April 20, 2024, 05:13:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 29, Missing 10/10/06 Somerset County, NJ  (Read 26687 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: October 20, 2006, 01:33:10 AM »

Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, 29, of Warren Township, NJ Missing Since October 10, 2006

http://missingexploited.com/2006/10/18/margaret-haddican-mcenroe-29-of-warren-township-nj-missing-since-october-10-2006/

Description:

The 29-year-old woman is Caucasian
5 ft 2 in tall
110 pounds
brown eyes
brown hair
light complexion
She has a tribal tattoo on her stomach, firefighter’s helmet tattoo on her left thigh and multiple tattoos on her back
She is an Army veteran and may have identification with her birth name of “Sherwood Halley.”
She left behind her cell phone and did not take her vehicle.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:26:40 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 12:20:20 PM »

I saw a bit on this last night on Nancy Grace.

Can't find any new stories on it, this is not far from where i work...

Very strange..

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 08:03:50 AM »

1 month later, Warren family still looking for missing mom

By CHAD HEMENWAY
Staff Writer

WARREN -- A young mother who disappeared from her home a month ago today is still missing

Margaret Haddican- McEnroe, 29, left her house Oct. 10, leaving behind her car, cell phone and her baby daughter Emily. No one has heard from her since.

"It's just a mystery," said Eileen Haddican, Haddican-McEnroe's stepmother. "You can make up a thousand scenarios in your head, and I have. I just want her to be OK."

"We haven't heard anything," said Patrick Haddican, Haddican-McEnroe's stepfather. "There were a few clues or leads at first, but I don't think they panned out because we haven't heard anything."

Haddican-McEnroe is married and has three children -- two daughters, 5 months and 20 months, and a 9-year-old girl from a previous marriage who stays with her grandparents, the Haddicans.

The story received national attention Nov. 1 when Haddican-McEnroe's husband and father appeared on the Nancy Grace show on Court TV. The Haddicans said the show was one of Margaret's favorites and hopes were that she'd watch and call someone.

"The sole purpose was to get exposure and maybe get her or someone to call who has heard from her so they can help police," Patrick Haddican said. "All the assumptions and sensationalism is good for television, but we just wanted more people to know about this."

A film crew from Court TV visited the Haddicans' home to interview the husband, Timothy McEnroe.

Almost immediately, host Jane Velez-Mitchell, sitting in for Nancy Grace, insinuated that Haddican-McEnroe was a victim of a crime and that her husband could be involved.

On the show, McEnroe said his wife left with about $11,000 in cash he had in the house.

Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne J. Forrest said he was invited to appear on the show but declined. He did not watch the show and does not know how the show obtained its information, he said.

Forrest would not say if investigators believe Haddican-McEnroe is alive, and he added that investigators have been handling the case as both a missing person case and a criminal matter from the start.

"We have to," Forrest said. "We don't know if she left on her own, was kidnapped or even killed. We have to investigate all options."

"I have my moments thinking about this," Patrick Haddican said. "But the sun comes up. There are things that have to be done that I can't ignore. Maybe it's for the best -- to keep my mind occupied or I'll think about it nonstop."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 04:10:24 PM »

Is it possible she might be one of the four murdered women found in AC? I hope they are identified soon.  So tragic.
JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 04:25:56 PM »

Maybe not.  Sounds like all 4 were blond haired:
"...Two of the victims, including the one whose autopsy was completed, were in their 20s but, until the examinations were done, the ages of the others could not be determined.

Three of the women had blond hair; the other had lightened hair that appeared to have been dyed, Blitz said....

....He said authorities were checking missing persons reports in the area, but did not yet make any connections between the victims and open cases."
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/breaking_news/story/473517p-398373c.html
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 11:19:23 AM »

Quote from: "JerseyMom"
Maybe not.  Sounds like all 4 were blond haired:
"...Two of the victims, including the one whose autopsy was completed, were in their 20s but, until the examinations were done, the ages of the others could not be determined.

Three of the women had blond hair; the other had lightened hair that appeared to have been dyed, Blitz said....

....He said authorities were checking missing persons reports in the area, but did not yet make any connections between the victims and open cases."
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/breaking_news/story/473517p-398373c.html

OMG Jersey Mom how scary is that?  4 people found dead in a water filled ditch.....Extremely tragic and scary.

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 12:21:12 PM »

WOW, She had a 5 month old and a 20 month old.  Thats really close together.  Was she suffering from post partum depression or some sort of hormonal imbalance?

I sure hope she turns up.....

Maine, born and raised!
JerseyMom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 08:04:07 PM »

It is so sad, Jac.  Someone's daughters, sisters, left in a ditch.

So is the husband under suspicion in Margaret's case?
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 08:34:41 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
WOW, She had a 5 month old and a 20 month old.  Thats really close together.  Was she suffering from post partum depression or some sort of hormonal imbalance?

I sure hope she turns up.....

The husband says yes, she was.
Her parents say she was ready to file for divorce.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 10:43:02 PM »

WARREN: Search on for missing mom

WARREN -- The disappearance of a Warren Township woman is under investigation by detectives from the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office and Warren Police Department.

Prosecutor Wayne J. Forrest said Margaret Haddican-McEnroe was reported missing by her husband on Oct. 12. He last saw her at about 1:30 p.m. Oct. 10.

When Mr. McEnroe returned home at about 3 p.m. Oct. 10, he discovered his wife gone and their infant child home alone.

Mr. McEnroe told police his wife had threatened suicide in the past and may be suffering from post-partum depression.

Margaret Haddican-McEnroe last was seen wearing a grey sweatshirt with “ARMY” written across the front in black letters, white plaid pajama bottoms, white socks and white Nike sneakers. She was also wearing a silver chain with military dog tags and a white-gold wedding ring with three diamonds. She also may have a black BDU (military style) jacket and black duffle bag with additional clothing.

The 29-year-old woman is caucasian, 110 pounds with brown eyes, brown hair and a light complexion. She has a tribal tattoo on her stomach, firefighter's helmet tattoo on her left thigh and multiple tattoos on her back. She is an Army veteran and may have identification with her birth name of “Sherwood Halley.” She left behind her cell phone and did not take her vehicle.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crimes Squad at (908) 575-3400, Warren Township Police Department at (908) 753-1000 or the Somerset County TIPS Line at (888) 577-TIPS (8477). All calls are confidential.

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061018/FRONT01/61018008

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 07:55:08 AM »

Quote from: "JerseyMom"
It is so sad, Jac.  Someone's daughters, sisters, left in a ditch.

So is the husband under suspicion in Margaret's case?

I can't find any new "news" on this and there is nothing on the television news either...

As for the AC women, I am glad that they indentified them and hope they catch the killer/killers soon...

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 09:28:55 PM »

WARREN: Young mother still missing

By KARA RICHARDSON
Staff Writer

WARREN -- A young mother who disappeared from her home two months ago is still missing, Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest said.

Margaret Haddican- McEnroe, 29, left her house Oct. 10, leaving behind her car, cell phone and her baby daughter, Emily. No one has heard from her since.

Her husband, Timothy McEnroe, told police that Haddican-McEnroe, an Army veteran, had threatened suicide in the past and may be suffering from postpartum depression.

Forrest has not said if investigators believe Haddican-McEnroe is alive. He has said that investigators have been handling the case as both a missing person case and a criminal matter.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 10:34:39 PM »

WARREN: Reward offered in missing woman case

WARREN -- A reward of up to $5,000 has been posted by Crime Stoppers of Somerset County for information leading to the whereabouts of Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, a Warren resident, wife and mother.

Haddican-McEnroe's husband found their infant at home alone on the afternoon of Oct. 10. Haddican-McEnroe has not been seen since. She was last seen wearing a grey sweatshirt with ARMY written in black across the front and back, white plaid pajama bottoms, white socks, white NIKE sneakers, a silver chain with military dog tags and a white-gold wedding ring with three diamonds. She may also have with her a black military-style jacket and black duffle bag.

She is 29 years old, 5' 2" and 110 pounds, with brown hair and eyes, light complexion, tribal tattoo on stomach, firefighter's tattoo on left calf and multiple tattoos on her back. She may also have ID indicating a birth name of "Sherwood Halley."
http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061212/FRONT01/61212007

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 05:38:43 AM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
WARREN: Reward offered in missing woman case

WARREN -- A reward of up to $5,000 has been posted by Crime Stoppers of Somerset County for information leading to the whereabouts of Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, a Warren resident, wife and mother.

Haddican-McEnroe's husband found their infant at home alone on the afternoon of Oct. 10. Haddican-McEnroe has not been seen since. She was last seen wearing a grey sweatshirt with ARMY written in black across the front and back, white plaid pajama bottoms, white socks, white NIKE sneakers, a silver chain with military dog tags and a white-gold wedding ring with three diamonds. She may also have with her a black military-style jacket and black duffle bag.

She is 29 years old, 5' 2" and 110 pounds, with brown hair and eyes, light complexion, tribal tattoo on stomach, firefighter's tattoo on left calf and multiple tattoos on her back. She may also have ID indicating a birth name of "Sherwood Halley."
http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061212/FRONT01/61212007

Thanks for this Bleachedblack..

I work very close to where this woman lives...

You see nothing on the local news or in the papers hardly....

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 07:59:46 AM »

Refusing to rely on hope, family confident of mother's return

By CHAD HEMENWAY
Staff Writer

Margaret Haddican-McEnroe's birth mother said just because she gave her daughter up for adoption doesn't mean she has given up on her.

"If I get four hours of sleep every 24 hours, that's a lot," Terri Diel said from her home in Illinois. "I lost her once. I don't want to lose her again."

Haddican-McEnroe, 29, of Warren, a mother of three, disappeared from her home Oct. 10, authorities said. She did not take her SUV or her cell phone. No one has heard from her since.

"I miss the phone calls," Diel said. "I miss hearing her voice. I miss hearing about my grand-babies."

During her time in the Army, Haddican-McEnroe searched for and found Diel. The two have had a close relationship ever since, Diel said.

Just a teenager when she gave birth to Haddican-McEnroe, Diel gave her daughter up for adoption as a baby with the name Sherwood Halley -- a combination of Diel's maiden name and the birth father's name, Diel said.

Haddican-McEnroe was adopted by the Haddicans from Catholic Charities in Jackson, Miss., Diel said.

"I was told they had a family waiting for her," Diel said. "I thank them (the Haddicans) for that."

Diel said she thinks Haddican-McEnroe is in a place she wants to be.

"If someone took her, they'd be beaten up," Diel said. "Margaret is tough. She could head-butt someone and make their face bleed. If someone tried removing her, there would be damage."

But there was no evidence of damage at Haddican-McEnroe's home, said her husband Timothy McEnroe. He said a crime scene investigation unit combed the house for clues and found nothing.

Keeping informed

McEnroe said detectives keep him informed about their progress in the case and occasionally stop by the home to investigate Haddican-McEnroe's records, such as those from her days with the Army while stationed in Kansas.

Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne J. Forrest said he could not comment about specifics having to do with the investigation.

"Detectives from the county and from Warren are working actively on this case, following up on a number of leads, and we'll continue to do that," Forrest said. "There is always some new development."

McEnroe said he contacted the FBI to get involved and they told him they were, in more of a "behind the scenes" role.

Forrest confirmed the presence of the state police and FBI to assist in some aspects of the case.

"The guys who are handling the case now are doing a good job," McEnroe said. "The FBI said they would step in if that weren't the case."

Diel theorizes Haddican-McEnroe could have went to her birth father's home in either Alabama or Mississippi.

McEnroe said authorities tracked down and interviewed his wife's biological father and didn't come up with anything. He added that Haddican-McEnroe lost touch with her father shortly after Hurricane Katrina.

She's left before

Haddican-McEnroe hasn't tried to contact Diel since her disappearance, Diel said. It is a fact she isn't necessarily surprised about. In fact, McEnroe has said his wife has left in the past but always returned. That is why he did not report Haddican-McEnroe missing until two days after he came home from the store and didn't see her, McEnroe said. "I thought she was going to come back," he said. "I still think she will."

"There were a lot of things happening in her life that she could have just needed some time off from them," Diel said. "She is a very resourceful person. She could be in Warren and no one would know it, or she could be in a different country and no one would know it."

McEnroe said detectives have tried to calculate how long it would take Haddican-McEnroe to spend about $11,000 in cash McEnroe said is missing since his wife disappeared.

"She has a credit card, too, but there has been no activity on it," McEnroe said. "That's the one thing I can monitor."

Authorities are also keeping tabs on Haddican-McEnroe's cell phone, McEnroe said. Though she left it home, detectives can still see if she is checking messages.

Diel said she came to the home Haddican-McEnroe shares with her husband for Thanksgiving to see McEnroe and the two infant daughters McEnroe is caring for while his wife is missing. The two hoped Haddican-McEnroe would return as they had hoped the same when the family went through a christening for the couple's youngest daughter.

It was the first time Diel and McEnroe met face to face.

"I asked him point blank about things," Diel said of a conversation with McEnroe. "He looked truthful -- didn't hesitate or stop and repeat what I was asking him. Margaret loves him. I think they are good for each other."

During Thanksgiving, detectives visited the house, Diel and McEnroe said. Diel said authorities scraped the inside of her mouth for DNA identification purposes.

Custody changes

Haddican-McEnroe's first-born daughter, Sarah, is staying with the Haddicans -- who filed an order to show cause almost immediately after Haddican-McEnroe went missing, McEnroe said.

Haddican-McEnroe's adoptive mother, Eileen Haddican, said she and her husband understood that McEnroe was told by the courts that Sarah could not stay with him because she had no biological link to him.

To add to the family's stress, Diel and McEnroe said Sarah's biological father was also attempting to get shared custody rights of Sarah prior to the disappearance.

"Sarah's biological father doesn't see her," McEnroe said. "I don't care what anybody says, I consider Sarah my daughter and it killed me when I couldn't do anything to prevent the Haddicans from taking her from me."

McEnroe said he delayed telling the Haddicans about their adoptive daughter's disappearance because he knew it would mean they would get custody of Sarah and that his wife didn't want that.

Neither Diel nor McEnroe could provide a full name for Sarah's biological father. He could not be reached to comment.

The Haddicans have not called McEnroe to offer him assistance of any kind, he said, though he is now caring for two babies, eight and 22 months old.

"I have help from people," said McEnroe, a landscaper. "I have customers coming to my house for food and offers to watch the kids while I go shopping and these are people that pay me."

But the costs are mounting as life goes on and bills need to be paid. "We're doing our best here," he said. "I just want her home. I miss my best friend.

"She'll be back. She'll be back when she wants to be back."

Post a Comment  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This article does not have any comments associated

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 10:41:30 AM »

Update:  

http://www.c-n.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061215/NEWS/612150308

A reward for information about a missing Warren mother of three has reportedly been upped to $20,000 after a contribution by her husband and fellow firefighters.

Timothy McEnroe, husband of Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, who has been missing since Oct. 10, said he and the Mt. Bethel Fire Department in Warren kicked in $15,000 to a previous reward offer on Tuesday of up to $5,000 from the Somerset County Crime Stoppers.

The couple volunteered as firefighters at Mt. Bethel Fire Department, McEnroe said.

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 10:45:39 AM »

Sounds like her parents blame the husband.  They took the oldest daughter away from him, and don't help with the 2 little ones.  Somehow I don't think this man is involved.

Wherever this Mother is,  I hope she turns up.

Maine, born and raised!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 03:03:42 PM »

I'm with you on this one Mrs.D , it's a tough one to get a feel for Hope she turns up.......

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 09:02:30 PM »

{b]I'd like to understand with more clarity why they cleared the husband?  [/b]

++++++++++++++++++++++
01/02/2007
WARREN TWP. – The case of Margaret Haddican-McEnroe, the 29-year-old township mother of three who was declared missing by her husband on Thursday, Oct. 12, was featured on Monday, Jan. 1, on the Nancy Grace Show on CNN.

It was the second time that Grace has brought national attention on the case that has baffled local law enforcement officials and Warren Township residents.

The woman’s husband, Timothy McEnroe, 34, and adoptive father, Patrick Haddican, appeared on the Nancy Grace Show on Wednesday, Nov. 1, in the hope that someone would see the show and call with information.

A combined $20,000 is being offered as a reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Haddican-McEnroe. Her husband and other members of the Mount Bethel Fire Company have contributed $15,000 as a reward for any information leading to the missing woman. And a $5,000 reward is being offered by the Crime Stoppers of Somerset County.

The Township Committee had originally considered posting a $5,000 reward in November, but tabled the idea after more clarification on laws was needed.

Both Warren Police Chief Russell Leffert and Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne J. Forrest said the investigation on Haddican-McEnroe is continuing.

Forrest said he could not comment about specifics of the on-going investigation.

“Detectives from the county and from Warren are working actively on this case, following up on a number of leads,” he said, “and we’ll continue to do that.”

Forrest said the State Police and FBI have assisted on parts of the investigation, although he did not give specifics.

McEnroe said that there has been no activity reported on the one credit card that his wife had. It is believed she may have $11,000 in cash that McEnroe said has been missing since his wife’s disappearance.

Haddican-McEnroe did not take her cell phone and authorities have been checking it to see if any messages could become a lead in the case.

A crime scene investigation unit combed through the Haddican-McEnroe home at the very beginning of the case, and there was no evidence of damage to the home, according to McEnroe.

Since her disappearance, Haddican-McEnroe has missed the birthday of one of her daughters, Sarah, and the christening of another, Melissa.

Haddican-McEnroe was last seen by her husband at 1:30 p.m., Monday, Oct. 10, at their Washington Valley Road home.

On that day, McEnroe said he left for an errand and returned two hours later and found his wife missing and their infant home alone.

McEnroe reported his wife missing on Thursday, Oct. 12, and has said he delayed the two days because she had left for short periods in the past. He said he thought for sure she would be coming back.

Haddican-McEnroe was described as physically strong despite her 5 feet 2 inch stature. She had had boxing training as a teen-ager, did her basic training in Fort Jackson in Columbia, S.C., when she enlisted in the Army following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and demanded she be given no special treatment as a woman during her firefighter training.

She won a Valor Award for her rescue and evacuation efforts as a volunteer firefighter in 1999, when Hurricane Floyd flooded the section of Bound Brook along the Raritan River and trapped some residents in their homes.

Haddican-McEnroe is described as 5 foot 2 inches tall, 110 pounds, brown eyes, brown hair, and of a light complexion. She has a tribal tattoo on her stomach, firefighter’s helmet tattoo on her left thigh and multiple tattoos on her back, police said

She is an Army veteran and may have identification with her birth name of “Sherwood Halley.”

When she was last seen by her husband, she was wearing a gray sweat shirt with “ARMY” written across the front in black letters, white plaid pajamas, white socks and white Nike sneakers, police said.

She also has a silver chain with military dog tags and a white-gold wedding ring with three diamonds, police said. She also may have a black BDU (military style) jacket and black duffle bag with additional clothing, according to local authoritie

http://tinyurl.com/w3nbf

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 09:28:37 PM »

me too, but then again maybe its some sort of investigation tactic.  I'm sure they have someone watching his every move.

Maine, born and raised!
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.