am trying to Focus on is Prevention

Preventative Education for Everyone - SO our Kids do not become of " THE MISSING"

Preventative Education for Mothers, Fathers what to watch for in their Children when they Use the internet
True Stories - reenacted shown for Parents to Learn something - Children to Learn something. Consequences - This is what happened - this is the Law.
And Duel education - for the Freaks out there - who do Harm children - YOU do Wrong- this is what will happen to YOU if you Hurt a Child, take a child, abuse a Child ..
that is needed for all to see. Because either your a Good Human watching and learning so you can Spot these creeps in your own community and or just be aware period.

And or Your a Kid sitting alone at home and watching TV - to watch another Kid's story that did put their trust into another they met online and or in their community  and was found dead.

Kids need to see it on TV so they can evaluate it - They wont listen to a Parent who yells at them ...their EARS shut off way before the parent gets to the reality of the words they are trying to convey.

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 09:54:39 AM »

I guess what I am trying to Focus on is Prevention

Preventative Education for Everyone - SO our Kids do not become of " THE MISSING"

Preventative Education for Mothers, Fathers what to watch for in their Children when they Use the internet
True Stories - reenacted shown for Parents to Learn something - Children to Learn something. Consequences - This is what happened - this is the Law.
And Duel education - for the Freaks out there - who do Harm children - YOU do Wrong- this is what will happen to YOU if you Hurt a Child, take a child, abuse a Child ..
that is needed for all to see. Because either your a Good Human watching and learning so you can Spot these creeps in your own community and or just be aware period.

And or Your a Kid sitting alone at home and watching TV - to watch another Kid's story that did put their trust into another they met online and or in their community  and was found dead.

Kids need to see it on TV so they can evaluate it - They wont listen to a Parent who yells at them ...their EARS shut off way before the parent gets to the reality of the words they are trying to convey.

Agree with you.  Where do we start?  Sounds like a big project any ideas for funding?
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 11:09:24 AM »

I'm in and will help however I can.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »

Hi, everyone.  I didn't want anyone to think I've forgotten about this thread or this idea. 

Very busy this weekend with my 4th grader's science project.  We're basically having to cram a couple of weeks worth of work into this three day weekend and with birthday parties, etc.....it feels like we're running a race!

I'll be back as soon as I can.   I hope everyone's having a great weekend.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 11:17:55 AM »

Wow, I have been missing in action - a lot longer than I had planned, and no, it wasn't all due to that pain in the butt science project!   

I just sent an email (apparently it goes through CNN filters first) and wanted to post the link that can be used.  If all of us can send individual emails, I think that will be very helpful.  I will be sending many more in the coming days and weeks. 

Here is the link below.  After any of you send one, will you just mention it here that you did so that we have an idea of how many emails we are sending overall?  Thanks to all of you who are willing to do this.

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?81

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 12:30:39 PM »

done...

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »

Thanks, Cookie!  I know Dolce is also sending them daily or more, I'm pretty sure Deenie has and a few others as well.  (They've been posting on the Adji thread)

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.