April 27, 2024, 06:13:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #801 2/18/09 - 2/21/09  (Read 201614 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #600 on: February 19, 2009, 08:52:04 PM »

Oh, so sorry!  I was talking about the little set of pictures that Robin posted.
I don't think Silvetti knew that Kyle sent those to the FBI.

I don't think, in looking back, that John knew much of what Kyle was up too.
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: February 19, 2009, 08:53:55 PM »

O/T:  Post-formatting question...

How do I make links active in the text in a post? 

For instance, referring to an article, I want to make the word "article" clickable with the link to the actual article.  I'm copying from a source document in Word format with the links embedded/inserted behind the text, I just don't know how to bring it over keeping the links active.

(Hope I asked that in a way that makes sense...)

TIA!

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: February 19, 2009, 08:55:24 PM »

Is that 700 the number of cases of dengue?  In 100,000?

That's terrible, an epidemic.  And they don't report to WHO, either, as do civilized countries.

Edited # of cases.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:25:05 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: February 19, 2009, 08:58:40 PM »

Edit to say 700 instead of 799.

I have no edit button.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:26:02 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #604 on: February 19, 2009, 08:58:42 PM »

Is that 700 the number of cases of dengue?  In 100,000?

That's terrible, an epidemic.  And they don't report to WHO, either, as do civilized countries.

You can die from dengue, but most people do not.
I have a friend in Jamaica who has had it several times.
It produces flu-like symptoms.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:28:04 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #605 on: February 19, 2009, 09:02:40 PM »

For instance, referring to an article, I want to make the word "article" clickable with the link to the actual article.  I'm copying from a source document in Word format with the links embedded/inserted behind the text, I just don't know how to bring it over keeping the links active.

Lifesong,

TIA!

I am not that computer smart, but I think if you go to the link....copy the URL from the top of while you are there.....then paste that where you want it, it will appear as a clickable link in blue.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:10:45 PM by San » Logged

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #606 on: February 19, 2009, 09:05:56 PM »

===============================================================================================

TIA!

Lifesong,
I am not that computer smart, but I think if you go to the link....copy the URL from the top of
your screen while you are there.....then paste that where you want it, it will appear as a clickable link
in blue.

I am so bad about getting my post in the one I am replying to.  I am going to try to improve.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:14:01 PM by San » Logged

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: February 19, 2009, 09:08:15 PM »

Is that 799 the number of cases of dengue?  In 100,000?

a 1000 confirmed cases. AND another 1000 suspected cases.
it is officially an epidemic (threshold for epidemic is a 1000 confirmed cases)

it gets really dangerous when someone who once got infected, later on gets infected again with another variation of the dengue virus.

a third of the population has been once upon a time infected says the Health Ministry.
'no danger for tourists', they say too...  why not?

all this from the ANP press article:

http://www.volkskrant.nl/incoming/article1151802.ece/Situatie_knokkelkoorts_op_Aruba_alarmerend

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #608 on: February 19, 2009, 09:10:48 PM »

TIA!

Highlight the word you want to link. Put your cursor to the immediate left of the word "article" foor example, hold down the left button on your mous, then drag the cursor across to the end of the word. It should be highlighted.

Click on the icon of the earth (third from the left on th ebottom row). That will insert the "markers" for a link.

Go to the first bracketed "url:  [  url  ] and insert an equal sign = on the immediate right of the word "url" then paste the copied url to the immediate right of the equal sign.

You're done. Hit "Preview" to see you rpost and if it worked okay.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #609 on: February 19, 2009, 09:14:46 PM »

Oh, so sorry!  I was talking about the little set of pictures that Robin posted.
I don't think Silvetti knew that Kyle sent those to the FBI.

I don't think, in looking back, that John knew much of what Kyle was up too.

Before I started posting here I was lurking and trying to follow along and wasn't this the reason why that Kyle person was so angry with you? You blew his cover, so to speaK, with his boss or anyway, the guy he needed to impress.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: February 19, 2009, 09:17:08 PM »

TIA!

Highlight the word you want to link. Put your cursor to the immediate left of the word "article" foor example, hold down the left button on your mous, then drag the cursor across to the end of the word. It should be highlighted.

Click on the icon of the earth (third from the left on th ebottom row). That will insert the "markers" for a link.

Go to the first bracketed "url:  [  url  ] and insert an equal sign = on the immediate right of the word "url" then paste the copied url to the immediate right of the equal sign.

Thank you for your explanation.
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: February 19, 2009, 09:19:07 PM »

TIA!

Ah - the = equal sign!

Thank you oldiebutgoodie!

(I'm gonna know just enough to be dangerous around here soon!)   

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: February 19, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »

===============================================================================================

TIA!

Lifesong,
I am not that computer smart, but I think if you go to the link....copy the URL from the top of
your screen while you are there.....then paste that where you want it, it will appear as a clickable link
in blue.

I am so bad about getting my post in the one I am replying to.  I am going to try to improve.

I know why this happens.  It is because you think you are at the end of the quote when you start typing.  It happens to a lot of people Magnolia not just you.
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #613 on: February 19, 2009, 09:21:50 PM »

Has anyone looked up that P.O. Box in Kemah,TX???TIA
I'm working on it......I'll let Ya know what I find.....So far I do know that it is Near Schaefers residence.....I'm trying to get more info....

Very interesting Hotping.TIA
PO Box 948 Kemah Tx 77565 Does or Did go to a Business by the name of Bay Financial Services Inc.....So far I have not found anything on This Company but I'm still looking...

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #614 on: February 19, 2009, 09:28:04 PM »

TIA!

Lifesong,
in blue.

I know why this happens.  It is because you think you are at the end of the quote when you start typing.  It happens to a lot of people Magnolia not just you.

Thank you, San.  I think I get in too big a rush!

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #615 on: February 19, 2009, 09:29:39 PM »

TIA!

Thank you for your explanation.
You are more than welcome. Sorry about all the typos but when Kitty wants dinner, he wants it RIGHT NOW AND NOT LATER and he gets real mean if you don't deliver the goods. I was batting the cat off my keyboard while trying to type at the same time. How dare I have my attention focused on a computer. Did I mention he gets meeeeean?

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #616 on: February 19, 2009, 09:37:48 PM »

Ah - the = equal sign!

Thank you oldiebutgoodie!

(I'm gonna know just enough to be dangerous around here soon!)   

That's just for urls. If you want to post an image, click on the framed picture icon on the post authoring page. That icon is second from the left on the bottom row. You will see [  img  ] and [/  img  ]  Now click inbetween those bracketed words (where "and" appears here) and paste the image's url there. No equal sign used for images.

This url:  http://www.visitaruba.com/facts/newsdesk/images/natalee_holloway2.jpg  when put between the image brackets produces this picture:

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #617 on: February 19, 2009, 09:39:01 PM »

I should mention the webpage where I got that image has a special page for tourists who go missing in Aruba. Hmmm...

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: February 19, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »

frontpage Awemainte 20st February

police union member don't accept:

-the commission that will try solve the problems during the 30-day cooling off period.
-Peter de Witte staying on as police chief

Rudy Croes ordered to appear for a Judge was witness in the case Michael Williams v. Aruba

over 2300 suspected dengue cases (1000 confirmed - it is an epedemic).

and this Dan Young claims to know something.

Tourism Pension Funds are victim of the Stanford financial scandal.

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #619 on: February 19, 2009, 10:27:08 PM »

Has anyone looked up that P.O. Box in Kemah,TX???TIA
I'm working on it......I'll let Ya know what I find.....So far I do know that it is Near Schaefers residence.....I'm trying to get more info....

Very interesting Hotping.TIA
PO Box 948 Kemah Tx 77565 Does or Did go to a Business by the name of Bay Financial Services Inc.....So far I have not found anything on This Company but I'm still looking...

Schaefer et al
EasyEdit
(What's this?) What is the EasyEdit button? This website gets better when people like you add to it. Just click the EasyEdit button to start. (help)
Last update: No updates (content history | content tools) (help)
Keyword tags: None
Appellants: Louis E Schaefer, Jr and Schaefer Holdings, LP

Case Number: 4:2009cv00338
Filed: February 5, 2009

Court: Texas Southern District Court
Office: Bankruptcy Appeal (801) Office [ Court Info ]
County: Harris
Presiding Judge: Judge Nancy F. Atlas

Nature of Suit: Bankruptcy - Appeal
Cause: Federal Question
Jurisdiction: Federal Question
Jury Demanded By: 28:0158 Notice of Appeal re Bankruptcy Matter (BA

Don't know if this is related to stuff we already know??Have to be a member to get all the information...

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-txsdce/case_no-4:2009cv00338/case_id-640679/

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.